PDA

View Full Version : Rank the 4th-8th seeds in the East? Chi, Was, Tor, Phi, Det, Mia, Char, Mil, Ind, NJN

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Most likely the #1-#3 seeds will be Boston, Cleveland and Orlando in the east.

Who will be the 4th - 8th seeds in the East?

Rank the 4th-8th seeds in the East? Atl, Chi, Was, Tor, Phi, Det, Mia, Char, Mil, Ind, NJN, NYK

goku
08-09-2009, 12:32 AM
4 raptors added hedo reggie evens belli from golden state
5 hawks added crawford
6 wizards added foye and miller plus arenas is back
7 76ers elton brand back added kapono
8 heat havent made a move same team as last yr

jgonboricua
08-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Bulls
Raps
heat
76rs
wiz

J_M_B
08-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Washington
Atlanta
Miami
Toronto
Philadelphia

jayl1377
4 Bulls
5 Hawks
6 Raptors
7 Heat
8 Wizards

J_M_B
4 raptors
5 wizards
6 76ers
7 heat
8 bulls

No Hawks?

goku
08-09-2009, 12:42 AM
No Hawks?

i forgot about them

Gup
08-09-2009, 12:45 AM
i Dont want to sound biased, but i'd put the raptors over the Magic. The Raps have a deeper bench not to mention a VERY strong starting line up with the addition of Hedo.
But i'll go along with the thread and say
Raps
Hawks
Heat
Pistons
Wiz

Toenail Clipper
08-09-2009, 12:47 AM
Wizards
Raptors
Hawks
Detroit

I'm sorry Heat and Bulls.

yanksknicksgmen
08-09-2009, 12:50 AM
hawks
pistons
toronto
washington
miami

Jays Claw
08-09-2009, 01:34 AM
1. Boston Celtics
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Orlando Magic
4. Toronto Raptors
5. Washington Wizards
6. Miami Heat
7. Atlanta Hawks
8. Chicago Bulls

jazzfan4life
08-09-2009, 01:50 AM
4 hawks
5 bulls
6 raptors
7 heat
8 76ers

LifeAboveTheRim
08-09-2009, 02:02 AM
New York doesn't get on the East list?

cmellofan15
08-09-2009, 02:06 AM
Hawks
Raptors
Bulls
Heat
Wizards

clutchski
08-09-2009, 02:11 AM
Hawks
Raptors
76ers
Wizards
Heat
Bulls (9)

uncleben989
08-09-2009, 04:22 AM
Raps
Hawks
Wizards
bulls

LayZbone
08-09-2009, 04:43 AM
Maybe the 4s and 8s in the thread title threw some of you off....but you need to be posting 5 teams.

Atlanta
Washington
Miami
Toronto
Philly

Chateamsfan
08-09-2009, 05:17 AM
4. Atlanta
5. Washington
6. Toronto
7. Philadelphia
8. Charlotte

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 07:44 AM
so with the exception of 2 or 3 of ya none of you think the pistons are going to be in the playoffs... yall are smoking some crazy ****

4.)Hawks
5.)Heat
6.)Pistons
7.)Wizards
8.)Raptors

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 08:25 AM
4th - Bulls
5th - Hawks
6th - Heat
7th - Wizards
8th - Raptors

johodo2
08-09-2009, 09:05 AM
4.Raps
5.Wizards
6.Hawks
7.Bulls
8.Pistons

jimbobjarree
08-09-2009, 09:15 AM
4- Hawks
5- Wizards
6- Bulls
7- Raps
8- Heat
9- Philly

bigsams50
08-09-2009, 09:26 AM
4.Raps
5.Hawks
6.Wiz
7.Heat
8.Bobcats

disk 8
08-09-2009, 09:27 AM
The rap didn't even make the playoffs last year, I think everybody is ranking them a little high. They would be lucky to make a 7 or 8 seed.

prodigy
08-09-2009, 09:33 AM
4 raptors
5 hawks
6 76ers
7 heat- still have that wade guy
8 bulls

Wizards need to prove they can stay healthy. Gotta earn the respect.

KnicksR4Real
08-09-2009, 09:34 AM
if we get sessions we will have a brakeout season and be 7-8

prodigy
08-09-2009, 09:35 AM
The rap didn't even make the playoffs last year, I think everybody is ranking them a little high. They would be lucky to make a 7 or 8 seed.

Your fogetting that after 1-3 the east is not that strong. So 1 player can make a difference. bosh, turk, jose etc... If they stay healthy, watch out. But there bench is really bad other then jack. SO IDK...

