PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone so high on the Raptors??

Pages : [1] 2

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:15 PM
You guys have them as the 4th seed in the east. are you crazy. Well first can we all agree that the raptors sucked last year can we also agree that Shawn Marion down the stretch was the best player on the team and now he is gone and replaced him with an old Hedo who a lot of people beilve he was only good because of Dwight Howard. You guys traded the best 3 point shooter and the game for Reggie Evans no clue why you did that. So you except them to go from one of the worst teams in the league to a 4th seed because of the trade of Hedo and Evans for Kapono and Marion maybe some improvement. I see them going any where from 7th to 9th seed but 4th give me a break

AntwanN21
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
man another one of these threads???? Marion didnt accept or offer so we traded him to get the best free agent available.

Kapono was terrible without his ability to drain three balls he would not be in the nba. As a raptor he sometimes had more turnovers in a game then three balls. We now repleaced him with Marco Belinelli and an all out hustle player for our bench in Reggie Evans

NYKnickFanatic
08-17-2009, 12:18 PM
By everyone, do you mean Raptors fans?

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-17-2009, 12:19 PM
You guys have them as the 4th seed in the east. are you crazy. Well first can we all agree that the raptors sucked last year can we also agree that Shawn Marion down the stretch was the best player on the team and now he is gone and replaced him with an old Hedo who a lot of people beilve he was only good because of Dwight Howard. You guys traded the best 3 point shooter and the game for Reggie Evans no clue why you did that. So you except them to go from one of the worst teams in the league to a 4th seed because of the trade of Hedo and Evans for Kapono and Marion maybe some improvement. I see them going any where from 7th to 9th seed but 4th give me a break

You are probably right!
but i think they will get the 6th seed!

FlakeyFool
08-17-2009, 12:20 PM
heat fan alert, expect nonsense

Catfish1314
08-17-2009, 12:20 PM
No one is except Raptor fans. They made some great moves this summer but they're still as soft as tissue paper and soft teams don't win anything.

clutchski
08-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Hater. This thread should be closed.

iHolden
08-17-2009, 12:27 PM
Agreed, I am so tired of hearing about this new Hedo-led Raptor team... He is not even close to good enough to lead this team anywhere. I have had the Raps not even making the playoffs ever since this HUGE deal for Hedo went down.

AntwanN21
08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
so what do you think the heat will do this year???????? I heard many on this forum put them top 5 also.

Compared to the Raps:

Chalmers<Calderon
Wade>>>> Derozan
Beasley< Hedo
Haslem<<<<<Bosh
O'neal= Bargs ( for now dont know how oneal is doing)

Our bench is way stronger also

iHolden
08-17-2009, 12:29 PM
And no, this is not a hater thread... This is a legitimate topic. Toronto is a great city, I have been there and I love it go there if you guys can... Their basketball team, however: sorry but i cant be so high on them, just my opinion... We will see at the seasons close.

GSRaider
08-17-2009, 12:31 PM
raps have a nice roster... currently, they're not title contenders... but they're a good team ( 4-5 seed in the playoffs )... if derozan exceeds expectations and develops quickly, the raps will be a powerhouse team in a season or two...

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:33 PM
so what do you think the heat will do this year???????? I heard many on this forum put them top 5 also.

Compared to the Raps:

Chalmers<Calderon
Wade>>>> Derozan
Beasley< Hedo
Haslem<<<<<Bosh

These <>= comparisons show how little you know about basketball

clutchski
08-17-2009, 12:34 PM
And no, this is not a hater thread... This is a legitimate topic. Toronto is a great city, I have been there and I love it go there if you guys can... Their basketball team, however: sorry but i cant be so high on them, just my opinion... We will see at the seasons close.

I understand, but the way this thread was originally made it will only make people upset, not constructive debating.

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:35 PM

Compared to the Raps:

Chalmers<Calderon
Wade>>>> Derozan
Beasley< Hedo
Haslem<<<<<Bosh

this thread has nothing to do with the heat

clutchski

Care to argue each of those then??

bosh4mvp
I think part of the reason might be their division. When you look at the top 8 seedings only one team other than the raptors are from the atlantic - that being boston. NJ will be one of the worst teams in the league, New York and Philly are ok teams. So finishing in 4th might not be that rediculous. Now whether they can actually win a playoff series, thats another question.

PrettyBoyJ
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Honestly I think They'll jus be fighting for 7th or 8th.. Unless Chris Bosh Put up SOme Crazy MVP numbera

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:36 PM
I understand, but the way this thread was originally made it will only make people upset, not constructive debating.

What was so offensive that i said give me a break or cmon

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 12:38 PM
Another one of these threads. :sigh:

nstojic
No one is except Raptor fans. They made some great moves this summer but they're still as soft as tissue paper and soft teams don't win anything.

and your tough-as-nails kings bullied their way to that stellar 17-65 record last year... jeeeeealous:facepalm:

AntwanN21
Care to argue each of those then??

exactly

Catfish1314
08-17-2009, 12:40 PM
and your tough-as-nails kings bullied their way to that stellar 17-65 record last year... jeeeeealous:facepalm:

Touched a nerve, did I? I never said the Kings weren't soft but we aren't talking about the Kings are we? :rolleyes:

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:41 PM

Why are u raptors fans just randomly calling out other teams this thread is about you so stop being so insecure

Mane
08-17-2009, 12:41 PM

:shrug:

This thread, believe it or not, is not about how the Kings did last year..

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:43 PM
^^ nah, really? thank you for clearing things up

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:44 PM
nd your tough-as-nails raptors bullied their way to that stellar 33-49 record last year...=)

Hellcrooner
the raps are a move away from being legitimately superannoying to psd fans and the league itself .

bosh for etiher pau, dirk or ming.

calderon, bellinelli, turkoglu , (dirk or pau or bargs), (pau, or ming or bargs)

they could play 100% euroballl with TALENTED plyers maybe even with an euro coach.

and their success would piss off every other psdr and david stern like hell

Mane
^^ nah, really? thank you for clearing things up

lawl@deflecting arguments because you don't like when people call out your team

clutchski
08-17-2009, 12:45 PM

What was so offensive that i said give me a break or cmon

I didn't say offensive, I said the thread would cause people to get upset and there will be no constructive debating. And dude, your original post IS slightly offensive. I can't help you if you cannot see that. There was a major reason why we traded Kapono for Reggie, and if you cannot see why..it shows how little you know about our team..and Kapono for that matter. We did a lot more than just those two trades, our bench is deep as ****, and we have another trade in the works.

-Kobe24-TJ19-

Compared to the Raps:

Chalmers<Calderon
Wade>>>> Derozan
Beasley< Hedo
Haslem<<<<<Bosh

Heat>>>Raptors
Team leaders: Wade>>>Hedo

Jays Claw
You guys have them as the 4th seed in the east. are you crazy. Well first can we all agree that the raptors sucked last year can we also agree that Shawn Marion down the stretch was the best player on the team and now he is gone and replaced him with an old Hedo who a lot of people believe he was only good because of Dwight Howard. You guys traded the best 3 point shooter in the game for Reggie Evans no clue why you did that. So you except them to go from one of the worst teams in the league to a 4th seed because of the trade of Hedo and Evans for Kapono and Marion maybe some improvement. I see them going any where from 7th to 9th seed but 4th give me a break

Shawn Marion is older than Hedo Turkoglu for your information and Jason Kapono was downright awful. Jason Kapono was always called for traveling and was overpaid. Bryan Colangelo pulled off a miracle when he traded a one dimensional player in Jason Kapono for a serviceable big man.

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:46 PM
it's funny how fans from a terrible team(kings) and a one-man team(heat) are the strongest instigators in this thread...

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:47 PM
nd your tough-as-nails raptors bullied their way to that stellar 33-49 record last year...=)

this always happens, i'm talking to a girlfriend and her boyfriend comes in all upset to defend her... no luck, i tell ya

clutchski
08-17-2009, 12:47 PM
the raps are a move away from being legitimately superannoying to psd fans and the league itself .

calderon, bellinelli, turkoglu , (dirk or pau or bargs), (pau, or ming or bargs)

they could play 100% euroballl with TALENTED plyers maybe even with an euro coach.

I think we've already hit that haha, but Bosh for Ming would pretty much solidify it.

Catfish1314
08-17-2009, 12:48 PM
it's funny how fans from a terrible team(kings) and a one-man team(heat) are the strongest instigators in this thread...

I'm not instigating anything. But the thread asks "Why are people so high on the Raptors" when in reality, no one is really high on the Raptors except Raptor fans. The Kings suck, the Kings are soft. But this thread isn't asking about the Kings.

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:49 PM
Shawn Marion is older than Hedo Turkoglu for your information and Jason Kapono was downright awful. Jason Kapono was always called for traveling and was overpaid. Bryan Colangelo pulled off a miracle when he traded a one dimensional player in Jason Kapono for a serviceable big man.

I can see why you did the Kapono trade for financial reasons but for personnel it was really bad and so there both getting older that was really the main point it was Hedo had Dwight Howard and before he did he wasnt really well known

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:49 PM
lawl@deflecting arguments because you don't like when people call out your team

lawl@you

i'm not interested in arguing with people who will continue to crap on us, regardless of any points i could raise... good day...

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:50 PM
this always happens, i'm talking to a girlfriend and her boyfriend comes in all upset to defend her... no luck, i tell ya

WTF lol that made no sense

himbo
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
Toronto is the home of quite possibly the worst NHL team, (3 good seasons out of 50) and the Jays are pathetic, (braindead GM with IQ of negative 180) so when BC makes some changes we hope for wins and playoffs. I bet every team in the league, including the Knicks, has fans who believe they will make the playoffs and entertain them. The Oneal deal did not work, Marion left so make changes and hope for the best. With Bosh, Hedo, Calderone, etc the Raps have a solid team and IF things go good, they could finish as high as 4th but also could do much worse. Yeah there are a lot of ifs but every team has a lot of ifs to deal with.

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:51 PM
I'm not instigating anything. But the thread asks "Why are people so high on the Raptors" when in reality, no one is really high on the Raptors except Raptor fans. The Kings suck, the Kings are soft. But this thread isn't asking about the Kings.

what the hell is up with all this clarification??? i totally understand what the thread is about... i don't care about the thread... i care about your initial post.... and why bring up the kings? because how can a lowly kings fan know anything about a good basketball team? can't be done...

