PDA

View Full Version : Ai

bigsams50
08-16-2009, 02:11 PM
What do yall think about signing Iverson for a year, i think his signing would def. be playoffs.

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 03:04 PM
If we wanted AI, we would have already offered him a contract...we haven't.

NBA_Starter
08-16-2009, 04:57 PM
I've wanted us to sign him for awhile now but it looks like we have no interest.:(

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 05:30 PM
I've wanted us to sign him for awhile now but it looks like we have no interest.:(

Thank god.

TyHill
08-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Reason he hasnt been signed by us is because how financially strapped we are but based off of what LB said, they're trying to work it out. That being said I believe AI will be a Bobcat and take us to the playoffs! Yes!

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Instead of re-signing Felton, IMO, just sign AI for the 1yr/$2M deal instead of re-signing Felton for $3M more.

Then sign Jason Williams for ur 3rd PG for $1.2M/yr.

PG: DJ/AI/Williams
SG: AI/Bell
SF: G-Force/Radman
PF: Diaw/Diop
C: Chandler/Nazr

U save $1.8M and might even sneak into the 7th seed.

JakeDelbreezy
08-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Instead of re-signing Felton, IMO, just sign AI for the 1yr/$2M deal instead of re-signing Felton for $3M more.

Then sign Jason Williams for ur 3rd PG for $1.2M/yr.

PG: DJ/AI/Williams
SG: AI/Bell
SF: G-Force/Radman
PF: Diaw/Diop
C: Chandler/Nazr

U save $1.8M and might even sneak into the 7th seed.

Well Jason Williams isn't even an FA anymore. And DJ and AI would probably be the smallest defensive backcourt in the league, anyone with a big guard would murder the Bobcats. Felton is better than DJ or AI (at this point in his career). IMO that's a downgrade all the way around.

webz02
08-21-2009, 11:29 AM
I think we should do something with Felton. If we can get rid of him and make room for AI that will free up enough money to get AI and a back up PF. We wont be losing much with letting Felton go because DJ is ready to step in and take over. We really need to make this happen or we'll be sitting at home for the playoffs again. Come on LB, get this done!!!!

JakeDelbreezy
08-21-2009, 12:40 PM
I think we should do something with Felton. If we can get rid of him and make room for AI that will free up enough money to get AI and a back up PF. We wont be losing much with letting Felton go because DJ is ready to step in and take over. We really need to make this happen or we'll be sitting at home for the playoffs again. Come on LB, get this done!!!!

The Felton and Bell combo as starters are better than AI and DJ combo as starters.

How do you get that DJ is ready to take over? The only thing DJ does better than Felton is shoot. Felton is a better passer, defender, rebounder etc. DJ and AI in the backcourt would get mauled by any team with a big guard.

The Bobcats are defensive minded team that relies on finding the best shot. AI is a horrible defender and is only worried about finding his own shot. If we got AI we'd probably lose more games than we lost last year....he's a downgrade.

TyHill
08-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Id like the Bell + AI combo better with DJ and Henderson backing. Sign and trade Felton for a backup PF..sign AI. Lets get this thing rolling... AIs best year was with Philadelphia when they made it to the finals and all that team was, was defense + AI. So, AI put in with our D makes it pretty darn appealing to me.

DerekRE_3
08-21-2009, 05:15 PM
Id like the Bell + AI combo better with DJ and Henderson backing. Sign and trade Felton for a backup PF..sign AI. Lets get this thing rolling... AIs best year was with Philadelphia when they made it to the finals and all that team was, was defense + AI. So, AI put in with our D makes it pretty darn appealing to me.

Felton is worth more than a backup PF.

TyHill
08-21-2009, 07:59 PM
certainly Felton is worth more than a back up PF I failed to put backup PF + a pick

IversonIsKrazy
08-22-2009, 03:16 PM
im not sure, i think u guys should just let Felton Walk. But u should sign a defensive PG, or trade for one. Like Shaun Livingston, hes a 6'7 PG. U guys need now a PG who'll be able to guard a SG, and Livingston would be perfect. U guys should trade D-Jefferson + 2nd round pick for Shaun. THen let Felton walk. Start Livingston, but only play him like 15mpg.

PG: Livingston(15) / DJ (24) / AI (9)
SG: AI (28) / Bell (20)
SF: G-Force (34) / Radman (14)
PF: Diaw (30) / Diop (18)
C: Tyson (32) / Nazr (16)

Thas how the mins should be divided then.

DJ gets more mins than last year. AI gets his 37 mins he loves to play. And everything else seems abt right.