DuncanF91
08-09-2009, 09:35 AM

With the additions of Hedo Turkoglu, Jarret Jack, Reggie Evans, Marco Belinello, and even Rasho Nesterovic, while losing Shawn Marion, Kris Humphries, and in all likelyhood Joey Graham and Pops, the Raps are an entirely different team this year, especially with the emergence of Bargnani.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-09-2009, 09:37 AM
There is a bunch of homers in here with the Raptors at 4th seed, keep dreaming.

mikantsass
08-09-2009, 09:38 AM
4. Hawks
5. Wizards
6. Heat
7. 76ers
8. Raptors

Sly Guy
08-09-2009, 09:54 AM
such diversity in the responses [aside from my toronto fans and their homer picks], this should be an interesting season to see how the east playoff race rounds out. My picks:

4. Atlanta [they're better than us still. No answer for Johnson, or Smith]
5. Toronto [we had a good offseason, added better pieces without taking away much. Enjoy AP, LeBron]
6. Washington [provided they stay healthy. I have faith they will this time around]
7. Chicago [anyone really think that Derrick Rose isn't ready to fill Ben Gordon's 'go to guy' status after being tested by fire in last year's playoffs?]
8. Miami [D-Wade can carry a team, but they really don't have much else, too bad, cuz I like the guy]

torontomania
08-09-2009, 10:00 AM
I'm pretty sure you don't judge teams on what they did last year. There team is totally changed. And plus, last year they had a new coach half way through the year and last year they had some roster changes.

4. RAPS
5. Hawks
6. WSH
7. Heat
8. Pistons

GAWDtv
08-09-2009, 10:02 AM
i Dont want to sound biased, but i'd put the raptors over the Magic. The Raps have a deeper bench not to mention a VERY strong starting line up with the addition of Hedo.
Raps
Hawks
Heat
Pistons
Wiz

Raptors bench is deeper than ORL? who exactly?? You crazy.

__________________________________________________ _______________

1. Clev. LBJ_MVP_AGAIN AVG TRIPLE DUB...They where the best last season and got better. AP will surprise you with so much room, watch his shooting percentage go up this season, Moon as well. Plus their defense is HELLA scary now inside and out DEEP. Shaq, just play like last season and he is a huge improvement over Ilgauskis, and now Illy is coming off the bench? DAMN This team is well built and the pieces all compliment eachother.

2. ORLANDO, This team is deep and a match-up nightmare. They improved their flaws exposed in the finals and VC in his hometown as the 3rd option should be a match made in Disney. Too bad Skip couldn't back-up Nelson this season.

3. BOSTON. With KG back + Sheeds Passion added to KG's these two can will a ring by themselves. I can't see how they gave Marbery a ride but won't even stop the Bus to talk to AI? They can bring AI in the mix to add some depth and they may move up to the 2 spot - Maybe.

4. Washington. This is pre season on paper and the news is Agent 0's back. Foye and Miller add better balance and the young front line looked stronger in LVSL play. Sure injury changes everything, for any team, but for now, Wiz be hosting a playoff series.

5. Atlanta. I like Crawford coming to this squad, the game they play in ATL should get Crawford to the ASG and ATL comfortably back to the playoffs.

6. Chicago loosing BG is HUGE. For NADA? Miller and Salmons with a training camp and leadership roles, plus a healthy Deng this team can be scary come 2nd season.

7. Philly lost Andre Miller and I donít know how they donít realize how much that hurt them. They will need to bring in Rafer Alston or soťm because with all those ballers they got, they need a floor General STAT.

8. Toronto falls here on paper but being from Toronto I donít see how this team plans to win. Up tempo? Half court?? We have no starting guards, all back-ups (and canít see AI can START and help us #$%&*). I see 1st round quick exit and/or Bosh leaves/traded for another white guy.

9. Miami hasnít done anything to improve. NOTHING. They got worse. Depending on J.O. to be the difference maker lol, remember Iím from T.O. Wade is great but come-on, he can only do so much. He and Bosh may join forces on one of these Cap cleared squads like NYK, I digressÖ

10. Indy, what can I say about Indy, ya...

11. Charlotte, lack talent and loosing what they got. Okafor for Chandler, YA???

12. NYK, they remind me of the Toronto Maple Leafs of BAsketball. In the Mecca of their sport so why build a competitor, they will come anyways seems to be the thought process in both these parallel organizations.

13. Detroit, oh how the mighty have fallen, you think AI was a head case? Stuckey anybody?!? Stop blaiming AI, he didn't trade Chauncey, or hire Curry or draft Darko over Bosh/Wade/Melo/etc. Why didn't Stuckey give AI3 his # anyways, any stories/links on that whole episode?

