PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be the Next Powerhouse?

Byronicle
08-07-2009, 10:10 PM
Who Will Be the Next Powerhouse in the next couple of years to come?

Things to consider...like how players decline as they become older or they leave their current teams in 2010 for example....

-Boston's big 3 becomes too old
-if Kobe leaves the Lakers and Bynum gets injured more often, Odom's starts declining because of age
-if Lebron leaves Cleveland and Shaq retires
-if Vince cartr busts his ankles for good or skills start declining due to age
-Tim Duncan, Finley, Mcdyess and Manu start to decline because of age
- Houston's players just keep getting injured (Yao and TMac)
- Mavericks, they lose dirk or dirk goes on the decline, kidd becomes really bad
- The Sun's if they lose Amare or becomes injured too often, Nash and Richardson and Hill start to decline because of age
- 76ers are stuck with Elton Brand's huge contract
- Clippers are just really really unlucky, i cant see them getting lucky ever
- Jazz has a bad contract in AK-47 and have some oldies

I could be wrong about these teams, i am not a fan of either of them, its just what i read up on your threads and what i hear on the media...

But TO ME the next powerhouse is going to be BLAZERS, why cause they are stacked with so much talent in both starting lineup and bench that it makes me wet my bed every night thinking about how scary deadly they are going to be when their players peak at their maximum potential

kobe24>lebron23
08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Lakers they are just to consistent getting players especially star players to come to play for the best team ever The Los Angeles Lakers

B.JenningsMVP
08-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Lakers

Byronicle
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
yea im just thinking about all the good players that comes to the lakers because they are the lakers, i can see how if portland cant sign all their young talent because they cannot afford them, that lakers would gladly scoop them up

mdabstar
08-07-2009, 10:46 PM
this is really hard to tell.

rainbowcow1
08-07-2009, 11:02 PM
i say thunder

samus
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
thunder! im predicting them to be awesome, but i guess lots of peple r too?

willthethrill22
08-07-2009, 11:06 PM
Portland if the land a star SF

zamudio_jorge
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
blazers and thunder

willthethrill22
08-07-2009, 11:07 PM
also thunder if they get a star center

Byronicle
08-07-2009, 11:08 PM
Portland if the land a star SF

Batum is not so bad, he is good defensively, he reminds me of a younger version of Trevor Ariza

Grizz/Cowboys09
08-07-2009, 11:14 PM
Well, my Grizzlies are really young and have two young studs in Rudy Gay and O.J. Mayo who will undoubtedly still be around in the near couple years (at least). Marc Gasol and Mike Conly, Jr. will develop into productive starters. Maybe even ZBO will surprise everyone and mature into a normal adult. We got a steal in the draft in Sam Young. Thabeet could be a huge bust or the defensive player of the year in 3,4 years. And the Grizzlies will have 3 first round picks in the draft next year.

The Grizzlies have all the pieces. They just need experience, experience, and more experience to develop team chemistry offensively and defensively...so while the Grizzlies will only get better, it will be difficult for all the current Western Conference powerhouses to remain contenders when all their current allstars start their decline

Remember the Grizzlies were 13-26 under Hollins at the end of last season and improved alot in the offseason with Randolph, Thabeet, Young, and Carroll (especially when compared to those they replaced including Quinton Ross, Quinn Buckner, Darko, Lowry)...Mike Conley looked almost like an all-star the last month or so last season...if he improves upon that, the entire starting line-up shoud have no glarring weak point...a first in Grizzlies history I tell ya

B.JenningsMVP
08-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Warriors

B.JenningsMVP
08-07-2009, 11:17 PM
Knicks

still1ballin
08-07-2009, 11:18 PM
Lakers.....we always go for the best

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 11:20 PM
Memphis

Mayo, Gasol, Gay and Thabeet.

xmoney328
08-07-2009, 11:24 PM
Blazer's if they can solve the curious case of Greg Oden...Or Hawks or Thunder if they can find show one who can score in the post.

D1JM
08-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Bulls

KG2TB
08-07-2009, 11:33 PM
Memphis?? C'mon now...

Blazers, Thunder, Lakers, Bulls

J_M_B
08-07-2009, 11:49 PM
In the West future powerhouses are probably going to be the Oklahoma City Thunders, Memphis Grizzlies, and Portland Trail Blazers due to their great young core of players that are going to become solid and some of them great basketball players. Also you can't ever count out the L.A Lakers.

In the East, the New Jersey Nets are young and going to have a lot of spending money in 2010. The Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat have a good young core of players that will develop and as well have a lot of money going into next summer. Donnie Walsh might get the New York Knicks back on track. Indiana Pacers might have a playoff team, but probably not a top team in the East. Charlotte Bobcats are eventually going to break out and be a good playoff teams.

