PDA

View Full Version : Rubio likely to join Wolves this year after all??

AI4MVP
08-10-2009, 03:24 PM
According to CBSSports.com, the door is "wide open" for Ricky Rubio to join the Timberwolves this season.
The argument is that Rubio's Spanish team, DKV Joventut, would have already announced his transfer to another European club unless a buyout were still possible. Despite recent reports that Rubio has decided to stay in Spain, new head coach Kurt Rambis is optimistic that he will join the Wolves this season. As usual, we'll report every twist and turn of this interminable saga

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NBA&id=1596&line=117291&spln=1

if Rubio does join the NBA this year, who are you most excited to see him play against??

for me its Brandon Jennings because of how he called Rubio out before the draft. I think that will become a good rivalry in the future

Jays Claw
08-10-2009, 03:34 PM
A never ending saga. :sigh:

DerekRE_3
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I'd want to see him play against Tyreke Evans, the guy the Kings picked instead of him. I just can't see Rubio doing that well against him though, at least defensively. Reke is just too strong and long.

DCSportsIsPain
08-10-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm starting to hope Ricky Rubio dies is a horrific accident so I can stop seeing new threads about where he will play.

Jays Claw
08-10-2009, 03:38 PM
If Ricky Rubio does play in the NBA then I would like to see him and Brandon Jennings go toe to toe.

DerekRE_3
08-10-2009, 03:40 PM
If Ricky Rubio does play in the NBA then I would like to see him and Brandon Jennings go toe to toe.

That's another good one. It's going to be fun watching the rookie PG's go at each other in the West:

Tyfreak Evans
Stephen Curry
Ricky Rubio
Johnny Flynn

RaptorsFanatic
08-10-2009, 03:43 PM
I'm starting to hope Ricky Rubio dies is a horrific accident so I can stop seeing new threads about where he will play.

I hate when people wish death on someone else, it pisses me off so much. Hate is a strong word, but yes I am getting very tired of hearing Rubio. NOBODY CARES HONESTLY!

Catfish1314
08-10-2009, 03:46 PM
I hope he does get to come to the NBA this year. He's who I wanted the Kings to draft so I'm anxious to see how he does.

AI4MVP
08-10-2009, 03:59 PM
yeah i cant wait to see him play against the Kings too. eventually there gunna feel really bad that they picked Tyreke Evans instead of RIcky Rubio

Catfish1314
08-10-2009, 04:13 PM
yeah i cant wait to see him play against the Kings too. eventually there gunna feel really bad that they picked Tyreke Evans instead of RIcky Rubio

I doubt it. Evans isn't much older than Rubio and physically, he's far more ready for the NBA than Rubio is. Plus if Geoff Petrie thought that, he would have taken Rubio. He has an excellent draft record.

DerekRE_3
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
I doubt it. Evans isn't much older than Rubio and physically, he's far more ready for the NBA than Rubio is. Plus if Geoff Petrie thought that, he would have taken Rubio. He has an excellent draft record.

Exactly, especially with European players. See: Hedo and Peja

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 04:43 PM

even as a Wolves fan, Tyreke is physically more ready. We may have to wait a year or two before Rubio is kicking his butt

johnnychan
08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
Would love to see Rubio do good, but i think this dude is going to get punished in the NBA.

DetroitRipCity
08-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Would love to see Rubio do good, but i think this dude is going to get punished in the NBA.

x2

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 04:55 PM

you mean the same kid who held his own against Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, and Deron Williams? He may struggle on defense initially, but he will be one of the top playmakers from day 1. Shot is not as bad as he is given grief for. He needs to add some weight, but he is farther along at his age than anyone since LeBron. Not saying he will have that effect at all, but I would expect a very good PG out of him.

blazerman
08-10-2009, 05:03 PM
I would really like to see the kid and it would be really good for Minni and there fans.

I am tired of hearing about though. It has been drama from day one on who he would be willing to sign with and will he play in the NBA this yr, if there was so many obsticales why even put a team through all the hoops this yr and not just wait another yr or two.

Jays Claw
08-10-2009, 05:03 PM

Yup!

johnnychan
08-10-2009, 05:06 PM
you mean the same kid who held his own against Chris Paul, Jason Kidd, and Deron Williams? He may struggle on defense initially, but he will be one of the top playmakers from day 1. Shot is not as bad as he is given grief for. He needs to add some weight, but he is farther along at his age than anyone since LeBron. Not saying he will have that effect at all, but I would expect a very good PG out of him.

I think hes to small and slow. He will be a great passer but I dont see him doing that good offensively or defensively.

b_rad23
08-10-2009, 05:21 PM
Really would like to see him in the NBA.

This should be done by now it's getting ridiculous.

Jays Claw
08-10-2009, 05:25 PM
I am really starting to hate the general manager of DKV Joventut. :mad:

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 06:03 PM
I think hes to small and slow. He will be a great passer but I dont see him doing that good offensively or defensively.

he is 6'4". He is skinny, but he is 18 dude. HE is so far ahead of any of the 18 year old point guards we have here, it isn't even funny. And his shot is a misconception. He was named best shooter in his league. It just isn't pretty. But he is already a better shooter than Rondo or Rose.
And his athletic ability is better than you think. I do have my worries about him defending, but he is smart, and gets a lot of steals.

