PDA

View Full Version : Which star has the best supporting cast?

TheMicrowave
08-12-2009, 09:56 PM
Chose the best player off their team and think of their supporting cast. Who do you think has the best?

Celtics - KG (IMO)

Allen
Rondo
Pierce
Wallace
Perkins
Big Baby

Magic are a close second.

Chronz
08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Imagine KG in his prime, with this team.

SteveNash
08-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Magic with Howard definitely

Hawkeye15
08-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Kobe, by far.

TheMicrowave
08-12-2009, 10:03 PM

He is not too far from his prime. He definitely wasn't when they won the championship.

Think about if the Garnett went to the Lakers? There were a lot rumors going around about that trade happening. Pure domination. KG is much better than Gasol especially defensively.

B.JenningsMVP
08-12-2009, 10:05 PM
K0be

TheMicrowave
08-12-2009, 10:05 PM
Kobe, by far.

Interesting.

I disagree.

Odom, Gasol, Artest - big help.

Fisher - he is old, but really only hit clutch shots in one game of the playoffs.
Farmar - not that great at all
Luke Walton - he is decent, but does not compare to other star's role players
Bynum - is not very effective or consistent
Vujajic - pure shooter, he did not progress over last season and became worse than he was two years ago.

Lakers aren't a deep team. 4-5 man team. Kobe is big part of this team.

Chronz
08-12-2009, 10:09 PM
He is not too far from his prime. He definitely wasn't when they won the championship.

Think about if the Garnett went to the Lakers? There were a lot rumors going around about that trade happening. Pure domination. KG is much better than Gasol especially defensively.
He had a better year than the last few he had in Minnesota, but he was past his peak man. Id still consider it his prime, the way the tail end of a prime is considered, but in Year3 as a C hes way removed from his absolute prime.

And Pau is a better offensive player for the Lakers, KG may have worked out, but it would have costed the Lakers Odom and a few other key parts rather than just Kwame.

Chronz
08-12-2009, 10:10 PM
Magic with Howard definitely

Agree, if we isolate the stars contributions and focus solely on his teammates, Dwight has the most help. I just dont think hes at the stage of his career to take advantage, if he ever reaches that stage.

jakesmail123
08-12-2009, 10:12 PM
kobe and its not even close.

RaiderLakersA's
08-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Imagine Sheed in his prime with that team.

GoatMilk
08-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Pau Gasol has the best cast

Chronz
08-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Thats a pretty big downgrade from my comparison but that would be a definite title contender as well. Not sure about favorite status like they would be with KG in his prime, but Sheed did have a few years where he was a legit franchise player. Somewhere along the way he lost his drive to be the best he could, and he never really wanted to be a leader either.

ManRam
08-12-2009, 10:40 PM
1. Duncan 2. Kobe 3. KG 4. Dwight.

Wade and LeBron have the worst. CP's isn't much better.

Melo, Deron, Dirk and Roy are the other super stars IMO...and their supporting casts are meh.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Interesting.

I disagree.

Fisher - he is old, but really only hit clutch shots in one game of the playoffs.
Vujajic - pure shooter, he did not progress over last season and became worse than he was two years ago.

your pick was KG. He is a shell of what he used to be. As far as stars go, its Kobe. KG, if he had that same lineup when in his prime, would have been unstoppable. Help doesnt stop with the players either. Kobe has the best coach ever sitting on his bench

Unruly Fan
08-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Kobe.

Boston Faithful
08-12-2009, 10:45 PM
This is basically another variation of asking who is the best team.

ItsTheLastAce
08-12-2009, 10:47 PM
kobe does have better teammates but i would say howards teammates, compliment him so well.

PLAYERS FAN
08-12-2009, 10:57 PM
If KG is the best player on the team, and the second best is a final MVP on your team, and the your third best player score 50 points in a playoff this year and your point guard average a triple double in a playoff series. That's not including Rasheed or Perkins impact. KG has the best supporting cast!

Howard come in second with 3 all-stars and the best back up center in the NBA IMO.

