PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: #6 seed (6 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-14-2009, 03:03 PM
The poll for the 5th best record/5th seed is over in the East conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395762) - Atlantic Division

(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396028) - Southeast Division

(3) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396442) - Central Division

(4) Toronto (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396538) - Atlantic Division

(5) Atlanta (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=397088) - Southeast Division

Jays Claw
08-14-2009, 03:15 PM
It has to be the Washington Wizards.

IversonIsKrazy
08-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Gotta go with the Wiz here, but I have a feeling BUlls might win this poll.

daleja424
08-14-2009, 03:25 PM
people are wayyy to quick to name teams like the Wiz and Raps good. These teams were TERRIBLE last year. Sure they will be better this year... but you guys are severly overrating the moves they made.

jimbobjarree
08-14-2009, 03:28 PM
Wizards

TO Rapz
08-14-2009, 03:32 PM
if they play the way projected...the Wiz

LanceUpperCut
08-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Da Wiz, I do think the Bobcats are underated to.

dre1990
08-14-2009, 03:50 PM
Detroit

DCSportsIsPain
08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
people are wayyy to quick to name teams like the Wiz and Raps good. These teams were TERRIBLE last year. Sure they will be better this year... but you guys are severly overrating the moves they made.

The Wizards only move was to get back four of their five starters from injuries.
When any team loses four starters to injuries, it is going to suffer. When three of those players are former All-Stars, it is even more of a loss. The Wizards should double their win total from last season without even trying.
Antawn Jamison was the only Wizards starter to play in more than 70 games last season. Add to that the combined 26 PPG of Randy Foye and Mike Miller and there is no way anyone should be overlooking the Wizards this season.

The Raptors weren't nearly as bad as the Wizards last season and they haven't gotten any worse, probably a little better. They also had injuries and have upgraded their roster.

Define "over-rating" and get back to me because expecting both teams to be several games above .500 this season is not unrealistic.

Ace33Bone
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
With Agent 0 back in the mix they should be able to secure the #6 spot

daleja424
08-14-2009, 04:03 PM
The Wizards only move was to get back four of their five starters from injuries.
When any team loses four starters to injuries, it is going to suffer. When three of those players are former All-Stars, it is even more of a loss. The Wizards should double their win total from last season without even trying.
Antawn Jamison was the only Wizards starter to play in more than 70 games last season. Add to that the combined 26 PPG of Randy Foye and Mike Miller and there is no way anyone should be overlooking the Wizards this season.

The Raptors weren't nearly as bad as the Wizards last season and they haven't gotten any worse, probably a little better. They also had injuries and have upgraded their roster.

Define "over-rating" and get back to me because expecting both teams to be several games above .500 this season is not unrealistic.

Caron and Jamison rexcellent 3rd options on a good team. Miller and Foye are solid 6th men on a good team. Arenas has played in 15 games over the past 2 years and has been HORRIBLE in them. To assume that this team is all the sudden going to maximize on their talent after failing to do so now for years is CRAZY.

Toronto has improved on paper... but not by 20 games...

These teams are both playoff teams...but more like 6-8 seeds not 4-6 seeds...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2009, 04:06 PM
The Hawks should be 4.

They have the best 3 man guard rotation in Johnson, Crawford and Bibby. They have 2 solid front court players in Smith and Horford. They have 3-4 good role players.

daleja424
08-14-2009, 04:07 PM

Yes it is! There is no way both the Raps, Hawks, and Wiz are all SEVERAL games over .500 with the way the eastern conference has improved. NO CHANCE

Fireworld
08-14-2009, 04:07 PM
Detroit

daleja424
08-14-2009, 04:08 PM
The Hawks should be 4.

They have the best 3 man guard rotation in Johnson, Crawford and Bibby. They have 2 solid front court players in Smith and Horford. They have 3-4 good role players.

x2... id have ATL at 4... then the Heat or Wiz....then the Raps at 7 and Chicago at 8...

daleja424
08-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Look at most of the top teams... They have a go to primetime player.... Pierce, James, Johnson, Wade, Arenas... Toronto doesnt have that clutch carry your team to victory player

clutchski
08-14-2009, 04:11 PM
it's funny that we're still talking about toronto :D

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2009, 04:18 PM
Look at most of the top teams... They have a go to primetime player.... Pierce, James, Johnson, Wade, Arenas... Toronto doesnt have that clutch carry your team to victory player

Even though I think Toronto shouldn't be 4, We just got Turkoglu who is pretty clutch the last couple of years. He was the Magic's 4th quarter guy most of the seasons he was there in Orlando.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2009, 04:21 PM
x2... id have ATL at 4... then the Heat or Wiz....then the Raps at 7 and Chicago at 8...

I would have Raptors at 5 though.

I might sound like a homer but do we really know if Arenas is back? The Wizards are nothing without Arenas.

