PDA

View Full Version : Sports Illustrated: Most Dominant NBA Players By Decade

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 01:33 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158541/1/6/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/nba.60th.anniversary/images/mikan.ap.jpg

Mikan was the league's first dominant big man. He helped kick-start the Lakers' franchise, then in Minneapolis, with its first four league titles, including three in a row from 1952-54. Little wonder the Lakers' visits to New York at the time were billed as "George Mikan vs. Knicks" on the marquee at Madison Square Garden.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158541/2/6/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/nba.60th.anniversary/images/chamberlain-russell.jpg

In spending the decade matched up against each other, the two legendary big men redefined the sport. Chamberlain, a dominant scorer and rebounder, won three consecutive MVP awards from 1966-68. But his individual exploits translated into only a single title in the decade (1967), thanks to his chief rival, Russell, who led his Celtics to the championship every other year. An unrivaled defensive force and team leader, Russell won four MVPs in the `60s and five overall.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158541/3/6/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/nba.60th.anniversary/images/kareem-abdul-jabbar.2.new.jpg

Though he won only a single title in the `70s, with the Bucks in '71, Abdul-Jabbar dominated the decade in every other way. Relying on his trademark sky hook, Abdul-Jabbar won back-to-back MVP awards twice in the `70s and had three consecutive seasons in which he averaged at least 30 points and 16 rebounds. He would add five more titles as a member of the Lakers in the `80s.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158541/4/6/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/nba.60th.anniversary/images/larry-bird-magic-johnson.millan.2.jpg

In reviving the NBA and renewing the Lakers-Celtics rivalry, Bird and Magic couldn't have fit more perfectly with their respective teams. The plain-spoken, yet cocky, Bird rejuvenated a franchise from one of the Northeast's industrial dynamos whose fans clung fast to their glorious history, while Johnson's flashy play and ubiquitous smile were ideal for a Lakers club tasked with entertaining Hollywood. The two sublime talents led their teams to a combined eight NBA titles in the '80s -- five for Magic, three for Bird.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158541/5/6/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/nba.60th.anniversary/images/michael-jordan-1995-55points.millan.jpg

If Magic Johnson and Larry Bird resuscitated the NBA, Jordan led it to new heights as the biggest drawing card in sports. Beyond the four MVP awards, six league titles and six scoring titles in the `90s, Jordan, for many, was athletic competition boiled to its essence. Off the floor, Jordan was equally iconic -- stylish, articulate, cool. He remains a symbol by which all great players are measured and the NBA's popularity is gauged.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1158541/6/6/index.htm

http://i.cdn.turner.com/sivault/multimedia/photo_gallery/0908/nba.60th.anniversary/images/shaquille-o-neal-biever.jpg

O'Neal, an immediate force when he arrived in the mid-1990s, finally saw his individual dominance rewarded with three consecutive titles, from 2000-02 with the Lakers (when he was named Finals MVP each time). While another Finals appearance with the Lakers went unrewarded in `04, O'Neal won title No. 4 with the Heat in '06. True, O'Neal had plenty of help from Kobe Bryant and Dwyane Wade in winning those championships, but his size, skills and nimble passing have made him a matchup nightmare for opponents throughout his career.

1950's George Mikan
1960's Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell
1970's Kareem
1980's Magic and Bird
1990's Michael Jordan
2000's Shaquile O'neal

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 01:37 PM
So who will the 2010's belong to?

Lebron, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Durant, Rose, etc

ko8e24
08-06-2009, 01:39 PM
First half of 2000s, Shaq

Second half of 2000s, Kobe

So i'd say Co-Dominant Players of the Decade: Shaq & Kobe (the greatest dynamic duo in history and co-all star game mvps of 2009) :D

ink
08-06-2009, 01:41 PM
I really don't see Rose fitting into that elite class. The others definitely.

B.JenningsMVP
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM

So i'd say Co-Dominant Players of the Decade: Shaq & Kobe (the greatest dynamic duo in history and co-all star game mvps of 2009) :D

Yeah, agreed

BlondeBomber41
08-06-2009, 01:45 PM
Lebron will own the next decade.

ko8e24
08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Lebron will own the next decade.

perhaps. It'll be between him, D-wade, Dwight Howard, and Mike James.

bleedprple&gold
08-06-2009, 01:51 PM

I agree. If they can choose Russel and Chamberlain and Bird and Magic, why can't they choose Shaq and Kobe? Do they have to be rivals? In that case you could even go with Shaq and Duncan. I don't feel like Shaq was the only dominant player the last decade.

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 01:52 PM
lbj

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 01:54 PM

Well since 2005 I'm not sure who else to say. Kobe is the only one with 1 finals mvp and 1 league mvp in that time frame. Other guys have won finals mvp and some league mvp, but he is the only one since 2005 to win both.

However this is about the entire decade and I would say that Shaq's 3 finals mvp's, 1 league mvp and Duncan's 2 finals mvp's and 2 league mvp's put them in a tie with Kobe closely behind.

mitch91
08-06-2009, 01:55 PM
i think lebron for 2010's!

he can easily play the whole decade!

B.JenningsMVP
08-06-2009, 01:56 PM
OJ Mayo next decade superstar

mitch91
08-06-2009, 01:56 PM
the 2000's are hard though, as i stated earlier lebron can easily play the whole of the next decade where as in the 00's the most dominant player (shaq) dominated for roughly half of it and probably kobe for the other half. though i go with shaq

Draco
08-06-2009, 01:57 PM

Most people wouldn't have put Durant into that class after just his rookie season.

ko8e24
08-06-2009, 01:58 PM

wouldn't rule it out. oh, and can't forget about chris paul.

pd7631
08-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Anyone else notice the blatant offensive foul by Shaq on Mutombo in the last picture? He was doing that the whole series in the 01' Finals and never got called for anything.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 01:59 PM
LeBron without a doubt. The NBA has never seen a specimen like him before.

And I love the list. Very accurate.

And for the Shaq debate...there is no debate. While Kobe may be more skillful, a better player now...etc...he wasn't flat out dominant like Shaq was. Shaq was so dominant and unlike anyone the league has ever seen that multiple rules were changed to accommodate him. Dominant doesn't mean best...it means being unstoppable, a force, unlike anyone else. Shaq was the most dominant player ever. "Dominant" and Shaq are interchangable words.

