PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports: Top 10 Shooters in the NBA

Lakersfan2483
08-14-2009, 07:13 PM
Fox Sports has unveiled their list of the top 10 shooters in the NBA. An explanation is given as to why each player was selected at each different spot. Discuss.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory?contentId=9900238#sport=NBA&photo=9899118

Here is the List:

1. Steve Nash
2. Ray Allen
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Dirk Nowitzki
5. Ben Gordon
6. Kevin Durant
7. Yao Ming
8. Jose Calderon
9. Pau Gasol
10. Mo Williams

kurivaimu
08-14-2009, 07:20 PM
Steve Nash over Ray Allen?
and..cmon.. Kobe..he is a good shooter..but..not 3rd. cmon..hes not a spot-on shooter..hes a streaky shooter..
cmon..gimme a break
that list is bs

Toenail Clipper
08-14-2009, 07:33 PM
and..cmon.. Kobe..he is a good shooter..but..not 3rd. cmon..hes not a spot-on shooter..hes a streaky shooter..
cmon..gimme a break
that list is bs

Steve Nash has high shooting percentage, duh

madiaz3
08-14-2009, 07:34 PM
cmon..gimme a break
that list is bs

LOL, the article lost credibility before I even saw the top 3, I basically laughed out loud when I saw Mo Williams at #10.

sugarrayray
08-14-2009, 07:39 PM
stupid list. sorry, ray allen is just the best without any question

DCSportsIsPain
08-14-2009, 07:47 PM
stupid list. sorry, ray allen is just the best without any question

Really? Nash has gone 50% / 40% / 90% three consecutive seasons.
He is the ONLY player in the history of the NBA to do it.

Don't get me wrong. Allen has the best stroke in the game. It's the shot coaches try to teach players. Anyone who disagrees doesn't watch enough basketball to comment.

So, I could have agreed with either being first but it is not without question.

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 07:49 PM
good to see calderon on that list

mo williams....:confused:

IRUAM #21
08-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Fail

mavwar53
08-14-2009, 07:51 PM
This is not a list of shooters, mo and gordon should definitely not be on here they are great when they are hot and terrible when they are cold, that is not a shooter unless just jacking shots up is what they mean

magichatnumber9
08-14-2009, 07:53 PM
If Steve Nash is the best shooter in the league then he is playing out of position. But I'm old school

Hawkeye15
08-14-2009, 07:55 PM
fox sports is ridiculous.

cantstopthee
08-14-2009, 08:07 PM
good pick, hes lights out ive always thought high of nash

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 08:11 PM
for a two time MVP, nash never gets respect

SpeedReed
08-14-2009, 08:13 PM
If Steve Nash is the best shooter in the league then he is playing out of position. But I'm old school

except for the fact that he's 6'2" and the best passer/facilitator in the league. he's a PG.

it would be fun to watch him try and defend kobe bryant though.

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
except for the fact that he's 6'2" and the best passer/facilitator in the league. he's a PG.

it would be fun to watch him try and defend kobe bryant though.

he would get demolished. Hes not very good at defense lol

FOBolous
08-14-2009, 08:14 PM
what's wrong with Nash at #1? he shoots an amazing percentage...whenever i watch him play, it seems like every shot he takes goes in. I think his shooting skills to part of the reason why he's such a good PG....not only do you have you always have a man on him, he draws defenders also when he drives thus creating open shots for his teammates....he not only have the ability to find the open man, he has the ability to create offensive opportunities.

but yeea...ray allen at #1? please. he has a great form but he's not nearly as good of a shooter as he was. he gone cold so much and went through so many slumps last season it's not even funny.

BUCSFORLIFE123
08-14-2009, 08:16 PM
ive always said that nash has the shooting stroke in teh nba, which translate to how well he can shooot. whenever i watch them play, sometimes iwonder why he doesnt take more shots rather than passing cuz he can shoot better than any1 else on his team, and usually when he has to make a clutch shot, it goes in. i remember games vs the spurs, everytime nash had the ball wit 2 min left in teh 4th, id get jittery b/c i kno he can hit any shot he wants

the list seems pretty good, i like how they put in yao ming . mo williams and pau got me scratchin my head. i kno theyre good, but really? top 10? i can honestly say either amare or KG are better jump shooters than pau

if people are saying that kobe is a streaky shooter, look at ray allen, hes the exact same if u wanna call kobe a streaky shooter. + the fact ray allen cant get a open shot himself, kobe actually does, and still shoots a pretty good % with playrs on his face. if hes open all teh time like ray allen , his % would be alot higher than allen's already when all he does is stand at a corner and wait for rondo to dish it out to him
i kno theres alot of kobe haters, i myself dont like the lakers, but i admire kobe b/c how good of a shooter he is, and if youre going to say that ray allen?! is a better shooter than kobe.. wow

id also take dirk over ray allen anyday, ray's pretty overrated, in that he cant create shots by himself , thats just my opinion

MackSnackWrap
08-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Jason kapono?

Red Hot Rolllin
08-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Rudy Fernandez hit more threes than any rookie in history of NBA wait til next year. Rudy Rudy Rudy!!!

NYtilIdie
08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
This is old had like a 4 page thread about this

TDOTRAPS
08-14-2009, 09:27 PM
Finally Calderon gets some regonition

TDOTRAPS
08-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Rudy Fernandez hit more threes than any rookie in history of NBA wait til next year. Rudy Rudy Rudy!!!

give me a break with friggin rudy how old is he??? 24-25 the guy ain't no rookie he's been playing basketball for years, in about 5 years he'll be out of his prime. Thats six years in the nba and your already out of your prime??? dont get me wrong i love rudy he brings a lot of passion BUT he does come off the bench and play second string players AND it was only for one season. We all know he's on the radar now for the other teams players will focus a lot more on him this year. Rudy's shooting percentage will go down this year (mainly 3-point)

samus
08-14-2009, 09:45 PM
vujacic lol

Kakaroach
08-14-2009, 11:41 PM
This list is a fail.

KnicksR4Real
08-14-2009, 11:48 PM
this all sucks

danillo gallinari is a great one too

Raoul Duke
08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
There are a lot of great shooters not on that list, but it seems (mostly)ok to me. Maybe I'm being a homer here, but I think Rip Hamilton should be on there.