PDA

View Full Version : Which Team Is The Most Overrated In The NBA?

KnicksR4Real
08-06-2009, 09:38 AM
I would say the Celtics, they are very beatable. We Knicks beat them twice!

Then I would say the Hornets, they have very little depth, even after the nice trade for Okafor.

Netslunatic76
08-06-2009, 09:48 AM
Orlando Magic. They have a really good team, but they barely got by the Sixers and the Cavs should have been the team in the finals vs the Lakers.

Diggy_2
08-06-2009, 09:49 AM
I would say the same thing that Celtics and the Hornets are the 2 overrated teams in the NBA

Unruly Fan
08-06-2009, 09:52 AM
The Celtics probably, Hornets not so much.

NYKnickFanatic
08-06-2009, 09:55 AM
/

bigsams50
08-06-2009, 09:58 AM
spurs

DCSportsIsPain
08-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Cleveland

Rylz
08-06-2009, 10:00 AM
The Mavs. They're still not contenders, but some people seem to think they will be.

GAWDtv
08-06-2009, 10:09 AM
The Toronto Raptors, they are like a European team, with a Canadian Coach trying to win in the NBA? The team always gets media love and I'm confused to what Brian Colangelo was hired to do here. Jose Colderon is good but he is not great, he can't even attempt to hit the lead man on the fast break and he's the leader of an uptempo team?? JJ has to come off the bench because they are comited to starting the European when he knows Bosh best and been hitting that pass since b4 HS. Why would Bosh want to stay here in Canada with this experiment gone wrong??? Maybe they could trade Bosh and JJ to his home town team for Dirk Noheartski and Roderique Beaubois and the transformation will be complete. We Toronto fans can look forward to the Draft Lottery every season, sorta like the MakeMELaughs.

Sly Guy
08-06-2009, 10:12 AM
cleveland. I just don't see the shaq/big z situation working out. That and they added jamario moon. Any team that does that takes a step back IMO.

UofA
08-06-2009, 10:26 AM
Cavs probably if we're talking about top tier teams

AntwanN21
08-06-2009, 10:32 AM
The Toronto Raptors, they are like a European team, with a Canadian Coach trying to win in the NBA? The team always gets media love and I'm confused to what Brian Colangelo was hired to do here. Jose Colderon is good but he is not great, he can't even attempt to hit the lead man on the fast break and he's the leader of an uptempo team?? JJ has to come off the bench because they are comited to starting the European when he knows Bosh best and been hitting that pass since b4 HS. Why would Bosh want to stay here in Canada with this experiment gone wrong??? Maybe they could trade Bosh and JJ to his home town team for Dirk Noheartski and Roderique Beaubois and the transformation will be complete. We Toronto fans can look forward to the Draft Lottery every season, sorta like the MakeMELaughs.

wow man....... first off the raps get absolutely no love from the media and are rearely ever talked about on espn or anywhere in the states for that matter.Its hard to say a team is ovverated when they cant even get a game broadcasted on abc since they are canadian.Second Bryan Colangelo was hired to here to win basketball games just like any other GM in the league. And the whole JJ argument........... he is on the bench because your best players need to start the game, the players that give you the best chance to win.Im sure that if JJ outplays calderon he will start regardless of him not being european. Coming from a toronto fan, yes we may overrate our team abit but look at all the celveland and laker fans who also do.

masalex1205
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
wow man....... first off the raps get absolutely no love from the media and are rearely ever talked about on espn or anywhere in the states for that matter.Its hard to say a team is ovverated when they cant even get a game broadcasted on abc since they are canadian.Second Bryan Colangelo was hired to here to win basketball games just like any other GM in the league. And the whole JJ argument........... he is on the bench because your best players need to start the game, the players that give you the best chance to win.Im sure that if JJ outplays calderon he will start regardless of him not being european. Coming from a toronto fan, yes we may overrate our team abit but look at all the celveland and laker fans who also do.

Its pretty simple. The Raptors are overrated because they won 33 games last year, play no defense, lost (by far) their best defensive player, and are as soft as a twinkie.

Yet people on here are saying they are going to be great next year? That's why they are overrated. At least the Cavs and Lakers went to the Eastern Conference Finals/won the NBA Champsionship. Lets see the Raptors make the playoffs before we go crazy.