He changed the game. Kobe didn't.

ko8e24
08-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Anyone else notice the blatant offensive foul by Shaq on Mutombo in the last picture? He was doing that the whole series in the 01' Finals and never got called for anything.

lol, just worry about the present, where u can count on iggy and brand to take yall to the promise land after losing andre miller

ko8e24
08-06-2009, 02:02 PM

And for the Shaq debate...there is no debate. While Kobe may be more skillful, a better player now...etc...he wasn't flat out dominant like Shaq was. Shaq was so dominant and unlike anyone the league has ever seen that multiple rules were changed to accommodate him. Dominant doesn't mean best...it means being unstoppable, a force, unlike anyone else. Shaq was the most dominant player ever. "Dominant" and Shaq are interchangable words.

Yes, great argument. 100% true, can't deny that.

barbjake
08-06-2009, 02:03 PM

Kobe was the most dominant player of the 2009 playoffs... but not the second part of a decade.
He was barely making the playoffs for the second half of the 2000's.

Paulliwali
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
but lebron do mostly rely on athleticism so if there is a freak injury his career would go down

pd7631
08-06-2009, 02:06 PM
lol, just worry about the present, where u can count on iggy and brand to take yall to the promise land after losing andre miller

ugh, I wish we had any hope of going to the promised land. I'd rather be the worst team in the league than finish around .500 and get bounced in the 1st round again. But that's probably what will end up happening.

Oh, and I do agree with Shaq as the most dominant player of the 2000's. In the early part of the decade he was as unstoppable a player as I have ever seen. Kobe's close though.

Hawkeye15
08-06-2009, 02:13 PM

exactly dude.

ink
08-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Most people wouldn't have put Durant into that class after just his rookie season.

I saw him play a pre-season game in his rookie season here in Vancouver (Sonics vs. Suns) and he was spectacular. I thought he'd be elite from the first time I ever saw him. I still haven't seen what I saw in Durant out of Rose. I think Rose will be good but probably no more than a top 5-10 player in the league.

TheKing23
08-06-2009, 02:25 PM

Completely agree

Draco
08-06-2009, 02:27 PM
I saw him play a pre-season game in his rookie season here in Vancouver (Sonics vs. Suns) and he was spectacular. I thought he'd be elite from the first time I ever saw him. I still haven't seen what I saw in Durant out of Rose. I think Rose will be good but probably no more than a top 5-10 player in the league.

One pre-season game? That could be a record for smallest and most meaningless sample ever used in predicting a players ceiling.

ink
08-06-2009, 02:28 PM

Completely agree. Especially with the last point. I'm not a Shaq fan, mainly because IMO he changed the game for the worse, but he has definitely had the most impact this decade.

ink
08-06-2009, 02:30 PM
One pre-season game? That could be a record for smallest and most meaningless sample ever used in predicting a players ceiling.

:pity: and :laugh:

Reposting:

I thought he'd be elite from the first time I ever saw him.

I clearly said that FROM THE FIRST TIME on I thought he would be elite. That clearly implies that it's not a one time experience. I mention the pre-season game especially because when you see a game live you can watch far more closely, and follow one player all game if you like. Durant was impressive then, just like he's been every time I've watched him since.

Chronz
08-06-2009, 02:38 PM
Completely agree. Especially with the last point. I'm not a Shaq fan, mainly because IMO he changed the game for the worse, but he has definitely had the most impact this decade.
For the worse? What you dont like the influx of international players?

ManRam
08-06-2009, 02:42 PM

The game is not 1/100th as physical as it was 10-20 years ago. It's a sissy league. Every single player whines about fouls. Shaq isn't entirely to blame, but he did have some effect on this much more soft league. International players or not....the game is a lot softer than it was. Back in the day you could bang around a lot more. Now, if someone touches another players jersey, it's a foul.

Draco
08-06-2009, 02:42 PM
:pity: and :laugh:

Reposting:

I clearly said that FROM THE FIRST TIME on I thought he would be elite. That clearly implies that it's not a one time experience. I mention the pre-season game especially because when you see a game live you can watch far more closely, and follow one player all game if you like. Durant was impressive then, just like he's been every time I've watched him since.

I had the impression you made up your mind after the pre-season game. At any rate, I think most analysts were most impressed by Durant after his second season than after his first. And predicting that he might somehow reach Lebron's level is probably more believable after looking at his second season than his first. I'd give Rose at least that much time before dismissing him as "never going to reach..."

ink
08-06-2009, 02:47 PM

No, meaning that we had to endure Hack-a-Shaq for as long as he was dominant, and games where a giant was destroying other teams without too much trouble. It was dull. I found the Shaq-Kobe championship teams to be the least interesting of all Laker champions. Personal opinion. I'd rather watch the Showtime Lakers or even last year's Lakers more.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 02:49 PM
Lebron will still be beasting because he wil only be 35 by the end of next decade. I can see him developing a decent jumper so he doesn't have to dunk all the time.

Mayo looks like the 2nd coming of Kobe because he is a flat out scorer.

Wade might be there but he is already 27 or 28 and would probably retire before the next decade ends.

I cannot see a PG being a dominant force so Paul is out.

Howard can be there too. Dunking is considered dominant and that is the only thing he can really do on offense.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 02:50 PM

I would take Duncan over Kobe for this decade.

DCSportsIsPain
08-06-2009, 03:06 PM
Picking individual players as dominant in what is most definitely a team sport seems a bit jaded. No single basketball player is an island unto himself. Even the biggest stars don't win on bad teams. This just seems to be a list of the players who won the most titles.

ManRam
08-06-2009, 03:07 PM
Lebron will still be beasting because he wil only be 35 by the end of next decade. I can see him developing a decent jumper so he doesn't have to dunk all the time.

Mayo looks like the 2nd coming of Kobe because he is a flat out scorer.

Wade might be there but he is already 27 or 28 and would probably retire before the next decade ends.

I cannot see a PG being a dominant force so Paul is out.

Howard can be there too. Dunking is considered dominant and that is the only thing he can really do on offense.

