PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: #7 seed (7 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
The poll for the 6th best record/6th seed is over in the East conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395762) - Atlantic Division

(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396028) - Southeast Division

(3) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396442) - Central Division

(4) Toronto (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396538) - Atlantic Division

(5) Atlanta (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397088) - Southeast Division

(6) Washington (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397452) - Southeast Division

J_M_B
08-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Miami. Chicago gets the 8th seed.

still1ballin
08-15-2009, 12:49 PM
detriot

MJ-BULLS
08-15-2009, 12:52 PM
Chicago Bulls

J_M_B
08-15-2009, 12:54 PM
I believe the standings will finish something like this Boston on top, with Orlando and Cleveland not far behind. Atlanta gets home court advantage in the 1st round with the 4th seed and square off against the Washington Wizards. 6th and 7th seed go to Miami and Toronto respectively. Chicago gets the 8th seed to round up the playoff seeding.

nba~GURU~
08-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Miami. Chicago gets the 8th seed.

:clap:
agreed

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 01:04 PM
Wade and the Heat are a known commodity.
This 2009 Bulls team is an unknown commodity.
I'm torn but I'll take the known over the unknown.
Just barely.

Suns313
08-15-2009, 01:23 PM
miami

JordansBulls
08-15-2009, 01:34 PM
Too bad Chicago and Miami didn't get the 4 and 5 seeds. That would be a great 1st round series.

fairandbalanced
08-15-2009, 01:35 PM
i know Miami is better than Toronto, atl and Washington, so much jealousy on this site

yanksknicksgmen
08-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Got to be the Pistons

IversonIsKrazy
08-15-2009, 02:06 PM
Pistons are a joke. I cant believe there actually getting a few votes, there not even going to make the playoffs, simple. I put my vote in for Bulls, Deng is has returned to replace BG7, and has gained 10-12 pounds of muscle. Rose has gotten stronger, and has worked on his shot. I have Bulls for 7th, and Miami is 8th.

THiiRTYONE
08-15-2009, 02:08 PM
LOL how did NY get 2 votes o.O

THiiRTYONE
08-15-2009, 02:09 PM
i know Miami is better than Toronto, atl and Washington, so much jealousy on this site

WHOAHH explain. im here to listen to this :clap:

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 02:15 PM

To borrow an expression from my good British friend, you, Sir, know **** all nothing. If you were half the expert you claim to be in your every droll and trite post, you'd have an NBA job and wouldn't have the time to "grace" us with your baseless and unfounded opinions.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-15-2009, 02:33 PM
Miami for sure. Chi town will get 8 though.

Wilson
08-15-2009, 02:35 PM
I'm guessing that Derrick Rose's growth from year one to two, and the return of Luol Deng will propel the Bulls to at least the seventh seed...

Legitimate
08-15-2009, 02:38 PM
Choose a team, then try figure out what is the best case scenerio that team will place, round that out with the worst case scenerio of what seed they'll get. Having that been said, best case scenerio (realistically) for Miami would be 4-5 seed, in the worst case they will be 8-9 seed. If I used this system to project Miami's seed, they are a 6-7 seeded team, lol..

Legitimate
08-15-2009, 02:44 PM
Bulls are 6 seed at best and 9 seed at worst IMO, which equals 7.5 barely even making the playoffs.

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Pistons are a joke. I cant believe there actually getting a few votes, there not even going to make the playoffs, simple. I put my vote in for Bulls, Deng is has returned to replace BG7, and has gained 10-12 pounds of muscle. Rose has gotten stronger, and has worked on his shot. I have Bulls for 7th, and Miami is 8th.

lol thats funny pistons will be the 4th or 5th seed

Toenail Clipper
08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Miami?!
NO!
shouldn't it be Pistons then Bulls?!

dsickich123
08-15-2009, 03:49 PM
chicago

MiamiHeat
08-15-2009, 03:54 PM

:laugh2:

:laugh:

jimbobjarree
08-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Chitown at 7 IMO, but if they get Booz though they are easily 4th seed at worst

Ethix11
08-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Remember Miami may make a push for Booz as well, thats the speculation around here after bringing in Richardson to an already clogged SF rotation. But suppose he stays with the Jazz, lets see how these teams compare.
PG - Bulls
SG - Heat
SF - Bulls
PF - Heat
C - Hmm, all i can say is, we had a choice between Brad Miller and JO, and we went with O'neal.
Bench - Slight edge Bulls. Still i gotta go with the team that has the Superstar though.
So my pick was the Heat. Chi town has Rose, but we have Beasley. Both future HOFs in my opinion. Any team with Boozer in it gets the nod.

J_M_B
08-15-2009, 04:18 PM
Miami?!
NO!
shouldn't it be Pistons then Bulls?!

uh no..the pistons aren't even a playoff team and Chicago is a clear 8th seed.

