PDA

View Full Version : Rashard Lewis Suspended 10 Games

EastCoastBaller
08-06-2009, 04:12 PM
http://www.nba.com/magic/news/Lewis_Suspended-321190-2348.html

NEW YORK, Aug. 6, 2009 – Rashard Lewis of the Orlando Magic has been suspended without pay for ten games for violating the terms of the NBA/NBPA Anti-Drug Program by testing positive for an elevated testosterone level, it was announced today by the NBA. Lewis’ suspension will begin with the first game of the 2009-10 NBA regular season for which he is eligible and physically able to play.

Rashard Lewis Statement:

“First and foremost I take full responsibility for the situation and accept the corresponding penalty.

Toward the end of the season I took an over-the-counter supplement which at the time I did not realize included a substance banned by the NBA.

I apologize to Magic fans, my teammates and this organization for not doing the research that should come with good judgment.

I hope this unintentional mistake will not reflect poorly on our team and its great character.

I hope every athlete can learn from my mistake that supplements, no matter how innocent they seem, should only be taken after consulting an expert in the field.”

Jahari Kavi
08-06-2009, 04:15 PM
damn.....could mean a lot considering orlando, cleveland, and boston are all battling for homecourt.........

Gibby23
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
He took steroids?

*Superman*
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
:( Wow, i honestly think it was a mistake, if anything i would expect Dwight,

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orl-rashard-lewis-tests-positive-steroids,0,1959796.story

*Superman*
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
Wow just made this thread.

kswissdaf
08-06-2009, 04:17 PM
sure doesnt look like he did roids he is skinny

MiamiHeat
08-06-2009, 04:18 PM
^ maybe he was just starting to use them? :shrug:

but wow this was out of the blue

Raph12
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
lol wow unexpected, Dwight would've been my first guess and my last for the Magic also lol. Good to know that it was an honest mistake (or so he says)

28+24+5=3champs
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
i didnt even know they tested for roids in the nba. i really just thought it was for weed and coke and that type of stuff

Raph12
08-06-2009, 04:21 PM
ye started at the end of last season and apparently he didn't know that the NBA had banned one of the ingredients in the supplement he was taking, but techinically steriods don't have to increase your size, alot of other athletes use them to help increase athletic ability

AMC31
08-06-2009, 04:22 PM
He didn't take it by accident, ofcourse he's going to say that, he's a cheater and that's it

AMC31
08-06-2009, 04:25 PM
ye started at the end of last season and apparently he didn't know that the nba had banned one of the ingredients in the supplement he was taking, but techinically steriods don't have to increase your size, alot of other athletes use them to help increase athletic ability

cheater

EastCoastBaller
08-06-2009, 04:25 PM
Wow just made this thread.

I made this thread 1 minute before you.

Brooklyn Mets
08-06-2009, 04:26 PM
haha didnt expect this at all..

JWO35
08-06-2009, 04:27 PM
lol

He got caught slipping :laugh:

Draco
Could have been an honest mistake...

fairandbalanced
LOL....he had to prove to everyone, that he's worth every penny of the $100 mil plus money he got.

D1JM
I think gasol is on steroids too. He grows facial hair quick lol

*Superman*

Yeah i know, i wasn't saying it like i that, just that i just finished making mine. Its cool no big, they will probably keep yours since it has more posts anyways.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 04:28 PM
What he tested positive for isn't the type of steroid you take to get big. It is a naturally occurring steroid in the human body...that has nothing to do with muscle building. It's used in dietary supplements. It's believed that it actually increases in estrogen levels more than testosterone levels in men

I may be bias...but I legitimately think it could have been just a mistake.

prodigy
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
freakin cheaters.

*Superman*
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
What he tested positive for isn't the type of steroid you take to get big. It is a naturally occurring steroid in the human body...that has nothing to do with muscle building. It's used in dietary supplements. It's believed that it actually increases in estrogen levels more than testosterone levels in men

Agree, we know that Shard isn't that type of person, well, this opens up some doors now, this will move Bass to start at the 4, with Anderson seeing solid back up minutes.

Jays Claw
08-06-2009, 04:31 PM
Very unexpected.

mitch91
08-06-2009, 04:32 PM
wow that was out of the blue....though his statement seems truthfull. 10games may not seem like a lot to some but it could be the diff in orl getting the first spot in the nba or the east to only being the 3rd seed in the east. i doubt they go under 50% in the first ten games however they might lose a game or two that they could have won had they had lewis!

ManRam
08-06-2009, 04:33 PM
You guys need to read up on things before you accuse.

What he tested positive for is something found in dietary supplements. It is even found in over-the-counter supplements. It does not build muscle. It isn't the type of steroid that people think of when you think of performance enhancing.

"a randomized placebo-controlled trial found that DHEA supplementation had no (statistically significant) effect on lean body mass, strength, or testosterone levels"

Stop calling him a cheater. He took a suplement, after the season...that had an illegal substance. He wasn't injecting anabolic steroids in his butt.

Jays Claw
08-06-2009, 04:33 PM
A moderator needs to merge both threads.

AMC31
08-06-2009, 04:34 PM
So I guess he took the Orlando Magic Testosterone Potion

JWO35
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
They coming for Dwight next...

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 04:36 PM
Maybe the Raptors can beat the Magic in their 2nd game of the season now.

*Superman*
freakin cheaters.

Quit you whining it was toward the end of the season.

jimbobjarree
everybody makes mistakes, still love you shard.

lets see what Bass is made of then

cubulls
They coming for Dwight next...

:nod::nod::nod:

AMC31
He's a big fat cheater, of course he's going to say it was a "mistake" all athletes say that

zambo4president
Damn Shard say it aint so.

Macedonian
08-06-2009, 04:38 PM
You're THE MAN! :clap:

*Superman*
08-06-2009, 04:41 PM
everybody makes mistakes, still love you shard.

lets see what Bass is made of then

:clap: It was something over the counter, just had some stupid ingredient that the NBA bans, nothing big.

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Guess it will be between Boston and Cleveland for the #1 seed.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 04:42 PM
He's a big fat cheater, of course he's going to say it was a "mistake" all athletes say that

READ!

Can you buy anabolic steroids over the counter at your local Walgreens? NO. You can buy what he tested positive for over the counter anywhere. It is found in DIETARY supplements. He didn't visit Manny's cousin in the DR to get some roids. He took a dietary supplement with a banned substance in it.

The substance dehydroepiandrosterone helps fight cardiovascular disease, and had no effect on lean body mass, strength, with a minor increase in testosterone levels.

He got caught for one of the thousands of substances banned by the NBA. It isn't a muscle building, performance enhancing drug. It's only found in over-the-counter drugs. You don't use it like a PED.

