PDA

View Full Version : How long will Kobe be the best in the NBA?

RaysFan
08-10-2009, 08:23 AM
If he is the best right now, how long will he continue to be the best player in the league? He is 31 right now and has played a LONG time on those legs of his. Is there a chance he could keep LeBron from ever being viewed as the best player in the NBA? If Kobe is the best for another 5 years, then LeBron will be 29-30 and Durant may pass him.

BkOriginalOne
08-10-2009, 08:36 AM
Whenever he starts to lose some athelticism.
Kobe is going to be playing until he is about 45 though. I say he stops being the "arguably the best" when he is about 35, 36.
That's around the age MJ won his last rings.

Unruly Fan
08-10-2009, 08:40 AM
Statistic-wise he was already surpassed by LeBron and it'll only be more evident this season.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 08:41 AM
he will be passed up on Oct, 2008 by LeBron James.

28+24+5=3champs
08-10-2009, 08:43 AM
kobe has such a great jump shot that that has been allowing him to save his knees over the past few years. he has been driving and exploding at the rim alot less which is saving his knees but he can still throw down when necessary. i think that the work he put in on his jumper has added a few years to his prime since it is less taxing on the body.

however, lebron is so close to kobe (he's a consistant jumper away from passing him) that to say lebron could never be looked at as the best is a longshot. he already is in alot of people's minds

Wilson
08-10-2009, 08:47 AM
I don't know. I think the case can be made for LeBron being better than Kobe now, so it's going to be hard for Kobe to keep the title in most people's eyes.

With his diet, conditioning and work ethic, Kobe has the ability to play at his current level (or close to it) for the next few years, although he should really be getting more rest during the regular season. This would mean less regular season dominance, but hopefully continued play-off dominance.

I don't know exactly what this would mean as to who is the best, and who is recognized as the best. Ultimately, it may just come down to whoever has the better supporting casts in the play-offs...

CELTICS4LYFE
08-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Where do ppl come up wit these q's? Lol he will b the best till his numbers drop or he retires...pretty simple

Unruly Fan
08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
Where do ppl come up wit these q's? Lol he will b the best till his numbers drop or he retires...pretty simpleNo its not that simple when others think hes not the best right now.

camador22
08-10-2009, 09:45 AM
He's not the best player now. He was only the best player in his MVP season IMO. Wade and Lebron are both slightly better players but Kobe will be a top 3 player for the next 3 years. Its hard fro Laker fans to admit he's not the best player but the Lakers have the most talent thats the reason why they won. Both Wade and Lebron would have won it all with the Lakers roster. Plain and simple Kobe's a beast and will be for a very long time.

kswissdaf
08-10-2009, 10:08 AM
I say if he is lucky he will keep that title for maybe half the season but he is getting old and a lot of people even last year thought either Lebron or Wade was better

Hustla23
08-10-2009, 10:10 AM
Wow. Lebron is CLEARLY better than Kobe right now.

I thought the MVP award actually meant something. :pity:

IMO Wade is better as well.

People keep overrating Kobe it's ridiculous.

He was the best in the game 2 years ago.

Get over it.

masalex1205
08-10-2009, 10:37 AM
another kobe vs. lebron thread

JordansBulls
08-10-2009, 10:38 AM
Statistic-wise he was already surpassed by LeBron and it'll only be more evident this season.

He never was the best statistically.

NeutralFan
08-10-2009, 10:44 AM

Get over it.

Please. You people who only go by stats are ridiculous. Kobe has one trait that Lebron cant even come close to. Its called being a leader and stepping up when hes needed the most. Something Lebron doesnt have yet. But I know to most casual fans they see lebron averaged 2 points more a game so hes automatically the better player.

Sly Guy
08-10-2009, 10:46 AM
easy....he never was.

KnicksR4Real
08-10-2009, 10:51 AM
Kobe is the best, he will be the best for a few more years. But I do think Wade is completely underrated. No one thought he was an MVP last year!

ManRam
08-10-2009, 10:54 AM

Seconded. Who won the MVP last year? Who put up other-worldly stats, leading a group of role players to the best record in basketball? Sure, Kobe won the title, but that doesn't make him the better individual player.

