PDA

View Full Version : Hardest Player To Defend At Each Position???

mavs_raps90
08-08-2009, 03:38 AM
I'd like to hear everyone's opinion

PG- Chris Paul (Deron Williams is close and Derrick Rose will probably be here soon)

SG- Kobe (if d-wade gets a solid 3 then he'll be here and i think it will be brandon roy one day)

SF- Lebron (i think carmelo is just a bit behind but he doesn't get enough credit, i remember mark jackson said carmelo is a better finisher or scorer cant remember which and also Kevin Durant if he gets a little stronger)

PF- Amare/Dirk (im leaning towards Amare becuz of his amazing athleticism but dirk can literally drain a shot from almost anywhere on the court inside half-court)

C- Yao (When healthy hes a best)(Howard doesn't have a polished post game yet and needs to develop a short mid range jumper and also make 70% of his Ft's atleast)(Al Jefferson in a couple years if Howard doesn't develop but hes more of a PF jst has to play C in minny)

RocketsRule
08-08-2009, 03:42 AM
I like that list, but I'd put Duncan over both Dirk and Amare. His offensive arsenal is highly underrated. He can take you in the post or face you up and hit that mid range jumper off the glass. That's hard for anyone to defend.

mavs_raps90
08-08-2009, 03:49 AM
I was thinking duncan but he looked a little slow to me in the mavs series

I just feel he's lost a step and the other 2 are still in there primes

Also i'm kinda biased becuz being a mavs fan i hate tim duncan and the spurs but i think even though he played 75 games this year hes starting to get a little worn out

GoatMilk
08-08-2009, 03:54 AM
Deron Williams, ask CP

AccUrSeD
08-08-2009, 03:57 AM
shaq?

DQL
08-08-2009, 03:59 AM
Call me crazy but I think Shaq is still the hardest center to guard. His post game is unstoppable no matter how old he is. He's still a 7'1, 350lb monster who has superior offensive skills. His body is just too massive for anyone to handle. Even at this point of his career, no one can guard him one-on-one. Even Dwight Howard can easily be contained by other physical big men

Oh and this comes from a Heat fan who has lost all respect for him after he left Miami

Mavrix
08-08-2009, 04:41 AM
Everyone you listed is right but Dirk over Amare. Dirk is 7 feet and is almost unguardable on the offensive end with his fade away jumper.

Beno7500
08-08-2009, 04:44 AM
deron
kobe
lebron
duncan
shaq

Reddd
08-08-2009, 05:04 AM
CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Dirk
Shaq

ryanj12344
08-08-2009, 05:35 AM
Deron
Kobe
Lebron
Amare
Shaq (robin lopez is a close second)

DenButsu
08-08-2009, 05:38 AM
After watching the Nugs-Mavs series, I have to vote Dirk for PF. He's incredibly difficult to defend, he can score in so many different ways, that fall back kick out jumper combined with his height just gives him such an advantage over any defender. Actually, if not for LBJ I'd vote for Melo at SF on very similar grounds (not his specific moves, but just the general fact that his offensive arsenal is so varied and vast, like Nowitski's).

Run&Gun
08-08-2009, 05:57 AM
I like that list, but I'd put Duncan over both Dirk and Amare. His offensive arsenal is highly underrated. He can take you in the post or face you up and hit that mid range jumper off the glass. That's hard for anyone to defend.

Yeah I would agree with you, but he doesn't demand the ball that much like Dirk and Amare so he just doesn't seem that dominant when you watch him.

Bruno
08-08-2009, 06:02 AM
Paul
Bryant
James
Dirk (Because Duncan hasn't been truly healthy since the start of 07-08)
Al Jefferson, best post game in the NBA (Ditto)

asandhu23
08-08-2009, 06:29 AM
Monta Ellis anyone?

magichatnumber9
08-08-2009, 06:32 AM
Paul Pierce when he spins like a mad man driving to the basket

kurivaimu
08-08-2009, 06:44 AM
PG - CP3/Deron ... rondo if he gets a jumpshot
SG - Kobe
SF - Lebron
PF - Amare
C - Shaq - for me its between shaq and howard. and shaq takes it..becaue in the suns-magic game..shaq guarded howard 1on1 superbly..while orlando needed to double team on shaq and still he torched them.

DenButsu
08-08-2009, 08:32 AM
PFs

1. Dirk
2. Duncan (could be #1 if totally healthy, maybe, but Dirk was flat out dominant in the playoffs)
3. Gasol
4. Amare

I really don't understand why so many people are putting Amare at #1. Sure he's athletic and he's got some sweet moves, but he lives and dies by the P&R, pretty much. I think the 3 I listed above him have a lot more scoring versatility that makes them harder to defend one-on-one (even Duncan, although it's executed in more subtle ways).

mitch91
08-08-2009, 08:43 AM
i agree with most of the picks, maybe throw nash in their at the pg spot, i really think melo is just as good as lebron offensively sometimes when i see him play. i think his offense is abit more polished, thought lebron is obv the better all around player. i remember hearing a few times last year from commentators and journalists that they think that melo is one of the best scorers in the league its just he needs to work on other aspects of his game. i would go with amar'e at the pf spot but you cant really go wrong with dirk or even td either, though i think he has slowed somewhat. kobe obv for the sg spot, d-wade behind him....the centre spot is tough......

johnnychan
08-08-2009, 09:03 AM
Call me crazy but I think Shaq is still the hardest center to guard. His post game is unstoppable no matter how old he is. He's still a 7'1, 350lb monster who has superior offensive skills. His body is just too massive for anyone to handle. Even at this point of his career, no one can guard him one-on-one. Even Dwight Howard can easily be contained by other physical big men

Oh and this comes from a Heat fan who has lost all respect for him after he left Miami

I agree Shaq is still great, but why the hell did you lose all respect for him after he left the Heat. He did bring you a championship.

Grizz/Cowboys09
08-08-2009, 09:11 AM
CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Dirk (he can spread the floor because of his 3 pt. shooting.....alot harder to guard compared to Amare....if I were to guard Amare, I would always just give up the jumper)
Howard (no matter how good Shaq was or is....all you have to do to neutralize him is play hack-a-shaq)

TheKing23
08-08-2009, 09:12 AM
PG: Chris Paul - So quick, incredible handles, amazing ability to make impossible shots, best passer in the game
SG: Kobe Bryant - Most rounded game in the NBA, incredible scorer, can beat you in so many ways.
SF: LeBron James - Incredible conmbination of size, strength and speed, unstoppable when driving to the rim, best finisher at the rim in the NBA, developing a great jumpshot.
PF: Dirk Nowitzki - Best shooting 7-footer of all time, fantastic footwork, solid post game.
C: Shaquille O'Neal - Too big and powerful for anyone in the NBA, dominates any defense even at his age, can draw double/triple teams and still finish strong.

TheKing23
08-08-2009, 09:14 AM
CP3
Kobe
Lebron
Dirk (he can spread the floor because of his 3 pt. shooting.....alot harder to guard compared to Amare....if I were to guard Amare, I would always just give up the jumper)
Howard (no matter how good Shaq was or is....all you have to do to neutralize him is play hack-a-shaq)

To an extent you can say the same about Howard.
At least Shaq can make an 8-foot hook shot.

Mile High Champ
08-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Since center is causing the most debate.. It has to be Yao. No other center at this stage of their career is as big a handfull as Yao. Not just the fact that he is so damn tall but because his game around the net is very polished.. Yao gets my vote.

JordansBulls
08-08-2009, 09:24 AM
Did Artest earlier say Roy was the toughest player to defend once before?

He did in this thread.

Thread on Artest (http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=358000&highlight=Artest)

johnnychan
08-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Did Artest earlier say Roy was the toughest player to defend once before?

