PDA

View Full Version : Raptors TV cancels Double Dribble, Hoops and Full Court Press

td0tsfinest
08-14-2009, 12:26 PM
http://thestar.blogs.com/raptors/2009/08/seriously-theres-a-little-bit-of-news-in-here-today.html

Itís going to be a rather boring season on RaptorsTV this year; or so Iím hearing from a variety of insiders.

If youíre a fan of Double Dribble (kind of PTI Lite), or Full Court Press (formerly known as the Norma Wick Goodtime Hour until they tinkered with the format and whacked guys like, well, guys like me) or the TV simulcast of the H oops radio show (kind of like McCown with a single focus), youíre in deep doo-doo.

All three are getting the axe, the spies report, in what has to be a cost-cutting measure. No idea what theyíll be replaced with but whatever it is will come from the vault or NBA-TV, not from some self-produced Raptors-specific programming.

Kinda sucks, doesnít it? Not that I watched those shows religiously, or even agnostically, but someone had to and thatís two hours a week of Raptors programming gone out the window.

Oh, one more, now that I think of it.

Word circulating around the bar equivalent of the water cooler last night was that the pre- and post-game Raptor game-night shows are being cut back from 60 minutes to half an hour.

Anyway, you wanted some dribs and drabs of news, you got Ďem.

Are you bummed out about the news?

I'll be honest I don't really watch any of them, religiously anyways. Hoops was ok at times but very long. Double Dribble had some boring guys anchoring the show at times; guys like Rowan Barrett and that next black dude (not Jonesy). I don't even know what Full-Court Press is.

yungballah15
08-14-2009, 12:36 PM
ahh da sucks, dem manz tell it like it is on double dribble, da show is illl,hoops is good when the callers dont ask stupid questions, full court press is iight, they shouldnt be canceling them, hopefully theres better shows. good post.

clutchski
08-14-2009, 12:43 PM
I said hoops and none of them..in the end, if they change the programming to be more like NBAtv, I'll be a lot happier than I was watching full court press etc. I just think what's on nbatv is straight up better..haha.

Right know I've been watching 'the top 10 games of the week' on raps tv over and over and they've been pretty damn good.

Frank Costanza
08-14-2009, 12:47 PM
frank will miss hoops sooooo much it was my thursday thing, always wanted to call in and give a shout out to psd and say that i was frank costanza

Mile High Champ
08-14-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah I am a bit dissapointed but all I really enjoyed was hoops anyway.. So not to bad I guess, Cost cutting move I guess..Its easier to show old raps games or just stream right from NBA TV..

RaptorsFanatic
08-14-2009, 01:23 PM
ahh da sucks, dem manz tell it like it is on double dribble, da show is illl,hoops is good when the callers dont ask stupid questions, full court press is iight, they shouldnt be canceling them, hopefully theres better shows. good post.

Why do you always talk like a hood ***** son? Especially on a forum, thats sad lol.

drewbius416
08-14-2009, 01:27 PM
Why do you always talk like a hood ***** son? Especially on a forum, thats sad lol.

werd sun! :eyebrow:

Nexus
08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
I like anything with E. Smith and Jonesy.

Speaking of which, I hate when E. Smith goes on Gareth Wheeler's show and they only probe him for stats and ****. Meanwhile they'll ask two random globetrotters every bloody question.

The Wise 1
08-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Hoops = Radio TV = If you watch you need to get a life

Double Dribble = Respectable TV for a laughable channel

Full Court Press hasnt been the same since year 1 with Norma. The year after that they brought some nerd in there who tells people what to talk about. How they came to the decision to hire that guy and keep that other nerd with the glasses (think his name is Paul Johnson) for another year is beyond me.

Legitimate
08-14-2009, 02:17 PM
I actually liked double dribble..lol

Jays Claw
08-14-2009, 02:29 PM
I'm going to miss Full Court Press and Hoops. :(

Rego247
08-14-2009, 03:07 PM
This ****in sucks Hoops was awesome ... but when they say its getting the axe on raptors tv does it mean there not gonna brodcast it on rapstv or are cancelling the show all togetha on the fan ..i assume its the latter

ChongInc.
08-14-2009, 03:08 PM
frank will miss hoops sooooo much it was my thursday thing, always wanted to call in and give a shout out to psd and say that i was frank costanza

omg you should have done it! that would be the funniest thing ive ever experienced lol. and yell like him and everything. even people that didnt know about PSD and just knew Seinfeld would find it hilarious!

from a person thats seen every seinfeld episode and owns every season on dvd (except the first season, that one sucked lol)... im a fan of what your doing on here GJ!

IversonIsKrazy
08-14-2009, 03:40 PM
i only watched Double Dribble. I h8d the other 2 shows, there would be such stupid questions, and such stupid discussions. Double Dribble had good discussions that wouldn't last too long since there was a time limit. It would always be a smart discussion, i liked that show, but o well.

Frank Costanza
08-14-2009, 03:46 PM
omg you should have done it! that would be the funniest thing ive ever experienced lol. and yell like him and everything. even people that didnt know about PSD and just knew Seinfeld would find it hilarious!

from a person thats seen every seinfeld episode and owns every season on dvd (except the first season, that one sucked lol)... im a fan of what your doing on here GJ!

thanks bro i almost did so many times but was so high when watching and felt self concious

LanceUpperCut
08-14-2009, 03:57 PM
I loved hoops they had some good interviews for the up coming games. Any one here ever call in I always wanted to. What the hell are they going to play now? Any new shows coming?

kidfury
08-14-2009, 04:02 PM
never paid much attention to those canceled shows. game in an hour, for me is my favorite. whenever i missed a game, i tried avoiding watching the news cuz just 20-30 seconds of highlights of the game isn't enough. An hour is perfect, i don't need to watch guys dribble the ball a dozen times before each free throw.

lorenz00
08-14-2009, 04:57 PM
double double was my favorite show now its gone? that sucks big time :D

Bob_at_york
08-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Guys I want to quickly point out that it does not say that HOOPS is cancelled. From the sounds of it, it will most likely still be on the radio just not on TV anymore. Sad to see that RaptorsTV is losing a lot of its original programming including cutting back the pre and post game shows. Not a good sign but when I compared to other cities, we did have it good.

The Wise 1
08-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Guys I want to quickly point out that it does not say that HOOPS is cancelled. From the sounds of it, it will most likely still be on the radio just not on TV anymore. Sad to see that RaptorsTV is losing a lot of its original programming including cutting back the pre and post game shows. Not a good sign but when I compared to other cities, we did have it good.

Dam, when did you hear that? How long now? 30 min each?

nstojic
08-14-2009, 10:56 PM
i can't stand any of those personalities, so this is great news to me

franey25
08-14-2009, 11:32 PM
i am i watched hoops and double dribble religously i loved them both

nstojic
08-15-2009, 12:02 AM
i am i watched hoops and double dribble religously i loved them both

devlin?

jk....

SA5195
08-15-2009, 12:27 AM
Maybe more Raptors games?

Bob_at_york
08-15-2009, 12:32 AM
Dam, when did you hear that? How long now? 30 min each?

Doug Smith mentioned the possibility in the same blog.

Rapthug
08-15-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm in favour of any move that will limit Eric Smith, Sherm Hamilton and his annoying lazy eye, and any of the other cast of losers that have their own show.

td0tsfinest
08-15-2009, 02:25 PM
Doug Smith mentioned the possibility in the same blog.

we are seeing more outsourcing on Raptors TV. We're seeing more NBA TV shows now, Gametime seems to be on a lot. It makes sense from a business stand point and even a basketball stand point. I rather listen to DA talk about basketball, than hear Sherman Hamilton.
Ye we do lose some coverage about Raptors, but hey as a raptor fanatic you'll probably be update with the latest Raptor news before it even hits the media.

Nexus
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
we are seeing more outsourcing on Raptors TV. We're seeing more NBA TV shows now, Gametime seems to be on a lot. It makes sense from a business stand point and even a basketball stand point. I rather listen to DA talk about basketball, than hear Sherman Hamilton.
Ye we do lose some coverage about Raptors, but hey as a raptor fanatic you'll probably be update with the latest Raptor news before it even hits the media.

I agree that DA is better...Sherm is hit and miss for me.

But I think if I HAD to choose one or the other, I'd rather listen to Sherm talk about the Raps than DA talk about random other teams.

blah-blah
08-16-2009, 08:53 PM
hoops was pretty good