PDA

View Full Version : "50-50” chance Rubio will play in NBA next season

solefans
08-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Yahoo:There is a “50-50” chance the Minnesota Timberwolves’ heralded draft pick Ricky Rubio will play for the NBA team next season, a source close to Rubio told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. Another source indicated that the team’s chances might even be better than that.

“They are becoming much more optimistic that they are going to get him,” an Eastern Conference executive told Yahoo! Sports.

The source in Rubio’s camp said it would behoove the Timberwolves to move swiftly in trying to secure Rubio, as there also is strong interest in him from international teams, and Rubio is expected to make a decision soon.

While not divulging Rubio’s preference, the source added that the Timberwolves’ choice for their next coach among ABC NBA analyst Mark Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis and Houston Rockets assistant coach Elston Turner also will factor into Rubio’s decision as to whether to join Minnesota. The team is expected to hire a coach as early as Friday or as late as Monday, a source has told Yahoo! Sports. Jackson is being viewed as the front-runner for the position.

Minnesota has pledged to pay a maximum of $500,000 toward Rubio’s mammoth $8.2 buyout clause with his current club, Spain DKV Joventut. Spain Regal FC Barcelona reportedly also is interested in the fifth overall pick in this year’s NBA Draft. Rubio is expected to depart from DKV Joventut even if he and the Timberwolves cannot reach a deal. Via solefans (http://www.solefans.com)

Bruno
08-06-2009, 08:43 PM
I'm already sick of this guy, he hasn't even played a game yet.

B.JenningsMVP
08-06-2009, 08:49 PM
i hope he does lol

Hellcrooner
08-06-2009, 08:52 PM
^ the problem is not him is is the gm of jouvnetut who is being a dick and trying to force him to play in real madrid who is the biggest BIDDER.

The kid actually WANTS to play for minnie but the ****ing jouventut manager wants t puish him for leaving, RUbio is trying o convine him to let him go to wolves nd if not to trade him to Barcelona.

If stupid Stern allowed the teams to pay whatever amount of cash to foreing teams instead of only 500000 wich is ridiculous he woudl already be in minnie

mikantsass
08-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Enough with Rubio. The kid is garbage.

MacFitz92
08-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Let him go to Europe, I don't care.

BULLSDROSE1
08-06-2009, 09:02 PM
Like Brandon Jennings said F4CK Rubio

magichatnumber9
08-06-2009, 09:04 PM
I hope Rubio plays. I think he can't make an impact his rookie season

clutchski
08-06-2009, 09:07 PM
He probably feels even if he fails in the NBA in his rookie contract, he will still be offered butt **** loads of money from European teams in a few years.

Bullsfan22
08-06-2009, 09:08 PM
Yeah people itch and moan about jennings and not look at rubio's whole situation. I can't wait to see this guy plan and see if he really is better than jennings.

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 09:15 PM
he's coming

Randy West
08-06-2009, 09:18 PM
there is a 100% chance I could care less

bogdanrom
08-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Yeah people itch and moan about jennings and not look at rubio's whole situation. I can't wait to see this guy plan and see if he really is better than jennings.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap:. Thank you. Jennings is the b****. Not Rubio. People who say "**** Rubio" and "I'm tired of Rubio" are just ******** and not know or don't want to know his situation. He's has repeatedly said he wants to play in the NBA, but he has a buyout clause of $6.6 million which was just raised to $8.2 million.

tland22
08-06-2009, 09:39 PM
im sick of hearing about this queen...he stinks. GO T Wolves! But rubio STINKS...

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-06-2009, 10:01 PM
I want to see Rubio play in the NBA just so people can see how over-rated HE is

lakers4sho
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
I love the comments of the ignoramuses of this thread about Rubio and his current situation.

lizzygathers
08-06-2009, 10:26 PM
^ the problem is not him is is the gm of jouvnetut who is being a dick and trying to force him to play in real madrid who is the biggest BIDDER.

The kid actually WANTS to play for minnie but the ****ing jouventut manager wants t puish him for leaving, RUbio is trying o convine him to let him go to wolves nd if not to trade him to Barcelona.