DaVille
08-06-2009, 04:44 PM
This is what happened. Rashard covering for his boy "Superman". I don't know how? But you know "Superman" bulk is unnatural.

uptown0364
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
Wow Orlando cheated and should be stripped of their Eastern Conference Championship. Steroids don't just make you big, they help with endurance, speed, calf strength(jumping), etc. Hopefully this opens the door for other NBA players to get busted (Lebron, Dwight, Oden, etc). They should hang out with Dale and Antonio Davis, Kevin Willis, and Karl Malone.

fast_break
08-06-2009, 04:45 PM
he got the pills from Dwight

ManRam
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
And, if he got busted in the off-season, if he was taking this during the season, I'm pretty sure he would have gotten busted earlier. His story totally works out. It is found over the counter. It is found in dietary substances, and he got busted after the season...not to mention he got busted for something that doesn't enhance physical performance.

He isn't a steroid user. People are so quick to judge. Read up on things before you call him a cheater.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 04:46 PM
It's kind of funny that Rashard was caught but Howard was clean.

yanksknicksgmen
08-06-2009, 04:47 PM
he doesnt look like he took steroids at all hes skinny

ManRam
Wow Orlando cheated and should be stripped of their Eastern Conference Championship. Steroids don't just make you big, they help with endurance, speed, calf strength(jumping), etc. Hopefully this opens the door for other NBA players to get busted (Lebron, Dwight, Oden, etc). They should hang out with Dale and Antonio Davis, Kevin Willis, and Karl Malone.

He didn't get busted for an anabolic steroid. You are jumping the gun...BIG TIME.

And you'd think if he was taking something the NBA could test for all season long...that he'd get busted before the off-season? Right...

Lakerfan In NY
What in gods green earth do you need roids in B-Ball? I guess he got tried of getting everyone posting himi up. But since we are at it: Check D. Howard, J Nelson & Lebron b/c none of them looked like that in High school or college then BAM....they're HUGE....

GoatMilk
08-06-2009, 04:48 PM
i think it sounds worse than it is.

GoatMilk
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
he doesnt look like he took steroids at all hes skinny

your a yankee fan. that means you know who Bronson Arroyo is. He used to be on the Red Sox.

look at him
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_WOLrEkLUxtk/SFlxUF_T83I/AAAAAAAAAB8/waa2J-t3hwk/s400/Bronson+Arroyo.jpg

he admitted he was on stuff back in 2003/2004
he's even skinnier

ManRam
08-06-2009, 04:49 PM
Everyone...please read up on what he got busted for before you get ahead of yourselves.

READ THIS (http://www.umm.edu/altmed/articles/dehydroepiandrosterone-dhea-000299.htm)

Athletic performance

Although DHEA supplements are widely used by athletes and body builders to boost muscle mass and burn fat, there is little evidence to support these claims. There are few published clinical studies of the long-term effects of taking DHEA, particularly in the large doses used by athletes. Plus, the building blocks of testosterone, including DHEA, may adversely affect cholesterol in male athletes by lowering high density lipoprotein (HDL or "good") cholesterol.

The_Mac22
08-06-2009, 04:50 PM
lol

AMC31
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
He didn't get busted for an anabolic steroid. You are jumping the gun...BIG TIME.

And you'd think if he was taking something the NBA could test for all season long...that he'd get busted before the off-season? Right...

Someone is a little biased today, I don't feel like fighting with a Red Sox bandwagoner anyway

Jays52
08-06-2009, 04:52 PM
What a joke. What do you all expect him to say? " I knew what I was doing...didn't think I'd get caught?" He knew damn well and is now a cheater in my books.

GoatMilk
08-06-2009, 04:53 PM
yeah i honestly think most of you are overreacting and it's nothing

back to bball, it was already said in here. looks like HCA is between Boston and Cleveland

heyman321
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

See how ManRam responds lol

aZekuiS
Dwight probaly hooked him up with all sorts of steroids.

B.JenningsMVP
08-06-2009, 04:54 PM
:pity:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 04:54 PM
I would have though Lewis would have learned from his brother to stay on side god side of the law.

http://sports.gearlive.com/blogimages/rashard_lewis.jpg

http://manolomen.com/images/TI%20in%20tattersall.jpg

http://www.bet.com/Assets/BET/Published/image/jpeg/83386c95-373a-00d2-6bec-22a7f12817a0-msc_fb_TISpecial_ti0508_jr066.jpg

CraigtheSoxFan
08-06-2009, 04:56 PM
wow who knew you can take the roids in the nba

hockeypro68
Orlando will still be #1 seed. This suspension will have no impact.

GoatMilk
dwight had to be on seomthing

maybe not illegal, but he got WAY big fast

ManRam
Someone is a little biased today, I don't feel like fighting with a Red Sox bandwagoner anyway

At least I looked into what he took. IT ISN'T AN ANABOLIC STEROID.

Think about it.

1. He just got busted, for the first time. They've been testing for years.
2. DHEA is very common in over-the-counter dietary supplements.
3. There is not one scientific proof that it helps enhance physical performance.
4. Look at the man. He's as lean as possible. His frame hasn't changed since he was 18.

Call me bias if you want...but you read an article, and immediately assumed he was injecting anabolic steroids in his butt. I'll call you a misinformed person.

And yeah...I'm a band wagoner. Riiiight. Real mature to resort to that. Let's see. I grew up in Orlanod (no Rays or Marlins). Had a summer house in Cape Cod (wow...a baseball team nearby). My parents were born and raised in Boston. Okay...I'm a bandwagon fan. You win.

AMC31
08-06-2009, 04:57 PM
Omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! Cheater!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

LOL, he bought it over the counter at Drug Mart!!! Not his fault!! :rolleyes:

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 04:57 PM
At least I looked into what he took. IT ISN'T AN ANABOLIC STEROID.

Think about it.

1. He just got busted, for the first time. They've been testing for years.
2. DHEA is very common in over-the-counter dietary supplements.
3. There is not one scientific proof that it helps enhance physical performance.
4. Look at the man. He's as lean as possible. His frame hasn't changed since he was 18.

Call me bias if you want...but you read an article, and immediately assumed he was injecting anabolic steroids in his butt. I'll call you a misinformed person.

And yeah...I'm a band wagoner. Riiiight. Real mature to resort to that. Let's see. I grew up in Orlanod (no Rays or Marlins). Had a summer house in Cape Cod (wow...a baseball team nearby). My parents were born and raised in Boston. Okay...I'm a bandwagon fan. You win.

You need to chill.

You know half the people are just trying to mess with you.

3neSoulja
08-06-2009, 04:58 PM
Lmao Dwight is just a beast he aent on roids you guys are clowns and just jealous he aent on your team

ManRam
08-06-2009, 04:59 PM

It's stupid. Yes. He took a banned substance. But people are so quick to jump to conclusions it isn't even funny. I've just read 20 different web sites, journals and medical pages over the last 30 minutes to figure out what exactly he got busted for. Everyone else just resorts to "he's a cheater". Yes, he cheated. But if you look at what he took...you'll realize what he got busted for is something 50% of people who take over-the-counter supplements would be busted for too.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:00 PM
You need to chill.