J_M_B
08-15-2009, 04:19 PM

Sorry to tell you, but it's the truth

NYYCowboys
08-15-2009, 04:38 PM
Knicks...don't be surprised if they're in the playoffs this year.

Mikeleafs
08-15-2009, 04:48 PM
How can it be Miami?!? They have no one outside of Wade!!

kingjames3403
08-15-2009, 04:56 PM
of detroit shicago and miami, all 3 will make the playoffs. toronto or washington will be out

DCSportsIsPain
08-15-2009, 05:03 PM
of detroit shicago and miami, all 3 will make the playoffs. toronto or washington will be out

How much money do you have to put on this? :eyebrow:

TDOTRAPS
08-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Thats what i'm saying, there no way in hell miiamo and chig or detroit will be better the tor and wash. WHO THE HELL DOES CHICAGO HAVE????? or mia other than wade. jo got older, and u guys have no marion/moon. chicago will be a lottery team this year if they dont land boozer and if they do they will be a 8th seed team at best. u guys lost your best scorer LOL gordan was the only reason u guys had a chance in the playoffs last year and u let him go.. i guarentee the bulls will be the worst out of tor,wash,mia,det. rose is still to young and can't play under pressure. sorry for bashing u guys but the comment was way way overratted. i say u bulls fans go hybernate for this season and hope for the best next year with the free agency lol.....

BullsNumber1Fan
08-15-2009, 05:33 PM
Thats what i'm saying, there no way in hell miiamo and chig or detroit will be better the tor and wash. WHO THE HELL DOES CHICAGO HAVE????? or mia other than wade. jo got older, and u guys have no marion/moon. chicago will be a lottery team this year if they dont land boozer and if they do they will be a 8th seed team at best. u guys lost your best scorer LOL gordan was the only reason u guys had a chance in the playoffs last year and u let him go.. i guarentee the bulls will be the worst out of tor,wash,mia,det. rose is still to young and can't play under pressure. sorry for bashing u guys but the comment was way way overratted. i say u bulls fans go hybernate for this season and hope for the best next year with the free agency lol.....

:laugh:And who are the Raptors? A team that won 33 games and replaced Marion, Parker, Pops, Delfino with Turkoglu, Derozan, Jack, Nesterovich. They didn't really get better at all. They made lateral moves that didn't help their weakness...DEFENSE. They have the SOFTEST defense in the league and will be lucky to not be a bottom 3 defense with Phoenix and New York. Rose is going into his 2nd season where stars see their biggest jump and will have Deng back along with the improvements of Joakim Noah(averaged 10 PPG/13 RPG/2 BPG in playoffs) and Tyrus Thomas(averaged 10 PPG/6 RPG/3 BPG in playoffs). That along with getting Hinrich healthy for the whole year and Salmons and Miller being here for the whole year. Ben Gordon was not a HUGE loss like everyone is saying because Salmons can do almost as much as Gordon on offense with better defense. Also, the Miami Heat will have an improved Beasley, Chalmers, Wright, Cook. Along with Wade, Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal.

And don't say the Raptors won 33 games last year because of injuries because EVERY team has injuries. I will give you examples:

Boston - Kevin Garnett
Orlando - Jameer Nelson
Miami - Udonis Haslem
Philadelphia - Elton Brand
Chicago - Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich
Detroit - Allen Iverson

Those are the PLAYOFF teams in the East that OVERCAME injuries to make the playoffs unlike the Raptors. I would take the Hawks, Heat, Bulls and hell even the Wizards before I take the Raptors. The Raptors will be lucky to make the 7th or 8th seed and you guys voted them as the 4th seed.:laugh:

Jays Claw
08-15-2009, 05:39 PM
The Miami Heat.

fairandbalanced
08-15-2009, 06:18 PM
:laugh:And who are the Raptors? A team that won 33 games and replaced Marion, Parker, Pops, Delfino with Turkoglu, Derozan, Jack, Nesterovich. They didn't really get better at all. They made lateral moves that didn't help their weakness...DEFENSE. They have the SOFTEST defense in the league and will be lucky to not be a bottom 3 defense with Phoenix and New York. Rose is going into his 2nd season where stars see their biggest jump and will have Deng back along with the improvements of Joakim Noah(averaged 10 PPG/13 RPG/2 BPG in playoffs) and Tyrus Thomas(averaged 10 PPG/6 RPG/3 BPG in playoffs). That along with getting Hinrich healthy for the whole year and Salmons and Miller being here for the whole year. Ben Gordon was not a HUGE loss like everyone is saying because Salmons can do almost as much as Gordon on offense with better defense. Also, the Miami Heat will have an improved Beasley, Chalmers, Wright, Cook. Along with Wade, Haslem, Jermaine O'Neal.

