PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: #8 seed (8 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
The poll for the 7th best record/7th seed is over in the East conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395762) - Atlantic Division

(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396028) - Southeast Division

(3) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396442) - Central Division

(4) Toronto (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396538) - Atlantic Division

(5) Atlanta (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397088) - Southeast Division

(6) Washington (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397452) - Southeast Division

(7) Miami (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397715) - Southeast Division

yanksknicksgmen
08-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Detroit

Devils05
08-16-2009, 02:51 PM
Gordon helps keep his former team out of the playoffs

Jays Claw
08-16-2009, 02:55 PM
The Chicago Bulls.

blazerman
08-16-2009, 03:03 PM
This is a tough one but I will take Detroit with Charlotte a game or two back. Bulls fans should get ready for the lottery a little early,

dsickich123
08-16-2009, 03:06 PM
Its about to be a race between Phili, Chicage, Detroit, and Charlette

Gnac76
08-16-2009, 03:06 PM
I feel like I would be shocked if the sixers didnt make the playoffs.. then again I would be shocked if any of those other teams listed didnt.... I guess something's gotta give... my guess is injuries will have a say in who makes the playoffs and who doesnt... but.. if u take a sixers team that was a 6/7 seed the last two years and was up 2-1 in playoff series only to lose 4-2... take away andre miller (pg distrubutor and scorer, horrible D) replace him with lou williams (combo guard who can score as easily (backed up w/ MPG stats) as miller tho not as good as a distributor, decent D) take WILLIE GREEN, the worst sixer ever, out of the lineup and replace him with ANDRE IGOUDALA, with thaddeus young and elton brand at the 3 and 4..... and the sixers... finish out of the playoffs? I dont get it but I guess thats why we watch the nba season.. and like I said.. I would be just as shocked to see teams like the bulls, heat, toronto, atlanta, detriot and even washington not make the playoffs... somethings got to give...

DetroitRipCity
08-16-2009, 03:13 PM
Detroit they should be higher they were the 8th seed last season and got better in the offseason

bahama0811
08-16-2009, 03:14 PM
Chicago

TO Rapz
08-16-2009, 03:15 PM
baby bulls

TO Rapz
08-16-2009, 03:16 PM
i think tht the piston s are gonna b bad this year

Wiz kids
08-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Came down to Philly Chicago and Detroit for me, but too many changes to Detroit and Philly in the off season so I voted for Chicago.

bigsams50
08-16-2009, 03:23 PM
i honestly think charlotte is gonna surprise alot of people this year and make the playoffs

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2009, 03:35 PM
She-Cog-O

boms-4
08-16-2009, 03:39 PM
Chicago Bulls or the Detriot Pistons

yanksknicksgmen
08-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Detroit they should be higher they were the 8th seed last season and got better in the offseason

Agreed theres no way pistons miss the playoffs

DetroitRipCity
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Agreed theres no way pistons miss the playoffs

well according to PSD it looks like they do Chicago fans are still so sore that they lost BG

Tdots-Guido
08-16-2009, 03:42 PM
Chi Town

dre1990
08-16-2009, 03:56 PM
Detroit will get higher then the 8th seed

MajorFloridaFan
08-16-2009, 04:07 PM
detroit

still1ballin
08-16-2009, 04:22 PM
windy city

IversonIsKrazy
08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
Bulls should've bin 7th and Miami should've bin 8th.

Mavrix
08-16-2009, 04:55 PM
Chicago Bulls or the Detriot Pistons

x2

Kidddd
08-16-2009, 04:58 PM
The Pistons

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-16-2009, 05:00 PM
Da Bulls

Legitimate
08-16-2009, 05:21 PM
The pistons have not missed the playoffs in ages. I take Pistons at this point, they clearly have more talent than the Bulls. Bulls over-rated IMO.

fairandbalanced
08-16-2009, 05:32 PM
why are people picking the bulls? They will be lucky to win 30 games........their best player/closer just left, you gotta be kidding me if you think either Rose or Salmons can fill that void. Iguodola is better than Rose plus he got brand, lois williams, Thaddeus Young and Willie Green. You guys are overrating the Bulls.

