PDA

View Full Version : Is the Magic east title tainted ?

jerseykidd88
08-07-2009, 12:50 AM
What you guys think they say manny and big papi tainted their titles for using substances but so did rashard lewis! what a cheater and a taint:mad:

sNaKeS
08-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Wow a nets fan saying the magic have a "tainted" eastern conference title. Is this your way of venting since we took away the only player actually worth a damn on your team? Lewis took an anti-depressant, not a growth hormone. Steroids act in more ways than just making you bigger, but in your pathetic mind I guess that's all they do.

jerseykidd88
08-07-2009, 12:57 AM
son u live in philly and like magic and devin harris is better than VC and so i brook . MAGIC BANDWAGONER

B.JenningsMVP
08-07-2009, 01:05 AM
haha who cares lmao

sNaKeS
08-07-2009, 01:13 AM
son u live in philly and like magic and devin harris is better than VC and so i brook . MAGIC BANDWAGONER

Yo son you live in florida and like the nets. OHHHHH NETS BANDWAGONER!!!!!

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 01:14 AM
Wow a nets fan saying the magic have a "tainted" eastern conference title. Is this your way of venting since we took away the only player actually worth a damn on your team? Lewis took an anti-depressant, not a growth hormone. Steroids act in more ways than just making you bigger, but in your pathetic mind I guess that's all they do.
god i am so sick of you magic fans

face it magic fan the title is tainted
and the cavs and celtics fans are not happy

lionfire76
08-07-2009, 01:19 AM
It was tainted but only because they won it by barely betting an injured Celtics team with a side lined Garnett, Powe, and a hurting Ray Allen.

GoatMilk
08-07-2009, 01:20 AM
It was tainted but only because they won it by barely betting an injured Celtics team with a side lined Garnett, Powe, and a hurting Ray Allen.

what if's are meh

what if KG played.
what if he kept getting lit up by Rashard and Hedo? and Orlando ended up winning in 5

ARMIN12NBA
08-07-2009, 01:20 AM
Not at all.

Apophis
08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
lol... no it was not.. and who cares.... let the new season start.

marlinsfan24
08-07-2009, 01:21 AM
NO! He didn't do **** wrong. Sorry he took an anti-depressant.

aman_13
08-07-2009, 01:24 AM
No!!!

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 01:25 AM
No!!!
yes it is

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 01:29 AM
what if's are meh

what if KG played.
what if he kept getting lit up by Rashard and Hedo? and Orlando ended up winning in 5

what if stern takes the title away

znick21
08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
hahaha funniest thread ever

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2009, 01:31 AM
Rashard Lewis...:sigh:

NYKnickFanatic
08-07-2009, 01:32 AM
hahaha funniest thread ever

Yeah, it's a real knee slapper, aye?

Jay22Redd
08-07-2009, 01:34 AM
:laugh2: NO

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 01:36 AM
its so tainted

BUCSFORLIFE123
08-07-2009, 01:37 AM
it was most likely an accident and what does he do that puts it into use? all he does is shoot

CB30
08-07-2009, 01:37 AM
what

heyman321
08-07-2009, 01:43 AM
Holy crap I thought you were Jordan's Bulls with all these hypotheticals.

willthethrill22
08-07-2009, 01:43 AM
and the lakers title is tainted because Lamar Odom ate candy. :rolleyes:

who cares if he took it.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 01:45 AM
as a celtics fan i want stern to take the title back

vash9
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
Lol. He probably made this thread out of spite of the VC trade. And you also swear like Rashard's drug or whatever it was for positive is like the most craziest news to ever hit the world. So what if he took them? Does it effect you and your lifestyle?...

Yes, i'm a Nets fan, loved VC, but i think this upcoming year, and i hope this upcoming year, that the Magics take the title to change the minds of all those in doubt.

I don't think they're tainted or whatever. They just haven't taken the game serious enough just yet and adding a piece like VC to the team now, they're most likely more ready than ever to take it all.

And if you think Devin Harris AND Brook Lopez are better than VC, then you must be pretty mental. *tsk* *tsk* *tsk*

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 01:56 AM
What you guys think they say manny and big papi tainted their titles for using substances but so did rashard lewis! what a cheater and a taint:mad:

Your a disgrace to Orlando, leave please.

GHOSTSNIPER
08-07-2009, 01:57 AM
He took the antidepressant to get a head start on life following the Finals with Los Angeles...

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 02:00 AM
Go **** yourself. Have the damn title, we will win the Championship this year. Jeez no wonder no one can stand Celtics fans.

its the guy who says cbsportsline are magic haters well you sir are a boston hater and as for this year i hope both boston and cleveland dismantel the magic so they can finaly shut up the boston hating cocky magic fans for onece

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 02:04 AM
Your a disgrace to Orlando, leave please.
i am so sick of you magic fans saying oh were number one we beat boston we beat cleveland! boston had injurys and cleveland was in a slump this year they both got better

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 02:06 AM
its the guy who says cbsportsline are magic haters well you sir are a boston hater and as for this year i hope both boston and cleveland dismantel the magic so they can finaly shut up the boston hating cocky magic fans for onece

Why would i hate Boston, if i remember correctly, we beat you in your own place. :laugh2:

BTW thanks for remembering that i called CBS Sports haters, just means that my opinions matter to you.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 02:08 AM
Why would i hate Boston, if i remember correctly, we beat you in your own place. :laugh2:

BTW thanks for remembering that i called CBS Sports haters, just means that my opinions matter to you.

well for one you said this
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Superman12*
Go **** yourself. Have the damn title, we will win the Championship this year. Jeez no wonder no one can stand Celtics fans.

my bad you hate the celtics fans

vash9
08-07-2009, 02:08 AM
i am so sick of you magic fans saying oh were number one we beat boston we beat cleveland! boston had injurys and cleveland was in a slump this year they both got better

The Cavaliers are always in the slump. Wait, let me re-word that. The Lebron James are always in the slump. What do you expect? It's literally a one man team.

And even with KG on the team, i don't believe they still had anything on the Magics.

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 02:09 AM

The Magic didn't have Nelson and weren't 100% either, and Cleveland doesn't have an excuse, they were ready to go...or were they. Just showed that one man can't win a series himself.

Hey if you want to join alliances with CLE, thats fine with me lol, lets see how polite your gonna be when you VS them.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 02:13 AM
The Magic didn't have Nelson and weren't 100% either, and Cleveland doesn't have an excuse, they were ready to go...or were they. Just showed that one man can't win a series himself.

Hey if you want to join alliances with CLE, thats fine with me lol, lets see how polite your gonna be when you VS them.

i dont care cleveland is a good team and i respect the cleveland fans and as for boston vs orlando if kg was healthy boston would beat orlando hands down

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 02:18 AM
i dont care cleveland is a good team and i respect the cleveland fans and as for boston vs orlando if kg was healthy boston would beat orlando hands down

Cleveland may be good, but were better, and we will see during the season now won't we, make sure your boy is ready this time.

GoatMilk
08-07-2009, 02:19 AM

what if he doesnt?

LAKERS 24/7
08-07-2009, 02:21 AM
The title most definitely is not tainted. They didn't when because rashard lewis popped a couple pills, but because he hit the big shots.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Cleveland may be good, but were better, and we will see during the season now won't we, make sure your boy is ready this time.

my boys are ready for some revenge and once we beat you guys you would be like the your tampa bay rays they will fall back to earth

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 02:29 AM
my boys are ready for some revenge and once we beat you guys you would be like the your tampa bay rays they will fall back to earth

Eh, not a baseball fan so i don't really know what your talking about, but thats good news to hear, i hope your guys are ready.

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 02:44 AM
Haha @ CragtheSoxFan, sounds like you want a sig bet?

Damn, my opinions must mean a lot to you, well thats good. At least quote it the right way.

Put this in the quote to. lmao

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=im1OMj3vLaI&NR=1

Bosh=nextKG
08-07-2009, 02:51 AM
Wow, im with craigthesoxfan on being a sox fan, but wut he is saying is really dumb, yes if garnett had been healthy the celtics could have beaten the magic and if the Nelson had been healthy then the magic could have won the title. The title is not tainted, but hnestly this year the celtics will scrape onthe magic, now that they've added sheed, thats just another shooter expanding the defense and he plays good defense too. Magic lost Lee and Hedo, I predict that the Magic get the 4th seed in the playoffs

*Superman*
08-07-2009, 02:55 AM
Wow, im with craigthesoxfan on being a sox fan, but wut he is saying is really dumb, yes if garnett had been healthy the celtics could have beaten the magic and if the Nelson had been healthy then the magic could have won the title. The title is not tainted, but hnestly this year the celtics will scrape onthe magic, now that they've added sheed, thats just another shooter expanding the defense and he plays good defense too. Magic lost Lee and Hedo, I predict that the Magic get the 4th seed in the playoffs

Let me ask you this, is Hedo better then Carter? And if i may ask who will be the 3rd seed in your opinion?

EDIT: Still waiting for a reply...change your mind already lol. Thats what i thought.

Seoul Raider
08-07-2009, 03:09 AM
This thread is absolutely meaningless. The man didn't inject himself with steroids and gain 30 pounds of muscle, he just took an OTC supplement without paying close attention to the ingredients, or talking to an expert. He has owned up to it and he will pay the price. Do you really think that a few supplement pills made a difference in his performance? Are you kidding? Do supplements magically make you shoot better? No! Chances are, if it was a Celtics or Cavs fan, the bashers on this thread would be lining up to hold the player's hand during his suspension; however, since it was a Magic player, they might as well hand over the trophy to one of two overmatched teams! Give me a break!

NYCkid12
08-07-2009, 03:53 AM
its so tainted

so i guess this means u think both the red sox titles are tainted rite??

NYCkid12
08-07-2009, 04:15 AM

what other team besides clev and boston can u possibly have above orl???

BULLSDROSE1
08-07-2009, 04:33 AM
NO!!!!!!!! Now get off the man back

azkarraga
08-07-2009, 05:47 AM
no, not so far. if there're more findings... and then it'll depend on the findings

Wilson
08-07-2009, 06:12 AM
I don't know much about this, but an article I read on ESPN said something about him taking using the product with the banned substance during the play-offs. Don't forget that he missed the last three games of the season with tendanitis, this illegal substance might have helped him recover :shrug:

thapharcyd
08-07-2009, 06:33 AM
It really shows how young some of the people are on here..''tainted title" haha... hilarious... there are probably a ton of players taking something illegal... whether it be drugs, performance drugs, etc. They just didn't get caught.

Yes children you're fav players do illegal stuff too!!

op12
08-07-2009, 07:52 AM
if the banned substance that was in the product was DHEA, which is what i heard, it does very little for performance enhancing. it is more to get the test to a high or normal level for older males. someones rashard's age would benefit very little or none at all from this. dumb that it is banned in the 1st place.

magichatnumber9
08-07-2009, 08:08 AM
I tell you what if that run Orlando went on is tainted, then the Red Sox should give back there trophies and rings asap. This is so stupid. Answer hell no its not tainted. Shard is clutch and steroids has nothing to do with that

Brooke
08-07-2009, 08:20 AM
No it isnt

driz
08-07-2009, 08:38 AM

C'mon kid...don't be ignorant. You can't compare a young player with one excellent, stand-out season to Vince Carter's entire career to make a judgment call like that. Get your weight up, not your hate up!! New Jersey's squad is overall AWFUL.

younggunn113
08-07-2009, 08:39 AM

This excuse is such horse ****. Get over yourselves Celtic fans seriously. Then your last title was tainted because the Lakers were missing Ariza and Bynum. Celtic fans are such hypocrits. When Laker fans mention those injuries they just say things like excuses excuses, shut the **** up already.

This does not taint their title, PED in baseball also make a bigger difference than in basketball. If they didn't we'd see more basketball players taking them, when in all honesty in the MLB you are guilty until proven innocent. This does not taint their title, whatever he was taking didn't influence the outcome of the series. He was splashing 3's left and right, you dont need PED's to do that, I mean unless he wasn't strong enough to reach the basket from that distance..:rolleyes:

If out of nowhere Lewis came out like jacked and grabbed 15 boards a game throughout the playoffs I'd say you have an arguement but his numbers were right were they should have been, and like someone said earlier, theres other reasons for taking things like this. Celtic fans are probably making a bigger deal out of this because their WS doesnt look too impressive with Papi and Manny roiding, and Cavs fans are mad because they are grabbing to anything in hopes that Lebron stays and they are probably thinking this "scandal" ruined their chances at a ring, when truth of the matter is the Lakers would have probably swept you. (Not directed at every Celtics or Cavs fans, just the ignorant ones.)

Boom Roasted.

magicbucs4eva
08-07-2009, 08:59 AM
this is the dumbest thread ever!!! haters everywhere u go!!

OrLMaGiK1
08-07-2009, 09:00 AM
HAHAHA I LOVE IT! This is why I come on to this website and read people's comments on everything. I love how people can be so whiny, ignorant and and just overall sore losers about EVERYTHING! Listen ******* happens! Garnett was injured so was Nelson.

The Cavs are always overrated and overhyped. They lost get over it. Without that game winner it would have been a sweep. Orlando was the better team and Lebron knew that, he was just too big of a sore loser thats why he just walked off the court. And as you can see his actions are mimicked by his fans. ALL SORE LOSERS!!!:cry:

BTW There is no way anyone in the Southeast Division is going to Dethrone us in the next 5 years. We will be in the top 3 seeds for at least the next 5 years. What's boston got maybe one more year or 2 at the most. Then it's back to the bottom seeds for them. Garnett is going to suffer from here on out with injuries and Allen will retire soon or get traded.

What happened last season and the playoffs is the past now. The new season its almost here!

All the people who are not over last season----------->:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

d-baller23
08-07-2009, 09:06 AM
The Title is not tainted, how many players on a team does take to win a game, Dwight Howard is the reason we got to the Finals, without him we couldn't do nothing like that, Dwight is the best player we got, sure Lewis hit big shots when we needed but so did everyone else, Turk, Lee, MP, and AJ, it doesn't take one player to win a game. (Unless you are Kobe or Lebron)

d-baller23
08-07-2009, 09:08 AM
The Orlando Magic are going to be the Number One Seed in the East,

prodigy
08-07-2009, 09:15 AM
Its funny, everyone knows players get tired late in the season. So without that boost, does lewis make that 3 vs the cavs? Or does his arms get heavy and he misses?

I'm just messin, But lewis is a fool for sure. and the magic team should be tested every couple weeks. The magic did not win the ship, they only won the east. So they can keep that title, it don't mean much if you don't win the ship.

domz248
08-07-2009, 09:26 AM
even if he did cheat who cares were talking about a tainted east title i didn't even know any one counted those

Toenail Clipper
08-07-2009, 09:36 AM
Besides, if it were LeBron, then he would be banned for the whole season.
I believe he should test positive so that everyone hates him more :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

BTownTeamsRKing
08-07-2009, 09:37 AM
u guys are crazy if u think hes the only one.

tell me seriously that lebron and howard got those bodies on meat and vegatables.

JordansBulls
08-07-2009, 10:12 AM
They didn't even have Jameer Nelson

Raph12
08-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Stern doesn't have the balls, he would never do that nor would it be in his power to do it. Shard took anti-depressants not growth-hormone 'roids, if it was that important to take the title away the 10-game suspension would've been alot longer. Thinking that this would change anything last season, pretty lame dude, pretty lame.

ManRam
08-07-2009, 10:26 AM
I tell you what if that run Orlando went on is tainted, then the Red Sox should give back there trophies and rings asap. This is so stupid. Answer hell no its not tainted. Shard is clutch and steroids has nothing to do with that

I'm a fan of both the Sox and Magic.

The Sox players took steroids in the traditional sense. The ones you inject, the ones you take to get big, the ones that are illegal, the ones that are thought so poorly of. I understand why some believe what they did was tainted (I do to some extent, but everyone in baseball is on the roids, so I don't actually).

Rashard took a legal, over the counter drug, with DHEA in it, which is found in hundreds of common supplements, and it's performance enhancing capabilities are next to none. It is mainly used to treat depression, reduce daily fatigue. The New England Journal of Science reported that it "had no beneficial effects on body composition, physical performance, insulin sensitivity, or quality of life."

Don't link this with MLB-type steroids...especially considering DHEA is not banned in the MLB

Not tainted...not one bit.

masalex1205
08-07-2009, 10:27 AM
immaturity abounds in this thread

NickyNick
08-07-2009, 10:27 AM
Stern doesn't have the balls, he would never do that nor would it be in his power to do it. Shard took anti-depressants not growth-hormone 'roids, if it was that important to take the title away the 10-game suspension would've been alot longer. Thinking that this would change anything last season, pretty lame dude, pretty lame.

listen if it truly was anti-depressants than do you really think he would be suspended at all?? they obviously have some type of performance enhancer in them if they are banned....they dont just ban stuff for no reason

ManRam
08-07-2009, 10:35 AM
listen if it truly was anti-depressants than do you really think he would be suspended at all?? they obviously have some type of performance enhancer in them if they are banned....they dont just ban stuff for no reason

I think before you edited it, you asked why he'd want to take an anti-depressant.

Maybe because his brother died recently, maybe because his young daughter has an unknown disease and is in and out of the hospital all the time. Just taking a guess....

In reality, this shouldn't be banned. It isn't banned in the MLB, the league that has the most to worry about when it comes to PEDs. There has not once been any study showing it has performance enhancing capabilities.

mavwar53
08-07-2009, 10:36 AM
nope

ManRam
08-07-2009, 10:46 AM
Since none of us are experts...here is an experts take on this...via the OrlandoSentinal.

Josh Robbins spoke with Dr. Gary Wadler, chairman of the World Anti-Doping Agency's prohibited list and methods sub-committee and a clinical associate professor of Medicine at the NYU School of Medicine about what exactly dehydroepiandrosterone is and how it affects a person.

Some enlightening comments, including his assessment of whether or not DHEA is an effective performance enhancer.

GW: DHEA is a compound which converts to androstenedione, Andro from the McGwire days, and that in turn converts into testosterone. Under federal law, although it has many characteristics associated with anabolic steroids, under the Controlled Substances Act the decision was made not to categorize it as a steroid but as a dietary supplement. It is very widely used in supplemental and complementary kinds of medicines and it’s in food stores.

In the international community, in doping, DHEA is considered to be an anabolic steroid. So there is a difference between the criterion internationally and the one used in the United States. Then it would depend on the list of the NBA, whether they characterize DHEA as an anabolic steroid, or, and it’s more likely, it would go along with the United States’ categorization that it is not an anabolic steroid. Whether it looks like it or not, the decision was made in many ways on political grounds.

Some agree on scientific grounds that it is not an anabolic steroid. But in WADA and in the Olympic movement and the international community it is considered to be an anabolic steroid for the purpose of sanctions.

OS: So, whether it is or isn’t a steroid depends on what?

GW: It depends on the jurisdiction that’s involved. Under the United States’ jurisdiction it is not. For example, take a player in the NBA that competed in the Olympic Games. At the time he was under the aegis of the Olympic Games, he would sanctioned as if it were an anabolic steroid. If he played for the Chicago Bulls in an NBA game, it would not be considered an anabolic steroid, I believe. You’d have to check the current list that the NBA uses to advise their players as to what they cannot take. . . .

OS: So you can get a supplement containing DHEA at GNC, for example?

GW: Yes.

GW: If in fact he was taking it to enhance performance, he would be looking to raise his testosterone. It’s not very effective, I must say. I think the performance-enhancing aspects of it are nowhere in the same league as other substances that are categorized as anabolic steroids. So, one might think it’s a way of trying to boost your testosterone legally without taking a prohibited substance, namely testosterone, but using something that becomes testosterone. The distinction all started with Mark McGwire. When that occurred, Andro was considered to be a dietary supplement just the way DHEA is now. . . .

GW: Most people wouldn’t take one pill. Usually, people on these programs are on them for long periods of time. So, if he took a single dose, you’re talking probably a day or two. But if you’re doing it on a regular basis, that’s a whole other story.

So it's probably only banned in the NBA for Olympic purposes...considering it isn't banned in most other professional sports. So that's what DHEA is. Nothing more than an ingredient in many common supplements, something that anyone who takes supplements probably has taken before.

CELTICS4LYFE
08-07-2009, 10:46 AM

couldnt of said it better

theuuord
08-07-2009, 10:59 AM

Immaturity abounds in this forum.

Cubs Win
08-07-2009, 11:11 AM
u guys are crazy if u think hes the only one.

tell me seriously that lebron and howard got those bodies on meat and vegatables.

Yeah, but there is no chance for Garnett or Pierce to have gotten their bodies partially on a banned substance. Sure they don't look as jacked as LeBron and Superman, but neither did Lewis. This is absolutley ridiculous for these Celtics fans saying it should be taken away. Get over it.

Cubs Win
08-07-2009, 11:14 AM

If I recall correctly, the last time the Rays and Red Sox met in the playoffs...

The Rays won! Poor example :pity:

Raoul Duke
08-07-2009, 11:16 AM
The NBA has one of the best testing policies in professional sports. The only time you hear about NBA players getting suspended for banned substances is when they get careless with legal, over the counter supplements.

Rashard Lewis made an honest mistake, and I don't think it detracts from his character, or his teams finals run last season.

Wade_County
08-07-2009, 11:26 AM
There needs to be a age limit to posting in the NBA forums!!!

MajorFloridaFan
08-07-2009, 11:58 AM
no taint on the EC title ..this thread is a joke..people grow up..imagine what it would be like to live your life under the microscope

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 12:02 PM
so i guess this means u think both the red sox titles are tainted rite??

yes and the yankees titles are tainted to

CraigtheSoxFan
08-07-2009, 12:04 PM
The Orlando Magic are going to be the Number One Seed in the East,

no they are not