PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea For Julian Wright and a Big

mavs_raps90
08-09-2009, 09:19 PM
So i believe we need a real back-up SF and i think we should target Julian Wright, he is a good rebounder, can play the 4 and has great athleticism like Derozan

Trade Patrick O'Bryant, Quincy Douby and Cash(enough to pay most of Douby contract) for Julian Wright

his stats arent great because he didn't get the time but for a stretch in february he got consistant minutes and played solid and even had a 14 rebound game and a couple 20 pt games

his shooting isn't great but that's not what he would be called on for we have plenty of scorers he could use his atleticism to get to the rim and be a slasher

Why Hornets will do this:
-Saves Money
-Already have Peja, Mo-pete and Posey for 27.5 million

Then Trade Roko Ukic for Hameed Haddadi

Why Grizzlies do this:
- already have thabeet and gasol no minutes for hameed
-need more guards on a froncourt heavy roster

Hameed actually plays like he's 7 feet unlike Patrick O'bryant and haddadi is 7'2 adding rebounding and shot blocking and he can run the floor pretty well

He LED the OLYMPICS in Blks and Rebs per game

He actually had the best PER on the grizz lol better than bargnani too

PG- Calderon, Jack
SG- Bellenelli, Derozan, A. Wright
SF- Turkglu, J.Wright, A. Wright
PF- Bosh, Evans
C- Bargnani, Nesterovic, Haddadi

Reserves: Banks

And we can even sign POPS and still have a roster spot OPEN

We could also deal Wright at the deadline if he doesn't get alot of playing time but you never know when injury's might hit so depth is never a bad thinng

GodsSon
08-09-2009, 09:32 PM
not to nitpick, but this could have just been posted in the trade idea thread lol...with that said, the Julian Wright idea could be interesting as that kid has a TON of potential; not sure NO would do it though...as for the Haddadi idea, mehhhhhhhhh, if we traded away POB we could always just bring back pops for the vet min

DP06
08-09-2009, 10:25 PM
Julian Wright is a phenomenal talent so I doubt New Orleans would give up on him...look for Peja or Posey to get moved, they eat a lot of NO's salary.

secterm
08-10-2009, 12:09 AM
Julian Wright is a phenomenal talent so I doubt New Orleans would give up on him...look for Peja or Posey to get moved, they eat a lot of NO's salary.

Peja would be harder to move than Marcus Banks. The guy is guaranteed 30 Mill over this yr and next yr. last yr he had 13pt/4rb a game. They might consider a J Wright for Douby or Ukic + 2nd rounder. Don't think they would want POB cause they guy isn't even good in the D-League, no joke. Everyone in the league knows he's an Irish Geraf with no moves than any other Geraf at any zoo.

AFlagRules
08-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Peja would be harder to move than Marcus Banks. The guy is guaranteed 30 Mill over this yr and next yr. last yr he had 13pt/4rb a game. They might consider a J Wright for Douby or Ukic + 2nd rounder. Don't think they would want POB cause they guy isn't even good in the D-League, no joke. Everyone in the league knows he's an Irish Geraf with no moves than any other Geraf at any zoo.

You mean "Giraffe" right?

unk88
08-10-2009, 12:46 AM
biggest needs are getting rid of ukic and banks for a decent player (honestly dont care for what position) and pickin up joey or pops depending on the type of player we pick up

secterm
08-10-2009, 12:49 AM
biggest needs are getting rid of ukic and banks for a decent player (honestly dont care for what position) and pickin up joey or pops depending on the type of player we pick up

I would say Ukic OR Banks, but yeah, i agree with what you're saying

yungballah15
08-10-2009, 01:00 AM

i agree. if we can get rid of roko, which its hard to give up on the kid, but best it would be the better thing for him. or banks. we can get both pops and joey, that will make the team better.

IndiansFan337
08-10-2009, 01:06 AM
New Orleans would not send you Wright for O'Bryant, Douby, and cash. They aren't looking to dump guys that badly.

Gibby
08-10-2009, 01:47 AM
i know Julian wright has potential but i doubt NO would give up on him this early.

Do you really think Antoine Wright is that bad as a backup SF? Last years backup PG situation was horrible but i dont think the backup SF situation is that bad.

secterm
08-10-2009, 03:09 AM
i know Julian wright has potential but i doubt NO would give up on him this early.

Do you really think Antoine Wright is that bad as a backup SF? Last years backup PG situation was horrible but i dont think the backup SF situation is that bad.

A. Wright is a little undersized for some SF's. Also couldn't J. Wright manage a bit at the PF?