If stupid Stern allowed the teams to pay whatever amount of cash to foreing teams instead of only 500000 wich is ridiculous he woudl already be in minnie

Not even Rubio is being a jerk. He doesn't want to play for Minnesota because they are not a big city team like los angeles, ny, etc. He wants to be noticed in the nba. He doesn't want to go to a team and play all good and don't get noticed. At the draft, as soon as he saw that he wasn't drafted in the top 3 as predicted he looked like he wanted to cry.... Then he was drafted to Minnesota along with johhny flynn and he said he felt disrespected. Then his father said that he wasn't gonna play in the NBA for another season. However, that same week his father said that his son would play in the NBA if he had more money thrown in his direction.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
Rubio is based on potential. And he has the 2nd best potential in this draft.

Hellcrooner
08-06-2009, 10:42 PM
Not even Rubio is being a jerk. He doesn't want to play for Minnesota because they are not a big city team like los angeles, ny, etc. He wants to be noticed in the nba. He doesn't want to go to a team and play all good and don't get noticed. At the draft, as soon as he saw that he wasn't drafted in the top 3 as predicted he looked like he wanted to cry.... Then he was drafted to Minnesota along with johhny flynn and he said he felt disrespected. Then his father said that he wasn't gonna play in the NBA for another season. However, that same week his father said that his son would play in the NBA if he had more money thrown in his direction.

he almost cryed when he fell out of the top 3 beause with a top three CONTRACT he could have PAYED FROM HIS OWN POCKET his buyot ad ply in the nba,

GO figure the kid you are all bashing out of sheer racism Nationalistic "pride" (better known as hoemrism) ignoarnce and chauvinism wanted to actually play for FREE in the Nba.

bogdanrom
08-07-2009, 12:48 AM

You're just stupid. How do you know that he doesn't want to play for Minnesota because they are not a big city team like LA, NY,? Did he tell you that? Then you should probably be working for ESPN. Actually he said he doesn't care about what team he plays for as long as he plays in the NBA. I'm not saying that he is going to be as good as some are saying he is but stop acting like little bit ches and saying he's a jerk and talking **** about him like you know his situation. In reality few people who exactly what he's thinking. And he said he was a little mad that Minnesota selected Flynn right after him but his primary concern was that if he picked after the 3rd pick he didn't have enough money to cover his buyout clause in Spain. So next time just keep you mouth shut.

vash9
08-07-2009, 01:47 AM
i honestly can care less if he does play in the NBA or not, but if he does get in the NBA, i wouldn't mind watching him.

solefans
08-07-2009, 01:52 AM
Some people seems unhappy with Roy!

boeknows
08-07-2009, 02:26 AM

When Kahn met with him he actually did say that he wouldnt mind playing in Minny. But i guess we can take ur word over that of Rubio's and the GM.

Arac
08-07-2009, 03:02 AM
I dislike Rubio. Not entirely because of his buyout thing, but I really dislike Brandon Jennings. I hate anybody that yaps their mouths before they prove anything. Lottery pick in a bad draft, I wanna see what he gots.

boeknows
08-07-2009, 03:06 AM
I dislike Rubio. Not entirely because of his buyout thing, but I really dislike Brandon Jennings. I hate anybody that yaps their mouths before they prove anything. Lottery pick in a bad draft, I wanna see what he gots.

What is Rubio yapping? His dad was i dont think Rubio has ever said anything.

Trouble87
08-07-2009, 03:21 AM
he's not coming to the knicks.... hope he turns into the second coming of Marko Jaric

solefans
08-07-2009, 03:34 AM
Poor guy! He got lots of criticizing

tland22
08-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Poor guy! He got lots of criticizing

Rubio loves the attention...he is like a little girl. Dont feel bad for him.

Hellcrooner
08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
Rubio himself has not open his mouth in the whole summer.

prs
08-07-2009, 04:23 PM
cute how people dislike him based on misconceptions.

I hope he some how manages to play in the NBA next season but the whole situation is really stupid. 8.2 million buyout for a contract not even close to a million dollars? ok...

zamudio_jorge
08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
i dont understand why people talk S... of rubio, you're blinds, deaf or ********?? is easy talk garbage, but DKV Joventut not making easy his wishes. If you talk S... would be about DKV Joventut.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-07-2009, 04:30 PM
Rubio a BEAST!

AI4MVP
08-07-2009, 04:31 PM
reports from Spanish websites are now saying that he has informed his SPanish club DKV Joventut that he will remain with them for the remainder of his 2 year contract.

tland22
08-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Rubio is an attention whore.... thats it. No beef with the teams...beef with the player.