Tim Duncan come in third! Parker(finals MVP), Ginobli, and Jefferson.

Kobe is fourth because the lakers second best player(Gasol) is not better than Boston top 3, Magic top 2 and Spurs top three in my opinion.

nbaguy123
08-12-2009, 10:58 PM
thats a tough one, but in this order its,
Celtics
Magic
Lakers

DerekRE_3
08-12-2009, 11:08 PM

:speechless:

kendawg73
08-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Kobe...hands down. Gasol, Artest, Odom. Farmar and Vujacic are streaky but Shannon Brown really stepped up. Lets not forget Fisher, he may miss shots...but he ends up hitting the ones that count. Luke Walton isn't a stat filler he just a solid backup. The Lakers will win the Championship again next year...I don't care how healthy the Celtics are! Notice I didn't even mention Bynum?

Toenail Clipper
08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
Paul Fatty Pierce

what54!?
08-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Imagine KG in his prime, with this team.imagine garnett,allen,and pierce in their primes on this team

nba08
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM
we gotta say kobe cause u dont win a ring with out a supporting cast and last time i check there still the champs and have a decent chance of repeating

EastCoastBaller
08-12-2009, 11:36 PM
This is basically another variation of asking who is the best team.

Agree.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 11:39 PM
Chose the best player off their team and think of their supporting cast. Who do you think has the best?

Celtics - KG (IMO)

Allen
Rondo
Pierce
Wallace
Perkins
Big Baby

Lmao, which star is getting help on the Celts? they have 3 potential future HOFers, Garnett, Ray and Pierce IMO Pierce is still the MVP of the team, his production is the only one that can't be replaced, Allen and KG, meh, maybe if Pierce and Allen came to Minni it would be a diff story.

Imma take Dwight with the most help, his team is stacked and he is clearly their MVP. The only inside presence on d and o is an important role I think Dwight fills well, the question is can he be the leader he needs to be to put his Magic team over-the-top?

ctitus45
08-12-2009, 11:39 PM
I think you have to say Howard...because without his supporting cast he would be nowhere. the guy has no offense moves besides the dunk. that was exposed in the finals. Nelson/Turk (i know he's not there anymore)/Pietrus/Shard. His supporting cast made him a star. Kobe was a star with shaq and co. without them and then again with pau and co. If Howard played with a team like Kobe had without his finals teams, or if he played with the cavs with his rosters...do u think he would be the star he is? He has to have a team to win in the playoffs.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 11:42 PM
imagine garnett,allen,and pierce in their primes on this team

would never happen, every star wants to establish himself in the NBA first, before making the changes necessary to win a ring. It's like saying if one day down the road, Dwight, D-Will and Melo are on the same team in their early 30s and people saying man only if this happened when they were all 26...

Raph12
08-12-2009, 11:50 PM
I think you have to say Howard...because without his supporting cast he would be nowhere. the guy has no offense moves besides the dunk. that was exposed in the finals. Nelson/Turk (i know he's not there anymore)/Pietrus/Shard. His supporting cast made him a star. Kobe was a star with shaq and co. without them and then again with pau and co. If Howard played with a team like Kobe had without his finals teams, or if he played with the cavs with his rosters...do u think he would be the star he is? He has to have a team to win in the playoffs.

Lewis was the only established player that Dwight had on his team; Nelson, Pietrus, Turk were all unknown in the league before Dwight, so who needed who? Dwight would still drop 21 pts, 14 rebs and 3 blks per game, he doesn't get his stats off his teammates, he gets his success because of his teammates. In comparison, Orlando would often play inside-outside with Dwight and he'd dish out of doubles and triples for the open 3, so technically Nelson, Pietrus and Turk would feed off Dwight not the other way around. He would still be a star, that's guaranteed, but to win in the playoffs everyone needs a good/great supporting cast. (Except maybe Allen Iverson in 2001)

Toenail Clipper
08-12-2009, 11:56 PM
Paul Fatty Pierce

Wait, I rephrase that.
He ain't even a star

D1JM
08-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Interesting.

