PDA

View Full Version : Delfino deal can't be done until Aug. 23 and Weems is not the other player.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Espn reported it's Weems and Johnson for Delfino and Ukic

Weems has restriction to October 1 about being traded with another player

Johnson has until the 23rd then he can be traded with another player but he can be traded by himself

So the other player is not weems

Who do raptors fans hope it is? (realistically) (ie. No Michael Redd)

AntwanN21
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
Alexander,Thomas?

clutchski
08-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I thought this would happen (B2B called it) cause Amir was traded to Mil. on the 23rd of June and there's a restriction.

I'd like Alexander or Thomas, but am not sure exactly who yet.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 03:27 PM
I think it is probably Francisco Elson right now becuase he's the cheapest and expiring and all the other players are either too expensive or the bucks need them

And if it is elson we probably send them O'bryant as well

Tdots-Guido
08-17-2009, 03:31 PM
Oh no way! I too hope we get Alexander. Young guy with some potential has hops could be used for blocks rebounding maybe. Thomas would be a good vet for backing up the centre position but i just don't know what he can do anymore.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 03:33 PM
they traded Jefferson for not just financial reasons

I'm pretty sure Alexander and Mbah a Moute are apart of the bucks future

yungballah15
08-17-2009, 03:35 PM
damn it better be alexander, because that weems guy really impress me. so all does reporters where wrong? that the deal will be done today are tommorow.

Ragun
08-17-2009, 03:37 PM
i hope alexander. that would be a great trade for the raptors if it was alexander and johnson. 2 pieces to our future.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
If colangelo is really that good he might be able to get a future first round pick (Lottery Protected) or a couple 2nd rounders

td0tsfinest
08-17-2009, 03:55 PM
do you got a link man?

deaner
08-17-2009, 03:58 PM
Since you kinda opened the door for a dream... I'll ask for Hammed Haddadi in a 3 way. Amir and Hammed would complete us

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:01 PM
yea i like haddadi 2 trade o'bryant out and get him in

YYZ
08-17-2009, 04:03 PM
It can't be done as one 4-player deal immediately but it can be done as a series of smaller deals using both teams' trade exceptions:

Deal 1:
Weems to Toronto for Trade Exception (any of Solomon, Adams, or Moon work).

Deal 2:
Ukic to Milwaukee for Trade Exception (either Williams or Allen work).

Deal 3:
Delfino to Milwaukee for Johnson straight up.

leaves Toronto with Johnson, Weems & $1.35 Trade Exception (for Roko)

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:16 PM
It can't be done as one 4-player deal immediately but it can be done as a series of smaller deals using both teams' trade exceptions:

Deal 1:
Weems to Toronto for Trade Exception (any of Solomon, Adams, or Moon work).

Deal 2:
Ukic to Milwaukee for Trade Exception (either Williams or Allen work).

Deal 3:
Delfino to Milwaukee for Johnson straight up.

leaves Toronto with Johnson, Weems & $1.35 Trade Exception (for Roko)

Wouldn't it be like this because of Delfino's BYC status.

Trade 1, Delfino 3.6mil BYC, Ukic 1.3mil for Amir 3.9mil (Amir is not traded in conjunction with any player but this meets Delfino's BYC status.

Trade 2, Weems for TPE

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:20 PM
^^^ Then why would we do trade 2?

Weems is garbage

Nexus
08-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I still think it'll be Weems but like I said in the other thread, it would be sick if BC could get Mbah a Moute along with Johnson. They can put Alexander in at SF. M.a.M. would be a great defender/rebounder behind Turk. He doesn't quite have the offense yet, but he's making strides and that makes him perfect for 10-15 minutes a game right now.

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:24 PM
^^^ Then why would we do trade 2?

Weems is garbage

He an athletic 23 year old who's barely played how did u come to the conclusion that he's garbage?.

YYZ
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
Wouldn't it be like this because of Delfino's BYC status.

Trade 1, Delfino 3.6mil BYC, Ukic 1.3mil for Amir 3.9mil (Amir is not traded in conjunction with any player but this meets Delfino's BYC status.

Trade 2, Weems for TPE

That works too... In either case there's no barrier to this deal happening in the next day or two per ESPN.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:27 PM
He an athletic 23 year old who's barely played how did u come to the conclusion that he's garbage?.

Alright maybe i was a little to harsh but if we get weems i would rather trade out douby instead of roko

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
That works too... In either case there's no barrier to this deal happening in the next day or two per ESPN.