You know half the people are just trying to mess with you.

I need to chill? I haven't made fun of anyone...I haven't called anyone out. I'm just doing research, and posting what I've found...since it's clear no one else wants to.

cowboyz180
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
yea i saw this on espn. This was so unexpected

Wiz kids
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
That's sad that now basketball is in the midst of a steroids now.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
I need to chill? I haven't made fun of anyone...I haven't called anyone out. I'm just doing research, and posting what I've found...since it's clear no one else wants to.

I meant you need to stop posting all these post because a lot of us already know what he did.

They are just messing around with you.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-06-2009, 05:05 PM
Orlando will still be #1 seed. This suspension will have no impact.

i dont see it! its either cleveland or boston and orlando will be a bust

CraigtheSoxFan
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
well atlest kg did not take the roids lol

RaiderLakersA's
08-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Wow!

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Last thing I'll say...and I'll let everyone keep this steroid talk going...

Can you buy anabolic steroids...the ones that make you big, the ones baseball players take, the ones that you inject, the "clean" and the "clear" etc. at Walgreens without a prescription? No.

Can you buy Dehydroepiandrosterone (found basically only in dietary supplements) at Walgreen's for 20 bucks? Yes.

Is Dehydroepiandrosterone a PED? No.

It was a banned substance. You'd be surprised how many things are banned substances. It's not a steroid in the sense that people think it is.

Jays Claw
08-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Rashard Lewis. :pity:

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:09 PM
I meant you need to stop posting all these post because a lot of us already know what he did.

They are just messing around with you.

Some are. Some think he's Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez and Sammy Sosa...which isn't the case.

SteveNash
08-06-2009, 05:11 PM
They should definitely take away their EC Championship now that they know that it was obtained illegally.

Lakerfan In NY
08-06-2009, 05:12 PM

Sorry to say but it still a steriod. It not a Anabolic Steroids(that helps you build mass) but a steroid never the less. DHEA is an over the counter drug b/c no one really knows what it does to your body. Just like a one point HGH was legal. Im not going to say he cheated, but let's not make this an less serious than it is. It's a banned substance & DHEA is a WELL KNOWN steroid product. Its not like flintstones chewable, you know what your getting when you buy it.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-06-2009, 05:13 PM
Some are. Some think he's Barry Bonds, Manny Ramirez and Sammy Sosa...which isn't the case.

dude i do feel bad for you man

macc
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Well on the positive side of this I'm just glad our team is deep enough it shouldn't kill us. We'll get a early preview of what Ryan Anderson is capable of, coming off the bench with some good min.

In any case when I first started reading it I was waiting to see that he got caught smoking weed. I could see anyone of my players on the team getting caught. Everyone is so laid back all the time. Prob smokin up before game time even. Don't ask where I'm going with this.....I don't even know.

itsripcity32
08-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Guess it will be between Boston and Cleveland for the #1 seed.

10 games w/o him wont hurt being the top seed

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
Sorry to say but it still a steriod. It not a Anabolic Steroids(that helps you build mass) but a steroid never the less. DHEA is an over the counter drug b/c no one really knows what it does to your body. Just like a one point HGH was legal. Im not going to say he cheated, but let's not make this an less serious than it is. It's a banned substance & DHEA is a WELL KNOWN steroid product. Its not like flintstones chewable, you know what your getting when you buy it.

DHEA is the most abundant steroid naturally produced in your body. You know what else is a steroid??? Cortisone shots, birth control pills, stuff that helps fight my auto-immune disease...everything is a steroid.

DHEA-based supplements are one of the most commonly suggested supplement for males over the age of 30. It's such a common thing. My dad takes it. I'm sure in your lifetime, you'll take it.

It's banned...so he cheated. But it doesn't give him an advantage...every study says so. The Mayo clinic says on it's site that it has no muscle building effects.

SteveNash
08-06-2009, 05:21 PM
DHEA is the most abundant steroid naturally produced in your body. You know what else is a steroid??? Cortisone shots, birth control pills, stuff that helps fight my auto-immune disease...everything is a steroid.

DHEA-based supplements are one of the most commonly suggested supplement for males over the age of 30. It's such a common thing. My dad takes it. I'm sure in your lifetime, you'll take it.

It's banned...so he cheated. But it doesn't give him an advantage...every study says so. The Mayo clinic says on it's site that it has no muscle building effects.

Gave him the mental edge to compete at the very least. And that's why he's a cheater.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:22 PM
They should definitely take away their EC Championship now that they know that it was obtained illegally.

Seriously??

He's tested 4+ times a year. He got busted in the off-season. If he was on it all year, he would have been busted before hand.

And it's basketball, not baseball. Even if he was taking an anabolic, muscle building steroid...would it really help him that much. Dude has been the same size since he was 18. In baseball brute strength matters. For a perimeter basketball player...bulk isn't really necessary.

what54!?
08-06-2009, 05:23 PM
well rashard ****ed up up. But 10 games isn't gonna hurt the magic, their deep with wings plus its only 10 games

fast_break
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
raising testosterone levels is known to give you more energy and endurance etc... so yes it does give him an advantage. why would they test for that if it didn't effect an athletes performance?

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Gave him the mental edge to compete at the very least. And that's why he's a cheater.

Do you even know what it is that he got busted for??? Look it up. A mental edge???? Seriously???

You're crazy. I understand why you could be upset about it...but you're going way overboard. He got busted for an illegal substance...after the season. He passed every test during the season. If they detected it now, they would have detected it earlier.

Put an asterix next to their season. Rashard Lewis is a steroid user. His numbers got so much better all of a sudden. He got soo much bigger over the span of one off-season. Hahaha...he's the same guy he's always been

Sports Illustrator
08-06-2009, 05:26 PM
This will be very important to know for when fantasy basketball comes right around the corner. Rashard Lewis' 10 games could essentially be the difference between making or missing the playoffs in a league.

This is surprising news though.

CraigtheSoxFan
08-06-2009, 05:28 PM
10 games w/o him wont hurt being the top seed
they wont be the top seed

ManRam
08-06-2009, 05:29 PM
raising testosterone levels is known to give you more energy and endurance etc... so yes it does give him an advantage. why would they test for that if it didn't effect an athletes performance?

True. And that's why it's bad. But the point is...it isn't an anabolic muscle-building steroid...and that's all I'm getting at. I'm not saying he has done nothing wrong...people just need to realize how common of a substance this is, and how frequently it is used. Again, you don't need to go visit Manny or A-Rod's cousins to get this. You walk into Walgreen's, give the guy 20 bucks, and walk out.

I may be naive, but considering it's abundance in over the counter supplements, and considering he's never been busted before...I sincerely think it was a mistake. It's not hard to notice elevated levels of testosterone. If he had been using during the season, he would have been busted.

SteveNash
08-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Seriously??

He's tested 4+ times a year. He got busted in the off-season. If he was on it all year, he would have been busted before hand.