I disagree.

Yea, you should do the negatives on the celtics side too

D1JM
08-13-2009, 12:04 AM
The best side is still the lakers. Kobe and fisher have as manny rings as almost the entire Celtics Team Lol

Chateamsfan
08-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Kobe Bryant

IndiansFan337
08-13-2009, 12:27 AM
The two deepest teams are Orlando & LAL. So I guess I'd say Kobe & Howard.

But if you are asking which team could fare the best without its top player, it has to be Boston. And its arguable who their best player even is.

tland22
08-13-2009, 12:30 AM

Celtics - KG (IMO)

Allen
Rondo
Pierce
Wallace
Perkins
Big Baby

You want to know who has the best team? Is that all? Well, Kobe is a star, and the Lakers, he has the best cast....LOL

Agar81
08-13-2009, 12:35 AM
Kobe, by far.:laugh::laugh::laugh:
haha the Lakers' bench is one of the worst in the league. All Kobe has is Gasol and Artest. KG and the C's def win this, they have the deepest bench

AirJordanXVIII
08-13-2009, 12:36 AM
Howard.

Agar81
08-13-2009, 12:37 AM
The Magic at 2

Raph12
08-13-2009, 01:18 AM
The two deepest teams are Orlando & LAL. So I guess I'd say Kobe & Howard.

But if you are asking which team could fare the best without its top player, it has to be Boston. And its arguable who their best player even is.

:clap: thank you, finally someone who agrees with me

asandhu23
08-13-2009, 01:26 AM

lol pun intended since he "hurt his hand "

asandhu23
08-13-2009, 01:28 AM
well if you consider Monta Ellis a star then he has a pretty good supporting cast and to top that off...we have chemistry

Reyes6
08-13-2009, 01:33 AM
Kobe, without question. But what confuses me is how the Laker fans went from saying their bench was worthy of being a solid starting line-up to awful with very few changes is beyond me.

But with Artest, Gasol, Fisher, Bynum, and Brown... that's pretty solid.

Jay22Redd
08-13-2009, 01:42 AM
Garnett, easily!

ryanj12344
08-13-2009, 01:48 AM
lebron. hes got the big cactus

Yanks All Day
08-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Kobe. He has two 7 footers who can play defense and rebound, a 6'10 or whatever he is versatile scorer in Odom, and now a defensive machine in Artest. Fisher hits his share of clutch shots, and Brown stepped up when he needed to. They have some other players whose names I can't spell, but at different points in the season were sharpshooters off the bench. Anyone who said the Lakers have a horrible bench has obviously not realized that bench production and depth win championships, and the Lakers have that

bigsams50
08-13-2009, 07:03 AM
celtics, kg in his prime would be nasty

Storch
08-13-2009, 09:40 AM
Duncan

Parker
Ginobili
Richardson
McDysse

Blue Magic
08-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Vince Carter has the best cast :D

goose15
08-13-2009, 10:39 AM
1 Lakers
2 Magic
3 Denver

blitzburghMAV
08-13-2009, 10:50 AM
you kiddin me?? its a no brainer..... THE MAVS ARE THE BEST SUPPORTING CAST NOW AROUND dirk.

Jason kidd - HALL OF FAMER
Shawn MArion(matrix)
Josh Howard - Public POTHEAD
Jason Terry - CLutch Player
Drew Gooden - GOod back up
Tim Thomas - Experience and confidence
J.J. Barea - Scrappy defender and quick to paint
Dampier - Solid 5 player
Rodrigue Beaubois - French sensation...will be future of MAVS

king4day
08-13-2009, 11:14 AM
So we're just asking who's the best team in the NBA?

MiamiHeat
08-13-2009, 11:31 AM
is obviously Wade

Chris Quinn
Mark Blount
Yakhouba Diawara
Joel Anthony

:clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2009, 11:35 AM
Kobe...

jayl1377
08-13-2009, 11:38 AM
definetly not kobe or lbj...i would have to say kg with howard a close second

S-Dot
08-13-2009, 11:46 AM
Kobe

masalex1205
08-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Are yall ********? Kobe, nobody else is even close

Reddd
08-13-2009, 12:04 PM
Boston at #1, #2 will be Orlando, I think Boston could still manage to win 50 games without KG.
Also, Timmy D has a nice and proven supporting cast.

srfr4life
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
I think you have to go with Kobe.

