PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: #5 seed (5 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-13-2009, 04:56 PM
The poll for the 4th best record/4th seed is over in the East conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395762) - Atlantic Division

(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396028) - SouthEast Division

(3) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396442) - Central Division

(4) Toronto (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396538) - Atlantic Division

jimbobjarree
08-13-2009, 04:58 PM
ooo I havnt been following this

..oh dear on Toronto :pity:

I'm going Wiz at 5 and ignore the Raps and think of them as the Hawks

Basketballguy87
08-13-2009, 04:59 PM
Daaa Bull's!

yanksknicksgmen
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Atlanta but they wil be 4th

Tdots-Guido
08-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Atlanta for sure! They were a great team last year, lost no one this year and added Crawford. I have a feeling Josh Smith should be great this year and could possibly be an all star. I also like Jeff Teague from Wake Forest.

mikantsass
08-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I didnt know the Hawks moved to Toronto

j-bay
08-13-2009, 05:11 PM
washington has a great starting line-up and has an awsome bench nick young baby:rock:

Tdots-Guido
08-13-2009, 05:17 PM

Lol:clap:

scully8743
08-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Bullssss

bctgg27
08-13-2009, 05:33 PM
Toronto is becoming overrated. Hawks should have been 4.

Mane
08-13-2009, 05:34 PM
Washington, pretending the Hawks are the 4th seed..

LayZbone
08-13-2009, 05:55 PM
lol, who has the biggest fan base on PSD? Toronto at 4 = :laugh2:.

I bet Chicago goes next :rolleyes:.

I'll partake in the homerism and vote for my Heat (ATL should really be #4).

Tdots-Guido
08-13-2009, 06:02 PM
I cant wait for the season to start! So many people think the Raptors are over rated! But i don't want to get started with this because its pointless we have to wait for the season. ATL 5th seed in east.

dre1990
08-13-2009, 06:15 PM
Detroit

Legitimate
08-13-2009, 06:34 PM
HERE IS A REAL NON BIASED LIST:

1. Orlando, they added so much and only lost Turk. How in the hell do some people have them as a 3rd seed? makes no sense. Didn't they make it to the finals without jameer?? seems ridiculous.

2. Boston. If they have a healthy KG then they are 1-2 seeded team.

3.Cleveland. Shaq was a good addition, but he is a year older, for all we know he is probably going to be on a serious decline this season.

4. Hawks. I just feel that Hawks are automatic for the 4th spot, maybe even better.

5-6. Raps/Washington. This is the year when BC finally put together a solid team just like the 06 raps. The raps got depth and we know what were going to get out of this roster, this year our players health and what they bring to the table is more certain. Washington is a playoff team with or without Arenas, but then again I just can't picture there team fully healthy come playoff time, so its just a question mark on how much damage they will do.

7.Miami- Wade will manage to push his team into the playoffs. If JO goes down completely, I can't picture the Heat even making the playoffs ( they will not even have Marion).

8. Chicago- I say Chicago will struggle to make the playoffs. Very over-rated IMO. Gordon leads them past the first round, now they lost him, THEN chi fans believe they are a 5-6 seeded team. Rose is in his 2nd year, even if he put MVP numbers, this roster has nothing for big-men. Its just a huge question mark if this team makes the playoffs ( healthy Deng, Tyrus developing). If dengs plays half a season, then this team is really f-ed in the frontcourt. They will not have enough offense, just Rose, Salmons and Kirk? not enough.

If anything Detroit and Chicago will be battling for 7-8 seed, all depends on what Miami is gonna do.

SeoulBeatz
08-13-2009, 06:37 PM
atlanta, they are really flying under the radar.

i still think they need a legit center, but jamal crawford will provide a nice spark

bbcmillionaire
08-13-2009, 06:56 PM
ow heck nawl we ain't going lol, the bulls at 5th(and seriously 4 should be the hawks). i know anything is possible 4-8 in the east but boo that raps at 4.

clutchski
08-13-2009, 07:19 PM
you guys are all foolish..toronto haters. I bet you all voted us 4 because you wanted to post comment after comment bashing us. Toronto fans aren't mad homers plenty of us voted for other teams.