And it's basketball, not baseball. Even if he was taking an anabolic, muscle building steroid...would it really help him that much. Dude has been the same size since he was 18. In baseball brute strength matters. For a perimeter basketball player...bulk isn't really necessary.

No, a veteran player like Rashard Lewis can receive a drug test no more than 4 times a year. Not 4+. Most of the NBAs drug policy is based on catching rookies. As long as you get by your rookie year. Rashard could have been on drugs for 10 years. And that's why the NBA needs a stronger drug policy.

What we know is that Rashard Lewis knowingly cheated and he should receive harsher punishment than he received.

Do you even know what it is that he got busted for??? Look it up. A mental edge???? Seriously???

You're crazy. I understand why you could be upset about it...but you're going way overboard. He got busted for an illegal substance...after the season. He passed every test during the season. If they detected it now, they would have detected it earlier.

Put an asterix next to their season. Rashard Lewis is a steroid user. His numbers got so much better all of a sudden. He got soo much bigger over the span of one off-season. Hahaha...he's the same guy he's always been

What are you arguing, that it doesn't build muscle? Would that really help a jump shooter like Lewis? No, Rashard cheated to gain an edge over players who have remained cleaned and defended the sanctity of the game.

Rashard Lewis is trying to destroy the NBA by cheating to improve himself for his own selfish goals. He let himself down, he let his team down, he let the entire NBA and its fan base down.

Why are you continuing to defend a delinquent who is bad for the game overall? I know he's on your team, but there comes a time when you have to put your loyalty aside and see Rashard for what he really is, a cheater. A cheater who had an advantage over the good guys that haven't cheated and that is something that the NBA should not allow. And something the fans, even the fans of the Magic should not accept.

Baldyy
08-06-2009, 05:40 PM
magics season was tainted

magichatnumber9
08-06-2009, 05:45 PM
I know ESPN wants to make this a story, but I still thinks its a non story.

johnnychan
08-06-2009, 05:47 PM
everyone needs to shut the **** up its not like he was using ****ing steroids people in this thread are pissing me off

SteveNash
08-06-2009, 05:50 PM
everyone needs to shut the **** up its not like he was using ****ing steroids people in this thread are pissing me off

Yes he was...

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM
after this, just imagine if the magic had won the ring...

AMC31
08-06-2009, 06:00 PM

Um..the reason there was a report is because he did take them

JWO35
08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
LOL

What if the Magic won the Finals, and Rashard Lewis made the game winning shot in game 7....

People would be flipping out!

AMC31
08-06-2009, 06:04 PM
i dont see it! its either cleveland or boston and orlando will be a bust

Thank you lol, I look forward to the Cavs vs. Celtics season opener, and watching my favorite former Indian V-Mart woop on the Yankees :clap:

MacFitz92
08-06-2009, 06:06 PM
That sucks.

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 06:08 PM
i dont know much about drugs and nba, but 10 games ain't that much for steroids consumption, or is it?

(yes, i iknow this almost rips off their chances to be #1 seed, but still...)

IBleedPurple
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
Very surprising. It can happen I guess, and it's not like he was trying to get a roid rage to help him on the court.

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM
LOL

What if the Magic won the Finals, and Rashard Lewis made the game winning shot in game 7....

we had the same idea at the same time, lol

what54!?
08-06-2009, 06:11 PM
i dont know much about drugs and nba, but 10 games ain't that much for steroids consumption, or is it?

(yes, i iknow this almost rips off their chances to be #1 seed, but still...)I don't think they care that much about being the #1 seed. I wouldn't

rhaas74
08-06-2009, 06:12 PM
I personally don't think that this is a long enough suspension. When Manny got busted for a PED he missed 50 games, just under 1/3 of the season. When the StarCaps situation happened in the NFL, they were suspended 4 games, equal to 1/4 of the year. Now Lewis gets busted, and he misses 10 games, which is less than 1/8 of the season.

And before you go off on me, it is a PED. A PED is a drug that gives your performance a boost. As said in here earlier, it is not an anabolic steroid. However, it does lead to increased testosterone, which leads to increased energy. Therefore, this drug leads to him gaining an edge with his energy, and it is considered a PED.

The other thing is that he was taking a supplement. Supplements do not need to be tested by the FDA. This was the case with bumetanide finding it's way into StarCaps. Bumetanide is a diuretic and is a prescrpition drug, but since there was no testing by the FDA it was slipped into the supplement increase water loss. All this means is that you have to be careful when taking an over-the-counter supplement.

pf289
08-06-2009, 06:13 PM
O dear lord this better not be the start of something ahhh

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 06:14 PM
I personally don't think that this is a long enough suspension. When Manny got busted for a PED he missed 50 games, just under 1/3 of the season. When the StarCaps situation happened in the NFL, they were suspended 4 games, equal to 1/4 of the year. Now Lewis gets busted, and he misses 10 games, which is less than 1/8 of the season.

And before you go off on me, it is a PED. A PED is a drug that gives your performance a boost. As said in here earlier, it is not an anabolic steroid. However, it does lead to increased testosterone, which leads to increased energy. Therefore, this drug leads to him gaining an edge with his energy, and it is considered a PED.

The other thing is that he was taking a supplement. Supplements do not need to be tested by the FDA. This was the case with bumetanide finding it's way into StarCaps. Bumetanide is a diuretic and is a prescrpition drug, but since there was no testing by the FDA it was slipped into the supplement increase water loss. All this means is that you have to be careful when taking an over-the-counter supplement.

that's what i thought. thaks.

gcoll
08-06-2009, 06:15 PM
I like when people say "steroids wouldn't help you anyway in basketball..."

WTF? Of course they would.

rhaas74
08-06-2009, 06:17 PM
During those first 10 games they play the Cavs, Raptors, 76ers, and then the Pistons twice. Those games could all be toss ups now, and i think the Magic would win at least 3 of those with Lewis. And with how it will more than likely come down to the end between Cleveland, Boston, and Orlando those games could mean alot.

Trouble87
08-06-2009, 06:24 PM
some of you need pay more attention when you read... the article said nothing about steroids

he had a elevated testosterone level, that could come from a few things... definitely explains his man acne

SeoulBeatz
08-06-2009, 06:25 PM
meh

tland22
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
I dont believe him.

Just kidding, yea I do believe him....but not really. Or do I really believe him? Yea it seems innocent enough, but I wold just rather not trust him.

blazerman
08-06-2009, 06:29 PM
So I guess he took the Orlando Magic Testosterone Potion

Haha good one.

I dont know why the NBA would even suspend him though, he'll get punished more in the long run with things like shrinkage but maybe he wants to be the first black man to be hung like a baby boy!:moon:

I really dont know if he was doing it on purpose but I have more important things to worry about than Rashard Lewis and a failed drug test by accident or otherwise. I will say Rashard Lewis has been a pretty good guy in and out of the locker room, so I give him the benefit of the doubt.

nikefreek220
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
i think its a complete joke, when a professional athlete gets caught taking steroids and say "it was a mistake, i didnt know the ingridient was banned". These people have personal trainners and nutricionists. They know very damn well what they take.