But more interesting is who is second. I think it's a tie between Orlando and Boston.

dbeastly
08-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Dwyane Wade lol

dbeastly
08-13-2009, 12:18 PM
is obviously Wade

Chris Quinn
Mark Blount
Yakhouba Diawara
Joel Anthony

:clap:

You forgot about Jamaal Magloire,Dorell wright,James Jones,Luther Head,Jermaine Oneal

mrblisterdundee
08-13-2009, 01:20 PM
Kobe Bryant has the best supporting cast. That's why his team won the championship. With Ron Artest, nothing changes.

Mavrix
08-13-2009, 01:21 PM
Dirk Nowitzki has:

Kidd
Terry
Marion
Howard
Gooden
Thomas
Barea
Dampier

Raph12
08-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Dwight has:

Vince Carter
Rashard Lewis
Jameer Nelson
Mikhael Pietrus
Matt Barnes
Brandon Bass
Marcin Gortat
Anthony Johnson
Ryan Anderson
JJ Redick

Still looking for a backup PG (In talks with Chris Duhon, CJ Watson and Jason Williams) and another big.

TheMicrowave
08-13-2009, 03:04 PM
your pick was KG. He is a shell of what he used to be. As far as stars go, its Kobe. KG, if he had that same lineup when in his prime, would have been unstoppable. Help doesnt stop with the players either. Kobe has the best coach ever sitting on his bench

Why are you talking about KG's prime? Is that relevant to anything?

Which line up are you talking about? The Celtics? They are unstoppable. KG is not far from his prime. The injury might have done it, but when they won the championship he was great.

If you are talking about KG in his prime with Kobe's line up... no way.

Fisher
Artest
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

are not better than

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
Big Baby
Rasheed Wallace

Bring bench players but they won't really make a difference.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2009, 03:24 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
haha the Lakers' bench is one of the worst in the league. All Kobe has is Gasol and Artest. KG and the C's def win this, they have the deepest bench

really? Looking around these boards, many Laker fans think otherwise. Many of them claim that Gasol is a top tier PF, and Artest is a monster upgrade, and that Bynum can be a dominant center, and that Phil is the greatest coach of all time.
Seems to me he has help.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2009, 03:25 PM
Why are you talking about KG's prime? Is that relevant to anything?

Which line up are you talking about? The Celtics? They are unstoppable. KG is not far from his prime. The injury might have done it, but when they won the championship he was great.

If you are talking about KG in his prime with Kobe's line up... no way.

Fisher
Artest
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

are not better than

Rondo
Ray Allen
Pierce
Big Baby
Rasheed Wallace

Bring bench players but they won't really make a difference.

no, I am not talking about in their prime, I am talking now, regardless. Its funny, Laker fans/supporters argue the exact opposite when they want to show how awesome they are from top to bottom, then make your argument when trying to show that Kobe doesn't have the same help.
Make up your minds.

Rams_Bartell24
08-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Joe Johnson has:

Mike Bibby
Josh Smith
Marvin Williams
Al Horford
Jamal Crawford
Zaza Pachulia

and Rookie PG Jeff Teague. 3 of those guys have star potential in Smith, Williams, and Horford. Maybe even Teague, but he has yet to play an NBA game. Plus you still have a good Bibby.

That prob isn't the best, but think of that line-up with a Lebron, Kobe, or Howard.

Beno7500
08-13-2009, 04:39 PM
Kobe

Carey
08-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Black Mamba

Basketballguy87
08-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Duncan

Parker
Ginobili
Richardson:confused:
McDysse

LMAO Richardson FTW!

