PDA

View Full Version : Sleeper team?

DynaMike
08-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Ok guys. Who will be the surprise teams of the year? On both sides...meaning who will be good that no one thought would, and who will be bad that everyone thought would be good?

dre1990
08-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Pistons will be better than what everyone else says around here. I dont think Chicago will make the playofffs

ya_boi
08-13-2009, 06:28 PM
Chicago Rose got his first taste of the playoffs, Noah had a breakout series, Luol Deng healthy,Miller and Salmons for a full season. Ben Gordon eat your heart out.

droalex
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Rockets

jakesmail123
08-13-2009, 06:33 PM
Chicago Rose got his first taste of the playoffs, Noah had a breakout series, Luol Deng healthy,Miller and Salmons for a full season. Ben Gordon eat your heart out.

i think a healthy deng is really gonna help them

DetroitRipCity
08-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Detroit is going to be better then everyone says...
Toronto is waaay overrated on these forums they were just voted 4th seed in the east i doubt they will make the playoffs

Hellcrooner
08-13-2009, 06:40 PM
posible surprises to perfrm better than you expect:
Knics,Raptors,Sixers,Clippers,Grizzlies,Thunder

posible teams that can be deceptions:

Nuggets,Jazz,Mavs,Bulls, heat, Hawks

Tdots-Guido
08-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Toronto is waaay overrated on these forums they were just voted 4th seed in the east i doubt they will make the playoffs

lol i would definitely have to disagree with you. I actually think you are saying the opposite. Since Detroit lost Mr Big Shot they have struggled. Now they sign BG and Charlie. Honestly I'm sorry to break it to you but thats not much of an upgrade.:shrug:

But back to the topic! I'm going with the Thunder. Durrant is going to shine! The addition of James Harden helps too!

Lakers4ItAll
08-13-2009, 06:49 PM
I say OKC makes the playoffs and possibly the Clippers in the West

I think either Chicago, Detroit, or Philly will not make the playoffs possibly 2 of them

Lakers4ItAll
08-13-2009, 06:49 PM

Toronto will have a better record than Detroit

Toenail Clipper
08-13-2009, 06:56 PM
Clippers will make the playoffs.
The Hornets are falling down and I sense a rebuilding on their team

NYKnickFanatic
08-13-2009, 07:06 PM
Clippers will make the playoffs.
The Hornets are falling down and I sense a rebuilding on their team

Possible, but I doubt it.
They will definitely be better than last year.

DetroitRipCity
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
lol i would definitely have to disagree with you. I actually think you are saying the opposite. Since Detroit lost Mr Big Shot they have struggled. Now they sign BG and Charlie. Honestly I'm sorry to break it to you but thats not much of an upgrade.:shrug:

But back to the topic! I'm going with the Thunder. Durrant is going to shine! The addition of James Harden helps too!

we have had 1 season with out Billups...

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

SeoulBeatz
08-13-2009, 07:08 PM
I say OKC makes the playoffs and possibly the Clippers in the West

I think either Chicago, Detroit, or Philly will not make the playoffs possibly 2 of them

well if u havent noticed no one is expecting philly to make the playoffs.

i beg to differ but it aint worth the argument.

Lakers4ItAll
08-13-2009, 07:17 PM

What besides you being a homer fan makes you think Detroit would be any better than Toronto???

uncleben989
08-13-2009, 07:19 PM

where the raptors finish in the east is still up for debate, but detroit having a better record than toronto is as likely as the pistons winning the championship this year. you do the math lol

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I'd have to say Atlanta and Toronto are dark horses.

I've seen Detroit elected as a dark horse. No disrespect to the team, but it's now built around Stucky, Charlie V, and Gordon. They aren't players that are known for there hard work game in and game out. It's going to be tough for them to make the playoffs.

I think Knicks have a better chance.

ya_boi
08-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Detroit Pistons = Pheonix Suns

Guys looking at their rooster they are just a poor man's version of those high scoring Pheonix teams that did accomplish ****. Personally I can see the Pistons out of the playoff race by allstar break

disk 8
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
thunder from the west and I think the Buck or Grizzlies in the east.

IndyRealist
08-13-2009, 08:50 PM
I don't see the Pistons going anywhere as long as Stuckey's playing PG, I honestly don't know what Detriot's thinking. They dismantled a balanced, hardworking team to surround Rodney with a bunch of shooters? Really?

I'm not big on some of Toronto's pickups, and they're perennial underachievers.

I see Indiana making the 8th seed in the East, mostly due to other teams slipping this offseason. But I'm also a homer.

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2009, 08:50 PM
Ya Detroit isn't making the playoffs. I doubt that they will have good chemistry with Hamilton and Prince probably wanting to leave.

IndyRealist
08-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Ya Detroit isn't making the playoffs. I doubt that they will have good chemistry with Hamilton and Prince probably wanting to leave.

Well word is that Prince and Hamilton both called Ben Wallace and asked him to rejoin the Pistons. Doesn't sound like they want out just yet.