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
WTF lol that made no sense

it made perfect sense... that first comment wasn't addressed to you... and you felt the urge to come charging in on your high horse... to defend the honour of that other guy...

nstojic
08-17-2009, 12:53 PM
i'd love to keep this crap up but i gotta go

*close pointless thread*

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:54 PM
what the hell is up with all this clarification??? i totally understand what the thread is about... i don't care about the thread... i care about your initial post.... and why bring up the kings? because how can a lowly kings fan know anything about a good basketball team? can't be done...

Stop changing the subject and instead of posting useless crap tell my why the raptors are so good

Catfish1314
08-17-2009, 12:55 PM
what the hell is up with all this clarification??? i totally understand what the thread is about... i don't care about the thread... i care about your initial post.... and why bring up the kings?

The clarification is warranted because apparently you couldn't read the title that had nothing to do with the Kings. You brought them up in a thread that has nothing to do with them. The only thing the Kings and Raptors have in common is they're basketball teams and they're soft as hell.

because how can a lowly kings fan know anything about a good basketball team? can't be done...

:laugh:

I guess that means you don't know anything about a good basketball team either if you're a Raptors fan.

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 12:57 PM
Well so far no raptors fans have convinced my that the raptors are good

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-17-2009, 01:01 PM
Dinosaurs aint that good!

Maybe 6th seed!

Eagles4Lyfe
08-17-2009, 01:02 PM
its good how these heat fans get so jealous everyone come in and feel free to argue..But if it bothers you so much on why this thread was made why dont we make a thread asking why the heat cant get any depth or stop being a team that relies heavily on one guy to carry them..Remember theres no I in team i rather have a efficient team then a one man team that goes nowhere.....What happened 2 seasons ago when wade had an injury filled season you won how many games...Look at us last year we had 2 of our top players hurt and still won 33 games...But its all good continue hating we love it because once we actaully do finish high up in the standings i hope to see you in the forum that says where are the raptor haters now...

Eagles4Lyfe
08-17-2009, 01:03 PM
and laker fans i aint gonna hate on you because i love kobe and respect him and that team so you can say all you want, but these guys from no name teams continue to bring it because ill fight back

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Well so far no raptors fans have convinced my that the raptors are good

Well I'm no Raps fan but you seem beyond convincing, so why should they try? Plus, i don't believe they honestly care what you think, any more than you care what they think about the Heat.

If you went through the trouble to create this thread about why they are so over-hyped, then why would anyone put effort into coming in here to hype them up? Is anything anyone says in here really going to change your mind about them?

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 01:05 PM
Once again this thread isnt about the heat its about the raptors and what am i jealous of and whats wrong with arguing isnt that the point of the website

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 01:06 PM
Well I'm no Raps fan but you seem beyond convincing, so why should they try? Plus, i don't believe they honetly care what think, any more than you care what they think about the Heat.

If you went through the trouble to create this thread about why they are so over-hyped, then why would anyone put effort into coming in here to hype them up? Is anything anyone says in here really going to change your mind about them?

Actually yes one raptors fan changed my opinion on the Jason Kapono trade

ragee
08-17-2009, 01:07 PM
why not? Bosh, Bargnani and Calderon are all young players who you would expect to get better every year... Hedo may not be your franchise player but him being 6'10 who can do a little bit of everything can provide some serious match-up problems... Lastly, don't forget about their promising rookie, DeMar DeRozan... I am not a Raptors fan by the way...

theuuord
08-17-2009, 01:08 PM
in short: we're not. Raptors fans are.

RaptorsFanatic
08-17-2009, 01:09 PM
Fellow Raptor Fans: No need to argue with brick walls. Its better to stay quiet and let the dogs bark at eachother.

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 01:09 PM

Was it me? :)

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 01:10 PM

so what, you're just in here to play devil's advocate?

kswissdaf
08-17-2009, 01:11 PM
Fellow Raptor Fans: No need to argue with brick walls. Its better to stay quiet and let the dogs bark at eachother.

wow its like we are in the peace core. THE POINT OF THIS WEBSITE IS TO AGRUE AND TO DISAGREE THATS WHY THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT

clutchski
Well I'm no Raps fan but you seem beyond convincing, so why should they try? Plus, i don't believe they honestly care what you think, any more than you care what they think about the Heat.

Well said.

kswissdaf
Was it me? :)

ya

blah-blah
just look at this starting 5 and depth

PG: Calderon/Jack/Ukic/Banks
SG: Wright/Belinelli/Douby
SF: Turkoglu/Derozan
PF: Bosh/Evans
C: Bargnani/Nesterovic/O'Bryant

Eagles4Lyfe
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
you want proof...When we had a PG duo of ford and calderon look where we went, now we have a wayy better PG tandem then before in calderon and jack..Second we got a closer who can help us down the stretch when games are close, third all our starters are amazing shooters plus have great free throw percentage...Our bench alone is better then a lot of starting units in the league..Need i say more???

Chaudhry
08-17-2009, 01:12 PM
well i think people are high on the raps because they've improved where they needed to...

first off they were supposed to be much better last year but Jermaine Oneal was a
disappointment and Calderon missed a few games and they fired their coach during the season...

Their biggest problems last year were rebounding and a good shooting guard... they
had anthony parker but he's not a legit starter

now they have reggie evans... whose consistently on the top of the league for rebounds per 48 mins.. and hedo who can play that shooting guard role...

add to that bargnani for the first 32 games of the season was averaging around 10ppg and the last 46 games he was averaging almost 19...

so raptor fans are high on bargnani having a big year...

then if you add the rest of the new signings, Belinelli (Potential), Jarret Jack, Derouzan and rasho... they've got some depth now too...

and I haven't even mentioned Chris Bosh...

RaptorsFanatic
08-17-2009, 01:14 PM
wow its like we are in the peace core. THE POINT OF THIS WEBSITE IS TO AGRUE AND TO DISAGREE THATS WHY THIS WEBSITE IS GREAT

Im not saying not to argue about other things, I just think these threads about my team are being overused around here and the only thing its doing is bringing doubt into my fellow fans and bringing their hopes down.

Every fan has the right to be high on their team....When the **** will these threads end, when the Raptors fans finally say "Yeah, my team ****ing sucks and we will never do anything positive?"

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 01:15 PM
The reason why many people over hype the Raptors is because of the depth they now have. The Raptors got some key role players in which will help the team. Jarrett Jack, Antoine Wright, Rasho Nesterovic, Marco Belinelli and Reggie Evans will all be very important to the success of the Toronto Raptors. The only useless Raptor is Marcus Banks.

blah-blah
08-17-2009, 01:15 PM

its so nice i posted it twice

Sly Guy
08-17-2009, 01:17 PM
I've seen a lot of these threads. And I refuse to rise to any bait. The raptors will surprise a lot of you. I just hope, even as a raptors fan, that when they do, the PSD raps fans are bigger than posting as many 'I told you so' threads about our team's success.

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 01:19 PM
This thread has turned into a "Raptors fans vs. Rest of PSD" thread.

blah-blah
08-17-2009, 01:19 PM
oh and by the way there close to trading ukic and delfino to the bucks for amir and possibly joe alexander

PG: Calderon/Jack/Banks
SG: Wright/Johnson/Belinelli/Douby
SF: Turkoglu/Derozan/Alexander

dhalvarez
08-17-2009, 01:20 PM

Not to sure what to say.

I feel a very bitter and disgruntled Heat fan.

Miami was the worst team 2 years ago, weren't they. And yes they got to the playoffs out in the first, but this year, Teams are better, but Miami seems to be the same team that lost to atlanta.

Didn't the resigning of Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magloire and the BIG addition of Q. Richardson???

...big Miami offseason I think the Heat are taking it all.

...I'm sure that the only reason Hedo was given the ball in crunch time, hit the big shots in the playoffs and was the MVP for Orlando during the playoffs, was because of D12's playmaking abilities....or was it Hedo that was the playmaker??

Marion, and he did help with the change of style the raps were playing, but he wasn't the best raptor...and Hedo is an upgrade, especially on offense. Although we did lose some rebounds.

...an old Hedo?? they're the same age! but Hedo is peeking right now and Marion is on the decline.

Yeah I wish we still had Kapono (and is cement feet) over Evans. Kapono makes his living off the three, and he didn't shoot much or hit much either. He was exposed everynight on defense, and it was NASTY!! Evans is gritty, tough and energitic....

...so you have no clue....I figured as much!!

blah-blah
08-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Not to sure what to say.

I feel a very bitter and disgruntled Heat fan.

Miami was the worst team 2 years ago, weren't they. And yes they got to the playoffs out in the first, but this year, Teams are better, but Miami seems to be the same team that lost to atlanta.

Didn't the resigning of Joel Anthony and Jamaal Magloire and the BIG addition of Q. Richardson???

...big Miami offseason I think the Heat are taking it all.

...I'm sure that the only reason Hedo was given the ball in crunch time, hit the big shots in the playoffs and was the MVP on Orlando during the playoffs, only because of D12's playmaking abilities....or was it Hedo that was the playmaker??

Marion, and he did help with the change of style the raps were playing, but he wasn't the best raptor...and Hedo is an upgrade, especially on offense. Although we did lose some rebounds.

...an old Hedo?? they're the same age! but Hedo is peeking right now and Marion is on the decline.

Yeah I wish we still had Kapono (and is cement feet) over Evans. Kapono makes his living off the three, and he didn't shoot much or hit much either. He was exposed everynight on defense, and it was NASTY!! Evans is gritty, tough and energitic....

...so you have no clue....I figured that much with what you wrote!!

hahahahhaha your 100% rite

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 01:23 PM

Well Turkoglu is a better fit than Marion.

We already have guys like Calderon, Bargnani, Bosh and a couple more that shoot so we traded Kapono for something we really needed. Evans fits more than Kapono.

We also got arguably one of the better PG rotation in the league with Calderon and Jack who are both pretty good enough to start.

It's all about fitting in with the team. I can have guys like Duncan, Shaq, Billups and a bunch of role players but they would pretty much be useless if I use the run and gun system instead of a system they would excel in.

And we changed Parker, Marion, Kapono, and Humpries for Turkoglu, Derozan, Wright, Belinelli, and Rasho.

I'm not saying we are 4th but considering the East, we can go from 4-8 in the playoffs.

And Blame it on the Raptors fans.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
oh and by the way there close to trading ukic and delfino to the bucks for amir and possibly joe alexander

Really?

Where in the hell did you here that?

That would be so sick.

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 01:24 PM
The problem with this thread is that it is just circuitous. Let me demonstrate:

Q: Why are the Raptors so hyped/overhyped?
A: Because they have made these signings/trades/draft picks, etc.

