PDA

View Full Version : Rubio to stay in Spain

DeeJay
08-08-2009, 07:54 AM
Ricky Rubio news straight from DKV Joventut's official twitter account!

"After endless comings and goings, Ricky Rubio is finally where he is. After many speculations about its future, the player decided to put an end to the issue of their transfer and will be announced at DKV Joventut, where he still has two more years of contract.
Pass out to the Minnesota Timberwolves and Real Madrid, Rubio said after a talk with his father concluded that it is best to close this chapter of back and forth about their future and stay at their current club.
The problem is that the base could spend next season watching the games from the stands as in Penya no intention to take this into account as part of the template (and signed Mario Fernandez and Kristaps Valters covering his post).
But Rubio is not intimidated. Makes clear that continuity within the institution virtually assured, the arrival of Fernandez and Valters only motivates him more to fight for the post: "At first I interpreted it as a sign that they did not want to continue on the team next season and now it seems clear that I am, I welcome the competition. The Hague is a good thing because it will help me to improve and continue to grow as a player. "

http://www.canishoopus.com/2009/8/7/981594/ricky-rubio-final-decision

Jays Claw
08-08-2009, 09:59 AM
It was in his best interest that he stayed in Spain. :)

Lo Porto
08-08-2009, 10:11 AM
Sucks for Minnesota. They should have traded him to NY when they had the chance. Rubio and Minny's worst expiring contract (Cardinal) for David Lee and cash would have been fair. As a Jazz fan, this makes me happy that they didn't get Lee or get Rubio.

azkarraga
08-08-2009, 10:15 AM
they say he's not playing if he stays. and besides, his team need more the money (they owe the spanish social security a lot of euros) than the player.

so that solutions is a lose-lose.

doesnt makes sense.

he's coming

Jays Claw
08-08-2009, 10:23 AM
If the Kings hadn't selected Tyreke Evans then the Timberwolves wouldn't be in this situation. :rolleyes:

Trouble87
08-08-2009, 10:24 AM
I feel like Rubio news has been talked to death... I hope his name isn't brought up again till he's playing on a NBA court

magichatnumber9
08-08-2009, 10:25 AM
If he has two years left, wasn't it stupid to enter the draft? esp with the financial details

lakers4sho
08-08-2009, 11:46 AM
:yawn:

Weak.

arkanian215
08-08-2009, 11:54 AM
no because he was projected top 3. ill say he didnt do his due diligence and get a guarantee like jennings did. now he not only embarrasses himself but also minny. the whole way he went about the situation was poor.

and no david lee for rubio wouldn't work. they have al jefferson and kevin love. al jeff is a pf in my eyes and so is love.

FaceDown91
08-08-2009, 12:58 PM
t-wolves trade roy, traded mayo, and draft 3 pgs when they could have got curry and flynn instead of 2 freaking PGs rubio and flynn...And now they basically let Rubio go.

:pity: at least give rubio to the hawks or something :D

arkanian215
08-08-2009, 01:07 PM
foye looked like the better pick on draft night. too much hindsight. if you saw a guy who was more injury plagued than another player ranked just as highly as him, would you take him?

Hellcrooner
08-08-2009, 01:18 PM
This is a strategy from Rubios Agent.

Jouventut NEEDS the money since they owe a lot of money in Taxes and to a Bank.

If he stays they will get in deep finantial trouble.

He is trying to force them to acept Khans Offer or Barcelonas offer.

Hustla23
08-08-2009, 01:41 PM
lol What a mess this is

rick66ankiel24
08-08-2009, 01:46 PM
Sucks for Minnesota. They should have traded him to NY when they had the chance. Rubio and Minny's worst expiring contract (Cardinal) for David Lee and cash would have been fair. As a Jazz fan, this makes me happy that they didn't get Lee or get Rubio.

most definetly.. this ****in sucks i wanted to see him play here now, not 2+ years from now

cwilson21
08-08-2009, 01:47 PM
This is getting up to Favre territory.

dre1990
08-08-2009, 02:10 PM
no suprise IMO

Hellcrooner
08-08-2009, 02:52 PM
Its an strategy to try to force his club to allow him to go to the nba.
Ok there is the story

1 Dkv Jouventut has a HUGHE tax debt with the Spanish government,

2 A Bank loaned them the money.

3 the bank took as a guarantee Rubios Buyout Clause.