Unless the second player in the deal, salary is greater than 1mil

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:28 PM
I still think it'll be Weems but like I said in the other thread, it would be sick if BC could get Mbah a Moute along with Johnson. They can put Alexander in at SF. M.a.M. would be a great defender/rebounder behind Turk. He doesn't quite have the offense yet, but he's making strides and that makes him perfect for 10-15 minutes a game right now.

If we could get Alexander or Mbah a Moute that would be awesome

Then we should probably trade out antoine wright in a different trade that BC could cook up

THiiRTYONE
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
LOL, i swear BC gets michael redd raps are true contenders.
Calderon, Redd, Turk, Bosh, Barg o.O
Sorry i just had to put it out there =)

THiiRTYONE
08-17-2009, 04:29 PM
however i would love to see alexander in a raptors uniform too.. :D

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:31 PM
Alright maybe i was a little to harsh but if we get weems i would rather trade out douby instead of roko

This is again why I thought Alexander was an option. Maybe i'm over-rating Ukic but the truth is Ukic has great potential as a PG or combo guard. He gets to the rim at will & with some seasoning & improved shooting, we could be regretting this trade.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:37 PM
I dont think milwaukee would trade a top 10 pick after one season 2 seasons in a row

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I dont think milwaukee would trade a top 10 pick after one season 2 seasons in a row

Lightning never strikes twice.

Why did they do it before?, why wouldn't they do it again?.

The fact that Alexander is a top ten pick shouldn't get in the way, if they think they r improving the team.

Kwame Brown was a #1 pick why would any team trade him?. Maybe Buck's don't see Alexander as what he was projected to be & holding on to him he will lose value.

The Wise 1
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
IDK if this was already posted but they can just split up the trade. Make two trades using each teams trade exceptions. Im sure that would make it work.

FlakeyFool
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
o'badynt was a top 10 pick

nstojic
08-17-2009, 04:51 PM
if it's alexander, he'll love to get the opportunity to get back at DD in practice for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUJRju-PHnI

nstojic
08-17-2009, 04:52 PM
and if it's weems, maybe we'll get a taste of this (if he's not released): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIp40WgQXi0

this one's even sweeter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VKOWcsbo84

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:52 PM
IDK if this was already posted but they can just split up the trade. Make two trades using each teams trade exceptions. Im sure that would make it work.

YYZ posted it.

but with Delfino's BYC status if his contract was 4mil his worth is 2mil so in a straight swap Amir's contract is 3.9mil which would need a filler 2mil + Ukic's 1.3mil = 3.3mil

If his contract was 5mil his worth would be 2.5mil + Ukic's 1.3mil = 3.8mil

But his rumored contract is worth 3ys 11mil , 3.6mil roughly

3.6mil contract BYC = 1.8mil + Ukic 1.3mil = 3.1mil

We only have 1mil TPE so if the other player in the deal is not Weems he would have to be under 1mil

I'm no expert, so if anyone has a better idea of numbers correct my statement if wrong.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:53 PM
well O'bryant just sucks i dont think anyone can dispute that

B2B
08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
^^ well he just sucks i dont think anyone can dispute that

Thanks

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 04:57 PM
i posted that a little late didnt say it to u

sorry bout that

secterm
08-17-2009, 05:33 PM
I would love Elson cause than we could send POB packing. I hate the guy.

OshGoshKaBosh
08-17-2009, 05:52 PM
Why does everyone here dislike POB? We all know Bargnani and Nesterovic will get most if not all the minutes anyway. What is wrong with having a third string 7-footer with a little upside?

Sly Guy
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM
Why does everyone here dislike POB? We all know Bargnani and Nesterovic will get most if not all the minutes anyway. What is wrong with having a third string 7-footer with a little upside?

because he's not an all star.

lorenz00
08-17-2009, 05:59 PM

exactly

secterm
08-17-2009, 06:00 PM

The only upside that POB has is that he can stand up straight.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 06:02 PM
The only upside that POB has is that he can stand up straight.

i saw his summer league games and he usually slouching down

nbaguy123
08-17-2009, 06:06 PM
wow this is good news, ive been away all day, is amir johnson an good and what positon does he play

yungballah15
08-17-2009, 06:07 PM
i worry how much minutes amir johnson is gonna get.

secterm
08-17-2009, 06:11 PM
i saw his summer league games and he usually slouching down

I know. I was just trying to help up his trade value. It's true, the guy doesn't even stand up straight. He's like an Irish Giraffe. Maybe he has a knack for farming potatoes and grazing the fields?

wow this is good news, ive been away all day, is amir johnson an good and what positon does he play

Amir can potentially play all three front court positions. He is best suited as a PF. He has a lot of defensive potential and his biggest draw backs are that he doesn't have much of a shooting range whatsoever and that he's foul prone.

yungballah15
08-17-2009, 06:12 PM

he can run the floor, 23 years old, atletic, good shot blocker, if he gets minutes can be are leading shot blocker, good rebound, plays good post d, and can get some steals, because his long reach and speed.hes a 4. when he finds hisself, i expect him to have a very good career. hopefully thats with the raptors.

secterm
08-17-2009, 06:16 PM
he can run the floor, 23 years old, atletic, good shot blocker, if he gets minutes can be are leading shot blocker, good rebound, plays good post d, and can get some steals, because his long reach and speed.hes a 4. when he finds hisself, i expect him to have a very good career. hopefully thats with the raptors.