Q: Convince me, why are they really THAT good?
A: Because they have made these signings/trades/draft picks, etc...

understand?

theuuord
08-17-2009, 01:26 PM
Really?

That would be so sick.

the talk i've heard of so far is just delfino for johnson. Alexander is not in the discussion.

Radio Rakeem
08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
For all the Raptor Haters out there this ones for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLhtiWerJ8I

Shout out to my boys YBF.

AntwanN21
08-17-2009, 01:27 PM
Really?

That would be so sick.

raps forum it says we are on the verge of trading delfino( S&T) and Ukic for Amir Johnson and a player to be known later. We are speculating Joe Alexander because it seems to make the most sense finacially.

Tdots-Guido
08-17-2009, 01:28 PM
How about people stop hating on us and wait for the season. We are obviously going to be way better then last year. Its not hard to Improve on a season filled with injuries and the firing of a coach. We have a very deep team(one of the deeper teams in the East) and our starting line up has been upgraded as well.

2_Trill
08-17-2009, 01:31 PM
The Raps suck'd last season.. dey can only improve this season but.. i dont expect dem 2 do 2 much damage in the east.. i got the pistons.. heat.. hawks.. at the 4.. 5.. 6.. spot in the east

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-17-2009, 01:31 PM
just look at this starting 5 and depth

Wheres the defense???

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 01:32 PM
^ You have the Pistons taking the #4 seed? :sigh:

RaptorsFanatic
08-17-2009, 01:32 PM
The Raps suck'd last season.. dey can only improve this season but.. i dont expect dem 2 do 2 much damage in the east.. i got the pistons.. heat.. hawks.. at the 4.. 5.. 6.. spot in the east

LOL PISTONS AND HEAT....
Why do people think the HEAT will do that good? LOL

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 01:33 PM
^ They have a guy named Dwayne Wade.

TO Rapz
08-17-2009, 01:33 PM
here we go again

Eagles4Lyfe
08-17-2009, 01:34 PM
what have the heat dont thats so significant to put them in that place..Can you not understand they were only 5th last year because after that the rest of the teams had nothing going.. The pistons dropped of big time after chauncey left the bulls are the bulls and the sixers werent anything without brand...The heat are the team this year that will be 7th or 8th better belive that..The raptors improved much more than them and same with pistons..But you cant forget the wizards and there amazing depth, the heat bulls and pistons will be lucky if they make playoffs..

AntwanN21
Pistons at 4..................... ok there

TO Rapz
calling all raptors fans lets start a thread talking about how "well" teh miami heat did when they dint have d wade due to injury for a year...ahh the glory days when we cherished all 16 of their wins.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
^ You have the Pistons taking the #4 seed? :sigh:

Pistons will not even make to the playoffs!

koreancabbage
08-17-2009, 01:35 PM
Wheres the defense???

well, we have a team full of young players. We have a new defensive guru in Lavorani (or whatever his name is). Defense is a learned talent.

whatever the case may be, this year's Toronto Raptors, on paper, definitely is heads and feet talented and deeper than the rest of the Eastern Conference teams not named Orlando, Boston or even Cleveland (no offense but Shaq's not going to help them)

RaptorsFanatic
08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
Can D Wade honestly carry his team past the 1st round by himself? .....

Tdots-Guido
08-17-2009, 01:37 PM
LOL they all hate because no one watches the Raptors except the Canadians. Who cares I use to get mad reading what everyone posts but theres no point because we will all just argue but it wont solve anything. Let them play before we judge. The raptors are a complete new team! We had 7 new people and now 2 more if the trade goes through. We are a Complete different team! And people don't worry about defence because Marc Iavaroni will be teaching it.

blah-blah
08-17-2009, 01:38 PM
Really?

That would be so sick.

http://network.nationalpost.com/np/blogs/postedsports/archive/2009/08/17/raptors-poised-to-acquired-amir-johnson.aspx

and on espn and toronto life i think

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 01:39 PM
Pistons will not even make it to the playoffs!

I guess we will have to wait until the season starts for us to claim if they will or will not.

miller74
08-17-2009, 01:42 PM
I dont think people are that high on them, no one is willing to put them ahead of BOS CLE ORL even ATL but they have completely re shaped their team and adding pieces they were lacking they will be better but nothing serious

koreancabbage
08-17-2009, 01:44 PM
I dont think people are that high on them, no one is willing to put them ahead of BOS CLE ORL even ATL but they have completely re shaped their team and adding pieces they were lacking they will be better but nothing serious

it'll be serious enough that they get into the playoffs after being the lottery. i think that's a pretty serious movement in the standings.

playoff time, they're untested so i wouldn't stand that much of a chance for playoff success.

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 01:45 PM
I think we can all agree the raptors will be much better. As far as preseason/offseason projections go, they will be all over the place because the eastern conference is very suspect once you get passed the top 3 (BOS, CLE, ORL). Besides, moves are still being made at this point so anyone who is even trying to seed NBA teams is just doing so for the hell of it. But i'd venture to say most people believe the raptors will at least be in the playoff competition, if not in (probably at a lowish seed). But who knows, they could disappoint or surprise, only time will tell.
I've always been high on Hedo and i think even apart from Dwight and the rest of that talented crew he will be a very effective and dangerous player. He can do a lot of things, reminds me of the tracy mcgrady of the old days when he could shoot all over the place, drive to the basket, and get other guys involved at any given time, even down the stretch.

magichatnumber9
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
heat fan alert, expect nonsense

I am laughing, I love it

TheHeat3
08-17-2009, 01:52 PM
I dunno about a top 4 team, but they are definitely a playoff team with all the moves they've been making. Could use help on the defensive end...maybe Bruce Bowen :rolleyes:

blastmasta26
08-17-2009, 01:56 PM
Raps have a lot of talent, they have definite playoff potential. The problem with them is a lack of defense. That's gonna hold them back from being a 4th or 5th seed since their offense is not stellar enough to completely compensate.

masalex1205
08-17-2009, 01:58 PM
Im tired of delusional Raptors fans, your team is probably the softest in the NBA and you traded away your best defender (by far)

AntwanN21
08-17-2009, 02:00 PM
seed since their offense is not stellar enough to completely compensate.

i dont think offense will be a problem

Eagles4Lyfe
08-17-2009, 02:03 PM
LMAO this is getting really hilarious LMAO now a bobcats fan is getting in on this lol how funny can it get whats next a clippers or bucks fan coming in ranting...Just get over yourselves when your team accomplishes something then come talk...But more importantly how bad can a team be on defence with a lot of tall guys on the team especailly our starting unit...This year will be different we will lose that soft tag and get more respect

Chronz
08-17-2009, 02:04 PM
I think we can all agree the raptors will be much better. As far as preseason/offseason projections go, they will be all over the place because the eastern conference is very suspect once you get passed the top 3 (BOS, CLE, ORL). Besides, moves are still being made at this point so anyone who is even trying to seed NBA teams is just doing so for the hell of it. But i'd venture to say most people believe the raptors will at least be in the playoff competition, if not in (probably at a lowish seed). But who knows, they could disappoint or surprise, only time will tell.
I've always been high on Hedo and i think even apart from Dwight and the rest of that talented crew he will be a very effective and dangerous player. He can do a lot of things, reminds me of the tracy mcgrady of the old days when he could shoot all over the place, drive to the basket, and get other guys involved at any given time, even down the stretch.

Hedo reminds me more of an old Tmac than he does Tmac of old.

Chronz
08-17-2009, 02:05 PM

Whys that?

blastmasta26
08-17-2009, 02:07 PM
Offense won't be a huge problem, but the soft defense will be. I'm saying that the Raps won't be able to win against some teams that also have good offense.

scully8743
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Well i don't see this as a big deal because they're clearly not good enough to contend with the Magic, Cavs or Celtics but they aren't a bad team. They should be in the top 6 in the East. They got 2 very good point guards in Calderon and Jarret Jack. Hedo is a huge upgrade over Shawn Marion.They got a solid bench and Starting 5.

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 02:14 PM
Hedo reminds me more of an old Tmac than he does Tmac of old.

haha nice.

i don't mean in terms of talent or ability i just mean in terms of the versatility of his game. He can usually find some way to get a clutch basket.

miller74
08-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Im tired of delusional Raptors fans, your team is probably the softest in the NBA and you traded away your best defender (by far)

No one is saying they r a contender or anything, and who is their best defender they traded away?
When they improved defense to PG Jarret Jack, SG/SF Wright, Derozan, PF Evans and Centre Nestrovich (improvement over Humphries)
So ur either talking about Joey Graham or Jamario Moon who r both trash, or a steadily declining Shawn Marion
They are cleary a better team

Chronz
08-17-2009, 02:20 PM
haha nice.

i don't mean in terms of talent or ability i just mean in terms of the versatility of his game. He can usually find some way to get a clutch basket.

Yea I know what you meant, thats why I said that. Old Tmac was very similar to Hedo now, only with better defense if you can believe that and shot making ability. Tmac of OLD was so much more that it makes my comparison more accurate. After all we're talking about the same base for comparison, the only external factor is his age.

b_rad23
08-17-2009, 02:21 PM
Marion defensively>all of those guys you listed combined even as a declining old guy.

Chronz
08-17-2009, 02:24 PM
Well i don't see this as a big deal because they're clearly not good enough to contend with the Magic, Cavs or Celtics but they aren't a bad team. They should be in the top 6 in the East. They got 2 very good point guards in Calderon and Jarret Jack. Hedo is a huge upgrade over Shawn Marion.They got a solid bench and Starting 5.

How is Hedo a huge upgrade? Huge upgrade would be if you had noone at that position and added Hedo, but Marion was not a bum.

TheHeat3
08-17-2009, 02:27 PM
No one is saying they r a contender or anything, and who is their best defender they traded away?
When they improved defense to PG Jarret Jack, SG/SF Wright, Derozan, PF Evans and Centre Nestrovich (improvement over Humphries)
So ur either talking about Joey Graham or Jamario Moon who r both trash, or a steadily declining Shawn Marion
They are cleary a better team

Derozan is yet to play in an NBA game yet so lets not get so high on his defense yet. And the rest of the guys you listed aren't even starting, how do you have a team where all your best defensive players are on the bench? :confused:

They are for sure a playoff team but to see them as contenders now reminds me of when people all saw them as contenders when they got J.O. Let's not get ahead of ourselves until prove themselves on the court.

Tdots-Guido
08-17-2009, 02:29 PM
Marion defensively>all of those guys you listed combined even as a declining old guy.

