PDA

View Full Version : lebron speaks about jordan crawford dunk

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Saw this on Yahoo. thoughts?
source: http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-breaks-silence-on-Dunkgate-hands?urn=nba,181361

lakers4sho
08-07-2009, 01:56 PM
:bla:

zambo4president
08-07-2009, 01:58 PM
:bs:

ManRam
08-07-2009, 02:02 PM
He had a flawless first 6 years in the NBA. Was the perfect person, never made any mistakes, was a great role model, fan favorite, the face of the NBA...and then boom...over the span of about a month he becomes one of the most vilified persons in the NBA for two stupid reasons.

It was clear Nike had a no video tape policy, and to Nike's credit, this whole situation got them a ton of hype. I believe LeBron didn't ask for the tape to be confiscated. Why would he care? He's never been that type of person. Nike had every right to take the tape...and I don't blame them for doing so. It's policy. Can't let it slide or then you have to let everything slide.

And I'm glad he apologized over non-shake-gate. I think that also was blown way out of proportion. Basketball teams never, ever shake hands after games. It is kind of expected in the playoffs...but even still...a ton of players don't shake hands after elimination games. Shaking hands ISN'T a big deal in basketball. It isn't hockey, where teams line up and shake hands. The majority of times players just walk off the court when the game is over.

Both issues were blown incredibly out of proportion. You'd think he ate someone's baby. Glad he's speaking about it...and glad he said he regrets not shaking hands.

D-Will4Prez
08-07-2009, 02:11 PM
He had a flawless first 6 years in the NBA. Was the perfect person, never made any mistakes, was a great role model, fan favorite, the face of the NBA...and then boom...over the span of about a month he becomes one of the most vilified persons in the NBA for two stupid reasons.

It was clear Nike had a no video tape policy, and to Nike's credit, this whole situation got them a ton of hype. I believe LeBron didn't ask for the tape to be confiscated. Why would he care? He's never been that type of person. Nike had every right to take the tape...and I don't blame them for doing so. It's policy. Can't let it slide or then you have to let everything slide.

And I'm glad he apologized over non-shake-gate. I think that also was blown way out of proportion. Basketball teams never, ever shake hands after games. It is kind of expected in the playoffs...but even still...a ton of players don't shake hands after elimination games. Shaking hands ISN'T a big deal in basketball. It isn't hockey, where teams line up and shake hands. The majority of times players just walk off the court when the game is over.

Both issues were blown incredibly out of proportion. You'd think he ate someone's baby. Glad he's speaking about it...and glad he said he regrets not shaking hands.
I agree 100%

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 02:12 PM
^ yea i agree

Zefflin
08-07-2009, 02:13 PM
Yea I agree too, but it took Lebron too long to get his thoughts and answers together for me to care about what he said now.

Unruly Fan
08-07-2009, 02:15 PM

Both issues were blown incredibly out of proportion. You'd think he ate someone's baby. Glad he's speaking about it...and glad he said he regrets not shaking hands.I agree with everything you said here.

DCB/LAL
08-07-2009, 02:16 PM
He had a flawless first 6 years in the NBA. Was the perfect person, never made any mistakes, was a great role model, fan favorite, the face of the NBA...and then boom...over the span of about a month he becomes one of the most vilified persons in the NBA for two stupid reasons.It was clear Nike had a no video tape policy, and to Nike's credit, this whole situation got them a ton of hype. I believe LeBron didn't ask for the tape to be confiscated. Why would he care? He's never been that type of person. Nike had every right to take the tape...and I don't blame them for doing so. It's policy. Can't let it slide or then you have to let everything slide.

Its one reason and thats because he started getting compared to MJ and started putting up MJ type numbers thats why everyone blew up every little thing he did cause they were looking for reasons to hate him id seen people posting things like "oh MJ never would of done that" which tells you that inside people are comparing him to MJ and that very thought makes them hate him because they FEAR someone eventually being better but thats just my opinion.:shrug:

ManRam
08-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Its one reason and thats because he started getting compared to MJ and started putting up MJ type numbers thats why everyone blew up every little thing he did cause they were looking for reasons to hate him id seen people posting things like "oh MJ never would of done that" which tells you that inside people are comparing him to MJ and that very thought makes them hate him because they FEAR someone eventually being better but thats just my opinion.:shrug:

I agree. People don't like guys who seem perfect. The second Tim Tebow does something remotely "bad", I bet he gets crucified too. It's not fair to them.

Also...MJ was not a saint. He had extramarital affairs, many people will tell you he was a short and rash person, he had his fair share of cheap shots in his career, he gave Steve Kerr a black eye once in practice. Books have been written about how he verbally abused many teammates (especially Tony Kukoc, who has spoken out about it). He once told his teammates not to pass the ball to Bill Cartwright, and if he did, they'd be reprimanded. Who says that? He was the only Bull player not to attend the team Christmas parties. And anyone that knew him, even Pippen, comment on how egotistical he was. None are really big deals (cheating on his wife is), but if LeBron did any of this...can you imagine the press he'd get??

