PDA

View Full Version : Heat still considering Iverson

BkOriginalOne
08-07-2009, 01:51 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4383398

Best place to play other than Charlotte.

still1ballin
08-07-2009, 02:05 PM
cool

JordansBulls
08-07-2009, 02:09 PM
Heat will struggle to get out of round 1 with the team they have. At least with Iverson they have a better shot.

vash9
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
I think it would be a bad idea to add A.I. to the Heats.

In my opinion, it's going to be the Nuggets all over again. A.I. will most likely compete with Dwayne Wade.

Though, if somehow it works out and they can both coexist, i think that could be a major threat.

dre1990
08-07-2009, 02:31 PM
heat will struggle to get out of round 1 with the team they have. At least with iverson they have a better shot.

x2

J$mo0th_3o5
08-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Heat will struggle to get out of round 1 with the team they have. At least with Iverson they have a better shot.

Bulls will struggle to get out of the first round:eyebrow:

Jays Claw
08-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Allen Iverson is better off signing with the Bobcats instead of the Heat.

kingkobe
08-07-2009, 02:55 PM
Has Heat made any moves this off-season?

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 06:11 PM
i dont think it would work out

TheMicrowave
08-07-2009, 06:20 PM
Adding Iverson will help, but they still are faraway from the other top teams in the league. Iverson is short term help. Heat need more than Iverson. It will be exciting for the Heat and their fans and the rest of the league.

prs
08-07-2009, 06:26 PM
I think it can work because the Heat can play AI as a SG.

Jays Claw
08-07-2009, 06:28 PM
Has the Heat made any moves this off-season?

They added G Patrick Beverley (trade rights from Lakers), F Robert Dozier.

BenFrank
08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
Riley's probably on of the few coach's who could contain Iverson.. but if there offering 2 million and not a starting spot.. I doubt he goes there

DitchDat
08-07-2009, 06:30 PM
I think it can work because the Heat can play AI as a SG.

No, if they sign Iverson, he will start at PG or come off the bench.
Wade is their starting SG, even though he pretty much runs the offense at times.

prs
08-07-2009, 06:46 PM
No, if they sign Iverson, he will start at PG or come off the bench.
Wade is their starting SG, even though he pretty much runs the offense at times.

which is exactly what im saying. he can play as if hes the SG on offense since Dwade can run the offense.

i dont think its a bad idea for the Heat cause its not like theyre going to go far without him, hes not going to ruin their chances if he doesn't mesh. That and its not like they can pick up anyone worth while with their cap space until next year, so might aswell give it a try imo.

Unless they have some sort of trade for Boozer in the works or something.

MiamiHeat
08-07-2009, 08:05 PM

they are still not sign

Toenail Clipper
08-07-2009, 08:06 PM
Put him on the Clipper bench
:D

Raph12
08-07-2009, 08:34 PM
Yeah, AI to Miami isn't likely, chances are higher that he goes to Greece, apparently there is an offer soon-to-be presented to him via Olympiakos, don't think he'll take it but higher possibility of him going there than Miami. I mean cmon, a bench role, limited minutes behind Wade and Chalmers and this for a guy who has led the league in mpg for nearly his whole career, plus they're only offering him 2m. Not likely he goes to Miami, but just for the sake of arguement, if he did; I'm sure he and Wade could work it out, AI could drop his 20-25ppg, Wade with 25+ppg and Beasley with 15-20ppg. He would make them better for sure, just taking pressure off Wade and what not.

Btw for people saying it will be like AI and Melo all over again; what's wrong with that? AI made Denver better, Denver won 44 games without AI in 2005-06, with AI for half a season they won 45 games in 2006-07 and with AI for a full season they won 50 games in 2007-08 in a VERY competitive Western Conference, they got better each year and had they not faced San Antonio and LA in the first round each year, who may I add both went on to win the WCFs, I'm sure they would've done well. Not to mention the fact that Miami can't get any worse, I mean so they fall out of the playoffs worst-case-scenario, with no changes and the way the East has gotten better over the offseason, they were bound to be knocked out anyways. So AI-non-believers, you guys need to step back analyze what AI can do for any team and then shut the ***** up, same with the guys hating on VC, AI is a 1st-ballot HOFer and VC is probable to get there some day as well, so give credit where its due and back the ***** off

J_M_B
08-07-2009, 10:20 PM
A.I can take pressure off Wade and that's what Wade needs right now. If he did sign with Miami it won't be long term just a 1 year contract. Until help arrives next summer. A trio of Wade, Iverson, and Beasley would be fun to watch and good for the league.

Wade and Iverson would carry most of the offense. With the development of Miami's young core of Beasley, Chalmers, and Cook, Jermaine O'Neal working hard with trainer Tim Grover(Micheal Jordan/Dwyane Wade trainers) to get back to All Star caliber form, and with a healthy James Jones/Jammal Magloire this team is bound to make the playoffs. Somewhere from the 4th seed to the 7th seed. Depending on the production of the young core and JO.

J_M_B
08-07-2009, 10:22 PM

Both of them most likely will be sent over seas and play in Europe for a season or two. So they can develop rather than get no playing time.

Squad13
08-07-2009, 10:23 PM
Iverson I don't know about.... but they made a nice acquisition in Odo... oh wait nm.:D

J_M_B
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM

Both of them most likely will be sent over seas for a season or two. So they can develop rather than get no playing time here

J_M_B
08-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Iverson I don't know about.... but they made a nice acquisition in Odo... oh wait nm.:D

Wow, your so funny, not!

Raps18-19 Champ
08-07-2009, 10:33 PM
AI in Miami? That sounds like disaster.

AI would be in every strip club in Miami until 4 in the morning. That doesn't like a good place for him to behave himself.

Raph12
08-07-2009, 11:13 PM

:clap: nice lol, i expected that Odom thing to pop up somewhere between LA and Miami threads lol

Squad13
08-08-2009, 06:10 PM
:clap: nice lol, i expected that Odom thing to pop up somewhere between LA and Miami threads lol

:hi5: