PDA

View Full Version : Hornets Shooting Guard Depth

Juju
08-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Going into the season I noticed the Hornets have quite the number of Shooting Gaurds on the roster. Rasual Butler, Marcus Thornton, Devin Brown, and Morris Peterson.

Who do ya think will be cut in training camp? Who do ya think who would start and who would be the main backup?

Trying to discuss some Hornets ball due to us being in "Dead season" of the basketball season...

tland22
08-07-2009, 01:34 PM
HoopWorld: Marcus Thornton will make the All-Rookie team this season.

so says Mike Moreau
"Thornton may end of up being the biggest surprise of the rookie class, but not just because he slipped to the second round. He landed on a team in New Orleans that is desperate for scoring, and desperate for those points at Thornton's position. He showed in summer league not only a scorer's mentality and confidence, but an already polished game of catch-and-shoot jumpers and one- and two-dribble pull ups that translate perfectly into what the Hornets need. If he isn't starting on opening night, it may only be a matter of time. Whether he is paired with Chris Paul in the starting line-up or with Darren Collison in a now dynamic second unit, you can expect big explosions of points from Thornton in either role."

link of the other guys they think..... http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=13483

this is pretty damn good expectations. I think Butler should start, and Marcus should get at the minimum 15mins of paying time, to get him accustomed to the game that way we can trade Butler and Marcus could start for us.

tland22
08-07-2009, 01:35 PM
Dont get me wrong though, Im starting to really like Butler. But itd be so NICE if Marcus gets better and better and he becomes good in this league and the Hornets could lock him up long term :)

And just throwing this out here, I like Mo Pete, I want to see him succeed and Produce for us.

tland22
08-07-2009, 01:36 PM
oh and one more thing, Devin Brown has GOT to go. What is he good for anyways?

ballpd05
08-07-2009, 07:20 PM
All of them are under guaranteed contracts except Thornton, and they are definitely keeping him. So they all will be there unless some trade happens to clear cap space.

None of them is a starting quality one anyway. Rasual Butler is okay, but he does the same thing as Peja and Mo Pete (sit on three point line and spot up). Marcus is the only real instant offense out there, and Devin Brown SUCKS!!!
So they'll all be there, cuz the Hornets will have to pull something out their rears to move any of them.

Vinny642
08-07-2009, 11:09 PM
Devin Brown and Mo Pete have to be on their way out of New Orleans

Juju
08-08-2009, 01:29 AM
Ya guys are right, Devin Brown and/or Mo Pete has to go. Maybe we can ship them two off for like a 2nd rounder or something... if we can get much xD

Man I can't wait for the season! I really want to see Marcus Thornton and Darren Collison on the court!

Vinny642
08-08-2009, 01:45 AM
Deal Daniels with Mo Pete somewhere. Daniels 6 Million is good to trade.

Patrick Swayze
08-09-2009, 01:10 PM
Deal Daniels with Mo Pete somewhere. Daniels 6 Million is good to trade.

That would rock.

Vinny642
08-09-2009, 06:49 PM
LOL Dump em to Memphis and get Gasol and play him Backup to Okafor :D and then deal Armstrong and Butler somewhere for a better SG.

Patrick Swayze
08-09-2009, 11:23 PM
LOL Dump em to Memphis and get Gasol and play him Backup to Okafor :D and then deal Armstrong and Butler somewhere for a better SG.

I'd love to get Gasol. I like Hilton, but wouldn't be upset if we moved him. I think we should keep Butler too, but I guess that would depend on who we could get for him.

spacemandave
08-10-2009, 12:20 AM
if we got gasol, okafor could play pf and west would be awesome off the bench....just kidding but obv getting gasol would be awesome lol......guess butlers gonna start at sg? back him up with thornton but at the end of the game i think for the 2 and 3 positions it can be the 2 who are playing the best between butler, juju, and posey.

Vinny642
08-10-2009, 12:31 AM
I'd love to get Gasol. I like Hilton, but wouldn't be upset if we moved him. I think we should keep Butler too, but I guess that would depend on who we could get for him.

I like Butler but if we can get a younger more of a shot creator then I'd take him. I really wanna see Wright does starting

RaptorizedKevin
08-19-2009, 11:58 AM
im hearing speculation that mo pete changed his number? or is he on a new team? or gonna be on a new team?

RaptorizedKevin
08-19-2009, 05:43 PM
how do yu guys liek this trade... yu guys trade us.

mo pete and his 6.5 mil contract a year, along with 2 mil trade exception for marcus banks.. this saves you guys 2 million dollars. over the course of two years.

tland22
08-19-2009, 06:48 PM
hmmmmmmmmmm.... i wouldnt totally object to taking that. Itd put us under the luxury tax...but im not the owner so I dont care if we get under the lux tax really. I think now that we have lost Butler, It is imperitive that we keep mo pete around this one year....or atleast until the trade dead-line, then we could make this deal is mo pete isnt getting playing time or isnt performing well.

Patrick Swayze
08-26-2009, 12:26 PM
I don't like the fact that most depth charts have Morris Peterson as the starter for now.

Diggy_2
08-27-2009, 08:23 PM
hornets should try to get J.R Smith back

Vinny642
08-27-2009, 09:34 PM
hornets should try to get J.R Smith back

I would want his skill but he is a headcase.