For Miami, they only got Richardson for Blount. Solid trade but just like last year, O'neal can have another tragic injury.

Reddd
08-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Wiz, when healthy is at least #6

Reddd
08-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Either one, Philly, Chicago or Miami is going to fall short
tough one IMO:confused:, honestly

jimm120
08-14-2009, 04:48 PM
New York should grab the 8th spot.

IMO, I don't think the Wizards will do well. Arenas won't be the same, Jamison is done, and Butler is just a weak #2 or an ok #3. I think they'll falter.

I feel the #6 seed should go to the Heat.

#7 to some other team

#8 to the Knicks.

Mane
08-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Caron and Jamison rexcellent 3rd options on a good team. Miller and Foye are solid 6th men on a good team. Arenas has played in 15 games over the past 2 years and has been HORRIBLE in them. To assume that this team is all the sudden going to maximize on their talent after failing to do so now for years is CRAZY.

Did you watch the games, or are you just saying that because you don't actually know how he did? (He played well in all of them...)

Mane
08-14-2009, 04:52 PM

Bosh is a pretty reliable player to carry a team.. I mean i'd rather have a wingman or guard carrying my team, but Bosh is surrounded by enough talent to get Toronto a 4 or 5.

J_M_B
08-14-2009, 05:04 PM
I think when it's all said and done that the standings will look something like this Boston on top followed by Orlando and Cleveland. The 4th seed goes to the Hawks, followed by Washington and Miami in that order. Toronto and Chicago round up the remaining two playoff spots. Philadelphia, Charlotte, and Detroit fall short by a couple of games.

daleja424
08-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Did you watch the games, or are you just saying that because you don't actually know how he did? (He played well in all of them...)

over the past two years he has a fg% below 38 and 3-pt% below 29... THERE IS NOthing good about a volume scorer/shooter who shoots in the 30's percentage wise. Think AGAIN!

lorenz00
08-14-2009, 05:13 PM
Miami cant go wrong with wade, Washington assuming there healthy, coin flip between pistons,Bulls,.... maybe bobcats on the mix

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 05:29 PM

Hedo? Did you not watch the NBA playoffs at all?

another failed post by daleja424

clutchski
08-14-2009, 05:31 PM
4) Atl
5) Toronto/Wiz
6) Wiz/Toronto
7) Mia
8) Phi/Cha/Chi

daleja424
08-14-2009, 05:35 PM
Hedo? Did you not watch the NBA playoffs at all?

another failed post by daleja424

are you a flippin moron? I dont care what the hell Hedo did in the playoffs...it was NO WHERE close to the things the guys i mentioned can do.

GTFO if you think Hedo is even half the player of Wade, Pierce, Lebron, etc

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 05:37 PM
are you a flippin moron? I dont care what the hell Hedo did in the playoffs...it was NO WHERE close to the things the guys i mentioned can do.

GTFO if you think Hedo is even half the player of Wade, Pierce, Lebron, etc

LoL, I don't think Hedo is the same as wade,lebron,kobe

but I do think he is clutch

daleja424
08-14-2009, 05:38 PM
LoL, I don't think Hedo is the same as wade,lebron,kobe

but I do think he is clutch

again...not even close to the same level of clutch as wade, lebron, or pierce. Which is excatly what I said...

If you can't read then don't respond

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 05:39 PM
again...not even close to the same level of clutch as wade, lebron, or pierce. Which is excatly what I said...

If you can't read then don't respond

another post that makes me lol

keep em coming bud

todu82
08-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Miami

bbcmillionaire
08-14-2009, 06:07 PM
u know what ive had it with all this BS!!! toronto got better, but they wasn't in the playoffs, the wizards are a ? the bulls lost ben gordon but we got deng back(scoring averages are similar, and loul has wayyy better defense) sure ben gordon was a true scorer but we drop off that bad? gtfo here. ill pick the bulls for the future and now over the raps and wiz anyday despite the wizards having 3 stars(or players that been to the allstar game) and still cant make the playoffs and the raptors who got hedo and think they are a top team. our bench is tops and add pargo to the mix and we only get better with a former rookie of the year and a solid rookie this year

JordansBulls
08-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Bulls are getting underrated.

D1JM
08-14-2009, 06:36 PM
bulls are going to be the higher than the 8th seed.

DCSportsIsPain
08-14-2009, 06:37 PM
Bulls are getting underrated.