Rome
08-06-2009, 06:43 PM
If you dont know what your taking, dont take it. Pretty simple. Your a pro, do some research. Not good for the NBA.

tland22
08-06-2009, 06:57 PM
yea lets just put EVERYTHING in our bodies that EVRYONE tells us to put...and not do ANY research about it. HELL YEA!!!

ManRam
08-06-2009, 07:19 PM
First off...I saw an entire thread was made to call me out. Didn't get to read it before it was deleted. I'm honored.

I was only defending him (and if you look back, I never once defended Manny, never once defended Ortiz) because people were jumping the gun...calling him a cheater, saying he used steroids...as if he did it with malicious intent like all those baseball player. While it is totally acceptable nowadays to treat players guilty until proven innocent, people need to at least get the facts straight...and people weren't. I never said what Shard did was okay. I wasn't condoning him, I just don't think this is 1/100th of a deal as any of those baseball players.

Again...and I'm done after this because people have their opinions already made up.

1. He failed a drug test.
2. He tested positive for Dehydroepiandrosterone.
3. Dehydroepiandrosterone is not something you take on it's on, like you inject HGH, or anabolic steroids.
4. Dehydroepiandrosterone is found in nutritional substances. You can pick a variety of these things up at GNC, or even your local pharmacy...or even better, your grocery store.
5. The Mayo clinic says Dehydroepiandrosterone is used to: "reducing fatigue ,improving thinking difficulties and improving quality of life". Don't get that twisted with steroids in the traditional sense.
6. Dehydroepiandrosterone is made naturally in your adrenal glands. It is the most common steroid in the human body. It acts LIKE testosterone, and is part of the pathway into creating testosterone and estrogen (studies have shown it produces more estrogen in males when taken as a supplement).
7. It can be used by ELDERLY people (USDA) to improve muscle mass, but double blind placebo tests have shown that it does not increase muscle mass in younger males.
8. His testosterone levels were higher. That will give him a competitive advantage...but if you want to boost those levels, you don't take what he took, you take the ones that are undetectable.

I'm sorry for giving him the benefit of the doubt. No one believes any of these baseball players unknowingly used steroids ("cream", "clear", whatever). But when Dehydroepiandrosterone is such a common ingrediant in SO many supplements, I believe that he could have mistakenly bought something that would "improve his quality of life", and not have checked all the ingredients. He is tested 4 times a year. If he has been on this for longer than a short period of time...why wasn't he busted then? More importantly...why would he want to boost his testosterone levels MONTHS before the season started (only helps in the immediate).

That's why I'm defending me. If I'm an unintelligent homer (and if anyone knows me, I am far from a homer) because of it...so be it. I'm sorry for looking up the facts. I'm sorry for actually believing an athlete.

To call him a "delinquent" and a disgrace to the game is premature IMO. He wasn't shooting up with Barroid, A-Roid and David Steroidtiz. He took a supplement...and it had a banned ingredient. I sincerely believe that.

I'm not saying he's a saint. It's his fault. He should know what he's putting in his body...he should know the rules. He ****ed up.

lakerssssssss
08-06-2009, 07:31 PM
First off...I saw an entire thread was made to call me out. Didn't get to read it before it was deleted. I'm honored.

I was only defending him (and if you look back, I never once defended Manny, never once defended Ortiz) because people were jumping the gun...calling him a cheater, saying he used steroids...as if he did it with malicious intent like all those baseball player. While it is totally acceptable nowadays to treat players guilty until proven innocent, people need to at least get the facts straight...and people weren't. I never said what Shard did was okay. I wasn't condoning him, I just don't think this is 1/100th of a deal as any of those baseball players.

Again...and I'm done after this because people have their opinions already made up.

3. Dehydroepiandrosterone is not something you take on it's on, like you inject HGH, or anabolic steroids.
4. Dehydroepiandrosterone is found in nutritional substances. You can pick a variety of these things up at GNC, or even your local pharmacy...or even better, your grocery store.
5. The Mayo clinic says Dehydroepiandrosterone is used to: "reducing fatigue ,improving thinking difficulties and improving quality of life". Don't get that twisted with steroids in the traditional sense.
6. Dehydroepiandrosterone is made naturally in your adrenal glands. It is the most common steroid in the human body. It acts LIKE testosterone, and is part of the pathway into creating testosterone and estrogen (studies have shown it produces more estrogen in males when taken as a supplement).
7. It can be used by ELDERLY people (USDA) to improve muscle mass, but double blind placebo tests have shown that it does not increase muscle mass in younger males.
8. His testosterone levels were higher. That will give him a competitive advantage...but if you want to boost those levels, you don't take what he took, you take the ones that are undetectable.

I'm sorry for giving him the benefit of the doubt. No one believes any of these baseball players unknowingly used steroids ("cream", "clear", whatever). But when Dehydroepiandrosterone is such a common ingrediant in SO many supplements, I believe that he could have mistakenly bought something that would "improve his quality of life", and not have checked all the ingredients. He is tested 4 times a year. If he has been on this for longer than a short period of time...why wasn't he busted then? More importantly...why would he want to boost his testosterone levels MONTHS before the season started (only helps in the immediate).

That's why I'm defending me. If I'm an unintelligent homer (and if anyone knows me, I am far from a homer) because of it...so be it. I'm sorry for looking up the facts. I'm sorry for actually believing an athlete.

To call him a "delinquent" and a disgrace to the game is premature IMO. He wasn't shooting up with Barroid, A-Roid and David Steroidtiz. He took a supplement...and it had a banned ingredient. I sincerely believe that.

I'm not saying he's a saint. It's his fault. He should know what he's putting in his body...he should know the rules. He ****ed up.

Completely agree with you.

*Superman*
08-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Lewis may appeal suspension.

Rashard Lewis may try to appeal the ten game suspension issued by the NBA for taking a banned substance. "It was an over-the-counter vitamin supplement and an honest mistake. Ten games is a very harsh punishment for that one mistake. I'm going to talk to the Union and we'll go from there," Tony Dutt, Lewis' agent, told ******'s Alex Kennedy. Last season, Lewis averaged 17.7 points and 5.9 rebounds while starting 79 games for the Magic.

Wow reading these posts in here pisses me off. Calling him a cheater, taking away the EC champion title?? This aint no baseball steriods.

One source told the Orlando Sentinel said he believed Lewis’s positive test was "an honest mistake."

"There are more than 100 banned substances on the league’s list and athletes have to watch everything they take from common cold medications to vitamins to supplements," the source said.

The Sentinel reports that Lewis was taking a supplement that included DHEA.

Via Pres

Its like taking coughing medicine, and there being an ingredient thats banned and you get in trouble. People need to clam the hell down.

