PDA

View Full Version : Why is the NBA & their fans so offensive-oriented?

King P
08-16-2009, 11:14 PM
I swear as everyday goes by, i find more evidence as to why the NBA is the most offensive-oriented sport ever. I always hear things like "Kevin Durant will be a top 3 player in the NBA". Or "Steve Nash is a Top 5 all-time PG, and is waaay better than Jason Kidd". Even when people say "Larry Bird is better than Jordan", i am forced to cringe as Jordan has won the defensive player of the year and has made the All-Defensive First Team 9 times, while Bird probably couldnt guard my 86 year old grandfather.

And we have the nerve to shun people like Tim Duncan and the Spurs, who are very defensive oriented and criticized for being boring. I don't understand why people do not care about defense at all. People only cares about who scores the most. News flash, anybody who jacks up 40 points a night should score at least 40 points.

There is a reason why they say "Defense wins championships". If that wasnt the case, the Suns, Warriors, and Knicks would win all the time. But they never do, which should tell you something about high powered offense and how much it is really worth.

Storch
08-16-2009, 11:34 PM
Thats because a lot of kids are in PSD and all they think about is offense. Defense is only understood with maturity and knowledge in basketball.

Theres a reason why rookies like to score, and vets are better defenders. :nod:

ZebraCity916
08-16-2009, 11:46 PM
Thats because a lot of kids are in PSD and all they think about is offense. Defense is only understood with maturity and knowledge in basketball.

That was ridiculously well put.:clap:

AntwanN21
08-16-2009, 11:57 PM

Theres a reason why rookies like to score, and vets are better defenders.

good post

DLeeicious
08-17-2009, 12:11 AM
Who ever says Bird is better than Jordan out of curiosity?

Draco
08-17-2009, 12:16 AM
People also like Durant's potential because his size can be an advantage on defense...

King P
08-17-2009, 12:17 AM
Who ever says Bird is better than Jordan out of curiosity?
i've heard it many times
i'm all for opinion, but that opinions always makes my jaw drop :facepalm:

njnets
08-17-2009, 12:20 AM
i am a big believer in D. all teams that are O oriented dont win(example: suns)! spurs win, lakers win, celtics win, why? DEFENSE! all the teams have a defensive stopper on the wing and post and most importantly, play great team defense. offense will always come no matter how much of a slump you are in, if you play great defense, you will always stay in the game and have a chance at winning.

tsb77
08-17-2009, 12:26 AM
while Bird probably couldnt guard my 86 year old grandfather.

:facepalm:

Yeah, because Bird sucked at D. :rolleyes:

QuaLiThADoN
08-17-2009, 12:30 AM

defense is the most important thing in basketball i personally believe.... but then again defensive basketball is boring basketball and david stern won't stand for that shitttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt