PDA

View Full Version : The Summer of 2010: Realistically how do you want/think your team will look?

Mavrix
08-07-2009, 03:33 PM
We all know that the free agent class of 2010 is perhaps one of the best to date. Powers will be shifted through out the league and the NBA will be completely different by the start of the 2010-2011 season. Teams that are bad now (ex: Knicks, Nets, Kings, etc.) could become contenders come next season.

Realistically, how do you think your team will look come the start of the 2010 season?

Remember, cap space is very important. Be realistic.

As far as Dallas goes, They have big expiring contracts in Dampier and Josh Howard and Nowitzki can opt out. Nowitzki has already come out and said he might sign for less to bring in another top notch player.

There's already rumors around that Dallas has it's eyes on Joe Johnson of the Hawks.

So this is how I see Dallas working it's roster:

Sign Joe Johnson. Sign Chris Kaman. Bring in some nice fillers. Howard and Damp out. Nowitzki re-signs. This is how I see our roster come 2010

PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Shawn Marion
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Chris Kaman

With Terry and some nice fillers off the bench.

Missing56&33
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^hopefully :pray:

arkanian215
08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
im hoping for some home grown talent in cdr, twill and brook lopez. if lebron comes that's great. not praying for him though.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 03:42 PM
You transform Josh Howard and Dampier into Johnson and Kaman?

That's so realistic.

clutchski
08-07-2009, 03:43 PM
Those are some high hopes for the mavs good for you. I expect Bosh to resign with the raps, Bargnani will have grown even more than he has..plus we get a solid sg player along with DeRozan.

JWO35
08-07-2009, 03:45 PM
Trade Richard Hamilton + Filler for Chris Bosh (before the trade deadline)
Resign him in the offseason....

Pistons lineup
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. Charlie Villanueva
C. Chris Bosh

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!1

rapswin98
08-07-2009, 03:46 PM

Pistons lineup
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. Charlie Villanueva
C. Chris Bosh

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!1 :drunk:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 03:48 PM
No one will ever win a title wth Bosh as the starting C.

Young and Stupid
08-07-2009, 04:00 PM
No one will ever win a title wth Bosh as the starting C.

:horse:

prs
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM
knicks
PG - Sessions
SG - Chandler
SF - Danilo
PF - Amare
C - Curry

Then hopefully trade jeffries+curry for some solid players at trade deadline or sign another allstar in 2011 FA.

For a realistic longshot I'd like
PG - Sessions
SG - JJ
SF - Chandler
PF - Danilo
C - Amare

Kjthunder
08-07-2009, 04:15 PM
I dont' see the Thunder making much noise at all in free agency, after re-signing westbrook, durant, and green. Although they don't have anymore need for young talent so i see them trading there 2 lottery picks next year for a legit all star from some team or atleast a young, good, center. Or signing someone like jermaine oneal for a smaller salary. So i could see the lineup being this, with only the center spot up for grabs:

PG - Westbrook/Livingston
SG - Thabo/ Harden
SF - Durant/ Weaver/Mason
PF - Green/Collison/White
C - Kaman or Chandler or J oneal or Bynum (2 lottery picks)/ then backed up by Mullens or Ibaka

Jack Daniels
08-07-2009, 04:20 PM
This Season

Fisher
Bryant
Artest
Gasol
Bynum

Odom and Brown on the bench

Shannon Brown
Kobe Bryant
Ron Artest
Pau Gasol
Andrew Bynum

Odom, Fisher, etc on bench

No need to fix what ain't broken

Hoopsadvocate
08-07-2009, 04:21 PM
We all know that the free agent class of 2010 is perhaps one of the best to date. Powers will be shifted through out the league and the NBA will be completely different by the start of the 2010-2011 season. Teams that are bad now (ex: Knicks, Nets, Kings, etc.) could become contenders come next season.

Realistically, how do you think your team will look come the start of the 2010 season?

Remember, cap space is very important. Be realistic.

As far as Dallas goes, They have big expiring contracts in Dampier and Josh Howard and Nowitzki can opt out. Nowitzki has already come out and said he might sign for less to bring in another top notch player.

There's already rumors around that Dallas has it's eyes on Joe Johnson of the Hawks.