No he said he was the best player he ever played against. haha

AIsixersFK
08-08-2009, 09:49 AM
Tony Parker
Kobe/Wade
LeBron
Dirk
Yao

Rylz
08-08-2009, 10:18 AM
CP3 has been shut by bigger point guards, as long as they're able to keep up (see Deron Williams) though he's unstoppable if there's no major height advantage.

jimbobjarree
08-08-2009, 01:07 PM
Tony Parker at PG, pretty damn fast, and Deron bullies everyone he plays.

Kobe obviously at SG.

Lebron obviously at small forward

Dirk a lock at PF, when he gets that mid range jumper going, its over.

And Memo is pretty hard for fellow 7 footers to guard when he roams outside

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Paul
Kobe
LeBron
Nowitzki
Yao Ming

DetroitRipCity
08-08-2009, 01:17 PM
shaq?

shaq is easy to defend just foul him :p

J-Relo
08-08-2009, 02:16 PM
Paul (Williams/Nash/Parker)
Kobe (Wade/Roy)
LeBron (Carmelo)
Amare (Dirk/Duncan/Gasol)
Shaq (Yao/Howard)

Lakeshowallday
08-08-2009, 02:16 PM
CP3,Kobe,Artest,Odom,Gasol

JMKnick33
08-08-2009, 02:56 PM
I love CP3 to death. He's in my top 5 favorite players to watch. But, just because he's the best PG in the game doesn't mean he's the hardest to guard. The only thing he's got offensively are his vision, use of picks, and his speed/quickness. At 6'0, he's pretty short and can have trouble shooting over bigger defenders. He is pretty strong though, but so is Deron.

I'd have to put Deron Williams as the harder point guard to guard. This is based on a one on one basis. He's pretty tall for a point guard and is stronger than he's given credit for. I believe he has a more polished offensive game. He can finish with a strong dunk, or pull up for the jumper. His range is also better than CP3.

To finish the list off:

SG: Kobe hands down. Dwyane when Kobe loses a step, or retires lol.

SF: Lebron, his size, quickness, and strength make it a nightmare to defend him. Carmelo right behind him with his variety of ways to score on you, from outside, midrange, off the dribble, post up, pull up, you name it he's got it.

PF: Dirk, his size, craftiness, and smooth shooting ability make it impossible to guard him. Give him the smallest space, and he'll drain the J, play him tight, he can drive on you, get the contact and fadeaway for the And 1. Duncan right behind him, who is still being overlooked because he lacks the flashy stuff. But underestimate him, and he'll remind you how he got those four rings on his fingers.

C: Shaq, still the most dominant player in the game. His 60% FG% backs that up. Yao behind him.. if only he learned Shaq's post up moves and learns to dunk on defender's grills with domination, along with his smooth stroke/fadeaway, he'd be considered the hardest center to guard.

johnnychan
08-08-2009, 03:14 PM
PG-Devin Harris
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Lebron James
PF-Dirk Nowitzki
C-Yao Ming

loufor2
08-08-2009, 03:48 PM
I don't know why know body has said Tony Parker. There are nights when he just can't be stopped. If his jumpers on, hes the toughest player to guard in the league. One man fast break... 5 on 1 and he'll score. I'm not even a Spurs fan. When Duncan was out, he was putting up like 40 a night!

bigsams50
08-08-2009, 03:57 PM
pg. Deron
sg. Kobe
sf. Lebron
pf. Dirk
c. Howard

Toenail Clipper
08-08-2009, 04:02 PM
Paul Pierce when he spins like a mad man driving to the basket

Whatchutalkingabout?!
Fat blubber cannot do that!

Bg7getclutch
08-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Deron Williams, ask CP

Derrick rose, ask cp.