Vinny642
08-06-2009, 07:59 PM
it is what it is, i think it was a mistake

Toxeryll
08-06-2009, 08:16 PM
Seriously??

whatever u say, the eastern conference title is now tainted

d-baller23
08-06-2009, 08:28 PM
Well he just messed up the Magic Chemistry for those 10 games, and Matt Barnes is gonna have to step and start the SF, wow now we know the starting lineup for the first 10 games, I think we still are going to be okay for those games but there goes our depth for awhile.

BULLSDROSE1
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
When he comes back he better light things up

Lone Maverick
08-06-2009, 09:03 PM
People are overreacting way too hard. Haters always come out of the woodwork to bash the opposing player. Nothing new here.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 09:10 PM
This is how little of a deal DHEA is...

It isn't even banned in the MLB.

Baldyy
08-06-2009, 09:13 PM
wouldn't surprise me if howard was on em to

magichatnumber9
08-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Get your stuff together man, your one of my favorite players in the league

ManRam
08-06-2009, 09:45 PM
wouldn't surprise me if howard was on em to

On what??? Something that basically is just a minor testosterone booster?

Or do you mean steroids. Because if you mean Barry Bonds-like steroids...you should have said "wouldn't surprise me if Howard was on steroids."...without the "to(o)".

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 09:53 PM
Yo Manny for President guy.

Why are you so defensive for this Rashard for?

I swear half of the post in this thread is for you.

I know that calling him a cheater is wrong but just let it play out, half the people aren't going to listen to you.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
Yo Manny for President guy.

Why are you so defensive for this Rashard for?

I swear half of the post in this thread is for you.

I know that calling him a cheater is wrong but just let it play out, half the people aren't going to listen to you.

Because I just had 5 teeth pulled this morning...and have nothing else to do but act like a *****...and take my pain out on ignorant 13 year olds.

And because people seriously think this taints things...or that he used a real performance enhancing steroid...or whatever. It's not fair to Shard. Hell, the drug isn't even banned by the MLB...and no one cares or is more worried about steroids than the MLB.

People don't look at all the facts...and jump to conclusions. He took a supplement, with a steroid precursur, that moderately boosts testosterone levels. It isn't the type of thing you take to gain an athletic advantage.

I know people don't listen. Whatever. I have nothing better to do. Justice shall be served ;) and I'm making sure of it.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
Because I just had 5 teeth pulled this morning...and have nothing else to do but act like a *****...and take my pain out on ignorant 13 year olds.

And because people seriously think this taints things...or that he used a real performance enhancing steroid...or whatever. It's not fair to Shard. Hell, the drug isn't even banned by the MLB...and no one cares or is more worried about steroids than the MLB.

People don't look at all the facts...and jump to conclusions. He took a supplement, with a steroid precursur, that moderately boosts testosterone levels. It isn't the type of thing you take to gain an athletic advantage.

I know people don't listen. Whatever. I have nothing better to do. Justice shall be served ;) and I'm making sure of it.

I'm with you 110% bout telling people the right thing but it isn't really working right now.

championships
08-06-2009, 10:08 PM
Not really a big deal, not like it helped him in the finals. LOL

ManRam
08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm with you 110% bout telling people the right thing but it isn't really working right now.

Whatever...I don't care. I just want people to realize the facts. The facts about the drug he got busted for...the facts about it's availability...etc. There's a huge difference between different types of steroids. Everything is a steroid. There are steroids that build muscle, steroids that help balance metabolism, steroids that help your kidneys function, steroids that make estrogen, steroids that make terstosterone, steroids that make red blood cells, steroids that are involved in birth control pills, cortisone shots are steroids, inhalers are steroid based, steroids that prevent rashes...etc.

The word "steroid" is like an evil word now. Not all steroids do the same thing. And the one Shard took is not one you take to enhance performance. All DHEA is is a substance found in countless supplements, and one thing it does is increase testosterone counts slightly...which is how he was busted. People don't take it to boost testosterone...there are for more efficient ways.

I just hate how it's all of a sudden become guilty until proven innocent. That's a shame.

championships
08-06-2009, 10:15 PM
On the serious side, Dude works out and people who work out take supplements. He just happened to take an over the counter supplement that has a banned substance in it by the NBA. Probably doesn't affect anything he is capable of doing on the court.

The Prodigy
08-06-2009, 10:17 PM

AGREE WITH EVERYTHING HERE.

Some people are overreacting. It didn't make him the 3pt shooter he is unlike with baseball where it makes you the home run hitter's they are.

As you said is that they reduce fatigue which I'm not sure people understand exactly what that means. "Reduce Fatigue" is not the same as making him have more stamina or making him tire easily.

Run&Gun
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Just the keep the record straight for everyone, Lewis didn't exactly take roids per say. He just took something that we could all get at our local fitness tore. It has a compound that is related to roids and it seems like he just started taking them otherwise he would have got nailed earlier. It's probably just something that is a little stronger than creatine, it seems like he really didn't mean to take it. Seems kinda harsh for the NBA to suspend him for 10 games for something he wasn't aware, it wasn't like he was taking injections or anything.

JWO35
08-06-2009, 10:29 PM
I still think Rashard Lewis will hit at least 30 Home Runs this upcoming season...

ManRam
08-06-2009, 10:31 PM
I still think Rashard Lewis will hit at least 30 Home Runs this upcoming season...

30???? C'mon, without the roids, he's nothing. ;)

ManRam
08-06-2009, 10:34 PM
You're a lying sack of ѕhit!! Stop posting the same thing over and over again, just shut the fuсk up!! Shut the fuсk up!! Please just shut the fuсk up!!

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

Anger much??

What did Rashard Lewis...or me ever do to you??

It's a free world...and as long as I follow the rules here...I can't post whenever, and however much I want.

GiantMetKnick
08-06-2009, 10:36 PM
I really think he knew what he was taking, but nevertheless, I liked that he took responsibility and gave good advice to those kids out there.

mdabstar
08-06-2009, 10:38 PM
haha thats funny. couldnt be roids tho, hes too small. maybe they should test howard. haha

Apophis
08-06-2009, 10:43 PM
LOL

Lmao.. that is really funny...

whatever u say, the eastern conference title is now tainted

Another funny thing to say....lol

I heard from my next door neighbor's cousin's daughter's boyfriend's sister that he got the over the top supplement from Arod's cousin... and I trust her.. :rolleyes:

Hellcrooner
08-06-2009, 10:47 PM
funny any athlete on the olympics, swimmer, runner, cylcler, soccer player, karate, whatever athlete that tests positive in ANY doping substane gets instantly a TWO year ban.

And nba goes and punish him with ten games.

I guess there is a reason why david stern put a conditional clause to olpympic comitee that says Nba Players ( not only team usa but foreingers too) wont have to do doping tests while in the competition , he said he wouldnt allow any nba player to play olympis or fiba championships if that clause was not accepted.