It comes down to Howard and LeBron. If Howard ever develops Shaq-like offense, and the ability to create his own shot...he might be the choice. But I'm sticking with LeBron. And let's not act like he has no jump shot at all. He shoots just as well from three as Kobe. And you act like dunking all the time is bad. He will get better at shooting, and once he does, he'll be down right unstoppable. If no one can stop you from getting to the hoop, why settle for a jumper? That's why he shoot 49% from the field...because he takes good shots.

RaiderLakersA's
08-06-2009, 03:11 PM
Shaq was so dominant and unlike anyone the league has ever seen that multiple rules were changed to accommodate him.

Translation: what would have been an offensive foul for anyone else in the league was scaled back in order to let Shaq be Shaq. Hey, I'm a Laker fan, but I know that when an offensive player is dislodging a defensive player who is set, you call a foul on the offensive player. Shaq did that all of the time, bowling over people, but the refs tucked their whistles away and let the game continue. The only way that he got called for a foul was if it was so obvious that the players had been literally knocked off of their feet. Thus the "floppers" were born and the rest is history.

What about one of the other rule changes to benefit Shaq. Ahhhh, the Hack-a-Shaq rule. He was so bad at the line that opposing teams developed a strategy of intentionally fouling him. Given the number of fouls a team had, they could foul him all day long, watch Shaq clang two freebies, and regain possession in hopes of getting back into the game. It was as good as a steal or a turnover. Now you can call that "changing the game", but generally rules created to ensure the continued primacy of a "dominant" class usually are cast in a negative light. And for good reason.

Dominant doesn't mean best...it means being unstoppable, a force, unlike anyone else. Shaq was the most dominant player ever. "Dominant" and Shaq are interchangable words.

I can agree with this for the first half of the 2000's, but not the second. Since leaving the Lakers, Shaq has played with better talent without question for longer stretches of his career, but has made less Finals appearances than Kobe in that time. He also has less MVP votes than Kobe in that time. He has less 1st team elections in that time. He has less All Star appearances in that time. Kobe has a better scoring average and more all-defensive team elections as well. "Dominant" and Shaq may be interchangeable, but I think if you look closely at these considerations, you'd be hard pressed to say that Kobe didn't own part of the 2000's, too.

That said, if it were me, I would splice 3 pictures of Duncan, Kobe and Shaq as the most dominant of the 2000's. But I'm magnanimous that way. :p

There are many ways to change the game. The article alluded to the growth in popularity of the game in discussing the impact of Bird, Magic and Jordan. Yao may have brought a billion Chinese fans to the game, but guess who they cheer for even more loudly than their own native son: Kobe. If the NBA is truly becoming a global enterprise, don't doubt for a second the impact that a player like Kobe is having overseas. We can consider that as changing the game, too.

ink
08-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Yao may have brought a billion Chinese fans to the game, but guess who they cheer for even more loudly than their own native son: Kobe.

Or maybe they all just want to see the guy named after a steak.

Kobe beef is renowned for its flavour, tenderness, and fatty well-marbled texture. Kobe beef can be prepared as steak, sukiyaki, shabu shabu, sashimi, teppanyaki, ground hamburger patties and more.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 03:21 PM
It comes down to Howard and LeBron. If Howard ever develops Shaq-like offense, and the ability to create his own shot...he might be the choice. But I'm sticking with LeBron. And let's not act like he has no jump shot at all. He shoots just as well from three as Kobe. And you act like dunking all the time is bad. He will get better at shooting, and once he does, he'll be down right unstoppable. If no one can stop you from getting to the hoop, why settle for a jumper? That's why he shoot 49% from the field...because he takes good shots.

Lebron is rough and might not last as long as other finesse players who can do work without being rough.

RaiderLakersA's
08-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Or maybe they all just want to see the guy named after a steak.

The steak would be more popular in Japan, I would think. :cool:

ink
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
The steak would be more popular in Japan, I would think. :cool:

Maybe Japanese steak is a delicacy in China. :D

Jay22Redd
08-06-2009, 03:46 PM
Kevin Durant is the next decades most dominant....behind Lebron

LeonFSU
08-06-2009, 04:15 PM
No, meaning that we had to endure Hack-a-Shaq for as long as he was dominant, and games where a giant was destroying other teams without too much trouble. It was dull. I found the Shaq-Kobe championship teams to be the least interesting of all Laker champions. Personal opinion. I'd rather watch the Showtime Lakers or even last year's Lakers more.

I don't why you would think watching the most unstoppable player since Jordan is boring. I agree that its great watching a polished all-around team like the Pistons or Spurs, but I was never bored watching Shaq destroy double and triple teams or open up his teammates for wide open shots. It was predictable, I agree with that, but I'd rather watch Shaq dominate by throwing down a dunk nearly every possession than watching Lebron or Wade get fouled everytime they get the ball and shoot 30 free throws.

Jahari Kavi
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
Well since 2005 I'm not sure who else to say. Kobe is the only one with 1 finals mvp and 1 league mvp in that time frame. Other guys have won finals mvp and some league mvp, but he is the only one since 2005 to win both.

However this is about the entire decade and I would say that Shaq's 3 finals mvp's, 1 league mvp and Duncan's 2 finals mvp's and 2 league mvp's put them in a tie with Kobe closely behind.

i agree

KnicksR4Real
08-06-2009, 04:19 PM
Kobe and Shaq

Bleeds Blue
08-06-2009, 04:29 PM
shaq without question is the most dominant from 00-04. you can split the rest of the time between duncan and kobe but shaqs period was the most impressive

RaiderLakersA's
08-06-2009, 05:01 PM
shaq without question is the most dominant from 00-04. you can split the rest of the time between duncan and kobe but shaqs period was the most impressive

I'll agree with that.

Chronz
08-06-2009, 05:04 PM
You do know he meant changed the game as in the rules and how it was played.

asandhu23
08-06-2009, 05:05 PM
no Julius Erving in the conversation?

