PDA

View Full Version : Allen iverson says he will be "the best he can be" again

bigvdebo86
08-18-2009, 09:34 PM
I think my man ai is gonna light it up this year he has something to prve listen to wht he said on his twitter

best that I can be. One doesn't plan to fail, they fail to plan. I am planning for my comeback. Plan to hear from me daily on Twitter.com

the other day and told him that I am again a student of the game. I am studying video and breaking down film. I want to be the b
about 13 hours ago from web
I have heard all of the doubters, but they should know that I willnot be broken and I will remain true to my fans. I spoke with my manager

I have had a year to get ready, my back is fine now don't worry. When you see me again you will think that I am fresh out of Georgetown!

Getting in shape, running, lifting and thinking about which team that I will help compete for a championship! Whoever gets me will be happy

goku
08-18-2009, 09:38 PM
well maybe he mean more of a complete players idk

Mavrix
08-18-2009, 09:39 PM
I think he should sign with Houston...they desperately need a scorer

ko8e24
08-18-2009, 09:42 PM
no twitter sources on PSD please

BaustinSali08
08-18-2009, 09:43 PM
AI will sit on the bench for whoever he plays for, he was fun to watch in his prime. He needs to finish his career in Philly, that would make the 76er's more enjoyable for me to watch and give them some kind of boost, I would think.

JerzeyFresh
08-18-2009, 09:57 PM
The Sixers arent interest but thats really what most of us 76ers fans want.

mdabstar
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
AI isnt the same anymore. hes too far from the best in the NBA.

Hustla23
08-18-2009, 10:02 PM
AI is a great warrior and has such passion and heart when playing the game.

He's taken so much punishment for relentlessly driving to the hoop all these years.

He was undoubtedly the best offensive player in the league during his MVP season and during the years surrounding that season.

However, like all good things, it must come to an end one day.

And at the weary age of 33, that day is coming closer and closer.

AI still has some fight left in him, but a complete rejuvenation to "become the best" is entirely out of the question.

:(

B.JenningsMVP
08-18-2009, 10:50 PM
k

blastmasta26
08-18-2009, 11:06 PM
Doubt it.

D-Amazins
08-18-2009, 11:12 PM
He wont be the best but my god its really a pity that most fans have given up on the guy and dont see him as a scoring threat like he was once. Can we please not forget he was averaging 26 PPG with Denver in 2007-08 and before he got traded to DET he was around 23PPG. :facepalm:

The guy is still phenomenal and will be the legitimate scoring threat hes used to being.

dodie53
08-18-2009, 11:38 PM
go to the suns AI.
hehe

Raph12
08-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Lol people are misunderstanding what he said, he said "the best I can be" not the best in the league. "The best I can be" means the best one could be at his/her current state. Anyone can be the best they can be, so stop saying things like "never gonna happen" it's quite possible.

MTar786
08-19-2009, 12:01 AM
put him on a bad team and he'll get u 26 points a game again with like 7 assists. put him on a great team n he'll make them a worse team. Its a lose/lose situation for AI. iduno why people think he sucks all of a sudden now.. he's just as good as he was two years ago.. its just that his game basically got exposed. he's a great individual talent.. but he doesnt make ur team better. team cancer :( as much as i love his game.. this is the truth

Lakeshowallday
08-19-2009, 12:24 AM
ya he wishes

Ni55anpat
08-19-2009, 12:26 AM
I cannot wait till he proves all you haters wrong....seriously.

TheMicrowave
08-19-2009, 12:41 AM
AI is not what he used to be. He is not that good anymore. He is career is coming to an end.

ARMIN12NBA
08-19-2009, 01:02 AM
I cannot wait till he proves all you haters wrong....seriously.

I can't wait until he proves objective people right...seriously.

Trouble87
08-19-2009, 01:08 AM
I love hearing a athlete of any sport talk with that kind of confidence.

You have to think like that if your going to succeed but at this point in AI's career he fails to realize that he is no longer "the guy".

He doesn't want to be a better teammate or leader, he wants to be the best

Get in where you fit in and play a role... he proved he had talent a long time ago, now it's time to prove you aren't the selfish egotistical ball hog people say you are

IversonIsKrazy
08-19-2009, 01:17 AM
I dont care abt wut team he goes for anymore, as long as he proves u h8rs wrong. I still think, Philly, Miami, Charlotte, or NY would be perfect situations for him. He will be atleast a 24ppg scorer and 6apg disher next season.

lorenz00
08-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Lol people are misunderstanding what he said, he said "the best I can be" not the best in the league. "The best I can be" means the best one could be at his/her current state. Anyone can be the best they can be, so stop saying things like "never gonna happen" it's quite possible.

so true!

dick butane
08-19-2009, 02:04 AM
AI is a great warrior and has such passion and heart when playing the game.

