PDA

View Full Version : Which vet old sacramento player has more left?

Ebbs
08-15-2009, 07:54 PM
After being traded from the dissapointing sacramento team that never got there ring wh odo you think has the most left to give?

Mike Bibby
Ron Artest
Peja Stojakovic
Brad Miller

still1ballin
08-15-2009, 07:57 PM
artest

BlondeBomber41
08-15-2009, 08:13 PM
Obviously Artest.

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Goddamned David Stern :mad::mad::mad::mad: back in early 2000s i went out there to Arco Arena and supported them because Warriors were not in playoffs and i rooted for them because they were underdogs. i remember the Lakers versus Kings WCF. :mad: Kings should have won. :mad:

anyway that was a fun team and they deserved to win.

vash9
08-16-2009, 01:23 AM
Hmm..it's hard to say, but i'd say between the three, Bibby, Artest and if Hedo was on the list, him too.

Out of all three, so far that i can see, Artest has the most left in his tank.

djeller1139
08-16-2009, 01:24 AM
Chris Webber :p

No contest: Ron Artest. He played with them during a completely different time than the rest of those guys thought...

lakers4sho
08-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Goddamned David Stern :mad::mad::mad::mad: back in early 2000s i went out there to Arco Arena and supported them because Warriors were not in playoffs and i rooted for them because they were underdogs. i remember the Lakers versus Kings WCF. :mad: Kings should have won. :mad:

:bla:

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 02:26 AM

you know they would have won. stern meddled with that series because kings were a small market. you guys know that. don't even try to say otherwise. I was in the crowds cheering on that team.

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 02:28 AM
Hedo should be on the list.

goku
08-16-2009, 02:30 AM
ron ron and bibby

goku
08-16-2009, 02:31 AM
o yea mj of turkey

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 02:32 AM

yes he should be there.

here you can see the players. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFwjVvF8Xnc

NYtilIdie
08-16-2009, 02:48 AM

Dont deny it we all watched Kobe elbow Bibby in the face that should of automatically be a flagrant 2 and a FT, then Kings ball game over. Instead they stop the game due to the bleeding and make the Kings use their last timeout and its still LA ball. We all know that series was fixed and it was clear the Kings should have won.

I will give you guys Game 4 though Robert Horry hit that game winning 3 in Game 4 so can't take that away from you.

But for the question: Artest he has the better squad out of the list

blazerman
08-16-2009, 02:59 AM
You must be a Laker fan, Artest of course, I hope you really didnt have to think that one over too long. Miller may have a couple of decent yrs left but he's heading to a backup role real soon and Bibby and Peja are both spent and their teeth are as big as a beavers (long in the tooth).

Hedo has as many good yrs left as Artest though which I think is about 3 more then both players do a complete nosedive.

Artest should be solid for 2 more yrs and then he will be a prime candidate to fall flat because he is part of a group of players that is well coached and under the microscope everyday and I doubt he will be able to maintain his behavior and focus over the course of a season and then deep playoff runs yr in yr out, his mental makeup isnt that good and a long grind like the Lakers are known for will break a weak minded individual and Artest isnt know for his brains and self control and will likely lose his focus, especially if he wins a title in LA. Then Im sure he Artest will crack and beat the hell out of Kobe because Kobe rips on him for something like slacking off or not staying focused during a game, I give it 2 yrs before Kobe catches that *** whippin especially if Phil Jackson retires and isnt there to use his zen powers and save kobe from a sure lickin!

toovey107
08-16-2009, 03:01 AM
artest

Beno7500
08-16-2009, 03:23 AM
Artest.

The list should be this:
Gerald Wallace
RonArtest
Mike Bibby
Hedo Turkoglu
Brad Miller
Peja Stojakovic

Dncehalldrug
08-16-2009, 03:29 AM
You must be a Laker fan, Artest of course, I hope you really didnt have to think that one over too long. Miller may have a couple of decent yrs left but he's heading to a backup role real soon and Bibby and Peja are both spent and their teeth are as big as a beavers (long in the tooth).

Hedo has as many good yrs left as Artest though which I think is about 3 more then both players do a complete nosedive.

Artest should be solid for 2 more yrs and then he will be a prime candidate to fall flat because he is part of a group of players that is well coached and under the microscope everyday and I doubt he will be able to maintain his behavior and focus over the course of a season and then deep playoff runs yr in yr out, his mental makeup isnt that good and a long grind like the Lakers are known for will break a weak minded individual and Artest isnt know for his brains and self control and will likely lose his focus, especially if he wins a title in LA. Then Im sure he Artest will crack and beat the hell out of Kobe because Kobe rips on him for something like slacking off or not staying focused during a game, I give it 2 yrs before Kobe catches that *** whippin especially if Phil Jackson retires and isnt there to use his zen powers and save kobe from a sure lickin!