Blackification
08-16-2009, 05:43 PM
detroit

Durant is hype
08-16-2009, 06:04 PM
Chicago Bulls.

Legitimate
08-16-2009, 06:06 PM
why are people picking the bulls? They will be lucky to win 30 games........their best player/closer just left, you gotta be kidding me if you think either Rose or Salmons can fill that void. Iguodola is better than Rose plus he got brand, lois williams, Thaddeus Young and Willie Green. You guys are overrating the Bulls.

Yes^^ i'm with you dude on the bulls part..

BG was the highest scoring player on the team at 21 ppg. He brought a dynamic to this team, defenses needed to try contain him, which in return left other players open. John Salmons and Kirk are the only dudes on this team that can shoot the 3 ball effectively. This team was already in the bottom 6-7 in the league in 3 point percentage, now BG is gone, your best 3 point shooter. To fill that offensive void is going to be hard for the Bulls, I just wish Bulls fans realized this. Ok Rose avg 17 ppg, so what is he going to average 39ppg now? no..maybe 20ppg and salmons also average around 20ppg. Not enough scorers on this team, the most kirk can average is around 15 and same with Deng (who only plays half seasons). Ya'll don't have a solid offensive big man. Noah a solid role player, TT an average bench player on a playoff team. Brad Miller is just average. If Rose and Salmons get shut down this team would only score around 70 points. Also in defense to BG giving up points, " he gave up 25 points per game", no no. so your all saying 25 less points would be scored on ya'll, if BG wasn't there? no no, its a team game, BG bad defense could only count for so much points. Bulls have no solid back up SF a HUGE hole at PF and a average starting/back-up C. The team will also have to adjust to the offense, without BG, that alone willl cost them a few wins. Also to add to this all eastern conference playoff teams got way better, and ya'll just made 7th seed last year but got worst this year. Makes zero sense. I like Chicago to be honest I think that they will be a top 5 team, but not this year, next year. Wade will most likely sign with Chicago, then they'll be very dangerous.

This is defense for Detroit. I can't figure when the last time Detroit missed the playoffs. They had made the playoffs with Iverson last year. They added BG and Charlie, Chris Wilcox is also not bad and a rookie I believe. They are better than last year.

td0tsfinest
08-16-2009, 06:20 PM
wow, a year ago people thought the 76ers were as high as #2 now looks like they're not even in the playoff picture.

daleja424
08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
wow, a year ago people thought the 76ers were as high as #2 now looks like they're not even in the playoff picture.

ppl are too busy hyping Washington, Tor, and Chi-town... I would be shocked if Philly didn't make the playoffs...shocked

ee
08-16-2009, 06:22 PM
sixers

LayZbone
08-16-2009, 06:48 PM
Philly.

I think people are underrating Philly, and overrating Toronto. Washington is also getting A LOT of hype....and Atlanta deserves more credit. Just my 2 cents.

DetroitRipCity
08-16-2009, 06:53 PM
Chris Wilcox is also not bad and a rookie I believe. They are better than last year.

Wilcox is entering his 8th year but he is very athletic and has been on some horrible teams.

DetroitRipCity
08-16-2009, 06:56 PM
ppl are too busy hyping Washington, Tor, and Chi-town... I would be shocked if Philly didn't make the playoffs...shocked

exactly i think it will look something like this

1.) Boston
2.) Orlando
3.) Cleveland
4.) *Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly
5.) *Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly
6.) *Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly
7.) *Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly
8.) Chicago

*No particular order too close to call

MiamiHeat
08-16-2009, 07:14 PM
no way does Detroit make it to the playoffs

Wilson
08-16-2009, 07:30 PM
This is tough, because I see both the Bulls and the Sixers making the play-offs. I voted Bulls though, I really like the look of them at the moment.