LMFAO are you seriously saying marion's number would be better then all them combined! You are nutz. You make it sound like marion is GOD:facepalm:

prash
08-17-2009, 02:35 PM
The only thing I'm not happy about is how much we're payin Turkoglu and how long his contract is.

I'm not a fan of Turkoglu.. he isn't a high percentage shooter.. he doesn't defend well and he's already 30 years old so he's not going to be getting any better.

Other than that I think our team is pretty damn good. Evans is solid off the bench, so are Jack and Rasho. Derosan has potential, Bargnani is developing well, and Bosh is Bosh.

I'm thinking this team can win 44+ games and make playoffs. Whether we do well in playoffs or during the regular season is too speculative. esp after how this last played out.

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 02:36 PM
Yea I know what you meant, thats why I said that. Old Tmac was very similar to Hedo now, only with better defense if you can believe that and shot making ability. Tmac of OLD was so much more that it makes my comparison more accurate. After all we're talking about the same base for comparison, the only external factor is his age.

Only problem with old tmac (these days) is that he can't hardly stay healthy and on the court. At least hedo doesn't have THAT problem lol

THiiRTYONE
08-17-2009, 02:38 PM
WOORD this is just a hater thread. I know raptors did alot of offseason moves, just you wait when raptors prove all yah wrong. This is a promise!

dre1990
08-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Because he amount of Raptor fans on this site

Halladay
08-17-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't understand why the Raptors don't get any love from outsiders. They've probably improved more then just about any team given the horrible record from last season. Picking up Jack was a great move, a slight overpayment but he's the real deal, a legit backup PG who could probably start on some teams in this league(and has). Wright was a nice pickup considering we paid almost nothing to get him, Reggie Evans was a great pickup, the team lacked toughness and some rebounding and got it. Hedo was a bit of an overpayment financially but not by a whole lot, Bargnani re-signed and has been improving, we picked up a gifted athlete in the draft in Derozan...I could go on. This team will likely come close to 50 wins this year in a conference that's extremely weak. Outside of Boston and Cleveland the East is wide open that in itself is enough of an argument to explain why the Raps could be a 4'th place team. Bryan Colangelo has done a great job this off-season, it's hard to argue against that. Our frontcourt will be tough to matchup against, Hedo at 6'10, Bosh at 6'10 and Bargnani at 7' is going to be very tough.

Nadhi1
08-17-2009, 02:50 PM
were better as a team from last year.

Nadhi1
08-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I don't understand why the Raptors don't get any love from outsiders. They've probably improved more then just about any team given the horrible record from last season. Picking up Jack was a great move, a slight overpayment but he's the real deal, a legit backup PG who could probably start on some teams in this league(and has). Wright was a nice pickup considering we paid almost nothing to get him, Reggie Evans was a great pickup, the team lacked toughness and some rebounding and got it. Hedo was a bit of an overpayment financially but not by a whole lot, Bargnani re-signed and has been improving, we picked up a gifted athlete in the draft in Derozan...I could go on. This team will likely come close to 50 wins this year in a conference that's extremely weak. Outside of Boston and Cleveland the East is wide open that in itself is enough of an argument to explain why the Raps could be a 4'th place team. Bryan Colangelo has done a great job this off-season, it's hard to argue against that. Our frontcourt will be tough to matchup against, Hedo at 6'10, Bosh at 6'10 and Bargnani at 7' is going to be very tough. :p americans dont have any canadian love

Tdots-Guido
08-17-2009, 02:51 PM
Because he amount of Raptor fans on this site

Okay so whats your point there are more bulls lakers and knick fans. Why must everyone talk smack about us you ask? There are numerous reasons but I'm sure everyone knows them.

Unruly Fan
08-17-2009, 02:52 PM
No overhype here just a ****load of Raptor fans (myself included). Because of this you might feel like the Raptors are getting more praise than they should. I'm guessing Raptor fans make up least 20% of PSD. Thats what happens when you have 1 NBA team representing an entire country. No overhype just a large amount of fans representing they're respective team as they should be.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-17-2009, 02:54 PM
just a bunch of americans who think there better then canada..They just never learn and you cant do anyhting about it

Halladay
08-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Derozan is yet to play in an NBA game yet so lets not get so high on his defense yet. And the rest of the guys you listed aren't even starting, how do you have a team where all your best defensive players are on the bench? :confused:

They are for sure a playoff team but to see them as contenders now reminds me of when people all saw them as contenders when they got J.O. Let's not get ahead of ourselves until prove themselves on the court.

Completely agree about Derozan. Raps fans are just happy to have a kid with so much potential but he is a boom or bust type of player IMO. At worst he's a defensive specialist. However, I don't agree about the whole J.O thing, O'neal was one player, we thought we were getting the O'neal of old but instead we got the O'neal of recent times. The defense is still their for him but his knees, injuries and age have clearly caught up to him. Him and Bosh up front seemed like a great idea but it just didn't work so he was dealt. Many people who weren't Raptor fans thought that was a great move it just wasn't us to be fair.

Unruly Fan
08-17-2009, 02:57 PM
calling all raptors fans lets start a thread talking about how "well" teh miami heat did when they dint have d wade due to injury for a year...ahh the glory days when we cherished all 16 of their wins.******* thats annoying.

miller74
08-17-2009, 03:02 PM

Team defense

Unruly Fan
08-17-2009, 03:10 PM
Marion defensively>all of those guys you listed combined even as a declining old guy.I like how Marion's value (to the Raptors) suddenly skyrockets as soon as they trade him away. Sad.

lorenz00
08-17-2009, 03:17 PM
tf these thread makes me crazy....

Tdots-Guido
08-17-2009, 03:19 PM
I like how Marion's value (to the Raptors) suddenly skyrockets as soon as they trade him away. Sad.

We all notice this. We get rid of him and now he's an all star.

unk88
08-17-2009, 03:42 PM
wow this thread exploded,lol , raptors should be talked about , we made alot of noise this off season, people jus hatin cause raps aint american, so the final result is being called soft cause our euro line up and comparisons of bosh lookin like our logo, no biggie a winning season will solve this problem.

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 04:17 PM

Compared to the Raps:

Chalmers<Calderon
Wade>>>> Derozan
Beasley< Hedo
Haslem<<<<<Bosh

agreed

jarret jack/roko ukic(maybe gone) douby > Chris Quinn/Luther Head/
Marco Bellalini=Daequan Cook
Antoine Wright< Qrich/Yakhouba Diawara
Evans/amir johnson(possible trade) >Dorell Wright
Rasho>magloire

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 04:23 PM

haha and u guys complain about homer raptors fans look at this miami homer lol the only reason miami has a change to make the playoffs is because they have maybe the third best player in the league without him miami battles it out with knicks for last in the east

those comparisons are exactly right wade however makes up for alot of the slack in there starting lineup but the raptors bench would outpreform the heats bench any day anywhere... i am tempted to even make a thread showing how true that is so egos can be put to rest

but like i said miami does have dwade and as long as they do they will always be a team that can win on any given night.

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 04:34 PM
just a bunch of americans who think there better then canada..They just never learn and you cant do anyhting about it

yeah i'm pretty sure that has nothing to do with it. If this same raptor team was from some city somewhere is the States i doubt that would make a difference. The problem is, this team hasn't PROVEN anything yet, so until then, there will always be doubters.

Stop being a prejudiced bigot and let people debate over a team without bringing your racism in here.

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM

amir johnson is a power forward.

smith&wesson
08-17-2009, 04:39 PM

you want know why we think we have improved, i gotchu homie..

first of all you only mention 2 of the trades that went on this offseason.

I'll adress the first one you mentioned. Kapono for evans. Evans isnt expected to play a huge role, he was only brought in for tuffness. he'll get 10 maybe 15 mins playing behind bosh. kapono was soft, he didnt provide much at all for us and was more servicable to a team like 76ers, good luck to him.
amir johnson is in the works as well to provide more tuffness.

2ndly turk was aquired to suround more talent around bosh. and start at the 3
add him to the core group of bargs, calderon, and bosh.

3rd. last year we had no back up point gaurd. calderon went down and we were a write off from there with no point gaurd to lead the team. this year we atained a very good one in jack. jack can also a 6th man role as he was a starter in indiana and is proven to be pretty dam solid.

4. we upgraded our wings, we drafted an athletic kid in derozen and also aquired wright who was a starter in dallas and is a good perimiter defender.
alos bellinelli was aquired from gs to add more depth and fire power to our wings.

we've upgraded at ever position and BC deserves some respek for the way he turned this roster around from last year.

also to correct some of the other posters on here, turk is not our NEW leader. bosh has been the leader for the raps and he remains the leader,
dont get it twisted!! respek

e z breazy!! :cool:

FlakeyFool
08-17-2009, 04:41 PM
I hope wade gets hurt

then I will laugh

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 04:42 PM
I hope wade gets hurt

then I will laugh

wow...how childish

Mile High Champ
08-17-2009, 04:44 PM
The better question in my mind is why does everyone seem to hate the raptors?

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
man another one of these threads???? Marion didnt accept or offer so we traded him to get the best free agent available.

Kapono was terrible without his ability to drain three balls he would not be in the nba. As a raptor he sometimes had more turnovers in a game then three balls. We now repleaced him with Marco Belinelli and an all out hustle player for our bench in Reggie Evans

Wrong Ben Gordon and C-vill are better than Hedo

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 04:48 PM
The better question in my mind is why does everyone seem to hate the raptors?

So everyone hates the raptors, now?
Having the opinion that a team is overrated, and hating them, are two completely different things, my friend.

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 04:54 PM

haha well what a coincidence that the pistons signed both of them, and not hedo. and you are a pistons fan. hmm...
homer much?

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 05:00 PM

lol the only reason you said that is because the pistons signed him i believe that most ppl on psd would agree the hedo was the best unrestricted free agent available as would most experts

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 05:03 PM
lol the only reason you said that is because the pistons signed him i believe that most ppl on psd would agree the hedo was the best unrestricted free agent available as would most experts

Agreed

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Pistons will not even make to the playoffs!

here let me teach you some logic

1.) Pistons were the 8th seed last year
2.) Pistons got better in the off season
3.) Pistons will get higher than the 8th seed

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 05:10 PM

You left out multiple variables (injuries, other teams' improvement, etc.)
However, i do agree with you that the Pistons should make the playoffs. BG and C Vill were nice additions and the young players are still around. Stuckey looks like a future all-star to me.
Very poor logic, nontheless.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 05:11 PM
haha well what a coincidence that the pistons signed both of them, and not hedo. and you are a pistons fan. hmm...
homer much?