MPScribbles
08-08-2009, 04:08 PM
CP3,Kobe,Artest,Odom,Gasol

And people wonder why the Lakers get so much hate hurled at them.

bigsams50
08-08-2009, 04:12 PM

lol

krest213
08-08-2009, 04:14 PM
put tony parker and tim ducan up there please

jim51990
deron is harder to stop just ask chris paul

prs
D.Wade and Lebron, breath on them and you get a foul.

ramz.n
08-08-2009, 04:17 PM

PG- Chris Paul (Deron Williams is close and Derrick Rose will probably be here soon)

SG- Kobe (if d-wade gets a solid 3 then he'll be here and i think it will be brandon roy one day)

SF- Lebron (i think carmelo is just a bit behind but he doesn't get enough credit, i remember mark jackson said carmelo is a better finisher or scorer cant remember which and also Kevin Durant if he gets a little stronger)

PF- Amare/Dirk (im leaning towards Amare becuz of his amazing athleticism but dirk can literally drain a shot from almost anywhere on the court inside half-court)

C- Yao (When healthy hes a best)(Howard doesn't have a polished post game yet and needs to develop a short mid range jumper and also make 70% of his Ft's atleast)(Al Jefferson in a couple years if Howard doesn't develop but hes more of a PF jst has to play C in minny)

im gonna say Bargnani at C..you might say im a homer, it doesn't say best player it says " hardest to defend at each position"..bargnani is a center who has a mid range game..hes got the 3 pt shot..and hes beginning to develope an inside game...hes also a 7 footer who is very athletic.

THiiRTYONE
08-08-2009, 04:20 PM
sounds all good just replace PF with duncan

mrblisterdundee
08-08-2009, 04:33 PM
PG - Chris Paul
SG - Kobe Bryant
SF - LeBron James
PF - Amare Stoudemire
C - Shaquille O'Neal (he's the only center that's tougher to push than Yao)

MPScribbles
08-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Deron- Parker is close but Deron has better range and gets to the hole and finishes stronger plus has a pretty nasty pull up.

Wade- Barely beats out Kobe due to the fact that Wade scored more this year at a higher fg% despite being the only guy that drew any attention from defenses. If Kobe didn't have so much help and was still scoring 35/game he would probably get this spot from me. Although, considering that Kobe's best shooting year is only better than Wade's worst-his rookie year- by .004, I think it would still go to Wade.

LeBron- Second place in this one is so far back it's not even worth explaining.

Amare- Beats out Dirk, slightly, due to pure athleticism and the offense that is run for him. Dirk has to create for himself too much. One guy tried to discredit Amare because he plays P&R but since that is how you have to defend him, that is what matters. This isn't "Hardest Player to Defend in a Vacuum." That is like saying that Dirk would be easier to guard if he couldn't shoot threes, well he does so you have to factor that in.

Yao- Shaq or Howard might be harder to defend right under the bucket but Yao can stretch you out. Nobody in the league can defend a man that tall with that smooth a game and jump shot. Also, unlike the other two, you can't take the easy way out and foul him because he shoots free throws like a SG.

tland22
08-08-2009, 04:42 PM
Deron Williams, ask CP

INCOMPLETE. thats just based off a single individual matchup, and means nearly nothing. Think about, really use your head and think about why that means nearly nothing. Ask the other the other 60 PG's in the league.
One PG may have his "number" so-to-speak, but he still swallows other PG's and defenses whole...much more so than D Will. And Paul has nealry the same numbers as D Will in head to head...just the Jazz are a terrible match up for the Hornets, so the Hornets dont beat the Jazz. Though the Hornets finish ahead of the Jazz since the C Paul era...

Vinny642
08-08-2009, 09:12 PM
Deron? For real?
Cp defended him alright this year, while CP led the PGs in scoring.

Vinny642
08-08-2009, 09:13 PM
d.wade and lebron, breath on them and you get a foul.

lol

Reyes6
08-08-2009, 10:10 PM
PG- Tony Parker (Can choose to score or pass at will against some guards)
SG- Kobe Bryant (He's Kobe)
SF- LeBron James (He's LeBron)
PF- Dirk Nowitski (Can shoot over, penetrate, overall hard to defend)
C- Yao Ming (Can shoot practically anywhere inside the 3-point line... sometimes beyond it and shoots over nearly every defender)

