PDA

View Full Version : Best team for iverson?

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 03:22 PM
personally i think he would be great for the rockets on a one year deal

they are lacking extremely in the scoring department and need a go to guy until Tmac and yao get back

not sure on whether the rockets still have the bi-annual to spend. but if they could pick him up at that price i think they have a shot to hang on until there studs come back

disk 8
08-15-2009, 03:33 PM
I think the heat or knicks both could use him for one year.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 03:41 PM
don't think he'd work well with wade his ego wouldn't match and he is a guy who needs the ball in his hands i see the appeal for new york though

DerekRE_3
08-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Some European team that doesn't care if he shoots 25 times a night.

Raph12
08-15-2009, 03:42 PM

they are lacking extremely in the scoring department and need a go to guy until Tmac and yao get back

not sure on whether the rockets still have the bi-annual to spend. but if they could pick him up at that price i think they have a shot to hang on until there studs come back

LMFAO studs? Tmac and Yao are both as good as done, even if Tmac and Yao return they won't have anything left. Tmac is in his 30s now, Yao is turning 30 next season, both coming off career-ending injuries. The Rockets have a better chance to declare AI their new franchise player, he probably has more years left in him than Tmac and Yao combined and yes I know he's 34, but I also know that before Detroit he avged 26+ppg, 7+apg and 2+spg, which would be great stats for any franchise player, stats Tmac has failed to accomplish in Houston even while healthy. Not saying that AI to Houston would ever happen, just saying that Rockets fans need to get off their high-horse and understand they may have to start all over again.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 03:46 PM
regardless they are two proven all stars and the leaders of the team.. the team now without those two do not have the scorer they need to lead them so i reiterate my point that iverson being that 25 point scorer would be a perfect fit.

lorenz00
08-15-2009, 03:52 PM
raptors.... we need a 2 really bad :D

Calderon
AI
Turkoglu
Bosh
Bargani

aint tht bad at all

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 03:56 PM
raptors.... we need a 2 really bad :D

Calderon
AI
Turkoglu
Bosh
Bargani

aint tht bad at all
:mad:
HORRIBLE idea iverson would kill the raptors where they lack is that defensive stopper/presence offense is defiantly not the problem.. i would see more of a raja bell type player as the starting shooting guard for the raptors instead of another 20 point scorer

lorenz00
08-15-2009, 04:00 PM
:mad:
HORRIBLE idea iverson would kill the raptors where they lack is that defensive stopper/presence offense is defiantly not the problem.. i would see more of a raja bell type player as the starting shooting guard for the raptors instead of another 20 point scorer

well true... Lol but ai wont be that bad

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 04:05 PM

just tell olympious (nah sure how to spell it) to grab him they seem to be getting there hands on any nba star that is unhappy with the offers they are receiving from nba teams.

Joshtd1
08-15-2009, 04:19 PM
Who knows. I guess if a team wants an undersized ball hog, with no defense, who won't accept a lesser role....they would have signed him already.

AK23
08-15-2009, 04:20 PM
LMFAO studs? Tmac and Yao are both as good as done, even if Tmac and Yao return they won't have anything left. Tmac is in his 30s now, Yao is turning 30 next season, both coming off carrer-ending surgeries injuries. The Rockets have a better chance to declare AI their new franchise player, he probably has more years left in him than Tmac and Yao combined and yes I know he's 34, but I also know that before Detroit he avged 26+ppg, 7+apg and 2+spg, which would be great stats for any franchise player, stats Tmac has failed to accomplish in Houston even while healthy. Not saying that AI to Houston would ever happen, just saying that Rockets fans need to get off their high-horse and understand they may have to start all over again.

t-mac and yao arent as good as done if they are still averageing more than 10 ppg.and neither had no "career-ending surgeries" if they are still playing.and we do understand that we are starting over again :mad:

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 04:27 PM
t-mac and yao arent as good as done if they are still averageing more than 10 ppg.and neither had no "career-ending surgeries" if they are still playing.and we do understand that we are starting over again :mad:

:cheers:
very patriotic :P

DeadMemories
08-15-2009, 04:33 PM
Bobcats, maybe knicks.

Reddd
08-15-2009, 04:40 PM
just tell olympious (nah sure how to spell it) to grab him they seem to be getting there hands on any nba star that is unhappy with the offers they are receiving from nba teams.

