PDA

View Full Version : LeBron on losing, shaking hands and getting dunked on

JordansBulls
08-08-2009, 09:20 AM
http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/08/06/lebron/index.html

If he could turn back time, LeBron James would have stopped on his way out of Amway Arena and spoken to reporters after his Cleveland Cavaliers were eliminated in the Eastern Conference finals. But if you still think he should have shaken some Orlando Magic players' hands after Game 6, he must agree to disagree.

"I would definitely do the media," James said Thursday in some of his first expanded comments on both the handshake controversy and the controversy over a confiscated tape of his being dunked on this summer at his skills camp. "Looking back on it, without you guys, honestly ... there's really no, there's no LeBron, there's no Dwyane Wade, there's no Tiger Woods, there's no Peyton Manning and the rest of these guys that do the things and (are) seen every day."

"Looking back on it, (not) doing the media was basically the big part of why it happened, why it got out there, and why it's still going on. If I had it to do over again, I would definitely do the media.

PBG
08-08-2009, 09:38 AM
lebron wants to do the media......

Jays Claw
08-08-2009, 10:01 AM
There is no LeBron James without the media?

magichatnumber9
08-08-2009, 10:18 AM
I dont blame the Nike incident on Lebron, Nike deserves the jab for that. When are people going to realize that for the first few years of Lebron's career, you have been sold a false sale of goods. This guy is not the humble kid down the block you thought he was. From the time he was a freshmen in high school he knew he was going to be rich. This guy is not a good person and does not want to be. Shows poor sportsmanship, and he doesn't care. And why should he? Why should he be nice to all these people who want to tear him down? Lebron learned from Kobe that it is best to live in a shell and keep everybody controlled and away. Because WE and the media are dangerous. and when I say WE, I'm mean the sluts that find there way to your hotel door, the hecklers with the video recorders, the scam artists ect. ect. ect. We have made our bed

azkarraga
08-08-2009, 10:19 AM
leblow james

Jahari Kavi
08-08-2009, 10:47 AM
i personally don't see the big deal about not shaking hands afterwards....a number of athletes and coaches have dodged "the handshake" after tough losses..............

ManRam
08-08-2009, 11:42 AM
Someone posted this yesterday.

If LeBron breaths incorrectly, he's going to vilified now. It's a shame. He didn't have one hiccup his first 6 years, and then the second he doesn't shake hands (not something NBA players usually do in general (this isn't hockey)...something Jordan didn't do numerous times in the playoffs), and the second Nike confiscates a video (not him) of him "being dunked on" (what a joke of a dunk), he becomes the worst person in the NBA. That's laughable. He shouldn't apologize for either. He should have spoken to the media, like he said...but the other two things are such non-factors it isn't even funny. Jordan did infinitely worse things throughout his career, and was never vilified. LeBron is one of the few really good guys in the NBA...and people will do whatever to bring him down.

theuuord
08-08-2009, 04:15 PM
"During the regular season, no one ever says anything. We play 82 regular-season games, eight preseason games, guys at the end of the game, no one ever shakes hands. Ever. And you move on to the next game. The congratulations, I congratulated Dwight (Howard) via e-mail, told him congratulations and good luck in the Finals. The shaking hands thing is really not a big thing for me. It's not I'm a sore loser or anything like that. I'm just moving on. You guys beat me ... I think sometimes people want you to accept losing, and I will never accept losing. There's ways to handle it certain times, and shaking hands may be it. But I will never accept losing, at anything that I do."

truuuuth.

theuuord
08-08-2009, 04:16 PM
"First of all, I never told anyone to confiscate any tapes. Nike has a no videotaping policy at pickup games. They've always done that. It just so happened that LeBron was involved, so now it's blown up. But it's a play in the game of basketball that happens all the time. You can go on YouTube right now and see me getting dunked on by a lot of guys. I mean, I like to call myself a shotblocker sometimes, and that tends to happen sometimes, when you just don't judge the ball right."

thaaaaank you, LeBron. even if idiots won't believe you.

Toenail Clipper
08-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Constantly making threads. WOOOOO :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

theuuord
08-08-2009, 04:18 PM
Constantly making threads. WOOOOO :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

i'm willing to bet that every time you post, you make him more money.

so who's winning here?

Toenail Clipper
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
i'm willing to bet that every time you post, you make him more money.

so who's winning here?

Wait, he gets paid to constantly make new threads?
O_O

prodigy
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
He's right about everything.

1. he should've spoken to the media, You don't have to shake hands, and lebron does not do it much win or lose.

2. I'm still waiting for the crawford dunk tape. Because the tape that we all saw lebron did not get dunked on.

theuuord
08-08-2009, 04:22 PM
Wait, he gets paid to constantly make new threads?
O_O

lol, you don't get how the internet economy works yet, do you....

tland22
08-08-2009, 04:22 PM
LeBron James is a cool *** dude...

Cubs Win
08-08-2009, 04:25 PM
He's right about everything.

1. he should've spoken to the media, You don't have to shake hands, and lebron does not do it much win or lose.

2. I'm still waiting for the crawford dunk tape. Because the tape that we all saw lebron did not get dunked on.

What are you talking about? It wasn't what it was hyped up to be because of all the LeBron hate, but he got dunked on. I'm a LeBron fan, he's an amazing player (best in the NBA), but there is no denying he was dunked on.

Do you know what a dunk is? LeBron clearly got dunked on.

Toenail Clipper
08-08-2009, 04:55 PM
lol, you don't get how the internet economy works yet, do you....

I know that people who make youtube videos get paid. But I never knew how a person gets money by being a forum moderator. What a career. lmao

zambo4president
08-08-2009, 04:59 PM
I hate LeBong, but do like that he blazed a few times :up:. That is literally the one aspect i somewhat like of him.

tland22
08-08-2009, 05:03 PM
I know that people who make youtube videos get paid. But I never knew how a person gets money by being a forum moderator. What a career. lmao

Dude...you are being obnoxious. OBNOXIOUS

You do know that the only reason TV was created and the only reason that people on TV make money is because of advertising, right? Same concept with the i-net.

theuuord
08-08-2009, 05:07 PM

strike two.

ManRam
08-08-2009, 05:23 PM
What are you talking about? It wasn't what it was hyped up to be because of all the LeBron hate, but he got dunked on. I'm a LeBron fan, he's an amazing player (best in the NBA), but there is no denying he was dunked on.

Do you know what a dunk is? LeBron clearly got dunked on.

He wasn't dunked on IMO. It wasn't his man, LeBron wasn't in front of him. He came off his man at the last second to try and get a block. He barely got his hand in Crawford's pathway. If Nike didn't confiscate it, and it was put on Youtube...I guarantee no one on this site would have seen the video.