To start Livingston and AI should be 2gether, 2nd and 3rd quarter it should be DJ & AI, or DJ & Bell, or AI & Bell, and in the clutch, it should be AI & Bell so Ai can be the go-to-guy and surrounded by great defense.

webz02
08-22-2009, 07:33 PM
Friday night, Dimeís Aron Phillips spoke to an unnamed source who works in the NBA and said that Allen Iverson has worked out the details of a contract with the Charlotte Bobcats, but the deal wonít be official until next week. The general consensus surrounding A.I. is that the 34-year-old is too stubborn to blend into a contenderís system, and at the same time, will stunt the development of any up-and-coming young team. But Iverson in Charlotte could be a win-win for both sides: The ĎCats need a go-to scorer on the perimeter, and Raja Bell and Gerald Henderson are more than expendable as far as coming off the bench while Iverson starts at two-guard. The cash-strapped franchise also benefits from the merchandise A.I. will help move (havenít seen too many Boris Diaw jerseys around lately), and assuming this is a one-year deal, Iverson gets to prove himself to the rest of the League and hit the 2010 free agent market when more teams have more money to spend.

http://dimemag.com/2009/08/source-allen-iverson-to-the-bobcats/

Here it is. Got to get me a jersey!!!!

bigvdebo86
08-23-2009, 05:07 AM
Hoopsworld says that my man ai has agreed to a deal with the bobcats and it should be announced within a week.

DerekRE_3
08-23-2009, 10:49 AM
im not sure, i think u guys should just let Felton Walk. But u should sign a defensive PG, or trade for one. Like Shaun Livingston, hes a 6'7 PG. U guys need now a PG who'll be able to guard a SG, and Livingston would be perfect. U guys should trade D-Jefferson + 2nd round pick for Shaun. THen let Felton walk. Start Livingston, but only play him like 15mpg.

PG: Livingston(15) / DJ (24) / AI (9)
SG: AI (28) / Bell (20)
SF: G-Force (34) / Radman (14)
PF: Diaw (30) / Diop (18)
C: Tyson (32) / Nazr (16)

Thas how the mins should be divided then.

DJ gets more mins than last year. AI gets his 37 mins he loves to play. And everything else seems abt right.

To start Livingston and AI should be 2gether, 2nd and 3rd quarter it should be DJ & AI, or DJ & Bell, or AI & Bell, and in the clutch, it should be AI & Bell so Ai can be the go-to-guy and surrounded by great defense.

You must be joking....Shaun Livingston couldn't make a Miami Heat team that was desperate for a PG. He was on his way to being good, but that knee injury just killed his career.

BkOriginalOne
08-23-2009, 01:16 PM
It looks like Iverson is going to sign with the bobcats sometime this week.
I think bell makes the most "cents" to trade, but a lot will be lost if he is moved.
If Larry Brown really wants to help Iverson, there might be a sign and trade in place for a combo guard. Maybe Felton for Hinrich. That would be good for the bobcats and making the signing of Iverson transition quicker.

Sports Illustrator
08-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Dime Magazine's web site reports that Allen Iverson and the Bobcats already have agreed to terms on a contract that will be signed within a week. I'm told by a great source that's not true. However, that doesn't mean Iverson won't be a Bobcat. It sounds like there's a good chance that will happen. My source says definitively that Iverson's first choice is to play for Larry Brown again in Charlotte, and that there have been serious discussions about making that happen. However, there are complications.

From Charlotte Observer (http://blogs.charlotte.com/inside_the_nba/2009/08/no-deal-yet-but-iversontobobcats-viable.html)

NBA_Starter
08-23-2009, 03:25 PM
Rick Bonnell of the Charlotte Observer refuted a recent report that Allen Iverson has agreed to a contract with the Bobcats, but notes that there is a "good chance" it will happen

http://www.fantasysp.com/player/nba/Allen_Iverson/486527

I certainly hope we still re-sign Felton as well and maybe trade Bell for some frontcourt depth.

bigsams50
08-23-2009, 04:27 PM
yea, i wanna keep felton, i think his game is underrated

IversonIsKrazy
08-24-2009, 02:56 PM
if Felton gets re-signed, DJ wont be playing often. Which is why u need to trade Felton for a big PG who can guard a SG.

Sports Illustrator
08-24-2009, 11:00 PM
On teams who already have a guy who needs to have the ball all the time, I'd say Allen Iverson is bad. On a team like the Bobcats though, the only problem with putting Allen Iverson at Shooting Guard would be on the defensive end of the floor.

If the Charlotte Bobcats decide to keep Felton though, then I would think it'd be wise on the Bobcats part to trade DJ Augustin while he has value. He can be a very good player on a team whose in need of a starting Point Guard. His value will likely lower if the backcourt consists of Allen Iverson and Felton.

