PDA

View Full Version : Is Hedo the MAN now??

RatedRSuprStar
08-12-2009, 09:43 PM
http://www.torontosun.com/sports/basketball/2009/08/12/10434496-sun.html

How much do you agree with this?

The whole feeling of the article makes me angry as a Raptors fan... basically, the guy has passed the torch over to Hedo, as if Bosh is now a non-factor. Yes, it's true that Hedo has accomplished alot, but Bosh is younger and has not been in the league as long as Hedo. Also, having established coaches throughout Hedo's career have positively affected his growth as a player. Who has Bosh had in his pro career... Smitch?!?! No comparison...

To compare their careers at the same level is pretty unfair, and a bit on the Bosh-hater side, if you ask me.

This article should have been written as Hedo being the missing piece for Bosh's and the team's success, not the replacement for Bosh... an example of how Toronto media can be just stupid :mad:, and really drive wedges into our sports teams.

Glenfidish
08-12-2009, 09:57 PM
Hedo is not the man. He has to pay his dues first and foremost. Bosh is our leader and will continue to be unless it starts to happen in a stretch of games were Hedo goes on fire. This team seems to have many good players now. But if your article or blog is revolving around who will have the ball in the clutch with 20 seconds to go, then yes im leaning towards turk. And if he does that consistantly and the raptors start to play really well, then maybe yes the torch might be passed on. Who knows to early to tell. As of this year, Bosh is the man no doubt. Our leader and the guy who will lead the front lines. He deserves it.

Nick Papajorgio
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
This article is ridiculous.

I really like Hedo as a player. But what has he accomplished alone? What basis does the writer have to say that EVERY decision be made by Hedo. Sure, he went to the NBA Finals, but last time I checked, there were a couple other quality players on that team.

And we need to appreciate Bosh for what he is, not what he's not. He may not be the guy that creates a great last-second shot every time, but he does a hell of a lot for this team. He's the man, and will be until proven otherwise.

The Wise 1
08-12-2009, 10:46 PM
I would like to see what Bosh could accomplish alongside Dwight, Lewis and Nelson.

Rego247
08-12-2009, 10:55 PM
this thread is pointless i mean we all know hedo is not the MAN .... even hedo knows that its Bosh's team but hedo is the the legitimate 2nd option

reevanson
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
While I dont entirely agree with the article and I ussually dont like Franks Z.s stuff he does make some good points. The Raps did spend a crap load of money to bring in Hedo, and I really think he will determine how good our team is. We all know how the Raps did last year sans Turk (I know there were issues but we had undoubtable a dissapointing season). He is the sole respectable SF on the team if he goes down we are pretty screwed. I think he is a great set of hands for the final seconds of a game he has shown that numerous times. I see this season pretty much the same way I saw last season.....If the new player (Turk or O'Neal) can gel we are going to have a great year if not it is going to be a long season. So in a sense i think that out of any player he is going to determine how well the Raps are this year.

DP06
08-12-2009, 11:28 PM
Dont read to much into this...its only the toronto sun

Jacob K.
08-12-2009, 11:57 PM
i saw this and was just like NO!

koreancabbage
08-13-2009, 12:05 AM
I would like to see what Bosh could accomplish alongside Dwight, Lewis and Nelson.

i think they would have a good chance in winning that last series- LA completely shut down Orlando's front line.

but of course- just unrealistic scenarios

THiiRTYONE
08-13-2009, 12:08 AM
i however, understand what torontostar is trying to say but they said it wrong. Really it's just that Hedo will make everyone around him way better and step up his game, as mentioned that he plans on being an allstar. Hedo is a great player and is a 2nd go guy. Bosh is still our franchise (presentance). Who knows right? But reality is NOW not future

*Superman*
08-13-2009, 12:11 AM
He ain't VC...

khanraymond
08-13-2009, 12:32 AM
Hedo will be our Kidd....

when Kidd was traded to Dallas...everyone knew Dirk was still the man....they evan had Howard and Terry.......but they didn't have a guy who can make the right decision during crunch time....they didnt have a player with playoff experience....they didn't have that glue guy to make everything work.....

i think the article choose the wrong words....Hedo isn't the man...but the glue.
Just like Kidd is to Dallas.