The correct name is Olympiacos

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 04:42 PM
Iverson should just retire. He doesn't have it any more.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 04:43 PM
The correct name is Olympiacos

:hi5:
thank you

Ebbs
08-15-2009, 04:45 PM
lol i dont know if hes a good fit anywhere anymore hes everything you have all said stibborn undersized un willing to listen all in all a hastle....
Still he was a terrific player back in the day and still can score 20 points a night. I think his place is with a team thirsty on there last leg looking for a championship there the teams where hes worth the gamble.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 04:47 PM
Iverson should just retire. He doesn't have it any more.

disagree strongly iverson is still hands down one of the purest scorers in the league

if i had to pick the top five players in league able to create their own shots and put the ball in the net, Iverson would defiantly be in that list behind Lebron, Kobe, and Dwade

Mavrix
08-15-2009, 04:55 PM
I'd like to see him in Houston.

It's just sad that his skill set can't translate into wins.

Mavrix
08-15-2009, 04:56 PM
I'd like to see him in Houston.

It's just sad that his skill set can't translate into wins.

Kind of reminds me of Z-Bo

TDOTRAPS
08-15-2009, 04:59 PM
he should got o dallas and help them make a push for the playoffs since nobody there is clutch

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 04:59 PM
disagree strongly iverson is still hands down one of the purest scorers in the league

if i had to pick the top five players in league able to create their own shots and put the ball in the net, Iverson would defiantly be in that list behind Lebron, Kobe, and Dwade

Iverson is not even close to being a pure scorer. He averaged 17.5 PPG last season as the 103rd least efficient player in the entire league, right behing O.J. Mayo.

Mavrix
08-15-2009, 05:02 PM
he should got o dallas and help them make a push for the playoffs since nobody there is clutch
They'd be way better off without him

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 05:05 PM
Iverson is not even close to being a pure scorer. He averaged 17.5 PPG last season as the 103rd least efficient player in the entire league, right behing O.J. Mayo.

:laugh2:
iverson IS a pure scorer ... i am under the impression that you lack the knowledge to understand what i mean by that.. he puts the ball in the net with ease and makes it look easy as welll... yes he averaged 17.5 points a game AFTER he was traded to Detroit while he was with Denver he was averaging 21 a game... iverson can still put up huge number and on any given night he can drop 40 and you may quote me on that(Y)

:bow:

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 05:10 PM
:laugh2:
iverson IS a pure scorer ... i am under the impression that you lack the knowledge to understand what i mean by that.. he puts the ball in the net with ease and makes it look easy as welll... yes he averaged 17.5 points a game AFTER he was traded to Detroit while he was with Denver he was averaging 21 a game... iverson can still put up huge number and on any given night he can drop 40 and you may quote me on that(Y)

:bow:

Which takes us right back to how many shots attempts he has to take to put up those points. You do understand Efficiency is an indicator of how many times he has to shoot to score those points, right? If Iverson's efficiency rating is under 15, it means he is taking a lot more shots than he is making. It isn't as though he's an assist guru or a rebounding wizard. He's a chucker, and the Efficiency Rating proves it. I don't know what the Denver v Detroit argument is seeing as how efficiency doesn't care who a player plays for, only what they do with each possession.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM
Which takes us right back to how many shots attempts he has to take to put up those points. You do understand Efficiency is an indicator of how many times he has to shoot to score those points, right? If Iverson's efficiency rating is under 15, it means he is taking a lot more shots than he is making. It isn't as though he's an assist guru or a rebounding wizard. He's a chucker, and the Efficiency Rating proves it. I don't know what the Denver v Detroit argument is seeing as how efficiency doesn't care who a player plays for, only what they do with each possession.

i understand your arguement i have never said iverson is the player that every team needs. i agree with you 100 % that he is not efficient with his possessions. however i am again pointing out that he is a pure SCORER he puts points up and puts the ball in the hoop which is the point im trying to get across he scores regardless of the amount of touches he gets or what he does with them.

Hellcrooner
08-15-2009, 05:16 PM

pity euro coaches are bout team out team game and the average star shots are liks 10...

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 05:22 PM
i understand your arguement i have never said iverson is the player that every team needs. i agree with you 100 % that he is not efficient with his possessions. however i am again pointing out that he is a pure SCORER he puts points up and puts the ball in the hoop which is the point im trying to get across he scores regardless of the amount of touches he gets or what he does with them.+

And given that, you still feel Iverson is the best option behind Kobe, LeBron, and D-Wade? Wow! I can think of dozens of players I would take over A.I. at this point in his career. And that is saying something considering I am a huge A.I. fan and a Georgetown University alumnus. I think we should just agree to disagree here, since it seems rather obvious at this juncture that neither is changing the other's opinion.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 05:24 PM
+

And given that, you still feel Iverson is the best option behind Kobe, LeBron, and D-Wade? Wow! I can think of dozens of players I would take over A.I. at this point in his career. And that is saying something considering I am a huge A.I. fan and a Georgetown University alumnus. I think we should just agree to disagree here, since it seems rather obvious at this juncture that neither is changing the other's opinion.

agreed :clap:

and no i did not say he was the best option i said i believe that behind those three players (along with arenas) he is an excellent scorer

Hellcrooner
08-15-2009, 05:25 PM
Olympiakos is the correct name

Jays Claw
08-15-2009, 05:26 PM
Allen Iverson would be a great fit for the Charlotte Bobcats.

mrblisterdundee
08-15-2009, 05:39 PM
Before they got Miller, the Blazers would have been one of the best teams. He would have been a combo guard scoring and distributing alongside Roy. Also, he's the perfect teacher (except for the personality) for Bayless, because they have about the same skill-set.

Kakaroach
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Some European team that doesn't care if he shoots 50 times a night. Fixed, and I'm in agreement.

DQL
08-15-2009, 06:40 PM
the Heat don't need him, esp after they traded for Q-Rich. You can't have too many volume shooters on the floor at the same time unless you're the Knicks or Warriors

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 06:40 PM
Best team for Iverson is in Springfield, Massachusetts

http://www.iesny.org/Images/Basketball_Hall_of_Fame.jpg

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 07:59 PM
Best team for Iverson is in Springfield, Massachusetts

http://www.iesny.org/Images/Basketball_Hall_of_Fame.jpg

iverson hater.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 08:00 PM
the Heat don't need him, esp after they traded for Q-Rich. You can't have too many volume shooters on the floor at the same time unless you're the Knicks or Warriors

not so much a shooter as a slasher even at his size
volume however is right

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 08:03 PM
iverson hater.

so.... by me saying that iverson belongs in the Hall of Fame that makes me a hater? hmmmm

blastmasta26
08-16-2009, 12:45 AM
He would be a good fit on any team with an SG or SF that handles the ball well. Cavs, Raptors, Blazers, Lakers. Problem is, all those teams already have established players in the backcourt and no room for AI. AI really needs to be more realistic and get used to coming off the bench. He can be a great sixth man for a team that needs scoring off the bench.

loufor2
08-16-2009, 01:10 AM
Before they got Miller, the Blazers would have been one of the best teams. He would have been a combo guard scoring and distributing alongside Roy. Also, he's the perfect teacher (except for the personality) for Bayless, because they have about the same skill-set.

well see if bayless ever become league MVP...

JordansBulls
08-16-2009, 01:35 AM

I agree with the Rockets as well.

blazerman
08-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Minnesota, NY, Charlotte or Houston would all work for AI and would sell additional tickets in those towns.

Minnesota has the money(I would think or at least the MLE) and will need a perimeter scorer and the fans would get on board with another big name at least for a yr or 2.

He would also be a good replacement for Gordon in Chicago for a yr but Bulls fans will scoff at the idea because they have a hard on for D Wade since he bought a new home there.(I think he would buy a nicer pad than a 1.4 mil townhouse if he planned on making it longterm for himself).

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 05:02 AM
Allen Iverson would be a great fit for the Charlotte Bobcats.

No...he'd ruin them. People automatically assume that because nobody on the Bobcats scored more than 17 PPG and we have Larry Brown who coached AI...that he would be the perfect fit. The Bobcats are all about the team game, on offense and defense. AI definitely isn't that type of player.

DitchDat
08-16-2009, 12:04 PM
Iverson needs to sign with a team that needs a high-scoring 2 guard/short-stretch point man.

1. New Jersey Nets. This team has some nice pieces, but it won't contend this year, as they are built for the free agent market of 2010.
PG - Devin Harris / Allen Iverson
SF - Jarvis Hayes / Najera / CDR
C - Brook Lopez / Battie / Williams
SG - Allen Iverson / Courtney Lee
PF - Jianlian / Boone / Battie

Knicks? No. Nate Robinson (5'9"), Duhon (6'1"), Iverson (6'0") would form arguably the worst defensive backcourt rotation in the NBA. Plus, Iverson and Larry Hughes on the same team = a lot of bad shots.

Sixers: it would be nice having him wrap up his career in Philly, and I think he would fit in pretty well. With Andre Miller gone, the Sixers could sure as hell use an established guard, even if he'll launch a million shots per game.
PG - Allen Iverson / Louis Williams / Jrue Holiday
SF - Thad Young / Kapono / Iguodala
C - Dalembert / Brezec / Speights
SG - Andre Iguodala (Iverson needs a big backcourt buddy) / Iverson / Kapono
PF - Elton Brand / Speights / Thad Young / Smith
It would leave them with a very small point guard combo in Iverson and up-in-ranks Lou Williams though. Adding Kapono also means that they already have a capable wing who is a much better shooter than Iverson is. And think of the damage AI will do with rookie point guard Jrue Holiday. They'll most likely pass.

Toronto: this one is easy. Bosh is probably gone after next year, so why not go all-in for Iverson on a one-year rental? With guys like Belinelli, DeRozan and Quincy Douby, a high-scoring 2 would be welcome I assume.
PG - Calderon / Ukic / Jarrett Jack
SF - Hedo / Antoine Wright
C - Bargnani / Rasho / Bosh / O'Bryant
SG - Iverson / Belinelli / Jarrett Jack
PF - Bosh / Reggie Evans

Charlotte Bobcats. Young team that needs scoring + playing for Larry Brown. This would pretty much be a good situation for Iverson.
PG - DJ Augustin / AI
SF - Gerald Wallace / Radmanovic
C - Tyson Chandler / Diop / Nazr Mohammed
SG -AI / Raja Bell
PF - Boris Diaw / Radmanovic

Miami: point-guard-to-complement-Dwayne-Wade-and-also-not-take-up-all-the-shots-for-Michael-Beasley-wise: Mario Chalmers > AI. Unless Iverson wants to come off the bench, which we all know he doesn't, this isn't gonna work.

Houston Rockets: Yao, McGrady and Artest are either out for the season, out until the All-Star break or traded. While the team is still talented and will still win games, there's no way in hell they are contenders next year. Maybe add Iverson to ease the pain?
PG - Aaron Brooks / Iverson / Kyle Lowry
SF - Ariza / Shane Battier / Brent Barry
C - Luis Scola / David Andersen / Dorsey
SG - Iverson / Ariza / Battier / Brent Barry
PF - Carl Landry / Luis Scola / Brian Cook / Dorsey
I think it will be a cold shower for Ariza. Sure, he made it to the $$$, but it's not like the Rockets are competing with the Lakers. Perfect team for Iverson to go all-out scoring-wise without any playoff culminations. Right up his alley.

Grizzlies: Grizz already have a high-scoring duo in Rudy Gay and OJ Mayo, with Zach Randolph, Marc Gasol and Mike Conley probably getting the leftover touches. Until league rules allow 2 or more balls on the court, AI would be a bad fit. Also, think of the damage he'll do to a clean, pass-happy guard like OJ Mayo. Oh wait, scratch that. Still a bad idea though.

Golden State Iverson, I mean, Warriors: High-paced offense and no-D: this must be Iverson's paradise. If they can get him, they probably should.
PG - Monta Ellis / Speedy Claxton / Acie Law / Stephen Curry
SF - Stephen Jackson / Corey Maggette / Devean George / Kelenna Azubuike / Anthony Morrow
C - Andris Biedrins / Brandan Wright / Ronny Turiaf
SG - Allen Iverson / Corey Maggete / Devean George / Kelenna Azubuike / Antony Morrow
PF - Ronny Turiaf / Anthony Randolph / Brandan Wright
I would propose a starting Speedy Claxton-Iverson backcourt. The other 29 NBA teams would too.

Clippers: a lot of rumors have gone around, but I don't see it. A BD-AI backcourt? I don't think these two chuckers could co-exist well. And where would Eric Gordon fit in? If AI doesn't want to come off the bench, this is a bad fit.

Nuggets: would be hysterical, but I don't think he's that much of a favorite there. Still, you have to admit this is a pretty sick lineup:
PG - Chauncey Billups / Anthony Carter / Lawson
SF - Carmelo Anthony / Balkman
C - Nene / Andersen
SG - Allen Iverson / JR Smith / Afflalo
PF - K-Mart / Andersen / Malik Allen

So I guess that's pretty much it. I'm more than confident he'll end up somehwere though.

Raph12
08-16-2009, 12:18 PM

Well you are just confirming my points, 10ppg wouldn't make them studs and AI could double that production easy (making him your new franchise player lol), by career-ending surgeries I mean surgeries that players usually don't bounce back from which Tmac has had and Yao will have, good to know that you guys are aware you're starting over again, because alot of guys are talking about how the Rockets are legit contenders, good to know some of you are realists.

D-Will4Prez
08-16-2009, 01:30 PM
I think he would be good on the Mavs >.>

jakub
08-16-2009, 02:01 PM
nets

MajorFloridaFan
08-16-2009, 04:08 PM
knicks or the euroleague lol

ko8e24
08-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Team Name: Me, Myself, and Iverson (Skip Bayless lol)

AKA TheMamba
08-16-2009, 04:20 PM
NY..... don't know if DAntoni and Iverson will get along though....

nbaguy123
08-16-2009, 04:31 PM
i think he should go to the bobcats. reunite with larry brown and gives the offensivly challenged bobcats a scoring punch. he can also teach DJ agustine

IversonIsKrazy
08-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Heat. AI/Wade/Beasley/Haslem/JO
Bobcats: Felton/AI/G-Force/Diaw/Chandler
Philly: AI/Iggy/Thad/Brand/Dalembert

or NY for a 1 year deal so he can avg 25+ppg.

nba~GURU~
08-16-2009, 05:15 PM
i still think houstan is the best fit period

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 06:59 PM
i think he should go to the bobcats. reunite with larry brown and gives the offensivly challenged bobcats a scoring punch. he can also teach DJ agustine

Now let's be serious....

Legitimate
08-16-2009, 08:47 PM
That would be sweet if A.I signed with the knicks.

goose15
08-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Globetrotters

tland22
08-16-2009, 09:10 PM
LMFAO studs? Tmac and Yao are both as good as done, even if Tmac and Yao return they won't have anything left. Tmac is in his 30s now, Yao is turning 30 next season, both coming off career-ending injuries. The Rockets have a better chance to declare AI their new franchise player, he probably has more years left in him than Tmac and Yao combined and yes I know he's 34, but I also know that before Detroit he avged 26+ppg, 7+apg and 2+spg, which would be great stats for any franchise player, stats Tmac has failed to accomplish in Houston even while healthy. Not saying that AI to Houston would ever happen, just saying that Rockets fans need to get off their high-horse and understand they may have to start all over again.

Just foolish statements on so many levels.
:rolleyes:

TheMicrowave
08-16-2009, 09:37 PM

Maybe to sell a few more tickets, but it wouldn't make up for the contract AI signs. He would not make the Rockets much better and probably would ruin the chemistry of the younger guys and take away playing time. Overall I think it is a bad idea for the Rockets to get Iverson.

TheMicrowave
08-16-2009, 09:41 PM
He should go to a contending team to try and win a championship be willing to take a smaller role.

nba~GURU~
08-16-2009, 09:44 PM
He should go to a contending team to try and win a championship be willing to take a smaller role.

no contender would want him he needs the ball in his hands he needs to be the vocal point in the offensive end

OA SLAY
08-16-2009, 09:56 PM
La lakers

NBA-GMaster
08-16-2009, 10:11 PM
HOUSTON ROCKETS!!
C: Yao
Pf: Scola
Sf: McGrady
Sg: Iverson
Pg: Brooks

NBA-GMaster
08-16-2009, 10:16 PM
Bobcats,Knicks,Grizzlies,7Sixers,T-Wolves..

Nets,Kings and Thunder are not interested in Iverson..

NBA-GMaster
08-16-2009, 10:17 PM
BTW, Do the Rockets have 5 mil to sign AI??

PrettyBoyJ
08-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Bobcats.. They're in desperate need of a go to guy.. A.I. can feel those needs.. and take pressure off Gearld walace

nbaguy123
08-16-2009, 10:31 PM
bobcats for sure

DerekRE_3
08-16-2009, 11:12 PM
Bobcats.. They're in desperate need of a go to guy.. A.I. can feel those needs.. and take pressure off Gearld walace

For how desperate they are...they sure are showing a lot of interest by not offering him any kind of contract.

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 04:04 PM
BTW, Do the Rockets have 5 mil to sign AI??

no they used their mid level on trevor ariza

nba~GURU~
08-17-2009, 04:06 PM
thats why i was wondering if they had their bi annual to spend on signing him or if he could even be had at that price

heattiltheend94
08-17-2009, 04:26 PM
thas eazy the knicks of course

xbrackattackx
08-17-2009, 04:55 PM
Bobcats, Or Knicks for a one year.

broncofangene
08-17-2009, 05:16 PM
AND1 if its still around

Verbal Christ
08-17-2009, 05:29 PM

what the hell are you smoking? yao ming is one of the few 20/10 guys in the league, he's already working out in a gym and will be cleared for 2010, while i may not disagree with your hate for tmac (dont really like him either) he's just a taller version of AI at this point, both guys need to shoot a bunch to hit their stats, to say TMAC didnt have good stats in houston 'EVEN WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY' is really a stupid comment made without looking at the numbers, add to that he's a top 5 scoring average guy ALL TIME in the NBA playoffs (yes i know he's failed to advance) im just trying to educate you since you like to ride AI"s dick like an ATL strip whore. what high horse? any sane level headed fan involved in the houston forum is prepared for a bumpy ride, who is screaming playoffs? nobody i know, and by the way as soon as we can clear those 24 MILLION off the books we can go buy us a sexy FA next year, right about the time yao comes back to assume his throne as best center in the league. get your **** together before posting dude, you make yourself sound like a douche with no facts correct.

Verbal Christ
08-17-2009, 05:31 PM
no they used their mid level on trevor ariza

incorrect, they sure do have the bi-annual because they used the injured player exemption recieved when yao went down for all of next year to sign ariza

zamudio_jorge
08-17-2009, 05:44 PM
olimpyacos x)

Raph12
08-19-2009, 12:36 PM
Just foolish statements on so many levels.
:rolleyes:

And yet, you're speechless. Foolish statement indeed.

dick butane
08-19-2009, 12:39 PM
It depends on what role he is willing to play... a lot of teams could use him if he is willing to anchor the second unit as a sixth man... while not being too vocal about playing time... or the number of shots coach is allowing him.

THiiRTYONE
08-19-2009, 12:57 PM
bobcats, newyork

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 01:16 PM
Keepin it 100, Iverson is 2 good 4 he's potential Suitors !!!

Seriously the dude is a first ballot hall a famer that holds plenty of scoring titles and still can ball out til dis day... its sad to see some of his potential suitors.. i mean.. the Knicks (they didnt even make the playoffs).. Bobcats (LOL).. i mean 4real, dis is sad... and bad part is... he's waiting 4 them, 2 call him.. LOL... if anybody would of tried 2 tell me, dis would be taking place last year when the Answer arrived at The "ALMIGHTY" Pistons.... i would of slapp'd yo momma in the mouth... i kno other Iverson fans (Like Myself) never seen dis day coming... Iverson can only blame himself doe... would do u think of his Potential Suitors ??? is Iverson 2 good for them ??? or is he making his last go around...

HATER'S DONT REPLY...

FOBolous
08-19-2009, 01:21 PM
what?

MDfootball36
08-19-2009, 01:22 PM
uhh what

Lakeshowallday
08-19-2009, 01:27 PM
the heat, where him an wade can lose togeather. Then go clubbing after thier both camera happy, perfect situation. :clap:

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 01:29 PM

Seriously the dude is a first ballot hall a famer that holds plenty of scoring titles and still can ball out til dis day... its sad to see some of his potential suitors.. i mean.. the Knicks (they didnt even make the playoffs).. Bobcats (LOL).. i mean 4real, dis is sad... and bad part is... he's waiting 4 them, 2 call him.. LOL... if anybody would of tried 2 tell me, dis would be taking place last year when the Answer arrived at The "ALMIGHTY" Pistons.... i would of slapp'd yo momma in the mouth... i kno other Iverson fans (Like Myself) never seen dis day coming... Iverson can only blame himself doe... would do u think of his Potential Suitors ??? is Iverson 2 good for them ??? or is he making his last go around...

HATER'S DONT REPLY...

Could I get a few periods maybe some comma's?

Raph12
08-19-2009, 01:30 PM
what the hell are you smoking? yao ming is one of the few 20/10 guys in the league, he's already working out in a gym and will be cleared for 2010, while i may not disagree with your hate for tmac (dont really like him either) he's just a taller version of AI at this point, both guys need to shoot a bunch to hit their stats, to say TMAC didnt have good stats in houston 'EVEN WHEN HE WAS HEALTHY' is really a stupid comment made without looking at the numbers, add to that he's a top 5 scoring average guy ALL TIME in the NBA playoffs (yes i know he's failed to advance) im just trying to educate you since you like to ride AI"s dick like an ATL strip whore. what high horse? any sane level headed fan involved in the houston forum is prepared for a bumpy ride, who is screaming playoffs? nobody i know, and by the way as soon as we can clear those 24 MILLION off the books we can go buy us a sexy FA next year, right about the time yao comes back to assume his throne as best center in the league. get your **** together before posting dude, you make yourself sound like a douche with no facts correct.

Looking at the numbers, these are Tmac's stats in Houston:
2004-2005: 25.7ppg 6.2rpg 5.7apg 1.7spg 0.7bpg 43.1%FG 32.6%3PT 77.4%FT
2005-2006: 24.4ppg 6.5rpg 4.8apg 1.3spg 0.9bpg 40.6%FG 31.2%3PT 74.7%FT
2006-2007: 24.6ppg 5.3rpg 6.5apg 1.3spg 0.5bpg 43.1%FG 33.1%3PT 70.7%FT
2007-2008: 21.6ppg 5.1rpg 5.9apg 1.0spg 0.5bpg 41.9%FG 29.2%3PT 68.4%FT
2008-2009: 15.6ppg 4.4rpg 5.0apg 1.2spg 0.4bpg 38.8%FG 37.6%3PT 80.1%FT
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/tracy_mcgrady/career_stats.html
These are AI's stats for the last 5 years:
2004-2005: 30.7ppg 4.0rpg 7.9apg 2.4spg 0.1bpg 42.4%FG 30.8%3PT 83.5%FT
2005-2006: 33.0ppg 3.2rpg 7.4apg 1.9spg 0.1bpg 44.7%FG 32.3%3PT 81.4%FT
2006-2007: 24.8ppg 3.0rpg 7.2apg 2.2spg 0.2bpg 45.4%FG 34.7%3PT 75.9%FT
2007-2008: 26.4ppg 3.0rpg 7.1apg 2.0spg 0.3bpg 45.8%FG 34.5%3PT 80.9%FT
2008-2009: 17.4ppg 3.1rpg 4.9apg 1.6spg 0.1bpg 41.6%FG 28.6%3PT 78.6%FT
http://www.nba.com/playerfile/allen_iverson/career_stats.html
Now you can compare any of these past 5 seasons and AI ousts Tmac in almost every way. Tmac was healthy in the 2004-05, 2006-07 and most of the 2007-08 season and all three of those seasons pale in comparison to any of AI's pre-Detroit seasons.

Yes Tmac is ranked 4th in scoring in the playoffs, playing only 38 games and never making it past the 1st round (which I know you mentioned), but what you forgot to mention is that he is 4th to Michael Jordan, ALLEN IVERSON and Jerry West. AI is ranked 2nd on the playoff scoring list and 5th on the regular season scoring list (where Tmac ranks 27th).
http://www.nba.com/statistics/encyc/Player.jsp
http://www.nba.com/statistics/default_all_time_leaders/AllTimeLeadersPPGQuery.html?topic=4&stat=0

Tmac maybe taller, but in no way is he the same as AI now. Tmac is finished, showing he has nothing left this season, he'll be lucky to avg 15ppg next season, whereas AI will likely be dropping 20+ easy.

In regards to Yao Ming:
Tom Clanton (Rockets Team Physician) said this about Yao's injury: “At this point, the injury has the potential for him missing this next season and could be career threatening,”
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=aw-yaorockets062909
Yao is at risk for an extremely serious injury (possibly career-ending), so to believe he will bounce right back and "assume his throne as best center in the league" is just plain ignorant and silly. No way Yao will be the best center in the NBA ever again, not only because of his injury, but because Dwight is only 23, arguably already the best/2nd best center and still raw, only getting better and better, whilst Yao is on the speedy decline. Plus if Yao can't make a full turnaround then no big free agent will want to come to Houston in 2010, not saying they would even with Yao's return, but the Rockets should thank their gods if they can land AI for the year, this season the Rockets have nothing to look forward to and AI can atleast make the ride to 2010 and Yao's possible return entertaining.

Btw I backed everything I said up with solid facts so next time maybe you should "get your **** together before posting dude, you make yourself sound like a douche with no facts correct."

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 01:31 PM
sure Mom .. ,,

xbrackattackx
08-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Sorry I guess it's cool to look look ignorant. Way to "keep it trill doe'.