Raps18-19 Champ
08-08-2009, 10:44 PM
C-Shaq(Only a few are strong enough to guard a guy who is 7'1 and over 320 pounds. He only has 14% body fat BTW)
PF-Tim Duncan(Any angle he has, he will get it in. Call him backboard abuser but he doesn't care)
SF-Lebron James(No questions asked)
SG-Kobe Bryant(No questions asked)
PG-Chris Paul(1 of the quickest PG's out there. You also don't know what he is going to do half the time)

cjetswin71
08-08-2009, 10:50 PM
Caron Butler can be a problem!!!!!! Ask Lebron about him and all you Kobi lovers.

stawka
08-08-2009, 10:55 PM
PG - Tony Parker (Led the league in points in the paint a couple of years back... Virtually impossible to do as a PG. We saw what he can do with Duncan out)

SG - Kobe (Can score from anywhere on the court. Pullup, fadeaway, drive, beyond the arc.

SF - LeBron (Too big, too strong, too fast, too smart)

PF - Duncan (The big fundamental. Says it all. If you can't stop someone that plays so fundamentally, that's telling you something)

C - Shaq (Even at his age, still the biggest and strongest Center there. Still commanding double-teams and can kick it out with his great passing).

DQL
08-08-2009, 11:12 PM
I agree Shaq is still great, but why the hell did you lose all respect for him after he left the Heat. He did bring you a championship.

Bc he quit on the team. He became a lazy fat *** and a chemistry killer. His chemistry with Wade no longer existed. After the trade, he sarcastically blamed the team for making him play with Ricky Davis and Chris Quinn. I know they sucked but when you're a pro, you play with whoever your teammates are. When motivated, he's still one of the most domiant players in the league but when not, he's a douch bag

skinsfan4life80
08-08-2009, 11:17 PM
Does Steve Nash have a offensive weakness i dont know about? He is a way better shooter then all the names being thrown out there..he is just as quick off the dripple can finish..doesnt miss at the line..and o yea he can pass too.

asandhu23
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
DJ Mbenga

viictoor
08-09-2009, 12:04 AM
dirk nowitzki is the hardest pf to defend no doubt, and by much

Drunk Kosar 19
08-09-2009, 12:09 AM
deron
kobe
lebron
derk
shaq

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 01:21 AM

I agree to this...but Howards Physicality makes him a hard person to Defend...You have to have at least three healthy big men to constantly foul him....and when another player drives to the hoop he does work on the offensive boards

HouRealCoach
08-09-2009, 01:30 AM
Deron and MElo should automatically be on there

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 01:31 AM
agree^

IAMLordRaider
08-09-2009, 01:44 AM
PG: Deron Williams & Chris Paul
SG: Kobe & Wade
SF: Labron & Pierce (Mellow is overrated to me)
PF: K. Garnett (When the Big Ticket has to turn it on, HE CAN)
C : Tim Duncan is still the best

goku
08-09-2009, 01:58 AM
mike james
tony allen
ryan bowen
mark blount
kwame brown

Young2Kinsler
08-09-2009, 02:03 AM
Tony Parker- no matter how hard you try, he is getting in the lane and to the basket.
Kobe Bryant- the ultimate scorer
Carmelo Anthony- he can beat you in more ways than Lebron, and a much better FT shooter
Dirk Nowitzki- Maybe the HARDEST matchup in the NBA, his size and ability are unmatched
Yao Ming- His jumpers on the baseline are just sick.

Young2Kinsler
08-09-2009, 02:12 AM
I mean listen, I give Duncan all the credit in the world. Amazing player who besides the FT can beat you anywhere. But people talking up Amare just baffles me, the guy is great, but I don't even think he creates as big of matchup problems as 5 or 6 PF's

Dirk
Duncan
Bosh
Gasol
Aldridge

Hell to a lesser extent guys like Bargani, Okur, and Murphy are just as tough.

Anyone with decent footwork who can bang can somewhat defend Amare.Amare just ins't the same threat to spread the floor like other PF.