And don't say the Raptors won 33 games last year because of injuries because EVERY team has injuries. I will give you examples:

Boston - Kevin Garnett
Orlando - Jameer Nelson
Miami - Udonis Haslem
Detroit - Allen Iverson

Those are the PLAYOFF teams in the East that OVERCAME injuries to make the playoffs unlike the Raptors. I would take the Hawks, Heat, Bulls and hell even the Wizards before I take the Raptors. The Raptors will be lucky to make the 7th or 8th seed and you guys voted them as the 4th seed.:laugh:

TY....so many people on here lack basic bball knowledge. How can anyone in their right mind rank Washington ahead of Miami, with such an horrible front-court? guess Mike Miller, Jamison, Butler and Arenas will dominate the paint. :confused:

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 06:32 PM
uh no..the pistons aren't even a playoff team and Chicago is a clear 8th seed.
Pistons will make the playoffs anywhere from 4 to 8

1.) Boston
2.) Orlando
3.) Cleveland
4.) Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly/Chicago
5.) Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly/Chicago
6.) Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly/Chicago
7.) Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly/Chicago
8.) Atlanta/Miami/Detroit/Philly/Chicago

scully8743
08-15-2009, 06:35 PM
Ben Gordon

TDOTRAPS
08-15-2009, 06:45 PM

Boston - Kevin Garnett
Orlando - Jameer Nelson
Miami - Udonis Haslem
Detroit - Allen Iverson

OMG LMAO... we never had delfino, and parker and marion were past their prime. We now have the turks who LED orlando to a east conference championship last year, we got indiana starting pg as OUR BACK UP, dallas starting sg as OUR BACK UP, bellini,evans, and pops will most likely be returning so we basically got rid of the players that are over the hill for players entering their prime... Do you honestly think that the bulls will be better than the raps this year. i mean our bench could give your starters trouble lol not to mention bosh is playin a contract year and andrea is looking a lot more like a all star. who on your team can stop our three big men turk,bosh,bargs?? u guys would get eating alive. u guys have NO OFFENSE what so ever. our defense isn't as good as your but it doesn't have to be considering all we have to do is cover "the magnicficant rose". whos gonna score when he's on the bench? we have 4 guys who can put up 20+ easily on any given night.. u have 1.. cant wait for the season to start

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 06:53 PM
OMG LMAO... we never had delfino, [

Delfino played all 82 games in 07-08

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/stats?playerId=1999

Wilson
08-15-2009, 06:58 PM
I look at Chicago as a poor man's Denver Nuggets. Great PG, good scoring punch and defense on the wing, hustle and experience in the front court. If they can land an inside scoring punch somehow, they could be a great team.

TDOTRAPS
08-15-2009, 06:59 PM
are u kidding me lmao
delfino was playin in europe last year idiot

TDOTRAPS
08-15-2009, 07:00 PM
look at it again it says 07-08..how are u gonna bring out false evidence lol

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 07:05 PM
look at it again it says 07-08..how are u gonna bring out false evidence lol

oh ya whoops, but you said never

TDOTRAPS
08-15-2009, 07:09 PM
lol so what we were talking about last season but its all good :)

UofA
08-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Chicago, Miami at 8

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 07:11 PM
lol so what we were talking about last season but its all good :)

lol :)

HiphopRelated
08-15-2009, 07:36 PM
Miami, no way in hell is Chicago better.

MackSnackWrap
08-15-2009, 07:40 PM
Detroit for sure deserves this 7th seed or higher they are going to be a surprise team next year

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 08:00 PM
Detroit for sure deserves this 7th seed or higher they are going to be a surprise team next year

:clap::clap::clap:

Kakaroach
08-15-2009, 08:46 PM
Miami Heat.

samus
08-15-2009, 09:18 PM
bulls got worse, ben gordon led that team

pistons need a frontcourt

miami 2nd best player is q-rich s were f'ed at the moment
but i reckon a trades a brewing

atm i wud go pistons then im sure heat and bulls will battle it out

MiamiHeat
08-15-2009, 09:27 PM
bulls got worse, ben gordon led that team

pistons need a frontcourt

miami 2nd best player is q-rich s were f'ed at the moment
but i reckon a trades a brewing

atm i wud go pistons then im sure heat and bulls will battle it out
:pity:
we have a player named Michae Beasley, he will improved from his rookie year and will get a lot more minutes

:laugh2: @ you saying q-rich is our 2nd best player

FlakeyFool
08-15-2009, 09:47 PM
miami has that 22 million dollar guy on their team aswell

Raph12
08-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Bulls 7th with Rose's improvement, Heat 8th with Beasley's slight improvement, Detroits sorry but you get the 9th seed, maybe 10th if Elton Brand can bounce back.

MiamiHeat
08-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Bulls 7th with Rose's improvement, Heat 8th with Beasley's slight improvement, Detroits sorry but you get the 9th seed, maybe 10th if Elton Brand can bounce back.