:bla: can't blame them haters... :pity:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/Blueside_Girl/Cassadee%20Pope%20and%20Hey%20Monday/l_eea80d8894ab494f8390a0e8119ec6af.jpg?t=125040773 3

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 03:47 AM

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/Blueside_Girl/Cassadee%20Pope%20and%20Hey%20Monday/l_eea80d8894ab494f8390a0e8119ec6af.jpg?t=125040773 3

we are not hating, woman. that game was obviously rigged. even Bill Walton made a comment that refree-ing was awfully horrendous during that series.

jakesmail123
08-16-2009, 04:20 AM

IT WAS COMPLETELY RIGGED. THE REFS WERE TOLD TO HAVE THR LAKERS WIN! youtube the greatest tragedy in sports u will cry..:(

you know they would have won. stern meddled with that series because kings were a small market. you guys know that. don't even try to say otherwise. I was in the crowds cheering on that team.

exactly

true

Dont deny it we all watched Kobe elbow Bibby in the face that should of automatically be a flagrant 2 and a FT, then Kings ball game over. Instead they stop the game due to the bleeding and make the Kings use their last timeout and its still LA ball. We all know that series was fixed and it was clear the Kings should have won.

I will give you guys Game 4 though Robert Horry hit that game winning 3 in Game 4 so can't take that away from you.

But for the question: Artest he has the better squad out of the list

never should have been a game 7 cuz the lakes cheated so hard in game 6. not only the kobe elbow but they called a foul every time shaq caught the ball in the post even if there WAS ZERO CONTACT AT ALL :mad:

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 04:25 AM
IT WAS COMPLETELY RIGGED. THE REFS WERE TOLD TO HAVE THR LAKERS WIN! youtube the greatest tragedy in sports u will cry..:(

exactly

true

never should have been a game 7 cuz the lakes cheated so hard in game 6. not only the kobe elbow but they called a foul every time shaq caught the ball in the post even if there WAS ZERO CONTACT AT ALL :mad:

I know. i have seen it many times. in fact just because you reminded me. I am watching it again. Another reason why i hate bandwagon lakers fans. the fans who have been following for years are very fun to talk to. its the bandwagons one that i hate. they memorize every thing about the Laker's championship teams and tell other fans off. its ridiculous. anyway. So yeah that NBA WCF was rigged and all 3 of the refs in that series were part of Tim Donaghy refree scandal. but interestingly only 2 of them have been fired.

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 04:46 AM

:confused:How do you explain San Antonio? I think they are even a smaller market than Sacramento and they have been contenders for the past decade. Don't repeat dumb **** that you hear other people say, it just makes you sound ignorant and dumb yourself.

Does anyone recall game five in Sacramento (you should since you say you went to all the games) and Chris Webber knocking the ball out of bounds with around 10 t0 15 seconds remaining in the game. The officials who were apparently instructed to have Los Angeles win the series called it out on the Lakers when replays clearly showed Webber hit it out. Of course Kings fans and Laker haters never bring that up.

I can't remember if the Lakers were up by one or the game was tied but the Kings get the ball and Bibby hits a big shot with seconds remaining and they win because of a bad call by the officials.

Yes, game six had bad calls both ways, slightly in the Lakers favor. How many times throughout the series did Divac flop around and get B.S. calls on Shaquille O'Neal when Shaq didn't even make contact with him . Stop all the incessant whining and crying and conspiracy ******** and just accept the Kings blew that series.

They had a 20 point lead in game four. They shot barely above 50% from the line in game seven. Peja disappeared in clutch situations and the only guy who rose to the occasion was Mike Bibby (had a great series with countless clutch baskets).

The only conspiracy that should be investigated is whether Kobe was poisoned or not before game two.:cool:

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 05:01 AM
I know. i have seen it many times. in fact just because you reminded me. I am watching it again. Another reason why i hate bandwagon lakers fans. the fans who have been following for years are very fun to talk to. its the bandwagons one that i hate. they memorize every thing about the Laker's championship teams and tell other fans off. its ridiculous. anyway. So yeah that NBA WCF was rigged and all 3 of the refs in that series were part of Tim Donaghy refree scandal. but interestingly only 2 of them have been fired.

Even though I completely disagree with the conspiracy theory that the series was rigged, I completely agree with you about bandwagonning fans, all of them for every sport. I can't stand any of them. And according to your previous posts in this thread that also includes you, too. The Warriors were losers so you decided to throw your support east to Sacramento because they were doing good. Sounds like a bandwagon jumper to me. You should hate the Kings if you were a real Warriors fan, being in the same division and nearest opponent geographically.

Go to the Warriors forum if they'll have you.

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 05:07 AM
:confused:How do you explain San Antonio? I think they are even a smaller market than Sacramento and they have been contenders for the past decade. Don't repeat dumb **** that you hear other people say, it just makes you sound ignorant and dumb yourself.

Does anyone recall game five in Sacramento (you should since you say you went to all the games) and Chris Webber knocking the ball out of bounds with around 10 t0 15 seconds remaining in the game. The officials who were apparently instructed to have Los Angeles win the series called it out on the Lakers when replays clearly showed Webber hit it out. Of course Kings fans and Laker haters never bring that up.