Though I'm far from in love with Andrea's game, he will undoubtedly be our leading shot blocker. That is definitely his best defensive trait.

Durant is hype
08-17-2009, 06:25 PM
i worry how much minutes amir johnson is gonna get.

Same concern for me.

The Wise 1
08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Same concern for me.

Pretty much blowout minutes. he's going to be the 3rd big off the bench so hes only going to get consistent minutes if one of Rasho, Evans, Andrea or Bosh goes down and misses some games.

IDK why we gave up Delfino and Ukic for a 3rd big off the bench. I think this trade was made to please Delfino.

yungballah15
08-17-2009, 07:01 PM
Pretty much blowout minutes. he's going to be the 3rd big off the bench so hes only going to get consistent minutes if one of Rasho, Evans, Andrea or Bosh goes down and misses some games.

IDK why we gave up Delfino and Ukic for a 3rd big off the bench. I think this trade was made to please Delfino.

ye but amir johnson is good, its just that we already got a 4 and 5, hes would been a soild contribuer to this team, if one of does spots where empty. maybe different matchups he will play. but i really wanna see him play.

Byronicle
08-17-2009, 07:21 PM
its not going to be Alexander, he is a rookie 1st rounder that is part of their rebuilding team, although i wish we have to be realistic its probably gonna be elson or weems, reports get small things wrong every now and then

the life
08-17-2009, 07:26 PM
how is possible to believe you gonna get alexander for ukic?
let's have some common sense. if not why don't we trade ukic for wade.

FlakeyFool
08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
how is possible to believe you gonna get alexander for ukic?
let's have some common sense. if not why don't we trade ukic for wade.

this is raptor land, we over value our players.

secterm
08-17-2009, 08:25 PM
this is raptor land, we over value our players.

And I think there may be some drugs being passed around the Raptors forum. I think one guy might truly think we will turn Marcus Banks into D. Wade. :facepalm:
I heard some other rumblings of a religion based on BC as the messiah. :facepalm:
I think a cult may exist where people are getting brainwashed.:speechless:

GodsSon
08-17-2009, 08:58 PM
i wouldnt be overly surprised if it was Alexander instead of Weems...they get the current best player in the deal in Delfino, plus a young kid (Ukic) who still has a low of potential...Amir is young, with potential but unproven...Alexander was buried on the bench all of last year and from what i know, didnt show much; if they had to choose between Alexander or Luc, then Joe is packing his bags

secterm
08-17-2009, 09:12 PM
i wouldnt be overly surprised if it was Alexander instead of Weems...they get the current best player in the deal in Delfino, plus a young kid (Ukic) who still has a low of potential...Amir is young, with potential but unproven...Alexander was buried on the bench all of last year and from what i know, didnt show much; if they had to choose between Alexander or Luc, then Joe is packing his bags

Unfortunatley, it is likely Weems but possibly Elson. I would welcome Elson for the mere fact the we could package POB and slot in a reserve type of player in the mold of a Joey Graham type, perhaps even Joey himself. I still think Joey is a nice fit for us. There may be few players better in the NBA to match up against a superstar like Lebron. Joey is the ideal mathcup against larger SG's, any size SF's and smaller PF's.

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 09:21 PM
^^^^^^^^
Lager SG's
SF's
Smaller PF's
And
DWIGHT HOWARD!!!

but seriously i agree that Joey is a great fit for the raps which is why i just rather not get weems back in the trade and that might let us keep roko

Antoine Wright will NOT BE ABLE to even slow down lebron

As a mavs fan i know that he's a good defender but not strong enough to slow down lebron

Joey can atleast kinda match strength with lebron

secterm
08-17-2009, 09:36 PM
^^^^^^^^
Lager SG's
SF's
Smaller PF's
And
DWIGHT HOWARD!!!

but seriously i agree that Joey is a great fit for the raps which is why i just rather not get weems back in the trade and that might let us keep roko