Been holding that inside for all summer after the Raptors got Turkoglu.

Vidball
08-06-2009, 10:44 AM
ORL--I think losing Hedo and going with a more traditional lineup hurts them. I also think that now that CLE has Shaq and with BOS possibly having a healthy KG, there are 2 teams who would beat ORL in a playoff series out East.

loki34
08-06-2009, 10:46 AM
Lakers
Mavs
Spurs

mavwar53
08-06-2009, 10:50 AM
Orlando Magic. They have a really good team, but they barely got by the Sixers and the Cavs should have been the team in the finals vs the Lakers.

Well if the cavs should have been the what the hell happened, did they by chance get beat by a team they didn't know how to play

KnicksR4Real
08-06-2009, 10:53 AM
cleveland. I just don't see the shaq/big z situation working out. That and they added jamario moon. Any team that does that takes a step back IMO.

yeah i agree

prodigy
08-06-2009, 10:53 AM
magic- losing turk will hurt alot. nelson needs to be back to his old self, not that pile of crap we saw in the playoffs.

celtics- Garnett needs to prove he's healthy. Plus they are really old.

Shaq/Z not working out? UMMMM OK EXPLAIN??

Shaq plays 20+ min and Z gets the rest. best 1-2 punch at center in the NBA. Z is the best backup center in the NBA. Moon will be the cavs 10th man, lol. So lets see another 10th man be that good.

Netslunatic76
08-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Well if the cavs should have been the what the hell happened, did they by chance get beat by a team they didn't know how to play

No. I mean it was a situation where Orlando's line up was a mismatch for the Cavs. Just like the Warriors and Mavs a few years back. The Mavs were clearly the better team, but they couldn't beat the Warriors. That's what happened this past off season.

IBleedPurple
08-06-2009, 10:58 AM
The Mavs. They're still not contenders, but some people seem to think they will be.

Agreed. Others would be Boston & Orlando. The Hornets are expected to be a #5-7 seed, so I don't think they're overrated

KobeBeatJeeesus
08-06-2009, 11:15 AM

Your logic is beyond being flawed. The Celtics barely got past the 8th seeded Hawks, and the barely got past the Cavs as well. Also, how can you say that the Cavs SHOULD have been the team in the finals when the only game they won in that series was because of a hail mary at the end of regulation? What you should have said was "The Cavs SHOULD have been swept". Orlando straight up earned their finals appearance. The difference between what happened to Cleveland and what happened to Dallas is that Dallas was majorly upset in the first round. They played as if the Warriors were going to give up at some point, which they never did. Cleveland on the other hand had two rounds of easy street facing a loser Pistons team and an ailing Hawks team. There was no mismatch BS going on there, they flat out LOST.

On topic, the Heat, Spurs, Cavs, and Mavs are overrated.

tbomlad
08-06-2009, 11:17 AM
I love how the only ones saying Orlando are the Cavs & Celtics fans. They added VC (huge upgrade over Turk), Bass and Barnes to Howard, Lewis, and Nelson (3 all-stars) and they're overrated. What a Joke!! Start a thread of the most overrated players and I guarantee Hedo Turkoglu will top that list especially if die-hard Magic fans are voting (the ones who REALLY know Turk's game). Keep dreaming and keep hating boys.

cowboyz180
08-06-2009, 11:23 AM

how are the mavs overrated. They have a great roster with a bunch of depth

TheKing23
08-06-2009, 11:40 AM
ORL--I think losing Hedo and going with a more traditional lineup hurts them. I also think that now that CLE has Shaq and with BOS possibly having a healthy KG, there are 2 teams who would beat ORL in a playoff series out East.

Agreed.

Wow, I think that's the first time i've ever agreed with a Lakers fan.

