PDA

View Full Version : Will Bosh ever be an Elite player like LBJ, D wade nad Kobe?

MackSnackWrap
08-11-2009, 09:00 PM
Do you guys think that Bosh will ever be an elite player like the likes of Kobe and Lebron and even D-Wade?
Post your thoughts and opinions....

Raps18-19 Champ
08-11-2009, 09:01 PM
Only a few reach that status.

_KB24_
08-11-2009, 09:10 PM
He can if he stays in Toronto. I dont think he will going elsewhere.

NYtilIdie
08-11-2009, 09:12 PM
Hell no he's too soft

nbaguy123
08-11-2009, 09:13 PM
he really could be,if he toughened up his game and played with more swagger!! he was playin really well in november last season averaging 26ppg-12rpg during the entire month. and why are there two of the same threads?

MackSnackWrap
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
he really could be,if he toughened up his game and played with more swagger!! he was playin really well in november last season averaging 26ppg-12rpg during the entire month. and why are there two of the same threads?

Doble clicked sum stupid error so now i chandged the thread to sumthin else

MattyPatty
08-11-2009, 09:21 PM
not if he stays in toronto

clutchski
08-11-2009, 09:25 PM
He could be, but there are a lot of other players that have more of an opportunity to reach that status before Bosh.

clutchski
08-11-2009, 09:25 PM
not if he stays in toronto

?

b_rad23
08-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Lol no way.

Not close really.

what54!?
08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
no. He's a great player but not a player that can lead a team to a championship

MackSnackWrap
08-11-2009, 09:31 PM
I think he has the potential he just has to Toughen up and work on his post game and stop setteling for J's and balance his game out

IBleedPurple
08-11-2009, 09:33 PM
LMAO at the lovely misspelled thread title calling Kobe a nad

MackSnackWrap
08-11-2009, 09:34 PM
LMAO at the lovely misspelled thread title calling Kobe a nad

Ye i fuked the title up lmao

zambo4president
08-11-2009, 09:51 PM
Bosh is good but he will not be elite. Now with the Bulls he has a chance, but with Toronto it ain`t gonna happen.

what54!?
08-11-2009, 09:53 PM
Bosh is good but he will not be elite. Now with the Bulls he has a chance, but with Toronto it ain`t gonna happen.
or the heat :eyebrow: :p

smith&wesson
08-11-2009, 09:57 PM
thats not a fair question.

first of all bosh is a powerforward. obviously he wont have the skill sets of a 2/3.

its like asking 15 years ago if malone could be as good as jordan.

how many powerfowards have led the're teams to a championchip ???

malone, barkley, webber, ?????? yeah none..

does that mean they werent great at what they did ?? they were great players. but they werent, jordan, or kobe,lebron, wade ect. . .

apples and oranges.

kobe did have gasol though, jordan had rodman,grant... wade has haslem and beasley ...
lebron doesnt have a ring.

they didnt lead theyre teams to rings with out good players at each position, so can bosh win a ring ?? it depends on how good the team is around him.

zambo4president
08-11-2009, 10:01 PM

first of all bosh in powerforward. obviously he wont have the skill sets of a 2/3.

how many powerfowards have led there teams to a championchip ???

does that mean they werent great at what they did ?? they were great players. but they werent, jordan, or kobe,lebron, wade ect. . .

apples and oranges.

kobe did have gasol though, jordan had rodman,grant... wade has haslem and beasley ... lebron doesnt have a ring.

they didnt lead theyre teams to rings with out good players at each position, so can bosh win a ring ?? it depends on how good the team is around him.

Tim Duncan? Kevin Garnett? I really hope you didnt refer to Udonis Haslem as a key player.

kozelkid
08-11-2009, 10:06 PM

first of all bosh is a powerforward. obviously he wont have the skill sets of a 2/3.

how many powerfowards have led the're teams to a championchip ???

apples and oranges.

kobe did have gasol though, jordan had rodman,grant... wade has haslem and beasley ...
lebron doesnt have a ring.

Bob Pettit? Tim Duncan? Kevin Garnett? Hell Barkley and definitely Malone would have got some rings as well had they not had to go against Jordan.
It has nothing to do with flash. Bosh is a soft player. Hell he's overrated in this league. He's a decent rebounder, but if he want to be elite, he has to become an elite rebounder like Barkley, Garnett, Duncan or Malone. He has to be more assertive offensively and he has to play some ****ing defense. At the moment he's a poor and soft version of KG. He could be unbelievable, but isn't due to his mentality more than anything. I don't expect that to change unfortunately.

kswissdaf
08-11-2009, 10:07 PM
Tim Duncan? Kevin Garnett? I really hope you didnt refer to Udonis Haslem as a key player.