DetroitRipCity
08-16-2009, 07:31 PM
no way does Detroit make it to the playoffs

do you have anything to back that up other than blind stupidity?

nyyankees09
08-16-2009, 07:42 PM
Bulls lost Ben Gordon, Pistions add Ben Gordon and Charlie V and the Pistons don't even make the 8 seed while the Bulls do? So wrong. The Pistons will be better then the Bulls and they're gonna be somewhere around 4-6 seed.

JordansBulls
08-16-2009, 07:55 PM

That's because of Elton Brand and also they lost Andre Miller.

Legitimate
08-16-2009, 08:16 PM
The sixers got a quality head coach in Eddie Jordan and also added one of the best 3 men in the league. To be honest I think Kapono will excel in this new offense.

Meanwhile..detroit is good on paper, although we dont' know how the players will gel under their new coach. Is BG accepting a bench role? how is that all going to work out?

DetroitRipCity
08-16-2009, 08:40 PM
The sixers got a quality head coach in Eddie Jordan and also added one of the best 3 men in the league. To be honest I think Kapono will excel in this new offense.

Meanwhile..detroit is good on paper, although we dont' know how the players will gel under their new coach. Is BG accepting a bench role? how is that all going to work out?

yea BG said he doesnt mind coming off the bench, besides he will get the clutch minutes ne way

b_rad23
08-16-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't get two things.

1) How is Chicago leading by so much? Philly is the better team.
2) How is Detroit getting that many votes? They're 10th IMO.

JWO35
08-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Non-Homer Pick: The Philadelphia 76ers

But, I still voted for the Pistons lol

Legitimate
08-16-2009, 09:11 PM
I don't get two things.

1) How is Chicago leading by so much? Philly is the better team.
2) How is Detroit getting that many votes? They're 10th IMO.

PSD polls are more of a popularity contest if anything. LOL.

clutchski
08-16-2009, 09:28 PM
PSD polls are more of a popularity contest if anything. LOL.

I really disagree with all this homerism talk, it's pointless. I'm starting to think you can determine if someone's a homer based on how long they've been on PSD, their post count, and the quality of their posts.

Personally, I think the last two seeds will be a fight between Chicago, Miami, Charlotte, Detroit, and Philly..and it will also include the Raps and Washington if they don't live up to the 'hype' they're getting. I think ATL is the only sure thing for making the playoffs. I think the Raps and Washington will be higher than all except ATL if they live up to many people's expectations. Out of the bottom 5 I named for the last two seeds, Miami Chicago and Detroit (in that order) have the best opportunity to make the playoffs.

J_M_B
08-16-2009, 09:38 PM
I see 3 teams that have a good chance at getting the 8th seed. Chicago, Philadelphia, and Detroit all have mediocre talent. The 8th seed will probably come down the the last game or two of the season.

Chicago- They lost their go to guy down the stretch in Ben Gordon and haven't found a replacement for him. They added two young forwards in the draft with the selections of James Johnson and Taj Gibson. The Bulls are trying to improve from the inside. Chicago has a great young core of players (Rose, Deng, Noah, Tyrus) which will continue to improve with time. Projected record: 40-42

Philadelphia- The 6th seed in the east last season has had a good off season. They acquired PG Jrue Holiday in this years draft. They traded for Jason Kapono from the Toronto Raptors this off season. He will add 3 point shooting off the bench. Something they desperately need. The 76ers will have a healthy Elton Brand, who could be the difference maker. Thaddeus Young and Marreese Speights will have another year under their belt and should continue to improve. The only down side to their off season is that they lost veteran PG Andre Miller to the Portland Trail Blazers. Philadelphia is my sleeper team in the east.
Projected record: 42-40

Detroit- The Pistons have been real busy this off season. After a disappointing season a year ago their front office didn't waste any time trying to improve this team. To start off this off season they drafted forwards Austin Daye, DeJuan Summers, and Jonas Jerebko. When the free agency period began Detroit signed SG Ben Gordon to a long term contract and also signed forwards Charlie Villanueva and Chris Wilcox. The Pistons also lost some key players by letting Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace walk. The Pistons added a lot of offensive fire power, but the only thing missing is DEFENSE. They could finish in the bottom five in the league in PPG allowed. Even though they brought back center Ben Wallace.
Projected record: 41-41