Antoine Wright will NOT BE ABLE to even slow down lebron

As a mavs fan i know that he's a good defender but not strong enough to slow down lebron

Joey can atleast kinda match strength with lebron

That's what I'm talking about. Joey would fill out this group very nicely, and I'm fairly certain he could be had for cheap. I would also definitely take Fransico Elson over POB (The Irish Giraffe). Elson put up 5 and 5 in 19 min with a very good team in the Spurs. I suppose I would rather have just Banks than Banks and Roko at the back-up 3, seeing that we only need 3 PG's and the depth would be better suited in our front court. I'm assuming the Bucks demanded Roko be included, given that they are taken on a slightly overpaid Delfino and passing over an expiring contract for a 22 year old defensively talented young PF. Weems was added for the $/numbers to work, he's truly a filler.

Nexus
08-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Amir can potentially play all three front court positions. He is best suited as a PF. He has a lot of defensive potential and his biggest draw backs are that he doesn't have much of a shooting range whatsoever and that he's foul prone.

He's actually developed his shooting range quite well. No more reading scouting reports from 05 ;). His form is still crap though.

secterm
08-17-2009, 10:02 PM
He's actually developed his shooting range quite well. No more reading scouting reports from 05 ;).

Where's your evidence of this? You seem quick to correct without actual INFORMATION of your own. SPECULATION doesn't count as info.

Nexus
08-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Where's your evidence of this? You seem quick to correct with actual INFORMATION of your own. SPECULATION doesn't count as info.

Haha, I knew you'd get huffy. I don't see how me saying he has decent range vs. you saying he has no range is any different in the speculation department. Yeah, he gets most of his baskets from putbacks/dunks/short range but from what I've seen of Detroit - which is quite a bit - he can hit the open jumper if left open. He won't attempt any threes, but lets not quibble over a PF hitting threes. His true shooting percentage is .608, about a .50 improvement from the year before. Eigth in the league among power forwards. But you're right, it's all speculation. Therefore, I implore you to make a poll on the Detroit forum asking them whether or not Amir can hit the oper jumper from outside the key. Maybe they can tell you.

secterm
08-17-2009, 10:28 PM
Haha, I knew you'd get huffy. I don't see how me saying he has decent range vs. you saying he has no range is any different in the speculation department. Yeah, he gets most of his baskets from putbacks/dunks/short range but from what I've seen of Detroit - which is quite a bit - he can hit the open jumper if left open. He won't attempt any threes, but lets not quibble over a PF hitting threes. His true shooting percentage is .608, about a .50 improvement from the year before. Eigth in the league among power forwards. But you're right, it's all speculation. Therefore, I implore you to make a poll on the Detroit forum asking them whether or not Amir can hit the oper jumper from outside the key. Maybe they can tell you.

Actually I would welcome some information. I'm not saying I know, but from what I've seen he doesn't seem like a threat from beyond 10-12 feet. That's all right from me, considering he will be playing at almost all time with 4 other guys that are threads from like almost 30 feet. (lol). But I would love any statistical info regarding this. I haven't check yet but I believe a site call 82games.com (or something like that) actually breaks down shot range within a guys percentage.

tkshy
08-17-2009, 10:32 PM
This off Sport News Radio in MIL.
Amir,Weems,Redd for Roko,Wright,Delfino,Banks

PG-Jose,Jack,Douby
SG-Redd,Bellini,Weems
SF-Turk,DeRozan,Joey Graham (why not)
PF-Bosh,Evans,Amir
C-Bargs,Rasho,POB

mavs_raps90
08-17-2009, 10:36 PM

PG-Jose,Jack,Douby
SG-Redd,Bellini,Weems
PF-Bosh,Evans,Amir
C-Bargs,Rasho,POB

Delfino would have to sign for atleast 13 million to make that match

Nexus
08-17-2009, 10:46 PM
Actually I would welcome some information. I'm not saying I know, but from what I've seen he doesn't seem like a threat from beyond 10-12 feet. That's all right from me, considering he will be playing at almost all time with 4 other guys that are threads from like almost 30 feet. (lol). But I would love any statistical info regarding this. I haven't check yet but I believe a site call 82games.com (or something like that) actually breaks down shot range within a guys percentage.