Verbal Christ
08-06-2009, 06:01 PM
kobe lovers must be ready to go picket SI headquarters

what54!?
08-06-2009, 06:05 PM
I agree with this. Shaq from the lakers three peat was unstoppable

zambo4president
08-06-2009, 06:10 PM

Mayo,Durant,Roy,Rose and maybe Beasley become the faces of the league. Good thing i already have my Mayo jersey! :up:

MacFitz92
08-06-2009, 06:22 PM
As overrated as Tim Duncan is NOW, he was great.

He should have been player of 2000s.

2 MVPS; 4 Championships.

Bruno
08-06-2009, 06:27 PM
Stupid simply because the 60's and 80's get two players and the other decades don't?

Bruno
08-06-2009, 06:32 PM
If Wilt gets picked in the 60's despite Russel winning all the titles, then The Dream should be picked for the 90's along side Jordan, and either Duncan or Bryant, whichever for the 2000's. Lets get real, if it weren't for Dwayne Wade, the other best guard in the NBA, Shaq wouldn't have done **** from 2005 on, HALF THE DECADE.

SpeeMN
08-06-2009, 06:39 PM
the person has to be 6'6" or taller to be the most dominant of the decade.
Every Player that is on the list, with the addition of Kobe, is 6'6" or taller.
Kobe being 6'6", Jordan 6'7", Magic 6'9" and so on.
So I don't think Rose, Mayo or any guard that can't play small forward can be the MOST dominating

KDurant, LJames, DHoward, AJefferson, BRoy, or 'as to be seen'.

_KB24_
08-06-2009, 06:53 PM

2 MVPS; 4 Championships.

Its 3 rings, not 4. The 1st one came in the 99 season during the lockout.

Toenail Clipper
08-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Kobe should be in this list
And next decade is OJ Mayo

camador22
08-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Shaq's definitely the man of the decade but we can't forget about Duncan as well. Kobe still has a long way to go to even match up to Duncans class.

1. Shaq
2. Duncan
3. Kobe

ink
08-06-2009, 07:28 PM
You do know he meant changed the game as in the rules and how it was played.

There are a lot of ways to interpret what he said. For me, Shaq slowed the game down. I've said it many times: I can't wait for the Shaq-Kobe era to be finished once and for all.

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
If Wilt gets picked in the 60's despite Russel winning all the titles, then The Dream should be picked for the 90's along side Jordan, and either Duncan or Bryant, whichever for the 2000's. Lets get real, if it weren't for Dwayne Wade, the other best guard in the NBA, Shaq wouldn't have done **** from 2005 on, HALF THE DECADE.

Well the 2000's should get multiple.

But the 80's I am not so sure. Bird and Magic both won 3 mvp's that decade. In the 70's, Kareem won 5 MVP's. In the 60's Russell and Wilt won 4 MVP's.

THE MTL
08-06-2009, 07:32 PM
Lebron James & Kevin Durant will dominant this sport!....maybe Dwight if he can upgrade his post moves and offense!....maybe Chris Paul if he can get onto the right team (his time in NO should be over in 2012)

Draco
08-06-2009, 07:37 PM
Lebron James & Kevin Durant will dominant this sport!....maybe Dwight if he can upgrade his post moves and offense!....maybe Chris Paul if he can get onto the right team (his time in NO should be over in 2012)

And KD's time in OKC should be over at around the same time. Hopefully KD and Rose's budding friendship will pay dividends for the Bulls :D

ink
08-06-2009, 07:38 PM

2 MVPS; 4 Championships.

That's who I'd prefer too, but there's no denying Shaq's dominance.

asandhu23
08-06-2009, 08:34 PM

go check your facts.... wilt took away a championships from russell and Russell for the most part had better teams and better coach. wilt was on the only team to beat russell's in playoffs. see people look at the who won but they dont look at how close the games were. its like last year's superbowl. in a few years everyone will look at the winner but never look at how close the game was and the fact the steelers were a much much better squad.

J_M_B
08-06-2009, 08:41 PM
LeBron James, hands down

Honorable mentions: Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul

Bullsfan22
08-06-2009, 08:54 PM
The 2000's should be shaq and duncan. Kobe didn't dominate like shaq and didn't win or lead his team like duncan so he'd have to be third.

BUCSFORLIFE123
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM

no.. lol its not kobe its def shaq by far

kobe may be the best right now, but hes not DOMINATING like how shaq did , its not close

FlakeyFool
08-06-2009, 08:59 PM
If dwight can get a ****ing post game happening, then definetly dwight

magichatnumber9
08-06-2009, 09:17 PM
That's a fair list.

MPScribbles
08-06-2009, 09:34 PM

I hadn't but since you said something and I looked, LOL. Good eye :clap: and yes he did offensive foul the ***** out of Mutumbo (and pretty much everyone else he ever faced his entire career).

Run&Gun
08-06-2009, 09:43 PM
I would take Duncan over Kobe for this decade.

I agree, Duncan has been dominant ever since he came in the NBA, he has just as many accomplishments as Kobe if not more, but in my opinion his supporting cast was not as good as Kobe's. Although I will say that Kobe's peak looks better than Duncan at least on stats, but Duncan has been super consistent throughout his whole career, also when you watch most of his games he doesn't necissarily demand the ball as much as many superstars do.

the 1 and only!
08-06-2009, 09:45 PM

+2

if your going to have magic/bird sharing a decade together, you gotta have kobe/shaq!

Bleeds Blue
08-06-2009, 09:51 PM
in terms of overall dominance: winning, skill/ability, stats etc...

years kobe tops duncan: 01-02, 06, 08-09

years duncan tops kobe: 00, 03, 04-05, 07

JordansBulls
08-06-2009, 09:56 PM
in terms of overall dominance: winning, skill/ability, stats etc...

years kobe tops duncan: 01-03, 06, 08-09

years duncan tops kobe: 00, 04-05, 07

How the hell did Kobe top Duncan from 2001-2003 when Duncan won MVP in 2002 and 2003 and finished higher in MVP Voting?