PurpleJesus
08-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Rubio hasnt been causing any drama at all, its all Joventut. Rubio has said he wants to play with the wolves next season, unfortunately, that decision isnt his to make unless he can come up with the money. Thats why you hear the reports of him checking all his options. People are calling him overrated and he hasnt even played a game yet...thats like calling Blake Griffin overrated, it makes no sense, he hasnt played an NBA game yet.

Jays Claw
08-07-2009, 04:43 PM
This guy again? :sigh:

cowboyz180
08-07-2009, 06:07 PM
wow, when will this end???

WSU Tony
08-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Some of you are so ignorant to the situation you should keep your mouths shut. Honestly, how can you have an opinion on this if you haven't been following it? Don't tell Rubio to shut his mouth if your commenting with ignorance in your corner.

tland22
08-07-2009, 08:36 PM
No ignorance here

WSU Tony
08-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Rubio is an attention whore.... thats it. No beef with the teams...beef with the player.

No ignorance here

Feel free to quote Rubio to prove your theory that he is an "attention whore." If you can, that is. ;)

Hellcrooner
08-07-2009, 08:49 PM
reports from Spanish websites are now saying that he has informed his SPanish club DKV Joventut that he will remain with them for the remainder of his 2 year contract.

Its an strategy to try to force his club to allow him to go to the nba.
Ok there is the story

1 Dkv Jouventut has a HUGHE tax debt with the Spanish government,

2 A Bank loaned them the money.

3 the bank took as a guarantee Rubios Buyout Clause.

4 Rubio didnt know about that.

5 Draft came, had he been drafted 1 , 2 or 3 the saalrie scale woudl allow him to pay his buyout out of his own pocket, hppy ending.

6 He fell to 5th place, the money of 5th pick is not enough.

7 Real Madrid offers 3,5 millions to Dkv jouventut in cash.

8 Since his value will fgo dwon if he stays Jouventut accepts Real offer.

9 Rubio DOES not want to go to REal, he wants to go to Nba or wait the two years at Jouventut and then not need to lose all his cash.

10 David Khan can only ofer 500k but reunites with rubios family and talks about him paying h 80% of is salary and that he will reunite some money from sponsors.

11 David Khan is able to add 1 million euros from sponsors.

500k nba alowed +1 million + 1 million from rubios contract after taxes

2, 45 millions of euros.

12 Khan travels to badalona and offers that in cash and offers to play two ame sagint jouventut so the can make cash at the gates, puls a % in future incomings from sponsors.

13 ****ing bastard Dkv gm does not believe in future % he wants cash NOW

14 Real keeps the 3,5 offer.

15 Rubio says he does not want to play for real he would prefer to go to nb nif not stay with his friends and enviroment in badalona

16 Barcelona (just 1 mile away from badalona) offers ricky a contract he likes.

17 barcelona knowing ricky wodl play for them lowballs an offer to Jouventut of 3 millions

18 Dkv says No, because 1 they ned the mney and they need it now and reals offer is nicer and 2 Barcelona and Badalona are foes like Chi an Det.

19 Rubio decides to play strong and says he has a contract and that he will report to the team to force the ball into their roof, they need the money so much so they will need to either accept Minnies or Barcelonas ofer.

20 Dkv says if he stays he will not play a minute to try to force him into real madrid.

So the situation now is a poker game between the needs of money for Jouvnetut and Rickys desier to play,

If he is wise enouhg he will keep his actual statement BECaUSE.

1 If he stays and they dont play them he will be able to put a lawsuit against them and the judges may force them to get him free.

2 if he stays and does not play inthe whole year he will be eligible for the draft again so minnie would have lost their pick wich means they may trade his rights to NY or LA or MIA and there they will probably be ble to reunite the whole buyout from sponsors.

If he is man enough to take the gambit and go on saying he wont go to real but stay....
In My opinion 50% chance he gets traded to barcelona

25% chance wolves trade him to another team just after the eurochampionship an he comes to the nba.

25% chance he sits out until decemebr or january and the team out of desperation for the money accepts wolves offer.