TheMicrowave
08-06-2009, 11:50 AM
Lakers
Mavs
Spurs

It would be nice to hear reasoning behind choosing the Lakers. They won the championship and pretty much traded Ariza for Artest. How are they overrated? I don't think they are a lock to win the championship or even the West, but I would like to hear your reasoning or you just being biased because you like the Suns?

thephoenixson28
08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
I think the blazers and the spurs. Brandon roy is a beast but I don't think with the squad they have with the addition of andre miller makes them contenders I think they are a good team but not a great team. I also think the spurs with the addition of richard jefferson made them better, but offensivley and lost there better defender in bowen. I remember I used to hate when we played the spurs cuz of him now I'm happy that he left and can't wait until the first game.

tland22
08-06-2009, 11:51 AM
The Hornets? They are underrated if anything...what the hell are some of you talking about. The Hornets never get any love lol.

the most overrated team is PORTLANDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...by far

TheMicrowave
08-06-2009, 11:52 AM
how are the mavs overrated. They have a great roster with a bunch of depth

I don't think they are overrated. I think the Mavs underachieve.

J.Kidd
Terry
Howard
Dirk

I obviously referring to last seasons stars/role players, that is a good solid four players and they seem not to be able to get in the contender spot. Maybe the addition of Marion will help out and bring the Mavs to contenders.

It may be from coaching and chemistry, I don't know.

Vidball
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Agreed.

Wow, I think that's the first time i've ever agreed with a Lakers fan.

Looks like you are finally seeing the light...Congrats :clap::D

TheMicrowave
08-06-2009, 11:53 AM
Your logic is beyond being flawed. The Celtics barely got past the 8th seeded Hawks, and the barely got past the Cavs as well. Also, how can you say that the Cavs SHOULD have been the team in the finals when the only game they won in that series was because of a hail mary at the end of regulation? What you should have said was "The Cavs SHOULD have been swept". Orlando straight up earned their finals appearance. The difference between what happened to Cleveland and what happened to Dallas is that Dallas was majorly upset in the first round. They played as if the Warriors were going to give up at some point, which they never did. Cleveland on the other hand had two rounds of easy street facing a loser Pistons team and an ailing Hawks team. There was no mismatch BS going on there, they flat out LOST.

On topic, the Heat, Spurs, Cavs, and Mavs are overrated.

Great post.

AntiG
08-06-2009, 11:55 AM
none of LA, Boston, Cleveland or Orlando are overrated. They have been the best the NBA has to offer the past two seasons. LA, Boston and Cleveland have crushed everyone out there and cruised to multiple 60 win seasons... and have only added more to their arsenals.

Orlando is the defending Eastern conference champs... not overrated, although I do think people are overestimating the VC gain/Turkoglu loss because VC is such a big dunk star. I've seen plenty of VC in NJ... he's not that good and no way does he improve his teammates' play like Turk does. Personally, I don't think the team improved. They gained Bass, which will help tremendously with the interior physical play, but the loss of Turk and Lee will hurt them in terms of guard defense as well as distribution. VC has played the point before but Turk just sees the floor so much better and is a far better shooter.

tland22
08-06-2009, 11:56 AM
yea the MAVS underachieve every year...they always look good on paper, but are rarely ever considered to be playing like an elite team.

Not only is PORTLAND overrated, but the OKC THUNDER are vastly overrated as well....if thats possible. People think they will be making playoffs this year and I say NO CHANCE. Look this team had strecthes of playing pretty decent basketball...but they had more stretches where they looked like THE WORST TEAM IN THE NBA. Dont forget that, dont forget the bad and only remember the good from this team.

heyman321
08-06-2009, 11:58 AM
The Knicks -- their fans think they acutally have a good core -- I'll say only Wilson Chandler is the one that looks good for a young guy.

The Heat -- oh man, Dwyane Wade is a beast but he can't be expected to have a career season EVERY season, what he did last year was phenomenal, carrying his team to the (5th?) spot. But I don't see Michael Beasley as that good and O'Neal is crap. Mario Chalmers was a steal for whatever spot he went at though.

D_Rose1118
08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
every team is overrated by their fans

but i would have to say cavs and mavericks

Beno7500
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM
Cleveland, LA, Boston

clutchski
08-06-2009, 12:01 PM

You're over generalizing our team becuase we have a lot of international players. Who cares if our coach is Canadian..he does **** loads for your national team and has done for years. And there is a million reasons why CB would want to keep playing here, many more than he would want to leave. And even if we are in the draft lottery next year, ****ing right I'll look forward to it.

And how on earth do we "always get media love"? Foolish dude, we have 1 ESPN game this year. Media love..what a joke.