On that Note....Dallas should be fun to watch...from what I'm hearing...they might be running Dirk at the 5, with Marion and Howard at the wings........and they want to play an uptempo game....would be entertaining..

SA5195
08-13-2009, 01:29 AM
Chris Bosh.

WeaponXXX
08-13-2009, 01:47 AM
I've said this way back. Bosh can't be the man of this team or this team will not win. It should be correct to say that Hedo is the face of the franchise and not CB because at the end of the day, you want the ball in Hedo's hands and not Chris because

1) Can't create for his team
- PF that jump shoots. Just imagine that he is 14-15 ft from the rim and then look at your spacing and you will see that he makes it more cluttered.

Smitch had him in the correct position. Low post > Kick out> Swing > Swing > open shot

Now that he has switched over = no spacing

2) Cannot begin the offense with him because he will just face up and shoot

You can say that he is the leader though.

I think this season, you will see that Turk will actually run the show in this town. Run the high pick and roll with Bosh and then it would be up to Turk to decide to take the jumper, drive, hit the roll, or hit the man in the corner because Chris is diving too hard to the rim.

deaner
08-13-2009, 02:16 AM
He ain't VC...

that's good to know... dude, have you met Carter's mother yet? she's a gem

ink
08-13-2009, 02:38 AM
this thread is pointless i mean we all know hedo is not the MAN .... even hedo knows that its Bosh's team but hedo is the the legitimate 2nd option

I don't agree with you or the others that dismiss this article at all.

In fact, the writer is saying exactly what I was saying in all of pebloemer's polls.

Move over Chris Bosh, Hedo will dictate how well the team does this season

Re-read the article. What he's saying makes complete sense.

ink
08-13-2009, 03:17 AM
The main, undeniable fact is that Bosh is not a #1 option. We've all been saying this for a long time: that Bosh is best utilized as a #2.

So, what does that make Hedo? Like Ziccarelli says, he is the more accomplished player. He has led a team deep into the post-season. What does it make Hedo?

Number 1 obviously.

deaner
08-13-2009, 03:24 AM
The main, undeniable fact is that Bosh is not a #1 option. We've all been saying this for a long time: that Bosh is best utilized as a #2.

So, what does that make Hedo? Like Ziccarelli says, he is the more accomplished player. He has led a team deep into the post-season. What does it make Hedo?

Number 1 obviously.

Maybe Bosh gets hungrier and works inside or goes for a rebound... instead of smitch clearing the side for him every..... single...... time....

hades
08-13-2009, 04:24 AM
.. and there it is...

this article explains why i chose HEDO as the most important raptor this season.
but dont get me wrong, BOSH is important! HE will probably be the most Important come next OFFSEASON. HEDO can never be the MAN in toronto WHY? because BOSH IS. Theres no denying what he can bring to the table. BUT for BOSH to be the MOST IMPORTANT to this team, THEY, AS A UNIT MUST MAKE IT WORK FIRST!!! THUS, making HEDO the most IMPORTANT RAPTOR PLAYER THIS YEAR! HE IS the X FACTOR this season. Possibly THE GLUE to keep this teams core of BOSH BARGS JOSE AND TURK.

is he not?

superfio
08-13-2009, 04:29 AM
My perspective is that a team wins it together, not individual stardom.

Looking back, the Pistons bulldozed the heavy-favourites Lakers aside with their collective grinding effort and mean defence. Even the peaking foursome of Payton, Malone, Shaqdaddy and Kobe was brushed aside. It was a knockout, brutal one too. Clearly, it was a team effort for glory.

Turn the page to the boring Spurs, its efficient execution at both ends of the floor brought championship after championship. Again, team effort here.