Well the fact of the matter is not even Michael Jordan could win a ring by himself. BTW UD>Any Bulls big man

SeoulBeatz
08-11-2009, 10:14 PM
i think bosh is way more talented than people on this board give him credit for.

he will never be kobes, wade or lebrons level, because he's not that type of player.

but i have a feeling if wins more this season people might start giving him a little more respect.

SteveNash
08-11-2009, 10:17 PM
No, he's closer to David West.

jerz89
08-11-2009, 10:22 PM
i don't hink its fair to use kobe d-wade and lbj. CB4 is more so KG, Tim D. type players but i do think this year or next year will be his year to go into the elite status

daleja424
08-11-2009, 10:26 PM
No. Not flashy enough, not dominant enough, not a GAME CHANGER or FINSHER

daleja424
08-11-2009, 10:27 PM
there are 4 game elite game changers/finishers in basketball... wade, kobe, lebron, and paul

B.JenningsMVP
08-11-2009, 10:28 PM
yea

torontosports10
08-11-2009, 10:29 PM
Why are you comparing him to a SF and two SG's?

Compare him to PF's like KG, Timmy D and what not.

To answer the question he needs to get tougher to get close to them. He is right along there wih Dirk and Amare as the top 2nd tier PF's behind Timmy D and KG.

Although KG is now a cocky prick and I know its bad to say but im glad he inhured his leg for the immature taunting he did to smaller players. Carma is a *****.

Tdots-Guido
08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
This is like asking if dwight howard is better the kobe or lebron. Chris will be a great player when the team around him improves. Hell KG never would have won a championship if the team around him was not so stacked. You cant judge a power forward like that. Give Bosh time and people will start to see more from him. This guy gets no love from anyone its a shame.

daleja424
08-11-2009, 10:35 PM
Why are you comparing him to a SF and two SG's?

Compare him to PF's like KG, Timmy D and what not.

To answer the question he needs to get tougher to get close to them. He is right along there wih Dirk and Amare as the top 2nd tier PF's behind Timmy D and KG.

Although KG is now a cocky prick and I know its bad to say but im glad he inhured his leg for the immature taunting he did to smaller players. Carma is a *****.

b/c those are the ELITE players in the league...

the question wasnt whether he would be an elite PF...its whether he would be considered in the same breathe as a LBJ, Kobe, or Wade... and the answer is no...

smith&wesson
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM

not a key player, i said good players at each positon.

garnet and duncan are great players, and you just proved my point
bosh CAN win a rin. with the right team around him.

classic example kevin garnet in minisota for years and couldnt get it done. in one year he had a good team around him and he lead them to a ring. i say bosh can also do that. give him a ray allen and pierce or gasol and odem

or shaq, haslem, payton, williams, walker, posey lol

none of these guys led an average raptor team to rings, they had seriouse suporting casts... even jordand had pippen..

duncan had parker, ginobly, finley, horry...

my arguement is that first of all you cant compare 4's to 2/3's
and even though we comparing bosh to jordan and kobe ect. . . we gots to remember none of those guys did it alone. lebron hasnt won a ring either. is it because he isnt as good as wade, kobe, jordan or because he has had crappier teams in comparison. i think bosh got the same raw deal,

jsumadchat
08-11-2009, 10:42 PM

tell me how he could possibly have a better chance at elite status in chitown over toronto.

FlakeyFool
08-11-2009, 10:42 PM
banana is the best PF in the game

uncleben989
08-11-2009, 10:50 PM
im a raps fan, and i agree Bosh will never be an ELITE player.

what is hilarious though is the idiots who think the fact of him being toronto hinders his ability to reach that plateau. and of all the teams to suggest...MIAMI? CHICAGO? hahah yea rite

Kobe2324
08-11-2009, 10:51 PM
not in a million years, he should first work on even being on the same level as amare, Gasol, Duncan and god only knows how many other players before even being mentioned in the same breath as those other players, Kobe!?!?! are you kidding me! thats like comparing LBJ to deshawn stevenson haha

daleja424
08-11-2009, 10:55 PM
love how the lakers fans slide their guys in. They make an innocent statement like "Bosh needs to get on the same level as Duncan and Garnette first" and then they slide Pau in with those guys....GET REAL! Bosh is every bit the player as Pau and including Pau in a statement with two all time greats at PF is insulting...

uncleben989
08-11-2009, 11:02 PM
love how the lakers fans slide their guys in. They make an innocent statement like "bosh needs to get on the same level as duncan and garnette first" and then they slide pau in with those guys....get real! Bosh is every bit the player as pau and including pau in a statement with two all time greats at pf is insulting...