TheMicrowave
08-06-2009, 12:06 PM
magic- losing turk will hurt alot. nelson needs to be back to his old self, not that pile of crap we saw in the playoffs.

celtics- Garnett needs to prove he's healthy. Plus they are really old.

Shaq/Z not working out? UMMMM OK EXPLAIN??

Shaq plays 20+ min and Z gets the rest. best 1-2 punch at center in the NBA. Z is the best backup center in the NBA. Moon will be the cavs 10th man, lol. So lets see another 10th man be that good.

Hmm... you are saying Magic and Celtics are overrated and you are a Cavs fan? And your trying to explain why Shaq and Z are going to work out well together? Homerism.

I agree losing Turk will hurt a lot, but adding Carter and Barnes will help out more. Nelson is young and should heel just fine from his injury. I think the Magic will be a better team than last year.

Celtics - They have a lot to prove next season. I think Pierce is the only one out of the big three that is getting older. He seems to be a bit slower and not as good. Allen is hitting game winners and putting up huge numbers in the playoffs. KG will be fine and still a monster. Rondo is only getting better. Cetlcs will be contender next season.

Cavs added Shaq. The Suns added Shaq and got much worse. Suns were in first place before they added Shaq, by the end of the season they were in the last place. I think Shaq is going to help out against certain teams, but hurt against the fast pace offensive teams like the Blazers, Mavs, Hornets, Lakers, Magic (all good at the 3 and offense can move). Cavs will underachieved and have a lot to prove next season.

azkarraga
08-06-2009, 12:08 PM
Id say portland. yes, they're young and their time's yet to come. but it could be like D'Antoni's suns. yes they were great, amazing to wacht, but never won anything. i can see that happenig to portland.

tbone2171
08-06-2009, 12:10 PM
Lakers

jazzfan4life
08-06-2009, 12:12 PM
spurs
hornets
celtics

d-baller23
08-06-2009, 12:19 PM

The Orlando Magic are not overrated, The Cavs are, and Boston Celtics are too, we just proved we are not a force to be messed with, Cavs are absolutely overrated because they have LBJ, and now Shaq, everyone thought it would be Cavs and L.A. but look what happened, shouldn't count out other teams, and now Boston is overrated because they keep on saying the reason the Magic one because they didn't have KG, well we didn't have Nelson, so its the same thing.

TheMicrowave
08-06-2009, 12:40 PM
^^^ you are a hypocrite.

Magic aren't overrated, but the Celtics and Cavs are. None are overrated.

So much homerism.

MacFitz92
08-06-2009, 12:54 PM

Shoulda' Woulda' Coulda'

Jay22Redd
08-06-2009, 01:00 PM
Mavs

KobeBeatJeeesus
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
^^^ you are a hypocrite.

Magic aren't overrated, but the Celtics and Cavs are. None are overrated.

So much homerism.

Homerism doesn't necessarily mean they are wrong. I was calling an Orlando and Lakers final the second time they lost to Orlando in the regular season. Boston without KG is definitely overrated. The only reason they beat the Bulls is because Rondo is allowed to hit people. A healthy KG changes things but the Lakers **** on them and Orlando handled them as well as Cleveland when they were favored to repeat. They barely went the distance with Orlando and we already know why Cleveland is overrated. Im not saying Cleveland isn't good, but they get respect just because they have LBJ. They haven't won **** and get respect every year right out of the box since that bastard was drafted.

The only teams that are truly going to CONTEND for a title are Lakers and Nuggets and the Celtics and Magic. WCF and ECF for 09-10.

JayW_1023
08-06-2009, 01:24 PM
Cleveland...they overachieved last year, and probably will again next year.

GrkGawdofWalkz
08-06-2009, 01:35 PM
I would say of the playoff teams the few that come to mind are the Mavericks, Hornets, and Pistons.

QuaLiThADoN
08-06-2009, 01:43 PM
The wizards!

tland22
08-06-2009, 01:50 PM
Durant, Rose, Portland, Bynum, OKC Thunder, Toronto's bench... ALL OVERRATED.

xBLAMEITON24x
08-06-2009, 01:51 PM
Mavs if people really think they can be a powerhouse in the west.

mdabstar
08-06-2009, 02:03 PM
magic and the mavs. the magic losing hedo is going to hurt them. they are a good team, dont get me wrong, but people are ranking them number one in the east? as for the mavs, ive been to a couple threads and people are ranking them 2nd or 3rd in the west. cmon now....