Eastern Conference Standings
1.Boston Celtics
2.Orlando Magic
3.Cleveland Cavaliers
4.Atlanta Hawks
5.Washington Wizards
6.Miami Heat
7.Toronto Raptors
8.Philadelphia 76ers
--------------------
9.Detroit Pistons
10.Chicago Bulls
11.Charlotte Bobcats
12.Indiana Pacers
13.New Jersey Nets
14.New York Knicks
15.Milwaukee Bucks

Legitimate
08-16-2009, 10:38 PM
I see 3 teams that have a good chance at getting the 8th seed. Chicago, Philadelphia, and Detroit all have mediocre talent. The 8th seed will probably come down the the last game or two of the season.

Chicago- They lost their go to guy down the stretch in Ben Gordon and haven't found a replacement for him. They added two young forwards in the draft with the selections of James Johnson and Taj Gibson. The Bulls are trying to improve from the inside. Chicago has a great young core of players (Rose, Deng, Noah, Tyrus) which will continue to improve with time. Projected record: 40-42

Philadelphia- The 6th seed in the east last season has had a good off season. They acquired PG Jrue Holiday in this years draft. They traded for Jason Kapono from the Toronto Raptors this off season. He will add 3 point shooting off the bench. Something they desperately need. The 76ers will have a healthy Elton Brand, who could be the difference maker. Thaddeus Young and Marreese Speights will have another year under their belt and should continue to improve. The only down side to their off season is that they lost veteran PG Andre Miller to the Portland Trail Blazers. Philadelphia is my sleeper team in the east.

Detroit- The Pistons have been real busy this off season. After a disappointing season a year ago their front office didn't waste any time trying to improve this team. To start off this off season they drafted forwards Austin Daye, DeJuan Summers, and Jonas Jerebko. When the free agency period began Detroit signed SG Ben Gordon to a long term contract and also signed forwards Charlie Villanueva and Chris Wilcox. The Pistons also lost some key players by letting Allen Iverson and Rasheed Wallace walk. The Pistons added a lot of offensive fire power, but the only thing missing is DEFENSE. They could finish in the bottom five in the league in PPG allowed. Even though they brought back center Ben Wallace.

1.Boston Celtics
2.Orlando Magic
3.Cleveland Cavaliers
4.Atlanta Hawks
5.Washington Wizards
6.Miami Heat
7.Toronto Raptors
8.Philadelphia 76ers
--------------------
9.Detroit Pistons
10.Chicago Bulls
11.Charlotte Bobcats
12.Indiana Pacers
13.New Jersey Nets
14.New York Knicks
15.Milwaukee Bucks

If someone is going to slip, its going to be Washington. I doubt agent zero plays a full season this year, if Arenas doesn't make a full comeback then addition of Randy Foye and Mike Miller make this a 20 win better team??? I doubt it.

todu82
08-17-2009, 04:53 AM
Chicago

DCSportsIsPain
08-17-2009, 08:23 AM
If someone is going to slip, its going to be Washington. I doubt agent zero plays a full season this year, if Arenas doesn't make a full comeback then addition of Randy Foye and Mike Miller make this a 20 win better team??? I doubt it.

Which would explain why the Wizards have better Vegas Odds of winning the Finals than the Raptors have:

Washington 30/1
Toronto 35/1

Because the oddsmakers who stand to lose millions if they are wrong feel that, if any team is going to slip this season, it will be Washington. :facepalm:

By the way, Chicago has the same 35/1 odds as Toronto.

ttam68
08-17-2009, 09:20 AM

1.Boston Celtics
2.Orlando Magic
3.Cleveland Cavaliers
4.Atlanta Hawks
5.Washington Wizards
6.Miami Heat
7.Toronto Raptors
8.Philadelphia 76ers
--------------------
9.Detroit Pistons
10.Chicago Bulls
11.Charlotte Bobcats
12.Indiana Pacers
13.New Jersey Nets
14.New York Knicks
15.Milwaukee Bucks

Thank you.