IMO Duncan does Parker, Ginobili, Jefferson, McDyess, Finley, DeJaun Blair, George Hill, Roger Mason and, Theo Ratliff. :)

lakers sqaud
08-13-2009, 05:15 PM

this is true~!!!!!!!!:D

TheMicrowave
08-13-2009, 05:42 PM
no, I am not talking about in their prime, I am talking now, regardless. Its funny, Laker fans/supporters argue the exact opposite when they want to show how awesome they are from top to bottom, then make your argument when trying to show that Kobe doesn't have the same help.
Make up your minds.

Now your talking about Laker fans? I am not a Laker fan or supporter. Why are you talking about Laker fans? I am saying the Celtics have a better squad and I am supporting the Lakers? Are you reading what I write or just hating on it because it is not hating on the Lakers?

Kobe has a great team around him, they didn't win the championship because of Kobe solely. I think Celtics have a better squad top to bottom and may even be the better team depending on how Rasheed meshes and KG after injury. This has nothing to do with proving Kobe, he has proved enough.

Instead of focusing on Laker fans and whatever your talking about... focus on the thread and what I am exactly saying if you are going to quote my post.

TheMicrowave
08-13-2009, 05:48 PM
Kobe Bryant has the best supporting cast. That's why his team won the championship. With Ron Artest, nothing changes.

He has a great supporting cast.

There has been changes in the off-season too all the top teams in the league.

Magic added different players VC, Barnes but lost Hedo
Celtics get KG back and Wallace
Cavs now have Shaq and Powe
Mavericks have Marion
Spurs got Jefferson

Hawkeye15
08-13-2009, 06:44 PM
Now your talking about Laker fans? I am not a Laker fan or supporter. Why are you talking about Laker fans? I am saying the Celtics have a better squad and I am supporting the Lakers? Are you reading what I write or just hating on it because it is not hating on the Lakers?

Kobe has a great team around him, they didn't win the championship because of Kobe solely. I think Celtics have a better squad top to bottom and may even be the better team depending on how Rasheed meshes and KG after injury. This has nothing to do with proving Kobe, he has proved enough.

Instead of focusing on Laker fans and whatever your talking about... focus on the thread and what I am exactly saying if you are going to quote my post.

well, you are basing your assumption looking at the rosters on paper. THe Celtics have 4 many time all stars, all well past their prime. You need to think of them as they are today. Not from 2003.
THe Lakers, on the other hand, have Gasol in his prime, Bynum, Artest, Odom, Phil Jackson, Walton, and Fish.
In my opinion, the Lakers have more help on the floor, and on the bench for their star.

TheMicrowave
08-13-2009, 07:39 PM
well, you are basing your assumption looking at the rosters on paper. THe Celtics have 4 many time all stars, all well past their prime. You need to think of them as they are today. Not from 2003.
THe Lakers, on the other hand, have Gasol in his prime, Bynum, Artest, Odom, Phil Jackson, Walton, and Fish.
In my opinion, the Lakers have more help on the floor, and on the bench for their star.

No, I am basing it off of my knowledge.

The big 3 aren't WELL past their primes, they wouldn't be good if they were. Ray Allen hitting game winners left and right and 50 plus point games in the playoffs. KG and Pierce were in the top 10 for MVP two seasons ago. They are not past their primes too much. Wallace is done though I agree with that. I agree they are aging, but the development of Rondo, Perkins and Baby could be enough for another ring. KG, Allen, and Pierce are still great players.

Celtics took the Magic to 7 games without their best player. Take Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dirk, Duncan off their teams.. neither of these teams are taking the Magic to 7 games or maybe even getting there.

Bruno
08-13-2009, 08:55 PM
It's all pretty equal, between L.A., S.A., Orlando and Boston.

KG has former all-stars and a former finals MVP, as does Duncan. Howard has three allstars, Kobe has two guys who have been allstars; Bynum and Odom not included.

Equal. And thats why when it's this close, it comes down to the best player on your team leaving his stamp on the game, like Kobe did in game one of the finals; 40-8-8.