I think over the next two years it will become more obvious and clear...and in three years there will be absolutely no debate.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Please. You people who only go by stats are ridiculous. Kobe has one trait that Lebron cant even come close to. Its called being a leader and stepping up when hes needed the most. Something Lebron doesnt have yet. But I know to most casual fans they see lebron averaged 2 points more a game so hes automatically the better player.

True. Statistics don't mean a thing. All statistics mean are opportunities. But until last year, I don't think Kobe ever really showed that great leadership. The Lakers struggled until he started getting some good pieces around him, aka stealing Gasol, Bynum becoming a young star, Ariza, etc.

Also, in my opinion, Kobe's drive doesn't mainly come from him wanting to win the City of LA a title. His drive is more for personal accomplishment, proving that he is the greatest in the league. And that he can win without Shaq. Up until last year, he was a completely selfish player. He learned he will not win by being a selfish player, which is what he set out to be day 1 after Shaq was traded.

mrmike101
08-10-2009, 10:55 AM
He never was the best statistically.

Me thinks that the qoute was meant to say KD is better than bron statistically

ManRam
08-10-2009, 10:56 AM

Yeah...LeBron didn't carry the worst supporting cast to the NBA Finals a few years ago, while single handily carrying his team there? Scoring and assisting on what...like 32 straight points...vs. the Pistons. The Cavs had no business winning that series, but LeBron did. Kobe couldn't do anything with a weak supporting cast...nothing at all.

Ask his coach, his teammates...anyone who knows the organization...who the leader of that team is.

The Lakers were very up and down in the playoffs last year...turning it on, turning it off at times. If Kobe's the leader, he's gotta make sure that doesn't happen.

JordansBulls
08-10-2009, 11:01 AM
Me thinks that the qoute was meant to say KD is better than bron statistically

Actually when all players are in the league at the same time in order to determine who had better stats you use PER.

Because using a player like CP3 who gets 21 and 11 along with 2.5 spg or a guy who gets 30/5/5 vs another who gets 24 and 15 how do you know who had the best stats?

Well if they are in the league at the same time you use PER.

showtym24
08-10-2009, 11:13 AM

Hmmmm... same season t-mac and yao's career's ended. ;)

NeutralFan
08-10-2009, 11:21 AM
Yeah...LeBron didn't carry the worst supporting cast to the NBA Finals a few years ago, while single handily carrying his team there? Scoring and assisting on what...like 32 straight points...vs. the Pistons. The Cavs had no business winning that series, but LeBron did. Kobe couldn't do anything with a weak supporting cast...nothing at all.

Ask his coach, his teammates...anyone who knows the organization...who the leader of that team is.

The Lakers were very up and down in the playoffs last year...turning it on, turning it off at times. If Kobe's the leader, he's gotta make sure that doesn't happen.

First of all the east that year was horrible. Getting through the west and getting through the east up until very recently was a completely different thing. No one is saying that Lebron isnt the best player on his team. He definitely is but now that Kobe is older and mature he makes the guys around him better where Lebron does not yet. Ill take the Kobe type player anytime. Everyone praises Jordan but then they rag on Kobe even though Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan we may ever see.

salimstoudamire
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Are we talking best skill-wise, or most dominant player? Cause skill wise, Kobe is still heads and shoulders above LeBron. But dominace as an individual on the other hand, LeBron could be snatching that soon.

heyman321
08-10-2009, 11:25 AM
Um..Lebron is already better than him.

magichatnumber9
08-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Call Miss Cleo

ManRam
08-10-2009, 11:31 AM
First of all the east that year was horrible. Getting through the west and getting through the east up until very recently was a completely different thing. No one is saying that Lebron isnt the best player on his team. He definitely is but now that Kobe is older and mature he makes the guys around him better where Lebron does not yet. Ill take the Kobe type player anytime. Everyone praises Jordan but then they rag on Kobe even though Kobe is the closest thing to Jordan we may ever see.