14. NJ has too many guards, Maybe Holla at Toronto and maybe help balance eachother out. When this team gets to Brooklyn they may be like 13,12.

15. Mil Whateva

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Raps
Hawks
Heat
Pistons
Wiz

Jarrett Jack > Anthony Johnson
Marco Belinelli < Mickael Pietrus
Antoine Wright < Matt Barnes
Reggie Evans < Brandon Bass
Patrick O'Bryant < Marcin Gortat

Advantage Magic

randomness
08-09-2009, 10:31 AM
Jarrett Jack > Anthony Johnson
Marco Belinelli < Mickael Pietrus
Antoine Wright < Matt Barnes
Reggie Evans < Brandon Bass
Patrick O'Bryant < Marcin Gortat

Advantage Magic

Actually, our backup center is Rasho Nesterovic.

Back on topic.

1. Orlando Magic
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Atlanta Hawks
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Miami Heat
7. Washington Wizards
8. Chicago Bulls

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 10:33 AM
Actually, our backup center is Rasho Nesterovic.

Back on topic.

1. Orlando Magic
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Boston Celtics
4. Atlanta Hawks
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Miami Heat
7. Washington Wizards
8. Chicago Bulls

oh, i was just going by yahoo sports depth charts sorry dont really follow either team...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-09-2009, 11:27 AM
4/5. Hawks and Raptors(Hawks have the best 3 man guard rotation with Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford and Mike Bibby while the Raptors have depth back)
6. Wizards(Arenas and 2 good players)
7. Miami(No new moves)
8. 76ers(They get their 3 point shooting and Brand back)

shas
08-09-2009, 11:50 AM
Raps
hawks
heat
pistons
76ers or bulls

NO WASHINGTON. I can't see 1of the worst teams from last year just jumping into the playoffs just cuz of some new young players and there often injured leader. Yeah some of u will jump on me and ask why I have the raps at 4th, they had 1 of the best off seasons in the NBA.

Raidaz4Life
08-09-2009, 11:52 AM
4th- Hawks
5th- Heat
6th- Bulls
7th- Wizards
8th- Pistons

zachattach
08-09-2009, 11:56 AM
4. Hawks- Crawford is going to take a lot of presure off both Bibby and Joe when they need a bucket, that will really help in late game situations come playoff time. 5. Raptors- the ever improving youngsters they have up there and the addictions of Jack, Evans and Hedo (and the others) should really raise there level of play. (Talent wins games). 6. Washington- Agent Zero back, so there big 3 are back intact, they were able to get another shooter (mike miller) and creator (randy foye) they are well rounded and built for the playoffs. 7. Bulls- Must I say more then Damn Derrik Rose has GAME.. Luol back they'll be fine.. 8.Bobcats- Finally get over the hump, I give them this 8th seed because I saw what Larry Brown did with this team last season and I don't think it stops there. Larry will get the best out of Chandler and this team will become one of the better defensive teams in the League.

Earmuffed1
08-09-2009, 11:57 AM
i pray you guys are right. i think it's

chicago
76ers
washington
miami

as a sixers fan i hope we get into the lottery because it's the only possibility we have of being not mediocre in the next 4 years or so.

i just don't know about toronto, i'd like to replace sixers with them, but i dunno

it pains me to say this but the nba just kind of sucks, seriously there's like 5 teams in the league worth watching, and only when thy play each other. and only boston is in the east. Cleveland and orlando will win games, but i think we all know they aren't really good teams, just a dominant player on each, and in today's watered down league that's all you need. these guys need to go to and stay in college, learn how to play the game from coaches who's job security is much better than any nba coach who sadly just plays babysitter to a bunch of athletic babies that can dunk a basketball. maybe this is a different thread. hahaha.

Agar81
08-09-2009, 11:59 AM
4. Wizards
5. Toronto
6. Chicago
7. Philly
8. Miami
:clap:

mdabstar
08-09-2009, 12:01 PM
4. miami
5. toronto
6. philadelphia
7. detroit
8. chicago or charlotte

mdabstar
08-09-2009, 12:04 PM
its so funny that the people are ranking the bulls either 4 or 5. remember chicago lost ben gordon. whenever the bulls made a splash in the playoffs, it was gordon that carried that team. it wasnt deng or rose. dont get me wrong i think rose is a good player.

jsumadchat
08-09-2009, 12:10 PM
raps
hawks
heat
wiz
bobcats.

THiiRTYONE
08-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Washington
Atlanta
Miami
Toronto
Philadelphia

really? i dont see miami finishing before raps

D2theJ
08-09-2009, 12:23 PM
Hawks
Wizards
Bulls
Heat
Raptors

I don't get why everyones so high on the Raptors, theyre not good..

