PDA

View Full Version : Is Lamar Odom just a lessor version of Chris Bosh?

JordansBulls
08-07-2009, 02:30 PM
Is Lamar Odom just a lessor version of Chris Bosh?

Odom came into the league a 17 and 8 player.

He was a 17 and 10 player on the Heat one year.

He is 6-10, 220 IBS and wirely with long arms and is left handed.

Bosh came into the league and his 2nd year was a 17 and 9 player. He has been a stable 22 and 9 player his last 4 years.

He like Odom is 6-10 and weights a little more at 228 IBS and he is wirely with long arms and is left handed.

b_rad23
08-07-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah, kind of. with more of a perimeter game.

P.I.
08-07-2009, 03:01 PM
Bosh - consistent dominate most of the times unless againts bigger PF.

Odom - not consistent, but if so he's unstopable, and plays 3 positions.

The have perfect roles for their team.

ManRam
08-07-2009, 03:16 PM
Not at all.

Lamar is more of a SF/PF and Bosh is more of a PF/C. Lamar can handle the ball, and be a point-forward...Bosh can't. Lamar can hit the three...Bosh lives in the paint. Bosh is incredibly consistent, Odom isn't. Bosh looks like a giraffe...Odom doesn't.

Run&Gun
08-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Yes and no, they both are around the same size and rebounding ability, but Odom is stronger now. He is also a much better ball handler and can guard the perimeter and the post very well, I think he is a better shot blocker and ball hawker than Bosh. Lamar Odom also has a much better passing game, a lot of people like to call him as point guard stuck in a 6'10 body frame because of his skills. Lamar Odom can also shoot threes, although Chris Bosh does he only does every game or two. Bosh on the other hand is much more assertive than Odom on the offensive end, he'll take the ball and score at will. He has a better post game and mid range jump shot than Odom. Bosh is better than Odom, it's just that Odom has a more versatile skill set.

posner08
08-07-2009, 03:21 PM
Not at all.

Lamar is more of a SF/PF and Bosh is more of a PF/C. Lamar can handle the ball, and be a point-forward...Bosh can't. Lamar can hit the three...Bosh lives in the paint. Bosh is incredibly consistent, Odom isn't. Bosh looks like a giraffe...Odom doesn't.

As a Raps fan, I want to know what you're smoking. Did you watch Bosh last year? One of the most agile big men in the NBA with the ability to cause mismatches, and yet he settles for jumpshots from 18 feet out. He lived in the paint his first two years, but since then, he's settling far too much on becoming a shooter.

Catfish1314
08-07-2009, 03:23 PM
Just because they're both long and athletic doesn't mean they're similar players.

Odom is an excellent rebounder and an offensive facilitator. Derek Fisher brings the ball up, but Kobe and Odom do most of the playmaking in LA. He was a great defender in the playoffs and he's a great weapon in transition. While coming off the bench helped solve some of his consistency issues, he's still not as steady a contributor as Bosh.

Bosh is one of the quickest power forwards in the league with a pretty refined face-up post game. He's not as good a rebounder or defender as Odom and while he can pass and handle well for a player of his size, neither of those are on Odom's level either.

JIDsanity
08-07-2009, 03:25 PM
Somewhat

rapswin98
08-07-2009, 03:29 PM
Lamar-better ball handler, inconsistent, better rebounder and defender, versitle

Bosh-consistent, better scorer, quick, great mid-range shooter

B.JenningsMVP
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
suree

rapswin98
08-07-2009, 03:30 PM
Not at all.

Lamar is more of a SF/PF and Bosh is more of a PF/C. Lamar can handle the ball, and be a point-forward...Bosh can't. Lamar can hit the three...Bosh lives in the paint. Bosh is incredibly consistent, Odom isn't. Bosh looks like a giraffe...Odom doesn't.he looks more like a raptor

ManRam
08-07-2009, 03:31 PM
As a Raps fan, I want to know what you're smoking. Did you watch Bosh last year? One of the most agile big men in the NBA with the ability to cause mismatches, and yet he settles for jumpshots from 18 feet out. He lived in the paint his first two years, but since then, he's settling far too much on becoming a shooter.

Okay. You're right. Compared to Odom who rarely is in the paint...Bosh lives in the paint. I know his mid range game is great...but Odom is a lot more of a perimeter player. That's all I was getting at.

fast_break
08-07-2009, 03:32 PM
Bosh has more hair
Odom eats more candy

Byronicle
08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
No, they are completely different in my opinion. Bosh is a ectomorph skinny "big" man who takes mid-jump shots and get rebounds, and afraid to get to the rim...

Odom is a mesomorph, fast, can play SF because he has good quickness, shoots the 3, blocks and can rebound, a lot tougher and buffer. His points may not be high now which is obviously because Lakers are stacked with Kobe and Gasol but earlier in his career i mean a 3point difference is not really that significant...

I also think Odom is more creative and a great passer

P.s. I am a raptors fan

masalex1205
08-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Bosh is also a huge *****

Raps08-09 Champ
08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
A way lesser Chris Bosh though.

shas
08-07-2009, 03:45 PM
no bosh is a dino.

clutchski
08-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I think they are very different players..I think Odom drives to the net much more fluently and Bosh is a much better shooter.

Lakers4ItAll
08-07-2009, 04:44 PM
Not at all.

Lamar is more of a SF/PF and Bosh is more of a PF/C. Lamar can handle the ball, and be a point-forward...Bosh can't. Lamar can hit the three...Bosh lives in the paint. Bosh is incredibly consistent, Odom isn't.

Agreed!

Jays Claw
08-07-2009, 04:44 PM
This thread should be in the NBA comparisons forum.

TheMicrowave
08-07-2009, 05:09 PM
I don't think so.

Odom is a SF. He dribbles the ball well and is a great passer and rebounder. His shot is okay. His driving abilities are great for his size. His post game is average.

Chris Bosh is an all-star and the leader of his team. He has a great mid-range shot and a PF. He is not a great dribbler or passer.

Both guys are different, they are just the same size. I don't see many similarities between them that you can't make with other guys their size like Dirk, Rashard Lewis, Gasol, KG, David West.

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 06:09 PM
the thing is that odom is inconsistent while bosh is consistent

ctitus45
08-07-2009, 06:19 PM
he looks more like a raptor

THANK YOU!!!

Has any other player in NBA history accurately represented his teams name through his physical appearance as much as Bosh does?

clehmun
08-07-2009, 06:23 PM
horrible comparison.

ggg
08-07-2009, 06:24 PM
horrible comparison.

+1

sp1derm00
08-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Odom is more like a better version of Diaw.

Byronicle
08-07-2009, 06:25 PM
Well Chris Bosh's is a mixture of a Velociraptor from Jurassic park and Snoop Dogg

ctitus45
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Odom is a worse version of LeBron.

lakersdynasty21
08-07-2009, 06:31 PM
Not at all.

i agree with pretty much everything you said except for him looking like a giraffe, to me he actually looks more like a actual raptor haha

L@ker4Life
08-07-2009, 06:43 PM
Just because they're both long and athletic doesn't mean they're similar players.

Odom is an excellent rebounder and an offensive facilitator. Derek Fisher brings the ball up, but Kobe and Odom do most of the playmaking in LA. He was a great defender in the playoffs and he's a great weapon in transition. While coming off the bench helped solve some of his consistency issues, he's still not as steady a contributor as Bosh.

Bosh is one of the quickest power forwards in the league with a pretty refined face-up post game. He's not as good a rebounder or defender as Odom and while he can pass and handle well for a player of his size, neither of those are on Odom's level either.

Ding ding ding we have a winner....thats pretty much on point...good post.

Toenail Clipper
08-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Lamar can play C, PF, SF, and PG.
Chris Bosh cannot do that.
And it's LESSER, not LESSOR

ChiSox219
08-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Much lesser, yes