Mavrix
08-06-2009, 02:05 PM
magic and the mavs. the magic losing hedo is going to hurt them. they are a good team, dont get me wrong, but people are ranking them number one in the east? as for the mavs, ive been to a couple threads and people are ranking them 2nd or 3rd in the west. cmon now....

They ARE 3rd in the west. Portland isn't better and Denver has made 0 moves this off season where as the Mavericks have made their starting line up AND bench better.

Mavrix
08-06-2009, 02:07 PM
People forget how versatile Dallas is now with Marion. Marion and Howard are arguably the 2 most versatile players in the league. Howard can play SF and SG and Marion can play SF and PF. Terry can play SG and PG and Dirk can play PF and C when needed. Marion changes a lot of problems Dallas had last season, and playing with Kidd will bring his numbers up.

Gambeezy
08-06-2009, 02:26 PM
gotta be Boston

Jamiecballer
08-06-2009, 02:58 PM
Cleveland...they overachieved last year, and probably will again next year.

just curious.... if a team overachieves and you think they will continue to overachieve in the future can you really call them overrated?

mitch91
08-06-2009, 03:07 PM
everyone is mentioning contenders so i think il switch it up slightly.....the thunder? now lets get this straight they do have a very very promising team, no ifs of buts about that and they will most def be contending down the line if they keep this core....BUT alot of people have them making the playoff! personally i think if they did that then they would have over-achieved! i think they will make the playoffs maybe...MAYBE....next year....but first they have to have a winning season with this young group...il repeat that young group!

Ruggy
08-06-2009, 03:15 PM
I would say the Celtics, they are very beatable. We Knicks beat them twice!

Then I would say the Hornets, they have very little depth, even after the nice trade for Okafor.
If this were the case than all Charlotte fans would say the Lakers are overrated.

ohreally
08-06-2009, 03:29 PM
Portland
Cleveland
Suns
Orlando
Denver

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 03:30 PM

I might be a Raptors fan but how can being ranked 7th by a lot of people make you over rated?

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 03:31 PM
Why do people call Cavaliers over rated?

Everyone has them 3rd in the East and people say they can't beat the Celtics or Orlando.

I don't know how that makes them over rated.

cleveland#1fan
08-06-2009, 03:48 PM
I really dont see how you can say that the team that led the NBA in wins last year that hasnt done anything but add more depth to their roster in overrated. cmon now

DCSportsIsPain
08-06-2009, 03:53 PM
I really dont see how you can say that the team that led the NBA in wins last year that hasnt done anything but add more depth to their roster in overrated. cmon now

Easily. Winning 66 games in the regular season doesn't mean much if a team goes nowhere in the playoffs. Nobody remembers who won the regular season. Nobody cares.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
Easily. Winning 66 games in the regular season doesn't mean much if a team goes nowhere in the playoffs. Nobody remembers who won the regular season. Nobody cares.

How does it make you over rated when people think you are going to be 3rd in the East?

28+24+5=3champs
08-06-2009, 03:56 PM
i really dont see how people can say that the defending NBA champions who simply added a phenominal defender in artest and only lost arixa. in the long term maybe that hurts but not for the upcoming year.
LOST: 9ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.7 spg
GOT: 17ppg, 5rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.5 spg, and a lock down defender

seems like all they did was get alot better. how are they overrated??????

Raps18-19 Champ
08-06-2009, 03:58 PM
i really dont see how people can say that the defending NBA champions who simply added a phenominal defender in artest and only lost arixa. in the long term maybe that hurts but not for the upcoming year.
LOST: 9ppg, 4.3 rpg, 1.8 apg, 1.7 spg
GOT: 17ppg, 5rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.5 spg, and a lock down defender

seems like all they did was get alot better. how are they overrated??????

So did the Cavs but people are saying they are over rated.

28+24+5=3champs
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
So did the Cavs but people are saying they are over rated.

yeah. i think the people saying that teams that only got stronger are overrated just because they dont like the teams should keep their mouths shut. personally i dont think that the cavs will win 66 again but they are obviously strong title contenders and therefore definately not overrated.

