PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Conference: #4 seed (4 of 8)

JordansBulls
08-12-2009, 11:11 AM
The poll for the 3rd best record/3rd seed is over in the East conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395762) - Atlantic Division

(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396028) - SouthEast Division

(3) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396442) - Central Division

JordansBulls
08-12-2009, 11:14 AM
Going with Chicago on this one. I believe 4th - 8th is anyone's game and we have a great shot to get the #4 seed.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
It's really hard to pick..I think there will be a lot of homerism in this poll; I went with ATL.

Wilson
08-12-2009, 11:16 AM
I'll second JB. Chicago it is.

This is wide open though, should be some interesting debating...

GAWDtv
08-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Of the teams left Washington has the better line-up and depth plus Sauders system fits the pieces they have.

macc
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
I went Atlanta. I think they get overlooked quite often. With a line up

Mike Bibby
Jamal Crawford
Al Horford
Joe Johnson
Josh Smith

and a decent bench I can see them winning alot of games.

DCSportsIsPain
08-12-2009, 11:35 AM
Washington is going to take the #3 seed, so whichever one of Boston, Orlando or Cleveland falters will be #4.

The Ooh Child
08-12-2009, 11:37 AM
ATL for now. It will be Washington if they get their **** together.

bahama0811
08-12-2009, 11:43 AM
I'm saying Atlanta, although there's any number of teams that could take it.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
No disrespect to the fans of Chicago but I don't see how they could lock up the 4th seed.

Reddd
08-12-2009, 11:50 AM
With a heatlhy Arenas, I say Wiz

Raph12
08-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Washinton and Toronto are unproven, whilst Chicago lost their leading scorer in Ben Gordon, now with improvement from Derrick Rose that shouldn't be a HUGE blow, but I see them finishing 6th after Atlanta and Washington. Sorry but Miami is bumped down to 7th/8th IMO

The Ooh Child
08-12-2009, 12:03 PM
Where are the T-Dot homers at?

DubbyDubbs
08-12-2009, 12:09 PM
Toronto has improved alot this off season. They will finish fourth in my mind, if not even higher. As everyone is saying though, it is wide open... Washington and maybe even the Hawks have a good shot as well. But i do not think they will finish above Toronto, barring some serious injuries.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 12:18 PM
I see it as ATL in the 4th spot, with Toronto and Washington fighting for the 5th, and miami/chicago fighting for the 7th. Charlotte and Philly will be going at it for a playoff spot at all.

daleja424
08-12-2009, 12:26 PM
this is going to be ll over the place. IMO three teams have legit claims. The Hawks were the #4 last year and will be good again, Miami was the #5 last year and you can never pick against D-Wade, and Washington is the only other team in the picture with a legit primetime playmaker that is needed to put a team over the top.

Toronto will be improved...but one player (Turk) is not going to turn them from a 33 win team to a 48-50 win team...

Washington could e the 4 seed if helthy, but thats a huge huge leap of faith... and we have to see if jamison and/or Gilbert have lost a step.

Miami will be improved with extra experience from its rooks, continued play from wade, and a potentially healthier JO?

Atlanta is the pick though. They were #4 last year and have added Crawford. The only thing i caution is that Miami, Washington, and even Charlotte will push them a little more and the Southeast has become the most competitive in the east I think...could hurt their in total

clutchski
08-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Toronto will be improved...but one player (Turk) is not going to turn them from a 33 win team to a 48-50 win team...

Dude our whole team's changed we didn't just add Turk.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 12:31 PM
Toronto has improved alot this off season. They will finish fourth in my mind, if not even higher. As everyone is saying though, it is wide open... Washington and maybe even the Hawks have a good shot as well. But i do not think they will finish above Toronto, barring some serious injuries.

Toronto and Washington are both unproven, which is why I'm going with Atlanta. Plus if both are as good as they look on paper, I'll still go with Washington 4th, then Toronto 5th.

Washington:
PG - Gilbert Arenas, Mike James, Javaris Crittenton
SG - Randy Foye, Nick Young, Deshawn Stevenson
SF - Caron Butler, Mike Miller, Dominic McGuire
PF - Antawn Jamison, Dominic McGuire, JaVale McGee
C - Fabricio Oberto, Brendon Haywood, JaVale McGee
Coach: Flip Saunders

Toronto:
PG - Jose Calderon, Marcus Banks, Quincy Douby
SG - Marco Belinelli, Jarret Jack, Roko Ukic
SF - Hedo Turkoglu, DeMar DeRozan, Antoine Wright
PF - Chris Bosh, Andrea Barnani, Reggie Evans
C - Andrea Barnani, Rasho Nesterovic, Patrick O'Bryant
Coach - Jay Triano

Gotta say BC has done a great job with TO just like he did with Phoenix, both teams have good starting lines and both seem very deep, but I think the coach-factor puts Washinton over the top.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Toronto and Washington are both unproven, which is why I'm going with Atlanta. Plus if both are as good as they look on paper, I'll still go with Washington 4th, then Toronto 5th.

Washington:
PG - Gilbert Arenas, Mike James, Javaris Crittenton
SG - Randy Foye, Nick Young, Deshawn Stevenson
SF - Caron Butler, Mike Miller, Dominic McGuire
PF - Antawn Jamison, Dominic McGuire, JaVale McGee
C - Fabricio Oberto, Brendon Haywood, JaVale McGee
Coach: Flip Saunders

Toronto:
PG - Jose Calderon, Marcus Banks, Quincy Douby
SG - Marco Belinelli, Jarret Jack, Roko Ukic
SF - Hedo Turkoglu, DeMar DeRozan, Antoine Wright
PF - Chris Bosh, Andrea Barnani, Reggie Evans
C - Andrea Barnani, Rasho Nesterovic, Patrick O'Bryant
Coach - Jay Triano

Gotta say BC has done a great job with TO just like he did with Phoenix, both teams have good starting lines and both seem very deep, but I think the coach-factor puts Washinton over the top.

That was a good evaluation but I have to adjust your Raptor lineup because it's going to make it look a lot better:

PG - Jose, Jarrett Jack, Roko (Banks won't play)
SG - DeRozan/Wright/Jarrett Jack, Douby with garbage minutes
SF - Hedo with heavy minutes, then DeRozan/Wright
PF - Bosh, Evans, Andrea
C - Andrea, Rasho, POB

daleja424
08-12-2009, 12:47 PM
Dude our whole team's changed we didn't just add Turk.

my apologies... I didnt realize that adding a backup PG in Jack, an absolute scrub in marco bellinelli, and drafting Derozan was a complete team makeover. The only difference maker in that group is Turk, and he isn't good enough to improve you guys by 15-20 games...

A team makeover is what the Celts did when they went out and got two ALLSTARS... not what the Raps did when they went out and got one GOOD player.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 12:50 PM
That was a good evaluation but I have to adjust your Raptor lineup because it's going to make it look a lot better:

PG - Jose, Jarrett Jack, Roko (Banks won't play)
SG - DeRozan/Wright/Jarrett Jack, Douby with garbage minutes
SF - Hedo with heavy minutes, then DeRozan/Wright
PF - Bosh, Evans, Andrea
C - Andrea, Rasho, POB

hmm I always thought that DeRozan would play SF, question for you, where is Belinelli in your lineup? he was a solid contributor last season for GS and even with that lineup, the coaching factor would still push me towards Washington, Flip is head-over-heels better than Triano IMO

Mile High Champ
08-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Why do people think chicago is such a lock, They lost one of their best players and replaced him with nothing. I see the bulls around number 6 right now after their off-season.

Mile High Champ
08-12-2009, 12:56 PM
my apologies... I didnt realize that adding a backup PG in Jack, an absolute scrub in marco bellinelli, and drafting Derozan was a complete team makeover. The only difference maker in that group is Turk, and he isn't good enough to improve you guys by 15-20 games...

A team makeover is what the Celts did when they went out and got two ALLSTARS... not what the Raps did when they went out and got one GOOD player.