WSU Tony
08-07-2009, 08:53 PM
No ignorance here

And you think YOUR up to date on the Rubio situation. :laugh:

Hellcrooner
08-07-2009, 08:55 PM
i forgot to include a midle step on the story.

bfore the draft Rubo sued jouventut in order for judges to make his buyout lower

after the draft jouventut Gm said he would not negotiatie with anyone unless he retired the sue.

Rubio believed in is words and retired it thinking he woudl accept khans offer.

But the bastard said NO.

Hellcrooner
08-07-2009, 09:02 PM
This is the man you should hate

http://www.penya.com/fotos/historia2/web-castella/mites/image/villacampa01.jpg

on his playing days

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordi_Villacampa

I guess he is jealous of ricky since he became in the Nbas radar in this game buti he end no one offered him a contract. :

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_e_7q7f7F9ro/Sc4Tf7BubyI/AAAAAAAAAYw/07eVKO-wgE4/s400/bscap0004.jpg

Lakers won by one point.

DetroitRipCity
08-07-2009, 09:12 PM
I'm already sick of this guy, he hasn't even played a game yet.

me too and he isnt going to do anything... those passes in his "highlight" reels are going to get eaten up by top NBA defenders I bet he averages over 5 TOPG when he actually does play

WSU Tony
08-07-2009, 09:18 PM
me too and he isnt going to do anything... those passes in his "highlight" reels are going to get eaten up by top NBA defenders I bet he averages over 5 TOPG when he actually does play

So you agree you are sick of hearing of him because he's never played a minute...... Yet you say he won't ever do anything in the NBA despite the fact that you JUST MENTIONED he's never played a minute!

:laugh:

Where's KG?
08-07-2009, 09:46 PM
Hello Rubio Haters, this message is directed towards you. Give the kid a break, he's freakin 18 years old. All that we keep hearing is never from Rubio, it's the media. Be sick of the media not him. I'm sick of hearing about "Spanish Websites", His Dad, ESPN and all the other sources that have no to very few actual words from Rubio himself. It's also very nice to see the maturity level of those that say ******* Rubio. He's an 18 year old puppet that wants to play in the NBA, and is basically owned by a team overseas. So really, IF YOU ARE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT....WHY THE ******* ARE YOU N THIS THREAD?

DetroitRipCity
08-08-2009, 01:23 PM
So you agree you are sick of hearing of him because he's never played a minute...... Yet you say he won't ever do anything in the NBA despite the fact that you JUST MENTIONED he's never played a minute!

:laugh:

im sick of hearing about how he is going to be soo great because of some stupid passes he made in the Euro league dude is going to get destroyed in the NBA

tland22
08-08-2009, 04:13 PM
just give me someone to hate... jeeeez! LOL

Hellcrooner
08-08-2009, 04:40 PM
^osama ¿

bogdanrom
08-08-2009, 05:29 PM
No ignorance here

No No you're not ignorant at all. You're just calling some one who's situation you have no idea about a girl and all other stuff. No you're not ignorant.

solefans
08-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Rubio himself has not open his mouth in the whole summer.

Why did he chose to be silent?

MajorFloridaFan
08-09-2009, 01:12 AM
he is coming..i hope for your teams fate he is not another fran vazquez

Jasonkid
08-12-2009, 08:40 PM
Oh,that's bad!

Hellcrooner
08-12-2009, 08:45 PM
if he COMES he can be anything but not a Fran Vazquez,

who by the way will join orlando next season.

too bad for him that he should have gon to orlando 2 years ago, he wold be a starter

now they have comited money to gortat and bass so he will warm the injury list and bottom of the becnh

IBleedPurple
08-12-2009, 08:48 PM
I find it funny how Rubio/Wolves fans seem to place zero blame on Rubio himself.

NBA-GMaster
08-12-2009, 11:03 PM
Rubio's SUCKS because of not playing in the NBA.. He agree and let his name to the draft then he wont play because of his greediness!! You should name yourself Ricky "MoneyFace" Rubio..

WSU Tony
08-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I find it funny how Rubio/Wolves fans seem to place zero blame on Rubio himself.

Rubio is handcuffed. He DOES want to come over. There is NOTHING he can do, he has 2 years left on his contract.

Tom2634
08-12-2009, 11:17 PM
Rubio's SUCKS because of not playing in the NBA.. He agree and let his name to the draft then he wont play because of his greediness!! You should name yourself Ricky "MoneyFace" Rubio..

Just...stop talking.

