PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Nearing 2 Yr Deal With Powe

IndiansFan337
08-11-2009, 07:28 AM
The Cavaliers and free agent Leon Powe could finalize a two-year contract after he meets with team doctors on Tuesday.
Powe is returning from major knee surgery and isn't expected to play before the All-Star break. The Cavaliers reportedly hold an option for 2010-2011 as an insurance policy and fantasy owners shouldn't expect anything from him this season.
Rotoworld.com

Mave1002
08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
what is the point of this signing then?:eyebrow:

magichatnumber9
08-11-2009, 08:01 AM
The Celtics factor.

Vinny642
08-11-2009, 08:16 AM
Ughhh I wish we made a play for him, but he is hurt so w/e

Wilson
08-11-2009, 08:24 AM
Just because he's injured doesn't mean he'll play no part. If he progresses, he may play after the all-star break, or next season. If he doesn't, the Cavs can just use their team-option to release him in the summer. With an established front court depth chart, this is a low risk/high reward signing.

Nice move Cleveland...

cvburg
08-11-2009, 08:42 AM
comming from an orlando fan this is a great move for cleveland...i think when powe is on he has sixth man of the year potential and offensively he is much much better than varejao...i hate the cavs but they are doing a lot of moves that are great for depth

mikantsass
08-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Powe will be recovering from his 3rd torn ACL surgery. He will not be done with his rehab until after the all-star break. Many believe his career is over and that is why the Celtics did not re-sign him. Its a shame, we loved him in Boston. Great guy, but i dont think he plays in the NBA again.

Wilson
08-11-2009, 08:54 AM
Powe will be recovering from his 3rd torn ACL surgery. He will not be done with his rehab until after the all-star break. Many believe his career is over and that is why the Celtics did not re-sign him. Its a shame, we loved him in Boston. Great guy, but i dont think he plays in the NBA again.

It is a shame, he was looking like a pretty nice player...

Super.
08-11-2009, 09:23 AM
I hope he plays again....he always had such great potential....loved the guy. At least he's going to my 2nd favorite team. i would love him back on the C's but..Sheed>Powe

BRADY4MVP
08-11-2009, 09:26 AM
damn. 1 of my favorite players. always plays hard and is in the right spot at the right time. sucks that he is going to a big rival, but i will still cheer him on

rabzouz 96
08-11-2009, 10:13 AM
I hope he plays again....he always had such great potential....loved the guy. At least he's going to my 2nd favorite team. i would love him back on the C's but..Sheed>Powe

at this time of sheeds career im not too sure about that comparison if we take the preinjury powe of the last 2 seasons. dunno how he will perform from now on though.

BTownTeamsRKing
08-11-2009, 10:25 AM
he was one of my favorite players. that said. i hope he never recovers in this 2 year span. he is competition now and its all about a ring in 2009-2010. so sorry Leon, we loved u, but now dont expect much love with this move.

there was 2 teams u cant go to and u picked 1 of them.

Wilson
08-11-2009, 10:34 AM
he was one of my favorite players. that said. i hope he never recovers in this 2 year span. he is competition now and its all about a ring in 2009-2010. so sorry Leon, we loved u, but now dont expect much love with this move.

there was 2 teams u cant go to and u picked 1 of them.

Come on, don't wish injury on a player just because he's on a competing team...

JordansBulls
08-11-2009, 10:35 AM
Considering how Big Baby played he is the backup to KG while Sheed is the backup to Perkins.

Wake's Fastball
08-11-2009, 11:05 AM
Great. Now the Cavs will have two of my favorite players between him and Delonte.

Ace33Bone
08-11-2009, 11:41 AM
I think this is a great look for the Cavs they need to surround Lebron with as many finishers as possible and one of the things that Powe does best is finish. He also plays good defense and rebounds which are two areas the Cavs can improve upon

CELTICS4LYFE
08-11-2009, 12:45 PM
at this time of sheeds career im not too sure about that comparison if we take the preinjury powe of the last 2 seasons. Dunno how he will perform from now on though.

either way sheed is better....

GrkGawdofWalkz
08-11-2009, 12:49 PM
He's a good player, accurate at the free throw line and a decent defender for his size. He also has a good post move. I think he's twice the player "Big flabby" is.

king4day
08-11-2009, 01:00 PM
Excellent move.
If he comes back and remains healthy when he does, then this is a deal that could alter a playoffs series

ko8e24
08-11-2009, 01:09 PM

way to throw optimism out the window :eyebrow:

IndiansFan337
08-11-2009, 02:28 PM
what is the point of this signing then?:eyebrow:
To add depth behind Varejao. To give us a little more offense at that position. And he is playoff tested.

either way sheed is better....
Certainly.