The heat on the other hand did nothing to improve their team from last year. I don't think they get anywhere close to the 4 seed this year.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 01:00 PM

Sometimes it's the little things that make your team a whole lot better, Jack, Belinelli, Nesterovic and DeRozan makes this team a whole lot deeper, now I've been arguing with TO fans alot recently about how they always manage to mess a good thing up, but this team on paper is far superior to your Heat, no offense. D-Wade has made it clear he doesn't want to have to carry all of the load again and in this offseason the one big move Riley has made, is not retaining Moon believe me when I say little things like that will play a big factor down the road. Wade will be forced to carry the load again and it will backfire and lead to another first round exit, making Wade unhappy again. If Miami didn't have two max contracts available, I would say Wade will bolt, but seeing as how they may get someone like Bosh or Amare (probably going to NY to play with D'Antoni) Wade will likely stay. But for the 2009-10 season Raps look better than Heat IMO.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 01:04 PM
Why do people think chicago is such a lock, They lost one of their best players and replaced him with nothing. I see the bulls around number 6 right now after their off-season.

agreed, Chicago did nothing this offseason and lost their leading scorer in Gordon, but with that being said, Rose will have a year's experience under his belt which is why I don't see them falling below 6th in the East.

MTar786
08-12-2009, 01:09 PM
foye
arenas/miller
butler/miller
jamison
haywood/oberto

thats really good.. plus they got depth but im too lazy to type it..
if they dont get the 4 seed then i see atlanta taking it.. i kinda feel crawford is a team cancer tho.. so i hope he doesnt make the hawks suck

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 01:13 PM

Maybe cause you dotn understand basketball then?

Toronto main problem last eyar was defense and depth. We now have Wright who is very good defensively and added Jack,Rasho to the second unit. Added a better SF who fits a lot better in Hedo.

But no your right, you guys have D Wade so you should be 4th, hell even 1st overall.

daleja424
you guys are hilarious! every off-season you people go crazy over a team who makes a couple moves and name them the next awesome team. Last year people were picking Philly, Washingon, Charlotte, etc as major movers. Guess what... didn't work out. I will go with Altanta and miami (proven commodities) EVERY DAY OF THE WEEK!

JordansBulls
agreed, Chicago did nothing this offseason and lost their leading scorer in Gordon, but with that being said, Rose will have a year's experience under his belt which is why I don't see them falling below 6th in the East.

We got Deng back. We got an improved Rose and then we got a deeper bench in James Johnson, Taj Gibson, Pargo

daleja424
08-12-2009, 01:16 PM
Maybe cause you dotn understand basketball then?

Toronto main problem last eyar was defense and depth. We now have Wright who is very good defensively and added Jack,Rasho to the second unit. Added a better SF who fits a lot better in Hedo.

But no your right, you guys have D Wade so you should be 4th, hell even 1st overall.

Thats how the NBA works. You have to have an ELITE playmaker to be a contender and be an elite team. Lebron lead crap to the finals, Kobe kept the Lakers in the Playoffs with crap for years, last year wade carried a crap team, CP3 does a LOT with not much...

Toronto doesnt have the guy that can carry a team... they are not elite IMO... They are a decent team... will most likely make the playoffs... but they are not better then Miami, Altanta, Washington, and maybe even CHICAGO. Everyone needs to get off them until they prove they can win games... b/c I havent seen it...

daleja424
08-12-2009, 01:17 PM
We got Deng back. We got an improved Rose and then we got a deeper bench in James Johnson, Taj Gibson, Pargo

and along the same lines Miami will have a greatly improved Beasley and Chalmers and a healthier JO. Sometimes teams dont need to go out and make moves. young teams can make strides interanally...

you guys did lose your most clutch guy and best scorer tho... u must admit that. Chaicago should be interesting. They could be a 5 seed...they could be and 8 seed, they could maybe even miss the playoffs. Its all about how much better Rose gets next year...

clutchski
08-12-2009, 01:19 PM
hmm I always thought that DeRozan would play SF, question for you, where is Belinelli in your lineup? he was a solid contributor last season for GS and even with that lineup, the coaching factor would still push me towards Washington, Flip is head-over-heels better than Triano IMO

you're right man, I left Marco out. He's going to be a key contributor, especially with Bargnani on the team. He'll be playing SG I'm sure, although I heard he has solid point guard handles. Triano has said he wants DeRozan to get heavy minutes for a starter (20+), Wright brings some solid D, and JJ has versatility and will be playing heavy minutes at the point behind Calderon as well as at SG. I just think Turk will be playing 35 minutes at SF, and DeRozan will be getting 20 minutes a game, hence the SG position. I tend to think we have a deep bench.

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 01:20 PM
and along the same lines Miami will have a greatly improved Beasley and Chalmers and a healthier JO. Sometimes teams dont need to go out and make moves. young teams can make strides interanally...

you guys did lose your most clutch guy and best scorer tho... u must admit that. Chaicago should be interesting. They could be a 5 seed...they could be and 8 seed, they could maybe even miss the playoffs. Its all about how much better Rose gets next year...

Man, You have no way of proving this. Your just saying it. Here let me try.

Bosh will get tougher on D and finally be that Elite player

Bargs will be much improved and be a 24/9 player

DeRozan ends up as a top 3 pick in that draft class and is the second coming of Vince Carter.

Hedo proves to be the difference and opens up the floor for everyone.

Jose has a career year with 15 pts and 11 ast a game.

Getting my point?

Mikeleafs
08-12-2009, 01:23 PM
4th place will go the Raps...
5) Atlanta
6) Washington
7) Charlotte
8) Philly/Detroit

The Heat & Bulls wont make the playoffs... simply not enough talent on these teams.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM

A much deeper bench can go a LONG way. Turk, Jack, DeRozan, Marco, Rasho, Evans, and Wright all add things that we've been lacking in the past.

I'm not naming this team a lock for a top seed but they will be a hell of a lot better than last year, and honestly Miami hasn't done anything significant. JO won't do anything this year, you can quote me on that. We thought he was 'healthier' and better now too. Nah, he just wants the 20+ million and finish his career IMO.

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Thats how the NBA works. You have to have an ELITE playmaker to be a contender and be an elite team. Lebron lead crap to the finals, Kobe kept the Lakers in the Playoffs with crap for years, last year wade carried a crap team, CP3 does a LOT with not much...

Toronto doesnt have the guy that can carry a team... they are not elite IMO... They are a decent team... will most likely make the playoffs... but they are not better then Miami, Altanta, Washington, and maybe even CHICAGO. Everyone needs to get off them until they prove they can win games... b/c I havent seen it...

Ya know when ya add a lot to your team in a off-season in moves almost everyone agrees was for the betterment of the team, it may lead to optimism.

Think what you want, you make stupid non-valid points and are a homer.

daleja424
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Man, You have no way of proving this. Your just saying it. Here let me try.

Bosh will get tougher on D and finally be that Elite player

Bargs will be much improved and be a 24/9 player

DeRozan ends up as a top 3 pick in that draft class and is the second coming of Vince Carter.

Getting my point?

Nope I don't.

Heres the facts. Beasley produced better then anyother rookie last season in per 48 stats. Next year he will b getting the minutes that the guys like rose and mayo got. He projects out to be at least a 20/8 guy just based on last year.

Second, every report out of Miami is that the most impressive ofseason of anybody in Miami belongs to Mario Chalmers. Pat RIley has also already announced he will not go out to get anyone to replace Mario bc he is the long term answer.

Finally, JO spent two months rehabbing in Miami and i now in Chicago working with Grover (Jordon and wade's trainer). Grover rejuvenated wade's career last summer... Thats a good sign...

I am not sputing of random crap. I am spouting out facts bud...

Raph12
08-12-2009, 01:26 PM

Yes but the loss of Gordon's 21ppg will hit you pretty hard in the beginning, in regards to Johnson, Gibson and Pargo, meh don't think your bench was ever a problem that needed attention anyways.

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 01:35 PM
Nope I don't.

Heres the facts. Beasley produced better then anyother rookie last season in per 48 stats. Next year he will b getting the minutes that the guys like rose and mayo got. He projects out to be at least a 20/8 guy just based on last year.

Second, every report out of Miami is that the most impressive ofseason of anybody in Miami belongs to Mario Chalmers. Pat RIley has also already announced he will not go out to get anyone to replace Mario bc he is the long term answer.

Finally, JO spent two months rehabbing in Miami and i now in Chicago working with Grover (Jordon and wade's trainer). Grover rejuvenated wade's career last summer... Thats a good sign...

I am not sputing of random crap. I am spouting out facts bud...

Thats not surprising

I bolded all the wrong things in that post. From reports on players, to what someone should average on 48 mins, to its the offseason, to J.O did the same thing last year and it did wonders... And your last statment was quite funny.....bud...

JWO35
08-12-2009, 01:40 PM
I'm going with the Atlanta Hawks, I mean they got all their guys resigned(with the addition of Jamal Crawford). And it looks like J-Smoove isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

jevon80
08-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I gotta go with the Wizards for the 4th spot. Last season was a fluke for them. You take away any teams best player/superstar (Arenas) as well as their defensive anchor (Haywood) that team is gonna suffer. Not to mention there bench was comprised of basically a bunch of untalented stiffs ( E. Thomas, D. Songalia who was actually serviceable, Pecherov, M. James) and young kids not ready to handle a bigger load (Young, Blatche, McGee).

Now fast forward and bring back a healthy Arenas, who has also been working out with Grover in Chicago (trainer that helped Wade) as well as Haywood to go along with more mature youth and Randy Foye and Mike Miller and you've got to be impressed. They have more proven talent and a legitimate claim for that 4th spot.

In 05-06 they were a 5th seed
In 06-07 they were a 7th seed (Gil's 1st Injury)
In 07-08 they were a 5th seed (despite Gil missing the entire year)

This is the deepest and most talented team the Wiz have posted in years, I think they have a real good chance of locking up the 4th spot. If healthy that is.

GCOOKIE7
08-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Don't forget the Raps added Reggie Evans, a tough hard nose guy.
We didn't just add Jack, we have a healthy Calderon, who can battle any top PG in the game and could easily average over 10 assists a game. It's gonna' be just like the days when we had TJ.
Turk is a much better player than Kapono.
Wright is a very good defender, and can still has some hidden potential on the offensive end.
Derozan is a complete stud but we probably dont need much production from him.

Diggy_2
08-12-2009, 01:57 PM
im gonna say chicago because derrick and noah is improving and loul will be healthy so i say they get the 4th seed

rapswin98
08-12-2009, 01:59 PM
Toronto, Washington or Atlanta

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 02:04 PM
Don't forget the Raps added Reggie Evans, a tough hard nose guy.
We didn't just add Jack, we have a healthy Calderon, who can battle any top PG in the game and could easily average over 10 assists a game. It's gonna' be just like the days when we had TJ.
Turk is a much better player than Kapono.
Wright is a very good defender, and can still has some hidden potential on the offensive end.
Derozan is a complete stud but we probably dont need much production from him.

Dont get to ahead of yourself

C_A_S_H
08-12-2009, 02:10 PM
i cant really see
how anyone could say
ATL improved when dey added jamal crawford,
dis man hasnt been to the playoffs EVER!!!!!!!!!
so im goin wit toronto

Raph12
08-12-2009, 02:18 PM
im gonna say chicago because derrick and noah is improving and loul will be healthy so i say they get the 4th seed

No, your gonna say chicago because you live there

IversonIsKrazy
08-12-2009, 02:22 PM
I c this between ATL and Toronto. Im sry Wiz fans, but u guys have a history of getting injured, so i just cant say u can lock up 4th seed. I went with the Hawks for this one though. Then i got Raps at 5.

b_rad23
08-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Thats not surprising

I bolded all the wrong things in that post. From reports on players, to what someone should average on 48 mins, to its the offseason, to J.O did the same thing last year and it did wonders... And your last statment was quite funny.....bud...

He averaged the most per 36, per 24, per 40, per 48.

However you slice it he was the best scorer last year in the rookie class and will get starter's minutes this year...

And JO didn't see Grover (the guy who got Wade back in form) last year.

b_rad23
08-12-2009, 02:27 PM
Only fans of Western teams should be able to vote here. The huge number of homer Toronto fans make every poll unfair.

A team that did not make the playoffs last year SHOULD NOT be ahead of last year's 4th seeded team who added a stud in Teague and a big time scorer in Crawford to their bench and lost NOTHING.

FlakeyFool
08-12-2009, 02:30 PM

I see your still alittle hurt about that marion for o'neal trade.

Bellinelli is a scrub? man you are lost.

Wiz kids
08-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Wow people are voting for Toronto, really? I think its Atlanta, they have the most continuity/chemistry, not to mention they have alot of talent.

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 02:41 PM
He averaged the most per 36, per 24, per 40, per 48.

However you slice it he was the best scorer last year in the rookie class and will get starter's minutes this year...

And JO didn't see Grover (the guy who got Wade back in form) last year.

He rehabbed the whole summer with a top trainer in Vegas. The name means very little. Rehab is Rehab. His Knees are shot, he is done.

Radio Rakeem
08-12-2009, 02:45 PM
Not taking anything away from B-Easy, but the man only started 19 games last year and averaged only 24 mins. In my opinion, starter minutes are roughly around 30-35 min. Thats an extra ten minutes on the floor for a second year player not to mention that now he will be playing against the top SF in the league and not coming off the bench to find the second unit opposite him. Miami will definetly be a playoff team but 4th... naw.

Atlanta looks poised to be up in the 4-6 range, depending on how the others teams fair. Washington is really stacked this year with the acquistions of foye, miller, oberto and the return of a healthy arenas and haywood. It was only a couple of years back that they were i believe the 5th seed in the playoffs. But many of the teams then have also improved. Toronto is also poised to be in that 4-6 range. They added turkoglu, wright, jack, nesterovic, belinelli and evans. With both teams, depth and health issued plagued their prior seasons. This year, i see these 3 teams fighting for 4th.

Chicago has my love, but theirs something missing from that team that would place them in that battle for 4th.

yanksknicksgmen
08-12-2009, 02:48 PM
Atlanta Hawks

IndiansFan337
08-12-2009, 02:50 PM
Miami, if they don't sign Iverson.

yanksknicksgmen
08-12-2009, 02:51 PM
i cant really see
how anyone could say
ATL improved when dey added jamal crawford,
dis man hasnt been to the playoffs EVER!!!!!!!!!
so im goin wit toronto

Adding Jamal Crawford means you improved. He is instant offense off the bench and even without him there still a better team then toronto IMO

AK23
08-12-2009, 02:52 PM
The poll for the 3rd best record/3rd seed is over in the East conference. Click the team name for poll results. The winner of the previous polls will not be included in new polls. The order of the teams in each poll will be according to the previous poll results. After the 8th best record is determined, the seedings will be adjusted accoring to league rules.

(1) Boston (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=395762) - Atlantic Division

(2) Orlando (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396028) - SouthEast Division

(3) Cleveland (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=396442) - Central Division

wow thats a big decrecse for cleveland dont you think ?

dhalvarez
08-12-2009, 02:53 PM
another vote for Toronto.

Atlanta is a close second.

I like Toronto starting five over Atlanta's.

4 potential all-stars.

Bosh: contract year, wants to prove he's a max player

Turk: it's is own goal, and in the prime of his career.

Calderon: after a break out year and a run at making the all-star team, he was plagued with injury. He will be healthy and have a chance to prove himself again, and will.

Bargnani: After Dwight Howard, he has as much potential or more than anyone else at the Center position to represent the East .

Toronto's bench is deeper.

Jay Triano, still has to prove himself for a whole season, and will have a chance at a full pre-season. He is known as a very good basketball mind through the NBA.

(Gee I wonder how he's doing with the U.S. Basketball (Dream) Team as an assistant coach?? I guess pretty good, since he's been doing it for a few years now.)

Boston better stay healthy because Toronto and Atlanta are going to be after them in the Atlantic.