I can't remember if the Lakers were up by one or the game was tied but the Kings get the ball and Bibby hits a big shot with seconds remaining and they win because of a bad call by the officials.

Yes, game six had bad calls both ways, slightly in the Lakers favor. How many times throughout the series did Divac flop around and get B.S. calls on Shaquille O'Neal when Shaq didn't even make contact with him . Stop all the incessant whining and crying and conspiracy ******** and just accept the Kings blew that series.

They had a 20 point lead in game four. They shot barely above 50% from the line in game seven. Peja disappeared in clutch situations and the only guy who rose to the occasion was Mike Bibby (had a great series with countless clutch baskets).

The only conspiracy that should be investigated is whether Kobe was poisoned or not before game three.:cool:

i didn't go to all the games just one. it was a kings home game. i also have a theory about the spurs. i think it was an attempt to reel in international media and spurs do have the highest number of international players but then you never know

blazerman
08-16-2009, 05:25 AM

I do hate the Lakers and always will but that doesnt change the fact that kobe's gonna catch a beatin from Artest for getting disrespected at some point, it will boil over in a couple of yrs after alot of competitive practives and stuff. Didnt you see Ron cuff up those paying customers in Detroit a few yrs ago over nothing and you think Kobe's safe, I really think he signed in LA for cheap so he can go postal on him at some point. just kidding
I doubt that Kobe tries to hard to defend himself because Ron is quite a bit bigger than that girl Kobe raped in Colorado and paid some hush money to keep quiet. Please let me hear you defend that rapo and cheater because if Im not mistaken he was married right, ya that's what I thought. I wonder if Kobe has a sex offender sign in his front yard, oops that's right he paid her off to keep quiet and spent 4 million on a ring to save face with his young wife.
I do wonder how he went about engaging in sex with that girl wass it like Mike Tyson and he just took it or was it all her fault and when she showed him to his room she just threw herself at him and risked getting fired for disrespecting a highprofile customer, kinda doubt it.

And you guys idolize him so much and have long forgotten that huh. Hate LA for sure and rapists like your idol Kobe!

But are the Lakers a great team yes and is Kobe a great player, Yes and Yes and will they repeat, most likely Yes! No hate on the Lakers game itself but just some of the players.

One more thing I think the Gasol trade was fixed because it makes no sense for Memphis to trade Gasol for the crap that LA gave when there were far better deals on the table and Memphis wanted to save money supposedly but yet takes on a massive contract like Zach Randolph's a yr and a half later and he isnt even close to the player Gasol is and Jerry West who is Mr. Laker himself resigns from the Grizzlies soon after the Gasol jacking. The NBA needed to keep the Lakers strong while Kobe was in his prime and probably paid Heisley off on the hush just like they did or Jerry Buss did for Kobe with that girl in Colorado!
Your Lakers are as tainted as those steriod guys and someday it will surface!

I dont really know if any of that crap is true but it sounded good, I was just taking a low blows at kobe and the Lakers, I just gave alittle back for all the punishment the Blazers recieved for the jailblazer era from laker fans. Kobe is a rapo though and I think he Mike Tysoned that girl !

Reddd
08-16-2009, 05:40 AM
Artest.

The list should be this:
Gerald Wallace
RonArtest
Mike Bibby
Hedo Turkoglu
Brad Miller
Peja Stojakovic

Good list

Reddd
08-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Even though I completely disagree with the conspiracy theory that the series was rigged, I completely agree with you about bandwagonning fans, all of them for every sport. I can't stand any of them. And according to your previous posts in this thread that also includes you, too. The Warriors were losers so you decided to throw your support east to Sacramento because they were doing good. Sounds like a bandwagon jumper to me. You should hate the Kings if you were a real Warriors fan, being in the same division and nearest opponent geographically.

Maybe not the whole series, but definetly game 6, even Donaghy claimed it.

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 05:46 AM

i am a Warriors fan. the 3 reasons why i supported Kings 1. Warriors were again not in playoffs so i was bored. its just like how i supported Magic last year during the playoffs because of Mickael Pietrus and Hedo a member of 2002 screwup ( i.e. not a fan of that team just a supporter ) Its just like how i supported Cardinals last year in post season because they were the uber underdogs. and the Giants before that because (i had to see someone mess up my high school's rival school's greatest alumni's greatest dream shatter and because i wanted Eli Manning to be finally able to grow out of his brother's shadow ). it doesn't make me a bandwagoner fan.

DitchDat
08-16-2009, 05:59 AM
How about Gerald Wallace?