Go figurewhy

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 10:50 PM
now does this sement kobe's legacy even more..being that he lead his team to a championship over a steroid using team!

Illuminati999
08-06-2009, 10:55 PM
Look, I hate the Lakers, but we all know what would have happened if this happened to Kobe Bryant. The Magic fans would be doing the same thing non-Magic fans are doing right now. Stupidity is not an excuse.

To answer your question, "He's stupid because he took a common over-the-counter product and didn't know it had something that the NBA banned?"

Ummm yes... How much does he get paid? Can he not hire a nutritionist if he doesn't have one already? Does Obama need to socialize health care so that our professional basketball players can ask a doctor/pharmacist what ingredients are in the supplements he takes? Jesus Christ, I hope Michael Jackson's former doctor becomes Rashard's new live-in doctor too....

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 10:59 PM
i would think it's time for lebron to get tested to the first degree....i know he's been tested probably about 50 times, since he attended the olympics....but let's not forget that marion jones got tested like 50 times when she was winning all those golds. Never failed a test.

Free Throw
08-06-2009, 10:59 PM

Actually, even HGH is naturally occurring in the human body.

I completely agree with you though, he didn't really intend to take a banned substance like it's being made out he did.

This whole thing is getting blown out of proportion (haha, steroid pun. :p)

ManRam
08-06-2009, 11:00 PM
Look, I hate the Lakers, but we all know what would have happened if this happened to Kobe Bryant. The Magic fans would be doing the same thing non-Magic fans are doing right now. Stupidity is not an excuse.

To answer your question, "He's stupid because he took a common over-the-counter product and didn't know it had something that the NBA banned?"

Ummm yes... How much does he get paid? Can he not hire a nutritionist if he doesn't have one already? Does Obama need to socialize health care so that our professional basketball can ask a doctor/pharmacist what ingredients are in the supplements he takes? Jesus Christ, I hope Michael Jackson's doctor becomes Rashard's new live-in doctor too....

1. A lot of people are agreeing with me.
2. I didn't defend Manny or Ortiz, two of my 5 favorite athletes one bit. Because they obviously were 100% in the wrong. I'm defending Shard not because I always blindly support my team...I'm supporting him because people were assuming things that weren't true.
3. I've said it over and over (I know...I've posted a lot...I guess you haven't picked up on it though) that he messed up. He made a mistake. He deserves the punishment...but that's all he deserves...nothing more. People should know what he took...and that's all I'm trying to explain.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
now does this sement kobe's legacy even more..being that he lead his team to a championship over a steroid using team!

Wow.

"A steroid using team" is one of the biggest stretches I've ever seen muttered on PS before. First off, it was one person. Secondly, while it was a steroid, it wasn't a steroid in the sense you think it was.

And to Free Throw...I know HGH is natural too. I was just providing some background. Being natural isn't what makes DHEA not a big deal IMO. It's what it does that makes it not a big deal.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
On what??? Something that basically is just a minor testosterone booster?

Or do you mean steroids. Because if you mean Barry Bonds-like steroids...you should have said "wouldn't surprise me if Howard was on steroids."...without the "to(o)".

so rashard risked losing 1.2 million dollars on a substance that in no way improves his game? Yeah right. The substance builds muscle, thus, it makes you stronger. Watch rashards numbers plummet next year. And youre a fool if you think he really only took it once and was just trying some random supplement over the counter and happened to get caught on his first time despite only getting tested 4 times a year. Lemme guess, roger clemens and barry bonds did nothing wrong either?

ManRam
08-06-2009, 11:05 PM
i would think it's time for lebron to get tested to the first degree....i know he's been tested probably about 50 times, since he attended the olympics....but let's not forget that marion jones got tested like 50 times when she was winning all those golds. Never failed a test.

Guilty until proven innocent. The way it should be...

So now it's impossible to be an amazing athlete, perhaps the best in the world...without having to take steroids. Someone has to be the best athlete in the world....even if steroids (the non-naturally growing kind) didn't exist...someone would still stand out above everyone else. Why can't LeBron just be the greatest athlete in the world? Why does it have to be because of steroids. Dude was a freak since he popped out of the womb.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 11:10 PM
so rashard risked losing 1.2 million dollars on a substance that in no way improves his game? Yeah right. The substance builds muscle, thus, it makes you stronger. Watch rashards numbers plummet next year. And youre a fool if you think he really only took it once and was just trying some random supplement over the counter and happened to get caught on his first time despite only getting tested 4 times a year. Lemme guess, roger clemens and barry bonds did nothing wrong either?

That's assuming he did it intentionally...which is very debatable.

Do you know anything about DHEA??? I don't think so. Read up on it. In short...it boosts testosterone levels, there aren't any studies showing it builds muscle in younger adults, it's legal in the US (unlike any anabolic steroid), and it isn't banned by the MLB (the league that has to worry about this the most).

Roger, Barry, Ortiz, Manny etc. took anabolic steroids, or HGH. They didn't pick it up from Walgreen's like Rashard probably got his DHEA. You can get what Shard tested positive for in any grocery store in America. There is a huge difference between what each tested positive for.

My whole point is that what Shard got busted for is completely different than what the MLB guys are getting busted for. That's a FACT.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 11:17 PM

So now it's impossible to be an amazing athlete, perhaps the best in the world...without having to take steroids. Someone has to be the best athlete in the world....even if steroids (the non-naturally growing kind) didn't exist...someone would still stand out above everyone else. Why can't LeBron just be the greatest athlete in the world? Why does it have to be because of steroids. Dude was a freak since he popped out of the womb.

i wouldn't be surprised if lebron took steroids while in high school(seeing as a lot of kids to it nowadays)....

and on lewis, well it could be a whole new different scenario on why he did it, i mean nobody really knows for sure, i mean before i wrote my prior comment, i didn't realize what drug it was, what Rashard took HELPS WITH DEPRESSION. It is widely known in the medical field to help deal with depression. Also, research (yes actual research, not hypotheses that you guys are talking about) shows that it doesnt have any significant correlation with helping out with strength and stamina. Remember, Rashard's brother died and also his daugher was in and out of the hospital with an unknown disease. But of course, madness isnt loved by his family (nor anyone else) which proves he wouldnt understand about how this 'drug" would help with depression due to a loss of one of your family member and something bad happening to your daughter..

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 11:19 PM
That's assuming he did it intentionally...which is very debatable.

Do you know anything about DHEA??? I don't think so. Read up on it. In short...it boosts testosterone levels, there aren't any studies showing it builds muscle in younger adults, it's legal in the US (unlike any anabolic steroid), and it isn't banned by the MLB (the league that has to worry about this the most).

Roger, Barry, Ortiz, Manny etc. took anabolic steroids, or HGH. They didn't pick it up from Walgreen's like Rashard probably got his DHEA. You can get what Shard tested positive for in any grocery store in America. There is a huge difference between what each tested positive for.