Ragun
08-09-2009, 12:43 PM
why are people putting bulls so high? they lost their best scorer. but if deng comes back to his form a couple of years ago then they will make it but not a top 5 team still.

Ragun
08-09-2009, 12:44 PM
Hawks
Wizards
Bulls
Heat
Raptors

I don't get why everyones so high on the Raptors, theyre not good..
calderon, to hedo, hedo to bosh, bosh to bargs = game over!

ink
08-09-2009, 01:17 PM
It's as if the Pistons were no longer in the East. My feeling is that they will make the playoffs and could surprise some people. Too good a franchise to fall off so quickly even though they've made such major changes.

ink
08-09-2009, 01:20 PM
oh, i was just going by yahoo sports depth charts sorry dont really follow either team...

And yet you rated them?

:confused:

Gee I wonder how many times that happens on PSD. Sig worthy. lol.

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 01:28 PM
And yet you rated them?

:confused:

Gee I wonder how many times that happens on PSD. Sig worthy. lol.

lol i worded that wrong i shoulda said that i dont follow either team hardcore sorry im @ work only had about an hour and a half sleep last night

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 01:32 PM
why are people putting bulls so high? they lost their best scorer. but if deng comes back to his form a couple of years ago then they will make it but not a top 5 team still.

And we got Deng back and then we got James Johnson and Taj Gibson.

homestarunner93
08-09-2009, 01:33 PM
1. Boston Celtics
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Orlando Magic
4. Atlanta Hawks
5. Toronto Raptors
6. Miami Heat
7. Washington Wizards
8. Charlotte Bobcats

Jays Claw
08-09-2009, 01:36 PM
And we got Deng back and then we got James Johnson and Taj Gibson.

Are you telling me both James Johnson and Taj Gibson are going to make that much of difference?

kswissdaf
08-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Raps will be lucky to make the playoffs

4.Hawks
5.76ers
6.Heat
7.Bulls
8.Wizards

kswissdaf
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
Why does everyone think the raps are any good they were absolutely terrible ya i know they got Hedo but they lost Marion but i know its an improvement but not much

ink
08-09-2009, 01:50 PM
Why does everyone think the raps are any good they were absolutely terrible ya i know they got Hedo but they lost Marion but i know its an improvement but not much

Even with Marion they struggled because they gave up leads when their horrible bench took the floor. Every game. No matter how competitive their starters were they couldn't just give up 15-20 points a night to the other team's bench and expect to win.

In addition to Hedo, they acquired a top 10 draft pick in DeRozan, dealing with a weakness at SG. New faces on the bench: Wright, Jack, Belinelli, Nesterovic, Evans, all big upgrades.

Still, I'm really disappointed in Raptors fans homerism in this thread.

JB you were smart not to make it a poll question. As long as homer fans dominate these threads, it's meaningless to attach a poll.

Raptors will fight for the 4th playoff seed, but in reality they could come in anywhere from 5th-8th just as easily. The conference is getting much stronger, and teams like the Bobcats aren't getting the mentions they should be.

Bucks24226
08-09-2009, 01:54 PM
if we get sessions we will have a brakeout season and be 7-8
Trust me Sessions cannot carry a team to the playoffs, not one person for Bucks, wow
4.Hawks
5.Heat
6.Bulls
7.Bobcats
8.BUCKS

b_rad23
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Definitely think the Pistons, Bulls and Raptors are getting a bit too much love.

People are saying the Heat got worse??? 2 rookies will now be sophomores, JO has nowhere to go but up following last year and this summer's workout program, they'll have Jones for the full year, Cook will be a year matured, Wright will be healed...

You don't know much about the Heat if you don't think they're a better team this year.

4. Hawks (young team one year more experienced- huge upgrades in the backcourt)
5. Wizards (too talented to be out of the top 5 assuming they stay healthy)
6. Heat (see begining of post)
7. Raptors (huge upgrade on offense with Hedo, defense sucks but they can score)
8. Philly (uptempo studs plus Brand healthy and the world's best shooter)
9. Bulls (hate that they let Gordon go- that was their best player IMO)
10. Pistons (rebuilding takes time, not overly talented, not great defensively)

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Trust me Sessions cannot carry a team to the playoffs, not one person for Bucks, wow
4.Hawks
5.Heat
6.Bulls
7.76ers
8.BUCKS

and for good reason

Bucks24226
08-09-2009, 02:03 PM
^^ sig bet pistons don't make palyoffs and the Bucks do

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 02:06 PM

alright lets do it....

the bet i mean not sex lol

SA5195
08-09-2009, 02:07 PM
This thread is kinda dumb..cause its mostly homers.

rainbowcow1
08-09-2009, 02:28 PM
new york doesn't get on the east list?