He's taken so much punishment for relentlessly driving to the hoop all these years.

He was undoubtedly the best offensive player in the league during his MVP season and during the years surrounding that season.

However, like all good things, it must come to an end one day.

And at the weary age of 33, that day is coming closer and closer.

AI still has some fight left in him, but a complete rejuvenation to "become the best" is entirely out of the question.

:(

AI needs to take that famous chip on his shoulder and get it to focus on passing and ball-handling. He should strive to be the best distributor in the league that occasionally takes the lane when it is left open. It would add five years to a career that looks like it'll be over in two. Just ask Stockton about longevity.

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 02:13 AM
4 everybody who's been sleepin on iverson.. its wake up time.. dis year A.I. is goin 2 be in rare form sounds like all the haters just added a even bigger chip on shoulder, im enjoy watching him destroy ya'll favorite team... lol...

dick butane
08-19-2009, 02:17 AM
^^ That is unless he is playing for our favorite team..(he currently doesn't have one) and what will you enjoy if he plays in Greece? Will you get the Greek sports package on your local cable box? He's a fun player to watch hog the ball.... I'd like to start seeing him do the things that win games.

secterm
08-19-2009, 03:13 AM
It's time for AI to take up a one man sport...my vote is darts cause he's such a chucker. But seriously, the only way the guy can do well is on a non-contending team where he could get his shots.

#1Mavericksfan
08-19-2009, 08:22 AM
AI needs to take that famous chip on his shoulder and get it to focus on passing and ball-handling. He should strive to be the best distributor in the league that occasionally takes the lane when it is left open. It would add five years to a career that looks like it'll be over in two. Just ask Stockton about longevity.

I think it's a little to late in his career for him to do that.

BaustinSali08
08-19-2009, 08:29 AM
k

The funniest post I have read in a while.

BooCain
08-19-2009, 08:52 AM
I absolutely agree with A.I. this is a guy with the heart of a lion. He's got a chip on his shoulders the size of the golden nuggett. He will without question lead the league in steals and scoring this season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Didn't Marbury said it also???:shrug:

Next couple of months dude was eating vaseline and crying like a *****.

Giantwarrior
08-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Iverson will be the best again!..........in Euro League! HAHA.

GAWDtv
08-19-2009, 10:32 AM
He wont be the best but my god its really a pity that most fans have given up on the guy and dont see him as a scoring threat like he was once. Can we please not forget he was averaging 26 PPG with Denver in 2007-08 and before he got traded to DET he was around 23PPG. :facepalm:

The guy is still phenomenal and will be the legitimate scoring threat hes used to being.

They are shhep just regurgitating the white medias bias against a blackman that did it his way and will not conform. This is bigger than basketball, bigger than sport. They sent Muhammid Ali to Prison to bring him down, same with Tyson now AI ad many mre in between. Strong Confident Blackmen with a Medium and a stage scares the non black men.

Exactly and the Best he can be is better than any of the guards we have in Toronto. AI lead a team to the finals, a team of misfits who had no business being in the NBA. Give him a team of Giants and/or Giant killers and he will shine. He won MVP of the All-Star game showing what he could do when he's got talent around him.

put him on a bad team and he'll get u 26 points a game again with like 7 assists. put him on a great team n he'll make them a worse team. Its a lose/lose situation for AI. iduno why people think he sucks all of a sudden now.. he's just as good as he was two years ago.. its just that his game basically got exposed. he's a great individual talent.. but he doesnt make ur team better. team cancer :( as much as i love his game.. this is the truth

He is not a cancer as his teamates all love him and they all played hard. He played hard, leading by example so easy on the HATE.

I can agree and believe with the right team (Toronto) he will do just that.

4 everybody who's been sleepin on iverson.. its wake up time.. dis year A.I. is goin 2 be in rare form sounds like all the haters just added a even bigger chip on shoulder, im enjoy watching him destroy ya'll favorite team... lol...
:clap: Me too :D

^^ That is unless he is playing for our favorite team..(he currently doesn't have one) and what will you enjoy if he plays in Greece? Will you get the Greek sports package on your local cable box? He's a fun player to watch hog the ball.... I'd like to start seeing him do the things that win games.

He may have to drive to dish a lil more with Toronto he would love to Dish to the pieces we have around him.