ManRam
08-13-2009, 07:31 PM
I like the Hawks finishing 4th...so obviously I voted for them here.

uncleben989
08-13-2009, 07:36 PM
you guys are all foolish..toronto haters. I bet you all voted us 4 because you wanted to post comment after comment bashing us. Toronto fans aren't mad homers plenty of us voted for other teams.

well put, i voted for the hawks. but honestly its raps/wiz/hawks in the 4-6 slot if healthy in any particular order. and lol, why do i have a feeling this series of prediction threads is just gonna be another opportunity for raptors-bashing.

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2009, 07:58 PM
As a raps fan, i cant believe they were voted 4th, i voted for Hawks for #4, so im going with them for #5. Feel bad for the rest of PSD fans, c'mon raptor fans, we all know Toronto wont be that good as well, unless DeRozan ends up being a 16ppg scorer in his rookie season

JWO35
08-13-2009, 08:04 PM
I Demand a Recount!!!! :laugh:

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 08:19 PM
I think that Atlanta, Chicago, toronto, and Washington could all be fighting for seeds 4-7.

Miami could too.

I just think that Boston will have a tough time in the Atlantic with Atlanta and Toronto. I don't think that Boston winning the division is guaranteed.

I just see Toronto and Atlanta playing in the first round, it's just a matter of home court.

disk 8
08-13-2009, 08:20 PM
i think it's funny the cavs are at 3. They still have Lebron freaking James, he took the team to first last year with the group he had and this year group is much better.

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
I Demand a Recount!!!! :laugh:

now, now, this isn't a vote for president of the U.S.

...BTW...Gore really won!! And so did Toronto for 4th.

and I do agree that Cleveland deserves to be ahead of Orlando and Boston.

and Atlanta aren't flying under the radar...we know what they can do...and wow they added Crawford.

Draco
08-13-2009, 08:25 PM
ooo I havnt been following this

..oh dear on Toronto :pity:

I'm going Wiz at 5 and ignore the Raps and think of them as the Hawks

What? Bargs isn't the 5th best center, the Raptors aren't the 4th best team and there aren't a whole lot of homers voting in these threads? :D

Wiz kids
08-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Washington if Healthy IS the number 4 seed, their starting four is great and their bench is solid.

daleja424
08-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Washington if Healthy IS the number 4 seed, their starting four is great and their bench is solid.

great... the problem is we dont know if they ARE and if they will STAY that way...

and even then Id still take Atlanta and Miami over them in the SE...

uncleben989
08-13-2009, 08:45 PM
What? Bargs isn't the 5th best center, the Raptors aren't the 4th best team and there aren't a whole lot of homers voting in these threads? :D

lol draco, i wouldnt be surprised if ur a raptors fan. u spend alot of time in our forums

zo#33
08-13-2009, 11:11 PM
I think Hawks will be 4 som im voting Miami here for fifth

Unruly Fan
08-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Where the hell were all these ppl when the poll was still up? Suddenly the whole forum is filled with ppl against the fact that Toronto is 4th. And YES I personally voted for Toronto giving a valid reason for my decision. No excuses here ppl, now all you slackers who didn't vote should stfu and live with verdict.

ChaseMe
08-14-2009, 12:41 AM
Latest statistics reveal Toronto's fanbase on PSD is increasing on average 2% every hour therefore reposting this thread in 3 weeks would vote Toronto as #1.

bogdanrom
08-14-2009, 12:42 AM
great... the problem is we dont know if they ARE and if they will STAY that way...

and even then Id still take Atlanta and Miami over them in the SE...

We're are definitely better than Miami if we are healthy. And it's not even close. Atlanta though they could, their team is stacked, their only real problem is a true center, but their crazy athleticism overrules that.

Reddd
08-14-2009, 05:01 AM
Atl

lakerboy
08-14-2009, 05:53 AM
I'm surprised Toronto didn't end up #1.

Unruly Fan
08-14-2009, 09:20 AM
I'm surprised Toronto didn't end up #1.Me too, especially since Tor was avaliable for selection while Cle, Bos, and Orl were still in the runnings. Pshhh C'mon now... Atl ended the 07/08 season 37 - 45 with basically the exact same roster while Toronto finished slightly better at 41 - 41. That being said, why is it so hard to see the Raps finishing better this year with potentially one of the better rosters the team has seen in a while? Eff all u haters man.

DCSportsIsPain
08-14-2009, 10:13 AM
We wouldn't want to confuse anyone by attempting to explain that no matter how many sockpuppet accounts people create to fix the numbers in these polls, it doesn't mean things will actually happen that way in the real NBA season.

J_M_B
08-14-2009, 11:06 AM
Wow, Toronto as the 4th seed, really? Talk about homerism, should've been the Hawks at 4 and Washington at 5.