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2009, 08:58 PM
They want to all leave together. I'm kidding though. I don't know the whole situation too well over there, but I still don't think that they're gonna' make the playoffs.

ya_boi
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;10532310]Well word is that Prince and Hamilton both called Ben Wallace and asked him to rejoin the Pistons. Doesn't sound like they want out just yet.[/QUOTE

BEN WALLACE isn't half the player he was 4 years ago. WOW they 2 1/2 defensive minded players.

Prediction: Joe Dumars 1st fired GM of the season.

Lakers4ItAll
I don't see the Pistons going anywhere as long as Stuckey's playing PG, I honestly don't know what Detriot's thinking. They dismantled a balanced, hardworking team to surround Rodney with a bunch of shooters? Really?

I'm not big on some of Toronto's pickups, and they're perennial underachievers.

I see Indiana making the 8th seed in the East, mostly due to other teams slipping this offseason. But I'm also a homer.

Yes you are if you think Indiana has any shot at the playoffs. Granger is a STUD but he needs help!

Lakers4ItAll
08-13-2009, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=IndyRealist;10532310]Well word is that Prince and Hamilton both called Ben Wallace and asked him to rejoin the Pistons. Doesn't sound like they want out just yet.[/QUOTE

Prediction: Joe Dumars 1st fired GM of the season.

And he should be for wasting Detroits $ on 2 guys that don't help that much

ya_boi
08-13-2009, 09:04 PM
[QUOTE=ya_boi;10532421]

And he should be for wasting Detroits $ on 2 guys that don't help that much

Detroit's loss is Chicago gain. All Ben Gordon going to do is slow down their o and a total liability on d for God sakes the oiece of **** didn't play d on Tony Allen for Christ sakes Tony Allen. :pity:

uncleben989
08-13-2009, 09:21 PM
Sleepers: Wizards/Raptors
Deceptions: Heat/Bulls

KnicksR4Real
08-13-2009, 09:36 PM
Knicks

juggla53
08-13-2009, 10:00 PM

I 2nd that

BkOriginalOne
08-13-2009, 10:05 PM
East - Washington Wizards - they'll be the 4th seed - just beating out Atlanta and toronto.
West - Denver Nuggets - Everyone will be shocked when they are better than last year.

K.R.
08-13-2009, 10:16 PM

Calderon>Stucky
DeRozan<Rip
Hedo>Prince
Bosh>Charly
Andnrei>Kwame:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laug h2:

The game isn't about matchups but the Raps are far more talented than the Pistons.

East in no order
Celtics
Cavs
Magic
Raps
76ers
Wiz
Bulls
Hawks

Raprs are going to be contending for a top 5 team while the Pistons are going to be watching the lottery.

awr0430
08-13-2009, 10:22 PM
Finds it funny that people actually think the Heat wont make the playoffs.

krest213
08-13-2009, 10:34 PM
i think the heat are the sleeper team going in to this thing holla

goose15
08-13-2009, 10:58 PM
Sleeper: Knicks - Grizz
Bust: Bulls

ChaseMe
08-13-2009, 11:32 PM

Haha indeed, Pistons losing Billups and Sheed? Plus the whole issue between Rip and BG starting? Definite upgrade. Toronto is definitely underrated here, though I have to admit there are a lot of T-dot homers. Bosh, Bargnani and Evans are gon push your frontcourt around. WoooOOo a Kwame Brown sighting!

Chances of Pistons doing better then Raptors = Big Ben's FT%

xwashableclothx
08-13-2009, 11:56 PM
for a sleeper the Bucks

Andrew Bogut is a double-double almost every night(when healthy)
Michael Redd is still a 20+ scorer(when healthy)
if Jennings and Warrick end up fitting well with Bogut and Redd they could pull out a 7 or 8th seed

asandhu23
08-14-2009, 12:27 AM
i think Warriors will come back into playoffs. clippers will not. look at their coach..... he has no idea how to utilize Baron

ChaseMe
08-14-2009, 01:01 AM
for a sleeper the Bucks

Andrew Bogut is a double-double almost every night(when healthy)
Michael Redd is still a 20+ scorer(when healthy)
if Jennings and Warrick end up fitting well with Bogut and Redd they could pull out a 7 or 8th seed

Highly doubt it, I'm sorry... a rookie pg, an injured Redd and a decent center won't grant you close to an 8th seed. They aren't even a sleeper either because Michael Redd is probably going to miss the beginning of next season. They can easily slip to bottom 5 in the conference... Indiana might not even make playoffs but hell, their cast of Granger, Murphy etc. is much better then the Bucks.

No offence, I'm a big fan of Michael Redd's form.

JJ_JKidd
08-14-2009, 03:14 AM
Surprise good-Wizards :smoking:

HEYBACHEEEEYYY!!! LOL

dsonLAL24
08-14-2009, 03:40 AM
i think Warriors will come back into playoffs. clippers will not. look at their coach..... he has no idea how to utilize Baron

forget about the sleeper team!! let's talk about your sig, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

droalex
08-14-2009, 11:14 AM
Why do many people don't include ATL in playoffs? They were 4th seed last year.

Didn't loose anyone important and gained J crawford

Lakers4ItAll
08-14-2009, 01:04 PM
Why do many people don't include ATL in playoffs? They were 4th seed last year.

Didn't loose anyone important and gained J crawford

What are you talking about? I'm pretty sure everyone has ATL making the playoffs