Orlando, don't bet all your money on them to repeat.

LanceUpperCut
08-12-2009, 02:55 PM
I'd give fourth to the Hawks cause they did only get better only a little better though. But fifth goes to the raps and the raps take them in the first round. I remeber Miami being last two years ago and making a big turnaround or Boston being **** and making a big turnaround so for the whole they sucked last year thier unproven arguement means nothing. The three biggest problem last year are fixed 1. THE BENCH our best bench player last year won't play more than 4-5 min. a game. 2.The whole J.O. thing did'nt work out he is done and we turned him into Hedo. 3. Back up point guard is J.J. a major upgrade and Jose is 100% taking the summer off. Hell I could name 2 or 3 other reasons like a coach having a full training camp, we have some slashers like Hedo and Derozan and Bosh has somthing to prove along with Bargnanis vast improvement and we traded Jason Kapano for Reggie Evans the ball grabber.

B.JenningsMVP
08-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Washington.... all the homers picking toronto lmao

clutchski
08-12-2009, 03:06 PM
Only fans of Western teams should be able to vote here. The huge number of homer Toronto fans make every poll unfair.

A team that did not make the playoffs last year SHOULD NOT be ahead of last year's 4th seeded team who added a stud in Teague and a big time scorer in Crawford to their bench and lost NOTHING.

quit generalizing, it's childish. Oh andWashington wouldn't be that much different than us, in fact even worse in the standings this year..people are likely going to peg them to hit the playoffs this season.

Radio Rakeem
08-12-2009, 03:08 PM
Adding Jamal Crawford means you improved. He is instant offense off the bench and even without him there still a better team then toronto IMO

Instant offense. Every team this man has played for only got better once he left. he averaged last year almost 16 shots a game. No can you tell me where he is going to manage to find that many shots when they already have johnson, bibby, smith and williams demanding the ball.

NabilMzee24
08-12-2009, 03:09 PM
I'll second JB. Chicago it is.

This is wide open though, should be some interesting debating...

why are ppl so high on chicago, they just lost bg7 their best clutch performer,if there was no ben gordon there would be no game 7 against boston, which means ppl wouldnt be so high on them. And i do know derrick rose is someday gonna be amazing, but plz get it straight he is not a top 5 point guard in the nba nor will he be nxt year, for that matter rondo outplayed him in the 1st round and is he considered a top 5 point guard, if u dont believe me check up the stats. By the way luol deng just missed a years worth of basketball and who gives a crap if he feels good, wat do u expect him to say, "i feel like crap"???? Brad Miller is aging and Noah and Thomas just had one good playoff series! Case closed in my opinion chicago is not a a top 7 team in the east!

JordansBulls
08-12-2009, 03:21 PM
why are ppl so high on chicago, they just lost bg7 their best clutch performer,if there was no ben gordon there would be no game 7 against boston, which means ppl wouldnt be so high on them. And i do know derrick rose is someday gonna be amazing, but plz get it straight he is not a top 5 point guard in the nba nor will he be nxt year, for that matter rondo outplayed him in the 1st round and is he considered a top 5 point guard, if u dont believe me check up the stats. By the way luol deng just missed a years worth of basketball and who gives a crap if he feels good, wat do u expect him to say, "i feel like crap"???? Brad Miller is aging and Noah and Thomas just had one good playoff series! Case closed in my opinion chicago is not a a top 7 team in the east!

What about Ben Gordon? Luol Deng was the one who led us when we knocked off Miami in the playoffs. He averaged 26 and 9 in that series. Also the games where Gordon went off in the series we lost. Game 6 when he fouled out we came back and won.

Here is my question: Why is everyone sold on Toronto? They didn't even make the playoffs last year.

RaptorsFanatic
08-12-2009, 03:23 PM
We all know they are homers for every team, city, and player(s) but honestly speaking: Why is it that whenever Toronto gets some sort of love on PSD the people who vote for the city instantly become "all homers voting for Toronto".

Yes, I know there are avid and a lot of Raptors fans on these Forums, but that does not mean we are all homers.

Everyone loves their team and yes we should always vote for who is the "best" in terms of what we are speaking about but I really don't think we should label ANY fan(s) as homers if their team is getting love OUT OF THE BLUE.

In terms of this poll, after the 3rd seed it is widely opinion as to who will take the next 5 spots. From all of the options on the list, I am pretty sure Miami, Atlanta, and Washington have a legitimate chance but that does not mean Toronto cannot take it either.

Remember guys, its a poll nothing is written in stone, and this is a forum on the internet, you will never know who is voting and for what real reason they are.

After all said and done, my vote WILL NOT go to Toronto but it will go to Atlanta because Washington still has to prove itself and they will fight for the 5th spot with my Raptors.

B.JenningsMVP
08-12-2009, 03:28 PM
homeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeers lmao
toronto at best will be a 6 seed watch

Radio Rakeem
08-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Washington.... all the homers picking toronto lmao

toronto at best will be a 6 seed watch

so clearly you and 10 other people see Washington as a team far superior than Atlanta or Toronto. LMAO LMAO!

B.JenningsMVP
08-12-2009, 03:33 PM
so clearly you and 10 other people see Washington as a team far superior than Atlanta or Toronto. LMAO LMAO!

yea...... and i like toronto a lot, but i just dont see them as a high seed this year.

daleja424
08-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Thats not surprising

really. I didnt realize that JO worked out with Grover last summer...oh wait... HE DIDN'T hmmmmmmm....

daleja424
08-12-2009, 03:41 PM

4 potential all-stars.

Calderon: after a break out year and a run at making the all-star team, he was plagued with injury. He will be healthy and have a chance to prove himself again, and will.

Bargnani: After Dwight Howard, he has as much potential or more than anyone else at the Center position to represent the East .

Jay Triano, still has to prove himself for a whole season, and will have a chance at a full pre-season. He is known as a very good basketball mind through the NBA.

(Gee I wonder how he's doing with the U.S. Basketball (Dream) Team as an assistant coach?? I guess pretty good, since he's been doing it for a few years now.)

Boston better stay healthy because Toronto and Atlanta are going to be after them in the Atlantic.

on what planet? Im sure its Jordan Farmar's goal to make an all-star game...doesnt mean its gunna happen. The east is LOADED with forwards better then Turk. And you must be :smoking: to think that Calderone and Bargs will be all-stars. Maybe in weak azz Eropean ball...but not in the the NBA. There are way way way to many guys ahead of them...

j-bay
08-12-2009, 03:47 PM
i voted for dc if arenas stays healthy plus got some gosod starters and really good bench

Reddd
08-12-2009, 03:56 PM
yea...... and i like toronto a lot, but i just dont see them as a high seed this year.

Me too. I'd much rather see the Wiz cause when healthy, Arenas is a top 5 PG IMO. Yes, Toronto have Bosh, but Wizards have a similar player in Antawn Jamison who practically puts up the same numbers, and Caron Butler I think is a bit better than Turk.
I like Toronto, but they're seed will be 6th, 5h is ATL, cause they didn't lose anybody, only got themselves a solid scorer in Crawford.

FlakeyFool
08-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Miami Heat had a big off season

owait

Unruly Fan
08-12-2009, 04:00 PM
toronto at best will be a 6 seed watchYou are very annoying lol.

torontosports10
08-12-2009, 04:09 PM
really. I didnt realize that JO worked out with Grover last summer...oh wait... HE DIDN'T hmmmmmmm....

He Rehabbed. He is a professional it doesnt really matter who the **** he does rehab with its gonna be with a top trainer.

Your such a noob.

Your making me hate Miami more and more, and its a shame cause I never did before. Kind of hoping D Wade does leave so you can shut the hell up with non valid stupid points.

CB4AB7VC15
08-12-2009, 04:38 PM
raps at best are 6th, was and atl are better. we payed 5 mill for jack and la payed 6 mill for artest, we payed 2 mill for rasho and clev payed powe one mill. not to mention turk 11 mill should of kept marion and parker instead. scoring wasn't our problem def was.

