PDA

View Full Version : With Lebron not winning title last season, does that affect 2010 NBA MVP?

ko8e24
08-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Since the media crowned Lebron the league MVP before the 08-09 even started, and basically looked over guys like Wade, CP3, and of course, the defending 08 LEAGUE MVP of the time, Kobe Bryant. And with Lebron not taking his team to the finals (yes, he did everything, his teammates failed him blah blah blah, but result was he didn't win a title as expected by so many), does the bias of the media for choice of 2010 NBA MVP change now.

And the fact that Kobe's Lakers won the title, and Kobe won his first Finals MVP, does that instill bias in the minds of the media voters in Kobe's favor for the 2010 league MVP?? Perhaps with Kobe actually winning the title, and winning Finals MVP, the media will give him more respect, or atleast, more regard for 2010 league mvp.

Thoughts.

**And no, this is is not a Lebron hate or Kobe praise thread or anything like that, this is simply talking about the biased media and what type of stuff affects them in their voting for NBA LEAGUE MVP.

Hawkeye15
08-18-2009, 03:48 PM
This is ridiculous dude. You are fishing. The very fact that LeBron led a team that was exposed as nothing but role players to a 66 win season, with great stats, proved without a doubt that he should have won MVP. It is a regular season award.
J/C. I am so sick of Kobe/LeBron threads. If you think one is better than the other, than good for you. There is nothing wrong with thinking either one is better.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-18-2009, 03:50 PM
No.

What doe 08-09 have to do with 09-10?

AntiG
08-18-2009, 03:53 PM
LeBron deserved his MVP last season. The Cavs, who weren't even a great team outside of LeBron, had the best record in the league and LeBron tore it up from every aspect.

LA_Raiders
08-18-2009, 04:01 PM
I think Kobe doesn't care about MVPs he wants more Rings 7 at least...

what54!?
08-18-2009, 04:05 PM
doesn't really matter. I really don't think kobe or lebron will be MVP next season anyway. I think kobe rather have finals MVP anyways.....

kobe24>lebron23
08-18-2009, 04:07 PM
i thiink kobe does care about mvp's and i actually believe he want's atleast 1 or 2 more before he actually retires... as for championships we all know he's looking for the number 6 and more

ttam68
08-18-2009, 04:11 PM
I really thought you had a legitimate thread idea...then you started talking about Kobe.

I think it would be interesting if someone looked at the trends the last ten years, because theres definitely some kind of hungover from the previous playoffs. It seems like whoever breaks out or does especially well one year wins it the next - its always a season behind.

scully8743
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
absolutely not. That's just stupid.

JordansBulls
08-18-2009, 04:45 PM
Since the media crowned Lebron the league MVP before the 08-09 even started, and basically looked over guys like Wade, CP3, and of course, the defending 08 LEAGUE MVP of the time, Kobe Bryant. And with Lebron not taking his team to the finals (yes, he did everything, his teammates failed him blah blah blah, but result was he didn't win a title as expected by so many), does the bias of the media for choice of 2010 NBA MVP change now.

And the fact that Kobe's Lakers won the title, and Kobe won his first Finals MVP, does that instill bias in the minds of the media voters in Kobe's favor for the 2010 league MVP?? Perhaps with Kobe actually winning the title, and winning Finals MVP, the media will give him more respect, or atleast, more regard for 2010 league mvp.

Thoughts.

**And no, this is is not a Lebron hate or Kobe praise thread or anything like that, this is simply talking about the biased media and what type of stuff affects them in their voting for NBA LEAGUE MVP.

Huh!!

Didn't Kobe win it in 2008 and yet lost in the finals? Did that affect him in 2009?

Also Gasol actually led the team in overall win shares last year so that in itself affected him.