Fireworld
08-06-2009, 04:06 PM
The Celtics

scotttube
08-06-2009, 04:16 PM
I would say

Cavs: Obviously very good but everyone was ready to crown them champs last year and they didn't make the finals. Shaq does nothing to get them over the hump. Have you seen him play the last 2 years?

Heat: People are still thinking of their 2006 championship but they are not an elite team anymore. They showed it last year with a 1st round playoff loss. Have done nothing to get better.

Bulls: 7th place in the conference and suddenly everyone is talking about the bulls this year. Did nothing in the offseason except lose their best scorer ben gordon. It feels like carlos boozer is already on the team but he isn't, yet.

Rockets: Yao is out for the year, but TMac is healthy? Lost Ron Artest but got Trevor Ariza? 2 classicly overrated players TMac and Ariza. The Rockets were 20-15 with TMac last year but 33-14 without. Ariza somehow became God in the Lakers run to the championship last year.

Suns: They missed the playoffs last year but are still treated as one of the elite teams. This is a team in decline with an aging point guard.

And whichever team signs AI..

mitch91
08-06-2009, 04:20 PM
I would say

Cavs: Obviously very good but everyone was ready to crown them champs last year and they didn't make the finals. Shaq does nothing to get them over the hump.

Heat: People are still thinking of their 2006 championship but they are not an elite team anymore. They showed it last year with a 1st round playoff loss. Have done nothing to get better.

Bulls: 7th place in the conference and suddenly everyone is talking about the bulls this year. Did nothing in the offseason except lose their best scorer ben gordon. It feels like carlos boozer is already on the team but he isn't, yet.

Rockets: Yao is out for the year, but TMac is healthy? Lost Ron Artest but got Trevor Ariza? 2 classicly overrated players TMac and Ariza. The Rockets were 20-15 with TMac last year but 33-14 without. Ariza somehow became God in the Lakers run to the championship last year.

Suns: They missed the playoffs last year but are still treated as one of the elite teams. This is a team in decline with an aging point guard.

what planet are you on! there is noway that people still think that the suns are contenders! in the threads that say....'rank the west' 'what are your predictions for next year' etc etc....most people dont have the suns in their playoffs. they have sometimes the clippers in there the thunder in there and some have the same 8 teams as last year in there. so noway in hell are the suns contenders or overrated!

Draco
08-06-2009, 04:22 PM
I would say

Cavs: Obviously very good but everyone was ready to crown them champs last year and they didn't make the finals. Shaq does nothing to get them over the hump. Have you seen him play the last 2 years?

Who's everyone?

KnicksR4Real
08-06-2009, 04:35 PM
The Knicks -- their fans think they acutally have a good core -- I'll say only Wilson Chandler is the one that looks good for a young guy.

The Heat -- oh man, Dwyane Wade is a beast but he can't be expected to have a career season EVERY season, what he did last year was phenomenal, carrying his team to the (5th?) spot. But I don't see Michael Beasley as that good and O'Neal is crap. Mario Chalmers was a steal for whatever spot he went at though.

I will spare your life but next time do not say anything about the Knicks or else I will tell the Narnians.

heyman321
08-06-2009, 05:02 PM
I will spare your life but next time do not say anything about the Knicks or else I will tell the Narnians.

Knicks haven't been good since the Van Gundy/ Ewing days brah.

DetroitRipCity
08-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Cleveland

x2

GeorgeMcCloud21
08-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Cleveland
Atlanta

DCSportsIsPain
08-06-2009, 05:17 PM
yeah. i think the people saying that teams that only got stronger are overrated just because they dont like the teams should keep their mouths shut. personally i dont think that the cavs will win 66 again but they are obviously strong title contenders and therefore definately not overrated.

I think that assuming the team got stronger by adding a 37 year old, far past his prime Shaq is a slight reach. I think assuming every post claiming a team is over-rated is nothing more than a personal vendetta is narrow-minded. I think the Cavs haven't won anything yet. They are not the only team in their category. Only one of the five most talked about teams in the NBA won the title last season. Every other team lost. Nobody remembers losers. Nobody cares about runners up or also rans. And nobody gives a rats *** about excellent regular season records when the team loses in the playoffs. LeBron James, the single most media-hyped player in the league, led his team to an early exit. Any talk of his team being automatic for the conference or league finals is over-rating the Cavaliers.