LanceUpperCut
08-12-2009, 05:38 PM
raps at best are 6th, was and atl are better. we payed 5 mill for jack and la payed 6 mill for artest, we payed 2 mill for rasho and clev payed powe one mill. not to mention turk 11 mill should of kept marion and parker instead. scoring wasn't our problem def was.

So you think we looked better last year?

CB4AB7VC15
08-12-2009, 06:08 PM
So you think we looked better last year?

we just payed toooo much

I just think we couldve payed marion 8 and parker 3, that would be better than paying 11 mill for turk. Plus who's gonna play defence on this team? jacks and wright r ok at it but the rest r below average. our pick and roll will be great but its not good enough. jose parker marion bosh and bargs > jose wright turk bosh bargs.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 06:26 PM
we just payed toooo much

I just think we couldve payed marion 8 and parker 3, that would be better than paying 11 mill for turk. Plus who's gonna play defence on this team? jacks and wright r ok at it but the rest r below average. our pick and roll will be great but its not good enough. jose parker marion bosh and bargs > jose wright turk bosh bargs.

We offered Marion something like a 36 million dollar deal and he turned it down, so BC pulled the trigger on a guy he's wanted for years now in Turk. At that point, we couldn't afford parker (by the time we made the signing of Turk better with a 4 team trade, AP was already past negotiations with the Cavs).

daleja424
08-12-2009, 06:29 PM
He Rehabbed. He is a professional it doesnt really matter who the **** he does rehab with its gonna be with a top trainer.

Your such a noob.

Your making me hate Miami more and more, and its a shame cause I never did before. Kind of hoping D Wade does leave so you can shut the hell up with non valid stupid points.

Thats false. Grover has a reputation. Wade had injuries for years and rehabbed with "professionals". It wasn't until he trained with Grover that he regained his elite form. That is a FACT.

You can insult me all you want but there is a reason Grover has a rep as the best in the game. All trainers are not made equal. Evereyone has a different style. Apparently Grover's works pretty well.

Im tired of hearing all this JO's knees are shot garbage. Not two years ago we all heard the same thing about Shaq. Then he rehabs in Phoenix and regains A LOT of explosion he lacked in Miami...

jimm120
08-12-2009, 06:44 PM
I don't understand how the New York Knicks are being passed over!

Darko will play like the #2 pick. 13ppg, 10 reb, 2.3 blk

Curry is coming and will average 17ppg and 7 reb.

Wilson Chandler will average 18ppg and 5 reb, 3 ast, 1 stl.

Danilo Gallinari will go and shoot over 40% from the 3 point line and net 16ppg and 7 reb.

Al Harrington will get 16 ppg and 8 reb, 1 stl, 1 blk.

Nate Robinson will net his 15ppg and 5 ast, 1.5 stls.

Derek Lee will get 13ppg and 13 reb.

And yes, the knicks will average (as a team) 108 ppg! Only maybe Darko's scoring will be lower (maybe closer to 10ppg or 9 ppg) but still, they'll be scoring over 100 points per game.

And yet you guys don't see them fit to get the #4 seed. Sad.

Just know, they won 30-something games last year. They'll be around 45 this year.

clutchski
08-12-2009, 06:53 PM

Danilo Gallinari will go and shoot over 40% from the 3 point line and net 16ppg and 7 reb.

And yes, the knicks will average (as a team) 108 ppg! Only maybe Darko's scoring will be lower (maybe closer to 10ppg or 9 ppg) but still, they'll be scoring over 100 points per game.

Just know, they won 30-something games last year. They'll be around 45 this year.

I think you're overshooting some of your players there, you think Curry will preform well in Dantoni's system? It's unsure if Gallinari is going to have a season like those averages, and all your rebound averages add up to 50 per game, which is realistically not going to happen. And I'm not sure about defense either, there's no point averaging 108 points a game if you give up 115.

MTar786
08-12-2009, 06:54 PM
lol i cant believe toronto got so many votes.. either people really believe the eastern conference is THAT bad or u guys are on something.. toronto will not be the 4th seed.. n i can guarantee that

LanceUpperCut
08-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Curry? They can average 108 points but if you give up 120 I think you still lose.

MTar786
08-12-2009, 07:01 PM

LOL this jimmy guy just made my day.. u r officially the comedian of PSD :clap:

a few questions..
who's derek lee? i know david lee plays for the knicks.. must be his long lost brother or sumin =/

what makes u feel eddy curry will get u 17 a game? that guy is trash

Ur darko is on steroids

7 of ur players grabbing 50 rebs is insane.. i kinda wish this were my team now.. lol

ps.. stop playing nba 2k9.. its messing ur way of thinking

jimm120
08-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Curry? They can average 108 points but if you give up 120 I think you still lose.

Yeah, that is why I didn't talk about defense. But still! 108 PPG!

and yeah, I maybe overshot Curry. Maybe 13ppg and 6reb instead.

Knicks # 4!

Well, they better make it to the top 8 on this. I know that other fans kind of are jealous (of NY...not necessarily the Knicks), but they are improved and they don't have the Starbury sideshow all year (it was dumb of DAntoni to make it into such a dumb circus).

NEW YORK KNICKS 2010!!!!

djred532
08-12-2009, 07:06 PM
After the C's, Magic and Cleveland, does it really matter? I'll go with Atlanta, because they got the best core of players. However, Washington and Chicago aren't far away and it will be a fight between those 3 for the 4th seed and home court in first round.

lorenz00
08-12-2009, 07:07 PM
Toronto. Atlanta. Miami. Washington. Chicago.

DCSportsIsPain
08-12-2009, 07:10 PM
After the C's, Magic and Cleveland, does it really matter? I'll go with Atlanta, because they got the best core of players. However, Washington and Chicago aren't far away and it will be a fight between those 3 for the 4th seed and home court in first round.

Seeing as how none of those "powerhouses" won the Finals last year, yes it matters. The East might want to put a legitimate contender out there against the West this year. The Lakers had just as many injuries as anyone else, and they steamrolled their way to the title, so the Garnett and Nelson and whomever else injury claims are bogus. A legitimate contender is needed, not a bunch of teams full of *******s and excuses.

RaptorsFanatic
08-12-2009, 07:14 PM
Honestly, don't make a poll if you cannot agree with what the outcome is, its unpredictable.

ARMIN12NBA
08-12-2009, 07:28 PM
A lot of Raptors fans on PSD I guess...

cowboyz180
08-12-2009, 09:14 PM
im gonna go with miami, d-wade is too good

TO Rapz
08-12-2009, 09:27 PM
I see it as ATL in the 4th spot, with Toronto and Washington fighting for the 5th, and miami/chicago fighting for the 7th. Charlotte and Philly will be going at it for a playoff spot at all.

:clap::nod:

MiamiHeat
08-12-2009, 09:40 PM
if we make a great offseason move
I wouldn't be surprise if the Heat end up being in the 4th seed

J$mo0th_3o5
08-12-2009, 09:54 PM
Toronto:laugh:

dhalvarez
08-12-2009, 10:04 PM

I don't think any apologies are needed.

Jack is a pretty good defender and averaged over 13 points a game as a backup...but that wouldn't help much I guess.

Belinilli only averaged 9 points in 20 minutes of play. Of course during a stretches where he played major minutes he average closer to 20 points per game. and that's being on a Warriors team with a coach (Don Nelson) thats bad with developing young talent.

Derozan, youngest player in the draft, as much or even more potential than anyone of the other players, Pac 10 MVP in his first year. All the potential in the world. He'll be alright.

but why build a team, when you can just sit around for a decade or two and wait for a couple teams to desperately want to lose some heavy contracts.

Luck.