So this is how I see Dallas working it's roster:

Sign Joe Johnson. Sign Chris Kaman. Bring in some nice fillers. Howard and Damp out. Nowitzki re-signs. This is how I see our roster come 2010

PG- Jason Kidd
SG- Joe Johnson
SF- Shawn Marion
PF- Dirk Nowitzki
C- Chris Kaman

With Terry and some nice fillers off the bench.

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=394784

I was with you until you thought "realistically" the Mavs could get Joe Johnson and Kaman. The link i posted shows the teams with some cap space as well as the ones with potential for cap space. With Miami/NJ/NY with enough to sign 2 max players or close to it. The Mavs are nowhere on that list. Even if they were they would have to be around the 20 mill cap space room to sign both those guys WHICH THEY DONT!! Only miami/NJ/NY have that type of space GET IT IN YOUR HEADS PEOPLE! Then there are only a few others with around 10-15 mill in space which still isnt enough for a Amare/wade/bosh/lebron maybe not even JJ. JJ will most likely get around 14-18 mill a year deal.

arkanian215
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
if it aint broke, dont break it.

Marques24kobe
08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Lakers 2010 roster will be the exact same as it is this year. Unless they trade Morrsion's expiring for someone else. (Dont know who?)

Bynum
Gasol
Artest
Bryant
Fisher

And in 2010 the Lakers will be going for their 3rd title in a row!

GoatMilk
08-07-2009, 04:47 PM
lol Mavs sign Joe Johnson and Chris Kaman and Dirk?
no way

Joe Johnson is gonna sign an extension pretty soon

blazerman
08-07-2009, 04:58 PM
It doesnt hurt to dream big. Not likely but let him have his dream.^^^

RaiderLakersA's
08-07-2009, 05:05 PM
It all depends on whether or not we repeat as champions and whether or not Phil Jackson retires. Both could lead to changes for our roster.

McPeak92
08-07-2009, 05:06 PM
Your philadelphia 76ers in the 2010-2011 season

Jason Smith
Elton Brand
Thaddeus Young
Andre Iguodala
Jrue Holliday
bench:Lou Will, Sam Dalembert, Jason Kapono, Willie Green, 2010 first

and then ~23 mil coming off bench between Sammy, Kapono and Green for 2011 free agency

next 2 years aren't bright but hopefully we can turn it around in 2011.

goose15
08-07-2009, 05:19 PM
Knicks -

C - Amare - Darko
PF - Lee - Hill
SF - Chandler - Gallinari
SG - Wade - Almond
PG - Sessions - Douglas

Ethix11
08-07-2009, 05:34 PM
Heat -

C - Oneal - Camby
PF - Beasley - Haslem
SF - Wright - Jones
SG - Wade - Cook
PG - Chalmers - AI
In free agency its a toss up between Bosh or Stoudamire bringing Beasley to SF. Or Joe Johnson or LBJ keeping Beasley at PF. With still enough extra cash to sign a C.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 05:44 PM
Heat -

C - Oneal - Camby
PF - Beasley - Haslem
SF - Wright - Jones
SG - Wade - Cook
PG - Chalmers - AI
In free agency its a toss up between Bosh or Stoudamire bringing Beasley to SF. Or Joe Johnson or LBJ keeping Beasley at PF. With still enough extra cash to sign a C.

Johnson and Lebron want to stay.

Your best bet is Bosh or Stoudamire. And Bosh and Stoudamire sayed they would stay if their teams were both successful. And O'neal expires.

b_rad23
08-07-2009, 05:49 PM
Johnson and Lebron want to stay.

Your best bet is Bosh or Stoudamire. And Bosh and Stoudamire sayed they would stay if their teams were both successful. And O'neal expires.

You never know....There's still a year to go. And we don't know if Lebron truly wants to stay.

b_rad23
08-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Knicks -

C - Amare - Darko
PF - Lee - Hill
SF - Chandler - Gallinari
SG - Wade - Almond
PG - Sessions - Douglas

That's not realistic. Sessions will take millions off the cap as will Lee. You can still get 1 max guy, but not two. You're looking at:

Amare
Lee
Chandler
Galinari
Sessions

which is not half bad

SeoulBeatz
08-07-2009, 06:01 PM

Pistons lineup
PG. Rodney Stuckey
SG. Ben Gordon
SF. Tayshaun Prince
PF. Charlie Villanueva
C. Chris Bosh

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!1

lol rip hamilton and crap for chris bosh? would u honestly do that if u were toronto?