Cash
08-09-2009, 02:13 AM
When your a 7 footer and you have better fade away from the high post than most guards? Dirk has to be on that list.

boston3
08-09-2009, 02:16 AM
what about kg at pf???

boston3
08-09-2009, 02:31 AM
pg paul
sg kobe
sf james
pf garnett
c shaq

Lakers3747
08-09-2009, 02:42 AM
cp3 he could get to the hole easly
kobe unstoppable
melo good in the post and could kill u if left open
pau he could do little of every thing
shaq just pushes everyone aside

jazzfan4life
08-09-2009, 02:48 AM
d-will
wade
lebron
dirk
yao

NJBASEBALL22
08-09-2009, 03:08 AM
My List:

PG- Parker followed by Williams and then CP3
SG- Kobe
SF- Melo is just as good of a score as Lebron maybe even better, Lebron has more of an offensive arsenal with his passing, vision, and the fact that he handles the ball so often. I take Melo because he is so tough on the inside and the refs don't blow the whistle ever time he gets nicked or he'd be taking 30 FTs a game.
PF- Dirk followed by Duncan and Gasol
C- Would have definately said Shaq in his prime but now its Yao. Yao can pull any big man out of the paint with his J, he hits his FTs, is suprisingly strong, and good if not great postmoves. Jefferson and Howard are second. Howard is just a freak of an athlete and is so strong- he just yams it on people from anywhere but that is the only thing he has going for him on offense.

ramansingh3
08-09-2009, 03:20 AM
PG- Chris Paul
SG- Kobe Bryant
SF- LeBron James
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Dwight Howard

Lakersfolife
08-09-2009, 01:24 PM
PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Lebron James
PF-Kevin Garnet
C-Yao Ming

ko8e24
08-09-2009, 01:36 PM

blah!

ko8e24
08-09-2009, 01:37 PM
PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Lebron James
PF-Kevin Garnet
C-Yao Ming

lol no, first off, he actually a SG, and second, we're not talking about circa 1999

magichatnumber9
08-09-2009, 01:42 PM
If this is so obvious, what is the point of this thread? Most of us on PSD are above average with our sports knowledge. This thread is similar to going to MIT and asking the dean to explain 1 plus 1. If your this bored go for a run

b_rad23
08-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Definitely don't agree with the general consensus in this thread that Kobe is harder to guard than Wade.

Just based on athleticism and quickness, it's a lot tougher to stay in front of Wade...

CP
Wade
Lebron
Amare
Dwight

magichatnumber9
08-09-2009, 01:47 PM
1-Paul 2-Kobe-3-Lebron-4-Al Jefferson 5- D Howard. This is the correct answer to the question. These players are the toughest players to guard defensively when healthy. This list however says nothing about there defensive capabilities. Amare is blind now take him off your lists please

magichatnumber9
08-09-2009, 01:49 PM
O.K power-forward we all can't agree on. oh well

ko8e24
08-09-2009, 01:59 PM
Definitely don't agree with the general consensus in this thread that Kobe is harder to guard than Wade.

Just based on athleticism and quickness, it's a lot tougher to stay in front of Wade...

CP
Wade
Lebron
Amare
Dwight

lol, just stop. therez a limit to one's ignorance

ko8e24
08-09-2009, 02:02 PM
d-will
wade
lebron
dirk
yao

dam it sux that mamba been killlin the jazz for the last decade

Hotone1401
08-09-2009, 06:40 PM
Are we talking one on one??

PG - CP3 but it will be D-Rose once he develops a consistent J
SG - Really depends...Kobe is the hardest to stop from scoring but D-Wade is impossible to stay in front of..so you really can't guard either of them if Wade is attacking the basket all the time.
SF - Lebron
PF - Dirk
C - Yao

b_rad23
08-09-2009, 06:44 PM
lol, just stop. therez a limit to one's ignorance

Is this from the same person that said Wade was the best individual player this year?

Wade is a freak athletically and no one guy can contain him (thus teams plan on crowding the paint or another team plan or they get lit up- see: Magic choosing not to double team or crowd the paint and getting destroyed by Wade for 50 several times).

ko8e24
08-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Is this from the same person that said Wade was the best individual player this year?

Wade is a freak athletically and no one guy can contain him (thus teams plan on crowding the paint or another team plan or they get lit up- see: Magic choosing not to double team or crowd the paint and getting destroyed by Wade for 50 several times).