^lol

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 02:32 PM

They are on my list

15.) New York

JIDsanity
08-09-2009, 02:44 PM

LOL. Bucks have nothing, Pistons have a better chance, but I doubt either will make it.

IndiansFan337
08-09-2009, 02:49 PM
4. Miami
5. Washington
6. Atlanta
7. Chicago
8. Philadelphia
9. Toronto
10. Detroit
11. Charlotte
12. Indiana
13. New York
14. Milwaukee
15. New Jersey

MiamiHeat
08-09-2009, 02:53 PM
9. Miami hasnít done anything to improve. NOTHING. They got worse. Depending on J.O. to be the difference maker lol, remember Iím from T.O. Wade is great but come-on, he can only do so much. He and Bosh may join forces on one of these Cap cleared squads like NYK, I digressÖ

Definitely think the Pistons, Bulls and Raptors are getting a bit too much love.

People are saying the Heat got worse??? 2 rookies will now be sophomores, JO has nowhere to go but up following last year and this summer's workout program, they'll have Jones for the full year, Cook will be a year matured, Wright will be healed...

You don't know much about the Heat if you don't think they're a better team this year.

yeah I didn't get this GAWDtv guy saying we haven't done anything yet he says we gotten worse...:confused:
I think we gotten better, Chalmers and Beasley getting better, JO getting healthy, and we aren't depending on JO to be the difference maker...

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM

10. Pistons (rebuilding takes time, not overly talented, not great defensively)

Stuckey/Bynum
Rip/Gordon
Tayshaun/Summers
CVill/Maxiell
Wilcox/Wallace

your statement is confusing

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 03:02 PM
Are you telling me both James Johnson and Taj Gibson are going to make that much of difference?

Yep just like Parker and Manu did for the Spurs as rookies.

Jays Claw
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
Yep just like Parker and Manu did for the Spurs as rookies.

So the Chicago Bulls will be relying on rookies and a young Derrick Rose to take them far into the playoffs?

skizzlebizzle5
08-09-2009, 03:06 PM
1. Boston
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. Bulls
5. Hawks
6. Heat
7. Wizards
8. Raptors
9. Pacers
10. Sixers
11. Pistons
12. Bobcats
13. Knicks
14. Bucks
15. Nets

BALLER R
08-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Raps will be lucky to make the playoffs

4.Hawks
5.76ers
6.Heat
7.Bulls
8.Wizards

really and washington won't

rainbowcow1
08-09-2009, 03:27 PM

teams can do alot in one season the celtics went from second worst team in the nba to the champs. so it doesnt really matter bout the past years it matters bout the offseason they have

Raps18-19 Champ
08-09-2009, 03:31 PM
I have some worries for the following teams.

Chicago lost their 2nd best player in Gordon and pretty much gained nothing.
76ers have no solid PG what so ever.
Heat never made an off season move yet and the rumours of AI going there might make them worse.

D2theJ
08-09-2009, 03:33 PM
calderon, to hedo, hedo to bosh, bosh to bargs = game over!

Ok so they got Hedo. He's good, but the lost Marion, who was also a pretty solid player. They lost Anthony Parker, who is pretty much Bellineli if not better overall, plus other minor additions and subtractions. Derozan probably won't be great this year. SO yes they are better, but they are not a 4 or 5 seed better. This team was 13th last year! And it's not like they added a superstar. 7th or 8th seems to be more realistic to me..

IversonIsKrazy
08-09-2009, 03:48 PM
4) Atlanta
5) Toronto
6) Washington
7) Bulls
8) Heat
----------------
9) 76ers (they dont have a true PG, and thas going to make the half-court game even worse, and is going to make Elton Brand an even worse player as well.
10) Pistons (im sorry, but I dont y ppl overrate them, they added Charlie-V and BG7 to back-up Rip. I c them finishing with a 50% record, but thas it. Their D is terrible.

corywoe
08-09-2009, 04:04 PM
1. Boston
2. Cavs
3. Magic
4. heat
5. Hawks
6. bulls
7. Raptors
8. Pacers
9. Wizards
10. Sixers
11. Pistons
12. Bobcats
13. Knicks
14. Bucks
15. Nets

and no one truthfully thinks the pacers are goin to make it higher then 8 next year is comical especially with everyone thinking that the wiz is goin to make it is hilarious in its own because agent zero is goin to play 1 maybe 2 games before he goes down for the last 80 lol come on are you serious

DetroitRipCity
08-09-2009, 07:39 PM
4) Atlanta
5) Toronto
6) Washington
7) Bulls
8) Heat
----------------
9) 76ers (they dont have a true PG, and thas going to make the half-court game even worse, and is going to make Elton Brand an even worse player as well.
10) Pistons (im sorry, but I dont y ppl overrate them, they added Charlie-V and BG7 to back-up Rip. I c them finishing with a 50% record, but thas it. Their D is terrible.

