PDA

View Full Version : Odds on Minnesota running the Triangle?

Chronz
08-10-2009, 04:46 AM
Count?

ZebraCity916
08-10-2009, 04:49 AM
Maybe????

You should put a poll up.

Chronz
08-10-2009, 04:53 AM
a simple yay or nay will suffice

azkarraga
08-10-2009, 05:03 AM
i dont know. would i like too see another triangle in the league? yes

ZebraCity916
08-10-2009, 05:08 AM
a simple yay or nay will suffice

I would like to see another triangle in the NBA. I think it's very possible but Rambis might want to prove that he can be a head coach after getting snubbed for some head coaching jobs in the past so he might try and put in his own system of play.

Was that a no to the poll then????

Chronz
08-10-2009, 05:17 AM
your powers of deduction are impressive zebra

azkarraga
08-10-2009, 05:19 AM
in case they do run the triangle. you think they've got a roster for that? Dont they need a good passing big man?

FaceDown91
08-10-2009, 05:21 AM
eh, i doubt it. He might have been under phil for a few years but i think rambis might want to do his own methods.

Of course i could be wrong but it would be cool to see another triangle in the league like the others said.

ZebraCity916
08-10-2009, 05:22 AM

Uhhhh...... thanks????

Chronz
08-10-2009, 05:23 AM
in case they do run the triangle. you think they've got a roster for that? Dont they need a good passing big man?

Thats a good question, how many times has a non Lakers team ran the offense, I remember Bulls still running with it for years after MJ retired.

azkarraga
08-10-2009, 05:26 AM
and they even got to the finals, didnt they? (the bulls w/o Mj, i mean)

Chronz
08-10-2009, 05:30 AM
nah they ran off into the sunset and faded into obscurity, Im talking early 00's Bulls. JB could probably elaborate on this if he watched them regularly backed then.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 08:44 AM
they don't have the personel.

mitch91
08-10-2009, 09:22 AM
i thought the whole point of the triangle was that you didnt need a natural pg....and the wolves might have to very good and young pgs! maybe that wont effect it at all, but do you think the triangle would hinder the development of a young natural pg or does it really not matter?

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 09:45 AM
exactly. If you have good PG's, or in this case, Flynn and Rubio (assuming), why run the triangle?? Outside Love, the Wolves don't have good passing big men, have no SG, how are they running the triangle.

mitch91
08-10-2009, 09:59 AM
exactly. If you have good PG's, or in this case, Flynn and Rubio (assuming), why run the triangle?? Outside Love, the Wolves don't have good passing big men, have no SG, how are they running the triangle.
you dont always have to have a good sg to run it, its more about not having a great pg, its about moving the ball making the pass, good screens etc got ball movement

ManRam
08-10-2009, 11:02 AM
I think they'll progress into it. Eventually they'll run it.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 11:07 AM
you dont always have to have a good sg to run it, its more about not having a great pg, its about moving the ball making the pass, good screens etc got ball movement

you need versatile wings, at the very least. And as I stated, they don't have the personel currently. Maybe if Rubio comes over, and they play both him and Flynn in teh backcourt. Love is a great passer, and can shoot, so you may see a tiny influx of it, but I would guess you wont' see much triangle in the Wolves offense this year.

ctitus45
08-10-2009, 11:32 AM

Kevin Love

KnicksR4Real
08-10-2009, 11:34 AM

no your powers can travel farther than no other bloodunant in the whole entire universe.

No I don't want them to run the triangle offense

TopsyTurvy
08-10-2009, 12:02 PM
They may run a fundamental set out of the triangle playbook but the last thing Minnesota wants to do is inundate it's players with a different approach to the game. Phil Jackson even said (in his In His Own Words Documentary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdKQXJySuZw)) that teams don't run the triangle because it takes a long time to learn (to run it efficiently) and most coaches in the NBA aren't afforded the luxury of time...

MPScribbles
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
I don't think that they have the players to pull it off either. You do need some good wing players to run that system and that seems to be their biggest weakness.

DeeJay
08-10-2009, 02:40 PM
The Timberwolves have officially announced the hiring of new head coach Kurt Rambis.
This decision has been widely reported for days, but all the details of the contract have finally been ironed out. Ryan Gomes said the Wolves were looking for a coach who could implement a fast-paced offensive attack, which could be a boon to the Wolves' fantasy values.

Rotoworld

xDjEpYOnx
08-10-2009, 03:13 PM
I'm trying to remember back, when Rambis was interim HC during the lockout in '99, before they got the Zen to take the reins, what did Rambis implement in the gameplan then...he did well, 24-13, even though they got swept by the Spurs in the playoffs.

As far as odds go, I'd say its about 20-80 against the Triangle, Rambis might just try something different, or just lets the team play ball and keep it simple. He has a lot of young guys, and its his first HC position(non-interim), so it might be best just to play ball and not try to complicate too much.

IversonIsKrazy
08-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I thought the Triangle works great as long as u have dominate big men, and makes the sg/sf shooters, since Minny has no good sg/sf, all they can do is shoot, and they have Big Al and Love in the post, with pg of Flynn, i think it can work out great.

zambo4president
08-10-2009, 03:48 PM
I calculate up to a 38% chance.

johnnychan
08-10-2009, 04:42 PM
No

ARMIN12NBA
08-10-2009, 05:27 PM
Not much of a chance. Rambis may implement some Triangle principles in the half-court offense, which will help Al Jefferson a lot in the post, but the Wolves have already been talking about playing an uptempo, run and gun system. Rambis will have a run and gun system while their backup plan would be Al Jefferson in the post when they get into the half-court set. IMO, that is one hell of a backup plan.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Not much of a chance. Rambis may implement some Triangle principles in the half-court offense, which will help Al Jefferson a lot in the post, but the Wolves have already been talking about playing an uptempo, run and gun system. Rambis will have a run and gun system while their backup plan would be Al Jefferson in the post when they get into the half-court set. IMO, that is one hell of a backup plan.

well, as young as they are, they do have some talent. Love is a great rebounder, and great outlet passer. Whether its Flynn or Rubio, you now have a PG to lead the break. And you are right, if the break fails, pull back, and dump it into the best low post scorer in basketball.
They may implement a little of the triangle, but they really don't have the personel to run it for long cycles at the moment.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 06:07 PM

haha,I see you replaced my quote. With something kinda funny actually. What the hell is that from?

ARMIN12NBA
08-10-2009, 06:12 PM
haha,I see you replaced my quote. With something kinda funny actually. What the hell is that from?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7861656#post7861656

:laugh: This thread cracks me up.

nikefreek220
08-10-2009, 06:19 PM
he will have triangle set plays ( just a few)

but a team has to be built around the triangle.

and with Flynn and Rubio, they dont fit the triangle type of players.

Hawkeye15
08-10-2009, 06:23 PM

haha,shortlived but funny.
"Perhaps you shouldn't Rick your Moranis so much"
haha, some of those are pretty good.

nikefreek220
08-10-2009, 06:32 PM

hahaha i was having a bad day, until i saw this. This made me laugh literallly out loud.

lol thank you for posting this.:clap:

mikantsass
08-10-2009, 08:29 PM
The odds are not good. They do not have Kobe or MJ.

Storch
08-10-2009, 10:25 PM
The wolves have natural passing quick pg's, i dont think theyre equipped with the right personell to run the triangle.

Maybe cleveland should run the triangle ... now theres a thought!