Of all of the people in sports today, and possibly for the last 50 years, Ricky has the best reason to want more money. He is the rare example of a player needing more money to play, rather than wanting more money to play.

I hope that wasn't too long for you to read, because god knows you haven't read anything else about the situation.

asandhu23
08-12-2009, 11:26 PM

I am not a Wolves fan but i know Rubio's goddamned situation. he is stuck because his team's manager loves money. i wanted him on warriors because we need a pass first guy like him. but we have steph curry now and he's impressed me enough. I really hope David Stern finally forks out some money and gets this guy in NBA

asandhu23
08-12-2009, 11:27 PM
Just...stop talking.

Of all of the people in sports today, and possibly for the last 50 years, Ricky has the best reason to want more money. He is the rare example of a player needing more money to play, rather than wanting more money to play.

I hope that wasn't too long for you to read, because god knows you haven't read anything else about the situation.

well said. :clap::clap::clap:

Jasonkid
08-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Good news for him!

tland22
08-13-2009, 11:45 AM
^^^ what is good news for him?

Hellcrooner
08-13-2009, 12:48 PM
the minute stern removes stupid 500k limit in bbuyouts rubio would be here in the first plane.

tommyissac
08-14-2009, 11:01 AM
wow, when will this end???
Who knows it?

allenking
08-14-2009, 08:51 PM
Europe is good for him!

KICK-AY
08-15-2009, 12:44 AM
Yahoo:There is a “50-50” chance the Minnesota Timberwolves’ heralded draft pick Ricky Rubio will play for the NBA team next season, a source close to Rubio told Yahoo! Sports on Thursday. Another source indicated that the team’s chances might even be better than that.

“They are becoming much more optimistic that they are going to get him,” an Eastern Conference executive told Yahoo! Sports.

The source in Rubio’s camp said it would behoove the Timberwolves to move swiftly in trying to secure Rubio, as there also is strong interest in him from international teams, and Rubio is expected to make a decision soon.

While not divulging Rubio’s preference, the source added that the Timberwolves’ choice for their next coach among ABC NBA analyst Mark Jackson, Los Angeles Lakers assistant coach Kurt Rambis and Houston Rockets assistant coach Elston Turner also will factor into Rubio’s decision as to whether to join Minnesota. The team is expected to hire a coach as early as Friday or as late as Monday, a source has told Yahoo! Sports. Jackson is being viewed as the front-runner for the position.

Minnesota has pledged to pay a maximum of $500,000 toward Rubio’s mammoth $8.2 buyout clause with his current club, Spain DKV Joventut. Spain Regal FC Barcelona reportedly also is interested in the fifth overall pick in this year’s NBA Draft. Rubio is expected to depart from DKV Joventut even if he and the Timberwolves cannot reach a deal. Via solefans (http://www.solefans.com)

Good info!!

lorenz00
08-15-2009, 12:56 AM
LOl rubio

missionboy
08-15-2009, 12:28 PM
What a poor guy!!!

PurpleJesus
08-15-2009, 12:53 PM
the minute stern removes stupid 500k limit in bbuyouts rubio would be here in the first plane.

I used to think the 500K limit was stupid, but what happens when david stern removes that limit? European team will start putting buyouts at 13 and 14 million. BY keeping that 500K limit, european teams know they cant put the buyout at whatever they want

missionboy
08-16-2009, 01:05 AM
I used to think the 500K limit was stupid, but what happens when david stern removes that limit? European team will start putting buyouts at 13 and 14 million. BY keeping that 500K limit, european teams know they cant put the buyout at whatever they want
Good analysis

Hellcrooner
08-16-2009, 02:57 AM
the thing is players ownt accept such high buyouts.

and by the way euro teams are not much worried about letting their players go to nba as they are about them not walking to rivals in euroleague.

as fact Rubios buyut is higer for other euro clubs than for Nba.

Ebbs
08-16-2009, 03:09 AM
Go back to Spain you *****

blazerman
08-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Lets hope so!

PurpleJesus
08-16-2009, 03:30 AM
the thing is players ownt accept such high buyouts.

and by the way euro teams are not much worried about letting their players go to nba as they are about them not walking to rivals in euroleague.

as fact Rubios buyut is higer for other euro clubs than for Nba.