Right now their D is mediocre but i think with Ben coming back you might be surprised at how well he mentors the young guys. Who knows maybe he is our Charm we havent been to the finals w/o him in this decade... i think its too early to count the pistons out, i mean they made the playoffs last year with a worse team kinda silly to think they wont be back

coolmo
08-09-2009, 07:55 PM
4. magic
5. hawks
6. celtics
7. raps
8. bulls

and you won't know who's 1, 2, and 3 :):clap:

JordansBulls
08-09-2009, 07:58 PM
4. magic
5. hawks
6. celtics
7. raps
8. bulls

and you won't know who's 1, 2, and 3 :):clap:

Please tell me this list is a joke?

ya_boi
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty sure you don't judge teams on what they did last year. There team is totally changed. And plus, last year they had a new coach half way through the year and last year they had some roster changes.

4. RAPS
5. Hawks
6. WSH
7. Heat
8. Pistons

Those are some bold predictions. :faint:
Really not that convinced about the raps yet. Miami really a one man team for now until Beasley man up and show that magic from K-State I just don't see them making it this year. Detriot no D all that fire power could become a poor man verion of D'Antioni Pheonix teams.

4. Hawks
5. WSH
6. Bulls
7. Raps
8. MIA, CHAR, Pistons, NYK, MIL

Lakers4ItAll
08-09-2009, 10:57 PM

Is this a joke?

charlsdq7
08-09-2009, 11:09 PM
miami..philly...toron...dc...chi

Chateamsfan
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM
Ill just let you Bobcats haters not put my team on the list. Ill just enjoy it when they get into the playoffs and surprise.

phoenix_bladen
08-09-2009, 11:55 PM
Ok so they got Hedo. He's good, but the lost Marion, who was also a pretty solid player. They lost Anthony Parker, who is pretty much Bellineli if not better overall, plus other minor additions and subtractions. Derozan probably won't be great this year. SO yes they are better, but they are not a 4 or 5 seed better. This team was 13th last year! And it's not like they added a superstar. 7th or 8th seems to be more realistic to me..

no i think they are 4th to 6th seed

ok they're 13th last year ? i don't think that was their real record i think they under achieved last year

they went to the playoffs twice the year before that and they pretty much had the same core team just - a few bench depth players

and this team will continue to grow they have a lot of young players

bargnani will continue to develop

and derozan whatever impact he can bring next year is a plus

and anthony parker is overrated he was probably the worst starting shooting guard in the league last year

the guy is turning 35 ? he's not getting much younger

if it's the parker we had 2-3 years ago then maybe but now ? not much of a difference and belinelli has way more upside since he's 23

jacquewho?
08-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Why are people not including the Pacers as a 7th-8th seed? Seems ridiculous to me. We missed the playoffs last season by about 2 games outta 8th (without Dunleavy for 60+ games too) and we got a deeper team this season.

zachattach
08-10-2009, 12:50 AM
^ I wanted to put them on my list I just wasn't sure who to take off.. I think if the Bulls miss out then you can fill the Pacers in.. I'd like to see Danny Granger in the playoffs, and i 'd also like to see Gerald Wallace in the playoffs.

SKILLANUEVA
08-17-2009, 11:16 PM
1. Cleveland Cavaliers- They had a good run last year, and didn't match up well with Orlando, but they have gotten a few more pieces that will yet again help them reach the top seed.

2. Orlando Magic- Orlando also added a few players that can help them, but they won't get far in the playoffs after losing Hedo, Courtney Lee, and Rafer Alston. The addition of Vince Carter helps them get a go-to scorer, but he was never a big winner.

3. Boston Celtics- Last year the Celtics left the playoffs early because Kevin Garnett got injured. If their core stays healthy they should be looking to be high in the east.

4. Atlanta Hawks- The Hawks are still pretty far away from the first three teams, but they had a pretty successful offseason, in which they resigned Marvin Williams, Mke Bibby, and Zaza Pachulia. They also made a good trade fro Jamal Crawford and drafted Jeff Teague.

5. Chicago Bulls- The Bulls had a offseason where they lost their top scorer, Ben Gordon. But the with Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng, and John Salmons healthy and their young players still improving they should be pretty good.