Bleeds Blue
08-06-2009, 09:59 PM
1. 2 championships
2. i dont buy into MVP voting as much as you
3. you're probably right about 03, i'l give that one to duncan

madiaz3
08-06-2009, 10:04 PM
I agree. If they can choose Russel and Chamberlain and Bird and Magic, why can't they choose Shaq and Kobe? Do they have to be rivals? In that case you could even go with Shaq and Duncan. I don't feel like Shaq was the only dominant player the last decade.

quite true

smith&wesson
08-06-2009, 10:07 PM
you guys alll forgot about scalabrini ... he helped the C's win it all last year :D

ok but for real, we need to give it up to kobe, shaq got the last kobe gets my vote for 2000-2010
hands down.

lebron will get the 2010-2020 maybe he will share it with howard or wade.

MAC8004
08-06-2009, 10:12 PM
Dwight Howard BABY! A lil too cocky for my tastes (Tell me that he doesn't smile too much) but you can't argue with his size/position/potential. Carried that team to the finals. If it's not Dwight then it's gonna be Durant.

agnine
08-06-2009, 10:13 PM
all good arguments (for once). It could also be argued that Shaq was unstoppable in the 90's (he came in in 92), but rings tell the whole story for most people. To add to Kobes resume for 2000 dominance are his multiple 1st team All-Defense nods, and carrying the team without Shaq, which he did quite often while Shaq, the Big Injured, was out. Duncan was equally impressive and won multiple titles.
There's also this other guy named Kevin Garnett who, while not having much if any support, was a lock for first team All-NBA and first team All Defense. I'm just saying.

NJrockPD
08-06-2009, 11:00 PM

Ever heard of a couple of scrubs named Jordan and Pippen. You are one ballsy homer.

cowboyz180
08-06-2009, 11:37 PM
i gotta say lbj, maybe d-wade

MPScribbles
08-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Ever heard of a couple of scrubs named Jordan and Pippen. You are one ballsy homer.

:clap::clap::clap:

Bruno
08-07-2009, 04:50 PM
go check your facts.... wilt took away a championships from russell and Russell for the most part had better teams and better coach. wilt was on the only team to beat russell's in playoffs. see people look at the who won but they dont look at how close the games were. its like last year's superbowl. in a few years everyone will look at the winner but never look at how close the game was and the fact the steelers were a much much better squad.

See, if you go and check your facts, you'd see a running trend in professional sports history; no one gives a damn about how close the loser came to winning, you either win or you lose, period. Do you think Jerry West sits at home thinking to himself, "well, I might have lost in the NBA finals EIGHT TIMES, but I still won one, it's all good". No leeway is ever given to the losers, just because "it was a close series".
The Jerry West lead Lakers lost four finals series 4-3; his team lost four game 7's in the finals, three times against the Celtics, once against the Knicks.

Seven out of eight times, Bill Russell led squads beat Chamberlain lead squads in the playoffs. Fact is, Russell dominated Wilt, so they shouldn't both be considered the most dominant of the decade. All I'm saying is this, if your Sports Illustrated, either make it so that one player is considered the most dominate of its decade, or allow every decade two/three players, it just takes away credibility.

Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant are a lost closer to Shaq for the 2000's than Wilt is to Russell for the 60's, so why leave them off??

Hawkeye15
08-07-2009, 08:40 PM
The reason Wilt was named along with Russell is his ridiculous stats that will never be touched. The reason Bird and Magic are together, is they both came into the league at the same time, on rival teams, and owned the decade. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense to have Kobe and Shaq, when they played on the same team for most of their rings, and simply put, Shaq had a bigger EFFECT on the game of basketball. Time will tell, no doubt. And obviously many Laker fans or Kobe supporters are living in the moment, but the fact is, in 20 years, we will really know what Kobe meant to basketball, and where he belongs in its history. We already know where Shaq will be. The most physically dominant player to ever play, a guy who changed the ways teams play, and the way refs call games. This decade belongs to Shaq. Duncan is the only other one that makes any sense, since he is arguably the greatest ever at his position

Lakers4ItAll
08-07-2009, 08:44 PM

Shaq/Kobe > MJ/Pip

Hawkeye15
08-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Shaq/Kobe > MJ/Pip

12 rings>6 rings.
nuff said

dodie53
08-07-2009, 09:11 PM
lebron

Raph12
08-07-2009, 09:11 PM
Where is Duncan on this list? I mean Shaq hasn't done anything Duncan hasn't, I mean yeah Shaqs a better scorer but Duncan is a better defender, Shaq won 4 rings, 3 Finals MVPs same with Duncan, Shaq won one League MVP, while Duncan won two, yes Shaq won a scoring title, but Duncan won a rebounding title blah blah this can go on forever, but the difference is that Shaq has died out the past 3-4 seasons, Duncan is still very much alive, if anything it should be Duncan and Shaq for the 2000s not Shaq and Duncan and definately not just Shaq. Btw Kobe should be mentioned in the conversation as well he dominated after 2005, while Shaq dominated before 2006, Duncan is the only one who dominated all the way through 1999-2009, a full decade of dominance.

I now declare Tim Duncan the 2000-2009 Most Dominant Player, 1st runner-up Shaquille O'Neal, 2nd runner-up Kobe Bryant

White_Mike
08-07-2009, 09:14 PM
Shaq/Kobe > MJ/Pip
Epic Fail.

LA_Raiders
08-07-2009, 10:28 PM
The Black Mamba...2000s

the 1 and only!
08-08-2009, 01:12 AM
kobe slightly past his prime won a ring with pau gasol as the #2. Shaq has never won without a top 5 player in the league on his team. He couldnt do it. If kobe was able to do it last year at age 30, he surely could have done it at any point since 2002.

Lakersfan2483
08-08-2009, 01:24 AM
1950's George Mikan
1960's Wilt Chamberlain and Bill Russell
1970's Kareem
1980's Magic and Bird
1990's Michael Jordan
2000's Shaquile O'neal

I would add Hakeem to the 90's list and both Duncan and Kobe to the 2000's list. You could make a case that Duncan has been just as impactful in the 00's as O'neal.

Bruno
08-08-2009, 01:50 AM
kobe slightly past his prime won a ring with pau gasol as the #2. Shaq has never won without a top 5 player in the league on his team. He couldnt do it. If kobe was able to do it last year at age 30, he surely could have done it at any point since 2002.

Word.

Bruno
08-08-2009, 01:55 AM
I would add Hakeem to the 90's list and both Duncan and Kobe to the 2000's list. You could make a case that Duncan has been just as impactful in the 00's as O'neal.

Yes.

JordansBulls
08-27-2009, 04:16 PM

Hakeem would be 2nd for sure, but his overall impact wasn't as great for the decade.

mser58
08-27-2009, 04:34 PM

spoken like a true Philly fan, haha, i am with you bro

eugene
08-27-2009, 05:05 PM
This decade I go with Shaq and Duncan but not Kobe!

montazingmvp
08-27-2009, 08:11 PM

no...

that belongs to jordan and pippen...sorry buddy

MTar786
08-27-2009, 08:22 PM
no...

that belongs to jordan and pippen...sorry buddy

no no.. it belongs to shaq and kobe.. sorry buddy

montazingmvp
08-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Mayo,Durant,Roy,Rose and maybe Beasley become the faces of the league. Good thing i already have my Mayo jersey! :up:

mayo? can someone please explain to me how mayo is going to be one of the next great nba players...

he didn't show anything in his rookie season...well he did show us that he's a chucker. and he scores with little efficiency...

there are many many better young players than mayo imo

MTar786
08-27-2009, 08:33 PM
mayo is good and fun to watch. but he needs to show me more b4 u talk about him being the face of the nba

montazingmvp
08-27-2009, 08:34 PM
no no.. it belongs to shaq and kobe.. sorry buddy

ok which duo has been more succesful...do the math...dumb.a.s.s.

use those fingers of yours and count who has more rings...(i know you can't do it in your head, it can be difficult i know)

end of story...

_KB24_
08-27-2009, 08:55 PM
ok which duo has been more succesful...do the math...dumb.a.s.s.

use those fingers of yours and count who has more rings...(i know you can't do it in your head, it can be difficult i know)

end of story...

So what, rings aren't everything. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, does that mean he's better? Russel by himself is only 1 ring short of both Jordan and Pippen combined, is he better than both? Shaq and Kobe are the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of the NBA.

D Roses Bulls
08-27-2009, 09:18 PM

you dont see rose, but you see durrant and some of those other guys on the list? rose has already proven he can take over games and he is only 20 years old. one roses jumper improves which it will and his defense as well he will be the best point guard in the game. its not fortune telling, its just a fact cause of his gifts already and size and speed. deron williams already called him the fastest guy in the NBA and every player cant find a bad thing to say about him. he will be one of the dominant players in the game and the best at his position.

D Roses Bulls
08-27-2009, 09:21 PM

you cant add anyone besides jordan to the 90's list. no one had the impact on the game like he did and if jordan would of not retired early hakeem would of never had a chance at a ring. the 90's jordan owns. the 2000's its shaq. without shaq, kobe wouldnt of had a chance. it even took kobe the incredible team he had this season to win it this season. without ariza improving, and bynum providing that extra body they would of lost again like they did to boston last year. so the 2000's was shaq and his alone. he was dominate.

montazingmvp
08-27-2009, 11:07 PM
So what, rings aren't everything. Robert Horry has more rings than Jordan, does that mean he's better? Russel by himself is only 1 ring short of both Jordan and Pippen combined, is he better than both? Shaq and Kobe are the greatest 1-2 punch in the history of the NBA.

what?

so how do you determine what makes the best 1-2 punch?...because you've provided nothing to back the statement up...i have...

i'd say success is a good way to determine who the best 1-2 punch is...success comes with rings...and jordan pippen have more of them than kobe and shaq...

all i'm waiting for is a reason why kobe and shaq are the best 1-2 punch...something outside of your ridiculous bias. perhaps facts. yes facts would be a good start!

_KB24_
08-28-2009, 12:43 AM
what?

so how do you determine what makes the best 1-2 punch?...because you've provided nothing to back the statement up...i have...

i'd say success is a good way to determine who the best 1-2 punch is...success comes with rings...and jordan pippen have more of them than kobe and shaq...

all i'm waiting for is a reason why kobe and shaq are the best 1-2 punch...something outside of your ridiculous bias. perhaps facts. yes facts would be a good start!

The Success factor should be looked at but not be the ultimate factor. Sam Jones and Bill Russell won 20 rings combined when playing with each other. I don't even think there in the Top Ten NBA Duos of all Time. You have to look at the the individual player as well. Jordan/Pippen was all about Jordan. Jordan was the one who was counted on to score and deliver. Shaq and Kobe were both alpha males who could be both counted on to take over a game, I don't think the same can be said for Pippen, arguably one of the greatest defenders of all time.

Bleeds Blue
08-28-2009, 12:56 AM
you cant add anyone besides jordan to the 90's list. no one had the impact on the game like he did and if jordan would of not retired early hakeem would of never had a chance at a ring. the 90's jordan owns. the 2000's its shaq. without shaq, kobe wouldnt of had a chance. it even took kobe the incredible team he had this season to win it this season. without ariza improving, and bynum providing that extra body they would of lost again like they did to boston last year. so the 2000's was shaq and his alone. he was dominate.

without kobe's 28 5 and 5 shaq wouldnt have had a chance to win ****. i agree that for the first 3 years of the decade shaq was without question the best in the biz and most dominant but that same old kobe crap is nonsensical BS.

D Roses Bulls
08-28-2009, 01:12 AM
shaq could of had someone who averaged less and still won at least two rings with him. shaq came into his prime and couldnt be stopped. if you think kobe had that big of a factor then you didnt watch basketball back then. he didnt need kobe, but any guy who could of hit that mid range jumper when had was double teamed and yes he was that dominatd. thats why shaq, not kobe was mvp and 3 time finals mvp.