Both are great leaders...perhaps the two best in the league. You'll never convince me that LeBron isn't a great leader...ever. If you aren't a good leader, no matter how terrible the East is, you don't do what he's done. You're not gonna convince me he didn't do an unparalleled job of single handily carrying his team to the Finals. I've never seen anything done like that before in my 15-16 years of NBA watching. Put Larry Hughes, Igauskas, Gooden and Sasha Pavlovic on any other team, with any other star...in any conference...in any era...and they aren't making the Finals. End of story. And the Pistons weren't a joke either. Let's not act like there was nothing standing in their way. They beat them in 6. And a lot of the games vs. the Spurs were extremely close...which when you look at the talent differential, is mind boggling.

And for the record, I think Kobe's leadership skill NOW were better than Jordan's. No on the Bulls really liked MJ. He was supposedly extremely abrasive and egotistical.

KnicksR4Real
08-10-2009, 11:37 AM
Seconded. Who won the MVP last year? Who put up other-worldly stats, leading a group of role players to the best record in basketball? Sure, Kobe won the title, but that doesn't make him the better individual player.

I think over the next two years it will become more obvious and clear...and in three years there will be absolutely no debate.

No sir, Kobe is a better leader, yes stat wise Lebron is better, but it doesn't matter about stats, that is what makes Kobe better, he is a true basketball player that doesn't need stats to be good. When Lebron learns this that is when he will be the best. It is like star wars, Lebron has yet to feel the force within himself.

SA5195
08-10-2009, 11:39 AM
Kobe will last in the NBA whenever he wants to be there.

Hustla23
08-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Good idea man !

Let's completely ignore stats and go by something completely intangible like leadership.

Kobe fans have no other evidence so why not :rolleyes:

showtym24
08-10-2009, 11:57 AM
So sick of this who's the best ****.

Wilson
08-10-2009, 12:03 PM

I think that's unfair. Those teams Kobe took to the play-offs in '06 and '07 had no business being there.

I agree with you on LeBron though, you can't say he's done nothing with a weak supporting cast. He, just like Kobe, has gotten better every year he's been a pro, and done an awful lot with a poor supporting cast...

ragee
08-10-2009, 12:20 PM
I would give him 2 more years or maybe until Lebron develops a good jumpshot...

Trouble87
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
best?!

have you all forgot about Mike James?! stop the madness people

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 12:22 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of these threads. Everyone has thier own opinion on who is better betweed LeBron, Kobe, and Wade. Why does it bother this much to continue bringing it up? nobody is going to suddenly convince someone else of thier opinion. Move the F on

Trouble87
08-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Mike James 2009-2010 MVP, Most Improved Player, Defensive Player of the Year, and R.O.Y. (he makes the impossible POSSIBLE!)

sp1derm00
08-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Kobe could be the best for years to come if that jumpshot gets more refined. I noticed that Kobe was able to expend a lot more energy last year on defense because instead of driving, he took jumpers all day.

PrettyBoyJ
08-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Kobe is gonna prob be the best til he's 35. Lebron may have the edge in stats but doesnt make him better then Kobe.. Kobe's Leadership, his game, speaks for it self 2 trips to the finals in the last 2 years one ending with a lost and one with a win.. Lebron Lost in 07 and hasnt even gone back to the eastern conference finals since. People could say Kobe has the better team, only cuz Kobe makes them better.. Lebron will eventually surpass Kobe but at that point Kobe will have nothing else to prove... And if he repeats this year Kobe will go down as one of the best to play the game

Slumberking
08-10-2009, 12:39 PM
If he is the best right now, how long will he continue to be the best player in the league? He is 31 right now and has played a LONG time on those legs of his. Is there a chance he could keep LeBron from ever being viewed as the best player in the NBA? If Kobe is the best for another 5 years, then LeBron will be 29-30 and Durant may pass him.

D Wade and Lebron are easily better players than him already. If you dont think Wade and Lebron would have won the title last year with the Lakers if you replaced Kobe with one of them, you are a straight up fool.

Im not a Lebron fan, but if he can play 15 years he will surpass Jordan IMO. He is too damn gifted and strong not to.

Kobe has been great the past 10 years or so, but already he is declining. The drives he tries to take late in the game are not smooth anymore, he loses the ball half the time. Plus he never passes inside of one minute. Not the Kobe of old.