That's fair. We're splitting hairs anyway since I consider 12 feet to be solid range for a PF. Here's the stats though:

Shot selection Shot Att. eFG% Ast'd Blk'd Pts
Jump 20% .438 71% 9% 0.5
Close 48% .526 56% 15% 1.3
Dunk 21% .941 72% 0% 1.0
Tips 12% .526 0% 5% 0.3
Inside 80% .634 55% 10% 2.7

by comparison, Bosh's are:

Jump 58% .414 66% 2% 7.3
Close 30% .529 49% 16% 4.8
Dunk 10% .939 77% 2% 2.7
Tips 3% .419 0% 3% 0.4
Inside 42% .614 56% 12% 8.0

Johnson has a better efg% shooting jumpers than Bosh. Granted Johnson usually takes them when left open, but I think the stats are pretty clear cut that he has some range.

Nexus
08-17-2009, 10:47 PM

PG-Jose,Jack,Douby
SG-Redd,Bellini,Weems
PF-Bosh,Evans,Amir
C-Bargs,Rasho,POB

That would be the biggest offense/defense differential since...I dunno.

secterm
08-17-2009, 10:53 PM

PG-Jose,Jack,Douby
SG-Redd,Bellini,Weems
PF-Bosh,Evans,Amir
C-Bargs,Rasho,POB

Did you hear this yourself? If that was the case, people would be speculating off the charts. Seems far fetched. Is much as i would welcome Redd (and relish in the bye/bye to Banks) I actually think that trade put us back to what we were before the apparent Amir + Weems for Roko+Delfino, which is arguably the weakest defensive team in the league. The way the 2 for 2 deal is reported we actually become a better defensive team, since we add a top 8 or 9 rotation player that brings better than average D in exchange for a guy in Ukic that (even though i like him) has become an 11 or 12 man in our rotation.

Redd would be interesting, but not at the expense of any of our better defensive players, no matter how good I think Redd is (and I think Redd is a top 30 player in the league)

Nexus
08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Read up secterm, I accidently edited my old post instead of making a new one.

secterm
08-17-2009, 11:00 PM
That's fair. We're splitting hairs anyway since I consider 12 feet to be solid range for a PF. Here's the stats though:

Jump 20% .438 71% 9% 0.5
Close 48% .526 56% 15% 1.3
Dunk 21% .941 72% 0% 1.0
Tips 12% .526 0% 5% 0.3
Inside 80% .634 55% 10% 2.7

by comparison, Bosh's are:

Jump 58% .414 66% 2% 7.3
Close 30% .529 49% 16% 4.8
Dunk 10% .939 77% 2% 2.7
Tips 3% .419 0% 3% 0.4
Inside 42% .614 56% 12% 8.0

Johnson has a better efg% shooting jumpers than Bosh. Granted Johnson usually takes them when left open, but I think the stats are pretty clear cut that he has some range.

Those numbers make Amir look very efficient. I LOVE efficient players. You look a Bosh's jump game at .414 that he use 58% of the time and compare it to his inside game of .614 that he uses only 42% of the time, and you think how much better the guy would be if he drove more.

Nice site, eh

scotttube
08-18-2009, 11:07 AM
I guess everyone knows this already but as Doug Smith said there are in effect 2 trades. ukic and delfino for johnson; and weems for nothing.

THiiRTYONE
08-18-2009, 12:21 PM
Me however I like POB because I remember the day when I watched the game courtside and POB got the 100 points to get the free pizza pizza :D

RaptorsFanatic
08-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Michael redd!!!! Wtfffffffff!!!!!!

secterm
08-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Me however I like POB because I remember the day when I watched the game courtside and POB got the 100 points to get the free pizza pizza :D

They should have taking the cost of the Pizza out of POB's salary. and then sacrificed him to a lemonade plant.

FlakeyFool
08-18-2009, 02:21 PM
Lol @ us getting redd

AIN'T HAPPENING

nearyG
08-18-2009, 02:53 PM
whoever even made the redd comment is a moron...and if weems is not involved maybe toronto will get keith bogans in a sign and trade...that would be a solid depth move...

SA5195
08-18-2009, 03:30 PM
Wait so everything will be official in the 23rd? For some reason i'm hoping ithe other player is gonna be Hakkim Warrick, aint gonna happen I know...

browntown
08-18-2009, 04:24 PM
raps.com says its official

August 18, 2009 - The Toronto Raptors announced Tuesday they have acquired forward Amir Johnson and guard-forward Sonny Weems from the Milwaukee Bucks for guard-forward Carlos Delfino and guard Roko Ukic. The Raptors facilitated a sign and trade with Delfino.

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/johnson_weems_trade081809.html

coolmo
08-18-2009, 04:29 PM
Close this thread already, since the title of this thread is simply WRONG.
it's delfino and roko for Amir and Weems and it's done deal (might not be able to publish but done is done)
I just saw in the Raptors TV.

phoenix_bladen
08-18-2009, 05:17 PM
this thread is useless we already have a trade thread going on

mods please close