PDA

View Full Version : If Marbury and Iverson were on the same team..

Toenail Clipper
08-15-2009, 12:14 PM
What would happen? They are both unrestricted free agents this off season and there's a possibility that both might go to a team that needs star veteran leadership, even though most people consider them as jokes because of their attitudes. Is it gonna be a ball-hogging situation or what?

NYKnickFanatic
08-15-2009, 12:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZ6XWY8YwDQ

Sports Illustrator
08-15-2009, 12:19 PM
It would end up being exactly like the situation in NY with Stephon Marbury and Steve Francis a few years ago.

PJAF
08-15-2009, 12:32 PM
I don't think anyone is going to take a chance on Steph. You can't compare Francis with Iverson. And Steph and AI on the same team would be disastrous.

Sports Illustrator
08-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't think anyone is going to take a chance on Steph. You can't compare Francis with Iverson. And Steph and AI on the same team would be disastrous.

In regards to Iverson and Francis always wanting the ball, yes they are the same way. However, as player they are far away from each other in the sense that Allen Iverson always was 100 times better than Steve Francis was. The point is that it'll end up being a disaster.

Lakers4ItAll
08-15-2009, 12:47 PM
I don't know why everyone is so down on Marbury, he didn't damage the Celtics last season so what makes you people think he would destroy any other team? I think with the right group of guys and coaches he would be fine. Hell I would take Marbury over Farmar as a backup PG anyday

Toenail Clipper
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
I don't know why everyone is so down on Marbury, he didn't damage the Celtics last season so what makes you people think he would destroy any other team? I think with the right group of guys and coaches he would be fine. Hell I would take Marbury over Farmar as a backup PG anyday

well said, but Brown is the backup PG
:D

Lakers4ItAll
08-15-2009, 01:23 PM

Either way I would still rather have Marbury. Lakers could sign Marbury for cheap then trade Sasha or Farmar + Morrison or Luke for a good big

lakers4sho
08-15-2009, 01:25 PM

and I'll take Brown over Iverson as a backup PG

Raph12
08-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Nothing good can come of that pairing, Steph is done, period. AI may have a year or two left, but putting him beside another me-first guard is silly. Bad idea, never gonna happen.

Btw AI and Francis can't be compared, despite their similar size, AI is better than him in every single way.

ko8e24
08-15-2009, 02:37 PM
The Answer + Starbury=DYNASTY

lol

blastmasta26
08-16-2009, 12:34 AM
He DID damage the Celtics. Just by signing him, the Celtics were exposed to bad luck, which made KG unable to return to the playoffs. As a result, the Celtics were screwed. That's why you don't sign Marbury.

ZebraCity916
08-16-2009, 12:41 AM
If they were on the same team that team would end up being the NBA's sideshow.

madiaz3
08-16-2009, 12:50 AM
The new Walt Clyde and Earl The Pearl guard combo.

MSG34
08-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Marbury and Francis was bad enough. Marbury and Iverson would be slightly better but really bad never the less.

drobe86
08-16-2009, 12:56 AM
Whatever team they were on would lose 80 percent of their games.... 2 washed up bums that no one wants anymore

vash9
08-16-2009, 01:05 AM
they'd probably fight every game. and by fight, most likely for stats and possibly fist fights.

Daze9900
08-16-2009, 01:27 AM
Iverson and Marbury could work. I think I remember them together on the last all-star game the East was able to win. I know that was a few years ago but anytime you put players together that can break down a defense on their own it puts pressure on the opposing team because it reduces their double teaming options. It could work but because of their off the court antics nobody would want to pair them up and take that risk. If they did that they could just sign michael vick to play small forward, Jayson I shot my limo driver williams to play center and you have a nice team.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
08-16-2009, 04:35 AM
Iverson+Starbury+Zeke=Dynasty

DitchDat
08-16-2009, 06:59 AM
weren't they on Team USA together? The team that won bronze?

DitchDat
08-16-2009, 07:09 AM
Iverson and Marbury could work. I think I remember them together on the last all-star game the East was able to win. I know that was a few years ago but anytime you put players together that can break down a defense on their own it puts pressure on the opposing team because it reduces their double teaming options. It could work but because of their off the court antics nobody would want to pair them up and take that risk. If they did that they could just sign michael vick to play small forward, Jayson I shot my limo driver williams to play center and you have a nice team.

or Eddy "sexual favors asker from limo drivers" Curry

NBA All-Crime Team

nbaguy123
08-16-2009, 04:39 PM
oh my gosh. marbury and iverson on the same team. thats just absurd, if i were the owner i would sell the team

Hawkeye15
08-16-2009, 04:43 PM
THey will both land with contenders. Its still early, plus they are both getting to the stage that they may prefer to do nothing until late training camp, cause neither likes participating that anyways.

JOSKOMANG4
08-16-2009, 11:26 PM
Marbury & Iverson would be similar to when the knicks had both Marbury and Stevie Francis.. both are shooting guards that crave the rock.. Overal.. it'll never work out...

I wouldn't mind seeing Iverson in OKC to be quite honest. Iverson can be a leading vet for rookie James Harden.

If OKC can grab Iverson and possibly work on a sign & Trade with the Knicks to get David Lee.. I say playoffs is a possibility.