My top choices for the West are Portland, L.A, and Oklahoma City. In the East New Jersey, Chicago, Miami, and New York.

Grizz/Cowboys09
08-07-2009, 11:51 PM
YES....the Grizzlies

sNaKeS
08-08-2009, 12:52 AM
Well, my Grizzlies are really young and have two young studs in Rudy Gay and O.J. Mayo who will undoubtedly still be around in the near couple years (at least). Marc Gasol and Mike Conly, Jr. will develop into productive starters. Maybe even ZBO will surprise everyone and mature into a normal adult. We got a steal in the draft in Sam Young. Thabeet could be a huge bust or the defensive player of the year in 3,4 years. And the Grizzlies will have 3 first round picks in the draft next year.

The Grizzlies have all the pieces. They just need experience, experience, and more experience to develop team chemistry offensively and defensively...so while the Grizzlies will only get better, it will be difficult for all the current Western Conference powerhouses to remain contenders when all their current allstars start their decline

Remember the Grizzlies were 13-26 under Hollins at the end of last season and improved alot in the offseason with Randolph, Thabeet, Young, and Carroll (especially when compared to those they replaced including Quinton Ross, Quinn Buckner, Darko, Lowry)...Mike Conley looked almost like an all-star the last month or so last season...if he improves upon that, the entire starting line-up shoud have no glarring weak point...a first in Grizzlies history I tell ya

I really like the grizzlies as well. They need a Center or Power Forward (Not sure what position Marc Gasol plays) to develop and they will be very good. I like the tandem of mayo and gay on offense and thabeet and gasol on defense. If they can get a point guard who can dish the rock and score then they will contend soon.

sNaKeS
08-08-2009, 12:57 AM
In the West future powerhouses are probably going to be the Oklahoma City Thunders, Memphis Grizzlies, and Portland Trail Blazers due to their great young core of players that are going to become solid and some of them great basketball players. Also you can't ever count out the L.A Lakers.

In the East, the New Jersey Nets are young and going to have a lot of spending money in 2010. The Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat have a good young core of players that will develop and as well have a lot of money going into next summer. Donnie Walsh might get the New York Knicks back on track. Indiana Pacers might have a playoff team, but probably not a top team in the East. Charlotte Bobcats are eventually going to break out and be a good playoff teams.

My top choices for the West are Portland, L.A, and Oklahoma City. In the East New Jersey, Chicago, Miami, and New York.

Could you ever picture yourself 2 or 3 years ago saying the blazers, grizzlies, and thunder would become an elite team? I'm not criticizing you at all, in fact I'm agreeing with you, I just think it sounds odd saying the thunder and grizzlies will become an elite team in a few years.

Iron24th
08-08-2009, 01:01 AM
Lakers...even after Kobe retires,we'll find a way to bring an emerging superstar like Mayo who wants to play for us since day one,like usually.

The_Mac22
08-08-2009, 01:04 AM
thunder...

MSG34
08-08-2009, 01:05 AM
The New York Knickerbockers

thapharcyd
08-08-2009, 01:08 AM
Blazers and Knicks... Knicks will pay the money to get quality next year... Blazers will be really good... I wish it would be the Suns, haha

blazerman
08-08-2009, 01:11 AM
The Blazers are the easy choice but were are all you Magic fans Howard, Nelson and Lewis are all still young. As much as it pains me to say it the Magic too.

The Lakers always seem to get a good player or coach to come over at just the right time but Im not sure Jeanie Buss has too many more miles in those hips to sweeten the deals, but hey shes had a good run too.

championships
08-08-2009, 01:31 AM
YES....the Grizzlies

Problem with the Grizz is once those studs come into their own and want more money, the grizz will just trade them or not re-sign them.

ItsTheLastAce
08-08-2009, 01:37 AM
im rooting for the thunder,

westbrook
harden
durant
green
and hopefully bj mullens develops nice

zambo4president
08-08-2009, 02:20 AM
Lakers for now. Bulls can be really special IF we make the right moves. Griz look pretty good, W`s lookin good, Portland has potential and the Thunder can bang too.

Lakers4ItAll
08-08-2009, 02:43 AM
Lakers/Blazers/Thunder

Beno7500
08-08-2009, 03:35 AM
The YairYuas

Jeff559
08-08-2009, 03:58 AM
which ever team lebron signs with next summer

Reddd
08-08-2009, 05:01 AM
Lakers for now. Bulls can be really special IF we make the right moves. Griz look pretty good, W`s lookin good, Portland has potential and the Thunder can bang too.

2x

Grizz/Cowboys09
08-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Problem with the Grizz is once those studs come into their own and want more money, the grizz will just trade them or not re-sign them.