Again, the Cavs are not the only team that fell short of expectations last season and are being hyped to make a big splash this season. Hell, the team I root for was seriously over-rated last season. They only won 19 games.

scotttube
08-06-2009, 06:26 PM
Who's everyone?

You :D

Vinny642
08-06-2009, 07:36 PM
LOL @ the Hornets being overrated. people under rate us on this site. They think we'll be in the 6-9 in the west

Also we dont have little depth no more, we drafted two solid backups and signed a solikd backup Im sick of explaining this

rsweene
08-06-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes, the current champions are overrated. That makes perfect sense...

Toenail Clipper
08-06-2009, 08:05 PM
Cavs.
ANDDDD
Hornets
ANDDDD
Mavs

b_rad23
08-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Bulls
Clippers
Raptors

DetroitRipCity
08-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Lakers
Mavs
Spurs

lemme guess PHO fan???

Ty Fast
08-06-2009, 08:23 PM

here ya
soft and jose can NOT play d at all

THE_LOGO
08-06-2009, 08:24 PM
After reading the posts and thinking for a while, my vote is Boston. They're already being dubbed as contenders even after failing to go to the ECF last year. Because of what? A healthy KG? Signing of Sheed? His health at his age is not guaranteed. It's harder to come back from injury with age. Sheed replaces only one piece that they lost when they won the 'ship. They have yet to replace Posey. Add to that the team's overall age and lack of depth makes them vulnerable to injuries and fatigue. As much as I'd like to see another Lakers/Celtics final, I doubt it would happen.

Cavs, Magic, Lakers, Nugs are all exempt from being overrated. Why? They were the top four teams last year and with significant additions to the first three teams, nothing suggests they won't be back. As for the Nugs, I'd even say they were underrated since no one really expected them to be where they got last year.

PS. I'd like to see more posts like this where reasons are given. I may be wrong but at least I gave my reasons for my vote. But then again I don't really expect much from trolls that just wants to get their post #s up so they can claim they know something, or they own this place, or whatever.

BULLSDROSE1
08-06-2009, 08:26 PM
Bulls
Clippers
Raptors

How are the Bulls overrated?!?!

J_M_B
08-06-2009, 08:27 PM
Cleveland Cavaliers
Chicago Bulls
L.A Clippers
Toronto Raptors

mikantsass
08-06-2009, 08:47 PM
Celtics, LA, Orl, Cavs, SA are NOT over-rated. they are the best teams in the NBA. Teams that are over-rated are Portland and Dallas because it seems that people think these two can keep pace with the others. That will not be the case IMO

blastmasta26
08-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Everybody knows we're gonna suck this year, how is that overrated? And our young core has some pieces. Chandler as you said, Galinari (played injured but still showed promise), and Sessions if we sign him. Our rookies don't look too bad either.

tland22
08-06-2009, 09:44 PM
I know Vinny... It is almost unexplainable that people say the HORNETS are OVERRATED? LOL, they get no respect and no love and somehow they are overrated? Someone explain this to me...overrated by who?

FlakeyFool
08-06-2009, 10:44 PM
yes a team who only won 33 games last year(raps) are overrated

AK23
08-06-2009, 11:09 PM
lakers,spurs,portland

prodigy
08-06-2009, 11:16 PM
I love how the only ones saying Orlando are the Cavs & Celtics fans. They added VC (huge upgrade over Turk).

Your missing the whole point. talent wise, no question VC is better then turk, but 2 things.

1. Turk is 6'10 VC is 6'5. Turk was a huge mis-match for most teams. VC is not.

2. Cavs have a great gameplan for VC, and since 2007 they have shut him down using 1 man, and every once in awhile swinging lebron over.

bass is not that good.

mdabstar
08-06-2009, 11:21 PM
How are the Bulls overrated?!?!

heres why. yeah they pushed boston to 7 games in the playoffs, but they lost gordon. he was the reason why they got that far last year..

MajorFloridaFan
08-07-2009, 12:26 AM
Clev Mavs Celts---but if they are alll healthy then there dangerous

KobeBeatJeeesus
08-07-2009, 03:57 AM
How does it make you over rated when people think you are going to be 3rd in the East?

Because its THIRD in the EAST.