6. Miami Heat- The Heat are basically the same team they were last year. They won't be getting anywhere far, but are still in the top 8 of the east because, well, they are better than the other teams

7. Toronto Raptors- The Raptors improved this summer with the signing of Hedo Turkoglu and I expect Andre Bargnani to improve some more. They drafted a very talented shooting guard from USC, Demar DeRozan. Their starting lineup looks very good, but their bench might be troubled.

8. Detroit Pistons- The Pistons had a productive offseason. They got Ben Gordon and Charlie Villanueva. But they are left with nobody at center. Chris Wilcox, Ben Wallace, and Kwame Brown don't have the qualities of a starting center. And the D in Detroit is now gone. The last remaining defenders are Tayshaun Prince, Richard Hamilton, and if Ben Wallace still has it, then him too. But Prince and Hamilton have both been mentioned in many trade rumors and could be gone by the trade deadline. The Pistons also have 3 guards, all of which can shoot, none of which can pass. Rodney Stuckey has a lot of potential, but last season didn't show that he was ready to be a leader.
12. Indiana Pacers
13. Milwaukee Bucks
14. New Jersey Nets
15. New York Knicks

Boston-Born
08-17-2009, 11:29 PM
4 Bulls
5 Hawks
6 Heat
7 Pistons
8 Wiz/76ers/Bobcats/Pacers

Putting the Raps, Nets, Knicks, and Bucks as the 4 worst.

WITZ
08-17-2009, 11:39 PM
4)Hawks
5)Raptors
6)Wizards
7)Heat or bulls
8)Bulls or Heat

hgtiger32
03-20-2010, 10:09 PM
hah this is funny to look back on...especially the wizards and bucks

Lord Leoshes
03-20-2010, 10:15 PM
really? i dont see miami finishing before raps

:crazy::down:

Kyben36
03-20-2010, 10:20 PM
bulls will be lucky to make the playoffs, likely 8th seed at best, unless the Heat and Raptors just fall over board

thescore53
03-20-2010, 10:20 PM
that can still happen 0.5 back

JordansBulls
03-20-2010, 11:12 PM
hah this is funny to look back on...especially the wizards and bucks

Wow you brought this back from the dead.

Raph12
03-21-2010, 03:08 AM
4. Atl
5. Mil
6. Char
7. Mia
8. Tor

Fireworld
03-21-2010, 04:38 AM
I lol'd at all the people that chose Wizards.

Lord Leoshes
03-21-2010, 06:36 AM
bulls will be lucky to make the playoffs, likely 8th seed at best, unless the Heat and Raptors just fall over board

The Heat have only 12 games left & only 3 are against playoff team.the other 8 should be a cakewalk. starting tuesday with the NJN.
& MIL schedule is the hardest for all of ours.

JordansBulls
03-21-2010, 09:13 AM
I lol'd at all the people that chose Wizards.

Well they appeared to be good.

todu82
03-21-2010, 10:00 AM
I thought the Bulls and Raptors would be doing better than what they are.

Ragun
03-21-2010, 10:16 AM
o come on raps fans. raps are not better than the magic or hawks. if you think they are, you guys are up for a major upset in the playoffs. the raptors are probably the most inconsistent team in the league and their defense is ****. they gotta play some sort of D if they want to be considered a contender. they are top 5 in a lot of offensive categories but bottom 5 in pretty much all the defensive categories.

hawks
bucks
raps
cats
heat

alencp3
03-21-2010, 10:25 AM
4.Hawks
5.Heat
6.Bulls
7.Bobcats
8.BUCKS

:clap:

RaptorizedKevin
03-21-2010, 01:37 PM
o come on raps fans. raps are not better than the magic or hawks. if you think they are, you guys are up for a major upset in the playoffs. the raptors are probably the most inconsistent team in the league and their defense is ****. they gotta play some sort of D if they want to be considered a contender. they are top 5 in a lot of offensive categories but bottom 5 in pretty much all the defensive categories.

hawks
bucks
raps
cats
heat

+1 agree completly.

Toenail Clipper
03-21-2010, 02:10 PM
4 Bulls
5 Hawks
6 Heat
7 Pistons
8 Wiz/76ers/Bobcats/Pacers

Putting the Raps, Nets, Knicks, and Bucks as the 4 worst.

Pistons?!
LMFAO

IRUAM #21
03-21-2010, 02:14 PM
Wizards
Raptors
Hawks
Detroit

I'm sorry Heat and Bulls.

