PDA

View Full Version : The "Click" is Back, but...

SluggeR
08-08-2009, 10:35 AM
Now that we pretty much have the whole team back; I'm pretty sure everyone is feeling very optimistic about the upcoming season. My whole thing though, is the next level. I think I would be hard pressed to find a hawks fan that feels good about the way we were put out the playoffs(if so u have low expectations). The question for the forum is what do you want each player in the rotation to work on/improve on/develop?

Horford: Offensive game mostly/continue to progress as a boarder/shot blocker

Smith: offensive game, basketball I.Q., attitude, rebounder

Marvin: needs to get that "dog" in him and continue to use his physical gifts to improve in all aspects of the game

Joe: When moments present themselves for him to prove he's a franchise player, answer the "bell".

Bibby: get other players easier shots/more playmaking, improve conditioning, and mentor/help develop Teague

CRAW: take higher % shots, use playmaking abilities more, give the team what ever they are missing from game-to-game

Teague: gain confidence on the NBA level, use his talents, and be coachable

ZAZA:Just be that aggressive big off the bench and be ready to start at center in case of injuries.

:)

Monkeyfumes
08-08-2009, 12:57 PM
right on sluggeR. write something on the coach

jwn0303
08-08-2009, 01:35 PM
We wouldn't have won that series either way... but we would have taken a game or two had it not been for injury issues..

on another note I am very optimistic about this season. Our backcourt is the best in our division imho with Bibby, Jamal, and Joe.. then add in Teague

the team can make a deep run if the youth of the team keeps progressing as it has been

jjfan122
08-08-2009, 06:31 PM
We wouldn't have won that series either way... but we would have taken a game or two had it not been for injury issues..

on another note I am very optimistic about this season. Our backcourt is the best in our division imho with Bibby, Jamal, and Joe.. then add in Teague

the team can make a deep run if the youth of the team keeps progressing as it has been

I agree. I have just one expectation and its for josh. If he can just develop his jumpshot and keep his little ego down.

ugadawgsfan17
08-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Agreed about Josh. Having a more effective long range jumpshot would do wonders for his game

jwn0303
08-09-2009, 01:55 AM
If Josh could develop an outside game.. he'd be damn near unstoppable

NutRush
08-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Now that we pretty much have the whole team back; I'm pretty sure everyone is feeling very optimistic about the upcoming season. My whole thing though, is the next level. I think I would be hard pressed to find a hawks fan that feels good about the way we were put out the playoffs(if so u have low expectations). The question for the forum is what do you want each player in the rotation to work on/improve on/develop?

Horford: Offensive game mostly/continue to progress as a boarder/shot blocker

Smith: offensive game, basketball I.Q., attitude, rebounder

Marvin: needs to get that "dog" in him and continue to use his physical gifts to improve in all aspects of the game

Joe: When moments present themselves for him to prove he's a franchise player, answer the "bell".

Bibby: get other players easier shots/more playmaking, improve conditioning, and mentor/help develop Teague

CRAW: take higher % shots, use playmaking abilities more, give the team what ever they are missing from game-to-game

Teague: gain confidence on the NBA level, use his talents, and be coachable

ZAZA:Just be that aggressive big off the bench and be ready to start at center in case of injuries.

:)

I mean, so basically, you just want everybody to work on everything and improve their overall games?? LOL.

jwn0303
08-09-2009, 10:43 AM
I mean, so basically, you just want everybody to work on everything and improve their overall games?? LOL.

I honestly don't see what the funny thing is.. as that's what young players do year after year..

so if you'd like to come back and post an intelligent comment.. have at it.. until then.. don't bother

Dmunk08
08-09-2009, 12:29 PM
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN....WE R ONE BIG MAN AWAY...WITH THAT SAME TEAM WE R A SECOND ROUND TEAM AT BEST....especially with the top teams getting stronger...we need to sign joe smith and a true center...or we will be stuck where we r.

just think guys...josh punishing the 3"s...big al at the 4..
and marvin off the bench with jamal, and zaza...

ko8e24
08-09-2009, 02:56 PM
good luck this season guys. looking forward to facing ur exciting team

SluggeR
08-09-2009, 07:06 PM
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN....WE R ONE BIG MAN AWAY...WITH THAT SAME TEAM WE R A SECOND ROUND TEAM AT BEST....especially with the top teams getting stronger...we need to sign joe smith and a true center...or we will be stuck where we r.

just think guys...josh punishing the 3"s...big al at the 4..
and marvin off the bench with jamal, and zaza...

Thing about it, what kind of big do you feel the hawks need(shot blocker/scorer/rebounder)? There are not alot of talented true centers in the league, and the ones that are; aint getting traded. Obtaining a center would probaly mean having to give up a player. I think Camby would be a great fit(rebounder, shotblocker, & doesn't need plays ran for him) and it wouldn't take a core player to get him. If a Camby type was acquired, if would take some serious time management to get enough minutes for everybody; + I don't think the hawks gave marvin 5 yrs for him to come off the bench. But...
Camby/zaza/horford
Horford/josh
josh/marvin
joe/craw
bibby/teague
That would be a deep ***** squad.

ATL_Representa
08-10-2009, 05:19 AM
I just do not agree with us having 2 have a "true" center..How many of them are in this league right now and how many other centers do a better job night in and night out than Al Horford??..Yeah he's really more of a 4, but dont get it twisted he can hold his own and the 5 against anybody in this league...Look at detroit and boston!..They both won championships with centers 6'9 and 6'10, So if they can we definatly can..Our problem lies with the bench depth(Need More Solid Bigs) and coaching(Offensively)!

zay2108
08-11-2009, 12:19 AM
Smith: DRIBBLING

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-13-2009, 03:16 PM
J smoove a beast!