This is going to be a fun season seeing as how every seed from 3 through 8 is open in the East. I'm not wishing it on anyone, especially after last season with my Wizards, but injuries to key players change everything. So many teams are even or close in talent level that the final standing may very well come down to who stays healthy, as opposed to who is more talented.

jwn0303
08-14-2009, 07:01 PM
LOLOLOLOLOLOL@ the guy that said Caron Butler was a weak #2 or an average #3.. you sir are ignorant

Toenail Clipper
08-14-2009, 07:04 PM
Atlanta is not better than Washington. WTF

jwn0303
08-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Atlanta is not better than Washington. WTF

and Atlanta is better than Washington.. I'm biased.. but it's the truth

People vastly underrate what Jamal Crawford will do to our bench.. a 4 guard rotation of Bibby/Teague/Johnson/Crawford.. with Smith/Williams/Horford down low

sure.. we don't have a true center.. but the athleticism of the team can make up for that

DCSportsIsPain
08-14-2009, 07:22 PM
New York should grab the 8th spot.

IMO, I don't think the Wizards will do well. Arenas won't be the same, Jamison is done, and Butler is just a weak #2 or an ok #3. I think they'll falter.

I feel the #6 seed should go to the Heat.

#7 to some other team

#8 to the Knicks.

Arenas posted 13 PPG and 10 APG in two games last season. He won't be the same because he will play far more than two games this season.

Jamison put up 22 PPG and 9 RPG in 81 games last season. He posted 38 double-doubles, which tied him with Yao Ming and put him one ahead of Pau Gasol. He's 6'9" playing power forward and he is doing what Gasol and Ming are doing. He tied Carmelo Anthony in PAR at 33. He's done?

Butler averaged 20 PPG, 6 RPG and 4 APG, which tied him with Amare Stoudemire last season for PAR at 31, putting him ahead of Paul Pierce, who had a 29 PAR.

Please do a minimal amount of research before talking ****. The Wizards aren't going to turn into world beaters overnight, but to discredit two of the best players in the game because you don't know anything about them makes you look like an ***.

Toenail Clipper
08-14-2009, 07:32 PM
7th Seed goes to Detroit and 8 is questionable, but mostly likely the Bulls

FlakeyFool
08-14-2009, 07:44 PM

wow, really? 3rd options? you are really ignorant.

dhalvarez
08-14-2009, 07:51 PM

Predictions are just predictions.

No matter how terrible they might have been, both Washington and Toronto both underachieved. A lot was due to injuries and team chemistry.

Washington is healthy and Arenas is in shape.

Calderon is healthy and the Raptors team as a whole has improved it's SF position, dumped J.O., got a great prospect in Derozan, and some improved and much needed depth.

These are factors that can really change a team.

Anything can happen regardless of what was done last season.

Miami was the worst team in the NBA one year and made the playoffs the year after, right?

So anyways Washington in the top 6.

...and no matter how teams have changed but no team has improved until the season stars.

..SO LET'S GET IT ON!!!

DetroitRipCity
08-14-2009, 08:04 PM
Detroit

mavs_raps90
08-15-2009, 01:46 AM
6 Wash
7 Chicago
8 Pistons

Tom81
08-15-2009, 09:50 AM
Miami

Mane
08-15-2009, 12:31 PM
over the past two years he has a fg% below 38 and 3-pt% below 29... THERE IS NOthing good about a volume scorer/shooter who shoots in the 30's percentage wise. Think AGAIN!

So yeah you just proved to me that you didn't actually watch the games to see how he played.. Of course his shooting was off because he had a ****ed up knee, which is why he barely ever shot. For the most part if he didn't have a wide open 3 he'd pass up the shot to drive to the hoop, or dish it off.. He wasn't ready for shooting clearly.. He didn't play horribly. I watched the games. I know.

And people who think all Gilbert does are taking perimeter shots have not watched enough of him to know most of the time he drives and takes a foul or lays it up.. people who think hes overrated don't actually watch him play, clearly.

J_M_B
08-15-2009, 12:42 PM
Washington Wizards here then Miami with the 7th spot and Chicago has the 8th seed.

MJ-BULLS
08-15-2009, 12:58 PM
6.Wizards
7.Bulls
8.Heat

fairandbalanced
08-15-2009, 01:29 PM
lol love how people pick wizards over Heat, talk about jelousy. the wizard have possibly the worst front court in the league, but they are better than Miami? ok, so which team would you rather have? hi haters!!!!

Sly Guy
08-15-2009, 01:52 PM

Sly Guy
08-15-2009, 01:53 PM
people are wayyy to quick to name teams like the Wiz and Raps good....but you guys are severly overrating the moves they made.

funny, I've always felt the same about the miami heat.

bogdanrom
08-17-2009, 01:43 AM
lol love how people pick wizards over Heat, talk about jelousy. the wizard have possibly the worst front court in the league, but they are better than Miami? ok, so which team would you rather have? hi haters!!!!

You're ********. Caron is a 20-5-5 player, top 5 SF in the league, Jamison is a 20-10 guy who is getting older but still playing at top level, top 10 PF in the NBA, and Haywood who is all right, he can give you 10 points and like 7 rebounds and some blocks. And we have Blatche, McGee, and Oberto off the bench. If you think that is one of the worst front court you my friend are as stupid as you can get.