+1

SA5195
If Bosh wants to be an elite player, then he will. We can't make decisions, its up to him.

Diggy_2
he will probally be in the top 5

LanceUpperCut
08-11-2009, 11:07 PM
Whats with all the Bosh threads? I do love how all these guys talk about what crap Bosh is but for some reason keep claiming he's coming to thier team.

SA5195
08-11-2009, 11:10 PM
Whats with all the Bosh threads? I do love how all these guys talk about what crap Bosh is but for some reason keep claiming he's coming to thier team.

LOL I know right? first they say he's crap, but if he comes to our team he'll be better lol wow.

salimstoudamire
08-11-2009, 11:13 PM
Common bro. Bosh is no Kobe, Wade, or LeBron. Crazy talk.

clutchski
08-11-2009, 11:28 PM
Bosh is the splitting image of a dinosaur, he will always be a raptor. He also plays like a brontosaurus, so it's difficult to compare him to other players like Amare. And besides, there are many areas to Bosh's game that dominates amare's. Personally, I think if Bosh gets tougher (a lot tougher..), his game can be phenomenal. He had a string of 30+ games at the beginning of the year last season, including a 40 point 18 rebound game in Orlando.

I don't think he can reach superstardom, but he can be a freakin' star.

Toenail Clipper
08-11-2009, 11:30 PM
Bosh = Overrated.
There's been so much talk about him in the Free Agency in 2010.
I mean, WTF!
Bosh will not be a superstar, rather an allstar. That's it.

Trouble87
08-11-2009, 11:36 PM
I voted yes, although I think he's an elite player now

that can change but he's a top 5 power forward in the NBA today

daleja424
08-11-2009, 11:39 PM
I voted yes, although I think he's an elite player now

that can change but he's a top 5 power forward in the NBA today

really? Elite? Elite?

SA5195
08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Bosh is the splitting image of a dinosaur, he will always be a raptor. He also plays like a brontosaurus, so it's difficult to compare him to other players like Amare. And besides, there are many areas to Bosh's game that dominates amare's. Personally, I think if Bosh gets tougher (a lot tougher..), his game can be phenomenal. He had a string of 30+ games at the beginning of the year last season, including a 40 point 18 rebound game in Orlando.

I don't think he can reach superstardom, but he can be a freakin' star.

Just like my sig! :D

ItsTheLastAce
08-11-2009, 11:42 PM
elite pf? yeah maybe. but i dont think he can reach kobe/lebron/wade status. those guys can take over games with some regularity. they are absolutely the best no denying it. it would be a long shot to say bosh would some day reach that status

daleja424
08-11-2009, 11:43 PM

:up:

MacFitz92
08-12-2009, 12:01 AM

Oh, because if he's on your favorite team, then he'll be as good as Kobe or LeBron right?

C'mon lets get real. There are only an elite group of players.

1st Status Elite:
Kobe, LeBron, D-Wade

2nd Status Elite:
Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul III, Carmelo Anthony, Brandon Roy, Kevin Garnett.

uncleben989
08-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Oh, because if he's on your favorite team, then he'll be as good as Kobe or LeBron right?

C'mon lets get real. There are only an elite group of players.

1st Status Elite:
Kobe, LeBron, D-Wade

2nd Status Elite:
Tim Duncan, Dwight Howard, Dirk Nowitzki, Chris Paul III, Carmelo Anthony, Brandon Roy, Kevin Garnett.

i wouldnt put d-wade int the 1st status elite

clutchski
08-12-2009, 12:30 AM

haha I know..he has dino in his DNA :)

lorenz00
08-12-2009, 12:32 AM
yes and u will see it this year!

b_rad23
08-12-2009, 12:34 AM
i wouldnt put d-wade int the 1st status elite

Then you'd be ignorant.

blastmasta26
08-12-2009, 03:12 AM
No. The fact that Bosh couldn't lead the Raptors to the playoffs yet is enough to show that he isn't on their level.

sp1derm00
08-12-2009, 03:19 AM
Durant's gonna be mentioned along w/ Kobe, Lebron, and Wade next season.

TheMicrowave
08-12-2009, 03:43 AM
He is not on the elite level right now. I voted NO. I don't think he will reach it, but he sure is a hell of a player. Not many players are that level in my eyes right now, maybe three or four.

awr0430
08-12-2009, 03:45 AM
Then you'd be ignorant.

x2

awr0430
08-12-2009, 03:48 AM
Now people say Bosh is soft. I however disagree there is a difference between being soft and being weightless. I just think he needs to put some weight on his body so he can stop being bullied. The effort is there he just doesnt have the body to man handle people in the post. That's why he settles for jumpers. But its up to him whether he decides to put on weight or not.