Drtino
08-10-2009, 07:59 PM
It's obvious that he was able to succeed in an european league, noted that he's skilled at the PG position, but the fact of the matter is that he's limited to a certain extent... He will have to play hard and learn time and time again after numerous failures, just like Nash... Minny doesn't have a player like Duncan, which will make the transition easier to any skilled point guard faster. If he doesn't play this year, it won't affect how good the Timberwolves may get.

HT9Canada
08-10-2009, 08:10 PM
His biggest battle all year???... gotta be... Jonny Flynn! They will be battling in practice everyday and altho Minnesota says otherwise, only one will start. Both are good passers, not great shooters.. Flynn better than Rubio. Although Minnesota wants him to play, I dont think they predicted this, because they wouldn't have selected both 5th, and 6th. We will see though. I see whatever one losing out on a starting job ask for a trade before their contract is up.

HT9Canada
08-10-2009, 08:11 PM
How bout Nash vs. Rubio. Both are white. Both can't play defense. Both make beauty passes. Advantage: Nash. Experience and can shoot the ball.

Fireworld
08-10-2009, 08:15 PM
i hope so.

PurpleJesus
08-10-2009, 08:24 PM
I would really like to see the kid and it would be really good for Minni and there fans.

I am tired of hearing about though. It has been drama from day one on who he would be willing to sign with and will he play in the NBA this yr, if there was so many obsticales why even put a team through all the hoops this yr and not just wait another yr or two.

As a wolves fan, im getting tired of this too, but people need to realize all Rubio wants to do is come to the NBA right now. He has had bad advisors. Rubio was basically told he would be the #2 pick in the draft, and if he was the #2, his buyout would have been easily figured out. That is why Rubio was a little irked after the draft, he was dissapointed the wolves did not trade up to grab him. If Rubio was drafted #2, he would have had more long-term financial security, making it easier for him to grab a loan so he could pay his way out...being drafted #5 really screwed things up.

Jays Claw
08-10-2009, 08:51 PM
As a wolves fan, im getting tired of this too, but people need to realize all Rubio wants to do is come to the NBA right now. He has had bad advisers. Rubio was basically told he would be the #2 pick in the draft, and if he was the #2, his buyout would have been easily figured out. That is why Rubio was a little irked after the draft, he was disappointed the wolves did not trade up to grab him. If Rubio was drafted #2, he would have had more long-term financial security, making it easier for him to grab a loan so he could pay his way out...being drafted #5 really screwed things up.

Agreed 100%.

Trouble87
08-10-2009, 09:16 PM
A never ending saga. :sigh:

x2

kid needs to man up and make up his mind

Hellcrooner
08-10-2009, 09:22 PM
Man all who said he has no defense are triping,

and about his body

Two years ago : http://an.swers.net/rubio/images/ricky-rubio.jpg

Last Year : http://mas.laopiniondegranada.es/canales/baloncesto/images/stories/rickyrubio.jpg

Yesterday:
http://www.marca.com/2009/08/05/baloncesto/1249489981.html

Do you see the growht? and that here in euroep where teams and coaches care 0 for lifting weights.
Wait for him after a year of hitting the gym in Sotta

PurpleJesus
08-10-2009, 09:28 PM
x2

kid needs to man up and make up his mind

He has made up his mind, he wants to play in the NBA...its the buyout that is the issue

Storch
08-10-2009, 10:21 PM
I dont even know what the big hype behind this guy is, so i wont hate on him cuz i dont know his skills.

cwilson21
08-10-2009, 10:41 PM
I dont even know what the big hype behind this guy is, so i wont hate on him cuz i dont know his skills.

Just type him in on youtube. Sick passes pretty much.

theimortalone
08-10-2009, 11:03 PM
Good hell. Is he gonna play in the US or not? :pity:

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Wow i honestly could not care less were this over hyped spanish freak plays.

InfamousTHC
08-10-2009, 11:14 PM
Rubio=Project He has a while to go, but might be great. Just give him sometime he is not going to be the T-Wolves savior like Lebron was for the Cavs. But its a decent step to get better for the future tho. Flynn will give the Wolves more immediate help than Rubio this year atleast.

Beno7500
08-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Yes or No

BkOriginalOne
08-10-2009, 11:17 PM
Jennings vs Rubio - Rubio's defense
Curry Vs. Rubio - Rubio's jump shot.
Rondo vs Rubio - Rubio's offense
Rose vs Rubio - Rubio's quickness.
Paul vs Rubio - Measuring stick for Rubio's talent.

Rubio vs. Billups - His toughness.

Hellcrooner
08-11-2009, 03:24 AM
^wrong

also is worng to compare him to maravich or nash since he can deffend can rebound can stea l but is not much of a scorer.

his best case scenario is KIDD nd at worst Calderon

asandhu23
08-11-2009, 04:24 AM

How about we tie you up on a rope behind a car and then drag you around on Highway 1 for making such a stupid comment? :smoking:

tland22
08-11-2009, 12:28 PM
Id love to see this girl CHOKE in the NBA

arkanian215
08-11-2009, 12:56 PM
so misinformed.

JayW_1023
08-11-2009, 01:19 PM
He looks like a Muppet.