Just imagine the balance he would bring to our starting line. Bosh is a shooter as well as Bargs and Turk. Jose as well. With AI driving and attracting the help defenderS, he will have full confidence dishing to our guys for open shots. JUST IMAGINE

It's time for AI to take up a one man sport...my vote is darts cause he's such a chucker. But seriously, the only way the guy can do well is on a non-contending team where he could get his shots.

I love basketball, watching basketball NOT DARTS. AI is one of the most entertaining, and hard working lil manz in the NBA HISTORY. He has scored over 1000 MORE fastbreak points than nayone else over the last 12 seasons. The Answer belongs in the NBA, starting for a team that wants to win and are not named in the top 3 of each conference. (Perfect for Toronto)

I absolutely agree with A.I. this is a guy with the heart of a lion. He's got a chip on his shoulders the size of the golden nuggett. He will without question lead the league in steals and scoring this season.

JUST LET BC GET SOME BALLS, REALIZE TO KEEP BOSH WE NEED A GAME CHANGER AND WE HAVE A NEED AT THE 2 SPOT. WIN WIN WIN.
JACK/JOSE/DOUBY
AI/WRIGHT/BELLINELI
TURK/DeROZEN/WEEMS
BOSH/EVANS/JOHNSON
BARGz/RASHO/O'BRYANT

WAIVE MARCUS BANKS AND WE GOOD, THIS TEAM LOOKS LIKE IT COULD WIN SOME GAMES AND ENDURE A FEW INJURIES. SCORE WITH THE BEST OF THEM AND GET SOME STOPS. WE NEED HELP AT THE GUARD SPOTS, AI 1 YEAR CONTRACT ON THIS TEAM WITH THAT CHIP???:speechless:

Didn't Marbury said it also???:shrug:

Next couple of months dude was eating vaseline and crying like a *****.

Marbery has not done anything to be compared to AI, check the Resume fool and stop boasting your ignorance.

I cannot wait till he proves all you haters wrong....seriously. My sentiments exactly.

J-Relo
08-19-2009, 10:38 AM
AI is gonna be good next season, but not great

CELTICS4LYFE
08-19-2009, 10:44 AM
THATS THE MENTALITY U HAVE TO HAVE U CAN B COMING BACK N BE THINK OH IM GUNNA DO OK THIS YR

N GAWDTV CONGRATS!!! IVE NEVER SEEN ANY ONE QUOTE A WHOLE THREAD B4 LOL :clap:

driz
08-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Sign for a minimum on the Cavs...sit your *** in a role position, and collect that ring once and for all.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-19-2009, 10:51 AM
sign for a minimum on the cavs...sit your *** in a role position, and collect that ring once and for all.

for that he would jus come to the celtics...

Ace33Bone
08-19-2009, 11:05 AM
What about AI should be concentrating on finding a team that is willing to sign him first and then he can get back to trying to be the best because you cannot work on anything if you are a FA

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-19-2009, 11:11 AM
for that he would jus come to the celtics...

Ainge please sign A.I!!!:pray::pray::pray:

SirCalvin81
08-19-2009, 11:20 AM
let him sign with a team 1st then he can talk

DLeeicious
08-19-2009, 11:24 AM
We talkin about practice man. That's what I hear when Iverson talks.

Raph12
08-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Sign for a minimum on the Cavs...sit your *** in a role position, and collect that ring once and for all.

Well then h'd be sitting for a long time, seeming as how Cavs will make another playoff exit courtesy of the Magic/Celtics for the next 1-3 years

They are shhep just regurgitating the white medias bias against a blackman that did it his way and will not conform. This is bigger than basketball, bigger than sport. They sent Muhammid Ali to Prison to bring him down, same with Tyson now AI ad many mre in between. Strong Confident Blackmen with a Medium and a stage scares the non black men.

Exactly and the Best he can be is better than any of the guards we have in Toronto. AI lead a team to the finals, a team of misfits who had no business being in the NBA. Give him a team of Giants and/or Giant killers and he will shine. He won MVP of the All-Star game showing what he could do when he's got talent around him.

He is not a cancer as his teamates all love him and they all played hard. He played hard, leading by example so easy on the HATE.

I can agree and believe with the right team (Toronto) he will do just that.

:clap: Me too :D

He may have to drive to dish a lil more with Toronto he would love to Dish to the pieces we have around him.