Pierce, Garnett, and Allen are among my fav players. But anybody with half a brain could figure that if you can grab three all-stars and put them on a bottom dwelling team, they can probably win. Ainge who's not the smartest proved that.

dhalvarez
08-12-2009, 10:15 PM

actually now there's 16.

smith&wesson
08-12-2009, 10:29 PM
Where are the T-Dot homers at?

right here ... toronto's taking 4th, and its not cuz im a homer but because the team is that good now.

now my question to u is why do you have pic of a man with no shirt on cuttin a next dudes hair ??

smith&wesson
08-12-2009, 10:30 PM
my prediction:

EITHER raps or hawks will lock up 4th and 5th and they will meet in the first round.

smith&wesson
08-12-2009, 10:34 PM
actually now there's 16.

all 16 of you are hoping gilbert makes a strong comeback or the wiz aint even making the play offs.

but if gilbert does come back STRONG along side jameson and butler they can make some noise, i dont doubt that... 4th seed ?? i dunno bout that one.

ATL VS T.DOT FIRST ROUND 4TH & 5TH SEEDS.

GCOOKIE7
08-12-2009, 10:45 PM
Dont get to ahead of yourself

Come on, he's a stud. I doubt he'll flop too hard this year. We have enough good players to take that rookie year pressure away.

nbaguy123
08-12-2009, 10:55 PM
WOW, alot of fellow t dot fans here on psd. most of them being homers. i myself am a Raptors fan but i dont think we should really judge placements until they atleast played a few games. I will pick atlanta because they have retained all their important pieces and added jamal crawford. next in my opinion i am going to go with the raptors, wizards and heat for the 5-6 spot. chicago is definatly not 4th

Nexus
08-12-2009, 11:05 PM
Raps fan here...I'm going with Atl. While I think Toronto very well could end up in the fourth spot, Atl is more likely to. They were there last year, added Crawford and managed to keep their key guys.

edit: should have read the last post and dittoed ;).

DCSportsIsPain
08-12-2009, 11:09 PM
all 16 of you are hoping gilbert makes a strong comeback or the wiz aint even making the play offs.

but if gilbert does come back STRONG along side jameson and butler they can make some noise, i dont doubt that... 4th seed ?? i dunno bout that one.

ATL VS T.DOT FIRST ROUND 4TH & 5TH SEEDS.

If the Wizards stay healthy and get average performances from their roster, excluding Gilbert Arenas, they will average 124 points per game. Add anything from Gilbert and the Wizards should be the highest scoring team in the league.

Jamison - 22
Butler - 20
Foye - 16
Miller - 10
Haywood - 10
Young - 11
Blatche - 10
James - 9
McGee - 6
Crittenton - 5
McGuire - 5

There's that whole lack of defense issue, but to just assume that Gilbert Arenas has to get the 28 PPG he was getting before the knee injury or this team is going nowhere means someone hasn't done any research on the team before making such a ridiculous comment. The Wizards aren't Cleveland. They have eight legitimate double-digit scorers.

b_rad23
08-12-2009, 11:13 PM
If the Wizards stay healthy and get average performances from their roster, excluding Gilbert Arenas, they will average 124 points per game. Add anything from Gilbert and the Wizards should be the highest scoring team in the league.

Jamison - 22
Butler - 20
Foye - 16
Miller - 10
Haywood - 10
Young - 11
Blatche - 10
James - 9
McGee - 6
Crittenton - 5
McGuire - 5

There's that whole lack of defense issue, but to just assume that Gilbert Arenas has to get the 28 PPG he was getting before the knee injury or this team is going nowhere means someone hasn't done any research on the team before making such a ridiculous comment. The Wizards aren't Cleveland. They have eight legitimate double-digit scorers.

They're a good offensive team for sure, but not all of those guys will get minutes now.

You won't see a rotation with 12 players getting minutes.

DCSportsIsPain
08-12-2009, 11:16 PM
They're a good offensive team for sure, but not all of those guys will get minutes now.

You won't see a rotation with 12 players getting minutes.

Maybe and maybe not. Saunders uses his bench more than Eddie Jordan ever did. The point was that it is foolish to completely dismiss the Wizards based upon what Gilbert Arenas alone does.

Raph12
08-12-2009, 11:20 PM
Seeing as how none of those "powerhouses" won the Finals last year, yes it matters. The East might want to put a legitimate contender out there against the West this year. The Lakers had just as many injuries as anyone else, and they steamrolled their way to the title, so the Garnett and Nelson and whomever else injury claims are bogus. A legitimate contender is needed, not a bunch of teams full of *******s and excuses.

LMFAO!!! and where do you want to look for this "legitimate" contender? I'm sorry but even if the best players from the 4-15 positions in the East were on one team, LA would still beat them. To say the rest of them aside from the big 3 don't matter is still a solid arguement, the whole basketball world would be SHOCKED if any of the 4-8 teams in the East beat Boston, Cleveland, Orlando and LA, that team should go down in NBA history for best team ever just because of that feat. Orlando alone has more allstars on their team (4) (Carter, Nelson, Lewis and Dwight) than the all of the 4-8 East playoff teams (3) (Allen Iverson, Dwyane Wade and Joe Johnson), Cleveland has 3 (Lebron, Shaq and Mo) and Boston has 3 (KG, Ray Ray and Pierce) that alone should help tell you where the 4-8 teams in the East really rank. Mark my words, if you wanna put money on it you could, Orlando, Boston or Cleveland WILL go to the Finals in 2010 and there is nothing any Eastern team can do about it!

jimm120
08-12-2009, 11:52 PM
A lot of Raptors fans on PSD I guess...

I guessed that from the fact that Bargnini was picked as one of the top 10 centers (and very high) in the top 10 centers topic, while Brook Lopez was left for 10th.

JWO35
08-13-2009, 12:03 AM
What's the use of making Polls anyway :sigh:
We all know (Insert Person) will for vote (Insert Person's favorite Team)

This just proves how many homers one team has...

clutchski
08-13-2009, 12:52 AM

What a stupid comment, I'm sorry if I'm rude but man what are you thinking, I guarantee a lot of raps fans didn't vote for the raptors here, and same with other fans voting for their respective teams.

scully8743
08-13-2009, 12:53 AM
Toronto is gonna surprise a lot of people.

Raph12
08-13-2009, 01:10 AM

Lol pretty stupid comment bro, 1st off, alot of guys are fans of teams in the opposite conference and their votes/opinions are pretty much completely unbiased.

2nd, the fans who's teams already made it (Boston, Orlando, Cleveland so far) will have an almost completely unbiased vote/opinion and seeming as how they are the elite teams that are selected first they have more fans that can vote on the rest of the rankings.

Finally, not everyone is a homer, alot of guys gave their honest opinion and voted for the team they felt should win, ie. I know 3 Toronto fans who voted Atlanta.

Stop being so pessimistic and if you just don't like the poll/thread then you don't have to vote/read it, take your negativity elsewhere.

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2009, 02:48 AM
i dont think a lot of the raps fan actually voted 4 the raps ppl. Im a raps fan, im from Canada, Raps r my team, but i put my vote in for ATL.

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 07:31 AM

The regular members are entitled to their opinions. :)

It's the newbies who have never posted on the forums but somehow managed to find this specific poll to vote on that are suspicious. :eyebrow:

akesh99
08-13-2009, 08:59 AM
I live in Toronto and am a die hard raps fan but I voted for ATL. They have had their core together the longest and having Crawford come off the bench for scoring power or incase of injury is a huge plus. 4-6 is still a tossup but I think ATL has the best chance. Toronto and Washington will battle it out for the 5th seed. It really could go either way but I will say Toronto only because I'm still not convinced Arenas has a FULL healthy season in him. If he does, it will be interesting for sure. Miami, Chicago and Detroit will fight to round out the top 8. One of those three teams will have a dissapointing season. I'm not sure how detroit will come together but i think they have potential to be a decent team. Philly lost out HUGE with Miller leaving them and will have a sub .500 season IMO. One thing is sure that the East has gotten a WHOLE LOT better than last season. I stll don't think anyone has the firepower to knock LA off their throne, but IMO a healthy Boston or Cleveland will give them a run for their money.

Unruly Fan
08-13-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm a Toronto Fan and I voted Toronto. Not because I am homer, but because I believe Hedo's contribution will be bigger than everyone thinks.

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm a Toronto Fan and I voted Toronto. Not because I am homer, but because I believe Hedo's contribution will be bigger than everyone thinks.