1. Artest
2. Hedo
3. Bibby

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 06:10 AM
i am a Warriors fan. the 3 reasons why i supported Kings 1. Warriors were again not in playoffs so i was bored. its just like how i supported Magic last year during the playoffs because of Mickael Pietrus and Hedo a member of 2002 screwup ( i.e. not a fan of that team just a supporter ) Its just like how i supported Cardinals last year in post season because they were the uber underdogs. and the Giants before that because (i had to see someone mess up my high school's rival school's greatest alumni's greatest dream shatter and because i wanted Eli Manning to be finally able to grow out of his brother's shadow ). it doesn't make me a bandwagoner fan.

I think the only thing we'll agree upon is Heidi's bouncing rack. Awesome! Everytime I come across it I have to stop and enjoy for a moment.:D

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 06:14 AM

I think the only thing that we'll agree upon is Heidi's bouncing rack. Awesome! Everytime I see it I have to pause for a moment to enjoy.:D

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 06:22 AM
I do hate the Lakers and always will but that doesnt change the fact that kobe's gonna catch a beatin from Artest for getting disrespected at some point, it will boil over in a couple of yrs after alot of competitive practives and stuff. Didnt you see Ron cuff up those paying customers in Detroit a few yrs ago over nothing and you think Kobe's safe, I really think he signed in LA for cheap so he can go postal on him at some point. just kidding
I doubt that Kobe tries to hard to defend himself because Ron is quite a bit bigger than that girl Kobe raped in Colorado and paid some hush money to keep quiet. Please let me hear you defend that rapo and cheater because if Im not mistaken he was married right, ya that's what I thought. I wonder if Kobe has a sex offender sign in his front yard, oops that's right he paid her off to keep quiet and spent 4 million on a ring to save face with his young wife.
I do wonder how he went about engaging in sex with that girl wass it like Mike Tyson and he just took it or was it all her fault and when she showed him to his room she just threw herself at him and risked getting fired for disrespecting a highprofile customer, kinda doubt it.

And you guys idolize him so much and have long forgotten that huh. Hate LA for sure and rapists like your idol Kobe!

But are the Lakers a great team yes and is Kobe a great player, Yes and Yes and will they repeat, most likely Yes! No hate on the Lakers game itself but just some of the players.

One more thing I think the Gasol trade was fixed because it makes no sense for Memphis to trade Gasol for the crap that LA gave when there were far better deals on the table and Memphis wanted to save money supposedly but yet takes on a massive contract like Zach Randolph's a yr and a half later and he isnt even close to the player Gasol is and Jerry West who is Mr. Laker himself resigns from the Grizzlies soon after the Gasol jacking. The NBA needed to keep the Lakers strong while Kobe was in his prime and probably paid Heisley off on the hush just like they did or Jerry Buss did for Kobe with that girl in Colorado!

I dont really know if any of that crap is true but it sounded good, I was just taking a low blows at kobe and the Lakers, I just gave alittle back for all the punishment the Blazers recieved for the jailblazer era from laker fans. Kobe is a rapo though and I think he Mike Tysoned that girl !

Wow, that is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in some time. You truly hate the Lakers and Kobe but you let your hate make you look like an ignorant fool.

blazerman
08-16-2009, 06:26 AM

You dont have to explain yourself as to why you rooted for Sac, I have been a huge Steeler and Niners fan all my life( I hate the Cowboys with a passion) and I like having two faves in the NFL I just have time watching when they play each other but I have always wanted a Steeler Niner superbowl then I know one of my teams would win, but it's not like either of them lose in superbowls anyways 11 out of 12.:clap:
I hate the Dallas Cowboys as much as the Lakers (I might as well throw the Mavs in too). In fact all my favorite teams my faves because I hate certain teams so much (Red sox, Lakers, Cowboys, Patriots .and the mavs too)

If the Blazers arnt in the playoffs I still like to watch an I am going for the underdog at that point unless it's a team I just hate like LA.

It's pretty interesting how much of a stink people made about Rasheed Wallace threating to beat up Tim Donaghy after a game yrs ago he was suspended, fined, given 2 technicals and ejected all the while Rasheed and the blazers were cheated out of a victory by the ref and LA Laker alli Tim Donaghy. I swear the NBA helps the Lakers out under the table.

ZebraCity916
08-16-2009, 06:35 AM

The only conspiracy that should be investigated is whether Kobe was poisoned or not before game three.:cool:

San Antonio is a smaller market team than the Kings but that's not who the Kings were playing in the 2002 WCF. They were playing the Lakers who have the 2nd biggest market (I believe) in the league. In the 80's when the Celtics and Lakers went to the final and it was Bird Vs. Magic it put the NBA TV ratings to a very high point and made a lot of money for the NBA.

If you look at the TV ratings for the NBA it shows that the ratings were going down year after year after Jordan won his last ring. Stern fixing the game was an attempt to raise ratings and it worked for a about a year after the Lakers won their 3rd straight title.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/22/nba-finals-tv-ratings-1974-
2008/19324

Tim Donaghy also stated to congress in the Lawrence B. Pedowitz report that game 6 of the 2002 WCF between the Kings and Lakers was fixed along with another playoff series in 2005 between the Rockets and the Mavs. Donaghy also stated that he heard Dick Bavetta and Ted Bernhardt talk about fixing that game in favor of the Lakers.