Ive seen your posts, and I value them, you usually speak good english, but im not sure what you are saying here. Please clarify, not disrespecting you here, just not sure what your saying.

missionboy
08-16-2009, 07:22 AM
Barcelona or Real Madrid?

saverubio
08-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I'v seen this boy playing in his middle school! He's not bad.So don't be so hard on this boy.I wish he could be better in the future no matter where he goes!

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Rubio is an eight minute per game Euro-League backup.
Wherever he plays, he won't be worth the cost of the buyout.
Or his contract.

This is likely to go down as one of the worst draft selections in recent history.
I'm loving my Wizards for being smart enough to not draft Ricky Ricardo Rubio.
Yes, he is 18. Yes, he could be the next Stockton, Kidd, Nash.
The odds are so stacked against it that the T-Wolves will be lucky to get any notable production out of Rubio.

If the NBA plans on going "Over The Pond" in the very near future, then I can see why all this hype might be surrounding Rubio. That would be a typical David Stern move. But let's be honest here. Rubio isn't going to be the next great European player, even if he is everything the T-Wolves were hoping for when they drafted him.

Lo Porto
08-16-2009, 10:41 AM
Rubio would already be in the NBA if he could play for a big market team. It would be great for the NBA on so many levels if Minnesota would just trade Rubio to the Knicks:

1. Rubio would go to the biggest market so he wouldn't have to worry about the buyout as much
2. The NBA is a better place when there is a good buzz around the Knicks
3. David Lee's unfortunate situation would end because he'd be signed and traded to get Rubio

Rubio and Cardinal for Lee - fair for both teams. Minny actually would save money since Rubio and Cardinal would combine to make more than Lee as long as Lee makes no more than $10 million. Lee next to Jefferson is a top notch front court. Flynn would be their PG of the future. The Knicks resolve the Lee situation and get their PG of the future.

This trade would be a happy end to all of this madness. If he goes to Europe, that sucks for everybody.

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2009, 10:59 AM
Rubio would already be in the NBA if he could play for a big market team.

Upon what flawed logic is this based?

Lo Porto
08-16-2009, 11:08 AM
Rubio needs help to pay off the buyout to his Euro team. The marketing and endorsements of a large market would make him feel easier about paying off his buyout. He and his people have both said this. The buyout is around $4 million which is his rookie salary. The extra endorsements he'd get in NY, LA, even Sacramento would be added in a help. As said prior to the draft, Rubio might not come over if he got drafted by OKC or Minn. That's why OKC went the other way and why Minnesota was originally blasted for taking him.

That is why there was so much Minny to NY buzz right after the draft. If that trade would have happened, Rubio would have already been here. The extra couple million in endorsements would have him here already. Unfortunately, Minny GM Kahn has been boneheaded by drafting him and then not trading him. Now it becomes a circus. It's not good for the NBA if he stays in Europe. 6 months ago, he was the #1 player for the draft and now he's snubbing the league.

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2009, 12:05 PM
Rubio needs help to pay off the buyout to his Euro team. The marketing and endorsements of a large market would make him feel easier about paying off his buyout. He and his people have both said this. The buyout is around $4 million which is his rookie salary. The extra endorsements he'd get in NY, LA, even Sacramento would be added in a help. As said prior to the draft, Rubio might not come over if he got drafted by OKC or Minn. That's why OKC went the other way and why Minnesota was originally blasted for taking him.

That is why there was so much Minny to NY buzz right after the draft. If that trade would have happened, Rubio would have already been here. The extra couple million in endorsements would have him here already. Unfortunately, Minny GM Kahn has been boneheaded by drafting him and then not trading him. Now it becomes a circus. It's not good for the NBA if he stays in Europe. 6 months ago, he was the #1 player for the draft and now he's snubbing the league.

You do understand the buyout has to be paid BEFORE Rubio can even sign an NBA contract, let alone play an NBA game. Even that aside, nobody is lining up to have Rubio endorse their products. He doesn't have to play in a big market to get endorsements. That argument is completely overblown and fallacious. The endorsement deals would come to him if he was the next big thing. Nobody is going to line up to have Rubio endorse their product when there is no guarantee of him playing in the States.

Rubio had to make a certain amount of guaranteed money up front to pay off his buyout. He wasn't drafted high enough to make the needed amount, and therefore he can either play here for nothing this season, or he can play in Europe.