Bruno
08-13-2009, 08:58 PM
The Celtics allstars are slightly past their prime, not well past their primes. You don't beat the 2008 Lakers in six games when your core is "well past" their primes. The fact that there are four of them(not two or three), offsets them not being in their prime, imo, regarding their worth.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2009, 09:31 PM
No, I am basing it off of my knowledge.

The big 3 aren't WELL past their primes, they wouldn't be good if they were. Ray Allen hitting game winners left and right and 50 plus point games in the playoffs. KG and Pierce were in the top 10 for MVP two seasons ago. They are not past their primes too much. Wallace is done though I agree with that. I agree they are aging, but the development of Rondo, Perkins and Baby could be enough for another ring. KG, Allen, and Pierce are still great players.

Celtics took the Magic to 7 games without their best player. Take Kobe, LeBron, Wade, Dirk, Duncan off their teams.. neither of these teams are taking the Magic to 7 games or maybe even getting there.

they also don't play in the east. And LeBron, please. He has the worst cast of any of them.
They are WELL past their primes. They take turns covering for each other throught the regular season, but cmon. They can blow up occasionally, but not one of them has it in them to carry a team for an extended amount of time.
Rondo is fine. Definition of recipent of good players around him. Perkins and Big Baby, you wouldn't even know their names if they played for Milwaukee.

looking at the roster, up and down, and what they can currently offer, the Lakers are #1, Orlando #2.

Hawkeye15
08-13-2009, 09:33 PM
The Celtics allstars are slightly past their prime, not well past their primes. You don't beat the 2008 Lakers in six games when your core is "well past" their primes. The fact that there are four of them(not two or three), offsets them not being in their prime, imo, regarding their worth.

reality caught up to them quickly after the honeymoon. They miraculously avoided injury in 2008, and were 3 vets with a hunger for a ring. Last season, and upcoming, fact is, they are 3 aged vets who are hoping to just make it to the playoffs healthy, and roll the dice and see if they can defy father time one more time.

KnicksR4Real
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
lakers

BkOriginalOne
08-13-2009, 10:09 PM
Kobe.
His supporting cast has won multiple titles. (Derrick Fisher)

D-Will4Prez
08-13-2009, 10:11 PM
1. Dwight
2. KG/Pierce
3. Kobe

Celtics would be number 1 but they are all just too old now...and adding Rasheed really didn't help the age factor much...at all. Their average age is what, 30? 2010-11 will be their last season as contenders I think >.>

vash9
08-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Obviously, the Cleveland Cavaliers.

LOL. Sike.

But honestly, i'd have to say the Hawks and Magics.

Bibby isn't in his prime, but he's pretty good still.
J.Johnson, i think he's a beast.
Mo Evans, not too shabby.
Josh Smith, A BEAST. Nothing else needs to be said.
Al Horford, pretty decent at the boards.

Nelson, great PG.
VC, monster. Creates own shots, clutch, and playoffs = monstrous.
Michael Pietrus, he's pretty good. not clutch, but can hit it
Rashard Lewis, great player. playing both SF and PF is pretty beneficial to the team and being able to hit 3 pointers.
Dwight Howard...it's Dwight Howard?.

Fireworld
08-13-2009, 11:38 PM
Has to be Kobe.

_KB24_
08-13-2009, 11:43 PM
I'd say Boston.

W/O KG Starting 5:
PG: Rondo
SG: Allen
SF: Pierce
PF: Big Baby
C: Perkins
6th man: House Thats a heck of a team and there still contenders IMO.

W/O Kobe Starting 5:

PG: Fisher
SG: Vujacic
SF: Artest
PF: Gasol
C: Bynum
6th man: Odom There still a playoff team but they would be destroyed by a good team such as Boston.

W/O Lebron

PG: Williams
SG: West
SF: Parker
PF: Varejo
C: Shaq
6th man: Big Z Lebrons cast is so underrated. They werent the best defensive team last year for no reason. And now with the addition of Parker, Moon, and Shaq, who are very good defenders, there even better. They could even have a shot at beating the Lakers and Magic w/o Kobe and Dwight.

