PDA

View Full Version : Starting Line-Up and 2nd unit

lapeapod
08-18-2009, 12:41 AM
If the Bucks play defense like junk yard dogs they can win 45 games this year and make a little noise in the playoffs. Here's my projected starting line-up with the 2nd unit.

Starting Line-Up

PF - Luc Mbah a Moute
C - Andrew Bogut
SG -Michael Redd
PG - Luke Ridnour
SF - Carlos Delfino

2nd Unit (Bench)

PF - Kurt Thomas
C - Dan Gadzuric
SG - Charlie Bell
PG - Brandon Jennings
SF - Joe Alexander

Ten quality players that can give effort and if they play hard every night should give other teams fits. Redd is the only player that can average 20 + points a game on a regular basis so look for Charlie Bell and Carlos Delfino to step it up and have a career year.

drewbius416
08-18-2009, 01:38 AM
Luc isn't a PF
Delfino isn't a SF
DG isn't quality

what he said

rainbowcow1
08-18-2009, 02:28 AM
Luc isn't a PF
Delfino isn't a SF
DG isn't quality

Delfino played alot at sf with raptors he also played pg and sg

BlinkManJan02
08-18-2009, 03:45 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if they grabbed the 8th seed. (i say that every year)

Philly76
08-18-2009, 05:57 AM
Here's one from philly fan!

PG-ridnour/jennings/ukic
SG-redd/delfino/bell
SF-mbah a moute/alexander
PF-warrick/thomas/ilyasova/sharpe
C-bogut/elson/gadzuric

Did I miss someone?

ROY 2 MVP Braun
08-18-2009, 01:25 PM
jennings will start plus we should get something in a s n t with sessions

zamudio_jorge
08-18-2009, 02:05 PM
jennings/ridnour/roko
redd/meeks/bell
mbah a moute/delfino/alexander
warrick/ilyasova/thomas/sharpe
bogut/gadzuric/elson

JHOHL27
08-18-2009, 02:18 PM
ya how come u dont go warrick on either of those units and ilyasova is half way decent

drama1386
08-18-2009, 02:26 PM
jennings/ridnour/roko
redd/meeks/bell
bogut/gadzuric/elson

:nod:

this will be our starting line-up opening night.

xwashableclothx
08-18-2009, 03:54 PM
jennings/ridnour/roko
redd/meeks/bell
bogut/gadzuric/elson

im pretty sure we don't have Elson....

i think this trade pretty much is kicking Sessions out the door, I am assuming a sign and trade for Sessions to NY, maybe Sessions and Thomas for Lee?? we can dream can't we?

Jennings/Ridnour/Ukic
Redd/Delfino/Bell/Meeks
Mbah a Moute/Alexander
Lee/Warrick/Ilyasova/Sharpe
Bogut/Gadz

if we could get Lee that would be amazing, I think Lee could finally bring out Boguts full potential and Bogut could maybe have a career season(nothing crazy but maybe 15 and 10 or someting)

wissportsfan
08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Here's one from philly fan!

PG-ridnour/jennings/ukic
SG-redd/delfino/bell
SF-mbah a moute/alexander
PF-warrick/thomas/ilyasova/sharpe
C-bogut/elson/gadzuric

Did I miss someone?

Philly knows what he's talking about. I could see Delfino get more minutes behind SF though.

wissportsfan
08-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Elson is listed on the Bucks roster with no (FA) next to him...

He's got a player option.

Philly76
08-19-2009, 10:45 AM
But you're gonna have to cut someone.. Currently you have 16 players on roster.. And if you get someone in Sessions s&t, it's gonna be 17..

wissportsfan
08-19-2009, 12:08 PM
Sharpe would go to the D-league and Danny G might get cut.

jay87shot
08-23-2009, 10:42 PM
This is what I have baring a s&t

Ridnour/Jennings/Ukic
Redd/Bell/Meeks
Luc/Alexander
Warrick/ Illyasova
Bogut/ Thomas

Ridnour 28 minutes Jennings 15 minutes (less to start more to end) Ukic 5 minutes
Redd 35 minutes Bell 15 minutes Meeks 5 (plays alot of dleaugue)
Luc 28 minutes Alexander 18 minutes
Warrick 30 minutes Illyasova 15 minutes
Bogut 35 minutes Thomas 15 minutes
minutes over cause of eventual injuries

I would cut Danny G and not sign Delfino or add him put him in a s&t, he costs a lot and what's multiple years which i don't see the bucks swinging for.

ryanj12344
08-24-2009, 01:44 PM
jennings better start over ridnour

Phantomrider
08-24-2009, 01:50 PM
Philly knows what he's talking about. I could see Delfino get more minutes behind SF though.

I think there is one more move coming to create a litte more financial flexibility for next season. I could really see us doing a S&T with Sessions and JA being the main pieces and one more contract added in. (Bell or DG). We might get back someone we really don't plan on using, but it will be for a big one year contract. Can you say, " Over weight Curry in Da House"

bucksfan31
08-24-2009, 06:33 PM
philly knows what he's talking about, drama ur an idiot once again, you say jennings will start by openning night which isn't goign to happen, how are we supposed to buy into someone who has a picture of jennongs as his avatar, clearly you are a bias source

crewfan13
08-25-2009, 12:11 AM
i've actually heard from a couple places too that Jennings might start from opening night as well. I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He's the future and I think we can all agree that the Bucks aren't really a championship contender, sure they might be able too squeak out a the 7 or 8 seed, but they'll get destroyed in the playoffs. They are prolly best off letting the future play right away.

brewboy288
08-29-2009, 10:38 PM
alexander over delfino

Brew Crew
08-30-2009, 08:20 AM
philly knows what he's talking about, drama ur an idiot once again, you say jennings will start by openning night which isn't goign to happen, how are we supposed to buy into someone who has a picture of jennongs as his avatar, clearly you are a bias source

I don't think the Bucks would be that comfortable with Ridnour starting all the games this year. That being said, there is a reason we aren't pushing for Sessions, and that is because the Bucks front office loved what they saw from BJ3 in the Vegas league, and he's going to be starting sooner rather then later this upcoming season.

bucksfan31
08-30-2009, 02:01 PM
alexander over delfino

ASOLUTLEY.....................................NOT! !!!!!!!!!

