PDA

View Full Version : nba offseanson trades and signing grades

CraigtheSoxFan
08-08-2009, 10:52 PM
ok nba fans you get a chance to grade teams for there offseason trades and signings

here are my grades sofar for this offseason
the top five in the eastern confrance

Boston A+ signed rasheed, daniels and williams and close to resign big baby a nice offseason for boston

Cleveland A+ they added shaq from a trade with the suns also added Moon and parker a great offseason for the cavs

Orlando A- added carter,bass and barnes but also lost allston hedo and lee but a good offseason overall

Detroit b+ added a good sg in ben gordon also added Charlie v and big ben wallace but lost mcdyess

chicago C they lost Ben gordon who was big in the playoffs but could be adding boozer

the top five in the western confrance

San antoino A+ best offseason sofar! they added jeferson and mcdyess

LA A+ they did good this offseason they added artest and resigned odum but lost ariza

New orleans B- they added Emeka Okafor and Ike Diogu

dallas A They added Shawn Marion Tim Thomas and Drew gooden also resigned kidd but loss bass not a bad offseason

houston C added ariza but lost artest

ok guys now its your turn what are your grades for the nba this offseason

DetroitRipCity
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
Detroit b+ added a good sg in ben gordon also added Charlie v and big ben wallace but lost mcdyess

also added Wilcox i would say at least an A for the grade

Raps18-19 Champ
08-08-2009, 10:56 PM
A+ might be stretching it for Boston.

I know they added Wallace but that is really more of a role player acquisition instead of a star acquisition.

Vinny642
08-08-2009, 10:58 PM
B-?
Come on not a B or B+?
We improve our bench, we drafted a sleeper in Thorton. And we arent done.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-08-2009, 10:59 PM
I'd give the Raptors anywhere from B to A.

Draco
08-08-2009, 11:00 PM
Chicago - Incomplete. The decision to let Gordon walk was made to allow future cap flexability.. and not just for 2010. James Johnson and Gibson are decent prospects for the 16th and 26th? draft slot. Remains to be seen how well they'll do.

J_M_B
08-09-2009, 01:22 AM
Washington Wizards improved by adding Randy Foye and Mike Miller. Also will have a healthy Gilbert Arenas.

Toronto Raptors improved with the additions of Hedo Turkoglu, Jarrett Jack, and Rasho Nesterovic, Marco Belinelli, DeMar DeRozan and Reggie Evans.

Cleveland Cavilers improved with acquisition of Shaquille O'Neal from the Phoenix Suns and the free agent signings of Anthony Parker and Jamario Moon.

Boston Celtics also improved with free agent signing of Rasheed Wallace and resigning of Glen Davis.

Orlando Magic acquired Vince Carter and Ryan Anderson from the New Jersey Nets for Courtney Lee and Rafer Alston. Signed free agents Brandon Bass and Matt Barnes. Also resigned Marcin Gorat.

San Antonio Spurs acquired Richard Jefferson from Milwaukee Bucks. Signed free agents Antonio McDyess and drafted Dejuan Blair and Jack McCliton.

Los Angeles Lakers sign free agent forward Ron Artest and resign Lamar Odom.

Dallas Mavericks improved by acquiring combo forward Shawn Marion from the Toronto Raptors. Signed free agents forwards Drew Gooden and Tim Thomas. As well as resign Jason Kidd.

New Orleans Hornets improved by trading for Center Emeka Okafor for Tyson Chandler. Signed free agents Ike Diogu.

These are the teams that I believe improved significantly this off season.

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 01:25 AM
Magic got an A+ IMO they did more than the Cavs not more than the celts

blastmasta26
08-09-2009, 01:26 AM
How did Chicago have a top 5 offseason? They lost Gordon and added no one. "Could be adding Boozer" is not a good reason to put them in this list. There were better choices, such as Washington or Toronto, where they actually made some moves.

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 01:32 AM
^ i think they are taking a risk with the gordon situation..you win some and lose some...just alot of ??? in the future for them

Toenail Clipper
08-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Clippers A++++++++ - Traded Zbo and have potential signing a big player in 2010
:D

Draco
08-09-2009, 01:41 AM
How did Chicago have a top 5 offseason? They lost Gordon and added no one. "Could be adding Boozer" is not a good reason to put them in this list. There were better choices, such as Washington or Toronto, where they actually made some moves.

I don't know since the OP was giving letter grades.

SF25
08-09-2009, 01:41 AM
Portland Trail Blazers: A+
Extending Roy automatically jumps the grade up to an A+. Without his extension I'd say C.