PDA

View Full Version : Roy get's Max Contract in Tough Eco. Times

GAWDtv
08-07-2009, 12:32 PM
http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/The_Baseline/entry/view/29395/brandon_roy_will_be_worth_every_penny

Will this be a bad decision?

Is he worth Max Money Now or is this based on Potential??

Who will be the next young 3 year or 2 year player who deserves to get Maxed out in your Opinion???

arkanian215
08-07-2009, 12:35 PM
this shouldve gone with the roy extension thread.

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Are you serious, the dude is totally worth it. Didn't he even accept less money. Smart move by both squads.

GSW fan
08-07-2009, 12:38 PM
hes worth it.

Burkey3472
08-07-2009, 12:42 PM
He's worth every penny and getting better every single day. Great deal on both sides.

tland22
08-07-2009, 01:53 PM
I didnt agree with any of your choices.

He isnt a max contract player....he is nearing his full potential already though.

He is great though, but I dont see him having the potential to win an MVP... but a top 20 player every year..yea, easily

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 01:55 PM
hes worth it

jgonboricua
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
i think he is worth it, think he is slightly over paid but he is definately the cornerstone of that franchise and superstar in the making

vash9
08-07-2009, 02:29 PM
He's worth it, but i'd still say that it's still TOO much. I would go with less, but to make him stay, i wouldn't mind paying the guy that amount.

JordansBulls
08-07-2009, 03:42 PM
Why wouldn't a top 10 player in the league be worth it if they are not injury prone and not a complainer?

king4day
08-07-2009, 03:54 PM
i didnt agree with any of your choices.

He isnt a max contract player....he is nearing his full potential already though.

He is great though, but i dont see him having the potential to win an mvp... But a top 20 player every year..yea, easily

+1

GeneWaldron#5
08-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Definately worth it. The guy is an extremely talented offensive player who can score at will in a number of different ways. He's one of the best clutch players in the game. He can create for others around hiim. He has the ability to take over games and win them almost single-handedly at times. Add in the fact that he is a leader with a great attitude and seems such a level headed young man without the big ego that some carry and I think you have a max contract guy.

If the other young guys at Portland continue to develop and Greg Oden can stay injury free I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him lead Portland to a title at some point in the future.

tland22
08-07-2009, 04:41 PM
Why wouldn't a top 10 player in the league be worth it if they are not injury prone and not a complainer?

For one, Brandon Roy isnt a Top 10 player in the league.

LeBron
Kobe
Wade
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Dirk

thats the top 8

then you have Yao, Melo, Amare etc...I could go on, but choose not to.

He is top 20 somewhere though. if he was a top 10 player then sure, he deserves it. He just inst the elite level yet.

GoatMilk
08-07-2009, 04:45 PM
he's worth some money
but not the max
maybe the 65M range

he'll be overpaid pretty soon and all of will be laughing at portland saying they overpaid him

theuuord
08-07-2009, 06:08 PM
For one, Brandon Roy isnt a Top 10 player in the league.

LeBron
Kobe
Wade
Chris Paul
Dwight Howard
Tim Duncan
Dirk

thats the top 8

That's 7, and Roy is more valuable than Dirk at this time in their careers.

then you have Yao, Melo, Amare etc...I could go on, but choose not to.

Yao and Amare are oft-injured and Melo just had the least efficient season of his career.

He is top 20 somewhere though. if he was a top 10 player then sure, he deserves it. He just inst the elite level yet.

He sure is. He's top 7. You listed the only six players in the league better than him already.

tland22
08-07-2009, 07:23 PM
Nah... i disagree. K.G. is better than him, Id also take THE TRUTH over B Roy...YAO is a beast(beggining of season youd take YAO over B Roy without even thinking about it, come on now) and so is Amare. They are better PLAYERS than Brandon Roy, and I thought that was unquestioned, but apparently not. I can safely bet money that Melo is growing as a player and that is what you gotta look for. Not the fact that he had his least efficient season. By no means is he declining, as you implied. Personally, and I know many would agree...id take Tony Parker over him without a doubt. Chris Bosh the slight edge over him. So what number is that? 14...okay Brandon Roy is # 15 he just cracks the number 15 sport. id also Take TMAC over him, yea thats right I said it. Id argue that all day long too. And D-Will is just as good as Roy, but Id personally take D WILL over ur boy Roy as well...so 15-18th spot? thats fair

top 10 is absolutely out of the question.