He even called his teammates his "supporting cast" for the majority of his career. He was very egotistical. As was Larry Bird. As was Karl Malone...as were many other great players.

So to see LeBron get this much attention is insane.

Toadman
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
"So to see LeBron get this much attention is insane."
Comes with the territory. He gets an insane amount of attention when things are going his way. He's definetly going to get it when thing sour. That's the nature of the Media.

NJrockPD
08-07-2009, 02:33 PM
Those empty comments were all said to polish his tarnished image. They really don't mean anything, he's just doing what he has to do.

NYtilIdie
08-07-2009, 02:43 PM
A.I. was right. On an interview A.I did a while back on "Quite Frankly" Stephen A. Smith asked A.I what advice did you give Lebron when you guys talked. A.I said

"They may love you now, but as soon as you make a mistake there going to turn on you and bash you"

Its sad to know thats how the world works.

ElMarroAfamado
08-07-2009, 02:47 PM

are you being sarcastic?

J4KOP99
08-07-2009, 03:03 PM
The people that hate on LeBron are the same people that would take him on their team in a second.

Quit all the *****ing and moaning and let the guy live. He is an unbelievable talent, one that we rarely see the likes of, so let's cherish it and make the most of his career rather than complain everytime he wears a t-shirt that tells us to "check my stats."

If any of us were in his position we would be cocky too.

ManRam
08-07-2009, 03:13 PM
are you being sarcastic?

No. Tell me where he tripped up before the last game this year. Considering almost every post before you says "I agree completely"...I don't think there is any reason to imply I'm being sarcastic. I swear I never even knew what his voice sounded like the first three years he was in the NBA.

tland22
08-07-2009, 03:39 PM
LeBron is a cool *** dude.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 03:44 PM
I believe him when Lebron said that he didn't take the tape away.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 03:47 PM
I kind of find it funny that people do not take in his apology but they would take in apologies from their favourite player in a second.

Double_R
08-07-2009, 04:06 PM
You guys are a bunch of babies. That wasnt an apoligy, he said he was sorry for not talking to the media because they make HIM famous and suck his #*% 24/7. He should apoligize to the refs and David Stern for letting them down against the Magic, because lord knows they did all they could to make him win.

asandhu23
08-07-2009, 04:36 PM
A.I. was right. On an interview A.I did a while back on "Quite Frankly" Stephen A. Smith asked A.I what advice did you give Lebron when you guys talked. A.I said

"They may love you now, but as soon as you make a mistake there going to turn on you and bash you"

This same exact thing happened with Wilt. He was awful to media....look how people love russell not him. Look at Barry Bonds...hates media but loves his fans....look how media is taking him down.

hoop talk
08-07-2009, 04:37 PM
You guys are a bunch of babies. That wasnt an apoligy, he said he was sorry for not talking to the media because they make HIM famous and suck his #*% 24/7. He should apoligize to the refs and David Stern for letting them down against the Magic, because lord knows they did all they could to make him win.

35-PPG 9-RPG 7-APG

Even if your ignorant statement was true, with stats like that there is no way you can blame him for the loss.

MJL
08-07-2009, 04:42 PM

Did I miss something? I have never heard that LBJ ever apologized on the unsportsman conduct of not shaking hand incident. Even in his latest interview, he offer no apologizing ever..
I wonder what kind of advise he is getting, are we start to see some uncontrolable over inflated ego from LBJ???

RaiderLakersA's
08-07-2009, 05:00 PM

It's human nature. First we build something up to incredible proportions, and then we take as much delight, if not effort, in tearing it down. Athletes and celebrities are the easiest targets. We want and need something outside of ourselves to idolize. A living breathing personification of our ideals. But we only arrive at that by ignoring the one constant truth about the human species: no one is perfect. No one.

For the first part of his career LeBron worked to be the person that everyone else wanted him to be. But that wasn't real. That's not who he is. Now that he's finally coming into his own, as a player and a grown man, we will all finally get to meet the REAL LeBron James. Every public persona goes through this unveiling process. I, for one, am glad that he has finally chosen to be his own man...no matter what form that takes.

vash9
08-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Lebron was always a first class act, from what i can tell and he was responsible for his actions. Clearly now, we all know that Lebron never asked for the tape to be confiscated, and it was all Nike's doing.

Just let the guy live. It was a ******** dunk that was just blown up for a dumb cause he didn't even have a taking in.

MaHaRaJaH
08-07-2009, 08:36 PM

David Stern is the last mother flippin person anybody should EVER have to apologize to. I'm still waiting on HIS apology.

ryanj12344
08-08-2009, 05:50 AM
yea man, he needs a break. but i still think he is extremely overrated

magichatnumber9
08-08-2009, 06:33 AM
We are all so tired of Lebron and his fake azz

MagicDojo
08-08-2009, 12:20 PM
Lebron was a humble guy when he first started in the league. He has become more arrogant every year. Once you start referring to your self in the third person you are offically a douche.