PDA

View Full Version : What is up with GReece?

heattiltheend94
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
On the news, every single day players are getting snatched up by GReece. I'm not denying that scenery ain't nice, but why Greece? THey use Euros which is a 50% increase to the dollar so everything is more expensive, and none of their friends or family live there. Evry1 is goin there: Childress, mayb A.I., Kleiza, Dozier, and they offered Rubio a contraxt. Wuz up w that?

heattiltheend94
08-11-2009, 01:11 PM
read plz.

JayW_1023
08-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Von Wafer signed with Olympiakos too...not exactly a loss for the NBA though.

td0tsfinest
08-11-2009, 01:28 PM
On the news, every single day players are getting snatched up by GReece. I'm not denying that scenery ain't nice, but why Greece? THey use Euros which is a 50% increase to the dollar so everything is more expensive, and none of their friends or family live there. Evry1 is goin there: Childress, mayb A.I., Kleiza, Dozier, and they offered Rubio a contraxt. Wuz up w that?

4 guys (not to mention one of them is a second rounder without a guaranteed contract) is not everyone.
Guys like Wafer, Childress and Kleiza aren't game changers, they're still capable of playing in the nba and getting consistent minutes.
But the NBA didn't get worse with these guys gone.

JayW_1023
08-11-2009, 01:32 PM
Free Ouzo and Tzasiki samples everyday is not the worst thing in the world.

The Panch
08-11-2009, 02:04 PM
I would go there for the women, I heard they got some hotties. I don't think I would go there for any other reason.

bigsams50
08-11-2009, 02:13 PM
i live in greece, its nice, and they get paid in euros, so it would translate more in us dollars

arkanian215
08-11-2009, 03:30 PM
they make more money over there. it's all about the money.

Goon.Weezy
08-11-2009, 03:47 PM
they make more money over there. it's all about the money.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTFJocQBLyE

28+24+5=3champs
08-11-2009, 03:51 PM
it gives them a chance to show the NBA what they can do when they get consistent minutes.

bigsams50: sweet sig but wheres danny green? he was awesome last year

algreek3
08-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Greece is surrounded by crystal clear waters, hundreds of islands, 24 hour parties, hot girls, and an incredible party life.

Giaps
08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
They offer a lot of money, it's tax free, it's euros, they give you a free place to live and a car, it's a beautiful country with beautiful girls, you get treated like a king, the league is one of the most competitive in the world outside the NBA and it is usually a temporary 1-2 year deal.

Olympiakos owners have money and they want to win. It's a pretty good gig.

They also offered Nate Robinson a 2yr $10 million euro deal he declined.

Tblaze
08-11-2009, 04:32 PM
I'm in Greece right now, but I don't know what's up.

KnicksR4Real
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
Money, it pretty simple.

cdnsportsfan
08-11-2009, 05:30 PM
They offer a lot of money, it's tax free, it's euros, they give you a free place to live and a car, it's a beautiful country with beautiful girls, you get treated like a king, the league is one of the most competitive in the world outside the NBA and it is usually a temporary 1-2 year deal.

Olympiakos owners have money and they want to win. It's a pretty good gig.

They also offered Nate Robinson a 2yr $10 million euro deal he declined.

x2, Greece is beautiful and they offer some very nice perks for the athletes. On top of that these players (a handful of them not everyone) who are going over aren't necessarily in high demand in the NBA anymore but they are in Europe, so obviously makes sense that way too.

There's some solid ball being played around the world, not on par with the best of the NBA but still quality. Combine that with more money and a beautiful location and it just may be a no-brainer!

Raps18-19 Champ
08-11-2009, 05:45 PM
They get paid more, they get a free house and car(Well it is rented for them), they have a shorter season and it is like taking a paid vacation when your around all that history.

heattiltheend94
08-11-2009, 05:48 PM
Guess ur right, but stuff there costs more than here, so unless if they save, they would be earning the same amount of money

bigsams50
08-11-2009, 06:38 PM
it gives them a chance to show the NBA what they can do when they get consistent minutes.

bigsams50: sweet sig but wheres danny green? he was awesome last year

hahaha, couldnt find a pic of him with a cavs uni, if you can find one i will include em

GAWDtv
08-11-2009, 06:48 PM
THe reason why is these are avg. players. Avg. players get paid more in Eur. than they do in US. The appeal is to play in "the best L in the World." I played football in EUR and the Athletes life is like Royalty or Hollywood celebrities. We ate for free in the top restaurants, we went to all the clubs free, the women LOVE you once they know your a import athlete. What's not to love. You bank most your money until you get home, tax free money. Europe life is sweet. I would look to play for a team in Spain, Ibeza Spain. AI should look to do that, get a cute lil spanish tutor and just gwan enjoy life with the Lovers and away from the haters