Yes I did say that, but we talkin about the hardest to defend. Being the best and being the hardest to defend are two different things. Kobe is the greatest offensive player there is today, hands down! It is because of age and Wade's freakish athletic make-up that I said that he is the best (yes, even better than lebron cuz he can actually hit a J). Wade is more balanced offensively and defensively than Kobe (yet Kobe is still the better defender, when he wants to, as the argument has been used the last 5-6 yrs cuz he has had to take on the offensive load since Shaq left LA)

AK23
08-09-2009, 06:59 PM
cp3
Dwade
the king
dirk
yao/howard

MacFitz92
08-09-2009, 07:15 PM
CP3
D-Wade/Kobe - Depends on situation.
LJ23 - He is the king you know.
Dirk - When he's hot all you can do is hope he misses, cause his shot impossible to block.
Yao - C'mon the dude is 7'6" and can shoot like a 6'5"

Gobstopper15
08-09-2009, 07:21 PM
PG - CP3 (I'll go wth Derrick Rose most likely in the future)
SG - The Mamba
SF - Lebron
PF - Dirk
C - Yao

Bring The Heat
08-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Kobe is an incredible scorer and hard to defend especially when that j is on...but come on....Wade is impossible to stay in front of....he gets that full head of steam your done...and many players try to crowd him but he just splits the defense so quick and slashes his way in and out always finds his way to the hoop and makes tough shot in traffic if not gets to the line....and if his jumpshot gets going...nothing you can do

ivylleague1'
08-09-2009, 11:01 PM
PG-Allen Iverson
SG-Kobe Bryant
SF-Lebron James
PF-Kevin Garnet
C-Yao Ming

Very good. You know your stuff!!! No one can stop AI one on one, and no coach will try it.

1WorthyLakerFan
08-10-2009, 02:11 AM
Everyone you listed is right but Dirk over Amare. Dirk is 7 feet and is almost unguardable on the offensive end with his fade away jumper.

But I have seen Dirk shut down in many a playoff series. I love Dirk's game, but unstoppable just doesn't seem like the right fit to me. Maybe I don't watch enough of him during the regular season.

I think Tim Duncan is a tougher guard, and when he has it going on the block, you have to send 2 or 3 guys at him, and he still scores. Timmy D commands a double, and I just don't see Dirk as that type of guy.

1WorthyLakerFan
08-10-2009, 02:15 AM
Yes I did say that, but we talkin about the hardest to defend. Being the best and being the hardest to defend are two different things. Kobe is the greatest offensive player there is today, hands down! It is because of age and Wade's freakish athletic make-up that I said that he is the best (yes, even better than lebron cuz he can actually hit a J). Wade is more balanced offensively and defensively than Kobe (yet Kobe is still the better defender, when he wants to, as the argument has been used the last 5-6 yrs cuz he has had to take on the offensive load since Shaq left LA)

:confused: Arfe you serious, or just trying to make a point. There is NO WAY that Wade is more balanced offensively. He is a better slasher for sure, but Kobe has a much better mid range game, and is better from distance. Kobe has a better post up game too. The only thing offensively that DWade is better at is slashing and drawing fouls. Come on...you don't have to worry about being a homer if it is the truth.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-10-2009, 02:17 AM
Why aren't people saying Duncan more?

He can shoot from any angle and can pretty much use the backboard from anywhere to get it in. I be he can be behind the next and still find a way to shoot it off the backboard and get it in.

Young2Kinsler
08-10-2009, 11:50 AM
Dirk just always gets shut down in the playoffs... I mean his playoff averages are higher than in the regular season, but the guy just blows:rolleyes:

DenButsu
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM
Dirk just always gets shut down in the playoffs... I mean his playoff averages are higher than in the regular season, but the guy just blows:rolleyes:

He was by far the biggest single one-man challenge the Nuggets had to deal with in the playoffs. And that includes Kobe and Pau (who both had the benefit of working off each other). I've rarely had a single player change my perspective of him in so short a time than Dirk did in that series.

