PDA

View Full Version : In their prime at the same time.....

Frank Costanza
08-10-2009, 12:10 PM
The most facinating teams to me are those that have the ability for longevity, those teams whose core players are going to be in their prime at the same time.

some teams come to mind, the portland trailblazers core, the toronto raptors, the oklahoma city thunder

make your case why your teams core will be the best of the teams whose core will be at their prime at the same time

MPScribbles
08-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Toronto Raptors? Bosh is in his prime now. Turk is actually leaving his prime. Bargz hasn't yet entered his prime. They just drafted a DeRozan who won't hit his prime for probably 5 years or so. Calderon is sure to decline soon. How do you list them as a team that is about to hit their primes together?

ttam68
08-10-2009, 01:22 PM
Sixers in 3 years, if our roster remains the same:

Andre Iduodala: 28 yrs old. One of the best two way players in the game. Refined offensive game and experienced team leader.

Thad Young: 24 yrs old. Experienced for his age. All-star forward with great versatility and the ability to contribute inside/outside/defensively.

Jrue Holiday: 22 yrs old. Third year point guard playing the perfect role on a defensive, tough, fast-paced team. Athletic and sets the tone on breaks and defense.

Maureese Speights: 25 yrs old. Fringe all-star with explosive offense and exciting, game-changing ability with dunks and blocks.

Elton Brand: 33 yrs old. Experienced veteran can give post offense and play solid defense.

Lou Williams: 25 yrs old. 8th year in the league. Refined game, young and athletic. Star scorer and great sixth man/rotation player off the bench.

Jason Smith: 26 yrs old. Big body with good defense and offensive versatility. Good role player or depth.

Frank Costanza
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
Toronto Raptors? Bosh is in his prime now. Turk is actually leaving his prime. Bargz hasn't yet entered his prime. They just drafted a DeRozan who won't hit his prime for probably 5 years or so. Calderon is sure to decline soon. How do you list them as a team that is about to hit their primes together?

Hey bumbafoo , calderon is 29 id say he is prime from now for the next 4 yrs

forget turk he is our savvy vet

Bosh is 25 yrs old i think we can all agree he is hitting his prime this yr and will be in there for at least another 4-6 yrs, in 6 yrs he will be 31

Bargnani is 22 and avgd 19.8 ppg after jan and should have primacy from this season to the next 6-7

badru do your research b4 you talk

Reddd
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Sixers in 3 years, if our roster remains the same:

Andre Iduodala: 28 yrs old. One of the best two way players in the game. Refined offensive game and experienced team leader.

Thad Young: 24 yrs old. Experienced for his age. All-star forward with great versatility and the ability to contribute inside/outside/defensively.

Jrue Holiday: 22 yrs old. Third year point guard playing the perfect role on a defensive, tough, fast-paced team. Athletic and sets the tone on breaks and defense.

Maureese Speights: 25 yrs old. Fringe all-star with explosive offense and exciting, game-changing ability with dunks and blocks.

Elton Brand: 33 yrs old. Experienced veteran can give post offense and play solid defense.

Lou Williams: 25 yrs old. 8th year in the league. Refined game, young and athletic. Star scorer and great sixth man/rotation player off the bench.

Jason Smith: 26 yrs old. Big body with good defense and offensive versatility. Good role player or depth.

He's 30(had to say it).

badinger7
08-10-2009, 01:45 PM
Pistons avg age is 25 right now (or that could be before Ben Wallace signed)

Stuckey- 23
Ben Gordon- 26
Tay - 29
Villanueva- 24
Wilcox-26

I figure that Prince/Hamilton will be gone by the end of this year for someone younger/better and then erbody else is in their early mid 20's

sp1derm00
08-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Currently:

Kobe 30
Pau 29
Odom 29
Artest 29

During the season:

Kobe 31
Pau 29
Odom 30
Arest 30

rapswin98
08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Toronto Raptors? Bosh is in his prime now. Turk is actually leaving his prime. Bargz hasn't yet entered his prime. They just drafted a DeRozan who won't hit his prime for probably 5 years or so. Calderon is sure to decline soon. How do you list them as a team that is about to hit their primes together?how the **** is bosh in his prime. he still has like 4-5 years before he hits his prime. Calderon will start to decline in maybe 3-4 years and even if he does decline by then we have Jack who will still be young enough to take the starting role. We dont have the best young core like blazers or the thunder but it still is good.

Hellcrooner
08-10-2009, 02:05 PM
when blazers reach their prime half of their roster will have flown out because they wont want to be benchmen and get ess money that they could get somwhere else.

dont expect bayless, rudy, outlow to be happy benchmen their whole career.

ttam68
08-10-2009, 02:23 PM
He's 30(had to say it).

30 + 3 = 33

Whats your point?

rabzouz 96
08-10-2009, 02:32 PM

Bosh is 25 yrs old i think we can all agree he is hitting his prime this yr and will be in there for at least another 4-6 yrs, in 6 yrs he will be 31

Bargnani is 22 and avgd 19.8 ppg after jan and should have primacy from this season to the next 6-7

the other guy was right,youre wrong.

ramansingh3
08-10-2009, 02:44 PM
Chris Bosh- At 25 years old some people might think he has hit his prime, but really he hasn't thats why theres enough teams in 2010 lined up to give him a max deal.

Andrea Bargnani- At 23 years old he hasn't even scratched the surface of his potential and ultimitley his prime. He gave us a taste of it last year by averaging 19 ppg when he got the starting job after Jermaine O'neal got traded.

Hedo Turkoglu- At 30 years old he is in his prime, but if he can maintain playing at a high skill level when Bargnani and Bosh enter their primes this would be one of the best front courts in the east.

DeMar DeRozan- At 20 years old and a rookie with the biggest upside in this years draft how can you not mention the possibilty of him in his prime. He may or may not hit his prime with Bosh or Bargnani.

Jose Calderon- At 27 years old he still can get better. Who knows? Steve Nash won 2 MVPs after the age of 30, with a similar skill set. Keep in mind I'm not saying that Calderon will ever win a MVP, I am just saying that he can play at a higher level.

IversonIsKrazy
08-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Bulls??

Rose - 20
Deng - 24
Thomas - 22
Noah - 22

But Thunder is a really good team when they hit their prime.

Westbrooke, Harden, Durrant, Green, + 2010 top 5 pick??

Reddd
08-10-2009, 04:20 PM
30 + 3 = 33

Whats your point?

Christ my bad, totally wasn't focusing on the post, nor the thread,
Sorry.
In 3 years time Elton Brand indeed will be 33.

Unruly Fan
08-10-2009, 04:23 PM
I say the odds of Bosh, Bargs and Calderon playing together in their prime within the next few years is good.

Therefore you are wrong.

rabzouz 96
08-10-2009, 04:28 PM
imo the only teams that fit the description about young, promising and hitting their prime at the same time are portland,memphis and oklahoma. i love these criterias and think this is the smartest way to build a team for the future when the present has teams like lakers and celtics as contenders. next in my list would be the nets, but not as much as the aforementioned,their prospects dont cry stardom as much as the likes of gay,mayo,westbrook,durant,...
that said i really hated the moves of getting andre miller and zach randolph who are way older and may rob the teams of draft positions or take time away from the younger prospects that need to develop their games.

rabzouz 96
08-10-2009, 04:32 PM
I say the odds of Bosh, Bargs and Calderon playing together in their prime within the next few years is good.

Therefore you are wrong.

if you say so.
maybe they will get a year or 2 in the primes but nothing long enough to contend for longer, which is what i find interesting in the other teams mentioned above.(if they keep their course and add some pieces here and there that are also in the same age range)

MPScribbles
08-10-2009, 09:01 PM

Actually, research man, Calderon is just about to turn 28. He actually is younger than I thought but then again, despite your lengthy personal research, he is younger than you thought also. I didn't say that he would begin to suck very soon, I said that he is sure to decline soon. Unless you feel that people continue to get better and better as they eclipse 30 you'd have to agree that his decline is not too far in the distance.

Forget Turk? Oh, I'm sorry when I read the OP it said:

those teams whose core players are going to be in their prime at the same time.
their prime at the same time
Now you want to forget Turk because he doesn't meet the criteria that YOU set forth and I called you on? If you want to reassign the criteria for the discussion, after you've been shown the error of your thinking, then maybe I would change my answer.