Which baffles me. Hedo averaged one point per game more than Marion last season on a team where he wasn't the primary scorer. Hedo plays almost no defense on smaller and quicker 3's and gets fewer rebounds than does Marion.
I know Toronto fans hope Hedo is some kind of upgrade or miracle worker but his numbers don't bear that out as being realistic.

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2009, 09:54 AM
I guessed that from the fact that Bargnini was picked as one of the top 10 centers (and very high) in the top 10 centers topic, while Brook Lopez was left for 10th.

You really expect ppl to vote a rookie center better than 10th?

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 10:02 AM
we just payed toooo much

toronto's weakness was defense, but an even bigger weakness was at our wing play. I liked Parker a lot, but he's breaking down. Moon, Parker, and Graham weren't getting the job done on defense or offense last year, and it was those wing positions Toronto was weakest.

Adding Jack, Belinilli, Derozan, Wright, Hedo, and Evans (PF)

compared to:

Marion, Parker, Graham (if he doesn't resign with the raps), and Kapono.

I think the additions are an upgrade compared to the for wingers that they are relacing.

Parker is a solid player coming off the bench, but Turk (who's in his prime) is a huge offensive upgrade from the three players mentioned, and four if you include a declining Marion.

Wish they could've of kept Marion but don't think he's worth 6 million at this stage in his career.

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 10:07 AM

and bargs still has more potential.

[QUOTE]
Originally Posted by DCSportsIsPain
Which baffles me. Hedo averaged one point per game more than Marion last season on a team where he wasn't the primary scorer. Hedo plays almost no defense on smaller and quicker 3's and gets fewer rebounds than does Marion.
I know Toronto fans hope Hedo is some kind of upgrade or miracle worker but his numbers don't bear that out as being realistic. [QUOTE]

....isn't Hedo the guy who Orlando used as the clutch go-to-guy on their way to the NBA Finals???

(I could've sworn that was the same guy...hmmm...)

LanceUpperCut
08-13-2009, 10:21 AM
I know Toronto fans hope Hedo is some kind of upgrade or miracle worker but his numbers don't bear that out as being realistic.

Man your all about numbers. There was a reason why Hedo was the number one free agent. It's funny everyone was saying Marion was nothing in Miami and T.O. but now a year later after a half *** season he is a beast. Hedo is only a small part of the raptors upgrade, a healthy Jose and depth is the main reason were getting the 4 or 5 spot.

LanceUpperCut
08-13-2009, 10:22 AM
When does this poll end?

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2009, 10:36 AM
When does this poll end?

When Toronto isn't in the lead LOL!!!!!!!!

Unruly Fan
08-13-2009, 10:44 AM
Im pretty sure that Hedo's length alone can create significant problems for smaller 3's. And this year Hedo is easily 2nd scoring option on Toronto. That being said, is it still that unrealistic to expect his ppg to increase. Yes he may avg less rebounds than Marion, but he's also a decent playmaker avging. around 4 apg.

Hedo can also do work under pressure - finding the open man or knocking down a huge shots late in games. Where as in previous seasons Bosh was the only real ligitimate go-to option.

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 10:58 AM
Man your all about numbers. There was a reason why Hedo was the number one free agent. It's funny everyone was saying Marion was nothing in Miami and T.O. but now a year later after a half *** season he is a beast. Hedo is only a small part of the raptors upgrade, a healthy Jose and depth is the main reason were getting the 4 or 5 spot.

In all fairness, Raptors fans are the ones riding the "Hedo is a major upgrade over Marion" bandwagon. Toronto paid Hedo a ton of money for him to only be a small part of Toronto's upgrade. For the $10 Million the Raptors paid Hedo, he better be more than a small part. Granted, Hedo came much cheaper than Marion's $19 Million salary last season.

Toronto was 33-49 last season.
I think it's a stretch to assume they will go from 33-49 to 47-35 or thereabouts, the record of last season's 4th seed Eastern conference team.
I'm not saying it won't happen, I am saying that it isn't the given so many people seem to think it is.

JWO35
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
Lol pretty stupid comment bro, 1st off, alot of guys are fans of teams in the opposite conference and their votes/opinions are pretty much completely unbiased.

2nd, the fans who's teams already made it (Boston, Orlando, Cleveland so far) will have an almost completely unbiased vote/opinion and seeming as how they are the elite teams that are selected first they have more fans that can vote on the rest of the rankings.

Finally, not everyone is a homer, alot of guys gave their honest opinion and voted for the team they felt should win, ie. I know 3 Toronto fans who voted Atlanta.

Stop being so pessimistic and if you just don't like the poll/thread then you don't have to vote/read it, take your negativity elsewhere.

I'm not saying that everyone is a homer, I'm just talking about the People who are just voting for their Team every time their name pops up in a poll. I mean what does this poll prove if you have people just voting for their team. I know some people will actually vote on who they truly believe will be at that certain spot. For example, look at the people who voted for the Bulls :laugh2: (kinda funny)

But, everyone has the right to vote and speak their mind....

Raidaz4Life
08-13-2009, 11:12 AM
In all fairness, Raptors fans are the ones riding the "Hedo is a major upgrade over Marion" bandwagon. Toronto paid Hedo a ton of money for him to only be a small part of Toronto's upgrade. For the $10 Million the Raptors paid Hedo, he better be more than a small part. Granted, Hedo came much cheaper than Marion's $19 Million salary last season.

I think it's a stretch to assume they will go from 33-49 to 47-35 or thereabouts, the record of last season's 4th seed Eastern conference team.
I'm not saying it won't happen, I am saying that it isn't the given so many people seem to think it is.

:clap:

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2009, 11:26 AM

It's not that much of a stretch. We were better than a 33 win team last year. The JO experiment didn't work and injuries plagues us. We have more balance in the lineup now... just like the Raps team of 3 years ago that won 47 games.

WoodbridgeSkins
08-13-2009, 11:28 AM
Toronto homers

GCOOKIE7
08-13-2009, 11:32 AM
Toronto homers

Toronto Haters

Radio Rakeem
08-13-2009, 11:33 AM

We'll just have to wait for the season to start to see if Turkoglu was worth 10mil/year. You also have to take into consideration that they had offered Marion roughly around 8-9mil/year but he turned it down because he felt that he was worth more. Signing turkoglu the way they did also gave them the flexibility to use the MLE on jack and acquire wright and belinelli in the trade.

So basically, they turned marion, parker, humphries, jawai and possibily graham into turkoglu, belinelli, wright and jack.

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 11:39 AM
It's not that much of a stretch. We were better than a 33 win team last year. The JO experiment didn't work and injuries plagues us. We have more balance in the lineup now... just like the Raps team of 3 years ago that won 47 games.

That is an awful argument, especially with a Wizards fan. The Wizards were better than a 19 win team last season. That's opinion. So is Toronto being better than a 33 win team last season. Toronto won 33 games. Washington won 19. Those numbers are in the books. It is difficult to improve by 15 wins in a single season unless a team won less than 20 games the previous season.
If the Wizards improve by 15 games this season, they will go 34-48, which is still awful, but very possible. That record would have tied Washington for 11th last season. Toronto going 47-34 would leapfrog them over eight teams based upon last season's final standings. Eight teams. From 12th to 4th in the conference standings. That is a huge improvement. Again, not impossible, but one hell of a jump.

S-Dot
08-13-2009, 11:41 AM
Flip Saunders "says" Agent 0 looks good. If thats the case, I give it to Washington

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 11:44 AM
We'll just have to wait for the season to start to see if Turkoglu was worth 10mil/year. You also have to take into consideration that they had offered Marion roughly around 8-9mil/year but he turned it down because he felt that he was worth more. Signing turkoglu the way they did also gave them the flexibility to use the MLE on jack and acquire wright and belinelli in the trade.

So basically, they turned marion, parker, humphries, jawai and possibily graham into turkoglu, belinelli, wright and jack.

I'm not hating on Toronto. I don't have any reason to. I'm just saying that the expectations seem to be unreasonably high. Toronto should be considerably better than they were last season, but so should any number of other teams.