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
thanxxx

Jack Daniels
08-19-2009, 01:38 PM
I did not understand a word of this:confused::confused::confused:

Raph12
08-19-2009, 01:40 PM
No offence, but this is a lame thread, most people don't care where AI ends up. It will just end up the same way every AI thread does; AI HATERS VS AI FANS. Only people passionate about AI, whether the passion be positive or negative will have something to say. Can we just stop it with the AI threads people?

BoognishMN
08-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Who says that the written word is dying out, but seriously, I have no sympathy for Iverson. He could be a game changer for a contending team needing offense off the bench, but his ego is too big for that role, so he'll probably play in Memphis.

FlawlessKB24
08-19-2009, 01:42 PM
if he wasnt such a punk, he would have a team by now

iverson is just not a team player. let him go to Europe

Lakeshowallday
08-19-2009, 01:46 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I have to say more? Iverson to good for his suitors LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! Comedy

Jetsguy
08-19-2009, 01:48 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap: I needed a good laugh today:clap::clap::clap:

MPScribbles
08-19-2009, 01:50 PM
Stay in school, kids.

LayZbone
08-19-2009, 01:56 PM
les keep it wun hunded

OG "Dee" LOCc
08-19-2009, 02:00 PM
what is this i dont even

zamudio_jorge
08-19-2009, 02:02 PM
if it was as good as you say a team will sign him. nobody want him.

unwantedplayer
yus we understand wat joo r tawking about

KnicksPain
Stay in school, kids.

Unless you in da trap folk.

petski
08-19-2009, 02:05 PM
Homie should be hooked on phonics

Theanswer76
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
No offence, but this is a lame thread, most people don't care where AI ends up. It will just end up the same way every AI thread does; AI HATERS VS AI FANS. Only people passionate about AI, whether the passion be positive or negative will have something to say. Can we just stop it with the AI threads people?

I agree, your either an ai hater or an ai lover no other.

masalex1205
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
I was prepared to reply, then realized that I was uneligible due to the fact that I am a hater(z)

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 02:08 PM
Let my nutts go... Biaotch !!!

Unruly Fan
08-19-2009, 02:11 PM

HATER'S DONT REPLY...Thats what happens when you expect to take over a team. Most contenders already have a good PG so why ruin a good thing? Therefore given his attitude plus the fact that AI does not/ REFUSES to come off the bench would scare any team.

Also I dont think theres anything wrong with the Bobcats or even the Knicks for that matter. I dont know what he expects in terms of salary but possible senario: Say AI signs with the Knicks for 2 years. I assume that would increase their chances of enticing a proper big name player to go there in 2010 making them instant potential contenders.

OG "Dee" LOCc
08-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Let my nutts go... Biaotch !!!

My nutts go biaotch lets yet how hold one first place?

MTar786
08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
i think he'd be perfect for the rockets.
but if he wants inflated stats to look better than he really is then he should go to new york

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 03:09 PM
My nutts go biaotch lets yet how hold one first place?

babe locc.. let my nutts go..

2_Trill
08-19-2009, 03:11 PM
LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO I have to say more? Iverson to good for his suitors LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!! Comedy

we'll c who's laughing after next season.. chump..

nba~GURU~
08-19-2009, 03:49 PM
incorrect, they sure do have the bi-annual because they used the injured player exemption recieved when yao went down for all of next year to sign ariza

:S you just said i was incorrect regarding the midlevel buh u just mentioned the bi-annual which i already stated wasn't sure about that

JayW_1023
08-19-2009, 03:52 PM
the harlem globetrotters

nba~GURU~
08-19-2009, 03:55 PM

disagreed the question was not whether iverson is good or not it was speculation as to which team he would best fit.. the same can be said about any other name and it would not become a battle of fans vs. haters

Sportfan
08-19-2009, 04:09 PM
Knicks

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-19-2009, 10:37 PM
Miami
New Orleans
Philadelphia
Charlotte

Ace33Bone
08-20-2009, 10:07 AM
Alot of teams would love to have him as long as he isnt a cancer... No one can say the guy is not super talented but all the baggae that comes along with him is a deterrant

black1605
08-20-2009, 10:28 AM
the Knicks are out

Allen Iverson Tweeted he was close to a deal with a team, but a source said the Knicks "are not involved." -- Marc Berman

http://www.nypost.com/seven/08202009/sports/moresports/sports_shorts_185491.htm

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2009, 03:25 PM
Charlotte, NY, Miami.