Lakergirl24
08-25-2009, 01:36 AM
I hope AI does sign with the bobcats. They need someone who can score after trading for chandler.

Edwin
08-25-2009, 09:05 AM
Well, the charlotte system is already broken so i guess he'll be able to help ya. I mean he's not joining an elite team like detroit to break it. The difference is that charlotte needs him and detroit didn't. So i guess he can help charlotte get into playoffs.lol

king4day
08-25-2009, 02:15 PM
I don't see a reason for Charlotte to trade DJ if they get AI.
He can spell Felton and Bell can once again spell AI.
Bells minutes go down helping him prevent injury.

AI fits the team perfectly since they not have a true scorer. And if he misses shots or blows layups, he had Chandler to fix things.

homestarunner93
08-25-2009, 08:09 PM
The idea of trading DJ or Felton is idiotic. I can't comprehend why people are even suggesting it. If anything, we should trade Bell for a backup PF, and that's a BIG if.

JakeDelbreezy
08-26-2009, 07:51 AM
I hope AI does sign with the bobcats. They need someone who can score after trading for chandler.

Not sure why trading for Chandler hurt our scoring all that much. Okafor was dramatically overrated on offense and that's saying a lot b/c Okafor offensive game was garbage at best.

JakeDelbreezy
08-26-2009, 07:55 AM
I don't necessarily think trading any of our young players just to accomodate AI makes any sense. AI is 34 years old. He's hardly a building block. DJ and Felton on the other hand are young players who still have potential to get better while AI's better days are clearly behind him. We're just talking about the Bobcats making a playoff push, not winning a championship, you don't leverage your future just to squeak into the playoffs. Trading Felton or DJ for backups makes no sense.

bigsams50
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
I don't necessarily think trading any of our young players just to accomodate AI makes any sense. AI is 34 years old. He's hardly a building block. DJ and Felton on the other hand are young players who still have potential to get better while AI's better days are clearly behind him. We're just talking about the Bobcats making a playoff push, not winning a championship, you don't leverage your future just to squeak into the playoffs. Trading Felton or DJ for backups makes no sense.

agreed

king4day
08-27-2009, 09:53 AM
So Memphis made an offer to AI. Hopefully he brings that to the Bobcats and sees if they can match it.

bigsams50
08-27-2009, 10:04 AM
i hope we get ai man

Lo Porto
08-27-2009, 11:38 AM
The Bobcats want AI, but I think the sale of the franchise will go down soon. Considering the new owner might not want AI, they are probably holding out to see what the new owner wants.

It's in everybody's best interest if the Bobcats get sold and Iverson gets signed.

JLynn943
08-28-2009, 12:26 PM
I hope this sale happens soon. Iverson is apparently very interested in Memphis, and I think the only reason he hasn't signed there yet is because he really wants to play in Charlotte for Larry Brown again. Hopefully the new owner sees and seizes the opportunity.

Sports Illustrator
08-28-2009, 11:57 PM
If the Charlotte Bobcats are serious in their pursuit of Allen Iverson, they need to make an offer to Allen Iverson as soon as they can. The Grizzlies proved to be very serious about acquiring. Allen Iverson would probably rather play for the Grizzlies since Micheal Jordan is the owner and Larry Brown is the head coach, but the Bobcats need to show they want him as bad as the Grizzlies do.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Allen Iverson makes this team a lot stronger than they were before.

webz02
09-02-2009, 08:40 PM
If the Charlotte Bobcats are serious in their pursuit of Allen Iverson, they need to make an offer to Allen Iverson as soon as they can. The Grizzlies proved to be very serious about acquiring. Allen Iverson would probably rather play for the Grizzlies since Micheal Jordan is the owner and Larry Brown is the head coach, but the Bobcats need to show they want him as bad as the Grizzlies do.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Allen Iverson makes this team a lot stronger than they were before.

I couldn't say it any better. Hes sitting there waiting on you to give hime an offer. This can be great for us. When he comes and puts us in the playoffs its gonna be one of the biggest topics all year. Maybe finally someone will give us our respect. Don't get me wrong I think we got some last year from other teams. But not by anyone else. AI+Larry Brown=playoffs and respect.
If we don't get him doesn't mean we don't make the playoffs. This just locks us in. Oh yeah and what other big name is waiting on charlotte to give them a call. One all star leads to another.

iHop
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
This would be a great pickup, and i think the bobcats would be playoff bound if they signed him.

Raph12
09-22-2009, 10:56 AM
Too late, Griz got him, your Owners waited on him for a little too long, too bad, would've been a great fit in Charlotte.

bigsams50
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
^ I agree man, oh well, at least now gerald can get more pt and grow