Ironman5219
08-10-2009, 12:41 PM

x2

ragee
08-10-2009, 12:41 PM
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sick of these threads. Everyone has thier own opinion on who is better betweed LeBron, Kobe, and Wade. Why does it bother this much to continue bringing it up? nobody is going to suddenly convince someone else of thier opinion. Move the F on

Hahaha... Let it go dude... It's off season... People tend to get bored... :D

J-Relo
08-10-2009, 01:16 PM
Kobe is gonna prob be the best til he's 35. Lebron may have the edge in stats but doesnt make him better then Kobe.. Kobe's Leadership, his game, speaks for it self 2 trips to the finals in the last 2 years one ending with a lost and one with a win.. Lebron Lost in 07 and hasnt even gone back to the eastern conference finals since. People could say Kobe has the better team, only cuz Kobe makes them better.. Lebron will eventually surpass Kobe but at that point Kobe will have nothing else to prove... And if he repeats this year Kobe will go down as one of the best to play the game

:smoking: yea right

tland22
08-10-2009, 01:21 PM
Kobe already isnt the best anymore. Id take Wade, LeBron and Chris Paul all over Kobe/

Bring The Heat
08-10-2009, 01:33 PM
let me just put it like this....you can make the argument that either 3 of the players is the best....all 3 are basically at the same level when comes to being the best...one might do things better than the other....IMO i'll take Wade #1...but if someone else thinks Kobe is better I can respect that even though i have a different opinion or LeBron.....they are all so great that it just comes down to who you like better...

IMO alot of these people are taking Kobe over Wade or LeBron because of rings....let me tell you this....if Wade or Lebron had Kobe's team he would win too...Not to take away from Kobe but it goes to show Wade and James are that good also...Wade has already displayed he can win a ring with a supporting cast around him....like I said it comes down to who you like better

NYMetros
08-10-2009, 01:36 PM

Statistics lie.

Personally, I don't know why everyone feels like they need to rank them. They're both great and future HOFers.

Lakerfrk
08-10-2009, 01:49 PM
No one is going to convince someone else that Kobe or Lebron is the best right now...

In my mind, it is Kobe.
Lebron's numbers are WAY better than Kobe's, and here's why. Kobe plays in a system, the triangle, where usually, the ball swings 6 or 7 times before the shot is taken, so the assists are usually spread out among the players, so Kobe usually is the pass that leads to the pass for the assist. Lebron plays in a system where the offensive set is "Give the ball to Lebron and let him do something."

Im not taking anything away from Lebron, but if Kobe had the ball in his hands half as much as Lebron does, he could probably produce those numbers too.... (maybe not in rebounding).
Lebron is an absolute beast, but right NOW, I'm still taking Kobe.

RaysFan
08-10-2009, 01:57 PM
Kobe would not be able to do what LeBron does in Cleveland's system. We already saw him do that in LA for 2005-2007. Kobe will shoot more shots and average more points but LeBron is much better than Kobe at seeing the game and delivering the ball to his teammates in positions where they can have success. Kobe is a better overall offensive talent but LeBron's game is more complete because he is a better rebounder and a better passer.

Kobe was never as "bad" of a teammate as people made him out to be and he isn't as "good" of a teammate as Laker fans make him out to be. He just got better players in 2009 and the Celtics (the only team in the NBA that could beat them last year in a playoff series) lost KG. Kobe is still going to force shots at the expense of his team...ESPECIALLY in the closing seconds of a game. If you don't believe then I will post his numbers. The proof was also in game 2 of the NBA Finals where there were 2 or 3 open teammates but Kobe went 1 on 3. Phil Jackson then greeted him with a goofy "wtf was that" smile.

TheMicrowave
08-10-2009, 02:00 PM
Kobe will continue to be the best as long as his team keeps making it to the finals and winnings.

People can not really argue it. His game is very complete, he is in his prime. Some think he is too old, but yet he just won an MVP and Finals MVP the past two seasons. He just entered his prime, winning it by himself. The Kobe era is not over yet, he has maybe 4 solid years left of elite basketball in him with an elite team.

rapswin98
08-10-2009, 02:04 PM
another 3 or 4 years

yojoe792
08-10-2009, 02:14 PM

Get over it.