D Roses Bulls
08-28-2009, 01:17 AM
The Success factor should be looked at but not be the ultimate factor. Sam Jones and Bill Russell won 20 rings combined when playing with each other. I don't even think there in the Top Ten NBA Duos of all Time. You have to look at the the individual player as well. Jordan/Pippen was all about Jordan. Jordan was the one who was counted on to score and deliver. Shaq and Kobe were both alpha males who could be both counted on to take over a game, I don't think the same can be said for Pippen, arguably one of the greatest defenders of all time.

sir you are wrong. i dont know how old you are, im not saying your young or anything, but jordan and pippen were it. jordan took so much of the spot light and was so damn good no one even recognized how good pippen was because jordan was the best. that duo was the best in history and thats not just cause im a bulls fan but cause im an NBA fan who has been watching for the past 20 years. pippen when jordan retired was one cheap call away from the finals instead of the knicks and the bulls had swept the rockets that year. pippen was all star mvp and killin the league. if jordan didnt retire they would of had 8 straight championships and you cant argue with that and they almost had 4 in a row if it werent for that call. you have the best player ever in jordan and maybe the best player who had ever played small forward and top two or three defender in history in both players. you cant argue that they are hte best duo ever even if you are a laker fan

Bleeds Blue
08-28-2009, 01:27 AM
shaq could of had someone who averaged less and still won at least two rings with him. shaq came into his prime and couldnt be stopped. if you think kobe had that big of a factor then you didnt watch basketball back then. he didnt need kobe, but any guy who could of hit that mid range jumper when had was double teamed and yes he was that dominatd. thats why shaq, not kobe was mvp and 3 time finals mvp.

shaq was the mvp of the season and finals 3 times and deservedly so. but you are right shaq could've won the ship with any shmo hitting a jumper. i mean he did it from 93-99 with guys like penny, anderson, dennis scott, van exel, jones etc... wait a minute

i hope your next response tells me how uneducated i am about basketball as well

_KB24_
08-28-2009, 01:35 AM
sir you are wrong. i dont know how old you are, im not saying your young or anything, but jordan and pippen were it. jordan took so much of the spot light and was so damn good no one even recognized how good pippen was because jordan was the best. that duo was the best in history and thats not just cause im a bulls fan but cause im an NBA fan who has been watching for the past 20 years. pippen when jordan retired was one cheap call away from the finals instead of the knicks and the bulls had swept the rockets that year. pippen was all star mvp and killin the league. if jordan didnt retire they would of had 8 straight championships and you cant argue with that and they almost had 4 in a row if it werent for that call. you have the best player ever in jordan and maybe the best player who had ever played small forward and top two or three defender in history in both players. you cant argue that they are hte best duo ever even if you are a laker fan

In that same series against the Knicks, wasn't Pippen the same guy who refused to play in the dying seconds of Game 3 when down in the Series 0-2 because he did not agree with Jackson? Can you name any other GREAT player who would do that in those circumstances? No NBA fan will forget that BS touch foul call but bad fouls are going to happen everywhere. Again, you can't just say "if jordan didnt retire they would of had 8 straight championships". What if the Bulls would have traded Pippen at the end of the 1994 season, which they did heavily consider if you remember? Maybe they would not be call such a great duo.

D Roses Bulls
08-28-2009, 02:41 PM
In that same series against the Knicks, wasn't Pippen the same guy who refused to play in the dying seconds of Game 3 when down in the Series 0-2 because he did not agree with Jackson? Can you name any other GREAT player who would do that in those circumstances? No NBA fan will forget that BS touch foul call but bad fouls are going to happen everywhere. Again, you can't just say "if jordan didnt retire they would of had 8 straight championships". What if the Bulls would have traded Pippen at the end of the 1994 season, which they did heavily consider if you remember? Maybe they would not be call such a great duo.

yeah i remember pippen doing that, but the bulls still won that game. sometimes ego gets to you like it did with kobe and shaq. and yes i remember they considered trading pippen, they thought bout a deal of pippen and i wanna say grant for shawn kemp and gary payton, but pulled back and they even almost traded him to the celtics in 97 for the picks which they were gonna take mcgrady and billups with but mj got on the horn and said if you trade pippen he will retire. but again the lakers traded shaq cause of the ego kobe had and wanting it to be his team. also if you remember the lakers lost in 2004 with both kobe and shaq in a finals and that was when the lakers were stacked. can you name finals that mj and pippen lost? im just saying man look at the success jordan and pippen had. 6 rings, compared to kobe and shaqs 3 together.

D Roses Bulls
08-28-2009, 02:46 PM
shaq was the mvp of the season and finals 3 times and deservedly so. but you are right shaq could've won the ship with any shmo hitting a jumper. i mean he did it from 93-99 with guys like penny, anderson, dennis scott, van exel, jones etc... wait a minute

i hope your next response tells me how uneducated i am about basketball as well

no im not going to insult you. not everyones basketball iq is as high as me :). but seriously shaq wasnt the shaq he was between 2000 and 2003 and i mean dominate. between those three years no one could stop him. when he was in orlando he didnt has the dominance he did in LA or they wouldnt have lost to the rockets and his beginning years in LA he didnt have the IQ he did or the moves he did. im not saying he could of won it with a scrub between 2000 and 2003 but if he had an all star type of player who could hit the mid range between those years yes he could of still won without kobe.

Bleeds Blue
08-28-2009, 02:59 PM
no im not going to insult you. not everyones basketball iq is as high as me :). but seriously shaq wasnt the shaq he was between 2000 and 2003 and i mean dominate. between those three years no one could stop him. when he was in orlando he didnt has the dominance he did in LA or they wouldnt have lost to the rockets and his beginning years in LA he didnt have the IQ he did or the moves he did. im not saying he could of won it with a scrub between 2000 and 2003 but if he had an all star type of player who could hit the mid range between those years yes he could of still won without kobe.

shaqs stats from his orlando days and his LA days are virtually the same. maybe the reason he was so unstoppable those 3 years was because of a certain guard he played with.

same argument could be made with kobe. if he had a big man who could give a solid post presence he could win championships too. (pau gasol)

D Roses Bulls
08-28-2009, 06:35 PM
shaqs stats from his orlando days and his LA days are virtually the same. maybe the reason he was so unstoppable those 3 years was because of a certain guard he played with.

same argument could be made with kobe. if he had a big man who could give a solid post presence he could win championships too. (pau gasol)

but you also got to remember kobe was averaging 27 or 28 points a game. he didnt have that kind of scorer when he was in orlando who did that, i mean penny was great dont get me wrong, but one thing he didnt do with consistency was the mid range and also yes his numbers were the about the same, but can you imagine what he would of averaged if he didnt have another 28 point game scorer on his team? numbers would be out of this world i mean theres a lot of different factors, i could sit here and list reasons why he would of won without kobe, but its an on going argument. all i will say is that yes it did take kobe a big man presence to win, but that wasnt the case last year when he had gasol and odom and lost to boston. but like i said its an on going argument.

Storch
08-28-2009, 07:14 PM
Kobe Bryant and Lebron James deserve the next 2 pages.

montazingmvp
08-28-2009, 07:23 PM

how about kobe giving up in an entire game...in game 7 of the playoffs against the suns...

is it coming back to you?

Hustla23
08-28-2009, 07:28 PM
Lebron

_KB24_
08-28-2009, 07:38 PM
how about kobe giving up in an entire game...in game 7 of the playoffs against the suns...

is it coming back to you?

Why dont you try playing with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton in your lineup, then talk about giving up. Kobe did give his best and he netted 23 points in the first half. The Lakers were already down by double digits and Kobe was getting doubled and tripled everytime he had the ball so Phil decided to run plays for other guys. Kobe did nothing close to give up that series. He single-handley brought one of the best teams in the NBA to the brink of elimination.

theuuord
08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Jordan/Pippen was all about Jordan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

theuuord
08-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Why dont you try playing with Smush Parker, Kwame Brown, and Luke Walton in your lineup, then talk about giving up. Kobe did give his best and he netted 23 points in the first half. The Lakers were already down by double digits and Kobe was getting doubled and tripled everytime he had the ball so Phil decided to run plays for other guys. Kobe did nothing close to give up that series. He single-handley brought one of the best teams in the NBA to the brink of elimination.

Slightly off-topic, but how do you feel about LeBron's performance in this year's playoffs?

scully8743
08-28-2009, 07:52 PM
Cousy, Russel, Shaq

_KB24_
08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Slightly off-topic, but how do you feel about LeBron's performance in this year's playoffs?

It was great and I think your trying to prove that Lebron had an equally as bad team. Kobe's team from 05-06 was absolute garbage. It was embarrassing to watch and call them Lakers.

PG: Smush
SG: Kobe
SF: Walton
PF: Lamar
C: Brown
Bench: Vujacic, Jim Jackson, George, Cook, Mckie
* Bynum was in his first season and did not play more than 2-3 minutes and I believe Turiaf was injured.

Now Lebrons current team.

PG: Mo
SG: West
SF: James
PF: Varejo
C: Big Z
Bench: Wallace, Wally, Gibson, Sasha

Lebron was playing with an All-Star PG who can flat out score, 2 Former All-stars, a former DPOY who is still a post presence, a feisty, annoying flopper who gets calls, and a Solid group of 3-point shooters. Kobe was playing with a Lamar Odom who had just come off an injury, Walton who suffered a foot injury, and a bunch of washed up cocky scrubs. Lebron did have help last year whether you like it or not, while Kobe's 06 was pure ****.

_KB24_
08-28-2009, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrjwaqZfjIY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFgXF0a_Yw4&feature=related

Kobe4Life
08-29-2009, 12:56 AM
Up next Kobe Bryant :clap:

Kings Faithful
08-29-2009, 01:23 AM
So who will the 2010's belong to?

Lebron, Wade, Dwight, CP3, Durant, Rose, etc

Rose should not be grouped with those guys. Not right now. He is good but he still has alot to prove and is not anywhere close to the level that those other players are at.

lorenz00
08-29-2009, 01:47 AM

completely agree and.. if kobe wins in this year he should be the 2000's dominate player nba

Draco
08-29-2009, 04:38 AM
Lebron

x2

JordansBulls
01-30-2010, 08:34 PM
2000's with Shaq, Duncan and Kobe is as hard as the 80's with Magic, Bird and Kareem.

HoopsDrive
01-30-2010, 08:41 PM
perhaps. It'll be between him, D-wade, Dwight Howard, and Mike James.

You forgot Chris Duhon.

My bet is on LBJ.

Testaverde16
01-30-2010, 09:15 PM
no surprises at all there... lebron for the 2010's probably

heathonater
01-30-2010, 09:19 PM
i agree with that list. i can't argue against shaq in the 2000's because every team in the league tried to slow him down, but never could until age caught up to him.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-30-2010, 10:32 PM
It was great and I think your trying to prove that Lebron had an equally as bad team. Kobe's team from 05-06 was absolute garbage. It was embarrassing to watch and call them Lakers.

PG: Smush
SG: Kobe
SF: Walton
PF: Lamar
C: Brown
Bench: Vujacic, Jim Jackson, George, Cook, Mckie
* Bynum was in his first season and did not play more than 2-3 minutes and I believe Turiaf was injured.

Now Lebrons current team.

PG: Mo
SG: West
SF: James
PF: Varejo
C: Big Z
Bench: Wallace, Wally, Gibson, Sasha

Lebron was playing with an All-Star PG who can flat out score, 2 Former All-stars, a former DPOY who is still a post presence, a feisty, annoying flopper who gets calls, and a Solid group of 3-point shooters. Kobe was playing with a Lamar Odom who had just come off an injury, Walton who suffered a foot injury, and a bunch of washed up cocky scrubs. Lebron did have help last year whether you like it or not, while Kobe's 06 was pure ****.

:clap:

td0tsfinest
01-30-2010, 11:06 PM
2010 = Lebron

Kobe is turning 32 this year, no way he'll able to keep this up for this decade.

alencp3
01-31-2010, 10:01 AM
wouldn't rule it out. oh, and can't forget about chris paul.

Mayo why not? CP3,Reke,Wall, and even Griffin.

Cavs_Fan24
01-31-2010, 10:24 AM
Can't argue with this list, but after '07 or so shaq wasn't nearly as dominant. Gotta give that period of time to Kobe, no question.

mjqusoldier
01-31-2010, 11:41 AM
danilo gallinari

TheWatcher34
01-31-2010, 12:00 PM

Brandon Jennings MVP !

Hawkeye15
01-31-2010, 01:45 PM
if Kobe is going to get props for 2000's, then it becomes a 3 way with Duncan
LeBron and Wall for the 2010's

nipo10847
01-31-2010, 02:05 PM

Awesome post. 100% agree. Anyone disagrees is a moron. period.

shas
01-31-2010, 02:12 PM

x2