My whole point is that what Shard got busted for is completely different than what the MLB guys are getting busted for. That's a FACT.

yeah that was my bad....when i heard "steroid" i automatically assumed it was human growing hormones....

ManRam
08-06-2009, 11:22 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if lebron took steroids while in high school(seeing as a lot of kids to it nowadays)....

and on lewis, well it could be a whole new different scenario on why he did it, i mean nobody really knows for sure, i mean before i wrote my prior comment, i didn't realize what drug it was, what Rashard took HELPS WITH DEPRESSION. It is widely known in the medical field to help deal with depression. Also, research (yes actual research, not hypotheses that you guys are talking about) shows that it doesnt have any significant correlation with helping out with strength and stamina. Remember, Rashard's brother died and also his daugher was in and out of the hospital with an unknown disease. But of course, madness isnt loved by his family (nor anyone else) which proves he wouldnt understand about how this 'drug" would help with depression due to a loss of one of your family member and something bad happening to your daughter..

:clap::clap: Great post.

Exactly what I've been trying to say. The Mayo Clinic says it is used for "reducing fatigue ,improving thinking difficulties and improving quality of life". Yes, it can boost testosterone, which is probably why it's banned, but it isn't a drug you take to gain an athletic advantage. I sincerely think he took this, didn't read all the ingredients or thoroughly checked it out...and got busted. It just isn't the thing you take if you are trying to enhance your performance on the court. I honestly feel bad for him. Sure, he ****ed up, and deserved to be fined, but everyone now thinks he's a "delinquent" and a "cheat"...and that just isn't fair IMO.

MajorFloridaFan
08-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Agree, we know that Shard isn't that type of person, well, this opens up some doors now, this will move Bass to start at the 4, with Anderson seeing solid back up minutes.

As another magic fan Shard as a person isnt that type of player...but it could make you scratch your head when you realize he has to bang bigger stronger bodies all season long....maybe he thought this certain supplement would supplement his game lol.....Didnt realize family was a problem for him and depression could have been the cause since the drug in question helps alleviate that

BULLSDROSE1
08-06-2009, 11:42 PM
He shouldnt be punished for 10 games

MajorFloridaFan
08-06-2009, 11:47 PM
He shouldnt be punished for 10 games

after everything comes to the table of evidence and everyone gets interviewed i think they will reduce his penalty due to the mitigating circumstances of family and what that drug actually does and is used for Pharmaceuticals

i say 5-8 games is necessary

jacquewho?
08-07-2009, 12:01 AM
All the cool people are doing it now, so now it's my turn ;)

Oh well, I trust the guy and believe that he took it unintentionally cause this stuff is different than the MLB. But we will see.

BlondeBomber41
08-07-2009, 12:18 AM
I honestly think it was a mistake. There is a big difference between this and steroids, BIGGGG. Honestly I wonder why its a banned substance at all.

Afridi786
08-07-2009, 12:26 AM
funny any athlete on the olympics, swimmer, runner, cylcler, soccer player, karate, whatever athlete that tests positive in ANY doping substane gets instantly a TWO year ban.

And nba goes and punish him with ten games.

I guess there is a reason why david stern put a conditional clause to olpympic comitee that says Nba Players ( not only team usa but foreingers too) wont have to do doping tests while in the competition , he said he wouldnt allow any nba player to play olympis or fiba championships if that clause was not accepted.

Go figurewhy
Football and Baseball don't ban players for years for first time offenses, why should the NBA for an OTC supplement, honestly if it's OTC, I highly doubt it can noticeably improve performance or stamina. And research says this substance barely does anything.

MAC10TIZZY
08-07-2009, 12:32 AM
He didn't take it by accident, ofcourse he's going to say that, he's a cheater and that's it

still sour bout the playoffs????? im so glad we play you guys in one of the ten games while he is suspended, we can play yall four on five and still beat u

MAC10TIZZY
08-07-2009, 12:40 AM
What in gods green earth do you need roids in B-Ball? I guess he got tried of getting everyone posting himi up. But since we are at it: Check D. Howard, J Nelson & Lebron b/c none of them looked like that in High school or college then BAM....they're HUGE....

its called becoming a man, hopefully you'll experience it some day

USMCLaker
08-07-2009, 01:10 AM
NOT a big deal, Rashard keep your head up and eff all the haters.

Jay22Redd
08-07-2009, 01:33 AM
startin off wrong

FaceDown91
08-07-2009, 02:35 AM
he only took it at the end of the season and im sure it was a bad mistake. Besides, steroids don't really help that much in basketball anyways beside making u stronger. That might mean alot but using steroids in basketball is much less affective then using steroids in baseball.

blazerman
08-07-2009, 03:27 AM

Your cause is suffering with weak things like "guilty til proven innocent", because Im gonna inform you of something " Lewis failed the test already" that means he's guilty already!

The only question that is left is did he do it for gain or unknowingly?
The NBA, NFL,MBL and NHL all inform each and every team, agent and players what can be used legally and what is considered banned. Players are well informed that there are products that are over the counter that contain substances that are not acceptable. Rules are rules and you and I both know 99% of people that are guilty will try and lie about it.

The test itself is the first admission of guilt. As for Ortiz, Ramirez, Clemens, Bonds and Palmeiro well they all got very rich by using them regardless of being caught. Lewis on the other hand already got a big contract so I doubt thats the issue and regardless of if I think he did it for gain or unknowingly that doesnt matter because he failed the test and he's been assesed a 10 game suspension so he is already GUILTY.

One more thing to put more doubt into this situation is, how come he is the only one out of thousands of athletes in numerous sports that failed a test with an easily available over the counter product with a banned substance. Either he's the unluckiest prick in America or was the only one that wasnt informed and now has to suffer a suspension for it!

You keep telling everyone to wait to they hear the facts, well you need to first accept the facts and quit playing the defense attorney for Rashard Lewis because he can afford much better council then your court appointed *** but I think you'd make a hellava lawyer for the mob. You kinda remind me of Dave Klienfeld the attorney for Carlito Brigante' from the movie "Carlito's way". I would like to know your five favorite players because 2 of the five you mentioned are both major juicers and with 2 out 5 already I'd say your batting .400 right now humm thats not too far off from Manny Ramirez batting average in some recent yrs, no wonder you like him so much. Oh and how does he say it "come on guys you know me Im Manny" with a cheesy grin and you know he's thinking, boy these guys are stupid because they believe me again.

Bones10564
08-07-2009, 04:00 AM
It was only a matter of time before it (Roids) started popping up in the NBA (If it wasn't ALREADY there)...

op12
08-07-2009, 07:56 AM
DHEA has little to no effect on someones rashard's age. it is silly that it is banned by the league. it mainly helps increase test in older males when their test is low. lewis will get no benefit and the suspension is dumb. im not a magic fan at all, so i am neutral, but people are acting stupid about this and just being haters. he really did nothing wrong even if he took it everyday for years. it is not a performance enhancer. educate yourselves before you speak.