When LeBron or Wade win a championship. Until then, Kobe's the best, we aren't talking about stats here.

fairandbalanced
08-10-2009, 02:25 PM
When LeBron or Wade win a championship. Until then, Kobe's the best, we aren't talking about stats here.

Welcome to the NBA dude!!!:rolleyes:

HiphopRelated
08-10-2009, 02:32 PM
since he's currently third......

Bullsfan22
08-10-2009, 02:32 PM
lebron is the best player in the league and was last year.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 02:43 PM

um, Wade did win one. And by your rational, Robert Horry is better than Kobe.

urnuttynut
08-10-2009, 02:44 PM
people need to stop looking at stats when it comes to saying who's better.... this isnt fantasy basketball.

I mean, statistically, Keith Van Horn is better than Robert Horry, but who's better?

Raps08-09 Champ
08-10-2009, 02:47 PM
Well I think Lebron is better than him but I guess I give him 1-3 more years before Lebron is completely dominating the league and no one can catch up.

RaysFan
08-10-2009, 02:48 PM
Did these Laker fans think Paul Pierce was the best player in basketball last year? I'm just wondering because he won the NBA Finals and he was named Finals MVP.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-10-2009, 02:50 PM
um, Wade did win one. And by your rational, Robert Horry is better than Kobe.

Tom Sanders is the 3rd best player in NBA history seeing as he has 8 ring.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Sanders

AK23
08-10-2009, 02:56 PM

Get over it.

ppl do keep overrating kobe he has a good jump shot and thats pretty much it, lebron and wade are better statistic wise...alot better :D

IAMLordRaider
08-10-2009, 03:02 PM
When Labron dethrone him

theuuord
08-10-2009, 03:12 PM
people need to stop looking at stats when it comes to saying who's better.... this isnt fantasy basketball.

I mean, statistically, Keith Van Horn is better than Robert Horry, but who's better?

What people need to do is put stats in freaking context. Nobody does that.

The stats themselves don't lie. It's just recorded data. People just misinterpret the hell out of them.

JordansBulls
08-10-2009, 03:33 PM

Ridiculous!! Because when Wade did win the title as the best player on the team people kept saying Kobe. When Lebron was in the finals and Kobe out in the 1st round then posters would say Kobe.

It would be one thing if he had the best stats or something, but he really hasn't.

Simply put to be the best you have to either:

1) Have the best stats in the league overall.
or
2) Be winning titles as the man and getting league and/or finals mvp.

pedrofan45
08-10-2009, 04:13 PM
Put Lebron on the lakers and the lakers would dominate. lebron can carry a team on his shoulders. He can be a team player also if he had players he could really count on. Kobe tried to a few years ago and look what happened, LAKERS SUCKED. Kobe is great don't get me wrong, but watching the Lebron go 1 vs. 5 through the playoffs when every person on his team can't do jack ****, it's incredible to watch even if it's against your own team. (Celtics) All you lakers fans will come to see once Lebron gets a good team, he will be one of the greatest ever. It's like you people don't even watch Lebron and see how dominating he is, just wait until he develops a consistent jump shot.

rhaas74
08-10-2009, 04:17 PM
I find it funny that people keep talking about how great Kobe's jumper is. Yet, LeBron with driving to the rim and his unperfected jumper had a higher FG% last year. As a matter of fact, LeBron took less shots than Kobe and still managed to put up better numbers.

Zefflin
08-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Yuck, there are too many things to say to too many different people in this ****** thread like this fool above me.

Simply put to be the best you have to either:

1) Have the best stats in the league overall.
or
2) Be winning titles as the man and getting league and/or finals mvp.

Kobe will be doing #2 for many years to come. (poop joke)

fast_break
08-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Put Lebron on the lakers and the lakers would dominate. lebron can carry a team on his shoulders. He can be a team player also if he had players he could really count on. Kobe tried to a few years ago and look what happened, LAKERS SUCKED. Kobe is great don't get me wrong, but watching the Lebron go 1 vs. 5 through the playoffs when every person on his team can't do jack ****, it's incredible to watch even if it's against your own team. (Celtics) All you lakers fans will come to see once Lebron gets a good team, he will be one of the greatest ever. It's like you people don't even watch Lebron and see how dominating he is, just wait until he develops a consistent jump shot.

who was on Kobe's team a few years back?
Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, 17/18 year old Bynum...
yeah what an All-star cast that was. Lebron would have won the championship with that team

tr4shb0t
08-10-2009, 04:36 PM
If Wade was more of a verbal leader on the court or if Lebron could hit jump shots they would be much closer at least. But, neither has the mental strength of Kobe IMO. That's something you can't really learn. You got it or you don't.