Now we get to the truth of why you take exception with me disagreeing with you. You're a Raptors fan, no wonder you feel the need to defend them.

Bargnani is actually soon to turn 24. Wow for someone that is so high on research, you don't seem to do much. And as I said he has not yet hit his prime. Being able to string together a few months of inconsistent play (i.e. FG% Jan.487, Feb.412, Mar.518) where he was able to score, and nothing else, around 19/game does not mean that he is entering his prime. Hopefully, for the Raptors' sake, his prime will not consist of him getting 19pts and 5rbs. As a center that is pretty pathetic regardless of style of play.

You completely left out your #1 pick from this year who is soon to be your starter at SG. Why? Maybe because he too is not in or near his prime and would make your case even weaker?

To review, core players with respect to window of opportunity for prime:
Calderon currently in prime
Derozen several years from prime
Turk if lucky, can hold onto prime another year or two
Bosh currently in prime
Bargnani probably two seasons away from prime

How the hell does that qualify them for this discussion in the same way that teams like Blazers, Thunder, and Grizzlies are most assuredly to have several core players in their primes at the same time? Those teams have built through smart drafting in the past 3 years or so. That is not what is happening in Toronto. If this were Sesame Street and one of the teams in your examples didn't belong I guarantee you that every poster in PSD that has half a brain would choose Toronto as the team that didn't. Please don't make me create a poll to prove this point.

P.S. Don't worry about the psuedo-insults, I have a pretty high self-esteem. Also, I only speak english and didn't know what the hell you were saying anyway.

MPScribbles
08-10-2009, 09:09 PM

Thank you sir for having some sense of what prime means. Prime does not mean when the homer fans really start drinking the kool-aid, it means when a basketball player is playing the best basketball of his life. It is the pinnacle, and it doesn't last as long as some of you must be thinking.

Btw, I have always loved your sig. OMG, I clicked on it after enlarging it and watched the youtube video. That **** is funny as hell. Good message and everything, but when the waitress spilled the coffee and he flipped out on her and then just sat back down to drink his coffee, LMAO.

rabzouz 96
08-11-2009, 01:07 PM
Thank you sir for having some sense of what prime means. Prime does not mean when the homer fans really start drinking the kool-aid, it means when a basketball player is playing the best basketball of his life. It is the pinnacle, and it doesn't last as long as some of you must be thinking.

Btw, I have always loved your sig. OMG, I clicked on it after enlarging it and watched the youtube video. That **** is funny as hell. Good message and everything, but when the waitress spilled the coffee and he flipped out on her and then just sat back down to drink his coffee, LMAO.

:hi5: great posts on your side.when i read the original post i wondered as well why the op mentioned the raps, but i said that already in earlier posts. im really interested how the likes of portland,okc and memphis will fare in the future, hope they didnt mess it up with z bo and miller.

lulz yeah i dont care about the message of the video too much, i just find it funny how he reacts.
nice pics, i like the huskers one.

EAGLES3658
08-11-2009, 01:14 PM
Thunder easily IMO.

Durant, Westbrook, Green, and Harden. Then they might even get another top pick this year and get another player to add to that list.

ZebraCity916
08-11-2009, 03:16 PM
OKC and Portland.

And just to let some people know, players don't really hit their prime until around 30. So pretty much nobody that was drafted in the last 4-5 years are in their prime.

LanceUpperCut
08-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Actually, research man, Calderon is just about to turn 28. He actually is younger than I thought but then again, despite your lengthy personal research, he is younger than you thought also. I didn't say that he would begin to suck very soon, I said that he is sure to decline soon. Unless you feel that people continue to get better and better as they eclipse 30 you'd have to agree that his decline is not too far in the distance.

Forget Turk? Oh, I'm sorry when I read the OP it said:

Now you want to forget Turk because he doesn't meet the criteria that YOU set forth and I called you on? If you want to reassign the criteria for the discussion, after you've been shown the error of your thinking, then maybe I would change my answer.

Now we get to the truth of why you take exception with me disagreeing with you. You're a Raptors fan, no wonder you feel the need to defend them.