NYstateofMinD
08-10-2009, 01:46 PM
PG- Parker
SG- Kobe
SF- Melo
PF- Dirk
C- Shaq

rapswin98
08-10-2009, 02:06 PM
parker
kobe
melo
duncan
dwight

The Ooh Child
08-10-2009, 05:31 PM
Deron
Kobe
Bron
Dirk
Dwight

sportsfreak475
08-10-2009, 05:34 PM
I agree with the list, but i think Tony Parker is pretty hard to defend as well. Once he gets into the paint, he'll score for sure.

b_rad23
08-10-2009, 07:00 PM
:confused: Arfe you serious, or just trying to make a point. There is NO WAY that Wade is more balanced offensively. He is a better slasher for sure, but Kobe has a much better mid range game, and is better from distance. Kobe has a better post up game too. The only thing offensively that DWade is better at is slashing and drawing fouls. Come on...you don't have to worry about being a homer if it is the truth.

You know passing is part of offense? You know that their midrange games are very comparable (Wade may even have the advantage there).

Wade has better handles, passing, athleticism, slashing, and fg%.
Kobe has better 3point shooting, post-up and ft%.

Raph12
08-10-2009, 07:15 PM
PG - Allen Iverson - Before last season was dropping 26+ppg easy, with his agility and streaky shooting ability
SG - Kobe Bryant - Nothing needs to be said
SF - Lebron James - Too athletic for anyone to guard (besides maybe Bowen, Artest and Kobe)
PF - Chris Bosh - Agile with a nice jumpshot, would say Dirk but he can't drive, would say Amare but he needs to prove himself again
C - Dwight Howard - Yao's finished and despite Dwight's lack of post moves he still ousts any other center in the league with his athletics, especially now with Yao out

NFLNBA
08-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Deron - CP3 is great but Deron can beat guards off dribble and is STRONGER then most all other PG's

Kobe - Does anything really need to be said?

Lebron - Same as above

Dirk - Dont get wrond Duncun is great but he is 1 demensional has a great post game and can hit that little 15 foot bank shot but Dirk can beat you in so many other ways, post, off the dribble, and hits the 3 better then any other PF

Gasol - Ill prob get crap for this but this guy can do EVERYTHING! He has a great post game can hook with both hands can hit the 15 footer, great passer so i def think he is the hardest to guard because you dont know what he will do. Shaq you know is gonna post you and thats all, Jefferson is great but doesnt have that 15 footer, Yao would be my number 1 but come on! he is hurt ALL the time and his career might be over

Raph12
08-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Deron - CP3 is great but Deron can beat guards off dribble and is STRONGER then most all other PG's

Kobe - Does anything really need to be said?

Lebron - Same as above

Dirk - Dont get wrond Duncun is great but he is 1 demensional has a great post game and can hit that little 15 foot bank shot but Dirk can beat you in so many other ways, post, off the dribble, and hits the 3 better then any other PF

Gasol - Ill prob get crap for this but this guy can do EVERYTHING! He has a great post game can hook with both hands can hit the 15 footer, great passer so i def think he is the hardest to guard because you dont know what he will do. Shaq you know is gonna post you and thats all, Jefferson is great but doesnt have that 15 footer, Yao would be my number 1 but come on! he is hurt ALL the time and his career might be over

Dirk has little to no post game, the only thing he does off the dribble is pullup for a jumpshot and Shard shoots the 3 better than Dirk ever has or could.

Gasol, Shaq, Jefferson and Yao, I agree with Gasol being hardest to guard because of his jumpshot and passing, but I think Dwight deserves to be in the conversation, with his strength, quickness and leaping ability he is still lethal and commands a double, sometimes triple team. I mean you included Shaq in the convo, all he can do is post up and with the rules nowadays he's limited on that also.

I agree with Deron (if AI can't bounce back, btw would you say he's a 2-guard, point or combo?), Kobe and Lebron are the hardest to guard at the 1, 2 and 3.

j-bay
08-10-2009, 07:51 PM
how about sheed