SeoulBeatz
That's not realistic. Sessions will take millions off the cap as will Lee. You can still get 1 max guy, but not two. You're looking at:

Amare
Lee
Chandler
Galinari
Sessions

which is not half bad

i like that team. solid potential and athleticism.

thephoenixson28
Pg.Nash
Sg.
Sf.Hill
Pf.Amare
C.Frye

Maybe trade j-rich for cap relief and pick someone up like wade if they have a losing season, or someone like mcgrady. For knicks fans I don't think amare goes to new york maybe miami if anything but I think he stays with phoenix.

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 06:03 PM

I was with you until you thought "realistically" the Mavs could get Joe Johnson and Kaman. The link i posted shows the teams with some cap space as well as the ones with potential for cap space. With Miami/NJ/NY with enough to sign 2 max players or close to it. The Mavs are nowhere on that list. Even if they were they would have to be around the 20 mill cap space room to sign both those guys WHICH THEY DONT!! Only miami/NJ/NY have that type of space GET IT IN YOUR HEADS PEOPLE! Then there are only a few others with around 10-15 mill in space which still isnt enough for a Amare/wade/bosh/lebron maybe not even JJ. JJ will most likely get around 14-18 mill a year deal.
Dampier has a huge contract, along with josh howard

thephoenixson28
08-07-2009, 06:20 PM
I thought dampiers contract expires 2011

Mavrix
08-07-2009, 11:12 PM
You transform Josh Howard and Dampier into Johnson and Kaman?

That's so realistic.

Uh it is very realistic. Dampier's expiring 16 million contract is enough to sign Johnson to a max deal and Howard makes an expiring 10 mil which would bring in Kaman.

Mavrix
08-07-2009, 11:15 PM

1. Nowitzki/Dampier/Howard combine for almost 50 million dollars in expired contracts.
2. Mark Cuban owns the Mavericks and will be more than willing to pay the luxary tax.

nbaguy123
08-07-2009, 11:44 PM
i can see amare going to the knicks. thats pretty realistic

Mavrix
08-07-2009, 11:46 PM
i can see amare going to the knicks. thats pretty realistic

You could even afford to sign another max player too!

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 11:47 PM
1. Nowitzki/Dampier/Howard combine for almost 50 million dollars in expired contracts.
2. Mark Cuban owns the Mavericks and will be more than willing to pay the luxary tax.

That doesn't mean they would go there.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 11:49 PM
Uh it is very realistic. Dampier's expiring 16 million contract is enough to sign Johnson to a max deal and Howard makes an expiring 10 mil which would bring in Kaman.

So what if it expires?

It doesn't mean they would go there.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 11:50 PM
You never know....There's still a year to go. And we don't know if Lebron truly wants to stay.

True. But weighing you chances right now, those are your 2 options.

Mavrix
08-07-2009, 11:51 PM
That doesn't mean they would go there.

lol Dirk is retiring in Dallas and he's already come out and said he'll most likely opt out in 2010 and take a cheaper contract to bring in a star player. Dampier and Howard have huge expiring contracts.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 11:56 PM
lol Dirk is retiring in Dallas and he's already come out and said he'll most likely opt out in 2010 and take a cheaper contract to bring in a star player. Dampier and Howard have huge expiring contracts.

Johnson has said he doesn't want to take a back seat and wants to lead a team so that takes him out.

And Erick Dampier doesn't expire next year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

J_M_B
08-08-2009, 12:22 AM
I can see a guy like Bosh or Amare coming to Miami, but Toronto is improving and starting to look like a middle of the pack playoff team. Which mean Chris Bosh might stick around.
Stoudemire has already said that he wants to be the number one option on a team and that's not going to happen as long as Wade is there.

So who knows? :shrug: Maybe 2010 will be a bust and many teams will be left disappointed.

If you really think about it Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are only using 2010 as leverage to get their teams to improve now. Guys like Dirk Nowitzki, Manu Ginobili, Joe Johnson, and Yao Ming are extremely loyal to their current clubs and I doubt they leave. Some older players like Ray Allen, Tracy McGrady, Shaquille O'Neal, and Micheal Redd are no longer in their prime, on their decline and would be looking for huge pay cuts. So that really leaves Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer as the top free agents in the class. With some role players in Tyson Chandler and Josh Howard.