Agreed

ok so tell me who the hell Hedo was before last season? Hes a 30 year old Over-Hyped SF who has only had one good year. Ben Gordon and C-Vill have been known their whole short careers and are just now starting to peak. Good luck with your over-hyped SF Toronto 8th seed at best

GSPftw
08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
ok so tell me who the hell Hedo was before last season?

clearly you dont watch much basketball

LanceUpperCut
08-17-2009, 05:19 PM
The stinch of jealousy reaks through out this thread.

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 05:20 PM

just because the pistons were the 8th seed doesnt mean anything:S i dont understand how your showing any logic at all :S and i dont understand how u assume they got better the last time they added a shooting gaurd to play with rip they dropped four spots to 8th .... please just keep your homer comments off threads thank you:) :facepalm:

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 05:21 PM

:clap:

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 05:22 PM
Ok so tell me who the hell Hedo was before last season? Hes a 30 year old Over-Hyped SF who has only had one good year. Ben Gordon and C-Vill have been known their whole short careers and are just now starting to peak. Good luck with your over-hyped SF Toronto 8th seed at best.

Do you remember the 2008 free agency period when no one wanted Ben Gordon? Ben Gordon was even speculating going to Europe before signing a one year contract with the Chicago Bulls.

Who the hell was Ben Gordon before last season then?

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 05:26 PM

Here let me rephrase where they hell was Hedo w/o Dwight Howard

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 05:27 PM
I hope Wade gets hurt, then I will laugh.

:pity:

La11
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM
ok so tell me who the hell Hedo was before last season? Hes a 30 year old Over-Hyped SF who has only had one good year. Ben Gordon and C-Vill have been known their whole short careers and are just now starting to peak. Good luck with your over-hyped SF Toronto 8th seed at best

He has had two good year!!. It does not matter what everyone here are saying(like who are you? an expert) about the raptors and how they are being overrated and people hating on them for having a good offseason after a terrible year. They will surprise the league like they did 2 years ago when BC brought in 9 new players winning 47 games that year.

P.s one player that will surprise everyone is marco belilini...guarantee he will be in the three point contest(replacing Kapono)

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
just because the pistons were the 8th seed doesnt mean anything:S i dont understand how your showing any logic at all :S and i dont understand how u assume they got better the last time they added a shooting gaurd to play with rip they dropped four spots to 8th .... please just keep your homer comments off threads thank you:) :facepalm:

W/e im done with the ignorant canadian homers dont come crying to me when the Raps dont even smell the playoffs (now why dont you go to the US and eat in a restaurant and not tip Cheapskates)

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 05:30 PM
^ There is no solid guarantee Marco Belinelli will be in the three point contest in 2010.

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
He has had two good year!!. It does not matter what everyone here are saying(like who are you? an expert) about the raptors and how they are being overrated and people hating on them for having a good offseason after a terrible year. They will surprise the league like they did 2 years ago when BC brought in 9 new players winning 47 games that year.

P.s one player that will surprise everyone is marco belilini...guarantee he will be in the three point contest(replacing Kapono)

slow downn there buddy lets pace ourselves now

homestar
08-17-2009, 05:37 PM
everyone has a different a opinion. no need to argue with everything that someone has to say. lol

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Ok so tell me who the hell Hedo was before last season? Hes a 30 year old Over-Hyped SF who has only had one good year. Ben Gordon and C-Vill have been known their whole short careers and are just now starting to peak. Good luck with your over-hyped SF Toronto 8th seed at best

Do you remember the 2008 free agency period when no one wanted Ben Gordon? Ben Gordon was even speculating going to Europe before signing a one year contract with the Chicago Bulls.

Who the hell was Ben Gordon before last season then?

nstojic
08-17-2009, 05:42 PM
W/e im done with the ignorance of Canada dont come crying to me when the Raps dont even smell the playoffs (now why dont you go to the US and eat in a restaurant and not tip Cheapskates)

sounds good to me, which one do you serve at?

La11
08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
W/e im done with the ignorance of Canada dont come crying to me when the Raps dont even smell the playoffs (now why dont you go to the US and eat in a restaurant and not tip Cheapskates)

Yes in Detriot you guys dont play hockey.Is Detriot called Hockey town?

First I think detriot will be trading hamilton and taysuan prince to make room for Charlie V and Ben Gordon.( I dont know why they wouldnt)
They trade them on trade deadline for expiring contract and in next year free agency They could sign a big man in Amare or Bosh or other big freeagent. They already have 1,2,3 in tack and with joe dumars i see him doing that.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 05:43 PM
sounds good to me, which one do you serve at?

thats cute

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 05:44 PM
W/e im done with the ignorance of Canada don't come crying to me when the Raps don't even smell the playoffs (now why don't you go to the US and eat in a restaurant and not tip Cheapskates)

How are Canadians ignorant? :eyebrow:

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 05:45 PM
Yes in Detriot you guys dont play hockey.Is Detriot called Hockey town?

First I think detriot will be trading hamilton and taysuan prince to make room for Charlie V and Ben Gordon.( I dont know why they wouldnt)
They trade them on trade deadline for expiring contract and in next year free agency They could sign a big man in Amare or Bosh or other big freeagent. They already have 1,2,3 in tack and with joe dumars i see him doing that.

:facepalm:

tland22
08-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Nobody but Raptor fans are high on the Raptors.... so what the hell r u going on about?

SJSharks2010
08-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Because millions of people live in Toronto

La11
08-17-2009, 05:51 PM
slow downn there buddy lets pace ourselves now

You Heard it here first buddy!!!I wanted raptors to draft Rudy Fernandez and Marco Belilini so badly the couple of years. BC always makes it happen when he trade for Marco and wished he could of gotten a deal of the suns for Rudy instead of Portland. I just read and saw both of their stats when they play for their national team and thought both would be good players. Everyone knows Rudy is a good player but they havent found out about Marco because he hasn't been given any chance with Don Nelson(even tho it was a run and gun team). I think he will do great with the raptors especially him and andre back together. I hope my predictions are right...we will see

La11
08-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Ukic and delfino for Amir Johnson and Sonny weems...what happens to pops? unless we waived weems

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
^ I believe the waiving deadline has passed already.

Legitimate
08-17-2009, 05:58 PM
I'm gonna make this so the whole forum can realize from a legit standpoint on why the raps are lock for 5-6 seed in the east.

We still managed to win 33 games last year, that alone is an honor because it proves how much damage we would do with a few upgrades. We must have had the most worst back-up pg in the league last year with the roko/solomon combo, they were good potential but they had to log ton of minutes when Calderon went down with injury. 33 wins is like 5 wins out of a playoff spot keep in mind.

Our bench was non-existent last year, we had Moon as our starting SF for first half of the season and that alone screwed this team over, we also had Bargs playing out of position at the SF for parts of the season . Joey G was an all right back up SF. Kapono as our primary back up SG and it was just so horrible that I don't even want to talk about it, we didn't know how to utilize him properly, sure he is one of the best shooters in the nba, but he can't dribble for squat. We had Humpries, pops and Vakushal as our back up big men, which was not the best decision.

Ok now we upgraded our Bench by leaps and bounds. We upgraded from 33 wins keep in mind, just missing the playoffs. Our SG rotation will look something like DD, Jack, Belinelli, Wright. Thats a way more versatile SG combo that last year, sure we lost Parker, but keep in mind Parker is on the decline at the age of 33. Its a HUGE upgrade, we lost Kapono who can't dribble the ball at all. We upgraded Rasho over Jake, which is also a very solid upgrade, Rasho is more experienced and just way more better. Evans provids solid toughness and rebounding as our Primary back up PF, we also getting Amir from what it looks like. Evans is one of the most efficient rebounders in the nba. We upgraded our back up PG, with the addition of JJ, who in my mind is going to be one of the best back up pgs in the game. So we went from the worst back up pg to the best back up pg, that alone is going to be huge for raps. Hedo, is hedo, a solid go to guy when the clock winds down, he will mesh well with this roster, he has handles and can dish the ball and shoot.

We had a coaching change mid-season, which had also caused this team to lose more games from adjusting to the new coaching philosphies. We have a very solid rebounding/defensive bench so I think it will help counter the defensive deficiencies from the starting line up. Bargs is solid 1 on defender, Bosh is in a contract year, Bargs is improving, huge upgraded bench from a 33 win bench. Sure you can say that we lost Marion, but all throughout the roster we gained way more, in defence, rebounding, toughness. The raps will win no less than 45 wins this season, too much offense in this roster, its going to be crazy watchin' these dudes when the season starts! peace.

SmoothOperator
08-17-2009, 06:04 PM
Jason Kapono -> replaced by Marco Belinelli(much more versatile, younger, cheaper)
Kris Humphries -> replaced by Reggie Evans(similar player, better at his job)
Roko Ukic -> replaced by Jarrett Jack(HUGE upgrade)
Joey Graham = replaced by Antoine Wright(equally inconsistent, but Wright fits our needs better/defense)
Anthony Parker = Demar DeRozan(there production will likely be similar, derozan with the physical edge only thing truly missing being Parker's veteran leadership)
Pops Mensah-Bonsu -> Amir Johnson(much more potential, combined with better production TODAY)
Shawn Marion = Hedo Turkoglu(much better offensively/clutch but lacks rebounding/defensive presence)

+Rasho Nesterovic
+Sonny Weems

2009/2010 Roster

Andrea Bargnani / Rasho Nesterovic / Patrick O'Bryant
Chrish Bosh / Reggie Evans / Amir Johnson
Hedo Turkoglu / Antoine Wright / Sonny Weems
Demar DeRozan / Marco Belinelli / Quincy Douby
Jose Calderon / Jarrett Jack

Enough Said

tland22
08-17-2009, 06:07 PM
I'm gonna make this so the whole forum can realize from a legit standpoint on why the raps are lock for 5-6 seed in the east.

We still managed to win 33 games last year, that alone is an honor because it proves how much damage we would do with a few upgrades. We must have had the most worst back-up pg in the league last year with the roko/solomon combo, they were good potential but they had to log ton of minutes when Calderon went down with injury. 33 wins is like 5 wins out of a playoff spot keep in mind.

Our bench was non-existent last year, we had Moon as our starting SF for first half of the season and that alone screwed this team over, we also had Bargs playing out of position at the SF for parts of the season . Joey G was an all right back up SF. Kapono as our primary back up SG and it was just so horrible that I don't even want to talk about it, we didn't know how to utilize him properly, sure he is one of the best shooters in the nba, but he can't dribble for squat. We had Humpries, pops and Vakushal as our back up big men, which was not the best decision.