Just imagine the balance he would bring to our starting line. Bosh is a shooter as well as Bargs and Turk. Jose as well. With AI driving and attracting the help defenderS, he will have full confidence dishing to our guys for open shots. JUST IMAGINE

You are an idiot. I love basketball, watching basketball NOT DARTS. AI is one of the most entertaining, and hard working lil manz in the NBA HISTORY. He has scored over 1000 MORE fastbreak points than nayone else over the last 12 seasons. The Answer belongs in the NBA, starting for a team that wants to win and are not named in the top 3 of each conference. (Perfect for Toronto)

JUST LET BC GET SOME BALLS, REALIZE TO KEEP BOSH WE NEED A GAME CHANGER AND WE HAVE A NEED AT THE 2 SPOT. WIN WIN WIN.
JACK/JOSE/DOUBY
AI/WRIGHT/BELLINELI
TURK/DeROZEN/WEEMS
BOSH/EVANS/JOHNSON
BARGz/RASHO/O'BRYANT

WAIVE MARCUS BANKS AND WE GOOD, THIS TEAM LOOKS LIKE IT COULD WIN SOME GAMES AND ENDURE A FEW INJURIES. SCORE WITH THE BEST OF THEM AND GET SOME STOPS. WE NEED HELP AT THE GUARD SPOTS, AI 1 YEAR CONTRACT ON THIS TEAM WITH THAT CHIP???:speechless:

Marbery has not done anything to be compared to AI, check the Resume fool and stop boasting your ignorance.

My sentiments exactly.

:clap: Great ideas, but Toronto won't want to give the MLE to AI and AI can take Miami's BAE instead so I don't think he'll be in TO anytime soon. Btw AI, Hedo and only one ball? idk man, don't see that working well

ryanj12344
08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
i think charlotte would be dangerous with him.

Afridi786
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM
This whole AI situation is overblown, the Nuggets were going to get better last year and Pistons were going to get worse last year regardless of the trade. It isn't AI's fault he was traded to a declining old team.

ink
08-19-2009, 01:41 PM
Great ideas, but Toronto won't want to give the MLE to AI and AI can take Miami's BAE instead so I don't think he'll be in TO anytime soon. Btw AI, Hedo and only one ball? idk man, don't see that working well

Zero chance in Toronto. Colangelo went on record early in the off-season to dispel any thoughts of AI coming to the Raptors. With the recent trade of Delfino and Ukic to the Bucks, the team has reached its roster limit. If he is able to move Banks' contract it will be cap management.

-------------

btw, I changed the title to "best that I can be" because that's what AI said. He did not say he was going to be the best. No one should doubt that he's a good guy.

Raph12
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Zero chance in Toronto. Colangelo went on record early in the off-season to dispel any thoughts of AI coming to the Raptors. With the recent trade of Delfino and Ukic to the Bucks, the team has reached its roster limit. If he is able to move Banks' contract it will be cap management.

-------------

btw, I changed the title to "best that I can be" because that's what AI said. He did not say he was going to be the best. No one should doubt that he's a good guy.

:clap: There you go, when me and Ink can agree on somthing (Zero chance of AI in TO) you know it's gotta be accurate lol. Btw thanks for changing the thread name, ignorant people thinking that AI is Marbury reincarnated was starting to anger me lol.

RaiderLakersA's
08-19-2009, 02:15 PM
best that I can be. One doesn't plan to fail, they fail to plan.

I hope that he does come back, but fully acknowledges that he has to prove it in PRACTICE and on the court.

ink
08-19-2009, 02:20 PM
:clap: There you go, when me and Ink can agree on somthing (Zero chance of AI in TO) you know it's gotta be accurate lol. Btw thanks for changing the thread name, ignorant people thinking that AI is Marbury reincarnated was starting to anger me lol.

lol. Definitely, it's ridiculous to say that AI is a cancer. That's not the issue at all. IMO the game has just moved on. One of the great 1on1 players ever to play the game, but the game is being played less and less that way now. Even Kobe only made his championship breakthrough when he accepted that. [Yes, I know it also has to do with the quality of teammates in Kobe's case ....] ....

Theanswer76
08-19-2009, 02:34 PM
lol. Definitely, it's ridiculous to say that AI is a cancer. That's not the issue at all. IMO the game has just moved on. One of the great 1on1 players ever to play the game, but the game is being played less and less that way now. Even Kobe only made his championship breakthrough when he accepted that. [Yes, I know it also has to do with the quality of teammates in Kobe's case ....] ....

I agreee completely if Iverson wants to be the best he can be he has to learn how to play defense and dish the ball, but great post by you I agree completely

RaiderLakersA's
08-19-2009, 02:44 PM
IMO the game has just moved on. One of the great 1on1 players ever to play the game, but the game is being played less and less that way now.

