PDA

View Full Version : NBA Rivalries

Tha Truth
08-11-2009, 01:13 AM
What are the biggest rivalries in the NBA right now?

Lakers/Celtics

Suns/Spurs

What do you guys think?

Toxeryll
08-11-2009, 01:21 AM
LeBron and Kobe

ZebraCity916
08-11-2009, 01:25 AM
I don't see any real rivalries in the NBA.

I guess Celtics and Lakers though.....

THiiRTYONE
08-11-2009, 01:28 AM
from all the moves i say raptors and orlando would be pretty tight.
nelson vs. calderon
carter vs. demar
pietrus vs. hedo
lewis vs. bosh
howard vs. bargnani
but we still have to wait for the season :)

Toxeryll
08-11-2009, 01:35 AM
nelson vs. calderon
carter vs. demar
pietrus vs. hedo
lewis vs. bosh
howard vs. bargnani

i disagree, orlando is clearly the better team and putting the raptors anywhere close to them is a joke.. i say the raptors are on the level with the hawks and wizards

AlexTmz2
08-11-2009, 01:39 AM
Spurs - Dallas

cmellofan15
08-11-2009, 01:43 AM
Nuggets vs. Jazz

Nuggets vs. Blazers

Mavs vs. Spurs

Lakers vs. Celtics

LeBron vs. Kobe

SA5195
08-11-2009, 01:50 AM
Raptors only cause Hedo was in Orlando, and Vince was in Toronto, and alot of people are comparing Derozan with Carter, plus Bosh and Howard are pretty good friends (just added that). BTW we could beat Orlando (not in all games) cause last season we tied with them 2-2, and both teams got better, so we'll see.

kombayn
08-11-2009, 06:14 AM
Lakers/Celtics

Lakers/Cavaliers

Lakers/Blazers

Celtics/Bulls

Magic/Cavaliers

Spurs/Mavericks

Those are only the "REAL" rivaliries in the NBA that I can think of right now.

azkarraga
08-11-2009, 06:38 AM
history:
celtics - lakers

recently:
suns - spurs

asandhu23
08-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Lakers-Warriors ( because of Wilt and later on Nate Thurmond and then Rick Barry )

Warriors-Mavericks ( 2007 Playoffs )

Warriors-New York ( dont know why but we do have a rivalry...maybe east coast-west coast, notorious big versus tupac....lol )

DeeJay
08-11-2009, 07:22 AM
nelson vs. calderon
carter vs. demar
pietrus vs. hedo
lewis vs. bosh
howard vs. bargnani

Being a homer heh?

Wilson
08-11-2009, 08:13 AM
i disagree, orlando is clearly the better team and putting the raptors anywhere close to them is a joke.. i say the raptors are on the level with the hawks and wizards

Teams don't have to be evenly matched for it to be a rivalry. Consider the Lakers/Suns in '06, '07 and '08. There was always one team clearly better than the other (Suns '06 & '07, Lakers '08), but there was still bad blood, and both sides hated to lose to the other more than other teams.

Anyway, historically, nothing in the NBA compares to Lakers/Celtics in my opinion. Right now there's a few: Lakers/Celtics, Lakers/Spurs (which has fizzled a bit, but still matters), Lakers/Blazers, Cavs/Wizards, and Cavs/Celtics.

The Celtics and Bulls should grow into a nice rivalry, as should the Blazers and Nuggets.

There's probably more that I'm forgetting, because every fan base has one or two teams they just hate to lose to.

magichatnumber9
08-11-2009, 08:13 AM
To me it seems the Suns have more than just one rivalry.

LanceUpperCut
08-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Being a homer heh?

How on earth is that being a homer, it's not like the guy is saying T.O. is better it's ovious with the players it will be a rivialry plus I say T.O. gets 2 out of 4 from Orlando.

Byronicle
08-11-2009, 08:30 AM
Magic vs. Toronto

in the past TMac wanted to leav Raptors and he went to Orlando

Then We got Hedo Turkoglu

And now they got He Who Shall Not be Named...but ill name him anyways, Vince Carter

Bosh vs. Howard is always a lot of fun to watch

stealth33
08-11-2009, 08:43 AM
Cleveland vs Washington is the closest thing I've seen to a true old school rivalry recently and that has fizzled.

Suns vs Spurs was another good one

Pacers vs Pistons COULD have been a very good one but that escalated way too high way too quickly.

Celtics vs Lakers is too historically based...I just don't sense the real bad blood.

My favorite historical rivalry as far as bad blood was Heat vs Knicks.

As far as more basketball based rivalries RIGHT NOW, there really aren't many that actually feel like rivalries and not just media hype. I think Lakers vs Blazers might turn into something nice. Magic vs Celtics vs Cavs will be a nice three way rivalry at least until this year is over.

Wilson
08-11-2009, 09:02 AM
Cleveland vs Washington is the closest thing I've seen to a true old school rivalry recently and that has fizzled.

Suns vs Spurs was another good one

Pacers vs Pistons COULD have been a very good one but that escalated way too high way too quickly.

Celtics vs Lakers is too historically based...I just don't sense the real bad blood.

My favorite historical rivalry as far as bad blood was Heat vs Knicks.

As far as more basketball based rivalries RIGHT NOW, there really aren't many that actually feel like rivalries and not just media hype. I think Lakers vs Blazers might turn into something nice. Magic vs Celtics vs Cavs will be a nice three way rivalry at least until this year is over.

Maybe not so much yet, but it's getting there. During the game in Boston last season, Kobe and Rondo were in each other's grills, as were Lamar and KG. Also, it's never going to lose it's importance with the fans, which counts a lot.

akesh99
08-11-2009, 09:34 AM
As a raps fan I'm excited to see us play Orlando. They have Carter, we have Hedo. Carter always plays his heart out against Toronto and I'm sure we can expect the same from Hedo against Orlando. Also, Howard and Bosh are good friends, and always seem to step up their game when they're playing each other. Not to mention there was a pretty heated playoff series a couple years ago when they beat us in 5. Should be fun to watch.

SunsFanIam
08-11-2009, 10:00 AM
Lakers V. Celtics

Lakers V. Kings (atleast for a little bit.)

Detriot V. Bulls

Suns V. Spurs

Suns V. Lakers (Only because there is so many Laker fans in Arizona)

Spurs V. Mavericks

cowboyz180
08-11-2009, 10:17 AM
mavs and spurs

ya_boi
08-11-2009, 11:23 AM
Bulls vs Knicks
Bulls vs Celtics
LAL vs SA
WIZ vs CAVS