RaptorsFanatic
08-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Im tired of people saying homers.

**** ALL OF YOU! Theres a reason why this site was made, and a reason why this poll was made, hate it or love the people on this website decide who will be the 4th seed in their eyes, WHETHER IT BE A 100 HOMERS or only 10, WHETHER THEY BE FROM TORONTO OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

I tried explaining earlier, I guess nobody read my post, so it ticked me off.

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Im tired of people saying homers.

**** ALL OF YOU! Theres a reason why this site was made, and a reason why this poll was made, hate it or love the people on this website decide who will be the 4th seed in their eyes, WHETHER IT BE A 100 HOMERS or only 10, WHETHER THEY BE FROM TORONTO OR ANYWHERE ELSE.

I tried explaining earlier, I guess nobody read my post, so it ticked me off.

So, suddenly there is an ultimate arbiter and discussion is no longer allowed?
I'd venture the above comment would not have been posted by the member in question had the discussion revolved around any other team.

It's OK to question the Sheeple, instead of being one.

Unruly Fan
08-13-2009, 12:11 PM

It's definately not a given but I do believe in the potential of this years Toronto team. I could definately argue Atlanta's case in terms of being proven but then again that limits their possibility of progression. Yes they've added one good player in Crawford but I personally don't believe thats enough to merit a huge change.

PS.

Looking back at Raptor's records for the 2006 - 2007 seasons

2005/2006: 27 - 55
2006/2007: 47 - 35

BELIEVE IT.

DCSportsIsPain
08-13-2009, 12:13 PM
It's definately not a given but I do believe in the potential of this years Toronto team.

I won't argue Toronto's potential. I'm not a hater. :)

Mr.ATLHawks
08-13-2009, 12:16 PM

4 potential all-stars.

Umm ATL has 1 All Star, 1 Ex-All Star and 3 potential All Stars in J. Smith, Big Al, and Marvin Williams oh and we have another potential in Jamal Crawford..so I need something better from you then this. But IMO I think ATL jumps to the #3 this year.

Orlando has made some big moves this off season but I think they might have lost a little continuity with the team with all the major changes. Boston and Cleveland both have very old teams I can see one of these 3 getting some injuries and dropping a few spots. Joe Johnson is in his contract year and also wants to prove he is a max player. Bibby has signed on to be a part of something special in Atlanta and these guys have all been playing together for 4 years or so now. i compare this team to how Detroit was a few years back. No real superstar but excellent team balance. I think ATL can potentially pull a DET with a little more flexibility on the offensive side and more dedication on the defensive side.

Only thing that scares me about putting WASh all the way up at #4 is A) Injuries(Butler, Haywood, and Arenas have been annually hampered by one thing or another) but the major thing is they dont play defense and although they are an excellent scoring team, you must play D in the EAST to win consistantly. Very few teams play the Run N Gun in the East. Here is my Top 8 and yes there might be a tad homerism but I think I have made some valid points..

1) Cleveland
2) Boston
3) Atlanta
4) Orlando
5) Toronto
6) Washington
7) Miami
8) CHI/CHA/NJN/PHI

THiiRTYONE
08-13-2009, 12:17 PM
LOOL chicago fans, ill give them 4th or even first if you get D.WADE :clap:

jsumadchat
08-13-2009, 12:21 PM
That is an awful argument, especially with a Wizards fan. The Wizards were better than a 19 win team last season. That's opinion. So is Toronto being better than a 33 win team last season. Toronto won 33 games. Washington won 19. Those numbers are in the books. It is difficult to improve by 15 wins in a single season unless a team won less than 20 games the previous season.
If the Wizards improve by 15 games this season, they will go 34-48, which is still awful, but very possible. That record would have tied Washington for 11th last season. Toronto going 47-34 would leapfrog them over eight teams based upon last season's final standings. Eight teams. From 12th to 4th in the conference standings. That is a huge improvement. Again, not impossible, but one hell of a jump.

one hell of a jump, yes but it has happened before. of course it was in a weaker division, but in 06/07, the raps improved on the previous year by TWENTY wins. the raps went from 27-55 to 47-35 in the span of a year. this team definitely LOOKS better than that team, so ruling it out is unfair. needless to say, it is possible and people shouldnt be calling homerism. homerism is a new york knicks team with 5 players avging 15+ points a game. homerism is banking on d-rose to immediately catapult himself to elite status, while losing BG and gaining nothing and STILL improving on last year. homerism is that beasley and chalmers will turn into beasts so that dwade will have less pressure on his shoulders and crack the top four. the raps have 2 go-to guys in hedo and bosh, and a top 15 pg. i'm not even accounting for the lottery pick we grabbed who is a slasher with great hops, or the progression of bargs because a lot of you dont even think hes a top 10 C in the league (i think as of right now he's 8 or 9). ATL hasnt lost anyone and GAINED crawford to come off the bench. its only between 2 teams for the 4th spot, ATL and TOR. and as the poll indicates, most of PSD thinks so too.

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 12:31 PM
man, you have no way of proving this. Your just saying it. Here let me try.

Bosh will get tougher on d and finally be that elite player

bargs will be much improved and be a 24/9 player

derozan ends up as a top 3 pick in that draft class and is the second coming of vince carter.

Getting my point?

joseeee, joseeee, joseee...jose....

Mane
08-13-2009, 12:31 PM
:laugh: at these threads.. you know if a possible answer is the Raptors, then they will win the poll.

td0tsfinest
08-13-2009, 12:35 PM
kind of reminscient of when Andrea Bargnani was voted in as 4/5th best center (forgot which one). There was alot of bashing, back and forth.

I guess we'll just have to wait for the new season.

Cubs Win
08-13-2009, 12:40 PM
:laugh: at these threads.. you know if a possible answer is the Raptors, then they will win the poll.

Haha..soooo true.

RaptorsFanatic
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Arrogance has taken over PSD.

When will this thread end?

Unruly Fan
08-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Haha..soooo true.Why aren't they first then?

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 12:50 PM
So how long is this poll going to go on?? Toronto obviously was voted, but won't matter to any of the others.

I'm surprised that Chicago didn't get a few more votes.

New York?? I do think that they are better than Boston was before they got Garnett and Allen. Who know, if they manage to sign Lebron and/or Bosh, they can probably win the championship in a couple of years.

todu82
08-13-2009, 03:36 PM
This is going to be close but I'm going with Toronto. They made a lot of improvements this off-season plus Bosh will be playing for a new contract this season.

clutchski
08-13-2009, 04:00 PM
Chicago has just as many fans on here as Toronto, I bet as many people placing homer votes for Chicago is the same as T. fans.

I voted ATL as a raps fan and see Toronto in the 5th-6th seed.

and I think GOOkies is right this poll will probably be open until the raps lead falters :D lol

Tdots-Guido
08-13-2009, 04:07 PM
If there are so many Toronto homers i would have thought they would be higher then fourth. But honestly i say Toronto because we have a strong starting 5 and our bench is much deeper then Chicago, Atlanta and Washington. Just being honest not hommerism involved here.

Basketballguy87
08-13-2009, 04:57 PM
Toronto is going to be 4th.
Nuff-Said!

heyman321
08-13-2009, 05:20 PM
Lol I only read up to page 6 or so, but Daleja, your points make no sense. Torontosports is owning you. I think it was the Raptors being discussed and you say they will not be so and so seed because they are not a good team and that everything is speculation. While at the same time, you are responding by saying the Miami Heat at 4th seed on speculation that Wade will have another monster year (which I'm sure he will he's freaking amazing lol), and that Beasley will breakout, Jermaine O'Neal will be an all-star again, etc. Your argument totally makes no sense, you could easily say the same for every team.

That being said, I'd say Hawks will be 4th. They have nowhere to go but up from last year IMO, and they added Crawford but they won't be able to ascend into the powerhouse of the East.

dhalvarez
08-13-2009, 07:39 PM
Enough with these blogs...LET'S START THE SEASON ALREADY!!!