_KB24_
08-13-2009, 11:51 PM
reality caught up to them quickly after the honeymoon. They miraculously avoided injury in 2008, and were 3 vets with a hunger for a ring. Last season, and upcoming, fact is, they are 3 aged vets who are hoping to just make it to the playoffs healthy, and roll the dice and see if they can defy father time one more time.

Your trying to say their ****ing grandpas. Their still all stars. How can a KG "well" past his prime still be one of the most feared players defensively and offensively? His range hasnt decreased and IMO his defense has maybe even improved. Pierce and Allen can still light it up and there still very productive. They might "slightly, I mean very slightly" passed their primes but their still the best at what they do.

scully8743
08-13-2009, 11:55 PM

You can also say that about Pierce and Ray.

scully8743
08-13-2009, 11:57 PM
I'd say Boston.

W/O KG Starting 5:
PG: Rondo
SG: Allen
SF: Pierce
PF: Big Baby
C: Perkins
6th man: House Thats a heck of a team and there still contenders IMO.

W/O Kobe Starting 5:

PG: Fisher
SG: Vujacic
SF: Artest
PF: Gasol
C: Bynum
6th man: Odom There still a playoff team but they would be destroyed by a good team such as Boston.

W/O Lebron

PG: Williams
SG: West
SF: Parker
PF: Varejo
C: Shaq
6th man: Big Z Lebrons cast is so underrated. They werent the best defensive team last year for no reason. And now with the addition of Parker, Moon, and Shaq, who are very good defenders, there even better. They could even have a shot at beating the Lakers and Magic w/o Kobe and Dwight.

Umm why isnt Rasheed in on the Celtics and House deffinetly wouldnt be the first guy coming off the bench.

Hawkeye15
08-14-2009, 12:01 AM
Your trying to say their ****ing grandpas. Their still all stars. How can a KG "well" past his prime still be one of the most feared players defensively and offensively? His range hasnt decreased and IMO his defense has maybe even improved. Pierce and Allen can still light it up and there still very productive. They might "slightly, I mean very slightly" passed their primes but their still the best at what they do.

this isn't 2008. I hope I am wrong. ANYONE but the Lakers as far as I am concerned, and I would love for my boy KG to get another ring. But as it stands, LA has the best support for their star, which should be obvious, because they are currently the title holders. Everyone else is simply playing catchup.

ChaseMe
08-14-2009, 12:04 AM
Definitely Boston- if you say best supporting cast from best player, it basically means if you take them off their team how well can they do. Boston without KG last year could have made finals. Can the same be done with Magic without D12 (D12 brings the magic), with LAKERS without KOBE (Kobe=Lakers)? Definitely not.

ChaseMe
08-14-2009, 12:11 AM
Kobe.
His supporting cast has won multiple titles. (Derrick Fisher)

Derrick Fisher has been there everytime he won those titles but stating just him alone over his cast of Ronron, Odom, Gasol and maybe even Bynum is an insult lmao. I mean, he's a good vet pg and he hits clutch shots but for a pg he doesn't even control the game.

dre1990
08-14-2009, 12:12 AM
Dwight by far.

DubbyDubbs
08-14-2009, 12:16 AM
BOSH!
great starters around him and finally a deep bench!
Raps will surprise this year!
I do like Orlando as well.

Bruno
08-14-2009, 01:06 AM

I don't look at the Celtics staying healthy in 2008 as miraculous, I see KG getting injured in 2009 as bad luck. If you look at their big three, and how many games they have missed over their careers, they have been a pretty healthy group of players.

Before last season KG played less than 71 games only once in his career (98-99).

Pierce played 48 games in his rookie year, and 46 games in 06-07; he has played in 73 games or more ganes in every other season of his career (including over 79 games for eight years of his career).

Ray Allen has played in 69 games or more for 10 seasons of his 13 year career.

When we are talking about the greatest players, we shouldn't be expecting them to be falling apart in their early 30's. Some of the greatest champions of all time, from Kareem to Jordan to Russell have won numerous titles in their mid 30's. I give the aging Celtics no leeway in that respect; they have no excuse to lose when healthy, they are smarter and mentally tougher than any other team in the NBA; when you combine those two attributes with top 4 talent, you shouldn't lose.