1.Boston
2.Orlando
3.Cleveland
4.Atlanta
5.Washington
6.Miami
7.Toronto
8.Chicago

GCOOKIE7
08-14-2009, 11:10 AM

Coming from a Laker fan. You guys would vote yourselves #1 no matter what roster you have.

Jays Claw
08-14-2009, 11:25 AM
The Washington Wizards.

Unruly Fan
08-14-2009, 11:27 AM
Wow, Toronto as the 4th seed, really?Talk about homerism, should've been the Hawks at 4 and Washington at 5.Do you have an explination as to why the possibility of Toronto reaching the 4th seed is so unethical?

And also "should"??? Please... the Cavs should've beat Orlando, Houston should've re-signed Artest, the Hawks should've got deeper, etc, etc, etc...

You have no solid argument here.

J_M_B
08-14-2009, 11:29 AM
We're are definitely better than Miami if we are healthy. And it's not even close. Atlanta though they could, their team is stacked, their only real problem is a true center, but their crazy athleticism overrules that.

I wouldn't say Washington is definitely better than Miami. even though when healthy the Wizards are clearly the better team. Miami's starting roation has the potential to hang with any of the top teams. Chalmers- if he can have the same sophomore season Rajon Rondo had, Wade- plays on MVP caliber level, Beasley- if he gets his minutes and has a great sophomore season, Haslem- plays the way he always has defensive minded and hustle, O'Neal- if he can stay commited to regaining his strengths and be a top 3 center in the East. He is working with trainer Tim Grover( Wade's and Micheal Jordan's trainer).

The only thing holding them back is their thin bench. Which includes Dauqean Cook, Jamaal Magloire, and James Jones as their main roation players. This team can hang with the powerhouses of the East, but will have trouble doing so.

As of right now, I rank them either 6th or 7th, but that can surely change.

J_M_B
08-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Do you have an explination as to why the possibility of Toronto reaching the 4th seed is so unethical?

And also "should"??? Please... the Cavs should've beat Orlando, Houston should've re-signed Artest, the Hawks should've got deeper, etc, etc, etc...

You have no solid argument here.

Atlanta is a way better team than Toronto, there is no agrument. Toronto won less than 40 games last season and you want me to believe that Hedo Turkoglu is going to change all that? The Raptors are a playoff team, but they are definitely not the 4th or 5th seed.

The only reason Toronto is ranked 4th because the Raptors has one of the bigger fan bases on PSD and they voted for their home team. You can agrue all you want, but that's the facts.

Unruly Fan
08-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Atlanta is a way better team than Toronto, there is no agrument. Toronto won less than 40 games last season and you want me to believe that Hedo Turkoglu is going to change all that? The Raptors are a playoff team, but they are definitely not the 4th or 5th seed.

The only reason Toronto is ranked 4th because the Raptors has one of the bigger fan bases on PSD and they voted for their home team. You can agrue all you want, but that's the facts.K wait, so what has Atlanta done to it's roster since going 37 - 45 in 2007/2008? If I'm not mistaken they had all the players who are in their starting 5 today so why couldn't THEY crack 40 wins?

Point being - Yes, ATL played well last season but that doesn't secure them the 4th spot automatically especially with Toronto (or even Washington) getting better.

Everyone is still surprised and quick to bash Toronto for winning 4th seed by such a massive margin to understand the facts and reason as to why that may have been.

clutchski
08-14-2009, 12:40 PM

The only reason Toronto is ranked 4th because the Raptors has one of the bigger fan bases on PSD and they voted for their home team. You can agrue all you want, but that's the facts.

Man I hate to say but this is ignorance, our team has changed significantly from last season..not just hedo turk, do your research. Hedo Turk just among one of those changes.

uncleben989
08-14-2009, 12:45 PM

lol a laker fan on PSD talking about homerism, gotta love it

Raph12
08-14-2009, 12:50 PM
Washington, pretending the Hawks are the 4th seed..

:clap: Thank you, TO is way overrated, people got hyped up about them last year also, result? 13th place in the East, no playoffs. I'm not saying they'll repeat, I'm just saying don't take out a proven team like Atlanta for unproven teams like TO and Washington. Btw imo Washington on paper is still better than TO.

J_M_B
08-14-2009, 12:59 PM
Man I hate to say but this is ignorance, our team has changed significantly from last season..not just hedo turk, do your research. Hedo Turk just among one of those changes.

