PDA

View Full Version : if the best player?

spurs4#5
08-07-2009, 09:42 PM
for arguement sake...if the best player from each team was out for the season (which is possible for a player to have a season ending injury) who would be the favorite to win the title?

ManRam
08-07-2009, 09:44 PM
We had this thread yesterday. Most people concluded that Boston, Orlando, San Antonio and LA would all still be very good teams...and probably still the best.

VIP1349
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Cavs would completely fall off the face of the earth without Lebron and quite honestly so would the Lakers with out Kobe. If I had to go with anyone I think I'd take the Celtics if you say KG as they'd have a perfect filler with Sheed', but I guess it's really hard to take into account whose even the best for most teams. Lakers might still be the favorites as they still have a lot of talent, but I don't think they'd gel as well with out Kobe. One thing is for sure the Heat would be chilling with the Kings without Wade lol.

spurs4#5
08-07-2009, 09:53 PM
i think boston would probably be the team to beat only because of their performance last season without kg...if you take kobe away from the lakers i dont think they make the playoffs...same goes for the cavs and lebron james...i think the spurs would make the playoffs but wouldnt go depending on who you consider their star player now...orlando would be my second pick just because howard really isnt a offensive threat.

DaPrimeTime21
08-07-2009, 10:05 PM
Boston. And that's not being a homer. they took Orlando to 7 last season with out KG, almost making the ECF.

AK23
08-07-2009, 10:29 PM
houston beat the lakers without yao or mcgrady by 15 in the playoffs no lead changes no ties http://www.nba.com/games/20090514/LALHOU/boxscore.html :cool:

johnnychan
08-07-2009, 10:30 PM
houston beat the lakers without yao or mcgrady by 15 in the playoffs http://www.nba.com/games/20090514/LALHOU/boxscore.html:cool:

And your point is?

NYYankeesWin#27
08-07-2009, 10:33 PM
boston

DCB/LAL
08-07-2009, 10:34 PM
houston beat the lakers without yao or mcgrady by 15 in the playoffs no lead changes no ties http://www.nba.com/games/20090514/LALHOU/boxscore.html :cool:

Houston also got blown out by 40 and 19 in must win games for LA so whats your point??

DCB/LAL
08-07-2009, 10:34 PM
And your point is?

Beat me to it!:clap:

spurs4#5
08-07-2009, 10:35 PM
get back on point...who do yall think would be the favorite with the best stars out???

DCB/LAL
08-07-2009, 10:40 PM
This would be tough make line-ups showing which player you'd take from each team although some are obvious and add a Poll!!

I know it takes alot of work but the GREAT threads take work and Didication!!!:p(Sarcasm)

johnnychan
08-07-2009, 10:42 PM
The world will never know

JWO35
08-07-2009, 10:43 PM
Boston Celtics

jazzfan4life
08-07-2009, 11:19 PM
boston, im a jazz fan but they would fall apart without d-will

Raph12
08-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Cavs would completely fall off the face of the earth without Lebron and quite honestly so would the Lakers with out Kobe. If I had to go with anyone I think I'd take the Celtics if you say KG as they'd have a perfect filler with Sheed', but I guess it's really hard to take into account whose even the best for most teams. Lakers might still be the favorites as they still have a lot of talent, but I don't think they'd gel as well with out Kobe. One thing is for sure the Heat would be chilling with the Kings without Wade lol.

KG may be the Celts best player but Paul Pierce is their MVP, so Boston would still struggle and then lose without him, Lakers would be a regular contender without Kobe, Magic would have no defense/center/inside presence without Dwight so they'd be regulars in the East, Cavs would be fighting for a playoffs spot without Lebron, Spurs would have to fill the void Duncan would've on offense and defense so they Spurs would also struggle for a playoff spot. Let's put it this way, the elite teams are so stacked that they'd still be the favs to win, but the teams like New Orleans and Miami would become lottery teams and teams like the Kings and Bucks would continue to be lottery teams or possibly push for the number 8 spot