His agent and his father are both uber-******** and he should part ways with both of them on a business level. He's a 18 year old kid who was given bad advice and took it because he didn't and couldn't have known any better.

Hellcrooner
08-16-2009, 02:50 PM
its 4 million EUROS nt dollars thats 7 million dollars so no his rookie salary wont allow him to pay his bbuy out thats what he was pissed going 5, stupid fegan ****ed him, had he worked out for okc mem and sac he would have been picked 4th at worst and payedhis buyout

Beno7500
08-16-2009, 03:22 PM
Come play so Tyreke can shut you down.

MajorFloridaFan
08-16-2009, 04:04 PM
Rubio is an eight minute per game Euro-League backup.
Wherever he plays, he won't be worth the cost of the buyout.
Or his contract.

This is likely to go down as one of the worst draft selections in recent history.
I'm loving my Wizards for being smart enough to not draft Ricky Ricardo Rubio.
Yes, he is 18. Yes, he could be the next Stockton, Kidd, Nash.
The odds are so stacked against it that the T-Wolves will be lucky to get any notable production out of Rubio.

If the NBA plans on going "Over The Pond" in the very near future, then I can see why all this hype might be surrounding Rubio. That would be a typical David Stern move. But let's be honest here. Rubio isn't going to be the next great European player, even if he is everything the T-Wolves were hoping for when they drafted him.

him and fran vasquez

DCSportsIsPain
08-16-2009, 05:20 PM
him and fran vasquez

If Rubio was "All That And A Bag Of Dicks" then there are a lot of different options as far as who could pay his buyout aside from the T-Wolves. So far, nobody seems to think Ricky Rubio is worth the price of the buyout.

boeknows
08-16-2009, 11:46 PM

Go back to you mothers basement until u know the whole situation.

Hellcrooner
08-17-2009, 12:04 AM
he said today that he will either stay in jouvenut or go to barcelona an that he will join the wolves in 2011.

Well he will develop more specially if wolves send specific trainers to work out in his phisic and etc.

But i think is a BIG MISTAKE on his part to allow FLynn to take TWO FULL and SHINY ( sicne he will look very good and score a lot) of advantage on him.

He may very welll join the team to be areserve even if he is BETTER and hs more ceilling than FLynn jsut because he allowed Flynn to take the fan base on his favour and win coaches respect.

On the other hand he will be just 20!!! upon arrival

missionboy
08-17-2009, 08:54 PM
he said today that he will either stay in jouvenut or go to barcelona an that he will join the wolves in 2011.

Well he will develop more specially if wolves send specific trainers to work out in his phisic and etc.

But i think is a BIG MISTAKE on his part to allow FLynn to take TWO FULL and SHINY ( sicne he will look very good and score a lot) of advantage on him.

He may very welll join the team to be areserve even if he is BETTER and hs more ceilling than FLynn jsut because he allowed Flynn to take the fan base on his favour and win coaches respect.

On the other hand he will be just 20!!! upon arrival

Wolves would accept him?

Hellcrooner
08-17-2009, 09:33 PM
woles dont have to accpt anything they knew about the buy out when they drafted him.

put the money or shut up and wait.

missionboy
08-18-2009, 05:10 AM
Maybe he's not worthy it

_Supreme_
08-18-2009, 06:05 AM
Rubio can't afford such a large buyout amount and as far as I know others aren't allowed to pay it for him (only up to $500.000 which nowhere near covers it).

So as long as those buyout rules are in place that simply is the end of the story = no Rubio in the NBA anytime soon.

Not much point to keep debating it.

saverubio
08-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Rubio can't afford such a large buyout amount and as far as I know others aren't allowed to pay it for him (only up to $500.000 which nowhere near covers it).

So as long as those buyout rules are in place that simply is the end of the story = no Rubio in the NBA anytime soon.

Not much point to keep debating it.

Sounds reasonable

saverubio
08-18-2009, 10:55 AM
Quote:
The Knicks have closed off negotiations with all free agent point guards until next week. I think they’re making a push for Rubio and if that fails, then they’ll reopen talks with their other options,” says the source.

“Kahn and [Knicks' President] Donnie Walsh are close and New York is looking for a cheap point guard who could help attract free agents next summer. Rubio fits that mold. I think that’s what this latest trip to Spain is about, working something out with New York.”

The Knicks have been in talks with multiple free agent point guards, most notably Ramon Sessions.