_KB24_
08-14-2009, 01:07 AM
^^^ Well said.

TheMicrowave
08-14-2009, 01:31 AM
they also don't play in the east. And LeBron, please. He has the worst cast of any of them.
They are WELL past their primes. They take turns covering for each other throught the regular season, but cmon. They can blow up occasionally, but not one of them has it in them to carry a team for an extended amount of time.
Rondo is fine. Definition of recipent of good players around him. Perkins and Big Baby, you wouldn't even know their names if they played for Milwaukee.

looking at the roster, up and down, and what they can currently offer, the Lakers are #1, Orlando #2.

I don't agree with you. It is fine you think Kobe has the best supporting cast, but to say all this nonsense about the Celtics is crazy.

The big 3 are way past their prime, but Rondo is beneficiary of them because they are well past their prime is what you are saying. Big Baby and Perkins are good because of them too? If I am not mistaking both of those guys were playing GREAT basketball in playoffs, especially Big Baby. You really don't know what you are talking about. I think you really are a HUGE Laker hater or lover. I am not sure yet. Pierce was not outstanding in the playoffs, Baby and Perkins and the rest cleaned up for him, that is why they made it so far.

TheMicrowave
08-14-2009, 01:34 AM
I don't look at the Celtics staying healthy in 2008 as miraculous, I see KG getting injured in 2009 as bad luck. If you look at their big three, and how many games they have missed over their careers, they have been a pretty healthy group of players.

Before last season KG played less than 71 games only once in his career (98-99).

Pierce played 48 games in his rookie year, and 46 games in 06-07; he has played in 73 games or more ganes in every other season of his career (including over 79 games for eight years of his career).

Ray Allen has played in 69 games or more for 10 seasons of his 13 year career.

When we are talking about the greatest players, we shouldn't be expecting them to be falling apart in their early 30's. Some of the greatest champions of all time, from Kareem to Jordan to Russell have won numerous titles in their mid 30's. I give the aging Celtics no leeway in that respect; they have no excuse to lose when healthy, they are smarter and mentally tougher than any other team in the NBA; when you combine those two attributes with top 4 talent, you shouldn't lose.

I've been going back and forth with this guy the entire thread, he does not see it that. The bad part is what he says about the Celtics. It is okay to think the Lakers cast is the best, but to hate on the Celtics and say all that crap is ludicrous. I think the Celtics will be in the finals next season.

D1JM
08-14-2009, 02:02 AM
All of you guys are trippin. Rose has the best supporting cast. He has the Great White Panther, AARON GRAY!!!!

Bruno
08-14-2009, 02:03 AM
I've been going back and forth with this guy the entire thread, he does not see it that. The bad part is what he says about the Celtics. It is okay to think the Lakers cast is the best, but to hate on the Celtics and say all that crap is ludicrous. I think the Celtics will be in the finals next season.

his opinion is respectable; we just view what we should expect from the aging C's a bit differently.

_KB24_
08-14-2009, 02:14 AM
I don't agree with you. It is fine you think Kobe has the best supporting cast, but to say all this nonsense about the Celtics is crazy.

The big 3 are way past their prime, but Rondo is beneficiary of them because they are well past their prime is what you are saying. Big Baby and Perkins are good because of them too? If I am not mistaking both of those guys were playing GREAT basketball in playoffs, especially Big Baby. You really don't know what you are talking about. I think you really are a HUGE Laker hater or lover. I am not sure yet. Pierce was not outstanding in the playoffs, Baby and Perkins and the rest cleaned up for him, that is why they made it so far.

Laker Hater, trust me.

xHTOWN713x
08-14-2009, 02:24 AM
dwight howard

SeoulBeatz
08-14-2009, 03:05 AM
Kobe, is it even a question?

dont worry laker fans, i still think hes the most talented player in the league...

but i respect what lebron did so much more because his sidekick was fograw!