As far as being elite i would say no.

azkarraga
08-12-2009, 04:20 AM
no.

LanceUpperCut
08-12-2009, 07:38 AM
No. The fact that Bosh couldn't lead the Raptors to the playoffs yet is enough to show that he isn't on their level.

Failure. If your gonna make comments you have to know a little bit about the topic.:pity:

CELTICS4LYFE
08-12-2009, 08:17 AM
he's good now could b great but elite? i dont think so

BkOriginalOne
08-12-2009, 08:37 AM
That class of players are people that can win multiple titles and MVPs (Wade is goign to get his first one this year).
Bosh won't get either in his career.

GAWDtv
08-12-2009, 08:50 AM
He has the skills and the touch and the drive, all he needs is a good team around him.

younggunn113
08-12-2009, 08:55 AM
No, in all honesty I think Pau is a fair comparison. He's not great enough to carry a team to a championship, albeit he did win 50 ,49 and 45 with that team, he went 0-12 in the playoffs. Bosh will be an awesome secondary player. If Bosh has another player next to him who is just a bit better or even just someone who can take the big shot when needed, he could easily average 25-10 or so. I'm not even talking about a player next to him like Kobe or Lebron or Wade, but players even like Joe Johnson or Kevin Durant I think he could win a championship with. Obviously not the Thunder right now, but with a player of that caliber next to him he could compete if surrounded with good role players.

pebloemer
08-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow... over 20% of people actually think Bosh will be in the category of Wade, LeBron and Kobe???

ctitus45
08-12-2009, 09:22 AM
Bosh will be considered one of the best PF's if he can get to the KG/Dirk/Duncan but ultimately he will have to leave this game as a better PF (or the same) as Duncan.

king4day
08-12-2009, 09:26 AM
Howard needs to be in that first level of elite since Bosh will never hold a candle to him.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-12-2009, 09:39 AM
No, in all honesty I think Pau is a fair comparison. He's not great enough to carry a team to a championship, albeit he did win 50 ,49 and 45 with that team, he went 0-12 in the playoffs. Bosh will be an awesome secondary player. If Bosh has another player next to him who is just a bit better or even just someone who can take the big shot when needed, he could easily average 25-10 or so. I'm not even talking about a player next to him like Kobe or Lebron or Wade, but players even like Joe Johnson or Kevin Durant I think he could win a championship with. Obviously not the Thunder right now, but with a player of that caliber next to him he could compete if surrounded with good role players.

thats the same thing i been thinkin somehow i can picture him in a pacer uniform playing wit granger....

magichatnumber9
08-12-2009, 09:57 AM
Bosh will never be elite. He is very consistent

GCOOKIE7
08-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Bosh will never be elite. He is very consistent

He wont be elite because he's consistent????

Hawkeye15
08-12-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't think so. Only a handful of those kind of players are in the league at a time. Bosh is at the age where he should be in his prime. He is basically a poor mans KG, nothing more. Star player, but not elite.

b_rad23
08-12-2009, 01:41 PM
What you can see into the future can ya.

**** some Miami fans are dumb.

This is Kobe and Lebrons league. Wade is below them. Stop saying he will be the MVP blah blah blah.

Now as for Chicago fans they all say not a chance yet if he ever signed there then he is the second coming of Christ and deserves to be in the Elite status.

Lol at thinking that guy was a Miami fan...:pity: And statistically Wade is better than Kobe, and Wade has a ring on Lebron (and a Finals MVP). Maybe you should rethink your stance. Any knowledgeable NBA fan knows he's top 3.

He wont be elite because he's consistent????

No he is consistent, but not elite.

I don't think so. Only a handful of those kind of players are in the league at a time. Bosh is at the age where he should be in his prime. He is basically a poor mans KG, nothing more. Star player, but not elite.

Yup. Exactly. (He's 24 so I guess he has a little room to grow, but he'll never be top 3 or top 5 IMO)

GCOOKIE7
08-12-2009, 02:03 PM
Lol at thinking that guy was a Miami fan...:pity: And statistically Wade is better than Kobe, and Wade has a ring on Lebron (and a Finals MVP). Maybe you should rethink your stance. Any knowledgeable NBA fan knows he's top 3.

No he is consistent, but not elite.

Yup. Exactly. (He's 24 so I guess he has a little room to grow, but he'll never be top 3 or top 5 IMO)

Bosh is consistent. He has cool hair. He likes Cheerios. He cam dunk.