With B.C.'s famous Suns, it was the same. Not exactly tough defence, but the motion offence again boiled down to team effort.

Of course, a clever GM is needed to bring all the pieces together, and a great coach to assemble the troops into an army unit. We have B.C. who is most effective to wheel and deal, but is Jay Triano the right general to run the show? Blended together, I see the raptors are set to surprise the league with talent placed in every position, this time with support from a strong 2nd unit.

Fingers-crossed

kantarok
08-13-2009, 06:57 AM
Hedo? This is a complete joke. He was good in the playoffs and now all of a sudden he is a "better" player than Bosh. Was Hedo ever an all-star or an Olympic Champion? Yeah he hit some big shots when there would be 2 players on Dwight alone but cmon.

Bosh has not been in enough "important" games like the way Hedo has and so he is not really proven. One thing I do know though is that Bosh operates the best in the mid-range area and players are not giving him space to operate there and that was because of the way the team was built.

The other thing I know for sure is that I am not following the Toronto Sun anymore

HoopsMachine
08-13-2009, 08:30 AM
there's no such thing as the MAN in basketball, it's a team game. I take this more as the writer stating that Hedo is their best playmaker which I would agree with.

ink
08-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Maybe Bosh gets hungrier and works inside or goes for a rebound... instead of smitch clearing the side for him every..... single...... time....

Well you can never say never. If Bosh comes back stronger and more determined to play in the low post he will be more of an asset. The point is that TO DATE Bosh has always really played at a #2 option level so it's good to have a go-to player and a better playmaker now. That doesn't mean that Hedo is "better", it just means that Hedo uses what he has better.

My perspective is that a team wins it together, not individual stardom.

No question.

Bosh has not been in enough "important" games like the way Hedo has and so he is not really proven. One thing I do know though is that Bosh operates the best in the mid-range area and players are not giving him space to operate there and that was because of the way the team was built.

First of all, Bosh HAS been in enough big games and he hasn't dominated the way he needs to when it counts in those.

Secondly, who needs a big man who falls back on a mid-range game ALL THE TIME. Bosh has made himself very predictable to date with the mid-range game you described. If he changes that he will be the most valuable. If not, he remains a jump-shooting big man who is a bit of a black hole when he gets the ball. The offence stagnates waiting for him to do something.

The point of the whole thing is that if his low post game improves, we don't even have this discussion.

kantarok
08-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Well you can never say never. If Bosh comes back stronger and more determined to play in the low post he will be more of an asset. The point is that TO DATE Bosh has always really played at a #2 option level so it's good to have a go-to player and a better playmaker now. That doesn't mean that Hedo is "better", it just means that Hedo uses what he has better.

No question.

First of all, Bosh HAS been in enough big games and he hasn't dominated the way he needs to when it counts in those.

Secondly, who needs a big man who falls back on a mid-range game ALL THE TIME. Bosh has made himself very predictable to date with the mid-range game you described. If he changes that he will be the most valuable. If not, he remains a jump-shooting big man who is a bit of a black hole when he gets the ball. The offence stagnates waiting for him to do something.

The point of the whole thing is that if his low post game improves, we don't even have this discussion.

You know there is no point in me trying to prove you wrong. Since I know that when the season starts Bosh is going to be the best player on this team hands down and if our team does good Bosh will be the one in MVP considerations not Turk; and we all already know who is going to make it to the allstar game and who will be begging to make it there. Then I will get at you ink

Open your eyes Turk is being overrated in this forum just like jermaine o'neal was. He is good but to be trying to rival Bosh he has no chance. I even believe Bargnani can be better than Turk this year. Just because he was good in one playoff run with a superstar big man and great players and coaches around him he is all of a sudden more accomplished than Bosh.