The game was never intended to be played that way. I recall an article or discussion where someone posited that Jordan ruined basketball for reasons mentioned. A distortion of course, but that's the NBA for you...all hype and media spin. The truth is there isn't a single championship won by 1 player or a 1v5 player, no matter how dominant or how great that player is/was. That the Iverson and others bought into that is a reflection of their own ego and poor judgment, to say nothing of the the judgment of their coaches. I remember the days when coaches would bench a player for trying to "own the show."

Nets fan 93
08-19-2009, 05:12 PM
I hope so... especially if he signs with the Bobcats.

IBleedPurple
08-19-2009, 05:51 PM
This whole AI situation is overblown, the Nuggets were going to get better last year and Pistons were going to get worse last year regardless of the trade. It isn't AI's fault he was traded to a declining old team.

While I somewhat agree.....You can't say that the Nuggets would've gotten that much better, and the Pistons would've gotten that much worse.

Missing56&33
08-19-2009, 06:00 PM
AI is still AI....he can play the game at a high level

ink
08-19-2009, 06:51 PM
The game was never intended to be played that way. I recall an article or discussion where someone posited that Jordan ruined basketball for reasons mentioned. A distortion of course, but that's the NBA for you...all hype and media spin. The truth is there isn't a single championship won by 1 player or a 1v5 player, no matter how dominant or how great that player is/was. That the Iverson and others bought into that is a reflection of their own ego and poor judgment, to say nothing of the the judgment of their coaches. I remember the days when coaches would bench a player for trying to "own the show."

Very well put.

Toenail Clipper
08-19-2009, 07:38 PM
AI isnt the same anymore. hes too far from the best in the NBA.

Just because of his downfall last year?
WTF

Byronicle
08-19-2009, 07:55 PM
sounds like what Marion and TMac are promising this year

Kobe2324
08-19-2009, 07:55 PM
I believe he will have a great year if he goes to a team that needs scoring. I would love to see AI really light it up again but if he ends up on a team where he comes off the bench dont expect anything more than last year...

Byronicle
08-19-2009, 07:56 PM
Just because of his downfall last year?
WTF

the Detroit Pistons is a team that wins games through team work...when Iverson joined that team, his basketball playing style reflected that he really is just a one man show and that for Denver to become the team they are now they needed to get rid of Iverson who was just a cancer for them

IBleedPurple
08-19-2009, 07:58 PM
the Detroit Pistons is a team that wins games through team work...when Iverson joined that team, his basketball playing style reflected that he really is just a one man show and that for Denver to become the team they are now they needed to get rid of Iverson who was just a cancer for them

^this

Teams are really jumping over each other to sign AI :rolleyes:

Raph12
08-20-2009, 01:14 PM

True, but Iverson was the closest player to doing it in the 2001 Finals and with that being said the 2001 Sixers may be the only 1v5 (offense) team to win a conference championship, so should he get credit for that? AI was the only player who had any playoff success playing 1on5 regularly. Now I understand he is too old and the teams are too stacked for him to do that now, but he still has game in him and can make a lottery team into a playoff pusher for sure.

ink
08-21-2009, 11:43 AM
Iverson comes out of a different NBA, a different time, and sometimes it feels like he’s hanging around a high-school party a year or two after his graduation.

“When he went to Detroit and showed that he couldn’t really fit into a team setup, it sent out a ‘buyer beware’ signal to everyone,” one NBA general manager said.

For now, Allen Iverson is 34 years old, one of the last vestiges of the immediate post-Jordan era. He is fading fast out of relevancy, and perhaps it’s fitting that another high-maintenance star no wanted anymore, Larry Brown, is trying to play revisionist history for him.

There’s no misunderstanding why A.I. is still unemployed this late into August, no search for answers about The Answer.

Yahoo (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AgGh1RdNNqI1acvSsrOu6NU5nYcB?slug=aw-iverson082009&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

bigsams50
08-21-2009, 11:45 AM
i think he'll be a perfect fit 4 the cats

AirJordanXVIII
08-21-2009, 12:00 PM
Just come back to Philly godamnit.

2_Trill
08-21-2009, 01:14 PM
The Sixers arent interest but thats really what most of us 76ers fans want.

i agree..

ink
08-21-2009, 01:20 PM
^ Problem is that the game has evolved and it's mostly sentimental memories of a different era that are making those fans hope for AI. The Sixers need to win in the present tense, not re-live old memories right?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-21-2009, 01:22 PM
AI's gonna giv everyone the bang-outzzz this season!!!! ahahahah!! YESS CANT WAIT!!!