4 Rubio didnt know about that.

5 Draft came, had he been drafted 1 , 2 or 3 the saalrie scale woudl allow him to pay his buyout out of his own pocket, hppy ending.

6 He fell to 5th place, the money of 5th pick is not enough.

7 Real Madrid offers 3,5 millions to Dkv jouventut in cash.

8 Since his value will fgo dwon if he stays Jouventut accepts Real offer.

9 Rubio DOES not want to go to REal, he wants to go to Nba or wait the two years at Jouventut and then not need to lose all his cash.

10 David Khan can only ofer 500k but reunites with rubios family and talks about him paying h 80% of is salary and that he will reunite some money from sponsors.

11 David Khan is able to add 1 million euros from sponsors.

500k nba alowed +1 million + 1 million from rubios contract after taxes

2, 45 millions of euros.

12 Khan travels to badalona and offers that in cash and offers to play two ame sagint jouventut so the can make cash at the gates, puls a % in future incomings from sponsors.

13 ****ing bastard Dkv gm does not believe in future % he wants cash NOW

14 Real keeps the 3,5 offer.

15 Rubio says he does not want to play for real he would prefer to go to nb nif not stay with his friends and enviroment in badalona

16 Barcelona (just 1 mile away from badalona) offers ricky a contract he likes.

17 barcelona knowing ricky wodl play for them lowballs an offer to Jouventut of 3 millions

18 Dkv says No, because 1 they ned the mney and they need it now and reals offer is nicer and 2 Barcelona and Badalona are foes like Chi an Det.

19 Rubio decides to play strong and says he has a contract and that he will report to the team to force the ball into their roof, they need the money so much so they will need to either accept Minnies or Barcelonas ofer.

20 Dkv says if he stays he will not play a minute to try to force him into real madrid.

So the situation now is a poker game between the needs of money for Jouvnetut and Rickys desier to play,

If he is wise enouhg he will keep his actual statement BECaUSE.

1 If he stays and they dont play them he will be able to put a lawsuit against them and the judges may force them to get him free.

2 if he stays and does not play inthe whole year he will be eligible for the draft again so minnie would have lost their pick wich means they may trade his rights to NY or LA or MIA and there they will probably be ble to reunite the whole buyout from sponsors.

If he is man enough to take the gambit and go on saying he wont go to real but stay....
In My opinion 50% chance he gets traded to barcelona

25% chance wolves trade him to another team just after the eurochampionship an he comes to the nba.

25% chance he sits out until decemebr or january and the team out of desperation for the money accepts wolves offr

Hellcrooner
08-08-2009, 02:53 PM
This is the man you should hate

http://www.penya.com/fotos/historia2...llacampa01.jpg

on his playing days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Villacampa

I guess he is jealous of ricky since he became in the Nbas radar in this game buti he end no one offered him a contract. :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e_7q7f7F9r.../bscap0004.jpg

Lakers won by one point.

tland22
08-08-2009, 05:21 PM
Good. Glad he is gone. Im sick of this kid.

B.JenningsMVP
08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
BOO! Come play with the best of the best!

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-08-2009, 05:43 PM
I could care less, ricky rubio is a stupid.

bogdanrom
08-08-2009, 05:44 PM
I could care less, ricky rubio is a stupid.

Really? Ricky Rubio is A stupid?