SpeedyRecovery
08-13-2009, 10:51 AM
man i can't wait until the season starts and we can stop chatting about meaningless things.
lets just say bosh leaves next summer to play with wade or james.. what do you think the argument would be than?
if we didn't have bosh turks wouldn't be as good, and if we didn't have turks bosh won't be as good. it's a team game and if they gel well and win games nobody will care and people will stop comparing players like they are in nba live for xbox.
i really like our team this year and think we will be turning some heads. if we can pull off some good defense the sky's the limit. if we let our bigs get bashed around and dunked on we will have to be a 100 point a game team, otherwise we lose.
still would like to see either joey or carlos back.

ink
08-13-2009, 10:51 AM
You know there is no point in me trying to prove you wrong. Since I know that when the season starts Bosh is going to be the best player on this team hands down and if our team does good Bosh will be the one in MVP considerations not Turk; and we all already know who is going to make it to the allstar game and who will be begging to make it there. Then I will get at you ink

Open your eyes Turk is being overrated in this forum just like jermaine o'neal was. He is good but to be trying to rival Bosh he has no chance. I even believe Bargnani can be better than Turk this year. Just because he was good in one playoff run with a superstar big man and great players and coaches around him he is all of a sudden more accomplished than Bosh.

You need to relax. No one insulted a family member of yours or anything. lol. We're talking about a basketball player, that's all. We need a well-rounded player like him to lead the team. So save yourself the trouble of getting "at me". If you think I'm getting involved in petty squabbles about an athlete on a sports forum you haven't been reading my posts for the last year or so.

You're still misreading the point of the article: Hedo is not better than Bosh. He's just a lot better at using what he has. The team NEEDS Hedo to play better than Bosh has played in the past few years. And you also seem to have missed what I said about Bosh ... that if he IMPROVES his game we won't be having this discussion.

It's all based on three things: 1. the fact that the team needs to improve DRAMATICALLY, 2. that Bosh has become too predictable, and 3. that the team needs to be independent enough of Bosh to let him go if he wants to.

Glenfidish
08-13-2009, 10:03 PM

No question.

Well said on all three. ultimately as one goes all go. So if Turk or Bosh play at or beyond there potential, it becomes contagious. Next thing you know, we are all talking about how the whole starting line up can go to the all star game. Turk needs Bosh, bosh needs turk, we need a playoff team.

yungballah15
08-13-2009, 11:16 PM
it takes 5, if everybody contributes to the success of the team there is no one man, but i think hedo will be one of the manz but not the man. thats bosh, man in the clutch. and man at the 3.

Bluemoon
08-13-2009, 11:29 PM
Lets just hope they play really well together.
Don't forget though that Hedo is a veteran with tons of playoff experience. He not only went deep in the playoffs with Orlando but was also with Sacramento in Conference finals against the Lakers with Shaq and Kobe.
I don't think he'll try and hog the limelight but if you leave him open at crunch time....he'll hurt you and that's what I'm excited to see.
We haven't had good crunch time players for a while.

DubbyDubbs
08-13-2009, 11:30 PM
this article is nonsense. it makes it seem as though Hedo is the only man on the floor worthy of having the ball. This guy is either a Bosh Hater, or has a thing for Hedo. I love the signing and hope he does big things... but in no way is he replacing Bosh... in fact it seems as though people are forgetting the big things Bargnani did towards the end of last year.. He's gonna do really well this year.

GAWDtv
08-14-2009, 09:52 AM
I read this dribble and I was like Whow,
I was gonna rip this fool but red b4 I post.
Checking if it was just me, but now I see
it's just wasting time reading Frank Z.
Consensus says Frank Z. is a ninney,
This fool should not get paid a penny,
FOR HIS NON-WRITTING OPINIONATED LYING
Like Forrest Griffin in the ring with Mr. Anderson
No not the G.O.A.T. żou Know I meant Neo
How did he become a pro sport writer?
And Yo, How he keeps from getting fired?

:ouch: :mad: :clap: :cheers::laugh::jumpy: :hi5: :rock: :D:speechless:

GAWDtv