PDA

View Full Version : Will A.I. support a team to a championship?

mrblisterdundee
08-11-2009, 08:25 PM
I was reading an article on NBA.com about Iverson having to change (http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/art_garcia/08/11/iverson/index.html) his style of play and reputation in order to find any success.
He's still got it, but not as a franchise player. I would still say that Iverson is currently the best player at getting to the foul line not named Dwayne Wade. There shouldn't be any worries about the guy's age or health; he can still play almost the entire game almost the entire season. Finally, I do agree he needs to embrace being a combo guard who supports and scores when needed.

Who thinks he will change if given the opportunity for a championship?

Tdots-Guido
08-11-2009, 08:27 PM
Honestly AI was always one of my fav players but honestly i don't see him coming off a bench to support a team. He was such a dominate player before and to him it accept a back up position it is not realistic imo.

mikantsass
08-11-2009, 08:31 PM
Dont think it will happen. He wants playing time, which he will not get on a contending team.

nbaguy123
08-11-2009, 09:37 PM
no he will not, he is to stubborn to settle down and play for the good of the team within a system. he wants to start and get big minutes aswell. he doesnt complement star players too. ex: melo+ai=fail ex2:sheed,rip,tayshaun+ai=epic fail

Raph12
08-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Honestly AI was always one of my fav players but honestly i don't see him coming off a bench to support a team. He was such a dominate player before and to him it accept a back up position it is not realistic imo.

Right on the money, AI has led the league in scoring twice as many times as Kobe and four times as many as Wade or Lebron. Now scoring may not be the golden standard of measuring a player's status but anyone who does that will be arrogant and snub the idea of playing someone's backup. Ie. Michael Jordan came to Washington and sucked a$s, but if anyone told him that he would play backup to Larry Hughes, Jordan would laugh at the idea. Now don't get your panties in a bunch I'm not saying AI is on MJ's level, but I am saying he has the same arrogance and that'll prevent him from ever changing.

scully8743
08-11-2009, 11:22 PM
i can't see this happening.

Toenail Clipper
08-11-2009, 11:26 PM
That is why he needs to go to the Clippers.
LOL
JK

FaceDown91
08-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Michael Jordan came to Washington and sucked a$s

um excuse me?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_jordan/index.html

explain to me how even at the age of 39 and 40 years did he suck with those numbers?

Raph12
08-11-2009, 11:39 PM
um excuse me?

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/michael_jordan/index.html

explain to me how even at the age of 39 and 40 years did he suck with those numbers?

I'm not comparing him to a 39/40 year old, I'm comparing him to stars in the NBA at the time. Jordan wasn't half the player he was in Chi-town, with that being said if anyone told him that he would still blow a gasket. Arrogance comes with the status and at one point AI was known as the best player in the world (2001 MVP season) and for any MVP to be told to play the bench is hard to swallow, especially one with 4 scoring titles under his belt. I knew the Jordan possy would take what I said offensively but try to open your damn minds and see the point, ANY MVP WHO LED THE LEAGUE IN SCORING FOUR TIMES WOULD NOT WANT TO PLAY THE BENCH! PERIOD!

Toenail Clipper
08-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Why doesn't he just go to a sucky team like Sacramento, Bobcats, Milwaukee, Timberwolves, Knicks, Nets, or Pacers. That way, he gets more minutes AND he get the money he wants.

daleja424
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
he could help lead a team to a title...but he doesnt have the right mindset and he seems to have no interest in changing

bigsams50
08-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Why doesn't he just go to a sucky team like Sacramento, Bobcats, Milwaukee, Timberwolves, Knicks, Nets, or Pacers. That way, he gets more minutes AND he get the money he wants.

um, the clippers are sucky 2

king4day
08-12-2009, 11:34 AM
Based on the teams he's rumored to go to, I'd say no. Heat would be the closest, but he's not putting them over the top. Clips, Cats, Griz are below them.

Sports Illustrator
08-12-2009, 07:27 PM
At this point he may not be able to support a championship team as he'd need to be the main focus of any offense in any team he plays for.

He definitely shouldn't be coming off the bench though. Last season he was 17 and 5 as a starter. That isn't too bad IMO.

bigsams50
08-12-2009, 07:29 PM
the cats should sign em, i believe that would make them a fav to make the playoffs in the east (even though i think they will make it without em)

SteveNash
08-12-2009, 09:45 PM
It's too late for Iverson, he couldn't change his style of play right now even if he wanted to.

Toenail Clipper
08-12-2009, 11:54 PM
the cats should sign em, i believe that would make them a fav to make the playoffs in the east (even though i think they will make it without em)

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
LMAO!
The BOBCATS will make the playoffs?
LOLOLOL!
And you say the Clippers suck
WOOOOOOOOOW

Raph12
08-13-2009, 12:24 AM

no they wouldn't with Toronto and Washington getting stronger, the cats will be pushed to 10th or 11th imo, if anything AI can give them the playoff push they need

IversonIsKrazy
08-13-2009, 02:51 AM
bigsams50, u have just overrated Cats BIG TIME!! There going to be like 11th seed, with AI's help, they would push for the playoffs.

Theanswer76
08-13-2009, 03:40 AM
At this point he may not be able to support a championship team as he'd need to be the main focus of any offense in any team he plays for.

He definitely shouldn't be coming off the bench though. Last season he was 17 and 5 as a starter. That isn't too bad IMO.

haha man love the sig.

GoatMilk
08-13-2009, 03:41 AM
enough of the AI threads

who cares anymore about him.

Randy West
08-13-2009, 03:54 AM
AI could help a team if he was actually concerned with the team concept over himself.

This is AI we are talking about so you know that will not happen.

JayW_1023
08-13-2009, 04:35 AM
Alot of people could've led the league in scoring if they got the amount of shots AI took every game. Surround him with really good role players...alongside other stars he will only cause the offense to lose efficiency with his reluctance to pass unless he is denied his own scoring opportunities.

bigsams50
08-13-2009, 06:51 AM
ARE YOU SERIOUS?!
LMAO!
The BOBCATS will make the playoffs?
LOLOLOL!
And you say the Clippers suck
WOOOOOOOOOW

wow, you alterd my quote in ur sig, thts gay, and yes, the cats barely missed the playoffs last year, and i beleive 2nd year under larry brown they will make the playoffs, i never said they'd be a fav in the east, i said theyd make the playoffs

bigsams50
08-13-2009, 07:08 AM
also, clips only won 19 games, cats won 35, and im the moron for saying the cats are gonna make the playoffs? you think the clips will in the west. clips=failure. and dunleavy should have been fired, not sure y theyre keepin him around.

BULLSFAN0810
08-13-2009, 11:11 AM
i think he should sacrafice and go to Porland , run PG .... they need a leader at PG , and i think he can with the righ coaxing .

OT Thriller
08-13-2009, 12:43 PM
i think he should sacrafice and go to Porland , run PG .... they need a leader at PG , and i think he can with the righ coaxing .

They just signed Andre Miller...

dodgers310
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
um, the clippers are sucky 2

hahahahahaha