Ok now we upgraded our Bench by leaps and bounds. We upgraded from 33 wins keep in mind, just missing the playoffs. Our SG rotation will look something like DD, Jack, Belinelli, Wright. Thats a way more versatile SG combo that last year, sure we lost Parker, but keep in mind Parker is on the decline at the age of 33. Its a HUGE upgrade, we lost Kapono who can't dribble the ball at all. We upgraded Rasho over Jake, which is also a very solid upgrade, Rasho is more experienced and just way more better. Evans provids solid toughness and rebounding as our Primary back up PF, we also getting Amir from what it looks like. Evans is one of the most efficient rebounders in the nba. We upgraded our back up PG, with the addition of JJ, who in my mind is going to be one of the best back up pgs in the game. So we went from the worst back up pg to the best back up pg, that alone is going to be huge for raps. Hedo, is hedo, a solid go to guy when the clock winds down, he will mesh well with this roster, he has handles and can dish the ball and shoot.

We had a coaching change mid-season, which had also caused this team to lose more games from adjusting to the new coaching philosphies. We have a very solid rebounding/defensive bench so I think it will help counter the defensive deficiencies from the starting line up. Bargs is solid 1 on defender, Bosh is in a contract year, Bargs is improving, huge upgraded bench from a 33 win bench. Sure you can say that we lost Marion, but all throughout the roster we gained way more, in defence, rebounding, toughness. The raps will win no less than 45 wins this season, too much offense in this roster, its going to be crazy watchin' these dudes when the season starts! peace.

:speechless:

Im still not convinced. You ghuys will miss the playoffs. MARK MY WORDS! Please, mark them down.

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 06:08 PM
^ Care to explain?

nstojic
08-17-2009, 06:16 PM
^^ yeah.. i know.. these guys just pop in, say 'you'll miss the playoffs' and then *poof* gone.. much like gas...

nbaguy123
08-17-2009, 06:18 PM

please dont call canadians igorant, not all of us are like that. im am not high on the raptors at all. the hype isnt good becuase if we do terrible than the raptor homer are gonna get burned.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 06:24 PM
please dont call canadians igorant, not all of us are like that. im am not high on the raptors at all. the hype isnt good becuase if we do terrible than the raptor homer are gonna get burned.

alright im done with the ignorant canadian homers

nstojic
08-17-2009, 06:25 PM
alright im done with the ignorant canadian homers

gotta run, 'eh'?... go get those tips! all you! all you, baby! all day!

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 06:26 PM
We have done more in the offseason than half the teams in the East.'

Tell me that we do't improve.

Last year

C-O'Neal, Bargnani Voshkul
PF-Bosh, Humpries, Jawai
SF-Moon, Graham
SG-Parker, Kapono
PG-Calderon,Ukic, Solomon

This year

C-Andrea Bargnani / Rasho Nesterovic / Patrick O'Bryant
PF-Chrish Bosh / Reggie Evans / Amir Johnson
SF-Hedo Turkoglu / Antoine Wright / Sonny Weems
SG-Demar DeRozan / Marco Belinelli / Quincy Douby
PG-Jose Calderon / Jarrett Jack/ Marcus Banks

And does this team and coaches situation remind you of the Raptors?

In 2002, he made his return to the NBA as a Phoenix Suns assistant. In 2003, D'Antoni was hired with 61 games left in the season as the head coach of the Phoenix Suns[2] and, despite leading the team to a poor record in the second half of the year, he received a vote of confidence for producing inspired play from an injury riddled team. The next season, D'Antoni helped the team to acquire Steve Nash, which began an incredible turnaround for the franchise. After the addition of Nash, the D'Antoni-coached Suns won fifty or more games in four consecutive seasons. D'Antoni won the NBA Coach of the Year Award during his first full season with the Suns. His style, dubbed "Seven Seconds or Less", was described in a book of that name.

Sounds like Jay Triano and the Raps to me. Jay did horrible in the 2nd season because of the lack of time and injuries throughout the season and the Raptors did major things in the off season. Sounds just like when D'Antoni did crap and when the Suns got good players, they won games.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 06:27 PM
W/e im done with the ignorant canadian homers dont come crying to me when the Raps dont even smell the playoffs (now why dont you go to the US and eat in a restaurant and not tip Cheapskates)

How's those car factories going there?

jaysfan4ever
08-17-2009, 06:31 PM

Yes, the Raps are soft. But I think that we are one of the most gifted offensive teams in the NBA. Don't count out our soft players ("Euros if you wanna call them that"), they can score. Bargnani stepped his game up last year, scoring 19.4 PPG after the break. And our PG (who's above average as a starter, and very efficient) wasn't healthy for most of the season. With JJ as our backup, PG should be a STRENGTH this season not a PROBLEM like it was last season. Turk will give this team even more offence, BUT the thing that he brings most is 4th quarter offence. The problem with the Raps last year is that nobody was able to score in the 4th quarter (that's the one knock on Bosh), which caused us to piss away a LOT of games last year. I'm not sure if the Raps a 4th place team, because the Hawks and Heat are some pretty good teams, but I don't see us finishing below 6th. So realistically, the Raptors will challenge for the 4th seed, but could wind up as low as 6th.

smith&wesson
08-17-2009, 06:32 PM
:speechless:

Im still not convinced. You ghuys will miss the playoffs. MARK MY WORDS! Please, mark them down.

that guy put in effort to respond to this thread fairly with out calling any one elses team out or anyting... and your punk *** replies your not convinced ?? who the **** are you ?? and why dont you give reasons as to why you dont agree or not convinced. this is for discussion... not for you too aprove no one gives a **** if you agree or not. if you dont have any input sign out and go back to your barbie web sight. pum pum.

Reddd
08-17-2009, 06:36 PM
OK, I heard a lot of people say that the Raps are overrated before the PSD eastern conference seed poll, but I guess the Raps getting the 4th(!) seed blew off the lid.
But what were you going to expect, that the Raps fans, after a huge improvement due to this offseason, aren't going to vote for their team, besides the Top 3 was clear before those polls even started, so 4-8th seed went open and that's where the Raps fans came in, can't blame them really.

Here's another thing: when kswissdaf made this thread, he wasn't representing Heat or The U.S or whatever, he just had a simple question as a PSD forum member, which touched the Raps and the Raps only so there's no need for this U.s-Canada thing.
Also everyone isn't hyped about the Raps, only Raps fans are and they should be, cause their this years team is looking a lot more promising than the last years team.
And one guy came and said that he'll laugh when D-Wade gets injured:confused::confused::confused:
PLUS, if you believe that the Raps team is overrated, which I believe most people do in this forum, there's little chance that the Raps fans will change your mind about being overrated

Yes' they've improved their team, but I don't know if it's good enough for the 4th seed, but one thing is for sure...

ONLY TIME WILL TELL
There's nothing more for you to do than just sit and wait and see if they are really overhyped or not.

Reddd
08-17-2009, 06:40 PM

Great post:clap:, aswell as your other posts

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 06:41 PM
OK, I heard a lot of people say that the Raps are overrated before the PSD eastern conference seed poll, but I guess the Raps getting the 4th(!) seed blew off the lid.
But what were you going to expect, that the Raps fans, after a huge improvement due to this offseason, aren't going to vote for their team, besides the Top 3 was clear before those polls even started, so 4-8th seed went open and that's where the Raps fans came in, can't blame them really.

Here's another thing: when kswissdaf made this thread, he wasn't representing Heat or The U.S or whatever, he just had a simple question as a PSD forum member, which touched the Raps and the Raps only so there's no need for this U.s-Canada thing.
Also everyone isn't hyped about the Raps, only Raps fans are and they should be, cause their this years team is looking a lot more promising than the last years team.
And one guy came and said that he'll laugh when D-Wade gets injured:confused::confused::confused:
PLUS, if you believe that the Raps team is overrated, which I believe most people do in this forum, that there's a little chance that the Raps fans will change your mind about being overrated

Yes' they've improved their team, but I don't know if it's good enough for the 4th seed, but one thing is for sure...

ONLY TIME WILL TELL
There's nothing more for you to do than just sit and wait and see if they are really overhyped or not.

:clap: well said

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Raptors suck.

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Raptors suck.

Shame on you! :facepalm:

jaysfan4ever
08-17-2009, 06:44 PM

Compared to the Raps:

Chalmers<Calderon
Wade>>>> Derozan
Beasley< Hedo
Haslem<<<<<Bosh

I wouldn't compare it that way, cuz there's a large difference in talent at some positions. Instead I'd compare each team, talentwise, from best to worst.

Bosh < Wade
Turkoglu > Beasley (maybe this evens out in Beasley's 2nd year)
Calderon > O'Neal
Bargnani = Haslem (I think Bargnani's defence improves next year to put him past Haslem, but right now I'd say they're about even)
Jack > Chalmers (maybe this evens out in Chalmers' 2nd year)
DeRozan = Q-Rich
Wright > J. Jones
Evans > D. Wright
Belinelli = Cook
Rasho > Magloire

It looks like the Raptors are better doesn't it?

If any team beats the Raps and takes 4th, it's the Hawks.

Bosh = Johnson
Turkoglu < Smith
Calderon > Horford
Bargnani = Bibby
Jack < Crawford
DeRozan < M. Williams
A. Wright = M. Evans
R. Evans > Pachulia
Belinelli > Teague
Rasho > Morris
A. Johnson > Gladyr

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 06:44 PM
Raptors suck.

:confused:
didn't see that one coming...

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
that guy put in effort to respond to this thread fairly with out calling any one elses team out or anyting... and your punk *** replies your not convinced ?? who the **** are you ?? and why dont you give reasons as to why you dont agree or not convinced. this is for discussion... not for you too aprove no one gives a **** if you agree or not. if you dont have any input sign out and go back to your barbie web sight. pum pum.

Expect nothing from Hedo he was great WITH Dwight Howard look at his numbers before he joined the magic...

