PDA

View Full Version : Just a curious question

SidTheKid87
08-07-2009, 09:40 PM
With the Pirates playing the way they are (just lost their 6th straight game) and nationals playing the way they are (I believe they have like a 5 game winning streak or have won 5 of 6 or something) is there a chance we could end up with the worst or 2nd worst record in the league? And if the nationals can't come to an agreement with stephen stratsburg and he re enters the draft...could the Pirates end up with one of two superstars in harper or stratsburg? Would one of these two make the Pirates one step closer to a competitive team? I believe so :clap:

burgh_fan66
08-08-2009, 12:34 AM
With the Pirates playing the way they are (just lost their 6th straight game) and nationals playing the way they are (I believe they have like a 5 game winning streak or have won 5 of 6 or something) is there a chance we could end up with the worst or 2nd worst record in the league? And if the nationals can't come to an agreement with stephen stratsburg and he re enters the draft...could the Pirates end up with one of two superstars in harper or stratsburg? Would one of these two make the Pirates one step closer to a competitive team? I believe so :clap:

if we finsih worst than all the major league teams we will definately get a shot at one of those two. But do not limit this only to the Nats, the Padres have been doing poorly lately as have the Reds. And if we do have the worst record we will have the 1st pick regardless of Strausburg (the replacement pick is the equivalent pick in next year's draft plus one so the Nats would get the #2 pick for compensation if they didn't sign him.

I still can not root for them to lose even if it does mean getting one of those players.

SidTheKid87
08-08-2009, 11:10 AM
Agreed...there are some pretty bad teams out there but none are honestly as bad as my Pirates. I mean who have no one on offense except mccutch, jones, and doumit in some games. those guys account for 2-3 runs and then they're done. I would just love to get one of those two that way we can literally see if this management will live up to their word and pay top dollar for prospects and not pass on them.

Pensx3
08-08-2009, 11:33 PM
SidTheKid87: I would love to get Strasburg, and yes it is embarassing to be the worst team, but what do we really have to lose? Its not like we have even the slightest chance of making the playoffs, and almost no chance of reaching 500.

I just worry about KC, SD, BAL, WASH, and CIN all 'competing' with the Buccos for worst team. I think the Nationals will ultimately finish last, it should be interesting to see how we end up with the rest of these lousy teams. I say play for the future and lose every away game and only try for the fans at home

SidTheKid87
08-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Honestly...I mean this team has no star power except a rookie lol. Like it's laughable. The guy who leads this team in homeruns has i believe 19 or 20 rbi's and he has 12 homers. Thats such a joke. At least san diego has adrian gonzalez and Washington has dunn and zimmerman. Kansas City or Pittsburgh. Please draft Bryce Harper. A lineup with Alvarez and Harper would get a lot of respect in the future. I just can't see us winning more than 15 more games the rest of the season.

Hossa Sucks
08-12-2009, 04:46 PM
They should tank it, no one will notice the difference. Promote Virgil Vasquez and Yoslan Herrera, make sure Matt Capps comes in in the 8th any time then have a small lead, and make sure Delwin Young plays every game at 2nd and Brandon Moss hits 5th. That should do the trick.