JWO35
08-08-2009, 12:27 AM
Okay, I have another Idea

1. Trade Jason Maxiell for Kevin Durant
2. Trade Richard Hamilton for Al Jefferson
3. Trade Tayshaun Prince for Blake Griffin and Marcus Camby
4. Trade Rodney Stuckey for Rajon Rondo
5. Trade Kwame Brown + Cash for Dwyane Wade

New Lineup
PG. Rajon Rondo
SG. Dwyane Wade
SF. Kevin Durant
PF. Blake Griffin
C. Al Jefferson

So Realistic!!!!!!1

zambo4president
08-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Rose
Johnson
Deng
Bosh/Amare/Boozer
Noah

Raps18-19 Champ
08-08-2009, 12:37 AM
What I really want is for every main player to stay with their team to make a lot of teams dis appointed. I am really tired of teams like NY, Chicago and NJ saying they will get Lebron, Bosh or Wade.

THiiRTYONE
08-08-2009, 12:51 AM
that's pretty live!

THiiRTYONE
08-08-2009, 12:52 AM
What I really want is for every main player to stay with their team to make a lot of teams dis appointed. I am really tired of teams like NY, Chicago and NJ saying they will get Lebron, Bosh or Wade.

Aha you have a point, but imagine they do get shifted o.O!

Draco
08-08-2009, 12:53 AM

And thats fine.. there's Melo in '11 and Durant in '12. :D

YANKSJETSKNICKS
08-08-2009, 01:14 AM
as a knick fan not 100% on the cap after all that im going to do but i would like
sessions/douglas
chandler
gallinari/harrington
lee/hill
amare/darko?...and then obviusly fillers but i would like to either get rid of jeffries or curry and sign either lebron this year which im not liking the chances of but im still praying and if no lebron try and melo which is also still a longshot

Illuminati999
08-08-2009, 01:25 AM

Do you know what the Dust chip is/can do? No? Then go read up on it before you start making posts like this.

Illuminati999
08-08-2009, 01:29 AM
I thought dampiers contract expires 2011

ROFL, it does technically. Go google "Dust Chip." He has a TEAM option for his final year. Able to clear a LOT of salary cap for another team while piling up on the Mavs.

A generic-nutshell definition of what the Dust Chip can potentially do is S&T any player at the highest level. If LeBron wants to go to another city, he won't be able to make as much money with a max contract from that city if the team just paid for him up front with no trade. If he resigns with the Cavs he can make MORE money than to another team even with their max contract offer (limited). But if Lebron James says, "Oh, I want to go to Dallas, trade me to Dallas and you can at least get SOMETHING for your troubles." Cavs say, "Damn, he's leaving, well, lets get a good piece in exchange for LeBron seeing as he's leaving us anyways, and we'll do a S&T with the mavs for him." This gives Dallas the edge to offer LeBron (or any other FA) top dollar. Other teams looking to sign him up front can't give him the contract Dallas and the Cavs have. Dampier sucks, but his contract may be worth it.

the 1 and only!
08-08-2009, 01:40 AM
I think a majority of NBA fans, in general, think Lebron leaves after next season if the Cavs don't win a title or at least get to the Finals. But no matter what angle you try to use, the Cleveland Cavs fans on these boards absolutely refuse to even entertain the idea of Lebron leaving. Their fanbase is like the crazy girlfriend of the sportsworld. They know they're about to be dumped, but to even acknowledge the possibility hurts their minds or something.

I can't guarantee Lebron leaves, but it certainly looks that way. Yet most Cavs fans act as if the possibility of him leaving Cleveland is the most absurd notion they've ever heard of! LMAO!

Now please bombard my post with "we can offer him more money than anyone", "he can get just as many endorsement deals here", "no other team he can go to is a contender", one-liners that you fans have made cliche.

D-Will4Prez
08-08-2009, 01:51 AM
^ It all depends on how Shaq/Bron duo works out.

Mavrix
08-08-2009, 04:49 AM
Johnson has said he doesn't want to take a back seat and wants to lead a team so that takes him out.

And Erick Dampier doesn't expire next year.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/dallas.htm

Wrong. Dampier's contract expires next year. 2010-2011 is only guaranteed if he plays over 28 minutes a game next season which isn't going to happen.

And Johnson may say that now, but I'm pretty damn sure he won't be saying that next summer.

http://www.dallasbasketball.com/fullArchiveColumn.php?id=1896&yr=2009

Please do research before you post from now on. You don't give any thought in over half your posts.

Mavrix
08-08-2009, 04:52 AM
And for the love of god, what were you thinking when you made your username?