:laugh2:
yeah but Miami has Wade and Bulls don't

DetroitRipCity
08-15-2009, 11:08 PM
^ you know who else the bulls dont have Ben Gordon

tbo41fan
08-15-2009, 11:11 PM
OMG LMAO... we never had delfino, and parker and marion were past their prime. We now have the turks who LED orlando to a east conference championship last year, we got indiana starting pg as OUR BACK UP, dallas starting sg as OUR BACK UP, bellini,evans, and pops will most likely be returning so we basically got rid of the players that are over the hill for players entering their prime... Do you honestly think that the bulls will be better than the raps this year. i mean our bench could give your starters trouble lol not to mention bosh is playin a contract year and andrea is looking a lot more like a all star. who on your team can stop our three big men turk,bosh,bargs?? u guys would get eating alive. u guys have NO OFFENSE what so ever. our defense isn't as good as your but it doesn't have to be considering all we have to do is cover "the magnicficant rose". whos gonna score when he's on the bench? we have 4 guys who can put up 20+ easily on any given night.. u have 1.. cant wait for the season to start

Dwight Howard anyone?

Boston
Orlando
Cleveland
Atl
Chicago
Washington (if healthy)
Miami
Detroit

If Deng plays like he did before, the Bulls will get the 5th seed...If not, they will fight for 7-8

Raptors made alot of lateral movements and have horrible defense...Detroit doesnt have much D either but their offense is much better than Toronto

tbo41fan
08-15-2009, 11:12 PM
^ you know who else the bulls dont have Ben Gordon

You know what the Pistons dont have? Defense...:eyebrow:

yanksknicksgmen
08-16-2009, 12:16 AM
I dont agree with this mine is

Celtics
Magic
Cavs
Hawks
Pistons
Raptors
Wizards
Heat

nyyankees09
08-16-2009, 01:03 AM
No way Pistons don't make playoffs.

JordansBulls
08-16-2009, 01:12 AM

Bulls were 7th last year and this with a rookie Rose.

sixer04fan
08-16-2009, 01:19 AM
Brand will be a beast this year. Watch for him and Iguodala to lead the sixers into the playoffs!

lakerboy
08-16-2009, 03:34 AM
Philadelphia. I think they are the biggest sleeper in the playoffs. They can go as high as #4 if they figure out the whole Elton Brand situation.

todu82
08-16-2009, 07:47 AM
Miami

daleja424
08-16-2009, 11:11 AM
Bulls were 7th last year and this with a rookie Rose.

and Miami was 5th last year with an injured JO and two rookies in the rotation. Miami didnt make any moves this summer but Chcago did, they lost their best and most clutch player (scorer). So tell me how Chicago leap frogs Miami when all Chi-town has done this offseason is lose talent?

FlakeyFool
08-16-2009, 12:04 PM
JO blows

daleja424
08-16-2009, 12:27 PM
JO blows

...he's better then Miller and or Noah...

daleja424
08-16-2009, 12:28 PM
Beasley is better then Thomas

daleja424
and Miami has arguably the best player in the league...

daleja424
whats not to get? The Bulls are not as good as miami...

GodsSon
08-16-2009, 12:38 PM
Both teams really did nothing this off-season so it's hard to gauge their success this season, but considering the Bulls havent replaced BG's scoring prowess, i'll go with the Heat...barely

J_M_B
08-16-2009, 12:51 PM
Chicago hasn't improved this off season. They have lost talent instead. They failed to resign their best scorer and haven't acquire any talent to replaced him. They do have a young core of players that will continue to improve with time (Rose, Deng, Noah, Thomas), but will not be enough to compete against other improving teams in the east.

Miami was the 5th seed a season ago, but most likely fall to the 6th or 7th seed. They should have a better year this up coming season. Their young core of players will improve with another year under their belt (Beasley, Chalmers, Cook). Jermaine O'Neal has been working with trainer Tim Grover. Who has been helping him this off season in Chicago to get back to all star caliber form. If all goes well, he should be a top 3 center in the east. Miami also has arguably the best player in the world in Dwyane Wade. The Heat also added veteran Quentin Richardson.

Both teams are the favorites to acquire Carlos Boozer from the Utah Jazz. Which ever team does would automatically be the 4th or 5th seed.

Though as of right now, Miami is the better team which earns them the 7th seed. Chicago beats out Phildelaphia and Detroit for the 8th seed

PrettyBoyJ
08-16-2009, 12:55 PM
7th and 8th Is up for Grabs depending on what team can make a blockbuster trade before the trade deadline.. If not Miami 7th Bulls 8th

yanksknicksgmen
08-16-2009, 01:34 PM
Chicago got worse this offseason they lost there top scorer. Pistons added Ben gordon anc Charlie Viluneva