Zefflin
08-10-2009, 04:38 PM
You have to have silly mental strength to go through what Kobe's been through.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 04:40 PM
who was on Kobe's team a few years back?
Kwame Brown, Smush Parker, Brian Cook, 17/18 year old Bynum...
yeah what an All-star cast that was. Lebron would have won the championship with that team

Odom was better than anyone LeBron had, but the west was tougher as well back then. And the 2005-06' Kobe was the best player in the NBA. Just not anymore. Kobe was able to lead a team with minimal talent into the playoffs, where they were beat right away. LeBron has continuously brought a nobody into the playoffs, and gone to the finals, and deep every year. The competition faced isn't quite the same though. Its not about team accomplishments really. It is about who is the better player. Kobe was. LeBron is now. Pretty easy

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM
If Wade was more of a verbal leader on the court or if Lebron could hit jump shots they would be much closer at least. But, neither has the mental strength of Kobe IMO. That's something you can't really learn. You got it or you don't.

what are you two talking about?

FNM BOY
08-10-2009, 04:41 PM

Yeah you can only say that now cause he finally won outside the shadow of Shaq. Where was that leadership in the Celtics series a year ago?? Anyway when trying to hate on Lebron just remember Kobe is like 7 years older than the King. Look at the time he has got!!! Anyway, as always time will tell the tale!!

fast_break
08-10-2009, 04:43 PM
Odom was better than anyone LeBron had, but the west was tougher as well back then. And the 2005-06' Kobe was the best player in the NBA. Just not anymore. Kobe was able to lead a team with minimal talent into the playoffs, where they were beat right away. LeBron has continuously brought a nobody into the playoffs, and gone to the finals, and deep every year. The competition faced isn't quite the same though. Its not about team accomplishments really. It is about who is the better player. Kobe was. LeBron is now. Pretty easy

Odom is good when he's consistent. like he was this past year

a few years back, he used to dissapear for weeks at a time it seemed

johnnychan
08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
It's all opinion anyways. But I think Kobe will be considered the best player in the league until he retires.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 04:45 PM
Odom is good when he's consistent. like he was this past year

a few years back, he used to dissapear for weeks at a time it seemed

point is, he was 15-10 that season. He was better than Mo Williams.
But again, read the rest of the post. Kobe's help, from top to bottom, was equal to LeBron's, but they played in a tougher conference, hence far less wins.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
It's all opinion anyways. But I think Kobe will be considered the best player in the league until he retires.

by some, maybe. Not me, or many fans who think he is already been passed by. But you are correct in stating, its all opinion.

fast_break
08-10-2009, 04:50 PM
nah, you don't know just how bad some of those players were

think of all the assists kobe could of had if it weren't for all the blown layups from kwame and brick after brick from cook...

ko8e24
08-10-2009, 04:58 PM

Get over it.

Right now, Wade > Bryant > James

There is the lost art of basketball that everyone forgets. The Jumpshot. Kobe is the best jumpshooter, but just for age purpose, for now, Wade is better overall.

Hawkeye15
nah, you don't know just how bad some of those players were

think of all the assists kobe could of had if it weren't for all the blown layups from kwame and brick after brick from cook...

no, I watched them play. I watch all teams play. Get the league pass every year, and if I am home, I am watching bball. He didn't have a lot of help. Which is why they won around 45 games or so. LeBron didn't have help. Won 66. Competition was a little different, but LeBron was capable of keeping everyone confident, and focused, while Kobe said things like, "well, Jordan didn't have Smush Parker as his point guard". Kobe was great that year, the best player in the planet. But he isn't anymore. The thread is how much longer, blah, blah, blah. Point is, I think he has already been taken over.
And again, arguing this is stupid. But I will correct you if you are wrong.

dsonLAL24
forever and ever and ever...