People aren't suggesting that the whole series was fixed, just game 6, which you said yourself,"Yes, game six had bad calls both ways, slightly in the Lakers favor."

It may be slightly but it was enough to push the series into game 7. And those calls and non-calls that favored the Lakers were clearly ridiculous. More ridiculous than the calls that favored the Kings. No one will ever remember the calls that favored the Kings cause the Laker got away with twice as much. Everyone remembers when Kobe elbowed Bibby in the face. No one remembers when Divac flopped and got away with it cause he did that his whole career. That's what Divac was known for, flopping.

The things that Shaq got away with were ridiculous. He shot a remarkable 13/17 FT in the 4th quarter when he is a career FT shooter of just over 50% if that. He was stepping over the FT line before the ball hit the rim.

The things you mentioned above where Webber hit the ball out of bounds and it was called out on the Lakers and Divac flopping and bad calls leading to Bibby getting a 3 is your only evidence of why that series and game 6 wasn't fixed then you need to go back and get some more evidence cause that's nothing compared to what happened to the Kings.

If you don't believe that game 6 in the WCF in 2002 was not fixed even a little bit you're not being honest with yourself.

ZebraCity916
08-16-2009, 06:38 AM
That was the longest thing I've ever posted. HAHA

blazerman
08-16-2009, 06:48 AM
Wow, that is one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in some time. You truly hate the Lakers and Kobe but you let your hate make you look like an ignorant fool.

No more than you do for rooting for him, I didnt do that to that girl he did and Im bigtime against **** like that. I had a bigtime problem with Ruben Patterson on the Blazers because of that same stuff, maybe you can root for people like that but not me so maybe your the ignorant fool. Just because a guy is good at sports doesnt mean I'll root for him especially if I know he's raped someone! If Roethlisberger did that to that girl in Pittsburgh I'd have flipped because im a huge Steeler fan and he is my favorite player but do you think I'd continue to root for him and then try to defend him if he was guilty, hell no! I wouldnt root for the Steelers again til he was gone but he didnt do it since that trick finally admitted it.

Sports are great but serious stuff in life like that outweighs my love of sports and the players that are suspect in those situations! Do you think your little insult makes you or kobe look any better or makes me feel stupid for saying that,kinda doubt it and I'll tell it to ya again if you didnt like it the first time, boy!

I was just messing around with the Gasol stuff, Im sure Griz owner is really just that stupid to do that deal. The Lakers have caught some breaks like the Sac thing and stuff but hey thats sports and what can you do, I dont really hate the lakers I just dislike them because they're always in the Blazers way and they're a rival but Kobe I do hate and that wont change (the guy is a great basketball player but a chump otherwise)
Let's drop this topic though and maybe I shouldnt have commented on that stuff and just left it in the past but Im not the type to hold back if I have something to say, my bad!

Trouble87
08-16-2009, 07:29 AM
out of the four listed above...

Bibby

28+24+5=3champs
08-16-2009, 07:42 AM
artest has the most left but i think that bibby is the more valuable player to his team. his experience and veteran leadership is important for that young atlanta team

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 09:25 AM
San Antonio is a smaller market team than the Kings but that's not who the Kings were playing in the 2002 WCF. They were playing the Lakers who have the 2nd biggest market (I believe) in the league. In the 80's when the Celtics and Lakers went to the final and it was Bird Vs. Magic it put the NBA TV ratings to a very high point and made a lot of money for the NBA.

If you look at the TV ratings for the NBA it shows that the ratings were going down year after year after Jordan won his last ring. Stern fixing the game was an attempt to raise ratings and it worked for a about a year after the Lakers won their 3rd straight title.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/05/22/nba-finals-tv-ratings-1974-
2008/19324

Tim Donaghy also stated to congress in the Lawrence B. Pedowitz report that game 6 of the 2002 WCF between the Kings and Lakers was fixed along with another playoff series in 2005 between the Rockets and the Mavs. Donaghy also stated that he heard Dick Bavetta and Ted Bernhardt talk about fixing that game in favor of the Lakers.

People aren't suggesting that the whole series was fixed, just game 6, which you said yourself,"Yes, game six had bad calls both ways, slightly in the Lakers favor."

It may be slightly but it was enough to push the series into game 7. And those calls and non-calls that favored the Lakers were clearly ridiculous. More ridiculous than the calls that favored the Kings. No one will ever remember the calls that favored the Kings cause the Laker got away with twice as much. Everyone remembers when Kobe elbowed Bibby in the face. No one remembers when Divac flopped and got away with it cause he did that his whole career. That's what Divac was known for, flopping.

The things that Shaq got away with were ridiculous. He shot a remarkable 13/17 FT in the 4th quarter when he is a career FT shooter of just over 50% if that. He was stepping over the FT line before the ball hit the rim.