AI4MVP
08-08-2009, 06:33 PM
dont buy into it guys. read this:

After trying to verify reports that Ricky Rubio will be staying with DKV Joventut HOOPSWOLRD has learned that Rubio will not be playing with the team next year and that he's still working towards joining the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Rubio's desire to stay with Joventut is overstated as he is ready to make his NBA debut. However, he's currently staying open to the idea of returning in order to help decrease the buyout of his contract. Prior to June 30th Rubio's buyout was 4.75 million Euros ($6.6 million), but now it has jumped up to 5.75 million Euro ($8.08 million). The significant increase has made the buyout issue even more difficult, causing Rubio to say the following to a Spanish website.

"I have said they have rejected the offer of the buyout, so I spoke with my father to tell the team I am staying," said Rubio. "Basically there is nothing to say because I have more than two years on my contract"

Joventut has been in contact with some of the major clubs overseas regarding a possible sale of Rubio's contract. The team requested 3.5 million Euros from Real Madrid, while F.C. Barcelona came to the table with an offer of 2.3 million Euros that was viewed as an insult. Barcelona's offer eventually rose to 3 million but it was all for naught as Rubio is not interested in restructuring his contract in the case that his rights are sold.

Earlier in August Jordi Villicampa, the team president of Joventut, made it very clear that Rubio's time with the team is done.

"Both Ricky Rubio, their environment, and Joventut know that their stage of our club as a player is over. His remarks and attitude have hurt many sensitivities and our partners and supporters have betrayed their hopes of seeing it play again in Badalona wearing the green shirt."

Villicamp restated these sentiments even after Rubio's latest comments about wanting to stay with the team, saying that he feels it's a strategy to further lower his buyout.

Sources tell HOOPSWORLD that Rubio is looking to get the buyout down to $4 million, which he would sign off on today if it was on the table. For now though progress is being made as the buyout price is coming down, but both sides still remain a ways apart. While Rubio may be threatening to just show up to training camp for Joventut, he really wants to be in the NBA and if they can get the buyout amount close to the $4 million mark that's where he will be.

rubio told his dad to tell joventut hes staying so they would lower the buyout. joventut wants no part of rubio, and vise versa

everything hellcrooner said was 100% right on.

so the ricky rubio saga continues

Lo Porto
08-08-2009, 06:44 PM
Just trade Rubio and Cardinal to the Knicks for David Lee. Lee would be perfect next to Jefferson. Plus, Flynn might be better than Rubio when it's said and done anyway. If Minnesota really wants to become good quickly, they make this smart trade. They actually save money since Rubio and Cardinal would combine to make more than Lee's new contract.

If they are stuck with Rubio and Flynn trying to deal Flynn, every team will lowball Minnesota and they wouldn't get a player like Lee in return. Kahn seems lost.

Hawkeye15
08-08-2009, 06:53 PM
Just trade Rubio and Cardinal to the Knicks for David Lee. Lee would be perfect next to Jefferson. Plus, Flynn might be better than Rubio when it's said and done anyway. If Minnesota really wants to become good quickly, they make this smart trade. They actually save money since Rubio and Cardinal would combine to make more than Lee's new contract.

If they are stuck with Rubio and Flynn trying to deal Flynn, every team will lowball Minnesota and they wouldn't get a player like Lee in return. Kahn seems lost.

David Lee? We have Kevin Love, don't need Lee. At all
Kahn does not seem lost. The Knicks are not getting him. Period. They have nothing to offer.

azkarraga
08-08-2009, 07:19 PM
he's coming.

ZebraCity916
08-08-2009, 07:28 PM
The Kings made the right choice.

Beno7500
08-08-2009, 07:35 PM
I'm glad the Kings passed on him,... I was mad then but I'm happy now.

blacknell
08-08-2009, 07:49 PM
doesn't want to get exposed in the nba, CP3 will eat his lunch all day. d rose would make him his prag

KnicksPain
08-08-2009, 07:51 PM
Really? Ricky Rubio is A stupid?

:laugh:

Hustla23
08-08-2009, 08:39 PM
Wow thanks to Hellcrooner for the in-depth analysis lol.

I hope all this posturing really does bring him to the NBA.

KnicksR4Real
08-08-2009, 09:05 PM
that sucks for minny, i wanted him here