Some of these big city teams (Toronto, Detroit, Chicago) are getting way too much love, and the Sixers are being underrated.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto or Chicago miss the playoffs, and I would be very surprised if Detroit made them.

Reddd
08-17-2009, 09:23 AM
tough one

Diggy_2
08-17-2009, 09:25 AM
Chicago if Deng stays healthy

koreancabbage
08-17-2009, 11:17 AM
i voted Indiana by accident!

i really wanted to vote for Detroit!!!

Chicago- i can't believe you guys would vote for them. They got no fire power left in them after Gordon left. Salmons is very inconsistent and Tyrus Thomas can't score. Deng is just a shell of his contract year and looks to have plateau already at being a sub 18ppg player and 6 rebounds. Noah just sucks. This team should be heading back to the lottery. It'll serve them well if they did. Get that lottery pick and sign a major star in the crazy 2010 free agent market.

DLeeicious
08-17-2009, 11:24 AM
Thank you.

Some of these big city teams (Toronto, Detroit, Chicago) are getting way too much love, and the Sixers are being underrated.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Toronto or Chicago miss the playoffs, and I would be very surprised if Detroit made them.

I don't see how Toronto, Detroit and Chicago are getting too much love when they are in discussion for the EIGHTH seed!

Detroit has been there for years and yes has aged and changed their dynamic, but they are still very much in the talks for the playoffs. Do I hate them more than any team in the league? Yes, but I can admit that if they play with passion (unlike last year) they have a solid enough team to win 45 games.

Toronto is coming off a terrible year. However, two seasons ago they were right in the thick of things and their lineup is not drastically different from then, in fact they are more than capable of improving from that mark. Bosh is improved, Calderon is a solid point guard, Bargs has shown flashes, adding Turk was a solid move for them. They are certainly not getting too much love by being in the talks for the LAST playoff seed.

The Bulls I am of course bias towards, but let's look at it objectively. They made a great midseason trade last year and finished the year off strong and played a great playoff series. They finished 41-41, however they were 17-9 (if I remember correctly) with their new look team MINUS Luol Deng. So this next season we have a healthy Deng and the new look team with the additions of Taj Gibson and James Johnson minus Ben Gordon. Yes Gordon was our top scorer and a tough guy to lose however any Bulls fan will tell you that as solid of a scorer he was, he also hurt us in a lot of aspects. The rest of the league is blinded by his stellar shooting and doesn't know the overall game of Gordon. Do we get better by losing him? No. But it is not as significant of a loss as some may think. So to think that the Bulls aren't capable of winning around 45 games, and to say they are getting too much love while in talks for the 8th seed is a bit crazy.

I know there is a logjam for the last playoff seeds in the East, however to say Detroit, Toronto and Chicago are getting too much love is not true when we are talking about the last playoff spot. I know something has to give and not everyone can get in, but I would not be suprised to see all three of those teams making it.

Kakaroach
08-17-2009, 11:25 AM
I went with Bulls even though the Pistons and Philly could get in as well.

DLeeicious
08-17-2009, 11:27 AM
i voted Indiana by accident!

i really wanted to vote for Detroit!!!

Chicago- i can't believe you guys would vote for them. They got no fire power left in them after Gordon left. Salmons is very inconsistent and Tyrus Thomas can't score. Deng is just a shell of his contract year and looks to have plateau already at being a sub 18ppg player and 6 rebounds. Noah just sucks. This team should be heading back to the lottery. It'll serve them well if they did. Get that lottery pick and sign a major star in the crazy 2010 free agent market.

Totally flawed. How is Salmons inconsistent? How do we have no firepower...have you seen Derrick Rose play? He is the definition of fire power. How does Noah suck? Deng has plateued at 24 years old? Get your facts straight before you make comments, or try actually watching a team play because you clearly haven't seen these players play.