The things you mentioned above where Webber hit the ball out of bounds and it was called out on the Lakers and Divac flopping and bad calls leading to Bibby getting a 3 is your only evidence of why that series and game 6 wasn't fixed then you need to go back and get some more evidence cause that's nothing compared to what happened to the Kings.

If you don't believe that game 6 in the WCF in 2002 was not fixed even a little bit you're not being honest with yourself.

First off, I'm well aware that the Kings played the Lakers in the 2002 WCF. You should have read what I was responding about. The poster said that Stern didn't want Sacramento to win the series because they are a small market team. My reply was that San Antonio was a smaller market and they've been contenders for the past decade so that theory was total ********.

Donaughy is a low-life piece of **** so anything out of his mouth shouldn't be taken seriously unless supported by undisputable proof. Why would the NBA risk undermining the integrity of its entire league by fixing just one game? For big ratings during a game seven? The risks far outweigh the reward of the ratings and hoopla a game seven will provide. Stern is not that naive or dumb to think that fixing a game will have no consequences.

People are so ignorant to think that the NBA would jeopardize everything for the ratings bonanza of one game. Does anyone really think that Stern would be that arrogant to think himself and the league are untouchable? Someone would definitely say something to someone along the way. People as a whole can't keep secrets worth a damn. They would make some deal with a reporter and spill the beans.

Shaq is a poor free-throw shooter but his good shooting in the fourth quarter plays into this conspiracy now? That is the first I've heard of this. Please tell me how the NBA helped Shaq shoot better from the line? By letting him step over the line? Damn, you're reaching pretty far on that one.

And my comments about game five are just facts from what transpired and nothing more. Refs make bad calls, happens all the time. Alot of them are not compenent enough to be refs at the highest level in my opinion. Anytime a game is poorly officiated it automatically stinks of being rigged. Wade's calls in the 2006 Finals being an example.

All you conspiracy theorists have no facts to back up your claims that game six was fixed and until someone has indidputable proof that the NBA would risk the validity and integrity of their league I won't buy it. It just doesn't make sense for the league to risk that much for one extra game, none.

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 09:37 AM
No more than you do for rooting for him, I didnt do that to that girl he did and Im bigtime against **** like that. I had a bigtime problem with Ruben Patterson on the Blazers because of that same stuff, maybe you can root for people like that but not me so maybe your the ignorant fool. Just because a guy is good at sports doesnt mean I'll root for him especially if I know he's raped someone! If Roethlisberger did that to that girl in Pittsburgh I'd have flipped because im a huge Steeler fan and he is my favorite player but do you think I'd continue to root for him and then try to defend him if he was guilty, hell no! I wouldnt root for the Steelers again til he was gone but he didnt do it since that trick finally admitted it.

Sports are great but serious stuff in life like that outweighs my love of sports and the players that are suspect in those situations! Do you think your little insult makes you or kobe look any better or makes me feel stupid for saying that,kinda doubt it and I'll tell it to ya again if you didnt like it the first time, boy!

I was just messing around with the Gasol stuff, Im sure Griz owner is really just that stupid to do that deal. The Lakers have caught some breaks like the Sac thing and stuff but hey thats sports and what can you do, I dont really hate the lakers I just dislike them because they're always in the Blazers way and they're a rival but Kobe I do hate and that wont change (the guy is a great basketball player but a chump otherwise)
Let's drop this topic though and maybe I shouldnt have commented on that stuff and just left it in the past but Im not the type to hold back if I have something to say, my bad!

I never defended Kobe and in the rape matter I never have. I don't know what happened and you can't just assume that he's guilty (I would like you to think I'm saying that as a man, not a Laker fan). I'm not saying the girl was looking for a pay day or something like that all I'm saying is that all the facts were never presented because there was no trial and the girl's integrity was questionable. And I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I have been rooting for them since before I ever heard of Shaq or Kobe. Magic Johnson is my favorite player but I do root for Kobe's success since he does play for the Lakers.

Kakaroach
08-16-2009, 09:40 AM
Why isn't Hedo on their? If so, then its him.

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 09:47 AM
And to finally answer the question about the threads subject, I would have to say Gerald Wallace or Hedo Turkoglu. Artest was never a member of the Kings teams that were valid championship contenders. Their window was roughly about a 3-4 year stretch.

Grizz/Cowboys09
08-16-2009, 11:21 AM
White Chocolate Jason Williams......he's the only one with a ring...lol

Raph12
08-16-2009, 11:57 AM
HOW DO YOU MANAGE TO NOT INCLUDE VLADE DIVAC! lol just kidding, Artest, Bibby, Hedo, Peja and then Miller

AFlagRules
08-16-2009, 12:01 PM
Hedo Turkoglu maybe?

GoatMilk
08-16-2009, 12:15 PM
artest is the youngest, so him

Catfish1314
08-16-2009, 12:47 PM
Replace Artest with Hedo on that list. Artest wasn't a part of our title contending days.

Of that list, obviously Artest.