NANDOKNICK
08-12-2009, 02:29 PM
a great player ?

smith&wesson
08-12-2009, 03:52 PM
Bob Pettit? Tim Duncan? Kevin Garnett? Hell Barkley and definitely Malone would have got some rings as well had they not had to go against Jordan.
It has nothing to do with flash. Bosh is a soft player. Hell he's overrated in this league. He's a decent rebounder, but if he want to be elite, he has to become an elite rebounder like Barkley, Garnett, Duncan or Malone. He has to be more assertive offensively and he has to play some ****ing defense. At the moment he's a poor and soft version of KG. He could be unbelievable, but isn't due to his mentality more than anything. I don't expect that to change unfortunately.

do you have numbers, facts to support your statements???

do you really thing if bosh was traded to boston instead of kg that they wouldnt have won that ring ???

you say IF barkley and malone didnt go against jordan they would have won rings... can we say the same about kobe, lebron, wade ? they could stop bosh from getting a ring the same way ... my point is none of those guys did anything with out a good suporting cast.. and by that i mean.. with out allen and pierce kg doesnt have a ring. with out parker, ginobly, horry, finley ... duncan wouldnt have a ring..

thats my point. what seperates bosh from these guys is that they had elite teams to help them achieve a ring. bosh does not have that. if he did and didnt win a ring i could understand your arguement... but your just mentioning names and saying if if if... well if bosh had allen and pierce ... if bosh had shaq, haslem, walker, payton, if bosh had ginboly, parker, finley, horry, if bosh had odem, gasol, then he would be elite ?? your not making sence man. barkley and malone were great players and never won a ring. does that mean they werent elite ?? because they were, and last time i checked bosh was a 4 time all star and 2 time olympion, 1 time gold medal winner.. that puts him in an elite class. despite your opinion, these are facts that prove that he is one of the best at his position in our league today.

Hawkeye15
08-12-2009, 03:55 PM
do you have numbers, facts to support your statements???

do you really thing if bosh was traded to boston instead of kg that they wouldnt have won that ring ???

you say IF barkley and malone didnt go against jordan they would have won rings... can we say the same about kobe, lebron, wade ? they could stop bosh from getting a ring the same way ... my point is none of those guys did anything with out a good suporting cast.. and by that i mean.. with out allen and pierce kg doesnt have a ring. with out parker, ginobly, horry, finley ... duncan wouldnt have a ring..

thats my point. what seperates bosh from these guys is that they had elite teams to help them achieve a ring. bosh does not have that. if he did and didnt win a ring i could understand your arguement... but your just mentioning names and saying if if if... well if bosh had allen and pierce ... if bosh had shaq, haslem, walker, payton, if bosh had ginboly, parker, finley, horry, if bosh had odem, gasol, then he would be elite ?? your not making sence man. barkley and malone were great players and never won a ring. does that mean they werent elite ?? because they were, and last time i checked bosh was a 4 time all star and 2 time olympion, 1 time gold medal winner.. that puts him in an elite class. despite your opinion, these are facts that prove that he is one of the best at his position in our league today.

good points, but Bosh over KG, and the Celtics don't win it.
And Jordan stopped numerous HOF's from getting rings, some of the best of all time. THere is far more disparity today. Anyone has a chance. The only thing that gave the ROckets a chance, was MJ left for a couple years.

smith&wesson
08-12-2009, 04:54 PM
good points, but Bosh over KG, and the Celtics don't win it.
And Jordan stopped numerous HOF's from getting rings, some of the best of all time. THere is far more disparity today. Anyone has a chance. The only thing that gave the ROckets a chance, was MJ left for a couple years.

your right because of jordan alot of players were denied rings,

but my point was, does that make those players not elite ?? because they werent able to get past jordan ?? and if they did would that make jordan not elite ?? all im saying is those guys were elite despite them not winning rings

also the guys who won rings, they didnt do it alone, they all had crazy suporting cast players ...

also you maybe right maybe boston wouldnt have won if bosh replaced kg BUT
bosh's numbers were all better then kg's were that year boston won last.

bigsams50
08-12-2009, 06:51 PM
your right because of jordan alot of players were denied rings,

but my point was, does that make those players not elite ?? because they werent able to get past jordan ?? and if they did would that make jordan not elite ?? all im saying is those guys were elite despite them not winning rings

also the guys who won rings, they didnt do it alone, they all had crazy suporting cast players ...

also you maybe right maybe boston wouldnt have won if bosh replaced kg BUT
bosh's numbers were all better then kg's were that year boston won last.

kg was a dominate force on the defensive end, bosh is not