Seeding will go like this

Boston
Rondo-Allen-Pierce-Garnett-Wallace

Orlando
Nelson-Carter-Pietrus-Lewis-Howard

Cleveland
Williams-West-James-Varajeo-O'Neal

Atlanta
Bibby-Johnson-Willams-Smith-Horford

Detroit
Stuckey-Hamilton-Prince-Villanueva-Wilcox

Philadelphia
Williams-Iguodala-Young-Brand-Dalembert

Miami
Chalmers-Wade-Richardson-Beasley-O'Neal

Washington
Arenas-Stevenson-Butler-Jamison-Haywood

nbaguy123
08-17-2009, 06:48 PM
Raptors suck.

aernt you a raptors fan?:confused:

Reddd
08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Raptors suck.

its such a bogus thread, even a diehard Raps fan was convinced to a hater:rolleyes:

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 06:51 PM
Expect nothing from Hedo he was great WITH Dwight Howard look at his numbers before he joined the Magic.

Hedo Turkoglu made Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic a better team.

clutchski
08-17-2009, 06:54 PM

PLUS, if you believe that the Raps team is overrated, which I believe most people do in this forum, that there's a little chance that the Raps fans will change your mind about being overrated

ONLY TIME WILL TELL

nice post

homestar
08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Heat fans shouldnt expect much out of O'Neal. Hes just to injury prone. We experienced it first hand in toronto. Which is too bad because he used to be a such a strong force.

raps>heat

IN MY OPINION. (if thats allowed)

Jays Claw
08-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Boston

Orlando

Cleveland

Atlanta

Detroit

Philadelphia

Miami

Washington

Why do you have the Detroit Pistons occupying the fifth seed? :confused:

Draco
08-17-2009, 06:58 PM
I guess people are high on the Raptors because they have a good chance to improve from 33 wins last season to possibly being a middle seed in the playoffs. Beyond that I don't know that everyone is high on the Raptors. I think they've positioned themselves as being a middle of the pack team for the foreseeable future. They'll probably continue to be an average at best defensive team with a defensive rating that was 22nd, 13th, and 13th the last three seasons. They've also invested a good chunk of money into long term contracts and have the intention of signing Bosh whose game doesn't complement Bargs. It's pretty easy to be skeptical here.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
If anything Hedo Turkoglu made Dwight Howard better not the other way around.

Right.....

W/O Howard- 21.2 MPG 7.8 PPG 1.5 APG 3.1 RPG in 75 games per year

W/ Howard- 32.8 MPG 18.6 PPG 3.6 APG 4.5 RPG in 75 games per year

BaustinSali08
08-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Because they added Turkey Leg to their roster, duh!

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Why do you have the Detroit Pistons occupying the fifth seed? :confused:

because they are better than the other 3 teams

b_rad23
08-17-2009, 07:02 PM
Improved offense + worse defense= same difference.

They added depth, and the additional firepower should get them a couple more wins, but they're still a 1st round team at best. IMO they're a playoff team, but are getting a ton of undeserved hype at the moment.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Raptors>Pistons

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:05 PM
Shame on you! :facepalm:

:confused:
didn't see that one coming...

aernt you a raptors fan?:confused:

its such a bogus thread, even a diehard Raps fan was convinced to a hater:rolleyes:

I was just joking around.

b_rad23
08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
I wouldn't compare it that way, cuz there's a large difference in talent at some positions. Instead I'd compare each team, talentwise, from best to worst.

Bosh < Wade
Turkoglu > Beasley (maybe this evens out in Beasley's 2nd year)no
Calderon > O'Neallol. that's a PG vs C comparison. O'Neal has defense and Calderon has offense. =
Bargnani = Haslem (I think Bargnani's defence improves next year to put him past Haslem, but right now I'd say they're about even)
Jack > Chalmers (maybe this evens out in Chalmers' 2nd year)yup, definitely not.
DeRozan = Q-Rich
Wright > J. Jonesnoooo way
Evans > D. Wright
Belinelli = Cooknot so at all. Maybe on offense (not really) but Cook owns Belinelli on defense
Rasho > MagloireDecent defense + decent offense vs. good defense and rebounding + mediocre offense, I take defense and rebounding every time

It looks like the Raptors are better doesn't it?no

Fixed...

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:06 PM
and just so you know my opinion isnt unchangeable but no one has given me anything to change it so keep trying

^ 100% agree with the revisions

TDOTRAPS
08-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Bosh < Wade
Turkoglu > Beasley (maybe this evens out in Beasley's 2nd year)
Calderon > O'Neal
Jack > Chalmers (maybe this evens out in Chalmers' 2nd year)
DeRozan = Q-Rich
Wright > J. Jones
Evans > D. Wright
Belinelli = Cook
Rasho > Magloire

theres no way haslem is as good as bargs NO WAY and calderon and turks are also much better than beasley and o'neil. when u look at each teams starting line-up raps win 4-5... all heat have over us is wade and we all know our bench is stronger than theirs by far

homestar
08-17-2009, 07:08 PM
Raptors>Pistons

yup:clap:

nbaguy123
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM
the raptors arent good(hope they will :pray:) they just had their best offseason to date, so there is nothing wrong with raptor fans hyping their own team.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Raptors>Pistons

Stuckey > Calderon
Rip > Derozen
Tayshaun > Hedo
C-Vill < Bosh
Wilcox > Bargnani

b_rad23
08-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Stuckey > Calderon
Rip > Derozen
Tayshaun > Hedo
C-Vill < Bosh
Wilcox > Bargnani

Come on man. Give them Bargs. You still win the comparison.

They're going to pick apart the Bargs part.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Come on man. Give them Bargs. You still win the comparison.

They're going to pick apart the Bargs part.

i would if bargs wasnt soft as charmine Wilcox is a banger and C's are supposed to bang down low

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:15 PM
Stuckey > Calderon
Rip > Derozen
Tayshaun > Hedo
C-Vill < Bosh
Wilcox > Bargnani

No chance Wilcox is better than Barg's.

Stuckey has more potential but as of right now, I'd take 13 and 9 with 2 turnovers over 13 and 5 with 2 turnovers.

We are also deeper.

Byronicle
08-17-2009, 07:15 PM

>< = frustrated face hehe

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:18 PM
i would if bargs wasnt soft as charmine Wilcox is a banger and C's are supposed to bang down low

Last time Wilcox had a good season, it was the season of 06-07 averaging 14 and 7 in 62 games. Bargnani, as the Full time C, got 18 and 7.

And so what if he isn't a traditional C.

Stuckey sucks playing PG but you still have him over 1 of the purest PG's in the league.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:28 PM
No chance Wilcox is better than Barg's.

Stuckey has more potential but as of right now, I'd take 13 and 9 with 2 turnovers over 13 and 5 with 2 turnovers.

We are also deeper.

Bynum < Jack (Bynum will surpass soon)
Gordon > Belineli
Maxiell > Wright
Wallace < Evans (Beats an old Wallace)
Brown < Nesterovic
Daye > O'Bryant (They dont really match-up but Daye will bring better #s)
Summers > Douby
Washington > Ukic
Jerebko > Banks (again they dont match-up but same story)

BkOriginalOne
08-17-2009, 07:28 PM
They have a bright future ahead of them. Conalengo is building and international team who will attempt to recreate the sucess that teams such as Spain and Argentina have had over American players. It's good marketing too because Toronto is not in the US, making it the only interational city who has a team in the NBA. In short, It's brilliant managing in terms of money and basketball.
Also consider that they can re-sign bosh or see what other kind of international talent can be had in a sign and trade.

Toronto could sneak into the ECF with a suprise season (barring injuries from either CLE,BOS,ORL of course.

dhalvarez
08-17-2009, 07:29 PM
Heat>>>Raptors
Team leaders: Wade>>>Hedo

Take out Wade and Bosh from the two teams and sorry to say, but heat don't match well against a better built raps teams.

ink
08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Is there any real reason for this thread, considering we've had lots of threads making basically the same point for the last two weeks ... or since the top 10 C's thread?

Any reservations about it being closed?

Does anyone have anything new to contribute or is it just a place to squabble over who's overrated and who's a homer?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:30 PM
Bynum < Jack (Bynum will surpass soon)
Gordon > Belineli
Maxiell > Wright
Wallace < Evans (Beats an old Wallace)
Brown < Nesterovic
Daye > O'Bryant (They dont really match-up but Daye will bring better #s)
Summers > Douby
Washington > Ukic
Jerebko > Banks (again they dont match-up but same story)

Other than Gordon and Maxiel, they all suck. We have a way better chance at reaching the playoffs. No expert from anywhere see you better than the Raptors.

Catfish1314
08-17-2009, 07:31 PM
I'm not a Raptors hater, I have absolutely nothing against the Raptors or Canada or Toronto or any of the Raptors players.

But reading through these pages of posts and all the Raptor fans who think other team's fans are jealous of them, why in the hell would anyone be jealous of the Toronto Raptors?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:32 PM
Is there any real reason for this thread, considering we've had lots of threads making basically the same point for the last two weeks ... or since the top 10 C's thread?

Does anyone have anything new to contribute or is it just a place to squabble over who's overrated and who's a homer?

Lol.

You might as well close it anyways. Just wait for people to watch the season.

dhalvarez
08-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Right.....

W/O Howard- 21.2 MPG 7.8 PPG 1.5 APG 3.1 RPG in 75 games per year

W/ Howard- 32.8 MPG 18.6 PPG 3.6 APG 4.5 RPG in 75 games per year

Howards not Jordan. He's a center and Hedo is a playmaker. Howard battles inside for position and waits for the ball and fights for rebounds.

Lebron makes players better, Wade makes players better, because they're playmakers.

And why is there a thread for everyone to hate on the raps??

LET'S PICK ON THE KNICKS!!!

Raps08-09 Champ
I'm not a Raptors hater, I have absolutely nothing against the Raptors or Canada or Toronto or any of the Raptors players.

But reading through these pages of posts and all the Raptor fans who think other team's fans are jealous of them, why in the hell would anyone be jealous of the Toronto Raptors?

I never saw the word jealous anywhere.

Sox Appeal
Stuckey > Calderon
Rip > Derozen
Tayshaun > Hedo
C-Vill < Bosh
Wilcox > Bargnani

:laugh2:

kingjames3403
08-17-2009, 07:34 PM
bottomline. pistons will be in the playoffs, miami will be in the playoffs. toronto won't bump either of those teams out, thats a fact. However they could bump out washington or maybe atlanta (prolly not). Thats the only way the raptors make the postseason is if washington isnt as good as expected

Durant is hype
08-17-2009, 07:34 PM

Cat,their just over excited about the moves we've made this off season. Don't mind them,although some of them are starting to give us loyal raptors fans, a bad rep.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:36 PM

I said the same thing.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:36 PM
Cat,their just over excited about the moves we've made this off season. Don't mind them,although some of them are starting to give us loyal raptors fans, a bad rep.