Dncehalldrug
08-16-2009, 01:52 PM
we are not hating, woman. that game was obviously rigged. even Bill Walton made a comment that refree-ing was awfully horrendous during that series.

I wasn't talking about the rigged game. Did you see the paragraph I bolded on what he wrote about artest? read what he said before you make a comment about what i said. :pity:

http://i395.photobucket.com/albums/pp31/Blueside_Girl/Cassadee%20Pope%20and%20Hey%20Monday/l_eea80d8894ab494f8390a0e8119ec6af.jpg

mrmike101
08-16-2009, 02:16 PM
Through all these threads the 1 consensus remains eeeeeFFF KOBE!!!!!!:horse:

blazerman
08-16-2009, 02:24 PM
I never defended Kobe and in the rape matter I never have. I don't know what happened and you can't just assume that he's guilty (I would like you to think I'm saying that as a man, not a Laker fan). I'm not saying the girl was looking for a pay day or something like that all I'm saying is that all the facts were never presented because there was no trial and the girl's integrity was questionable. And I'm a Laker fan, not a Kobe fan. I have been rooting for them since before I ever heard of Shaq or Kobe. Magic Johnson is my favorite player but I do root for Kobe's success since he does play for the Lakers.

Im not blaming you for anything and I know it has to be hard when bad situations are brought up with players or teams that you like and I really shouldnt have brought that particular subject up because it was done and over with along time ago.

The Roethlisberger thing is what had me thinking about it lately and I'll you what, I am a huge Big Ben and Steelers fan but I would have cut him loose as my favorite quarterback if he was guilty of that.

What I said about Artest doin Kobe and it will never happen I was just being dumb with that, my bad.

Anyway let's drop that topic because it was ancient history and a true resolution was never really had, I may have a strong opinion on it but I shoud've keep it to myself. I really do have alot of respect for the lakers but I didnt show it in that last post of mine, mainly because of the topic I got on and I just threw out some stupid crap on top of it, I do apologize for that it wasnt to cool of me.

jimbobjarree
08-16-2009, 02:25 PM
Scott Pollard!

Lakerfan8032
08-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Im not blaming you for anything and I know it has to be hard when bad situations are brought up with players or teams that you like and I really shouldnt have brought that particular subject up because it was done and over with along time ago.

The Roethlisberger thing is what had me thinking about it lately and I'll you what, I am a huge Big Ben and Steelers fan but I would have cut him loose as my favorite quarterback if he was guilty of that.

What I said about Artest doin Kobe and it will never happen I was just being dumb with that, my bad.

Anyway let's drop that topic because it was ancient history and a true resolution was never really had, I may have a strong opinion on it but I shoud've keep it to myself. I really do have alot of respect for the lakers but I didnt show it in that last post of mine, mainly because of the topic I got on and I just threw out some stupid crap on top of it, I do apologize for that it wasnt to cool of me.

No problem. Everyone gets carried away sometimes, I certainly do.

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 03:11 PM
scott pollard!

yes!!!

TO Rapz
08-16-2009, 03:24 PM
ron ron

MajorFloridaFan
08-16-2009, 04:03 PM
artest and Turkoglu

TheMicrowave
08-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Out of those players it is easily Ron Artest.

If you add Hedo... I am stuck on this one. Hedo was impressive last season big time, but Artest has been consistently great for years. It is a toss up for me. Hedo brings mismatches and size. Artest brings defense, toughness, and respect along with above average offense.

TheMicrowave
08-16-2009, 04:11 PM

Do you need a tissue? After reading this post I thought you were crying.

I don't think the Lakers team is fixed. If it is than the Celtics must be too. Kobe a rapist? I don't think so, the girl was just trying to get money similar to the Pitino case. I read the police investigation between Kobe and the cops, and nothing lead me to believe at all that he raped her.

jakesmail123
08-16-2009, 04:33 PM
ronron wasnt on that great kings team that got screwed out of a title

Hawkeye15
08-16-2009, 04:36 PM
Vlade should come out of retirement, and show these pansy floppers today how its really done.

Hawkeye15
08-16-2009, 04:41 PM
btw, I haven't read the 4 pages, this may have been brought up. How is Artest on it, and not Hedo??? Hedo actually played a couple of seasons when they were contenders, Ron did not.
ANyways, of those listed, Ron.

TheMicrowave
08-16-2009, 09:25 PM
Vlade should come out of retirement, and show these pansy floppers today how its really done.

I agree.

goose15
08-16-2009, 09:39 PM
1 Artest
2 Bibby
3 Peja
4 Miller

Storch
08-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Turk and Artest

heyman321
08-16-2009, 09:55 PM
Artest wasn't even in the same Kings era as the others lol

Catfish1314
08-16-2009, 10:12 PM
I don't know why some people are putting Peja ahead of Miller. All Peja can do is shoot now. Miller can shoot, rebound, and at least he tries on defense.

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't know why some people are putting Peja ahead of Miller. All Peja can do is shoot now. Miller can shoot, rebound, and at least he tries on defense.