Bargnani is actually soon to turn 24. Wow for someone that is so high on research, you don't seem to do much. And as I said he has not yet hit his prime. Being able to string together a few months of inconsistent play (i.e. FG% Jan.487, Feb.412, Mar.518) where he was able to score, and nothing else, around 19/game does not mean that he is entering his prime. Hopefully, for the Raptors' sake, his prime will not consist of him getting 19pts and 5rbs. As a center that is pretty pathetic regardless of style of play.

You completely left out your #1 pick from this year who is soon to be your starter at SG. Why? Maybe because he too is not in or near his prime and would make your case even weaker?

To review, core players with respect to window of opportunity for prime:
Calderon currently in prime
Derozen several years from prime
Turk if lucky, can hold onto prime another year or two
Bosh currently in prime
Bargnani probably two seasons away from prime

How the hell does that qualify them for this discussion in the same way that teams like Blazers, Thunder, and Grizzlies are most assuredly to have several core players in their primes at the same time? Those teams have built through smart drafting in the past 3 years or so. That is not what is happening in Toronto. If this were Sesame Street and one of the teams in your examples didn't belong I guarantee you that every poster in PSD that has half a brain would choose Toronto as the team that didn't. Please don't make me create a poll to prove this point.

P.S. Don't worry about the psuedo-insults, I have a pretty high self-esteem. Also, I only speak english and didn't know what the hell you were saying anyway.

Wow you guys are really arguing over somthing that is so meanless.But to me Hedo has only got better in the last couple years and the fact Jose, Bargnani, Hedo, Jack and soon to be Bosh are all signed on for 4-5 more years which everyone but Hedo will be in there prime.

b_rad23
08-11-2009, 03:56 PM
OKC first and foremost.
Portland second.
Then probably the Bulls.

Then the Grizzlies have everyone but Z-Bo in the same age group.
The Warriors are another group that should be included. Sure they have their few vets on the wings (if you can call them that) but they still have Curry, Ellis, Randolph, Wright, Biedrins all young.
The Nets right now are all around the same age.

The Raptors should NOT be mentioned here. The Sixers shouldn't either as they have a few players entering their primes now, a main guy leaving his, and another few guys who aren't near prime yet...

MPScribbles
08-12-2009, 01:11 AM
Wow you guys are really arguing over somthing that is so meanless.But to me Hedo has only got better in the last couple years and the fact Jose, Bargnani, Hedo, Jack and soon to be Bosh are all signed on for 4-5 more years which everyone but Hedo will be in there prime.

LOL. I never planned to argue. I just pointed out, as most people agree who aren't Raptor fans, like you I don't think that Raptors belong in the conversation. He had to try to get smart with me, then I had to own him. I have a reputation to uphold, you know?

MPScribbles
08-12-2009, 01:16 AM
:hi5: great posts on your side.when i read the original post i wondered as well why the op mentioned the raps, but i said that already in earlier posts. im really interested how the likes of portland,okc and memphis will fare in the future, hope they didnt mess it up with z bo and miller.

lulz yeah i dont care about the message of the video too much, i just find it funny how he reacts.
nice pics, i like the huskers one.

I appreciate the that. Yeah, besides the Duke/Redskins that one took me the longest because I went so detailed with the logo. I thought that if I put them out there on a site like this that some die hard fans would want me to do them one but haven't actually gotten any takers. A couple guys showed interest but like people do when I post ads on craigslist, they say they want one but then disappear. :sigh: I have a friend working on a website for me to display/sell my artwork. I need more buyers because it is not a cheap hobby to have.

MajorFloridaFan
08-12-2009, 02:26 AM
Orlando magic

rabzouz 96
08-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Orlando magic

no,not really...

rabzouz 96
08-13-2009, 09:42 AM
I appreciate the that. Yeah, besides the Duke/Redskins that one took me the longest because I went so detailed with the logo. I thought that if I put them out there on a site like this that some die hard fans would want me to do them one but haven't actually gotten any takers. A couple guys showed interest but like people do when I post ads on craigslist, they say they want one but then disappear. :sigh: I have a friend working on a website for me to display/sell my artwork. I need more buyers because it is not a cheap hobby to have.

yeah i know i had art as one of my 2 mainsubjects in highschool, i know how expensive paint and all that stuff is. how much do you take for your pics and what do you draw em with?