:clap::clap::clap:

b_rad23
08-17-2009, 07:37 PM

Tayshaun is better than Hedo, sorry to say.

Much better defensively.

Catfish1314
08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
I never saw the word jealous anywhere.

You missed a lot then. Go back and read.

I think the Raptors will make the playoffs. Brian Colangelo is one of the top executives in the business and they have a lot of talent. None of that is anything to be "jealous" of. If you're going to be jealous of a team, be jealous of a team like Boston or LA, the two winningest teams in NBA History who have also brought home the last two NBA championships.

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:38 PM
Tayshaun is better than Hedo, sorry to say.

Much better defensively.

and now that Tay has had a FULL summer to rest he will be better on offense too

Draco
08-17-2009, 07:39 PM
^^^ screw that noise.. if I'm going to be jealous of a team I'm thinking Portland. and FWIW, I'm not jealous of Portland.. especially since they missed out on Durant :D

dhalvarez
08-17-2009, 07:42 PM
Expect nothing from Hedo he was great WITH Dwight Howard look at his numbers before he joined the magic...

Seeding will go like this

Boston

Orlando

Cleveland

Atlanta

Detroit

Philadelphia

Miami

Washington

are you sure about Detriot??

with the great additions of the one dimensional Ben Gordon, and "I PLAY WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT" Charilie V, why not first in the East!!

...rebuilding...ha...no way Detroit is rebuilding...CHAMPIONSHIP ALL THE WAY!!

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:43 PM
are you sure about Detriot??

with the great additions of the one dimensional Ben Gordon, and "I PLAY WHEN I FEEL LIKE IT" Charilie V, why not first in the East!!

...rebuilding...ha...no way Detroit is rebuilding...CHAMPIONSHIP ALL THE WAY!!

can you show me where i said that?? i cant find it??

Mile High Champ
08-17-2009, 07:44 PM
Stuckey > Calderon
Rip > Derozen
Tayshaun > Hedo
C-Vill < Bosh
Wilcox > Bargnani

I was going to ignore this thread but come on, your talking about raptor fans being a homer? You have Chris Wilcox over Bargnani?? really this is the same Chris Wilcox that was a career back up untill he got to a bad seattle team. Last year he averaged 5.5 ppg and 3rpg with the knicks and all the sudden he is a starting center?? Wilcox is the worst starting center going into this season.

Calderon has certainly proved more in the league today then Stuckey has. I will take the best assist to turnover ratio in the league, a 50% FG, 98% free throw shooter, 40% from three and 9 assists per game. In comparisson Stuckey shot 43% from the floor, had a awful 4 assists per game, shot under 30% from 3. It hands down Calderon, everyone would any knowlegde of basketball would take him.

I think Hedo is better then Prince but but I agree it is somewhat close despite Prince's defense being a shadow of what it once was. Also in any match up, the difference between Bosh and CVIll is just gigantic, they can't even be compared.

You call raps fans homers, look in the mirror buddy!

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:46 PM
I was going to ignore this thread but come on, your talking about raptor fans being a homer? You have Chris Wilcox over Bargnani?? really this is the same Chris Wilcox that was a career back up untill he got to a bad seattle team. Last year he averaged 5.5 ppg and 3rpg with the knicks and all the sudden he is a starting center?? Wilcox is the worst starting center going into this season.

Calderon has certainly proved more in the league today then Stuckey has. I will take the best assist to turnover ratio in the league, a 50% FG, 98% free throw shooter, 40% from three and 9 assists per game. In comparisson Stuckey shot 43% from the floor, had a awful 4 assists per game, shot under 30% from 3. It hands down Calderon, everyone would any knowlegde of basketball would take him.

I think Hedo is better then Prince but but I agree it is somewhat close despite Prince's defense being a shadow of what it once was. Also in any match up, the difference between Bosh and CVIll is just gigantic, they can't even be compared.

You call raps fans homers, look in the mirror buddy!

You take that and ill take and explosive PG that can get the rim and the line at will in stuckey
and a Banger center that wont play like a ***** down low

and you find anyone that is not a Raptors fan that wont agree with those comparisons

dhalvarez
08-17-2009, 07:48 PM
The problem with this thread is that it is just circuitous. Let me demonstrate:

Q: Why are the Raptors so hyped/overhyped?
A: Because they have made these signings/trades/draft picks, etc.

Q: Convince me, why are they really THAT good?
A: Because they have made these signings/trades/draft picks, etc...

understand?

Q: How do you prove predictions based on signing/trades/draft picks,etc...
A:WAIT FOR THE DAMN SEASON TO START!! and stop asking the same questions!!!

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2009, 07:50 PM
You take that and ill take and explosive PG that can get the rim and the line at will in stuckey

and you find anyone that is not a Raptors fan that wont agree with those comparisons

I'll even sig bet you that the people would rather take Bargnani and Calderon right now over Stuckey and Wilcox.

Mile High Champ
08-17-2009, 07:52 PM

Its simple, look at the stats and efficency, Stuckey is nowhere near the PG Calderon is. All your argument is at this point is "explosive".. Come on, there is nothing there....

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:52 PM
I'll even sig bet you that the people would rather take Bargnani and Calderon right now over Stuckey and Wilcox.

ive already got a sig bet going and i would post a poll on it but no one would care about it and it would be only raps fans and pistons fans and you have us outnumbered on here so...

but if you can find an unbiased way of doing it so that no pistons or raptors fans could vote and your two players won i would be man enough to admit i lost i aint no *****

dhalvarez
08-17-2009, 07:53 PM

I agree this threads kind of boring.

When you have a thread that's basically built to attack one team because they won a vote for 4th seed, not much to contribute.

nstojic
08-17-2009, 07:54 PM

hey, you'll get a first hand look at what a ***** bargnani is, down low, Nov 4th, Dec 23 & 27th, and Apr 12th... make sure to call the restaurant and book off, in case you have shifts on those dates...

DetroitRipCity
Its simple, look at the stats and efficency, Stuckey is nowhere near the PG Calderon is. All your argument is at this point is "explosive".. Come on, there is nothing there....

like i said you take what you want and ill take what i want... Pistons will make the playoffs and if the Raptors do then the pistons will be a higher seed

Mile High Champ
ive already got a sig bet going and i would post a poll on it but no one would care about it and it would be only raps fans and pistons fans and you have us outnumbered on here so...

but if you can find an unbiased way of doing it so that no pistons or raptors fans could vote and your two players won i would be man enough to admit i lost i aint no *****

Its not even worth a vote, the comparisson alone with Bargnani to Wilcox makes it laughable and nonsense.. :facepalm:

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Its not even worth a vote, the comparisson alone with Bargnani to Wilcox makes it laughable and nonsense.. :facepalm:

unbiased

Legitimate
Improved offense + worse defense= same difference.

They added depth, and the additional firepower should get them a couple more wins, but they're still a 1st round team at best. IMO they're a playoff team, but are getting a ton of undeserved hype at the moment.

How can you say that? It should be Improved offense + improved defence = greater difference

LOOK:

First half of season raptors :

C-O'Neal, Bargnani Voshkul
PF-Bosh, Humpries, Jawai
SF-Moon, Graham
SG-Parker, Kapono
PG-Calderon,Ukic, Solomon

2nd half of season raptors:

C- Bargnani, POB, Jawai
PF-Bosh, Pops, Humpries
SF-Marion, Graham
SG-Parker, Kapono, Douby
PG-Calderon,Ukic, Banks

This year

C-Andrea Bargnani / Rasho Nesterovic / Patrick O'Bryant
PF-Chrish Bosh / Reggie Evans / Amir Johnson
SF-Hedo Turkoglu / Wright/ ?????
SG-Demar DeRozan / Marco Belinelli / Quincy Douby
PG-Jose Calderon / Jarrett Jack/ Marcus Banks

Slightly improved 09 Bargnani> 08 Bargnani/ Rasho Nesterovic > POB,Voshkul
Contract Year 09 Bosh> 08 Bosh / Reggie Evans > Humpries / Amir Johnson > ?
Hedo = Marion,Moon / Wright > Graham
Demar Derozan < Parker / Belinelli >> Kapono
healthy 09 Calderon > Calderon / Jarret Jack >> Solomon, Roko

Keep in mind that we got Dallas best wing defender and Belinelli was one of Goldenstates best defenders. Derozan was also known as a solid defender in college and has the athletic ability to do so in the NBA. If we throw Jack out there, he is also a good defender. So if we have to we can put out a defensive line up like this :
C. Rasho/Bargnani ( solid 1 on1 defender, but needs improvement on weakside help)
PF.Bosh/Evans
SF. Wright/ ??? who ever BC gets when he trades Delfino and Ukic
SG.Derozan/Wright/ Belinelli
PG.Jack

I am so confident that the raps will be solid this season. A top offensive team and an average defensive squad should be good to watch :).

Mile High Champ
like i said you take what you want and ill take what i want... Pistons will make the playoffs and if the Raptors do then the pistons will be a higher seed

You said he was better, I am asking how. You are simply now saying you would rather have stuckey over calderon instead of you originally saying Stuckey was better. At least defend an opinion if you make a statement. Your no better then some of the few hardcore raptor homers...

Raps08-09 Champ

I can probably make a thread without a poll and only include non raptor and non piston votes.

And screw the sig bet part. I'll do it just to prove you wrong

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:57 PM
hey, you'll get a first hand look at what a ***** bargnani is, down low, Nov 4th, Dec 23 & 27th, and Apr 12th... make sure to call the restaurant and book off, in case you have shifts on those dates...

ok and when we go 4-0 what happens then?

DetroitRipCity
08-17-2009, 07:57 PM
I can probably make a thread without a poll and only include non raptor and non piston votes.

And screw the sig bet part. I'll do it just to prove you wrong

alright thats fine with me and if your right then your right

Mile High Champ
08-17-2009, 07:58 PM
unbiased

I conducted the polls for the top 10 pg's and all the other threads. Stuckey was never ever in consideration at any point. While Calderon took home the 9the spot and he was getting support at that point from other fans. Just because you cant deal with a reality and have to keep arguing is getting anoying...

ink
08-17-2009, 07:59 PM

I'd be willing to bet that a lot of fans on here "find out" about other players from other posters' comments. Bargnani has been dragged through the mud pretty regularly for a couple of weeks so suddenly everyone is a Bargnani expert! LMAO. Now, since they have all this rock solid info on him, they can feel free to make comparisons.

Hence,

Wilcox > Bargnani

Hey, I heard it here so I know it's true.