I really hope not....I'll leave the city

todu82
08-08-2009, 09:38 AM
Portland and Oklahoma City

Corey
08-08-2009, 09:52 AM
The Thunder will be great once their big 4 gets to mesh. They need a center, but not a great one. Their downside will be defense. If they ever get their hands on a Tyson Chandler, or someone of his pedigree, they'll be good.

Durant needs to live up to his potential on the defensive end, as well. He focuses way too much on offense (which he is great at), but his defense is seriously lacking.

BkOriginalOne
08-08-2009, 10:12 AM
Portland, OKC

magichatnumber9
08-08-2009, 10:23 AM
I think Portland should become the next power house. But with the way there front office is mismanaging the teams finance, the chances get slimmer.

Baller1
08-08-2009, 03:16 PM
Portland and OKC.

johnnychan
08-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Who knows? We'll have to wait and see.

NYYCowboys
08-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Knicks

bigsams50
08-08-2009, 03:44 PM
Boston, when the big three retire they are gonna have alot of cap, and they will still have rondo and perk

Toenail Clipper
08-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Clippers. WOOO
if they do sign a big superstar like LeBron or Wade.
LMAOOOOO

tland22
08-08-2009, 04:50 PM
i say thunder

:confused::confused::confused:
Way to pick the WORST team in the NBA. Overrated. Its weird, the worst team in the NBA is being overrated..never thought Id say that.
And YES, for many many stretches of last season they looked like and they were THE WORST team in the NBA....got forget that.

Id say up and comming teams could be MIAMI HEAT and the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS... with Wade and Chris Paul...they r gunna be great. Both teams are missing one HUGE key peice though.

tland22
08-08-2009, 04:54 PM
^^^And yes Im criticizing EVRYONE who said the Thunder...i swear some people are just sheep who say and do whatever other are doing/saying.

Lakeshowallday
08-08-2009, 05:01 PM
No one for a few years until kobe retires. But in the future mayb Lakers again? Portal has a good young squad.

Toenail Clipper
08-08-2009, 05:07 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
Way to pick the WORST team in the NBA. Overrated. Its weird, the worst team in the NBA is being overrated..never thought Id say that.
And YES, for many many stretches of last season they looked like and they were THE WORST team in the NBA....got forget that.

Id say up and comming teams could be MIAMI HEAT and the NEW ORLEANS HORNETS... with Wade and Chris Paul...they r gunna be great. Both teams are missing one HUGE key peice though.

New Orleans Hornets are one of the most overrated team today.
If they don't got Chris Paul, they are NOTHING

corywoe
08-08-2009, 05:16 PM
i mean what about the pacers or no...

tland22
08-08-2009, 05:40 PM

Okay, look, you really need to read this:

I agree they are nothing without Chris Paul..he is the most valuable player in the NBA to his team. AND? whats your point....

Hornets "overrated" by who exactly? Let me know okay, because as far as I know, they are underrated. How can a team who gets no love or respect be overrated? Its not like they have annoying fans around the world always being homers or anything. They won 56 games two years ago with a team of nobodies and a SUPERSTAR. Last year plagued by injuries, they won 49 games. That is damn good. You havent really got a clue what you are talking about.

HuRRiCaNeS324
08-08-2009, 05:41 PM
Heat

tland22
08-09-2009, 07:49 PM
TOENAIL CLIPPER.... im waiting for your response. Come prove your ignorance.

dsickich123
08-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Okc thunder baby

1WorthyLakerFan
08-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I say Portland, Raptors (if Bosh Stays) and I think Miami (if DWade Stays) will be much improved. I see that Lakers owning it for the next 3, but after that the teams above will be tough to beat.

Vinny642
08-09-2009, 08:32 PM

STFU with the IFS!!!
Well we got CP so we got a team

jdricks
08-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Grizzlies because they drafted starters for almost every position.

Blazers have a cornerstone center and the third best SG in the NBA along with one of the best young PFs in the league. Only problem with them is that they dont have a young playmaking PG and a solid SF. t

Thunder are just nasty right now and are the best yOung team overall. With Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook they just cant go wrong. Jeff Green is going to be an all star but will not make it much in the conference. They need a center though that is an upgrade to Kristic though he is solid.

vash9
08-09-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm going with my home, New Jersey Nets, depending if we land a BIG FA, but other than that, i'd still say Lakers and then Thunders will be pretty monstrous.

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 10:11 PM
Orlando magic

TheMicrowave
08-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Batum is not so bad, he is good defensively, he reminds me of a younger version of Trevor Ariza

A younger version of Trevor Ariza?

Ariza is very young, 23 I believe?

TheMicrowave
08-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Miami Heat