Pistons?!
LMFAO

:facepalm:

Hoopsadvocate
03-21-2010, 02:52 PM
Picking washington was understandable IMO they had 3 potential allstars and too great offseason pickups in Foye and Miller + a return of a healthy Haywood. So i wouldnt give people who picked them too much grief i would however give it to the people who picked the pistons i remmber some people said they would be better than the HEAT by far. I LOLed then and i LOL now adding two one dimensional players (gordon,Villenueva) is not gonna help you.

ATL/Boston
Bucks
HEAT
Bobcats
Raptors

is the most likely outcome based on schedules and current play.

sargon21
03-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Most likely the #1-#3 seeds will be Boston, Cleveland and Orlando in the east.

Who will be the 4th - 8th seeds in the East?

Rank the 4th-8th seeds in the East? Atl, Chi, Was, Tor, Phi, Det, Mia, Char, Mil, Ind, NJN, NYK

4.Atl
5.Mil
6.Chi
7.Mia
8.Tor

bigsams50
03-21-2010, 06:20 PM
4.Atl
5.Mil
6.Chi
7.Mia
8.Tor

So the Bobcats are just gonna magically miss the postseason?

Lord Leoshes
03-21-2010, 07:18 PM
5th MIA
6th CHA
7th MIL
8th TOR

the only reason that MIL does not stay at 5th though they have been playing excellent ball, is cause they have the hardest schedule of the 4 team there.
Miami has the easiest schedule, with CHA 2nd.

The only place where i could go wrong is if MIL beats most of these playoff teams they have comeing up on their schedule, & to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if they did.

JordansBulls
03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Pistons?!
LMFAO

Well this was in August.

thescore53
03-22-2010, 10:06 PM

well it was posted by a bulls fan they could have removed tor instead but ... these are the same guys that believe lebron will play in chi even if they win a ship becaue the bulls have better pieces

jackdawson
03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
4.Atl
5.Mil
6.Chi:rolleyes:
7.Mia
8.Tor

I guess next thing you are gonna say D Rose for mvp.

jay87shot
03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
1 Cle
2 Orl
3 Mil
4 Bos
5 Atl
6 Mia
7 Cha
8 Tor

The Bucks are on a role, best team in the league since acquiring Salmons.

Slimsim
03-22-2010, 10:19 PM

Just wait till this summer. Everyone will Jump the ban wagon.

bigsams50
03-22-2010, 10:24 PM
well it was posted by a bulls fan they could have removed tor instead but ... these are the same guys that believe lebron will play in chi even if they win a ship becaue the bulls have better pieces

LMAO thats so true to most of them its Rose > Everyone Else

sargon21
03-22-2010, 10:58 PM

yep, they're gonna fall HARD And before you quote me on this, realize I am somewhat kidding :)

JordansBulls
03-23-2010, 08:43 AM
4.Atl
5.Mil
6.Chi
7.Mia
8.Tor

Bulls aren't going to be the 6th seed. I'd take the 7th seed though.

bigsams50
03-23-2010, 09:47 AM
yep, they're gonna fall HARD And before you quote me on this, realize I am somewhat kidding :)

Edit, did see the fine print lol

RadiantShot
03-23-2010, 09:50 AM
Raps
Hawks
Heat
Pistons
Wiz

:facepalm:

More than you can comprehend.

3-1.

RadiantShot
03-23-2010, 09:56 AM
What the hell are some of you smoking?

Did I read the thread correctly?

This is for this season right?

Where do you guys get off putting Washington as a 4th-8th seed.

Where's Milwaukee?

Charlotte?

Some of you lost your mind.

ugafan
03-23-2010, 10:37 AM

Where's Milwaukee?

Charlotte?

How about before you try and get on other people, you look how old this thread is so you don't look stupid next time.

Brew Crew
03-23-2010, 11:54 AM
5th MIA
6th CHA
7th MIL
8th TOR

the only reason that MIL does not stay at 5th though they have been playing excellent ball, is cause they have the hardest schedule of the 4 team there.
Miami has the easiest schedule, with CHA 2nd.

The only place where i could go wrong is if MIL beats most of these playoff teams they have comeing up on their schedule, & to be honest, i wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Miami? Hahahah!

Lets look at the "tough" teams Milwaukee has beat on their amazing run.

Since late Feb.
Charlotte, (By your thought process - Miami), Cleveland without Lebron, Boston, Utah, Denver, and Atlanta.

Point is, I'm not worried about their upcoming opponents.

D1JM
03-23-2010, 12:11 PM

Where's Milwaukee?

Charlotte?

next time you should look when the thread was made :facepalm:

ATX
03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
5-Bucks 46-36
6-Heat 45-37
7-Raptors 43-39
8-Bobcats 41-41