Everytime Alexander is in the game he looks like a deer in the headlights. He doesn't play with the pace of the game, he plays like 20 steps ahead. we would be better off with delfino in there. he is not that bad, and Joe needs WAY WAY WAY more time to develop, Jennings is more ready then he is for god sakes. I am not a Jennings hater, i would love to see him start opening night just as much as the next guy, i just don't see it happening, it just doesn't seem logical, hes going to turn the ball over soo much in the begining if you just THROW him out there. Give him till Christmas, it will be a nice present for everyone.

drama1386
08-31-2009, 05:03 PM

we'll see who the idiot is opening night, bucksfan31. in order to save this franchise, jennings must start from day one. hammond knows this, which is why he drafted him in the first place. kohl knows this. even michael hunt of the milwaukee journal sentinel knows this:

"The Bucks, for good or ill, have cast their lot with Brandon Jennings. He is their point guard moving forward and will start, barring unforeseen circumstances, from Day 1. They prefer their first-round pick’s upside. They like the fact Jennings is quicker and much more spontaneous with his open-floor decision-making."

crewfan13
08-31-2009, 05:27 PM
^^^I concur, plus its not like the Bucks are legit championship contenders the way it is. They could maybe sneak in the playoffs only to be destroyed by one of the top teams in the East. We might as well let our young guys like Jennings play. I can see having JA on the bench yet cuz he's way overmatched and looks lost all the time, but I think Jennings will be fine. Yes he'll make some stupid passes and take some bad shots, but he'll also be 1000x more exciting than Ridinour so he'll sell more tickets and thats what we need.

C_A_S_H
09-01-2009, 04:34 AM
its so funny cause no matter wat line up we put
we aint goin to make the playoffs
r team is ****

BigDiazDizzle
09-01-2009, 04:04 PM
its so funny cause no matter wat line up we put
we aint goin to make the playoffs
r team is ****

Yeah no kidding. The team we had last year was far better than what we have this year, come summer time the only game we'll be playing is the lottery to see who gets John Wall...<that's what I'm looking forward to.

Jaydes
09-01-2009, 06:15 PM
There is no way Warrick does not start. This guy is a machine...

I was unreal pissed that the Sixers did not pick him up. You will LOVE Warrick. He will be a star soon.

bucksfan31
09-01-2009, 07:55 PM
I hope u guys are right, lets get something straight, i don't hate on BJ3, i'm a big believer in him, i just think he should come offf the bench with some heavy minutes, but ridnour will start at the beginning because they need a veteran who knows the system, ridnour is not the "sexy" player out there, but he will get the job done for a little while.

bucksfan31
09-01-2009, 08:04 PM
I'm not saying you guys should lay off ur jennings juice, but i think u guys care about the team more then he does. He clearly does not want to be here in Milwaukee, he just wants to be in the league, which makes me suspect he will be kind of selfish. In all of his inerviews ive never onnce heared him say he's happy to be with the "organization", it's always i'm happy to be in the "NBA". I want the guy to suceed for the Bucks sake, if he was on another team i could care less how he turns out, but since he's on the Bucks, i want sucess. I care about the team. I hope he is a sucess, but for some reason he reminds me too much of Sebastian Telfair. That is my NBA comparison of him, but he knows thats wy they play the games!

Blue Magic
09-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Not a Bucks fan, but I think I'd like Ersan Ilyasova starting over Warrick.

Jennings/Ridnuar/Ukic
Redd/Delfino
M&M/Alexandr
Ilyasova/Warrick
Bogut/Gadzurich

Thoughts?

kgbaseball
09-24-2009, 02:22 AM
1st
Ridnour
Redd
Warrick
Mbah a Moute
Bogut

2nd
Jennings/Ukic
Bell
Delfino
Ilyasova
Thomas/Gadzuric

Ilyasova's Eurobasket play has gotten him a lot of praise, but I'm not sure Skiles would throw him into the rotation right away. I'm hoping he can play his way into the first unit rather quickly.

I have no idea where the scoring is going to come from with this 1st unit, besides Bogut and Redd, of course. Warrick should get a lot of PT and produce above his career averages, but Mbah a Moute isn't an offensive threat, and neither is Ridnour.

As for the second unit, I think BJ will eventually play his way into the starting role, but he's going to have to prove to Skiles that he can handle it first. Delfino is a question mark. If he provides the scoring he's capable of, I can see him starting on most nights. Thomas/Gadzuric/Bell are good energy players off the bench.

brewboy288
10-05-2009, 08:59 PM
i go alexander over delfino at SF

thornga2
10-07-2009, 12:30 PM
I really wish they had traded Redd, because this is clearly going to be a rebuilding year, and they have some pieces to build around with Jennings, Mbah Moute, Illyasova, Alexander, Warrick, and Bogut.