I know Toronto has improved by not just adding Hedo by aslo acquiring Derozan through the draft, signing role players like Jarrett Jack and other reserves.

So yeah they have had a great off season, but my point is that other teams like Atlanta and Washington have improved as well. The Hawks drafted Jeff Teague and traded for Jamaal Crawford. AS well has keep their main core of players together. Their young core will continue to get better.

Washington will have a healthy team along with Gilbert Arenas. They have depth at every position. The Wizards added Randy Foye and Mike Miller this off season. Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison will be back.

The East got a lot better this off season and Toronto will have to still play against playoff teams like Chicago with Derrick Rose or Miami with Dwyane Wade.

All in all, I can see Toronto winning aboput 43 games, but not enough to secure the 4th seed

clutchski
08-14-2009, 01:22 PM
I know Toronto has improved by not just adding Hedo by aslo acquiring Derozan through the draft, signing role players like Jarrett Jack and other reserves.

So yeah they have had a great off season, but my point is that other teams like Atlanta and Washington have improved as well. The Hawks drafted Jeff Teague and traded for Jamaal Crawford. AS well has keep their main core of players together. Their young core will continue to get better.

Washington will have a healthy team along with Gilbert Arenas. They have depth at every position. The Wizards added Randy Foye and Mike Miller this off season. Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison will be back.

The East got a lot better this off season and Toronto will have to still play against playoff teams like Chicago with Derrick Rose or Miami with Dwyane Wade.

All in all, I can see Toronto winning aboput 43 games, but not enough to secure the 4th seed

I agree fully with atlanta, I voted for them 4th, although Crawford seems to be a little bit of a liability on the defensive end (so can players on the raps though bigtime). I understand what people are saying about Washington, they have a great team now..although it will be even more of a jump for them to grab the 4th seed (or 5th) than it would be for the Raptors. And if Arenas can come back and play in his top form they'll be deadly, but I still think it depends largely on whether he can come back and tear it up or not.

And when it comes to Chicago, I know they're playoff teams..but we did go 3-1 against them last season. And we also went 2-1 against Miami as well. But we'll see..I'm just a little bitter because not all the raps fans are homers but all of PSD makes us out to be that way :D

kingjames3403
08-14-2009, 01:32 PM
Why is toronto in the 4 spot, they got hedo but lost shawn marion and drafted demar derozen, and this is a team not making the playoffs last year

dhalvarez
08-14-2009, 01:41 PM

they almost had too move somewhere a few years ago when nobody was going to watch them play.

Let's JUST GET ON WITH THE SEASON!! ALL THESE DAMN BASEBALL GAMES ON EVERY OTHER CHANNEL ARE DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

....Toronto didn't lose Marion, they just didn't want to sign him back and improved at the position by getting Turk. yes they lost some rebounds and defence, but that is easily made up for on the offensive end.

...Demar Derozan, easily a top 4 from the draft.

1. Blake
2. Tyreke Evan
3. Derozan
4. Flynn

LET'S JUST START THE NBA SEASON ALREADY!!!

lakerboy
08-14-2009, 02:10 PM
Me too, especially since Tor was avaliable for selection while Cle, Bos, and Orl were still in the runnings. Pshhh C'mon now... Atl ended the 07/08 season 37 - 45 with basically the exact same roster while Toronto finished slightly better at 41 - 41. That being said, why is it so hard to see the Raps finishing better this year with potentially one of the better rosters the team has seen in a while? Eff all u haters man.

Wow. 2007-2008.. Strong argument you have here.

I haven't forgotten how overhyped Toronto was coming into last season. People here even talked about how Bargnani Bosh and JO would own Bynum, Gasol and Odom. Bynum went down with an injury, but Gasol and Odom were even more superior than your bigs.

You guys added Hedo, Jack, and Derozan but lost Marion. You'll be a playoff team but definitely not the #4. Other teams that were better than Toronto last year also improved (eg Atlanta.)

Unruly Fan
08-14-2009, 02:13 PM
Why is toronto in the 4 spot, they got hedo but lost shawn marion and drafted demar derozen, and this is a team not making the playoffs last yearOh shoot! I didnt know this poll was suposed to reflect the results of last year. Darn.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-14-2009, 04:04 PM
The Hawks should be 4.

They have the best 3 man guard rotation in Johnson, Crawford and Bibby. They have 2 solid front court players in Smith and Horford. They have 3-4 good role players.