Unfortunately injuries ruined Peja's career. His back just won't hold up.

Catfish1314
08-16-2009, 10:15 PM
Unfortunately injuries ruined Peja's career. His back just won't hold up.

I watched a couple of Hornets games last year and it literally made me sad. He's not even a shell of what he used to be.

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 10:17 PM
I watched a couple of Hornets games last year and it literally made me sad. He's not even a shell of what he used to be.

Yep at one point he was a top 10 MVP candidate. That one year he got 25 PPG. I miss that Peja...

Durant is hype
08-16-2009, 10:24 PM
Yep at one point he was a top 10 MVP candidate. That one year he got 25 PPG. I miss that Peja...

Really Peja was a MVP candidate? Amazing I would never thought Peja was that good in his prime.

When was this,03 or 04.

secterm
08-16-2009, 10:25 PM
Hedo Turkoglu maybe?

Can someone say: "Raptors Homer"

asandhu23
08-16-2009, 10:30 PM
dude what in the hell happened to doug christie? and the jackson trio?

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 10:59 PM
Really Peja was a MVP candidate? Amazing I would never thought Peja was that good in his prime.

When was this,03 or 04.

2003-2004 season.

His numbers:
24.2 PPG 6.2 RPG 48% FG 43% 3 PT 93% FT

ZebraCity916
08-17-2009, 12:37 AM
First off, I'm well aware that the Kings played the Lakers in the 2002 WCF. You should have read what I was responding about. The poster said that Stern didn't want Sacramento to win the series because they are a small market team. My reply was that San Antonio was a smaller market and they've been contenders for the past decade so that theory was total ********.

Donaughy is a low-life piece of **** so anything out of his mouth shouldn't be taken seriously unless supported by undisputable proof. Why would the NBA risk undermining the integrity of its entire league by fixing just one game? For big ratings during a game seven? The risks far outweigh the reward of the ratings and hoopla a game seven will provide. Stern is not that naive or dumb to think that fixing a game will have no consequences.

People are so ignorant to think that the NBA would jeopardize everything for the ratings bonanza of one game. Does anyone really think that Stern would be that arrogant to think himself and the league are untouchable? Someone would definitely say something to someone along the way. People as a whole can't keep secrets worth a damn. They would make some deal with a reporter and spill the beans.

Shaq is a poor free-throw shooter but his good shooting in the fourth quarter plays into this conspiracy now? That is the first I've heard of this. Please tell me how the NBA helped Shaq shoot better from the line? By letting him step over the line? Damn, you're reaching pretty far on that one.

And my comments about game five are just facts from what transpired and nothing more. Refs make bad calls, happens all the time. Alot of them are not compenent enough to be refs at the highest level in my opinion. Anytime a game is poorly officiated it automatically stinks of being rigged. Wade's calls in the 2006 Finals being an example.

All you conspiracy theorists have no facts to back up your claims that game six was fixed and until someone has indidputable proof that the NBA would risk the validity and integrity of their league I won't buy it. It just doesn't make sense for the league to risk that much for one extra game, none.

I gave you plenty of facts.

Shaq not getting called for that crap was ridiculous. The whole Kings bench was telling the refs and they still didn't call anything. I'm not reaching deep, I'm stating facts of what happened.

Stern can do anything he wants. ANYTHING. So why couldn't he of paid off some refs to fix a game???? He has lots of money at his disposal.

I'm not saying it is a fact that games have been fixed, but for anybody to think that the Stern could NEVER fix a game in the NBA is ridiculous considering all the power he has in the NBA and all the motives for him to do it.

QuaLiThADoN
08-17-2009, 12:41 AM
def artest proved it with his play last year

Lakerfan8032
08-17-2009, 06:24 AM
I gave you plenty of facts.

Shaq not getting called for that crap was ridiculous. The whole Kings bench was telling the refs and they still didn't call anything. I'm not reaching deep, I'm stating facts of what happened.

Stern can do anything he wants. ANYTHING. So why couldn't he of paid off some refs to fix a game???? He has lots of money at his disposal.

I'm not saying it is a fact that games have been fixed, but for anybody to think that the Stern could NEVER fix a game in the NBA is ridiculous considering all the power he has in the NBA and all the motives for him to do it.

You provided no facts, just conjecture. Remember, Stern is employed by the owners. Don't you think the Maloof's would be pretty pissed that their "employee" screwed them out of the most important moment in Sacramento Kings history so all the other owners (especially Jerry Buss) could profit from the bigger market Lakers going to the finals? What would all the other small market owner think of that, knowing that Stern won't "allow them" to win it all because it's bad for business? Yes, the NBA is definitely a business but an important aspect of business is providing a legitimate product. The only people who would get screwed (besides the fans of course, but this is about money) is the league itself. The possible fall-out of cheating far out-weighs the ratings and money from a game seven. Stern would be out as commissioner and quite possibly in prison if he ever got caught conspiring to "fix" games.